PDA

View Full Version : There's got to be some trick...

Macman
Jul 21, 2012, 07:56 AM
They gotta be trolling with these client orders.
Sega can't possibly expect you to solo BOTH panthers in the tundra with just a useless NPC bot to help you out. Once the 2nd panther comes into play, I can't even get a single attack off without taking a paw to the face.

Anyone have any tricks to cheese these bosses? I've broken all the claws on the first one but that doesn't mean much once I have two on my ass and I get combo ganked... :disapprove:

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2012, 07:59 AM
People have done it with just them salves.

kudo
Jul 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
Admittedly it's easier said that done, but the main idea is to keep yourself on their sides. That might get a bit harder with the second panther but just try your best.

Also, for the attack where he will repeatedly lunge at you from a long distance, I don't know for forces and rangers, but as a hunter when he starts that I lock onto him and keep just guarding him, you could just hold it down if you're a little iffy with timing.

I took two tried to complete that order because the second panther came in too early on the first, good luck xD

Macman
Jul 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
People have done it with just them salves.

Really now? I'd like to see these heavenly blessed savants in action.

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_7sRpiI0AU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcW4IAYyAHA

Vashyron
Jul 21, 2012, 08:09 AM
... :>

Though if you are finding it too difficult let me point out that you can do this with other players + the only necessary NPC. (Having another NPC above the needed one is what fails it.)

TaigaUC
Jul 21, 2012, 08:10 AM
As Force, when you get two of them at once, keep as much distance between you and them as you can. Only attack the dying one when it's recovering from a missed attack, and make sure the other one is busy prowling or whatever.

Also, you can do those "solo" missions with as many real players as you like and it'll count. Confirmed this several times (unless they changed it last patch).

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2012, 08:11 AM

Though if you are finding it too difficult let me point out that you can do this with other players + the only necessary NPC. (Having another NPC above the needed one is what fails it.)

When you get Lv40 force are you going to make a force video?

Daiyousei
Jul 21, 2012, 08:17 AM

I can confirm this, I've had a friend help me with Vol with Lisa only and it cleared the order

skuld01
Jul 21, 2012, 08:19 AM
for the "let me coming with you in free field" client order, which you have to be certain class to complete it. (Lisa, if ranger)

You can bring 2 more in party, and if all 3 of you are ranger and accepted Lisa quest on free field tundra, you all 3 will complete it when any one of you call Nisa into the party, and S-rank

However, it does not work on client order which is not from those 3 NPC.

Vashyron
Jul 21, 2012, 08:29 AM
When you get Lv40 force are you going to make a force video?

No, doubt it. Not even playing nearly anywhere as much as I was previously to even reach Lv 40 FO any time soon.

Can find people who can do it better than me anyway thanks to better gear and/or skill. (http://youtu.be/HUaPy56J3D8)

Ezodagrom
Jul 21, 2012, 09:02 AM
for the "let me coming with you in free field" client order, which you have to be certain class to complete it. (Lisa, if ranger)

You can bring 2 more in party, and if all 3 of you are ranger and accepted Lisa quest on free field tundra, you all 3 will complete it when any one of you call Nisa into the party, and S-rank

However, it does not work on client order which is not from those 3 NPC.
Yes it works, I've done those type of client orders from Afin, Xeno or Echo with another player in the party.

ScottyMango
Jul 21, 2012, 11:54 AM
I get how people might think this is hard.. but for some people to act like it's actually impossible? o.o

No, it's just challenging. If you keep dodging and watching your back, and only attack at the most opportune moment, you can beat anything. It just takes a bit of patience.

Aeris
Jul 21, 2012, 05:47 PM

At least that saves me a lot of time trying to beat it with a hunter or force, thanks for the info.

Kanore
Jul 21, 2012, 05:50 PM
how to kill banshees:

don't play hunter

it's like sega is shitting on me for deciding not to play force this one time

Lostbob117
Jul 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
No, doubt it. Not even playing nearly anywhere as much as I was previously to even reach Lv 40 FO any time soon.

