PDA

View Full Version : So... while the maitenance is on, let's talka bout weapons you'd like to see

Fafnir
Jul 19, 2012, 11:52 PM
We all know what the upcoming new toys will be in the fall update, but what options would you like to see in future updates? Furthermore, and more importantly, what gaps would you want new weapons to fill?

Personally, I would like to see some weapons that combine tech ability with combat ability. Right now, it's best to focus on one or the other exclusively, with no reason to invest in tech based abilities as a hunter or ranger, and the other way around for forces. Because of this, taking a human or newman as a hunter/ranger is generally a poor idea, and using a cast as a force is similarly so. By adding hybrid weapons that mix combat and technique elements, each of the currently overshadowed race/class selections would gain something to make them much more viable.

One fairly obvious option, having come from PSU, would probably be the photon bow. It would be pretty cool to have a weapon that, when fired normally, would release a single, weak R-atk based projectile. But upon holding the attack button to charge the shot (being a bow and all, this fits), you could fire a powerful T-atk based projectile, possibly with piercing abilities. Photon arts could function in a similar manner.

For melee combat, I would propose something along the lines of a small sword and shield. Such a weapon could function not only as a hybrid force/hunter weapon, but also as a potential tank focused weapon. Basic attacks would be similar to a gunslash, with short range, high speed, and medium-low damage. By using the secondary function of the weapon (ie, shift on the keyboard), the player could activate a parry motion with the shield that would act similarly to a just guard, but instead of deflecting the damage and allowing for a normal counterattack, this guard could instead allow the player to follow up with an instantly cast fully charged technique of their choice.
Such a weapon would allow skilled forces to unleash powerful techniques at a higher rate of fire (the key word here is skilled, since such a weapon would put a force in great danger, should they make a mistake), and allow for hunters to gain some support abilities that would decentralize the current notion of casts always being the best option for every situation. Furthermore, the better defenses and close combat abilities of FOcasts would make them solid choices for such a weapon as well.

This is just some musing of mine, your thoughts? Ideas?

goldwing
Jul 19, 2012, 11:54 PM
Well atm im waiting on double sabers but im wanting to see psp2 weps snd also pso weps to sum it up

ZcRaider
Jul 19, 2012, 11:55 PM
Just give me a Double Saber...and anything near the awesomeness of the PA's in PSU, and I will be as content as a baby sucking its mothers.......milk bottles. :-D

Edit: Damn Goldwing...beat me to the punch by 1 min. Your kungfu is indeed strong....

xBladeM6x
Jul 19, 2012, 11:58 PM
I'd love to see this weapon make a return:

Mugunruk
http://psupedia.info/images/a/a2/Mugunruk.png

Not the most appealing weapon, but it was my first, and most used S rank on PSU. Oh, 1UP memories.

goldwing
Jul 19, 2012, 11:59 PM
Just give me a Double Saber...and anything near the awesomeness of the PA's in PSU, and I will be as content as a baby sucking its mothers.......milk bottles. :-D

Edit: Damn Goldwing...beat me to the punch by 1 min. Your kungfu is indeed strong....

I learn from the best -bows-

AlMcFly
Jul 20, 2012, 12:02 AM
Why do the same thread topics pop up at the same time? This thread is literally separated by only two threads on the front page from this topic: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198490 It's like people are saying "Nope! That topic is a day old. We must remake!" No offense of course. I just don't know why this couldn't be discussed in a consolidated fashion. I for one feel that necro-posting should always be allowed for this type of topic.

ZcRaider
Jul 20, 2012, 12:04 AM
I learn from the best -bows-

LOL @ Goldwing!

Just had a second thought. Figured its worth the potential double post but.

I WOULD NOT WANT:

A knock off weapon of the original. Crea Doubles anyone?

Dont get me wrong...the Crea Doubles were nice..and i Mained them. But they still were not like the orginal....Twin Brand.

If they add it....They can enhance it...but dont change it. Thats my opinion.

If they do make something new...it better be F@#$ing awesome. Freakin lighting in stuff floatin around. Something.

