PDA

View Full Version : So the better hunter is...

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
Male Human hunter with no skill tree stats at lvl40
HP: 455
PP: 100
S-ATK: 374
R-ATK: 333
T-ATK: 288
S-DEF: 378
R-DEF: 288
T-DEF: 288
ABIL: 269

Female Human Hunter with no skill tree at lvl40
HP: 451
S-ATK: 360
R-ATK: 333
T-ATK: 299
S-DEF: 360
T-DEF: 302
ABL: 272

Male Newman hunter with no skill tree at lvl40
HP: 412
R-ATK: 330
T-ATK: 311
R-DEF: 302
T-DEF: 288
ABL: 267

Female Newman Hunter with no skill tree at lvl40
HP: 407
R-ATK: 330
T-ATK: 316
T-DEF: 302
ABL: 267

Male Cast hunter with no skill tree at lvl 40
HP: 464
S-ATK: 378
R-ATK: 336
T-ATK: 276
S-DEF: 378
T-DEF: 273
ABIL: 274

Female Cast Hunter with no skill tree at lvl40
HP: 460
S-ATK: 374
R-ATK: 340
T-ATK: 276
R-DEF: 302
T-DEF: 273
ABL: 274

Cast wins by a little bit.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 07:40 AM
Okay, thanks for clearing that up!

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2012, 07:41 AM
I'll do this with forces and rangers later on when I get time.

Brindizer
Jul 21, 2012, 07:42 AM
Unless you're Human Female. Then the human male and CASTs win by a lot.

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
Oh yeah this is for males only the stats forgot to add females damn.

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2012, 07:51 AM
There added females.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 07:56 AM
The skill of the player is vastly more important than stats and numbers.

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
The skill of the player is vastly more important that stats and numbers.

Yes but still if you are skilled and want to do a little more damage I suggest cast male or human male.

Phantasma
Jul 21, 2012, 08:36 AM
....But newman females are soooo appealing to the eyes and hunters are soooo fun qq

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2012, 08:37 AM
*Ahem*

18-point difference at level 40? The level where your weapons give over 300, your accessories at least 30 apiece, and your skills at least 50 S-Atk?

That's not just a negligible difference... that is, for all practical purposes, a non-existent difference.

I can kind of understand the complaints about racial differentiation being so tiny, but I'm glad I'm not gimped as a pure newman hunter now. Or that they're not being as sexist, for that matter.

scrangos
Jul 21, 2012, 08:40 AM
Isnt this info here http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%A8%AE%E6%97%8F%E6%AF%94%E8%BC%83 ?

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 21, 2012, 08:54 AM
so in other words... like it has said before, races does not matter for class, got it.

Piddle
Jul 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
Isnt this info here http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%A8%AE%E6%97%8F%E6%AF%94%E8%BC%83 ?
That, and this with modifiers http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/index.php?%A5%B9%A5%C6%A1%BC%A5%BF%A5%B9#b7c04b14

Actually I got the info somewhere else.
The 'datamined' dropbox link I'm guessing, either way it doesn't matter, spread the wealth.

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2012, 09:54 AM
Actually I got the info somewhere else.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 21, 2012, 11:02 AM
18 extra points can make it a lot easier to equip rare weapons. Don't forget this

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2012, 11:20 AM
Sure, but it's a pretty far cry from the 50-point difference between Fonewearl and Focast (ouch!). At level 40 those 18 points pretty much make no difference equip-wise between mags and the skill trees.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 21, 2012, 11:22 AM
Sure, but it's a pretty far cry from the 50-point difference between Fonewearl and Focast (ouch!). At level 40 those 18 points pretty much make no difference equip-wise between mags and the skill trees.

It's like having S-Atk Up 2 to 5/10 with no investment
That's pretty useful

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2012, 07:51 PM
Don't forget HP. 57 HP can make a big difference in many situations. Plus, HP drinks and healing items take a percentage of it, so it's an even bigger bonus.

Apart from that, yeah the differences aren't huge. I still would have liked it better if ability was higher for the weakest race/combo, or at least the same for everyone...

IzzyData
Jul 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
So what exactly do newmans and humans have that cast doesn't? Otherwise I don't see the point of being a non-cast if they are the highest in all stat categories.

Something like pp regen maybe?

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2012, 08:48 PM
So what exactly do newmans and humans have that cast doesn't? Otherwise I don't see the point of being a non-cast if they are the highest in all stat categories.

Something like pp regen maybe?

They have better T-ATK.

