PDA

View Full Version : Launcher>Assault Rifle

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 02:30 PM
But a rifle is needed for Weakening bullet.
Discuss.

Angelo
Jul 20, 2012, 02:33 PM
Launcher is currently > everything in the game.

Goes without saying.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
I'm imagining a bug that allows weak bullet to work with launcher AOE and I'm liking it.

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 02:41 PM
Some retards tried telling me a Assault Rifle does more DPS and can do 5-6k dmg with weakening bullet. I told them switch weapons, and then did a trollface symbol art.

Lostbob117
Jul 20, 2012, 02:42 PM
Launcher may do a lot of damage but, you have to think of dps also. Also if it's launcher vs assault rifle. launcher wins

But assault rifles are really fun to use.

Aeris
Jul 20, 2012, 02:46 PM
Only thing about launchers you're mostly immobile when shooting one and like a sitting duck open for getting attacked, you don't even want to think of using one on certain bosses that move fast like the banshee in tundra.

Tianren
Jul 20, 2012, 02:49 PM
Get back to me when Launchers can do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUaPy56J3D8&feature=player_embedded

Leica
Jul 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
I think weapon choice has a lot to do with fighting style. I find the mobility, reload time and versatility of the assault rifle more suited to my tastes.

MissMalice
Jul 20, 2012, 02:50 PM
ARs aren't pushovers, and I have mad respect for people who are proficient with them. I can't get used to being mobile while shooting, so being stationary with a launcher is definitely for me~

However, if they gave launchers Weak Bullet, oh holy hell..... -nerdgasm-

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 02:51 PM
ARs aren't pushovers, and I have mad respect for people who are proficient with them. I can't get used to being mobile while shooting, so being stationary with a launcher is definitely for me~

However, if they gave launchers Weak Bullet, oh holy hell..... -nerdgasm-

Use weak bullet switch weapons profit

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 20, 2012, 02:52 PM

?PSO2?????Ra?????Part2??????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUaPy56J3D8&feature=player_embedded)
lols at launcher hores

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 02:54 PM

?PSO2?????Ra?????Part2??????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUaPy56J3D8&feature=player_embedded)

They can. Use weak bullet then switch to a launcher.

Tianren
Jul 20, 2012, 02:57 PM
They can. Use weak bullet then switch to a launcher.

What a waste of a skill, especially if it has more than one shot.

Leica
Jul 20, 2012, 03:00 PM
Only thing about launchers you're mostly immobile when shooting one and like a sitting duck open for getting attacked, you don't even want to think of using one on certain bosses that move fast like the banshee in tundra.

This :]

JeyKama
Jul 20, 2012, 03:02 PM
There is some seriously suspicious stuff going on in that particular video, because in the rest of that person's videos, the damage done is much more realistic. He's also got the most placid Snow Banshee I've ever seen.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 20, 2012, 03:04 PM
*shrugs* Launcher has power going for it, that's about it. I prefer my AR, personally. Better mobility, more versatile PAs. Damage is nice, but when I could have put twenty odd shots on a boss instead of chasing after it because it ran away, or dodged an attack that I couldn't because of the lock the Launcher uses, the other weapon isn't very bad.

Each weapon has scenarios that it's more useful in.

Lostbob117
Jul 20, 2012, 03:09 PM
Watched that AR video wow, yeah AR's win.

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 03:10 PM
Watched that AR video wow, yeah AR's win.

If you switched to a launcher you could do like 29032742439x more damage

Tianren
Jul 20, 2012, 03:11 PM
There is some seriously suspicious stuff going on in that particular video, because in the rest of that person's videos, the damage done is much more realistic. He's also got the most placid Snow Banshee I've ever seen.

It's been confirmed what that person has in that video; Weak hit advance 1 and 2 at 10, weak shot at 10, standing snipe at around 7 with a 100 Ratk Mag, using a Caseal and the strongest AR in the game (474 ranged attack without any + ratk affixes) and as an assumption, 50 fire on that rifle... Couple that with the Panthers heads become extremely weak when broken and the damage is not that far fetched.

pikachief
9999! :D lol now I know how to fight those things when i get to them. :P

Although I do not like locking on, I suppose I could do it for just that boss lol

Vylera
This kid's a troll.