Fafnir
Jul 20, 2012, 12:07 AM
Why do the same thread topics pop up at the same time? This thread is literally separated by only two threads on the front page from this topic: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198490 It's like people are saying "Nope! That topic is a day old. We must remake!" No offense of course. I just don't know why this couldn't be discussed in a consolidated fashion. I for one feel that necro-posting should always be allowed for this type of topic.

I apologize if I was unclear, I meant, rather, weapon types, and not specific weapons themselves. Furthermore, on the basis of the original post, I meant to address specific gaps in the gameplay that I feel should be filled.

It's not my fault that no one read the OP.

ZcRaider
Jul 20, 2012, 12:08 AM
Forget weapons

Wartecher
Melee Technics

Transform Double Saber into large dualblade of Light with Gigrants
Punch the ground to make an explosion for Gifoie
Lightning speed flying kick for Zonde
Foie for Megaton Pawnch
Punch ground for Ice Crystal eruption for Rabarta.

I can dream, I guess.

YES thank you! THANK YOU!

If i cant have double sabers. Give me cool stuff i can do Unarmed.

I want to throw a freakin HADOKEN man. Throw some kicks and Shoryukens and I will be MORE content than a baby sucking its mothers Milk .......Bottles.

pikachief
Jul 20, 2012, 12:09 AM
Shigga Desta. Still my favorite phantasy star gun. I WANT SHOTGUNS.

Zyrusticae
Jul 20, 2012, 12:09 AM
GIVE ME MY BLOODY AXES CURSE YOOUUUUU

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5905/psu20090319205113002.jpg

(...Also, Crea-weapons would be nice to have...)

Yunfa
Jul 20, 2012, 12:11 AM
DARK FLOW, that weapon from PSO days (you can only swing it once per attack) where if your HP was almost gone, your every swing is a Kamehameha wave of light that disintegrated everything within it's path...Double Cannon (sucks HP for uber massive damage) then switch to DARK FLOW and wiped everything else

ShilohSham
Jul 20, 2012, 12:13 AM
Bows and Whips

Chacron
Jul 20, 2012, 12:14 AM
I would like bows, with their own PA's too. A ranged weapon based on t-atk would be nice for my FOcaseal, though ranged weapon based on both t-atk and r-atk AND you could cast with it would be godly.

As far as the PAs would go, has anyone played Dragon's Dogma? The Magick Archer vocation has various elemental bow ablilities that I think would suit this game quite well.

sugarFO
Jul 20, 2012, 12:15 AM
Magical Piece lol

Zari
Jul 20, 2012, 12:17 AM
I would actually like fists and handguns.

If any new weapons, I would actually think something like Eve's (from Elsword) drones would be kinda neat.

AlMcFly
Jul 20, 2012, 12:24 AM
I apologize if I was unclear, I meant, rather, weapon types, and not specific weapons themselves. Furthermore, on the basis of the original post, I meant to address specific gaps in the gameplay that I feel should be filled.

It's not my fault that no one read the OP.

Lol. Ok cool. Still already done.

New thread: "let's compare oranges!" New thread "let's compare apples!" New thread: "let's compare apples to oranges!"

Three weeks later - New thread: "let's compare oranges!" etc. etc.

Again no personal offense. Just bringing up an observation of absurdity.

ZcRaider
Jul 20, 2012, 12:27 AM
Lol. Ok cool. Still already done.

New thread: "let's compare oranges!" New thread "let's compare apples!" New thread: "let's compare apples to oranges!"

Three weeks later - New thread: "let's compare oranges!" etc. etc.

Again no personal offense. Just bringing up an observation of absurdity.

Still..not as bad as the "when is there gonna be a new English patch" threads.

People..will be people....So im chosing to be an alien damnit. Flawless...victory!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/ZcRaider/Mugen.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/ZcRaider/alien.png

Enforcer MKV
Jul 20, 2012, 12:28 AM
Knuckles and 500 AC to make En's sister Violet, the user of said Knuckles. I wanna see her crack some skulls! I want my Gudda Igga, baby!

