PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance: 7-12 EST

Dan Maku
Jul 21, 2012, 05:14 PM
Game will be down at 7PM EST to address the recent hackings. Will be back up at midnight. (bumped.org/psublog/pso2-special-maintenance-7222012-and-warning)

You may now moan and complain about maintenance.

oifjustus
Jul 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
It's their fault really for making everything so similar to psu lol.

pikachief
Jul 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
lol and then it'll happen again after maintenance comes up and in 1-2 days we'll have maintenance again for the same issue :)

Akumetsu
Jul 21, 2012, 05:20 PM
LOL, I just have to believe that the NA version is going to at least start off better than this, and if all of this will benefit the greater good (mostly me) in the future well then i hope they have an extra maintenance every week

jooozek
You don't say? (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2813388&postcount=3)

Zeota
Cat 'n mouse! Cat 'n mouse!

I like Swiss cheese, but not this kind.

Xaeris
Jul 21, 2012, 05:21 PM
Well, hopefully they get it right this time.

Metalsnake27
Jul 21, 2012, 05:33 PM
They kept apologizing in game today about all the maintenances, and stated they will have compensation for those who bought timed AC stuff or something like that.

WBMike
Jul 21, 2012, 05:37 PM
Time to lock down. I'm not sure when they're going to announce the compensations. He mentioned it briefly the last time.

Ueno54
Jul 21, 2012, 05:42 PM
Not as bad as it could have been. We could have gotten another 4 am or later.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 21, 2012, 05:42 PM
this is getting stupid but conversely, i'm hoping this shows them how shitty their current hack prevention is. maybe they'll actually get a better system.

jk who am i kidding. always will forever be gameguard.

if all they're doing is moving npcs, i can easily move to another block. i don't know why they have to take the servers down for FIVE hours at a time, considering how quickly npcs get moved again.

5 hours to move npcs back, make a weapon actually drop, and make it so that technics can't be used in lobby? lol ok.

btw apparently they're moving people afking in lobby and others think those people are hacking when they were actually victims. so don't AFK in lobby anymore for those of you that were too lazy to read the post.

if you wanna afk mag feed or something, make a private campship and afk there.

Firehouse1983
Jul 21, 2012, 05:54 PM
this is getting stupid

Getting stupid? Oh, no...this is already WAY beyond stupid. I'm really starting to regret spending any money on AC. And, in all honesty, quit this altogether. Well, at least until the US version comes out.

Seriously, a day or two, long fucking maintenance, etc..? For people who work, like myself, this is really becoming tedious to try and do any leveling, especially if it only leaves you an hour or two before maintenance occurs. Once a week is fine...3-4? Gimme a damn break.

Gardios
Jul 21, 2012, 06:01 PM
Server down, I forgot to save my symbol art... I hope I didn't lose to much progress.

Dammit, they need a voiced announcement before the server goes down. >_<

Mikura
Jul 21, 2012, 06:01 PM
I'm hoping maintenance frequency will start going down if/when they can stop the hacking from occurring. To be honest though, I'm more pissed at the people moving the NPCs than Sega. If they would just leave the game alone, we wouldn't have to deal with all this to begin with.

Tooks
Jul 21, 2012, 06:02 PM
5 hour maintenance? Uch... Phantasy Maintenance Offline =/

Blundy
Jul 21, 2012, 06:02 PM
guess i wont be playing today huh.

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 06:03 PM
Three fucking maintenances in the last 36 hours? Really?

Kanore
Jul 21, 2012, 06:03 PM
man i wish subaru and the crimson knights would just kill all the hackers

it'd be like my favorite anime.................

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 06:04 PM
I didn't even see any hacking going on today.

ohka
Jul 21, 2012, 06:05 PM
come the hell on damn, going to psu for now wtf

Heat Haze
A lot of maintenance. Really, how many in the past 24 hours now?

Oh well, hopefully Sega gets their act together with this; though I said that the last few maintenance periods already.

*moans and complains*

I wonder what the compensation will be for those who purchased time sensitive AC stuff.

Zyrusticae
Getting stupid? Oh, no...this is already WAY beyond stupid. I'm really starting to regret spending any money on AC. And, in all honesty, quit this altogether. Well, at least until the US version comes out.

Seriously, a day or two, long fucking maintenance, etc..? For people who work, like myself, this is really becoming tedious to try and do any leveling, especially if it only leaves you an hour or two before maintenance occurs. Once a week is fine...3-4? Gimme a damn break.
Hah! The entitlement is strong with this one.

Really, though, for JP players this maintenance is fairly scheduled (during the morning-early afternoon hours, pretty far from primetime), it's the foreign players that get the short end of the stick... and even then, just the US players, since EU players are asleep right now. You cannot reasonably expect them to be able to keep everyone happy when they're dealing with a worldwide player base.

That being said, the number and length of the maintenance periods are rather ridiculous, but you can't complain about the timing when they're not targeting foreign customers to begin with.

Peejay
Jul 21, 2012, 06:06 PM
I literally just logged in to someone going THIS IS JUST LIKE .HACK//SIGN

What the shit, this is nothing like that show, or the game.

Oh wait, it was Kanore.

sugarFO
Jul 21, 2012, 06:06 PM
They kept apologizing in game today about all the maintenances, and stated they will have compensation for those who bought timed AC stuff or something like that.

Sweet. :D

HiOc
Jul 21, 2012, 06:07 PM
Eh, I think I've become jaded towards the whole maintenance business.

Lumpen Thingy
omg a free to play game that's brand new has to go through maintenance to fix the bs hackers are doing man how horrible!!!!!(sarcasm)

Garnet_Moon
i'm hoping this shows them how shitty their current hack prevention is. maybe they'll actually get a better system.
http://i.imgur.com/pcEwc.gif

Ceresa
Jul 21, 2012, 06:08 PM
Sure don't give a shit for some fucking talis weapon not dropping, that can wait for weekly maintenance.

Hopefully (doubtful) they actually have a fix in place for this moving npc business, otherwise saying they're taking it down because of some hacker issues just encourages the hackers to continue. And really, they have no means to just restart one block, or one ship at a time? Come the fuck on.

moorebounce
Jul 21, 2012, 06:08 PM
They should've called it PSU2 instead of PSO2

Aewyn
Jul 21, 2012, 06:09 PM
I don't really mind either way! It's annoying, sure, but as long as these problems get ironed out then that's for the best.

Peejay

They were thinking about it. I probably wouldn't be participating now in the case. I'd be a lot happier, too.

Lumpen Thingy
Because PSO was hacker free right? lmao

Chacron
Jul 21, 2012, 06:10 PM

Oh wait, it was Kanore.

Maybe it IS like .HACK//SIGN and we're just background character while the main character is doing his thing during these hackings and maintenance?!

Firehouse1983
Jul 21, 2012, 06:10 PM

Really, though, for JP players this maintenance is fairly scheduled (during the morning-early afternoon hours, pretty far from primetime), it's the foreign players that get the short end of the stick... and even then, just the US players, since EU players are asleep right now. You cannot reasonably expect them to be able to keep everyone happy when they're dealing with a worldwide player base.

That being said, the number and length of the maintenance periods are rather ridiculous, but you can't complain about the timing when they're not targeting foreign customers to begin with.

Oh, I know, lol. I wouldn't expect them to do a maintenance around JP peak times, since they are the majority of the game. It's just rather frustrating to have spent money on it and can't really play it a whole lot. I can whine, moan and bitch about it all day, but it's not going to change, just because a few of us US players are crying about it (myself included XD).

In the end, I know it'll make the game better and safer (hopefully)...you just hope they get it RIGHT this time, to avoid any more conflicts going on.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 21, 2012, 06:11 PM
I don't really mind either way! It's annoying, sure, but as long as these problems get ironed out then that's for the best.
I changed to my Yukata with my thigh highs and was about to blow you some kisses for a screencap when the 630 hit just now! ;_;

Gardios
Jul 21, 2012, 06:12 PM
Really, though, for JP players this maintenance is fairly scheduled (during the morning-early afternoon hours, pretty far from primetime), it's the foreign players that get the short end of the stick... and even then, just the US players, since EU players are asleep right now.

But I'm awake right now! I just wish SEGA would give me an offline symbol art editor so I have something to do. D:

Peejay
Jul 21, 2012, 06:12 PM
Maybe it IS like .HACK//SIGN and we're just background character while the main character is doing his thing during these hackings and maintenance?!

Well I don't see any morons running around being sulky---

Well, until word appears of a mysterious catlike creature, dgaf.

Ogni-XR21
Jul 21, 2012, 06:13 PM
Stop complaining, it's morning in Japan. Bad for US players, not so nice for Japanese players, ok for European players :-)

If they did not do something you would still complain for them doing nothing about it.