He says "discuss," yet he's unwilling to accept anyone's opinion.

/thread.

Kion
Jul 20, 2012, 03:15 PM
That youtube video:
Weapon: Tigredor +10 Fire Element 50 with ShootIII and AbilityIII affixes.
All units have Shoot III and Ability 3 except for rear which has a soul and shoot III.
Using the ShiftEX drink and shifta-items.
Skill set is weak bullet level 6, Weak Hit Advance 1&2 level 10. R-ATK level 1.

I think it's more about having balls-to-the equipment more than anything. Personally I prefer rifles. It's nice to be able to move around, and for single point damage, one you get weak hit advance 1&2, standing snipe and weak bullet and start doing 5000+ on a single hit, it feels pretty nice. For missions if you have a good party then pull out the launcher and start wreaking some chaos. It's more about situation, bosses, or when you need to move AR is a ranger's goto weapon.

JeyKama
Jul 20, 2012, 03:20 PM
It's been confirmed what that person has in that video; Weak hit advance 1 and 2 at 10, weak shot at 10, standing snipe at around 7 with a 100 Ratk Mag, using a Caseal and the strongest AR in the game (474 ranged attack without any + ratk affixes) and as an assumption, 50 fire on that rifle... Couple that with the Panthers heads become extremely weak when broken and the damage is not that far fetched.

I have a similar spec with Just Reversal and more R-ATK and the same Tig+10, used Shifta EX and the boost. Granted, I don't have 50 fire on my rifle, but that shouldn't make his damage DOUBLE mine on the same points.

Plus. if you look at videos he posted from even a day earlier, the kill times were 5-6 minutes, and the damage was half that.

No big though, it's just a really suspicious outlier alongside his other videos.

moorebounce
Jul 20, 2012, 03:23 PM

That gets the golf clap.

I guess after seeing that a lot of people using a ranger will try to copy this.

Tianren
Jul 20, 2012, 03:24 PM
I'm not even bothered to try and copy it as a ranger... I prefer my gunslash.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 20, 2012, 03:27 PM
I will keep using my upper traps.No way around that.Especially since i can do more damage than that when i hit the same level.

I prefer ARs entirely for the mobility,PAs, and the intense fun of it all.

I get really bored with launchers and only switch to them for mobs and helping out a pse burst get underway.

That and i couldn't give a crap for what does more damage.It really doesn't matter cept for dps nuts who MUST do the most damage possible.

Lostbob117
Jul 20, 2012, 03:27 PM

Okay please bring proof, we all have proof of how good a rifle now where's your proof?

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 03:43 PM
Okay please bring proof, we all have proof of how good a rifle now where's your proof?

Launchers do more damage without weakening bullet, and you can switch weapons to a launcher after you use weakening bullet. 'nuff said.

Saito_Forte
Jul 20, 2012, 04:06 PM

Guess I'm not the only one who does this.

彩音~
Jul 20, 2012, 04:15 PM

Hahaha!! In every single game there will always be some noob that will cry cheat or hacks when someone does something they can't. His gear and skill build is stacked out the ass. Don't start throwing out hackusations just because of big numbers

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 20, 2012, 04:17 PM
so you're saying the launcher can go pass the damage cap?
lol I don't think so

Blizz3112
Jul 20, 2012, 04:18 PM
So what, both need to be nerfed anyway... weak spots need to be less weak, and damage should probably be capped at 999, instead of 9999... that would make it more interesting to me...

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 04:18 PM
so you're saying the launcher can go pass the damage cap?
lol I don't think so

WE'RE ON SHIP 2 ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

Chacron
Jul 20, 2012, 04:21 PM
So what, both need to be nerfed anyway... weak spots need to be less weak, and damage should probably be capped at 999, instead of 9999... that would make it more interesting to me...

