PDA

View Full Version : Retail release; Do our characters transfer?

Mariodante
Jul 21, 2012, 09:09 AM
Hey, if the American game were to come out and I were to get it, would I have the character I'm playing right now or would I lose him? If I hit level 40, by 2013, will it be all for naught?

Metalsnake27
Jul 21, 2012, 09:12 AM
Most likely not

FenixStryk
Jul 21, 2012, 09:21 AM
Your JP character will stay on JP. If you leave the JP servers, you're leaving behind your character. End of.

Arika
Jul 21, 2012, 09:48 AM
"Retail release"!!?

well.. the current version isn't beta btw.

Marly
Jul 21, 2012, 10:01 AM
If it ain't AMERICAN it ain't retail.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 10:46 AM
oh the ignorance, we are on the retail version of JP PSO2, get it right.

jooozek
Jul 21, 2012, 10:47 AM
Retail version comes out September 13th 2012.

Tooks
Jul 21, 2012, 11:19 AM
Do people just make this stuff up or are they really this stupid?

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 11:22 AM
Pretty much it's self denial too, they think if they keep repeating it it'll becoming true request for topic deletion imo.

Mariodante
Jul 21, 2012, 02:09 PM
Aside from the ridiculous semantics I'm going to ignore;
So, nobody thinks there's a chance that when the game goes retail in America that I could transfer my character to American servers? Or something like that?

Screw it, I'm just going to email SEGA. I'll tell you guys what I hear from them on the topic.

Zari
Jul 21, 2012, 02:18 PM
So, nobody thinks there's a chance that when the game goes retail in America that I could transfer my character to American servers? Or something like that?

Screw it, I'm just going to email SEGA. I'll tell you guys what I hear from them on the topic.

You most likely wont be able to.

ashley50
Jul 21, 2012, 02:25 PM

Possibility of happening...?

0%

watashiwa
Jul 21, 2012, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure why people would even bother to ask this question.

I can't think of any online RPG game, in history, that has allowed the ability to transfer between segregated regional servers.

That's like asking if you could transfer your Korean Dungeon Fighter or Korean Ragnarok Online character to the International server.

The patch versions, most definitely, would be different between servers... Which means character class stats (maybe even max level), items equipped and obtained, etc. might not even be the same or even exist in the server you're transferring to.

Now you could say, "I don't mind, they can just wipe my items and reset my stats", but c'mon... would you TRULY want that? Even if it COULD be done, do you really think they'd bother to manually transfer everybody's character from one server to the other, as well as convert their data to the older patch level (whether manually, on a case by case basis, or automated through an extra software they'd create JUST for transferring) ?

Stop dreaming.

Transfers between the regional segregated servers aren't happening. 0% chance, as stated.

pikachief
Jul 21, 2012, 03:18 PM
The game is probably gonna start at same place PSO2 JP started at. They will NOT let you take all this new content over into that game. Unless you just want to transfer your character's looks? then just remake it.

There is 0 chance of this ever happening sorry. :/

sabitsuki
Jul 21, 2012, 03:21 PM
world of tanks let NA EU and RU server players transfer their accounts to the newest SEA server...... but that's an exception...... one can surely hope though

Akumetsu
Jul 21, 2012, 03:39 PM
oh the ignorance, we are on the retail version of JP PSO2, get it right.

Idk how it differs from the digitally available copies available now, but technically the retail version won't be available until Sept. 13...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Online_2

Halcyote
Jul 21, 2012, 03:55 PM
Idk how it differs from the digitally available copies available now, but technically the retail version won't be available until Sept. 13...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Online_2

however the op specified 2013, so... he clearly meant the english-language version.

Akumetsu
Jul 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
Oh Im sure he knows he's wrong, which is why i didnt quote him

Kanore
Jul 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
if you started playing now you'd get to 40 long before the world ends at the end of 2012