Agitated_AT
Jul 20, 2012, 12:31 AM
More SEGA stuff like in PSO. I want to see things from nights, from sonic, from ristar or whatevr. Just give me more SEGA Stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

ZcRaider
Jul 20, 2012, 12:35 AM
opps...

TecherRamen
Jul 20, 2012, 12:37 AM
magic gloves. punch attack with extended range. very low striking power with good Tatck

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jul 20, 2012, 12:39 AM
Vivienne <3
Guld Milla
Sange Yasha

been my 3 main weapons for awhile. particularly Fighgunner.

AlMcFly
Jul 20, 2012, 12:39 AM
magic gloves. punch attack with extended range. very low striking power with good Tatck

http://hockeytrainingpro.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/boxing-glove.jpg

Skye-Fox713
Jul 20, 2012, 01:48 AM
hmm, can't think of any weapons at the moment that I'd like to see a return of. I'll have to take a look through the lists.

Ryock
Jul 20, 2012, 01:54 AM
I am a little curious to see what kind of form they'll bring Psycho Wand in, though I must admit PSU's version of Psycho Wand was very unsatisfying. Hopefully something special will be with it in this game. Other weapons I'd like to see return are Summit Moon, Caduceus, Mercurius Rod, etc. I am super happy they brought back Hitogata from the looks of it.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 20, 2012, 01:58 AM
Now that I think about it it would be interesting to see the return of the pso mechgun model as a rare weapon for the mechgun weapon class.

Hosaka
Jul 20, 2012, 01:59 AM
Sword-chucks, yo.

Izuna
Jul 20, 2012, 01:59 AM
hehe

Double=Cannon
Tsumakiri J-Sword
Excalibur

Dan Maku
Jul 20, 2012, 02:01 AM
An assault rifle shaped like an electric guitar, ala Genkaku from Deadman Wonderland.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2012, 02:07 AM
double sabers, twin daggers, twin claws, slicers...

Rika-chan
Jul 20, 2012, 02:07 AM
A giant butterknife as a sword, a giant fork as a spear, and a giant spoon as a staff.

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2012, 02:21 AM
yo-yo wiredlance

/dies happy and never uses anything else

Micro
Jul 20, 2012, 02:24 AM
Forget weapons

Wartecher
Melee Technics

Transform Double Saber into large dualblade of Light with Gigrants
Punch the ground to make an explosion for Gifoie
Lightning speed flying kick for Zonde
Foie for Megaton Pawnch
Punch ground for Ice Crystal eruption for Rabarta.

I can dream, I guess.

I'm throwing money at my monitor but nothing is happening.

AlMcFly
Jul 20, 2012, 02:27 AM
I do agree with OP that having shields as a combat item would be a cool game-changer. We already have shields in the game but they are cosmetic. Building PAs and move sets around a one-hand weapon + shield could be pretty badass. If I were a futuristic combat engineer/inventor I would make large photon shields to block or divert energy. A photon version of the riot shield anyone?

Skye-Fox713
Jul 20, 2012, 02:49 AM
I do agree with OP that having shields as a combat item would be a cool game-changer. We already have shields in the game but they are cosmetic. Building PAs and move sets around a one-hand weapon + shield could be pretty badass. If I were a futuristic combat engineer/inventor I would make large photon shields to block or divert energy. A photon version of the riot shield anyone?

didn't they have weaponized shields in PSZ?

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 02:51 AM
They did. I never used them so I don't know what they were like, but I'd love something that functioned somewhere between wired lances and captain america's shield in the recent movies.

redroses
Jul 20, 2012, 02:58 AM
They also had shields as weapons in PSP2. They were used to block when using one handed weapons and when exact blocking could hit more then one enemy.

A weapon I would really like to see again is the whip. I loved them so much in PSU and found them so much fun to use.

banhmy112
Jul 20, 2012, 03:07 AM
Katana. :)

Xaton
Jul 20, 2012, 03:08 AM
hmms with bows comeing in possibly maybe differnt photon arts not bullet enhanceing arts like in psp portable or psu but like rapid shit photon arts like Ina from samurai warriors mousu or shoot up and arrow rain or even melee attacks with it and switch to shooting or melee combo while the shots take PP while melee setting builds it up.

