PDA

View Full Version : saving and a few other random questions

ohka
Jul 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
does one need to save by logging out by using the door menu? when maintenance went off last night i dont know if anything was saved? also when you kill something what is the blue to red lights that come over you? something like psn or something shows on my screen idk what these are. help would be greatful

Blackheart521
Jul 20, 2012, 06:39 PM
Sorry bro, that's why it asks you to log out before maintenance. Yes, you need to log out with the door to save. Also, those blue lights make you weaker because you're killing WAY to fast, it's for balancing.

You have GOT to be kidding me, you're lying straight to him Yexes, no you don't need to exit the game to save, everything is saved as soon as you do it... and the Blue/Yellow/Red lights that come out of enemies when you kill them are for PSE levels, they give you little bonuses while you play.

Metalsnake27
Jul 20, 2012, 06:43 PM
The lights that come off enemies are PSE, when they get to level 8, a PSE burst occurs and mob spawn constantly and drop lots of items.

It doesn't make you weaker? The hell?

pikachief
Jul 20, 2012, 06:44 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me, you're lying straight to him Yexes, no you don't need to exit the game to save, everything is saved as soon as you do it... and the Blue/Yellow/Red lights that come out of enemies when you kill them are for PSE levels, they give you little bonuses while you play.

Yes listen to Blackheart and not Yexes!

images like the circles and bars that appear on your screen from time to time also represent the type of PSE boost that is in the area.

ohka
Jul 20, 2012, 06:47 PM
well i had a char that didnt save when i turned my pc off? so what does that mean?

Blackheart521
Jul 20, 2012, 06:50 PM
well i had a char that didnt save when i turned my pc off? so what does that mean?

Once again ignore Yexes, everything should be fine for your character, it is an online game so everything you do is set in stone as soon as you do it. ^^

ohka
Jul 20, 2012, 07:01 PM
thats what i was thinking but my char didnt save on my first day so im abit worried.

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 07:05 PM
thats what i was thinking but my char didnt save on my first day so im abit worried.

Yeah, you must've lost your progress.

Yexes
Jul 20, 2012, 07:09 PM
What happened to the other posts? HEROBRINE?

Blackheart521
Jul 20, 2012, 07:14 PM

Did you choose the same ship both times you logged in? that's really the only way I could see someone thinking they lost progress. but even then you wouldn't be able to make another character without paying. hmmm Idk

ohka
Jul 20, 2012, 07:45 PM
Did you choose the same ship both times you logged in? that's really the only way I could see someone thinking they lost progress. but even then you wouldn't be able to make another character without paying. hmmm Idk

changing ships does that? i might have picked a different one

Blackheart521
Jul 20, 2012, 07:55 PM
changing ships does that? i might have picked a different one

your character is only stored on one ship so if you log onto another ship then you won't see your character on the list, even so you won't be able to make another character on a different ship without paying money. have you played that same character since you "lost progress"?

BTW you can change blocks whenever but ships are the only things that are set in stone for a character. ^^;

ohka
Jul 21, 2012, 05:47 AM
your character is only stored on one ship so if you log onto another ship then you won't see your character on the list, even so you won't be able to make another character on a different ship without paying money. have you played that same character since you "lost progress"?

BTW you can change blocks whenever but ships are the only things that are set in stone for a character. ^^;

i just made a new char with a different log in. so what do ships do?

Ana-Chan
Jul 21, 2012, 06:03 AM
i just made a new char with a different log in. so what do ships do?

They are the servers you play on. If you create a character on ship 2, then you are stuck on ship 2. If you ever want to resume, you can't just select ship 7 since your character data isn't stored there. You will always have to choose ship 2.

ohka
Jul 21, 2012, 06:07 AM
They are the servers you play on. If you create a character on ship 2, then you are stuck on ship 2. If you ever want to resume, you can't just select ship 7 since your character data isn't stored there. You will always have to choose ship 2.

yes but does being on a ship do something? like can i play with ship 7 people if im in 2?

Ana-Chan
Jul 21, 2012, 06:09 AM
The ships are completely segregated. You can't play with people on different ships. There is no means of transfering or communication between ships at the moment.

ohka
Jul 21, 2012, 06:10 AM
The ships are completely segregated. You can't play with people on different ships. There is no means of transfering or communication between ships at the moment.

odd wonder why? seems not userfriendly....

Ana-Chan
Jul 21, 2012, 06:13 AM
Yet that is the model quite a few MMORPGs take. If you go around free to play games, you come across this a lot.

ohka
Jul 21, 2012, 06:17 AM
Yet that is the model quite a few MMORPGs take. If you go around free to play games, you come across this a lot.

well i play psu on xbox and i pay for it. im on this for free just because i want a small taste before the us version comes out way later then ill pay for it. i dont want to pay if i cant read you know. i like phantasy stars games more than other mmos so im just going to be loyal and just play ps's