That'd hurt Forces too though.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 04:23 PM

Yes, let's cap all the burst damage attacks at the same damage that our ordinary attacks will be doing shortly.

Seriously, regular swings of my sword are doing up to 900 damage on yeti weak points (UP to, as in not standard, but give it ten more levels and it probably will be standard) without weak bullet. Why would you ever nerf it so something that uses PP or is single hit does exactly the same?

Blizz3112
Jul 20, 2012, 04:23 PM
That's the whole point, since Hunters are still the hardest class to play in comparison to the other two... it would balance the classes much more that way...

*gigawuts*: Special moves are still faster, and deal multiple vollies of damage, can cause certain effects on monsters or can just save characters from harms way... also, defenses on monsters should be higher to prevent the numbers of getting so high in the first place... :-P

Wolfgrey666
Jul 20, 2012, 04:27 PM
That's the whole point, since Hunters are still the hardest class to play in comparison to the other two... it would balance the classes much more that way...

Not really.It would make Forces near useless, rangers would the ultimate in OP and hunters would be trivial.

Why bother being a hunter or a force if you can just shoot for 999 all day without skills?

Extremely terrible idea and shows a immense lack of understanding of balancing a game.No offense to you.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 04:27 PM
And what of my non-regular attacks, e.g. every single PA, that deals well above 1k damage? Nova Strike, Rising Edge, Heavenly Fall... I even have Sonic Arrow dealing 1300+ on occasion.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 20, 2012, 04:28 PM
And what of my non-regular attacks, e.g. every single PA, that deals well above 1k damage? Nova Strike, Rising Edge, Heavenly Fall... I even have Sonic Arrow dealing 1300+ on occasion.

Exactly.My traps would become trivial and all my bullet arts in the end.It would also make launcher the best weapon in the game.Period.

No thank you lol

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 04:32 PM
Did I forget to mention at level 18 I weakbulleted one of the desert bosses FACE (not his other weak point JUST FACE) and hit 2000 dmg?

彩音~
Jul 20, 2012, 04:33 PM
His face is his weakpoint

LK1721
Jul 20, 2012, 04:33 PM
My opinion on Launchers vs. Assault Rifles is much like a lot of those in this thread. Sure, the launcher is powerful, but not much else. It is slow and rather boring to use with one function. AOE. Assault Rifles, on the other hand, are 10x more fun with a range of PA's that make it ridiculously versatile despite not being as powerful.

On this talk of nerfing Weak Bullet and Launchers. Weak Bullet benefits EVERYONE and everyone can exploit the hell out of it. Not to mention if you have more than one shot of it, you're fairly limited (as a RA) to using your PA attacks while your buddies smash/explode whatever you're shooting at into tiny bits. Launchers have some pretty good trade-offs for being really powerful, you can't move worth a shit, and your PP recharges a bit slower.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 20, 2012, 04:35 PM
Did I forget to mention at level 18 I weakbulleted one of the desert bosses FACE (not his other weak point JUST FACE) and hit 2000 dmg?

I did that normally at your lvl with traps from all 3 bursts, your point? Someone weak bullet an Ant Lion for me and i did 2.5 k a burst for a full total of 7.5k a trap.

So once again your point?

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 04:38 PM
I did that normally at your lvl with traps from all 3 bursts, your point? Someone weak bullet an Ant Lion for me and i did 2.5 k a burst for a full total of 7.5k a trap.

So once again your point?

Trap's are OBVIOUSLY OP, this is about launchers, kid. Have fun wasting meseta

jooozek
Jul 20, 2012, 04:46 PM
Rifles need to have sneak shot nerfed a bit and the normal attacks damage buffed up a little. They're such joke weapons in their current form.

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 04:50 PM
Rifles need to have sneak shot nerfed a bit and the normal attacks damage buffed up a little. They're such joke weapons in their current form.

Head shot for more than triple damage, it's a weak point.