... 1am here, I might as well get some sleep.

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 06:13 PM
omg a free to play game that's brand new has to go through maintenance to fix the bs hackers are doing man how horrible!!!!!(sarcasm)

What good is a game you can't play when you have time?

Day 1: Yay, got all my errands done, let's play PSO2. Maintenance? Well shit nvm.
Day 2: Oooh, time free. PSO2 yaaay. Maintenance? wtf
Day 3: Damn, hard day at work. Shot in the dark but lets see if PSO2 is available. Nope. Awesome.
Day 4: Fuck this game ;)

In all of these maintenances they haven't really done shit to the hackers. I think they are bringing the servers down and playing ping-pong for 5 hours.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 21, 2012, 06:14 PM

fairly scheduled?

it's sunday in japan you know. 8 am on a sunday. they won't be able to play until 1 PM in the afternoon.

this maint would be fairly scheduled if it was a weekday but it's a weekend day my friend. to top it off, it's sunday. sunday generally gives more break time than saturday in most asian countries including japan.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 06:16 PM
I changed to my Yukata with my thigh highs and was about to blow you some kisses for a screencap when the 630 hit just now! ;_;

HAY! I don't get any?!

;~;

Tooks
All these .hack references are really making me wish someone would hurry the hell up and make a The World mmo... Maybe i'll go play //G.U.

Lumpen Thingy
What good is a game you can't play when you have time?

Day 1: Yay, got all my errands done, let's play PSO2. Maintenance? Well shit nvm.
Day 2: Oooh, time free. PSO2 yaaay. Maintenance? wtf
Day 3: Damn, hard day at work. Shot in the dark but lets see if PSO2 is available. Nope. Awesome.
Day 4: Fuck this game ;)

In all of these maintenances they haven't really done shit to the hackers. I think they are bringing the servers down and playing ping-pong for 5 hours.
http://hahnemannkiaawaz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Crying-baby3.jpg

Ogni-XR21
Jul 21, 2012, 06:17 PM
fairly scheduled?

it's sunday in japan you know. 8 am on a sunday. they won't be able to play until 1 PM in the afternoon.

this maint would be fairly scheduled if it was a weekday but it's a weekend day my friend. to top it off, it's sunday. sunday generally gives more break time than saturday in most asian countries including japan.

Are you living in Japan?

If not, don't complain.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 21, 2012, 06:18 PM
Are you living in Japan?

If not, don't complain.

it's bad for us too. i'm just pointing out that zyrusticae's post on how it's fairly scheduled for japan isn't true cause it's not.

this is basically the worst timing for everybody except european people.

if it was a weekday his post would have merit but today is sunday for them and saturday for us.

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
http://hahnemannkiaawaz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Crying-baby3.jpg

Lol says the tool who uses the "free game" argument to justify everything ;)

Zyrusticae
fairly scheduled?

That's one way to look at it. I, on the other hand, am rather impressed that they're actually working overtime (seriously, who works on a Sunday?) to fix this stuff... although I am so far not very impressed by their ability to do so. I can only hope that they eventually display some competence on the matter (like, actually fixing it this time would be nice).

Fortunately for myself, I have other things to occupy myself with. I am not chained to a single game, either, and I really hope no one else here is besides. There's a wide world of gaming out there, y'know... and then there's the Steam sale going on...

Garnet_Moon
HAY! I don't get any?!

;~;
You get whatever you wa~nt! :love:

Feggge
Jul 21, 2012, 06:20 PM
Stop complaining, it's morning in Japan. Bad for US players, not so nice for Japanese players, ok for European players :-)

If they did not do something you would still complain for them doing nothing about it.

... 1am here, I might as well get some sleep.

Ok for Europeans? Wouldn't say that. 1 am now and Prime game time... but there's always sleeping, meh...

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 21, 2012, 06:21 PM
It's free, new, in a different time zone and not targeted to us so quit your bitching and idk find another game to play? There's plenty of games to play thanks to steam's summer sale cry baby.

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 06:22 PM
Fortunately for myself, I have other things to occupy myself with. I am not chained to a single game, either, and I really hope no one else here is besides. There's a wide world of gaming out there, y'know... and then there's the Steam sale going on...

This is the bigger issue here. Count the number of maintenances in this week alone. This game is BARELY addictive as it is. Add into the equation that you can only play it 3 out of 7 days a week and you've got an entire player base moving to other games.

It's free, new, in a different time zone and not targeted to us so quit your bitching and idk find another game to play? There's plenty of games to play thanks to steam's summer sale cry baby.

Please contribute something intelligent for once troll.

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 06:22 PM
So sega....Hows that localization workin out for you? You know, to keep your japanese version separate from the rest of the world and its potential hackers.....

No so good? Eh well you got money to keep this up.

Ohh...you dont really? Hmm... Well at least you got game guard....

Ohh...they got around that i see.....

So...this maintence is gonna really stop them once and for all eh?

Ohh...you said that the last time.....

You know, its sad to see Sega making the same mistakes again..and again...again...etc etc etc

Makes me wonder why the guy running the show in Sega Japans Headquarters still has a job. This whole mess makes Sega JP look really incompetent.

This aint PSO2. This is PSU2. I loved PSU. But its problems seem to be like a cancer for Sega.

I really think whoever is running things at Sega, should step back, use some damn hind-sight and break this cycle of insanity. Because insanity is indeed doing the same thing over and over again, and then expecting a different result.

2 cents supplied by Fedex Air Express.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
So sega....Hows that localization workin out for you? You know, to keep your japanese version separate from the rest of the world and its potential hackers.....

No so good? Eh well you got money to keep this up.

Ohh...you dont really? Hmm... Well at least you got game guard....

Ohh...they got around that i see.....

So...this maintence is gonna really stop them once and for all eh?

Ohh...you said that the last time.....

You know, its sad to see Sega making the same mistakes again..and again...again...etc etc etc

Makes me wonder why the guy running the show in Sega Japans Headquarters still has a job. This whole mess makes Sega JP look really incompetent.

This aint PSO2. This is PSU2. I loved PSU. But its problems seem to be like a cancer for Sega.

I really think whoever is running things at Sega, should step back, use some damn hind-sight and break this cycle of insanity. Because insanity is indeed doing the same thing over and over again, and then expecting a different result.

2 cents supplied by Fedex Air Express.
I kind of want to shop your avatar and instead of a ball of purple hate, replace it with a Heart and post it in every thread like this that ends up in a flamefest.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
You get whatever you wa~nt! :love:

I want everything! http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/love/s0322.gif

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2012, 06:26 PM
This is the bigger issue here. Count the number of maintenances in this week alone. This game is BARELY addictive as it is. Add into the equation that you can only play it 3 out of 7 days a week and you've got an entire player base moving to other games.

"Moving on", you say...

There's nothing else really like it out there on the market right now, so what're they gonna "move on" to? :-?

I just can't see it that way. Like I said, I am not "chained" to any one game. I can, and often do, come back to older games I've enjoyed, and since the game doesn't have a mandatory sub fee I can pretty much come back to PSO2 whenever I want to. If a few periods of "you gotta do something else!" is enough to get someone to swear off a game permanently, um, more power to them?

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 06:28 PM
"Moving on", you say...

There's nothing else really like it out there on the market right now, so what're they gonna "move on" to? :-?

I just can't see it that way. Like I said, I am not "chained" to any one game. I can, and often do, come back to older games I've enjoyed, and since the game doesn't have a mandatory sub fee I can pretty much come back to PSO2 whenever I want to. If a few periods of "you gotta do something else!" is enough to get someone to swear off a game permanently, um, more power to them?

This game isn't unique lol.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 06:28 PM

Good counter-point.

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 06:30 PM
Good counter-point.

Thank you ;)

Dan Maku
The amount of people losing their shit over the constant maintenance times give this blog entry about the evils of MMO addiction (http://www.destructoid.com/promoted-blog-the-story-of-an-rpg-lover-and-mmo-hater-227709.phtml) a metric fuckton of credibility.

Lumpen Thingy

Please contribute something intelligent for once troll.
Why put intelligence into a conversation with a guy bitching about a maintenance and says this game is barely addictive? Well I'm off to go play something else or go outside and hang with friends have fun on the forums.

Tooks
Jul 21, 2012, 06:31 PM

/thread.

This argument is unbeatable, I mean, just look at all the evidence and examples provided.

+3 internets good sir.

Akumetsu
For some the glass is half empty, for some the glass is half full... Either way, they should have found a way to fill the damn glass already...