Can find people who can do it better than me anyway thanks to better gear and/or skill. (http://youtu.be/HUaPy56J3D8)

I like watching hunters play the game gives me an idea how my fighting style and how I should play could be more effective, I already started doing the dash jump thing.

pikachief
Jul 21, 2012, 06:05 PM
lol played this for the first time today.

Boss shows up "OH ITS K GUYS I GOT THIS." weak shot. Sneak Shot. 600 damage. on the face with no mask thing on it.

me -> ._.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 21, 2012, 06:11 PM
how to kill banshees:

don't play hunter

u srs bro?

watersea
Jul 21, 2012, 06:52 PM
i think your skills aren't high enough

AKA you might suck very hard

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2012, 07:17 PM
Practice makes perfect.

Oh, and the ex HP drink can help A LOT, too, especially if you intend to solo it.

Metalsnake27
Jul 21, 2012, 07:19 PM
As many said before, yes, you can take other players with you. However, that npc must be the only NPC in your party.

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but enjoy it while it lasts.

RahvinWT
Jul 21, 2012, 07:55 PM
I think the internets ate my post......

I can't wait to fight them myself. It looks like a lot of fun going by the Ranger video, that was insane. I'll be playing as a HUnter though. Lots of dodging and running around FTW.

SPOnion
Jul 21, 2012, 08:02 PM
how to kill banshees:

don't play hunter

Try it with a non-fire FO, like say, a pure ice lv 40 FO...
Without the reduced charge time it is also difficult.
I only passed it first time by stucking them between the pillar and the wall, which was fixed the second day. Now there is no pillar near the wall with a small space enough for players but not the puppies. I have to team up with another 3 fire FO to clear it in order to go to the underground. And I was using Light magics even though I put all the SPs into the ice.

I also heard that 4 Fire Fo with ignite will make the fight hilarious.

Btw, speaking of hunters
This guy is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czozdO6aIQU&feature=related

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2012, 08:39 PM
Snow Banshee, Phantasy Star Online 2. Ship 2 Block 35 Russian Community. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czozdO6aIQU&feature=related)
Hmmmm this deserves a response. Let's see.

... and that, my friends, is why there is so much time attack content in this game!

... that will do.

Seriously, though... that's a bit ridiculous. For various reasons.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 21, 2012, 10:06 PM
how to kill banshees:

don't play hunter

It's actually probably the funnest boss for hunters.

Look at Vash's video above and you'll see. (the first video)

It's so satisfying to hit those Just Guards perfectly. And when you get hit you're like AAAAARRRGH gotta get back up and hit those Just Guards perfectly more and more and more next time like an addiction ^^

Meevs
Aug 20, 2012, 07:15 PM
I can confirm this, I've had a friend help me with Vol with Lisa only and it cleared the order

Nice, here I was thinking I had to solo, the word ONLY should be emphasized, b/c its all around the web, been trying to do this ohza quest all morning, keeps giving me the emergency collect then only popping two boxes, and an emergency every 10 secs, just seems it would go faster with atleast another player, now i can invite my friend, lol i told him it was solo....sigh

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 20, 2012, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA-semME-rU

Leyline
Aug 20, 2012, 11:06 PM
hmmm I haven't played in a couple weeks because I got bored of soloing the current bosses. I hope complaining like this doesn't prevent sega from boosting the difficulty by large amounts for future difficulties, because it's very easy to solo all the bosses without getting hit on all classes. Hunter is the most fun because it's the most difficult.

I'm really sick of the multi-player 12/12 just spam attack button mentality, hoping this game adds some single player or at least single party missions that aren't available in multi-mode with some difficult bosses.

Also if you think I'm kidding and are on ship 7 I'll show you, as long as you don't post videos, I'm not fond of people stealing other peoples play styles by watching youtube videos etc...