彩音~
Jul 20, 2012, 04:52 PM

I'm not sure who's the kid here. The person that tried to take credit for the first NPC hacking (lol seriously who does that? I suppose 12 year olds would want the attention), spams "CAST SUPREMACY" in the lobby for 30 minutes outside of the quaratine zone (block 20 fyi), and impudently declaring JP pso2 as an American game, or the other person falling for your babby's first troll attempt. I thought there was a disclaimer in the registration of the forums that you had to be over 13 years old to register?

p.s. impudently means shamelessly

[SPOILER-BOX]http://s14.postimage.org/qmlsl3wmn/12345.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

jooozek
Jul 20, 2012, 04:57 PM
Head shot for more than triple damage, it's a weak point.

Normal attack = non-PA attack
I've got the best 9* rifle +9ed and it does still shitty damage (just attacks to weak spots do 160-170 damage) and good luck leading the shots all the time plus if you don't want to have messed up accuracy you have to stand still or shots spread even wider. Sure, rifles are ridiculous for bosses but that's it for me. Normal monsters, some stuff in mines doesn't even have weak spots (the repairing robots and the flying small bots). I imagine that it will become more common.

GrieverXVII
Jul 20, 2012, 04:58 PM
I was wondering this as well. Currently level 32 but i almost feel as a ranger that theres way more damage output than a rifle to even compensate for their differences in usage. Yes rifle has more mobility and can be combined with weak shot too create some deadly damage...but no matter launchers slowness, i feel the damage gap is way too large to compare to the rifle. And to top it all off...this is a ranged weapon. My two cents.

KEV1N
The best weapon in the game is the one you enjoy using the most.

Lumpen Thingy
Normal attack = non-PA attack
I've got the best 9* rifle +9ed and it does still shitty damage (just attacks to weak spots do 160-170 damage) and good luck leading the shots all the time plus if you don't want to have messed up accuracy you have to stand still or shots spread even wider. Sure, rifles are ridiculous for bosses but that's it for me. Normal monsters, some stuff in mines doesn't even have weak spots (the repairing robots and the flying small bots). I imagine that it will become more common.
I would rest your skill tree if you're hitting that low

Aewyn
Jul 20, 2012, 05:00 PM
One thing to note about this video that I just realized, and I'm a gunner-- never tried this before but it makes sense... if you don't use your regular attack with Weakening Bullet activated, then you don't waste your shots because photon arts don't use them. So if you use Weakening Bullet, then only fire PAs while the weak spot is tagged, then when it goes down, you can simply fire another weakening bullet to tag it again, then go back to using PAs. That's exactly what this gunner is doing and that is pure genius, I can't believe I never thought of this. It'll improve my damage output immensely.

Thanks for posting that video!

jooozek
Jul 20, 2012, 05:00 PM
I would rest your skill tree if you're hitting that low
I've got both weak hit advance maxed. Putting points in flat R-ATK/R-DEF bonus? Not on my char.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 20, 2012, 05:07 PM

2k meseta is no big deal at all.It is nothing. It might as well be buying ramen.

Btw i am most likely much older than you.Just a FYI.

As for that damage, it can be topped pretty easily with a AR.In the time it takes you to set up that shot and all, i would have already done 3 shotgun blasts or 3 prone shots, and passed you up in damage.

Maybe not that much but you get the point.Besides thanks to how slow launchers are they are terrible for boss fights which kind of voids your whole arguement anyhow.

Sirius-91
Jul 20, 2012, 05:11 PM
You could do way better damage with rifle than a launcher can possibly do. But as it has been said earlier, it's all about preference and play style.

Had people in my team who wanted to go launcher only, while others would like to main rifle with the optional launcher. Depending on what you set your skill tree, you can do so much with any of the 2 damage, there really isn't a right or wrong way to do it (unless you were stupid and leftout weakbullet).

Daiyousei
Jul 20, 2012, 05:13 PM
I used to favour AR over launcher, but after a little playing around with the launcher PAs, I use them both equally now.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 20, 2012, 05:21 PM
Did he just get banned? Or moderated?

Oh well.I am still gonna stick with ARs anyway XD

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 20, 2012, 05:23 PM
Did he just get banned? Or moderated?