TheBlackMage
Jul 20, 2012, 03:45 AM
A weapon I would really like to see again is the whip. I loved them so much in PSU and found them so much fun to use.
+10
This.

I loved those weapons to death.

Disastorm
Jul 20, 2012, 04:03 AM
I think one of the most important things for pso games is to have a huge variety of custom graphic rare weapons and equipment. Stuff like the Akikos Frying Pan, the various Mag Cells, The Egg Blaster, Delsabers Buster, Chainsaw, etc ,etc.

Ryder87
Jul 20, 2012, 04:27 AM
Hmm I have a few ideas of some weapon styles they should add...

All Classes: Whips
HU/RA Exclusive : Dual GunSlash (Mechguns & Twin Swords combined)
HU Exclusive: Double Sabers
RA Exclusive: Shotgun (multi hit midrange weapon)
FO Exclusive: Palm Energy Orbs (Len from Melty Blood)

KrankItVZ
Jul 20, 2012, 04:40 AM
Uhh someone tell me what happened... I thought the maintenance was done almost 2 hours ago

AlMcFly
Jul 20, 2012, 05:04 AM
Uhh someone tell me what happened... I thought the maintenance was done almost 2 hours ago

They were up for about 30 minutes, then esploded.

Angelo
Jul 20, 2012, 05:44 AM
I don't know how many times I have to say 'hammers'.

But hammers.

darkante
Jul 20, 2012, 05:57 AM
How about some whip like moves PAs for the Wire Lances?
Iīm curious too why there arenīt any.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2012, 06:00 AM
sword chucks yo.

mhjc
Jul 20, 2012, 06:12 AM
I don't know how many times I have to say 'hammers'.

But hammers.

Give me my Monhan hamma~~ Sega already copied quite a few Monhan elements, may as well get them hammers & long swords >_>

AdmiralPit
Jul 20, 2012, 07:25 AM
Bows, with raining arrows being a possible PA. It'd remind me of Pit a lot. It was mainly a FO ranged weapon back in PSPo2i as well, and it'd be pretty nice to have a ranged weapon besides just guns, and cards.

darkante
Jul 20, 2012, 07:29 AM
Tomahawks would be fun too.

Blastifyys
Jul 20, 2012, 07:30 AM
I would love to see no weps what i would love to see Sega make weps that surprises us but were talking about Sega here i mean they have a fish for a sword for the hunter class yup

Aki03
Jul 20, 2012, 07:45 AM
Well... Double Sabers will surely come : )

All classes: Daggers
Hunters: Double Sabers : D
Rangers: Sniper-Rifles (just a precise long ranged weapon)
Forces: New Techniques ^^.

drizzle
Jul 20, 2012, 08:17 AM
Sword-chucks, yo.

Angelo
Jul 20, 2012, 08:38 AM
Give me my Monhan hamma~~ Sega already copied quite a few Monhan elements, may as well get them hammers & long swords >_>

I'm going to assume 'Monhan' is kana shorthand for 'Monster Hunter'.

That's actually where I got the idea.

Laxedrane
Jul 20, 2012, 09:12 AM
For those asking, shields were like Rods from PSO. Weapons with additional defense on them. They were kind of wasted in a mostly solo game like zero. The most useful thing about them was they had a photon art that made you invulnerable to damage of any kind for like 5 seconds. Extremely useful for bosses that can ohko you with specific super moves you could predict.

If they added them in this game it would just come down to what photon arts they added and how much they enhanced defense. The shields were mainly the 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the character(Think Final Fantasy X-2 enemy lieutenant) and they were quite fun to have around.

Anyways weapon classes I would like to see are.
Double sabers of course. Knuckles and katanas for hunters.
I am not gonna touch ranger becuase I don't have a good understanding of those weapons in this game yet.
Force Bow as a tech weapon,Cast spell shoots as an arrow goes off on impact is my imagined version of it, and Boomerangs(Or slicers from zero). Works like it did in zero.

While I love whips too I have a hard time picturing what they do in this game without stepping on the concepts of weapons we already have. Unless it retains it's slow heavy AoE with high status inflicting chances.