Ogni-XR21
Honestly, some of you are taking this way to seriously. Being so butthurt over a maintenance makes you look like a little child that got his sucker taken away from him... ;-)

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2012, 06:32 PM
/this game has a maintenance

/everyone starts acting like this is a bad game to cope with it

real "/thread"

Massaki
Jul 21, 2012, 06:32 PM
ITT: Bitching about something that is the norm in MMOs: Maintenance.

Just. Deal. With. It.

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 06:34 PM
Why put intelligence into a conversation with a guy bitching about a maintenance and says this game is barely addictive? Well I'm off to go play something else or go outside and hang with friends have fun on the forums.

Hey, I'm a busy person. I get to play maybe 3 days out of a week. This is literally the third time in a row a maintenance has come up in those windows. Not everyone has the free time to just come back when it has returned. Please don't talk to me about "experiencing life." lols

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 06:35 PM
This is too rich seeing all these "play" another game statements... lol some of us have been gaming a lot longer than those who have stated such things and have been waiting for this game since the end of PSO episode 1&2/ PSOBB. Sure there are other games out there, but are they as fun? Probably not, unless you're just someone that plays a game for a few hours then switches to another then switches back wondering why they haven't reached level cap or say it's too difficult. The maintenance is a bit much, but I"m not just going to pick up another game because of it, sure there's other F2P games out there I could do but why purchase a game that I wont be having nearly as much fun on as PSO2? I guess either people were too young or have forgotten the horrors of Steam during CS 1.6. That turned me away forever from them.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 06:43 PM
This is too rich seeing all these "play" another game statements... lol some of us have been gaming a lot longer than those who have stated such things and have been waiting for this game since the end of PSO episode 1&2/ PSOBB. Sure there are other games out there, but are they as fun? Probably not, unless you're just someone that plays a game for a few hours then switches to another then switches back wondering why they haven't reached level cap or say it's too difficult.

I don't think anyone was saying to 'drop PSO2 altogether', they were just saying to, I dunno, find something else to occupy your time with for five hours? Everyone here must certainly have more than one hobby, yes?

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2012, 06:43 PM
I don't think anyone was saying to 'drop PSO2 altogether', they were just saying to, I dunno, find something else to occupy your time with for five hours? Everyone here must certainly have more than one hobby, yes?

You know the answer to that question...

Metalsnake27
Jul 21, 2012, 06:44 PM
I'm playing GW2 Beta so... I'll be doing that.

Akumetsu
Jul 21, 2012, 06:45 PM
ITT: Bitching about something that is the norm in MMOs: Maintenance.

Just. Deal. With. It.

How many MMO's have 3-4 maitenances a week? this is a legit question because other than PSO(Dreamcube and Gamecast lol), i dont mess with mmo's...

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 06:46 PM
I kind of want to shop your avatar and instead of a ball of purple hate, replace it with a Heart and post it in every thread like this that ends up in a flamefest.

Like how you derailed the context of my statements to focus on me. As if im the problem! Good job ms.troll.

No sure of the true purpose of your critical analysis of my signature, but everybody is entitled to there opinion.

And for the record, its not a ball of hate. Its a ball of logic and understanding of the universe. There is no magic. Magic is just unexplained science.

So good luck at your Attempt to troll because this is the only gasoline your getting from me.

Good day to you.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 06:46 PM

oh Yeah sure I thought he was saying that if you only play PSO2 in gaming then you're doing it wrong, which I disagree with it, it's ok to have PSO2 as your only game. Nothing wrong with just playing 1 game. There's plenty of stuff I can do to occupy my time that isn't gaming, and honestly I really don't see any good games out there, I spend more time playing older games than ones that have just been released when maintenance occurs.

MissMalice
Jul 21, 2012, 06:47 PM
But I just got off from work...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14492/5582.120698-_2D00_-animated-rainbow_5F00_dash-sadface.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Akumetsu
Jul 21, 2012, 06:48 PM
Yeah ironically I quit playing all my other games to play just PSO2... Kinda thought thats what this whole community was about no lie, die hard PSO fans...

Garnet_Moon
Jul 21, 2012, 06:48 PM
Like how you derailed the context of my statements to focus on me. As if im the problem! Good job ms.troll.

No sure of the true purpose of your critical analysis of my signature, but everybody is entitled to there opinion.

And for the record, its not a ball of hate. Its a ball of logic and understanding of the universe. There is no magic. Magic is just unexplained science.

So good luck at your Attempt to troll because this is the only gasoline your getting from me.

Good day to you.

I was only mentioning hearts because it seemed funny to me at the time. Wasn't singling out what you said; I didn't even read it, not even after you quote me and added so much text. I figured I'd read your reply, and I got this instead.

To each their own. Your guy looked like he'd be great to be the official LET'S ALL BE FRIENDS throwing giant glowing hearts at people, but now he can also die in a fire with this thread.

G'day to you too~

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 06:49 PM
Now..i feel like crying....

Massaki
Jul 21, 2012, 06:52 PM
How many MMO's have 3-4 maitenances a week? this is a legit question because other than PSO(Dreamcube and Gamecast lol), i dont mess with mmo's...

That's why there are two kinds of maintenance: routine and emergency. Routine like once a month or once a week and emergency when you have stuff that was initially wrong with a patch or when there's people messing with stuff inside the game that wasn't supposed to be there.

I will say the length of these emergency maintenances are a bit outrageous.

Heat Haze
Jul 21, 2012, 06:53 PM
Woah, this thread.. I don't even know.

I mean, sure. I expressed discontent early in the thread so I shouldn't be saying but are we really degenerating into bickering? (Obviously, not directed at everyone)

At least it's not another "til 4AM" maintenance.

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2012, 06:55 PM
oh Yeah sure I thought he was saying that if you only play PSO2 in gaming then you're doing it wrong, which I disagree with it, it's ok to have PSO2 as your only game. Nothing wrong with just playing 1 game. There's plenty of stuff I can do to occupy my time that isn't gaming, and honestly I really don't see any good games out there, I spend more time playing older games than ones that have just been released when maintenance occurs.
You "don't see any good games out there"...? Really?

I mean, I guess you just have some really stupidly awfully specific tastes, but seriously? It is a BIG market out there, man. If you really, honestly cannot find anything else that at least piques your interest out there... I don't even know what to say to that.

But my point, really, was that there are plenty of other things to do that a little maintenance time really should not be the end of the world for anybody, certainly not to the point where they must QUIT THIS GAME FOREVER OHMIGAWD FUCK YOU SEGA!! *sigh*

But really, just one game? All the time, just one game? Come on, seriously, just the ONE game? Nothing else? Nothing else at all?

I guess you can complain about the maintenance then, but, uh, good luck getting me (or anyone else) to take you seriously for it... :-?

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 06:56 PM
I was only mentioning hearts because it seemed funny to me at the time. Wasn't singling out what you said; I didn't even read it, not even after you quote me and added so much text. I figured I'd read your reply, and I got this instead.

To each their own. Your guy looked like he'd be great to be the official LET'S ALL BE FRIENDS throwing giant glowing hearts at people, but now he can also die in a fire with this thread.

G'day to you too~

What ya ment to say, and the effect of what you said or two different things. I guess you never heard the expression..if you cant say something nice dont say it at all? And btw you just confirmed my assumption with what you said with this statement.

"but now he can also die in a fire with this thread"

If you where sincere....Sorry would have been all you said.

Fail #2.

Damn...where did i put that troll away spreay.

If you would like to talk in more detail, your always free to PM me.

velociti
Jul 21, 2012, 06:57 PM
to heat haze:
you play the game at 1 to 6 am? pretty strange.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 06:58 PM

I mean, I guess you just have some really stupidly awfully specific tastes, but seriously? It is a BIG market out there, man. If you really, honestly cannot find anything else that at least piques your interest out there... I don't even know what to say to that.

But my point, really, was that there are plenty of other things to do that a little maintenance time really should not be the end of the world for anybody, certainly not to the point where they must QUIT THIS GAME FOREVER OHMIGAWD FUCK YOU SEGA!! *sigh*

But really, just one game? All the time, just one game? Come on, seriously, just the ONE game? Nothing else? Nothing else at all?

I guess you can complain about the maintenance then, but, uh, good luck getting me (or anyone else) to take you seriously for it... :-?

I guess you must be young and didn't experience gaming until the last 2-3 years or something rofl. No I don't want to play a game from NCsoft/Blizzard or Steam, I don't like console online games anymore, and the latest MGS game isn't all that great from what I've seen/heard. SO No I'm not interested in any of the new games out there and it is actually fact that gaming has gone down hill since the past. Not sure what you're trying to say honestly but at this point you sound mad or unhappy with your life and feel the need to pointlessly reply to my thoughts on gaming lol.