Oh well.I am still gonna stick with ARs anyway XD
same here :D

Lostbob117
Jul 20, 2012, 05:30 PM

My wired lances at lvl16 did 800dmg with no wired lance gear.

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
OH CRAP! I forgot to upgrade to a newer assault rifle. I take it back, Assault Rifle>Launcher, not to mention the best Assault Rifle has a higher attack stat thing than a Launcher anyway

Xaeris
Jul 20, 2012, 05:41 PM
One thing to note about this video that I just realized, and I'm a gunner-- never tried this before but it makes sense... if you don't use your regular attack with Weakening Bullet activated, then you don't waste your shots because photon arts don't use them. So if you use Weakening Bullet, then only fire PAs while the weak spot is tagged, then when it goes down, you can simply fire another weakening bullet to tag it again, then go back to using PAs. That's exactly what this gunner is doing and that is pure genius, I can't believe I never thought of this. It'll improve my damage output immensely.

Thanks for posting that video!

It'll improve your output for sure, but don't underestimate how crappy your PP regen is without normal attacks. I use the same strategy when I'm in a decently sized group and as nice as it is to make maximum use of all of my weak shot bullets, it does get aggravating have to sit there doing nothing for several seconds waiting to get 28 PP. It's especially aggravating when I miss.

Aewyn
Jul 20, 2012, 05:43 PM
Honestly, I just tried this tactic on a 2x Gilnas spawn and I beat both of them solo in less than 60 seconds, where it used to take me about two minutes.

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 05:51 PM
Honestly, I just tried this tactic on a 2x Gilnas spawn and I beat both of them solo in less than 60 seconds, where it used to take me about two minutes.

What tactic? It should've been common sense to use PA's until your weak bullet ran out.

Aewyn
Jul 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
I had no idea that it worked that way, so I never tested it and people didn't really ever talk about that aspect of rifles. Didn't occur to me. Now that I know, I tried again and was able to shave the time down to about 45 seconds or so because I wasn't in testing. Can't believe I didn't realize this before, no wonder I was so slow in killing things. I just stopped firing and let my team do the work while I tagged enemies because I was worried about wasting my shots.

pikachief
Jul 20, 2012, 06:11 PM
yea I just realized this a few days ago myself. Sometimes I'm impatient though and when my PP runs dry I just shoot the other 2 weak bullet shots off and switch to my launcher or start using regular attacks on my rifle (depends on the boss)

DonMakaveli
Jul 20, 2012, 07:22 PM
launchers do not > ar

as a lvl 21 ranger with both launcher and ar +10 i only notice a huge dmg difference when using the divine p.a. on the launcher.

as for weakning bullet for what i've notice when planted on an already weak spot, i have enough pp to use the divine p.a. twice for around 4.5k damage, while i can use snipe p.a. on the rifle three times for around 6k damage.

Plus, the speed of the rifle makes it much more accurate if u r manually aiming at weak spots, especially bosses can move quite often between rocket shots.

Launcher is rangers crowd control weapon imo and nothing else, a rifle with rapid fire, shotgun p.a. and snipe p.a. is overall more useful and the dmg (except divine p.a.) will be pretty much equivalent.

Last but not least, using grenade p.a. on a rifle and u can control mobs, so a rifle can make a launcher's function, a launcher cannot make a rifle worthless imo

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 20, 2012, 07:33 PM
OH CRAP! I forgot to upgrade to a newer assault rifle. I take it back, Assault Rifle>Launcher, not to mention the best Assault Rifle has a higher attack stat thing than a Launcher anyway

LOL srs?

Coatl
Jul 20, 2012, 07:45 PM

The launcher will still out-damage the Rifle.
Even if the AR has a larger base R-Atk.

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 08:00 PM
The launcher will still out-damage the Rifle.
Even if the AR has a larger base R-Atk.

DPS>Damage Output

pikachief
Jul 20, 2012, 08:06 PM
hey speaking of Assault Rifles, what PAs are exceptionally good for it?

