PDA

View Full Version : Codes after last night's patch.

La'Haryl
Jul 20, 2012, 12:47 PM
Codes after last night's patch can only be reset twice now. After you reset a code twice, it will not appear again until you restart the game/mission.

Just a heads up. Makes my 21-25 grind a lot more time consuming as I can't just sit in caves mission 1 and reset the eliminations anymore.

Worried about the impact this will have on Multi-Party.

eharima
Jul 20, 2012, 12:49 PM
huh....?

La'Haryl
Jul 20, 2012, 12:52 PM
Before last night, you could start a code, elimination for example. Then telepipe out, or walk far enough away, and when you go back you can start the code again. Indefinitely.

Well after last night, you can only "reset" the code twice. After that, it won't reset anymore and you can't farm codes like we used to be able to before last night.

jooozek
Jul 20, 2012, 12:53 PM
Wait, so you are complaining that you can't exploit a bug anymore?

BahnKnakyu
Jul 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
People farmed codes? Gee, why wasn't this info made public earlier.

JeyKama
Jul 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
Well... considering that multiparties typically are looking for PSE Bursts rather than focusing on codes, I imagine it would have absolutely no impact. An exception might be Transmizer farming, but eh.

Blackheart521
Jul 20, 2012, 12:57 PM

^This, Just play the game, stop trying to find illegitimate ways of grinding slightly faster... It's not THAT hard.

La'Haryl
Jul 20, 2012, 01:13 PM
How was that illegitimate? We all thought it was WOI. Grind an area, grind the codes in the area, but whatever lol. No wonder I left this community back in GC. All the "legit" bullshit. WTB high horse. I was just informing players that it's no longer possible so I'll leave this thread alone now.

jooozek
Jul 20, 2012, 01:20 PM
(...) All the "legit" bullshit. (...)
Thanks to all the non-legit bullshit we are getting maintenance after maintenance, so why do we care? Because we can't play normally, did it somehow slip past you?

La'Haryl
Jul 20, 2012, 01:22 PM
It was never announced or inferred that resetting codes was Illegitimate. Just because some PSO-World players said it was illegitimate previous to this patch doesn't mean anything, because there's a handful of you snobs who think there's a correct way to play and that you're always right. It's been this way as long as I can remember, you treat this game like it's WoW and there's a "certain way to play" and you really just ruin it for the rest of the people that try to be a part of this forum community.

jooozek
Jul 20, 2012, 01:24 PM
You can't do it anymore, what are you trying to argue here? Are you saying Sakai is a bad influence for PSO-World?

La'Haryl
Jul 20, 2012, 01:25 PM
No? I'm saying you're a bad influence, running in throwing accusations and pointing fingers, blaming people for Sega's maintenance. Makes people not want to be a part of this community.

jooozek
Jul 20, 2012, 01:30 PM
I knew it, its Sakai's fault that there are kids being obnoxious with abusing holes and giving SEGA reasons to make maintenances, damn.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 20, 2012, 01:33 PM

^ THIS, if your complaining about them fixing it then your almost as bad as the hackers.

JeyKama
Jul 20, 2012, 01:41 PM
Man, you had to have known that resetting codes was not the intended way to level up, even if it wasn't being blocked to a point. People were using cannons in Diablo 3 to cheese mass XP and knew it was too good to be true though Blizzard was quiet about it, and ended up that yes, it was too good to be true. It's apparently not even doable anymore anyhow, so no need to feed the trolls.

TBH if you thought 20-25 is a grind, 25-30 is just as bad if not worse, so might as well suck it up and and either not worry about the xp rate or just get used to it.

The rest of you attacking the guy need to get off your damn high horses. Comparing this to malicious script-writing is about as block-headed as you can get.

Triple_S
Jul 20, 2012, 01:41 PM
This thread proved to me that PSO-World has a fair collection of assholes that either can't read or ignore things just to be condescending.

Wait, what else is new?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 20, 2012, 01:44 PM
I thought that the code eliminations that respawn on your way back were such a hindrance. Too bad it'll still happen, and will literally only affect people that farm codes. Just complete the damn mission, lol

Quatre52
Jul 20, 2012, 01:55 PM
This thread proved to me that PSO-World has a fair collection of assholes that either can't read or ignore things just to be condescending.

Wait, what else is new?

Exactly....this is why I've left this place so many times...hard to have conversations here with out starting arguments with at least a few people..

More on topic, you have confirmations of this? I honestly couldn't care, Just means restarting the mission slightly more often for those that do this, and you can still go for PSE bursts.

redroses
Jul 20, 2012, 02:04 PM
I never knew that the emergency codes reappearing was a bug.
I thought it made looking for PSE bursts a little more entertaining when a code protect would pop up, then you walk a little and suddenly code attack and of course code duels.

Or is this about the same emergency code always reappearing?

DARKWINGDARA
Jul 20, 2012, 02:11 PM
what impact does this have on multi-parties?
will you suddenly stop having codes after a set amount?

Maronji
Jul 20, 2012, 06:03 PM
In that case, I'd better be more careful. Not that I've ever died more than once in certain codes solo (Code Duels not included; curse those El Dagans), but I'd hate to lose a code for real because I died and had to return to the campship twice instead of someone taking care of it before I got back.

Crimera
Jul 20, 2012, 07:03 PM
what impact does this have on multi-parties?
will you suddenly stop having codes after a set amount?

This is a very good question.

Also, I didn't know (at least in MPAs) that this was illegitimate either. I still don't see how. I mean, it isn't like you can spawn infinite ragne or something.

But then again, I just hit lv 40... which is apparently after the entire community has reached it. So maybe I didn't exploit it right :/

...or others play a little... too much.

:3