Which is, you know, important for playing force.

sugarFO
Jul 21, 2012, 09:06 PM
WHY DID I PICK HUMAN IM USELESS!!@!! :-o

Xaeris
Jul 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
WHY DID I PICK HUMAN IM USELESS!!@!! :-o

I keep giving you hints: http://www.amazon.com/Franco-American-Novelty-Company-Ears/dp/B0042ZYOTM

psu000
Jul 21, 2012, 09:14 PM
They have better T-ATK.

This is true at later stage when the gap between newman and cast increase. But right now, it's only 50pts difference and remember all shields and weapon can add stats.

So for now the advantage of newman with more T-ATK is only benefiting in equiping a weapon.

Xaeris
Jul 21, 2012, 09:16 PM
On a more serious note, humans in online games usually have the "advantage" of being jacks of all trades. Normally, that's pretty useless, but in a game where you have to pay six bucks to make a new character, it's not half bad being able to have good, if not the best stats, in every class without having to pay for a new slot.

Then again, the stat differences are pretty negligible this time around to begin with anyway, so, meh...

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 09:18 PM
I picked a Human because I wanted to be a Human. 3 stat point difference? Yeah that's going to make a monumental difference.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 21, 2012, 09:20 PM
The better Hunter is that one doesn't care about min/maxing and is there to have fun and be a team player. Like I had this Hunter today use wired claws today. Odd, because I usually see the usual Partizan/G.Sword baby hunters who go in to kill everything and completely forget about their party. Well, we had a Code Avoid clip the wall by us and run in and slap me into single digit HP. Hunter yanked a mob about to hit me, and spun it to death. We managed to survive the Avoid Monster and complete it after that.

Seriously. The only Hunters I see are the ones who treat it like they are solo when in a party.

Reyva
Jul 21, 2012, 09:27 PM
Eh, still don't matter. Cast best Hunter while newman is the best force and human is just meh (Eh humans were always the boring race for me seeing as every other game has humans....tired of that). Could care less if its just by 0.5 points. Its like saying the second place guy who was behind the first place guy by 0.1 seconds is the best. Nope. First place guy is the best.

Since I focus as both a hunter tank and dps (eh extra skill tree), the HP, DEF, and so on mean a lot and I'm glad I'm not newman.

However, unlike the previous games, its not a huge difference like it used to be........for now. Until then, Cast supremacy unless "two magical races come out in the future to take over!"

SolRiver
Jul 21, 2012, 09:48 PM
From what I see, in actual efficiency when equal gear, there won't be any noticeable differences. If the mobs take 20 hits to die from newman female, it would still die by about 20 hits from cast male.

HOWEVER!

Reaching the stat requirement for the best gear is totally different. In my opinion, this is where that little bit more of base stats from a certain race help a lot. This means you need to devote less of certain point from mag and/or less from skill tree stat boost in order to equip the best gear. Especially the skill tree part. So to come up with who is better etc... we going to need to refer to the equipment list along with the base stat list, and plan out a skill tree distribution.

But in the end... it probably won't be too different. The race with disadvantageous stats just need to number crunch a little more that's all.

I am liking the design quite a lot. It give customize a new meaning (or rather, truly customizable, and without breaking the game). Kind of pokemon-ish. Only thing is... if I want to switch class (and be good), I really need to pay for that extra mag; because the mag would need to be fit like a glove to equip both the best weapon and units.

IzzyData
Jul 21, 2012, 10:14 PM
They have better T-ATK.

I know but, in pso ep 1-2 there were other random properties of the races like hp regen or ability to use techs as a hunter. There has got to be more than t-atk as a benefit to being a newman or human.

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2012, 10:47 PM
I know but, in pso ep 1-2 there were other random properties of the races like hp regen or ability to use techs as a hunter. There has got to be more than t-atk as a benefit to being a newman or human.

No, there's not. Casts have better stats for direct physical combat, and the other classes have better stats (okay, one stat) for techs.

Humans are the go-between. They're not the best or worst at anything.

Besides, everyone has PP regen. Noone has HP regen. Traps and techs are class-specific. Race is now just about stats, unfortunately.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 21, 2012, 10:51 PM
The better Hunter is that one doesn't care about min/maxing and is there to have fun and be a team player. Like I had this Hunter today use wired claws today. Odd, because I usually see the usual Partizan/G.Sword baby hunters who go in to kill everything and completely forget about their party. Well, we had a Code Avoid clip the wall by us and run in and slap me into single digit HP. Hunter yanked a mob about to hit me, and spun it to death. We managed to survive the Avoid Monster and complete it after that.