I love to see force weapon photon arts like we did in zero especially since there a high chance Hunters and rangers will be able to cast techs as soon as the new classes hit.

As far as specific weapons:
OKAROD!, Sweet death, Caduceus, Summit moon, Wok of Akiko's shop, Huge battle fan, Twin Diskas, The Shurikan line from zero, and the Pizza from zero.

Why does no one ever talk about mag cells they want!? I want Frauduke, Sita, Chuchu, and okikudohg.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 20, 2012, 09:17 AM
Force Bow as a tech weapon,Cast spell shoots as an arrow goes off on impact is my imagined version of it

Rod works the exact same in TPS, just without travel time of a projectile
For spells like Rabarta though, have to toss a card and time it just before it collides with scenery and disappears. Bow just being for reliable PBAoE at distance seems silly

Although, gotta wonder just how creative they'll be with the new force weapon.

Micro
Jul 20, 2012, 09:22 AM
I'm going to assume 'Monhan' is kana shorthand for 'Monster Hunter'.

That's actually where I got the idea.

My pants will be creamed if we get Hammers.

Piraya
Jul 20, 2012, 09:32 AM
Lavis Cannon, Blades and Double cannon. Yes i'm still obsessed by the Lavis Cannon since the first one dropped for me way back on the DC.

Laxedrane
Jul 20, 2012, 09:41 AM
Rod works the exact same in TPS, just without travel time of a projectile
For spells like Rabarta though, have to toss a card and time it just before it collides with scenery and disappears. Bow just being for reliable PBAoE at distance seems silly

Although, gotta wonder just how creative they'll be with the new force weapon.

:-? Unfortunately I just don't see how else to make force weapons that aren't super redundant even though in theory it's just a card where the projectile goes off each time instead of just holding it in the position you last casted a tech while it was flying.

Plus the card reload time frustrates the hell out of me. I can't tell you how many times I waited for my character to pull out another card so I can start charging a spell at my character only to realize my card hasn't deloaded yet and I cast a resta 20 feet away from myself.

Cards are cool I would just like an easier to control version of them.

TheBlackMage
Jul 20, 2012, 11:59 AM
Plus the card reload time frustrates the hell out of me. I can't tell you how many times I waited for my character to pull out another card so I can start charging a spell at my character only to realize my card hasn't deloaded yet and I cast a resta 20 feet away from myself.

Just throw a new card to drop the current one and instantly cast/charge the tech you want before the new card gains any distance.

Imo the only way I can see a bow being a force weapon is if you have to fuse a tech with it, however the actual tech isn't used but the element and lvl of the tech disc determines the bows element and attack power, if you want to use a different element you have to over-write the current disc thus destroying it in the process therefore making you think twice before infusing it with another tech since you'd lose it or use up inventory space carrying multiple bows. (Unless say infusing a tech made it so any bows in your possession all use that disc so you'd have to pick and choose which and how many tech discs to bring with you.)

Just a thought. shrug.gif

bitmaster
Jul 20, 2012, 12:09 PM
I would like to see a return of some of the fancier mags and weaps from the old pso. I still use the Fatisia, which is the giant clover rod and I would like to see it return.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 02:17 PM
Also, gauntlets. I want to crush enemies like that cup in The Evil Dead II.

Satroms
Jul 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
A sword that looks exactly like buster sword and the old J-sword from pso. Also double handgun( as a rare), handgun and a sniperrifle would be awesome^^

HFlowen
Jul 20, 2012, 05:17 PM
Also, gauntlets. I want to crush enemies like that cup in The Evil Dead II.

Wasn't that Army of Darkness?

pikachief
Jul 20, 2012, 05:24 PM
I came back without reading any posts just to say:

SHOTGUNS! (like being able to be mobile while shooting)

and

MAGIC BOWS! (like you link a spell to a bow and when you shoot an enemy it does ranged damage, then the spell detonates in the enemy and does tech damage. Kinda like cards but the tech goes off after hitting something and strike faster)

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
Wasn't that Army of Darkness?

Oh, right you are. I get them mixed up.