Complaining about maintenance doesn't mean I'm saying it's the end of the world... but ok you're entitled to your own opinion as incorrect as it may be. No one is really saying that, and yes this isn't the first great game that I've played by itself plenty of games I use to play without playing others, there was a time where you actually had to hardcore a game like it was a job to have the most fun out of it, because it was that challenging.

Kimil Adrayne
Jul 21, 2012, 06:58 PM
God damn it. Really? I just got off work, and was hoping to play :(

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 07:00 PM
at this point you sound mad or unhappy with your life

Where did this come from I don't even.

Heat Haze
Jul 21, 2012, 07:02 PM
to heat haze:
you play the game at 1 to 6 am? pretty strange.

No. Just saying the maintenance could have been longer.

Thinking on it now, it's usually 10PM to 4AM so.. it's really only an hour shorter.

I can only hope the shorter time is a premonition for shorter maintenance in the future.

velociti
Jul 21, 2012, 07:03 PM
ah ok :P

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 07:04 PM
Where did this come from I don't even.

that's where, sounds like anger to me, it's amazing what you can find when you read the entire post.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
that's where, sounds like anger to me, it's amazing what you can find when you read the entire post.

Angry? Sure, maybe a little. But, mmmmm I'm still not seeing where he seems like he's "unhappy with his life" just in one blurb from some post on the internet. You must be really good at finding subtexts and hidden messages.

Mikura
Jul 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
Woah, this thread.. I don't even know.

I mean, sure. I expressed discontent early in the thread so I shouldn't be saying but are we really degenerating into bickering? (Obviously, not directed at everyone)

At least it's not another "til 4AM" maintenance.

The bickering going on in this thread should come as no surprise to anyone. I've played other MMOs like WoW and FFXI and every time they had an unusual amount of maintenance periods on their servers for whatever reason, people argued and complained about it. It's human nature.

The fact is, no online game is immune to this. Crap happens, bugs occur, exploits are found, hackers come and ruin the experience for everyone else. Content is added and patches are distributed that cause the game to go bonkers for some people. It just happens. You either learn to deal with it responsibly as an adult or move on to something else if you feel you aren't getting the game and service you deserve.

Yes, I will grant you that Gameguard is a piss-poor decision as a security measure against hackers, but the fact remains that the game is still new and as such, all of this is going to be a long and hard learning process for SoJ. The only saving grace to be had from all this is that hopefully by the time the NA/EU version is released, all the bugs and security exploits will be ironed out and resolved. If not, expect more maintenance because people can't leave the damn game alone and feel they need to ruin it for everyone else just to make a name for themselves.

swordmas720
Jul 21, 2012, 07:07 PM
I guess you must be young and didn't experience gaming until the last 2-3 years or something rofl. No I don't want to play a game from NCsoft/Blizzard or Steam, I don't like console online games, and the latest MGS game isn't all that great from what I've seen/heard. SO No I'm not interested in any of the new games out there and it is actually fact that gaming has gone down hill since the past. Not sure what you're trying to say honestly but at this point you sound mad or unhappy with your life and feel the need to pointlessly reply to my thoughts on gaming lol.

Watch out guys, we got an elitist hipster gamer who thinks nothing of the advancements of the video game in the past century. Since he thinks everything that comes out nowadays is a pile of turd. I guess for those who love change and all that has helped improve the industry have all been living in a fool hardy misinterpretation of a false reality that we thought was a video game.

MelancholyWitch
He put a sigh at the end of it, I can fetch magnifying glass if needed. Usually when someone sighs they are depressed with something, so not sure why he has to put that in there at all in reply what I'm saying considering I said nothing related to that sentence in any of my posts.

Garnet_Moon
What's happening now during maintenance:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/7yn4Q.gif[/spoiler-box]

What's going to happen when maintenance is over:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/emR6s.gif[/spoiler-box]

Zyrusticae
I guess you must be young and didn't experience gaming until the last 2-3 years or something rofl. No I don't want to play a game from NCsoft or Steam, I don't like console online games, and the latest MGS game isn't all that great from what I've seen/heard. SO No I'm not interested in any of the new games out there and it is actually fact that gaming has gone down hill since the past. Not sure what you're trying to say honestly but at this point you sound mad or unhappy with your life and feel the need to pointlessly reply to my thoughts on gaming lol.
Huh. You're really reaching into places I didn't even know it was possible to reach from there.

For one, I've played games since I was little, starting with the 8-bit NES, so you're wrong there. Two, it's absolutely total bullshit to say that gaming has "gone downhill"; it's such a ridiculous blanket statement (not to mention TOTAL OPINION, not ACTUAL FACT) that should be checked looong before it gets anywhere near the keyboard. Three, how the hell did you get that I'm "mad or unhappy with your life" crap from what I posted? I am, in fact, quite happy with what I have and it is THAT fact that makes me so confused as to why people are so gung-ho about the maintenance issue.

And you know, honestly, that nostalgia-goggle-eyed bullshit about "it was better back in the day!" really gets on my nerves. Perhaps YOU are the problem, not the games? Because, y'know, you can't expect me to believe an entire industry, which releases dozens of games every year of all kinds of genres and styles, is entirely shit and that it's somehow a fact because you, personally, can't find something you like besides that ONE game.

Metalsnake27
Jul 21, 2012, 07:08 PM
Game has been updated to 1.02.07/1.0004

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 07:09 PM
He put a sigh at the end of it, I can fetch magnifying glass if needed. Usually when someone sighs they are depressed with something, so not sure why he has to put that in there at all in reply what I'm saying considering I said nothing related to that sentence in any of my posts.

The "*sigh*" was obviously a sign of exasperation from dealing with people complaining in this topic, since they do it time and time again (yeah, maybe for good reason, but still).

Has nothing to do with his "life status" or "depression." Don't be silly.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 07:09 PM
Watch out guys, we got an elitist hipster gamer who thinks nothing of the advancements of the video game in the past century. Since he thinks everything that comes out nowadays is a pile of turd. I guess for those who love change and all that has helped improve the industry have all been living in a fool hardy misinterpretation of a false reality that we thought was a video game.

Yes since I said that... no not at all actually saying that gaming was better in the past doesn't mean it's bad now, it just means it wasn't as good as it use to be... and I like PSO2 which just recently came out, there are other games I like too that have come out within this year, so again someone else replying without any knowledge on the subject.

Squall179
Jul 21, 2012, 07:11 PM

How very true, just like each other time, we all seem to turn into a pack of wild dogs, generally speaking, and then when its done we're all just too busy playing to argue hehe.

Zeota
jk who am i kidding. always will forever be gameguard.

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this couple of Asian online games and GameGuard in unholy matrimony!

MelancholyWitch
Huh. You're really reaching into places I didn't even know it was possible to reach from there.

For one, I've played games since I was little, starting with the 8-bit NES, so you're wrong there. Two, it's absolutely total bullshit to say that gaming has "gone downhill"; it's such a ridiculous blanket statement (not to mention TOTAL OPINION, not ACTUAL FACT) that should be checked looong before it gets anywhere near the keyboard. Three, how the hell did you get that I'm "mad or unhappy with your life" crap from what I posted? I am, in fact, quite happy with what I have and it is THAT fact that makes me so confused as to why people are so gung-ho about the maintenance issue.

And you know, honestly, that nostalgia-goggle-eyed bullshit about "it was better back in the day!" really gets on my nerves. Perhaps YOU are the problem, not the games? Because, y'know, you can't expect me to believe an entire industry, which releases dozens of games every year of all kinds of genres and styles, is entirely shit and that it's somehow a fact because you, personally, can't find something you like besides that ONE game.

ok... and what you're saying is just because I don't play a game means I don't like it? There are games I like out there that I don't currently play right now...

Tajima Hirago
Jul 21, 2012, 07:12 PM
The bickering going on in this thread should come as no surprise to anyone. I've played other MMOs like WoW and FFXI and every time they had an unusual amount of maintenance periods on their servers for whatever reason, people argued and complained about it. It's human nature.

The fact is, no online game is immune to this. Crap happens, bugs occur, exploits are found, hackers come and ruin the experience for everyone else. Content is added and patches are distributed that cause the game to go bonkers for some people. It just happens. You either learn to deal with it responsibly as an adult or move on to something else if you feel you aren't getting the game and service you deserve.

Yes, I will grant you that Gameguard is a piss-poor decision as a security measure against hackers, but the fact remains that the game is still new and as such, all of this is going to be a long and hard learning process for SoJ. The only saving grace to be had from all this is that hopefully by the time the NA/EU version is released, all the bugs and security exploits will be ironed out and resolved. If not, expect more maintenance because people can't leave the damn game alone and feel they need to ruin it for everyone else just to make a name for themselves.

Couldn't have said it any better, Mikura. :D

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 07:12 PM
To be honest, games are progressively getting more easymode.