Seriously. The only Hunters I see are the ones who treat it like they are solo when in a party. That's why I love Wired Lances. Even if they don't hurt as much as Partisans, they can be useful for party tactics such as pulling a group of monsters together with that tornado PA so your friends can unleash hell on them or chain-grabbing an obnoxious flying enemy (like those god-forsaken El Ardas) to keep them from screwing with the party... or grabbing and knocking them down so the rest of the party can bombard them.

I'm a proud HUnewm who thinks giving male Newmen and the Newman race in general some love (seriously, why does nobody like male Newmen?) and making the character I want to make is more important than min-maxing. Dissenters will proceed and/or continue to dissent.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 11:17 PM
Soo how is using wired lances better than doing higher points of damage with wider range of aoe ? Besides you're taking away damage from other players making it so less damage is done over all to the creature...I was actually going to post about how ineffective using wired lances are when you are not solo. Take that one enemey for example the darker (the enemy with a giant bulb shape that flies around and spawns other darkers) you've got the most amazing huntsman hunter that rolls up and grabs the enemy with that one pa spinning it around hiding its' weak spot away from the rangers/forces that can hit it for 2k while huntsman over here is doing about 500-800 damage with the spin, stick to using the wired lance when soloing mr. Huntsman you don't realizie how annoying it is when that happens I just tend to walk away and go attack something else while he struggles to defeat the enemy that could of died over 15 seconds ago had he not been using wired lances.

Tianren
Jul 21, 2012, 11:23 PM
800-900 with Heavenly Fall? You must party with some weak ass hunters then... Heck, at level 16 Hunter my Heavenly fall is doing 240~260 on the initial grab and 1.2~1.4k on the smash...

MelancholyWitch
Jul 22, 2012, 12:15 AM
notice the enemy I was talking about which has higher defense unless you're hitting the weak spot which that attack does not.

supersonix9
Jul 22, 2012, 12:18 AM
Mmm, sorry. The best Hunter is whoever has the most fun with it.

Doesn't matter anyways, there's absolutely no way to prove who has the best stats out of 10 Ships. I laugh in the face of those who make effortless claims that they are the most powerful players in existence. Great, we'll never prove that anyways.

Ragnarok_
Jul 22, 2012, 12:22 AM
inb4 CAST SUPREMACY

Or am I? I honestly didn't check.

I basically play my HUmar like I'm Tychus Findlay, biting off more than I can chew and throwing out shortcuts that make jokes about whatever I'm fighting.

I think I'm doing my job right.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 22, 2012, 12:35 AM
Umm but no one is saying it's the best hunter weapon or not, I'm clearly stating facts that it is annoying to have hunters use such PA's when it makes it more difficult to hit weak spots of enemies that could kill them quicker.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 22, 2012, 01:23 AM
Soo how is using wired lances better than doing higher points of damage with wider range of aoe ? Besides you're taking away damage from other players making it so less damage is done over all to the creature...I was actually going to post about how ineffective using wired lances are when you are not solo. Take that one enemey for example the darker (the enemy with a giant bulb shape that flies around and spawns other darkers) you've got the most amazing huntsman hunter that rolls up and grabs the enemy with that one pa spinning it around hiding its' weak spot away from the rangers/forces that can hit it for 2k while huntsman over here is doing about 500-800 damage with the spin, stick to using the wired lance when soloing mr. Huntsman you don't realizie how annoying it is when that happens I just tend to walk away and go attack something else while he struggles to defeat the enemy that could of died over 15 seconds ago had he not been using wired lances.

lol ya, i feel like whenever i abuse wired lance pa's people get annoyed. i use it just because it's so derpy.

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I stopped using wired lances completely because of how irritating they are in groups. My only wired lances left are some shitty skull dekkas or whatever they're called I don't know they look like blue trilobites.

OH AND I GUESS I'VE FOUND EIGHT OR NINE DAYLIGHT SCARS BUT YOU KNOW HOW THAT IS

supersonix9
Jul 22, 2012, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I stopped using wired lances completely because of how irritating they are in groups. My only wired lances left are some shitty skull dekkas or whatever they're called I don't know they look like blue trilobites.

OH AND I GUESS I'VE FOUND EIGHT OR NINE DAYLIGHT SCARS BUT YOU KNOW HOW THAT IS

1.21 jiggawatts

It's me.

Lostbob117
Jul 22, 2012, 06:36 AM
Wired lances are good on small enemies with using heavenly fall for a huge hit and spam that on it till it dies my heavenly falls usually dos 800dmg about at Lv17.

Anyways I did this to show a difference, I saw someone saying human was a better hunter. Though Cast just beats them by some.