I have the automatic shot one and the sneak shot one for hitting weak points (automatic for the fact that I'm terrible at aiming with sneak shot) and I have the shotgun PA for fun :P Is there any other good PAs? Don't really care for the grenade for I prefer launchers for that, and I'd also rather use a launcher for multiple enemies than the piercing shot.

Coatl
Jul 20, 2012, 08:14 PM
DPS>Damage Output

The Launcher has a significantly higher DPS than the AR.
With AR, you sacrifice DPS for mobility and accuracey, which in some situations is the best way to proceed.

Neither weapon outclasses the other completely.

hey speaking of Assault Rifles, what PAs are exceptionally good for it?

I have the automatic shot one and the sneak shot one for hitting weak points (automatic for the fact that I'm terrible at aiming with sneak shot) and I have the shotgun PA for fun :P Is there any other good PAs? Don't really care for the grenade for I prefer launchers for that, and I'd also rather use a launcher for multiple enemies than the piercing shot.

That PA where the AR lets it rip out a fury of bullets is pretty good. At close ranges, the damage is pretty large considering you are both mobile and allowed to a few bullets.

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2012, 08:24 PM
*shrugs* Launcher has power going for it, that's about it. I prefer my AR, personally. Better mobility, more versatile PAs. Damage is nice, but when I could have put twenty odd shots on a boss instead of chasing after it because it ran away, or dodged an attack that I couldn't because of the lock the Launcher uses, the other weapon isn't very bad.

Each weapon has scenarios that it's more useful in.

This

/Troll thread

velociti
Jul 20, 2012, 08:33 PM
The Launcher has a significantly higher DPS than the AR.
With AR, you sacrifice DPS for mobility and accuracey, which in some situations is the best way to proceed.

Neither weapon outclasses the other completely..

Right, but if you factor weak point, headshots, and weakpoint bullets, the assault rifle "outclasses the other completely" in dps, and max damage (9999 dmg cap), so your argument is pointless, oh btw watch that video on page 2 or 1.

xBladeM6x
Jul 20, 2012, 08:40 PM

I second this broken bullshit.

Coatl
Jul 20, 2012, 09:07 PM
Right, but if you factor weak point

Any weapon can take advantage of weak point, including launcher.

headshots

Any weapon can perform headshots.

weakpoint bullets
Again, any weapon can take advantage of a weak bullet effect.

Vashyron
Jul 20, 2012, 09:21 PM
Except with the Rifle you can keep Weak Bullet reserves and just keep using PAs, switch to launcher and that's gone.

You can also reliably hit weakpoints and such with Rifle at longer ranges as it has a couple of Hitscan PAs.

Cyclon
Jul 20, 2012, 09:53 PM

?PSO2?????Ra?????Part2??????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUaPy56J3D8&feature=player_embedded)Of course his damage's high, but that's not because assault rifles are good, that's because weak shot is ridiculously strong, and he put every thing he could in his skill tree to amplify that. He would deal absolutely ridiculous damage with a launcher as well. Hell, even a hunter could deal that kind of damage in that situation.
But yeah, entirely A.R. driven skill trees are pretty much the best way to go. Against bosses.
Edit:Oh wait, I forgot about traps. Nevermind.

Except with the Rifle you can keep Weak Bullet reserves and just keep using PAs, switch to launcher and that's gone.

You can also reliably hit weakpoints and such with Rifle at longer ranges as it has a couple of Hitscan PAs.
It's not like you're given weak bullet reserves with a single point in it; specializing further is bound to give you advantages. But that very single point about every ranger has in his build won't be of any more benefit for A.R. users than for the others.

Any weapon can perform headshots.
I've been wondering for a while, are hunters really able to do that and I've been doing something wrong all this time? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

Vashyron
Jul 20, 2012, 10:14 PM
You said it yourself, Weak Bullet is ridiculously strong. I find that a Plus for the Rifle v Launcher debate.

Additionally the only thing I find even remotely a threat in this game are mini/bosses and some of the more beefy "normal" enemies such as Gilnas, while the regular trash enemies die fast enough with either Rifle or Launcher.