Cypher_9
Jul 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
Uhm, threads like these... least I think shouldn't be made anymore. I keep seeing the same thing happening over and over... this is a clear example of not learning from the past... LOL

swordmas720
Yes since I said that... no not at all actually saying that gaming was better in the past doesn't mean it's bad now, it just means it wasn't as good as it use to be... and I like PSO2 which just recently came out, there are other games I like too that have come out within this year, so again someone else replying without any knowledge on the subject.

Hm, that's strange, weren't you the one who said " SO No I'm not interested in any of the new games out there and it is actually fact that gaming has gone down hill since the past. ". Seems like a pessimist who lives in the past and nothing but the past. It's 2012 dahling, experience it before it's 2013.

Heat Haze
@Mikura: Haven't played MMOs nor participated in communities pertaining to those MMOs, so this shocked me just a bit. Sega did mention compensation for people who purchased time sensitive AC stuff; might be able to alleviate the discontent a bit. Very nice post!

I'd rather have one long maintenance period than multiple ones, but problems from the game don't appear all at once.

Gardios
Jul 21, 2012, 07:14 PM
Sometimes I wonder why I'm even reading this topic. It's not even popcorn worthy.

Oh well, I say this but I'll be following the topic anyway.

Can't blame the devs when consumers are complaining. I mean we even have JP complains about the difficulty of PSO2...

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 07:14 PM

This, and to me any form of a game right down to board games, or playing hide & go seek, was always fun due to the challenge that they presented most fun you get from games is the challenge you have to face in order to overcome the game.

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 07:15 PM
but the fact remains that the game is still new

I liked everything you said up until this. In the very same post you point out Sega using protection software that is like over ten years old but then you justify it by saying the game is still new. Iono.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 07:16 PM
Uhm, threads like these... least I think shouldn't be made anymore. I keep seeing the same thing happening over and over... this is a clear example of not learning from the past... LOL

I know, right? Hope the maintenance finishes early so the fighting slows down.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 07:17 PM
Hm, that's strange, weren't you the one who said " SO No I'm not interested in any of the new games out there and it is actually fact that gaming has gone down hill since the past. ". Seems like a pessimist who lives in the past and nothing but the past. It's 2012 dahling, experience it before it's 2013.

Not really, you are twisting words in your own logic. I had more fun in games from the past, because they are going downhill doesn't make them bad either. You know nothing about me and say something to that extent are you that bored with yourself? And there's nothing wrong with not being interested in any of the NEW games out there, (keyword new) I don't think something a few months old is necessarily new. Rofl what kind of an idiotic statement is that, just because I don't like something that came out within the last month doesn't mean I live in the past are you some kind of hipster?

Squall179
Jul 21, 2012, 07:17 PM

This. All we need is a sticky that is locked where the staff just.....puts maint announcements or just changes the title of it to whichever the newest is, then puts in the details or something.....this kind of discussion breeds infighting in our collective impatience. Not all of us....but some of us.

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2012, 07:18 PM
I think it is more accurate to say "games have been targeting wider and wider audiences", which means that they are being tuned more and more for the lowest common denominator.

But that shouldn't matter, because anyone who likes challenging games can still find them, you just have to look away from the mass-market giants that are obviously focusing on making as much money as humanly possible and less on creating an experience that is meant to be enjoyable from start to finish.

I'll also note that there are a LOT of PvP games out there nowadays, where the challenge scales directly with the caliber of your opponents. If you actually want bragging rights, there's your ticket.

DeathByPogs
Jul 21, 2012, 07:18 PM
Thinking the US servers will be better than the JP ones is a laugh. They are going to release the game abroad and then forget about it and continue to update the JP client, which is fine with me.

Dan Maku
Jul 21, 2012, 07:19 PM

Too true.

In the meantime...

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/7/21/VPLmDTRoLEe5b1smVmzwbQ2.png

Garnet_Moon
Jul 21, 2012, 07:21 PM
You sound like one of the few sane people in this thread. So sane, in fact, that you also seem like you'd be pressing the report button on all these people...

Well, DON'T.

The mods are busy enjoying popcorn and soda right now and watching the show. Have some respect! :D

I'd ask Dhylec what his official view on threads like this that 9 times out of 10 deteriorate into this kind of stuff, but I don't like his Colonel Guile avatar.

Laxedrane

The only other MMO I played was Final Fantasy XI.

Right before the staff change over there 2-3 years ago we were accustomed to 12 hour maintenance for version updates. That ALWAYS got delayed (I think the longest it was down was i don't know 18? 20 hours?). That was guarantee to be followed by 2-3 emergency maintenance the next few days and then another 1-2 emergency maintenance the week afterwards.

Usually to fix glitches caused by that 16 hour on average maintenance.

"Hacks" in XI were rooted out very early and only the occasional exploits of glitches happen which require square to drop to server to correct. Right now Windower getting dangerously close to catching Squares eyes as well.(A third party program with all kinds of add ins that violate ToS and some that don't and are convenient. Use to be a don't ask don't tell thing about the program but people are getting way to loose lipped about it.)

iTz PooKiie xx
http://i.imgur.com/pcEwc.gif
日常 ftw<3

Mikura
Jul 21, 2012, 07:22 PM
I liked everything you said up until this. In the very same post you point out Sega using protection software that is like over ten years old but then you justify it by saying the game is still new. Iono.

The game itself is new, yes. Gameguard bundled with it? No. Which boggles my mind that they would use outdated protection for a new game.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 21, 2012, 07:29 PM
The amount of people losing their shit over the constant maintenance times give this blog entry about the evils of MMO addiction (http://www.destructoid.com/promoted-blog-the-story-of-an-rpg-lover-and-mmo-hater-227709.phtml) a metric fuckton of credibility.

that was a good read bro

i'm incredibly guilty towards feeling emotional satisfaction from triumph in pvp games lol. not really getting loots or lvls, although both are two sides of a similar coin

probably the reason why pso2 is a good game to me but i still keep going back to

[SPOILER-BOX]s4 league[/SPOILER-BOX]

Peejay
Jul 21, 2012, 07:30 PM
I think it is more accurate to say "games have been targeting wider and wider audiences", which means that they are being tuned more and more for the lowest common denominator.

But that shouldn't matter, because anyone who likes challenging games can still find them, you just have to look away from the mass-market giants that are obviously focusing on making as much money as humanly possible and less on creating an experience that is meant to be enjoyable from start to finish.

I'll also note that there are a LOT of PvP games out there nowadays, where the challenge scales directly with the caliber of your opponents. If you actually want bragging rights, there's your ticket.

Oh, how I wish I could play those without busting a vein in anger or getting BANNED For my connection being too poor, despite me paying a hundred a month for it.

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 07:31 PM

Sigh....try as i might, I can't be angry with you anymore after that post.

I concede. Very well put. That is exactly whats going on in this thread.

Im gonna get me a glass of wine. And play something else why this game updates.

It was.....interesting running into you Garnet_moon.

All sarcasim removed....Good day to you.

Kanore
Jul 21, 2012, 07:33 PM

Oh wait, it was Kanore.

sure it is

ShadowDragon28
Jul 21, 2012, 07:34 PM
I am disappointed, I hope they get things right this time. Was going to play for a bit before I go out to eat for my birthday... ah well.

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 07:35 PM

FIXED

"What's going to happen when maintenance is over:"

CHANGE OVER CODE - EMERGENCY 4 HOUR MAINTENANCE

Cypher_9
Jul 21, 2012, 07:37 PM
You sound like one of the few sane people in this thread. So sane, in fact, that you also seem like you'd be pressing the report button on all these people...

Well, DON'T.

Need not to worry, I don't do the reporting (don't even know how but, if I look I bound to find the widget...), I am more so of a person who observes... and not touch... (more like approach with caution)

EDIT: Seen the "Report" button... now I am tempted to fulfill this action... LOL kidding ^^

soulpimpwizzurd
FIXED

"What's going to happen when maintenance is over:"

CHANGE OVER CODE - EMERGENCY 4 HOUR MAINTENANCE

oh damn did i lol

i think these forums are more fun for me than pso2 at times

Enforcer MKV

.....Gold. Freaking. GOLD.

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
.....Gold. Freaking. GOLD.

Hey...thats my line! hehe :-P

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 07:42 PM
Hey...thats my line! hehe :-P

I see no copyright. :razz:

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 07:44 PM
I see no copyright. :razz:

Finish him!

:quickdraw:

Flawless Victory.....

FATALITY!

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 07:44 PM

Just to poke a quick little thing at this:

When the author of the linked article said "online-only friends are not real friends", s/he lost most of their credibility, because that's bullshit.

