PDA

View Full Version : Whoever Designed the third Desert Mission was a sadist...

Tooks
Jul 20, 2012, 09:07 PM
So i've been stuck on this mission for ages. I've literally scraped every inch of this stupid desert trying to get the mining event to pop, but nothing. I've had so many monsters from themselves at me I cant even count, even had two of these guys join in;
[spoiler-box]
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/Tookseh/pso20120721_020031_000.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

I've activated every event etc. I'm literally at my wits end x-x

ah well, sleep time and hopefully, hopefully, tomorrow i'll get this mission done... unless some nice person tells me how to do it :)

Kirukia
Jul 20, 2012, 09:08 PM
The other day we couldn't get them to pop up until we killed the boss spawn. They came up right after that ended.

Tooks
Jul 20, 2012, 09:11 PM
The other day we couldn't get them to pop up until we killed the boss spawn. They came up right after that ended.

I killed one of them, the other killed me and i figured i'd skip it. Maybe thats what I did wrong.

Sirius-91
Jul 20, 2012, 09:13 PM
So i've been stuck on this mission for ages. I've literally scraped every inch of this stupid desert trying to get the mining event to pop, but nothing. I've had so many monsters from themselves at me I cant even count, even had two of these guys join in;
[spoiler-box]
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/Tookseh/pso20120721_020031_000.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

I've activated every event etc. I'm literally at my wits end x-x

ah well, sleep time and hopefully, hopefully, tomorrow i'll get this mission done... unless some nice person tells me how to do it :)

Better results with actual human party members, not with bots. About most of the runs were we had 2+ people in party running that mission, the drills appear almost instantly, if not just 5-10 seconds later.

Metalsnake27
Jul 20, 2012, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I hate the codes there, I had to circle the whole map THREE times for it to appear.

Of course when trying to do a time trial of this...

The 500 time I try it, I actually get the mine on sector 2.... lucky break.

Harou01
Jul 20, 2012, 10:10 PM
higher chance in the 3rd map, at least it was for me.

gaogaostegosaurus
Jul 20, 2012, 10:33 PM
I've never gotten them anywhere but the third map, but they don't pop until you run past whatever weird trigger point they are at. I've had it activate without killing anything, so it's just simply that finding the invisible trigger is kind of hard sometimes. You also have to run reeeally close to wherever it is, so even if you "explored" everything you still need to actually cover all the spots with feet.

Aki03
Jul 21, 2012, 01:56 AM
I m ok with the desert missions, way better than caves.
Sorry, but I just want hunt some dragons and got interrupted by Events and captured by those fucking doors!

Best situation ever: Elimination and the last 2 enemies are on the other side of those doors : /

SolRiver
Jul 21, 2012, 02:43 AM
Sadistic?
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2271&pictureid=29733[/spoiler-box]

on topic: I didn't have much trouble with this mission aside the first time... which I didn't know what to do about the device ^^;