Seems much more worthwhile gearing up for Bosses with Lv 10 Weakbullet. If you are the sole Ranger in your party you can keep a Boss under it's effects for roughly 60 Secs with 30 sec intervals, that will help out indisputably over anything you could ever do with a launcher.

Also yes you can do "headshots" with Hunters as even on the Small enemies it's just basically like any other weak point.

yoshiblue
Jul 20, 2012, 10:40 PM
Go from the worse in PSZ to the best in PSO2. We should have seen this coming.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 11:08 PM
Of course his damage's high, but that's not because assault rifles are good, that's because weak shot is ridiculously strong, and he put every thing he could in his skill tree to amplify that. He would deal absolutely ridiculous damage with a launcher as well. Hell, even a hunter could deal that kind of damage in that situation.
But yeah, entirely A.R. driven skill trees are pretty much the best way to go. Against bosses.
Edit:Oh wait, I forgot about traps. Nevermind.

It's not like you're given weak bullet reserves with a single point in it; specializing further is bound to give you advantages. But that very single point about every ranger has in his build won't be of any more benefit for A.R. users than for the others.

I've been wondering for a while, are hunters really able to do that and I've been doing something wrong all this time? Somehow I find that hard to believe.

Enemies in this game are made up of a collection of hitboxes. The head's hitbox merely takes extra damage, and rangers can target it with ease. Try hitting a rockbear in the face with your sword, then the foot. You should notice a fairly different average of damage on each point.

Leman
Jul 20, 2012, 11:09 PM
AR is so funny to play, as long as I aiming one enemy it's not that bad compared to Launcher but when it comes to kill group of mobs... well the only fast way is to use Launcher. AR's the only aoe PA has similar dmg to normal Launcher attack... not to mention that Launcher's PAs are much stronger than any AR's . AR is good only for bosses and bigger enemies.
SEGA should buff AR a bit because it's really demotivating whe I see a force spamming for 1k with aoe when I do about 300 aoe dmg with AR-.- .

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 11:10 PM
Oooor you could use different weapons for different situations.

If this game ever has a class with one single weapon that's the best at everything, I can tell you one class I won't be playing (the one that's basically restricted to a single weapon in order to perform its best).

Ryock
Jul 20, 2012, 11:15 PM
AR is so funny to play, as long as I aiming one enemy it's not that bad compared to Launcher but when it comes to kill group of mobs... well the only fast way is to use Launcher. AR's the only aoe PA has similar dmg to normal Launcher attack... not to mention that Launcher's PAs are much stronger than any AR's . AR is good only for bosses and bigger enemies.
SEGA should buff AR a bit because it's really demotivating whe I see a force spamming for 1k with aoe when I do about 300 aoe dmg with AR-.- .

I can't speak for other forces, but I get preeeeetty darn jealous seeing rangers getting such easy free damage with an AR on bosses. Besides, just switch to the launcher whenever you come across mobs. Sticking to only a single weapon sounds pretty counter-productive in my opinion =x

Coatl
Jul 20, 2012, 11:17 PM

To be honest, it depends how big the enemy's hit-box is..
I know forces and rangers have an easy time hitting those hit-boxes. Never played hunter so I wouldn't be so sure of how easy they can hit the weakspots.

Geistritter
Jul 20, 2012, 11:48 PM
Launchers don't replace rifles anymore than rifles do launchers; they both have their uses, and not just for Weak Shot. And Thrillsplosion is better than either of them in certain circumstances, so there's that, too.

Launcher's the most overall useful weapon, though, but that's only because the majority of your time is spent dealing with trash enemies.

Alenoir
Jul 21, 2012, 01:25 AM
Some retards tried telling me a Assault Rifle does more DPS and can do 5-6k dmg with weakening bullet. I told them switch weapons, and then did a trollface symbol art.
I can hit 3k damage on an assault rifle with Weak Bullet. It can happen.

But yeah, doing boss with a launcher is relatively stupid if you ask me.