*waves checkered flag*

Okay, back to the topic at-hand! Which I don't recall what that was.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 07:45 PM
Finish him!

:quickdraw:

Flawless Victory.....

FATALITY!

*shield block* Oi! Not cool! :trout:

Quatre52
Jul 21, 2012, 07:47 PM

When the author of the linked article said "online-only friends are not real friends", s/he most of their credibility, because that's bullshit.

*waves checkered flag*

Agreed. To say someones not a friend simply because they live else where is an ignorant statement.

Cypher_9
Jul 21, 2012, 07:49 PM
Lets sing a song... the next person posting brings up the first verse...!

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSDW6Tjpp2U[/SPOILER-BOX]

There ya go.

ohka
Jul 21, 2012, 07:56 PM

agreed this guy is just being a idiot

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 07:56 PM
Capped! Pierry Thrust Spin Dodge!

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ffL573XI50[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
I am disappointed, I hope they get things right this time. Was going to play for a bit before I go out to eat for my birthday... ah well.
Happy birthday! I guess?

pikachief
Jul 21, 2012, 08:10 PM
Lets sing a song... the next person posting brings up the first verse...!

I West Philadelphia born and raised...

? D:

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2012, 08:14 PM
The playgrounds where I spent-

NO WE'RE NOT DOING THIS

/goes to draw...

Zeota
Jul 21, 2012, 08:14 PM

When the author of the linked article said "online-only friends are not real friends", s/he most of their credibility, because that's bullshit.

*waves checkered flag*

I stopped reading after that part. So by that logic, if people met their would-be husband/wife in an online game, their whole relationship's based on a lie? OK.

Crimson Exile
Jul 21, 2012, 08:15 PM
Ouch. Haven't been on all day. Glad I checked here before I logged in thanks for the heads up.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 08:17 PM
For those of you can't seem to understand or grasp that older gamers who have continued to strive for challenging games or struggle to look for titles worthy of purchase, allow me to give you some simple details.

Games these days are getting shorter and shorter(mainstream or not) and far easier.Catering to a larger crowd so to speak that the Wii introduced.To put it simply this crowd wasn't that big at all at first.They started creeping up in the ps2 era and games started to show a bit more leniency with their difficulty. Main franchises however remained untouched.

Then the Wii came and the casual gaming boom, followed by the social gaming boom that took advantage of that. Now in order to get more sales games are getting easier and easier. This ruins many games for gamers like us which in turn makes it so"there isn't many games out there to be interested in". Only a few games these days retain any difficulty like the real games had but even then there is usually some obvious exploit to make it all easy(Dark Souls i am looking at you).

Simple definition of us would be "core gamers". And even then we are a small percentage of the current "core" gamers.

I don't understand why there was such a lack of understanding.

Anyway i suppose ill get back to work on my Let's Plays on my youtube channel.It is something to do at least.

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 08:18 PM
I stopped reading after that part. So by that logic, if people met their would-be husband/wife in an online game, their whole relationship's based on a lie? OK.

I've actually got friends, who I met in-game through real life friends, that we travel and get together with in real life. Soooooo what does this meeeeean...?

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 08:18 PM

I think the poster left out a word by accident."Lost" most of his/her credibility i believe was what was trying to be stated here.

ohka
Jul 21, 2012, 08:19 PM
I've actually got friends, who I met in-game through real life friends, that we travel and get together with in real life. Soooooo what does this meeeeean...?

oh god people are talking about in person to online relationships this never goes well

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 08:19 PM

And the poster's comment you just quoted was AGAINST the idea of a relationship like that being a lie.

Gotta translate people today lol

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 08:20 PM
I think the poster left out a word by accident."Lost" most of his/her credibility i believe was what was trying to be stated here.

Zeota stopped reading the article, not Olaf.

sugarFO
Anyway i suppose ill get back to work on my Let's Plays on my youtube channel.It is something to do at least.

So that's who I see on youtube making all of those let's play videos. I always was annoyed by them because a guy would be talking a bunch when I just want to watch the gameplay or story. Lol

NoiseHERO
It's like every thread that pops up in general quickly devolves into a shitstorm no matter what.

It's fucking hilarious. +1 for PSOW.

Fixed.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 08:21 PM

Yes, I noticed it and fixed it.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 08:21 PM
So that's who I see on youtube making all of those let's play videos. I always was annoyed by them because a guy would be talking a bunch when I just want to watch the gameplay or story. Lol

Lol i talk and play.I don't stop usually XD

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 08:22 PM
And the poster's comment you just quoted was AGAINST the idea of a relationship like that being a lie.

Gotta translate people today lol

I was agreeing with him. Quoting someone does not automatically mean you are disagreeing with them. wth?

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 08:22 PM
I was agreeing with him. Quoting someone does not automatically mean you are disagreeing with them. wth?

It was just the way you worded it mate.

No worries.

Crimson Exile
Jul 21, 2012, 08:24 PM
For those of you can't seem to understand or grasp that older gamers who have continued to strive for challenging games or struggle to look for titles worthy of purchase, allow me to give you some simple details.

Games these days are getting shorter and shorter(mainstream or not) and far easier.Catering to a larger crowd so to speak that the Wii introduced.To put it simply this crowd wasn't that big at all at first.They started creeping up in the ps2 era and games started to show a bit more leniency with their difficulty. Main franchises however remained untouched.

Then the Wii came and the casual gaming boom, followed by the social gaming boom that took advantage of that. Now in order to get more sales games are getting easier and easier. This ruins many games for gamers like us which in turn makes it so"there isn't many games out there to be interested in". Only a few games these days retain any difficulty like the real games had but even then there is usually some obvious exploit to make it all easy(Dark Souls i am looking at you).

Simple definition of us would be "core gamers". And even then we are a small percentage of the current "core" gamers.

I don't understand why there was such a lack of understanding.

I agree with you. Also can you post a link to youtube channel I love let's plays, it's about the only thing good in gaming left.

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 08:26 PM
I agree with you. Also can you post a link to youtube channel I love let's plays, it's about the only thing good in gaming left.

I blame WoW XD

Crimson Exile
Jul 21, 2012, 08:29 PM
I blame WoW XD
xD lmao why wow?

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 08:32 PM
xD lmao why wow?

Yes I blame it too, because when it first came out it was hard and required hours of understanding and play, then each expansion it got easier and easier until it was like hey you want free stuff without any challenge to earn? just play our game then!

moorebounce
@Wolfgrey666 When playing videogames was looked down upon we were called "Hardcore gamers" where I grew up. You're right the games were much harder back in the day. Thats one of the reasons I stopped playing Madden because they were spoon feeding their fans where 2K wasn't. EA bought the NFL license before their sheep would wake up. No more 2K no more challenging football games. I don't even play football videogames anymore.

Wolfgrey666

http://www.youtube.com/user/Steelgrey666?feature=mhee

That is my youtube channel.I have a couple playlists for games i am doing now.I am completely new at this Let's Play business so excuse my awkwardness lol.

I only have two going atm and i have just started them.

Rage and L4D2.

But i am looking for another game to do alongside it.Maybe something much older...

AlMcFly
Jul 21, 2012, 08:33 PM
xD lmao why wow?

Kind of half joking. But iono, it generally brought mmo games to the mainstream audience like no other game before. Too many WoWboys have heralded it as some groundbreaking/break all the molds rpg. The only thing I saw when I played it was an easymode mmorpg that merely replicated the most common mmorpg elements. Somehow it was sold to the masses better than others. There are far better games that, if given the money Blizzard has received from Wow, would be godly.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 08:34 PM

That is my youtube channel.I have a couple playlists for games i am doing now.I am completely new at this Let's Play business so excuse my awkwardness lol.

Rage and L4D2.

But i am looking for another game to do alongside it.Maybe something much older...

Heh, Dark Souls?

Crimson Exile
Jul 21, 2012, 08:36 PM

Rage and L4D2.

I will check it out now. Try minecraft, pso2, anything but a fps lol. Fps destroyed good gaming.

Wolfgrey666
Kind of half joking. But iono, it generally brought mmo games to the mainstream audience like no other game before. Too many WoWboys have heralded it as some groundbreaking/break all the molds rpg. The only thing I saw when I played it was an easymode mmorpg that merely replicated the most common mmorpg elements. Somehow it was sold to the masses better than others.

You hit the nail.It was easy to swallow(unlike EQ) and the masses could easily get into it.

EQ took a lot more to get into but also rewarded it in a better manner, WoW gave nearly instant gratification after a while.

EQ may not be what started it all but it is the father of many MMOs today.That includes WoW.Yes there was ones before it that had some of what EQ had but EQ was what brought it all to light in the public eye.

supersonix9
All of the comments complaining about how launch is bad because of maintenance.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 08:37 PM
Kind of half joking. But iono, it generally brought mmo games to the mainstream audience like no other game before. Too many WoWboys have heralded it as some groundbreaking/break all the molds rpg. The only thing I saw when I played it was an easymode mmorpg that merely replicated the most common mmorpg elements. Somehow it was sold to the masses better than others. There are far better games that, if given the money Blizzard has received from Wow, would be godly.

it was all about the timing, lots of people moved to it when it was released, from other games, when all those players who were hard core into it started to quit due to the next expansion, Blizzard had to dumb things down to relate to the "in crowd" of gaming that required everything to be easy for them and handed to them for free.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 08:38 PM
I will check it out now. Try minecraft, pso2, anything but a fps lol. Fps destroyed good gaming.

FPS never destroyed good gaming.Watered down FPS catering to casuals did.Big difference.

I was simply looking for a title to match with the most recent of fans.My third title was going to be a much older title that is more of my tastes.

Like the old Dungeon Siege.Unlike Dungeon Siege 3 which is a travesty.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 08:39 PM

This is just my general reaction to most of the complaints and such....

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 08:40 PM

Not realizing how many numerous games had far better launches in the mmo world of gaming.

Cypher_9
Jul 21, 2012, 08:42 PM
@ Enforcer MKV, ZcRadier, pikachief

LOL KEEP GOING :D

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 08:42 PM
Not realizing how many numerous games had far better launches in the mmo world of gaming.

Where's your point? I don't see it. My post was related to complaints about something that's been trying to fix the launch. Not whether or not other games have had better launches.

And really, I don't think the launch is bad anyways. Hacking hasn't affected me in any way, and I can bet you right now that it hasn't affected half of the people complaining about it.

Cypher_9
Jul 21, 2012, 08:44 PM

Lets add a song to this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8vqvN6O_SQ&feature=related

Wolfgrey666
Where's your point? I don't see it. My post was related to complaints about something that fixes the launch. Not whether or not other games have had better launches.

That was my point.This maint was to fix another hacking problem.

However its quite fair to have complaints about such constant maint when barely any other games have these issues in the mmo world.

Someone else mentioned FFXI but that game had terrible security in the first place and many issues to boot.

supersonix9
Lets add a song to this!

Picard Song - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDVwJxTECII)

Not bad.

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2012, 08:45 PM
Hey look an 18 page thread, did I miss anything?

Let me check a few pages

edit: nope, didn't miss shit

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 08:46 PM
@ Enforcer MKV, ZcRadier, pikachief

LOL KEEP GOING :D

Alright, you asked for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7SQMzdAoMs

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S CHIPTUNE! IT'S AWESOME!

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 08:46 PM
That was my point.This maint was to fix another hacking problem.

However its quite fair to have complaints about such constant maint when barely any other games have these issues in the mmo world.

Someone else mentioned FFXI but that game had terrible security in the first place and many issues to boot.

Unfair to complain about something that's going to eventually benefit you, or at least is making an attempt to?

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 08:47 PM
it's not hacking! it's exploiting, & it's not really complaining I'd say it's more a long the lines that people are just tired of all this since the game has launched, the way you are replying is implying the game is still in beta which it is clearly not, normally only betas have this much maintenance.

Wolfgrey666
Lets add a song to this!

Holy crap is that catchy.I like it.

ZcRaider
The playgrounds where I spent-

NO WE'RE NOT DOING THIS

/goes to draw...

Well my never ending song is still going but....I'l play along.

"Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbQo3IOC_A&feature=player_embedded

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 08:49 PM

Man, that's old. Still pull it up every now and again. <3 TNG.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 08:50 PM
Unfair to complain about something that's going to eventually benefit you, or at least is making an attempt to?

That is the thing.For many of us we have been excited for a very long time to play this game.Then you have the same issues from before popping up.Then you remember what happened with psu.Then you shake your head and hope to god they straighten their crap out.

When your sense of enjoyment in a game becomes linked to a company's ability to run a game, you would be a little antsy typically.

I truly want this game to straighten out quickly and get going really nice.But with gameguard and terrible security, it isn't happening any time soon, true?

So i think most of us have fair reason to complain.If anything just to vent.

Weaselheart
Jul 21, 2012, 08:53 PM
well...game is still on alpha, right? havent been released yet? or did it? anyhow. is kind of normal, sadly, that a gamethat is just starting, also invaded by outsider free players...Give sega some space here...

I mean, it sure sucks to finally sit down, and find out thre is another maintainance...At the same time, to be expected (just for now).

Once fully release, sega could copy SOE (sony online...) for example...DC universe online has DAILY maintainances, but they last from 15 to 20 minutes, barely influencing on player´s game time, and ensuring things are how they are suppossed to be...And we can all use a break of 15 or 20 mins...Don´t u agree?

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 08:54 PM
That is the thing.For many of us we have been excited for a very long time to play this game.Then you have the same issues from before popping up.Then you remember what happened with psu.Then you shake your head and hope to god they straighten their crap out.

When your sense of enjoyment in a game becomes linked to a company's ability to run a game, you would be a little antsy typically.

I truly want this game to straighten out quickly and get going really nice.But with gameguard and terrible security, it isn't happening any time soon, true?

Well, I guess complaining is reasonable in some ways.

Although I'm amazed that people do it when they should be thankful that they have the ability to play this game without living in Japan. I know of a few games that have IP blocks, and just about every Korean MMO company prevents foreigners from playing legally.

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
well...game is still on alpha, right? havent been released yet? or did it? anyhow. is kind of normal, sadly, that a gamethat is just starting, also invaded by outsider free players...Give sega some space here...

I mean, it sure sucks to finally sit down, and find out thre is another maintainance...At the same time, to be expected (just for now).

Once fully release, sega could copy SOE (sony online...) for example...DC universe online has DAILY maintainances, but they last from 15 to 20 minutes, barely influencing on player´s game time, and ensuring things are how they are suppossed to be...And we can all use a break of 15 or 20 mins...Don´t u agree?

Ermmm...Dude. Sega has published this game as full now, brah. Was open beta, now Sega has rushed it, wanting dat $$$. Seem familar anyone?

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
Well, I guess complaining is reasonable in some ways.

Although I'm amazed that people do it when they should be thankful that they have the ability to play this game without living in Japan. I know of a few games that have IP blocks, and just about every Korean game prevents foreigners from playing.

I simply do it because of the shape the game is in now.I would do the same if i was japanese honestly.Even if it was during my sleep or work time, i still would simply because i am unhappy with how it is being ran.That is all really.

Hell i played MHFO JP for a long time, i know what you mean.Had quite a few awesome japanese friends on there.I was grateful to be there.

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 08:59 PM
btw.......

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRdI7Yiifsc[/SPOILER-BOX]

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 08:59 PM
I simply do it because of the shape the game is in now.I would do the same if i was japanese honestly.Even if it was during my sleep or work time, i still would simply because i am unhappy with how it is being ran.That is all really.

Hell i played MHFO JP for a long time, i know what you mean.Had quite a few awesome japanese friends on there.I was grateful to be there.

Well regardless of what anyone's opinion on launch is, I think it's best to just stay positive instead of complaining.

Doesn't everyone have at least something else to do?

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
This thread's still going? Heh, go away to play Sins of a Solar Empire for an hour and a half and this is what I come back to. Fun!

Actually, this isn't too shabby. You guys carry on, I'll watch.

JeyKama
Jul 21, 2012, 09:03 PM
Geez, "dumbing down" of games? Games are too-casual friendly? No games to play? Get on GOG, get on Steam, check out Humble Bundle.

Personally, I don't have time for "hardcore" shenanigans anymore - every time I load up Ultima 7 I wish REALLY HARD that it had an ingame map at least - so I'll settle for the gear-management shenanigans of PSO2 for now. And when that's in maintenance, I'll load up Xenoblade Chronicles (a fairly recommendable JRPG for the Wii btw, just with a terrible interface).

Also, that blog article made me laugh - guy was looking for a witch to burn, set his eyes on MMOs. Let's pin youth violence on gaming while we're at it!

I guess it's cool to complain about unscheduled maintenance during nowhere-near-primetime in the only timezone that the game is officially released in though.

supersonix9
Since people are posting music....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uhXYSEit28&hd=1

Weaselheart
Ermmm...Dude. Sega has published this game as full now, brah. Was open beta, now Sega has rushed it, wanting dat $$$. Seem familar anyone?

Well, it sure has been rushed but i bet for their jp customers this is a more normal process that it might be for us??? i mean, im hating not being able to play but u know...this might be one of the many reasons the NA and Eu versions are to be released later on.