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2012, 03:03 AM
Enemies in this game are made up of a collection of hitboxes. The head's hitbox merely takes extra damage, and rangers can target it with ease. Try hitting a rockbear in the face with your sword, then the foot. You should notice a fairly different average of damage on each point.
Yeah, bosses with heads as their weak spots are obvious, but I've been hitting normal ennemies for... well forty levels I guess. And I never noticed huge damage spikes when hitting heads like I could with rangers.
Really, even without aiming for the head, I've killed so many ennemies... how could I miss that?
I'll be paying more attention to this, thanks for the tip.

>Vashyron
Well, it really depends on the way you look at thing. Yes, bosses/sub bosses are the main challenge of this game, but exp, gear and money mainly come from codes and cross bursts attempts. And launcher is the absolute best when it comes to farming areas in attemps to get those.

HadesXI
Jul 21, 2012, 03:45 AM

How does this even work? I have to normal attack to apply the weakening bullet then I get the long ass cooldown.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 03:50 AM
ok SO the argument with switch to launcher from rifle needs to stop lol, so what you get like 3-4 shots in because you only use 1 weak bullet? when you switch weapons weak bullet stacks come off, so yes you do much much more dps with rifles due to the multiple use of weak bullet, end of discussion. I'm tired of seeing people use launchers on bosses, it is so ineffective, stop being greedy for 1 shot of higher damage and actually help your party kill the boss even quicker by making use of 4 weak bullets (also for those who don't go full weak bullet the last bullet lasts longer and takes more damage to make it go away), trust me they will love you much more. /thread.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 21, 2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah, bosses with heads as their weak spots are obvious, but I've been hitting normal ennemies for... well forty levels I guess. And I never noticed huge damage spikes when hitting heads like I could with rangers.
Really, even without aiming for the head, I've killed so many ennemies... how could I miss that?
I'll be paying more attention to this, thanks for the tip.

The problem here is that hunters don't even do 50% more damage to heads, while rangers can easily do over 200% more damage

lagnarok
Jul 21, 2012, 12:04 PM
ok SO the argument with switch to launcher from rifle needs to stop lol, so what you get like 3-4 shots in because you only use 1 weak bullet? when you switch weapons weak bullet stacks come off, so yes you do much much more dps with rifles due to the multiple use of weak bullet, end of discussion. I'm tired of seeing people use launchers on bosses, it is so ineffective, stop being greedy for 1 shot of higher damage and actually help your party kill the boss even quicker by making use of 4 weak bullets (also for those who don't go full weak bullet the last bullet lasts longer and takes more damage to make it go away), trust me they will love you much more. /thread.

Agreed, unless the launcher people think they can out DPS 45 more seconds of triple DPS by other 3 party members in the first 15 seconds.
Even solo wise, I doubt people can outdps yourself with 14 seconds launcher dps of weak bullets than 1 minute of weak bullets with rifle.

IHeartRice
Jul 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
I use both AR and launcher depending on the situation. For those saying to not to use launchers at all on bosses, that's not actually true. In some instances, launcher may still be good to have out. Such as when a weak bullet might still be on Ragne's weakspot and he's walking around, you can use a launcher to shoot his back and hit his weakspot from splash damage easily getting in an extra one or two extra 8k damage shots.

Overall, as a Ranger I love and use both weapons. Also, even though it shows 9999 on the screen, the damage is still over in case anyone was wondering.

[spoiler-box]http://i46.tinypic.com/1zl4tmx.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Zarod89
Jul 21, 2012, 01:21 PM
That video is 1 perfect situation for AR's.
In 99 other situations launchers rule.

That boss just stands there taking all the hits.
And the player just stands there charging his pp.
He could have done a lot of damage with a launcher in the meantime.

And there aren't many other bosses with a weak spot like that besides Ragne's back.
And he doesn't stand super still like Banshee does after a jump.

Launchers win at farming.
AR wins at Banshee..

I still have 10/10 weak bullet and do use AR the full 4 bullet duration. It's nice.