Im not excusing anyone, since i really dont know but if there is ia hacker issue involved...1, we are gonna pay for their actions...and 2, hackers can go eat sh*t anytime if u ask me...

Enforcer MKV
This thread's still going? Heh, go away to play Sins of a Solar Empire for an hour and a half and this is what I come back to. Fun!

Actually, this isn't too shabby. You guys carry on, I'll watch.

Yeah, actually, the music posting is fun. Cipher! when we get back in I'm giving you a big 'ol E-hug!

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 09:04 PM
Well regardless of what anyone's opinion on launch is, I think it's best to just stay positive instead of complaining.

Fair enough.I am positive and negative at the same time. I just vent a little at some potential that has been wasted or a image that could have been changed then happily play it as soon as it is back up.

Hell i am a Monster Hunter fan.We have more patience than almost any other game fan XD

I am still trying to decide what my third lets play will be.I am looking at these to do:

Minecraft Survival
Dungeon Siege
Dungeon Siege 2(maybe)
Diablo 2(big maybe)
Fallout New Vegas
Elder Scrolls Morrowind

Tough choices though i am leaning towards Dungeon Siege.I want to loot and kill :P

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 09:06 PM
Geez, "dumbing down" of games? Games are too-casual friendly? No games to play? Get on GOG, get on Steam, check out Humble Bundle.

Personally, I don't have time for "hardcore" shenanigans anymore - every time I load up Ultima 7 I wish REALLY HARD that it had an ingame map at least - so I'll settle for the gear-management shenanigans of PSO2 for now. And when that's in maintenance, I'll load up Xenoblade Chronicles (a fairly recommendable JRPG for the Wii btw, just with a terrible interface).

Also, that blog article made me laugh - guy was looking for a witch to burn, set his eyes on MMOs. Let's pin youth violence on gaming while we're at it!

I guess it's cool to complain about unscheduled maintenance during nowhere-near-primetime in the only timezone that the game is officially released in though.

I have Steam.I have many of those kind of titles.Or i simply don't have the money for anything atm and can't buy more on a whim.

I am a avid gamer, just a broke one XD

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 09:06 PM
Since people are posting music....

Nero - Electron - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uhXYSEit28&hd=1)

WE HAVE A NEW CHALLENGER!

hehe nice. Poppa likes.

Back at ya!

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1Mmnl-eUY&feature=related[/SPOILER-BOX]

P.S: You know...just realized that these two songs could be remixed to like a dub-step ish techno fusion. My crazy ears....

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 09:07 PM
WE HAVE A NEW CHALLENGER!

hehe nice. Poppa likes.

Back at ya!

[SPOILER-BOX]Super8 &amp; Tab - Elektra (Anjunabeats) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1Mmnl-eUY&feature=related)[/SPOILER-BOX]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q77LWPmAp4k

Laxedrane
Jul 21, 2012, 09:07 PM

I was rather irritated to hear we had a maintenance. Then I read this topic and I felt better. While I was rather bleh about how people are acting but their over reaction made me feel better. They were angry for me.^^

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IepxC4b00wk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IepxC4b00wk

A sample of music that i grew up with XD

P.S. Skip 30 seconds.

sugarFO
Jul 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
Why do people make excuses for gaming companies? Yeah this is F2P, but if they want us to invest in the game, or if we already are, they have to provide a stable service. People are okay with the way the gaming industry is conning us with half-complete games only to sell us DLC later, or bugs, or whatever? (Not just talking about PSO2 lol) I dunno, I just think consumers are just as much to blame as these companies for continually supporting mediocrity. O.o

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 09:10 PM
Why do people make excuses for gaming companies? Yeah this is F2P, but if they want us to invest in the game, or if we already are, they have to provide a stable service. People are okay with the way the gaming industry is conning us with half-complete games only to sell us DLC later, or bugs, or whatever? (Not just talking about PSO2 lol) I dunno, I just think consumers are just as much to blame as these companies for continually supporting mediocrity. O.o

One of the main reasons i am quite picky about my games these days XD

JeyKama
Jul 21, 2012, 09:11 PM
I have Steam.I have many of those kind of titles.Or i simply don't have the money for anything atm and can't buy more on a whim.

I am a avid gamer, just a broke one XD

Go to Steam's F2P page then :p So many I just don't have time to play because I like "finishing" games.

Hawken can't come out fast enough for me - I need some large robot action.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 21, 2012, 09:11 PM

Well I'm actually posing from my phone at a restaurant while waiting for the food they're taking forever here.

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 09:12 PM
Dream Pop. A little on the weird side, but some might like it. Gets good at :20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-l4Qj1U9I

Guy's great. Takes movies and makes songs out of mash-ups.

pikachief
Jul 21, 2012, 09:13 PM

I love DOOM and Turok 2, the Portal and Half Life series, Serious Sam series, and others. Those are all very fun, hectic, creative, and difficult FPS games. Turok 2 is my favorite because of how different it is and the awesome weapons in the game.

Casuals and trying to make games to fit in a certain category (i personally blame trying to make games realistic; if all games are more realistic, they all seem to blend together). When you want all your games to have plausible guns you miss out on fun guns like Cerebral Bore, BFG9000, and the Serious Cannon. (this is where i believe that borderlands missed an opportunity. They didn't take a big enough risk on making their weapons more interesting. They, for the most part, just seemed like variations of real type weaponry with elements)

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 09:18 PM
Dream Pop. A little on the weird side, but some might like it. Gets good at :20

Pogo - Meetings At The Meadow - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-l4Qj1U9I)

Guy's great. Takes movies and makes songs out of mash-ups.

Must....resist...urge....to spam....Megaman tunes.

Guh, I'm on a MM trip right now, excuse me. ^^;

ZcRaider
COMBO BREAKER!!!

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwjiYDEdvkk[/SPOILER-BOX]

LaEspada
Funny how when i get back from work, I see this.... hehe...meh
Well guess i gotta wait 2 more hours then :D

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 09:19 PM
Must....resist...urge....to spam....Megaman tunes.

Guh, I'm on a MM trip right now, excuse me. ^^;

I'll do it for you then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSK8ZVU6Zg

Crimson Exile
Jul 21, 2012, 09:21 PM
One of the main reasons i am quite picky about my games these days XD
Good videos. Just wish you got more into the game while you played. Bu its good overall

Mikura
Jul 21, 2012, 09:21 PM
I love DOOM and Turok 2, the Portal and Half Life series, Serious Sam series, and others. Those are all very fun, hectic, creative, and difficult FPS games. Turok 2 is my favorite because of how different it is and the awesome weapons in the game.

Casuals and trying to make games to fit in a certain category (i personally blame trying to make games realistic; if all games are more realistic, they all seem to blend together). When you want all your games to have plausible guns you miss out on fun guns like Cerebral Bore, BFG9000, and the Serious Cannon. (this is where i believe that borderlands missed an opportunity. They didn't take a big enough risk on making their weapons more interesting. They, for the most part, just seemed like variations of real type weaponry with elements)

And this is why I blame realism for most of your newer games looking, playing, and feeling the same.

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 09:22 PM
COMBO BREAKER!!! (Sonic '06)

[SPOILER-BOX]Combo Breaker Sparta Remix - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwjiYDEdvkk)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Yeah, but the OST sure didn't suck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUQ_5aDDR08&hd=1

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 09:23 PM
I'll do it for you then.

Mega Man X: Command Mission OST, T40: Glacial Activity ~ Melda Ore Plant (Ferham) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSK8ZVU6Zg)

You....you FIEND....I....

Oh, you all brought this on yourselves. -_-

REMIX TIME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMgMn0KQgXA

Zekester
Jul 21, 2012, 09:24 PM
I blame Broomop.

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 09:24 PM
You....you FIEND....I....

Oh, you all brought this on yourselves. -_-

REMIX TIME!

Rockman zero Departure- Mythos remix - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMgMn0KQgXA)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lQK3JAaN5M

Mikura
Jul 21, 2012, 09:27 PM
Mega Man X5 OST, T10: Izzy Glow / Shining Hotarunicus Stage (Laser Lab ~ Fortress Lab Infiltration!) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lQK3JAaN5M)

My favorite stage in MMX5 only because that music kicked ass.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 21, 2012, 09:27 PM
Mega Man X5 OST, T10: Izzy Glow / Shining Hotarunicus Stage (Laser Lab ~ Fortress Lab Infiltration!) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lQK3JAaN5M)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5TanI96EdE

Also: are the servers really back up? o.o

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 09:28 PM
Sonic Generations music-game mash-up I made. Yes, the game is a little laggy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPx8zIAwOCI&feature=plcp

ZcRaider
Jul 21, 2012, 09:29 PM
What would the world be like without youtube! lol.

Well im hangin up my gloves. Dis my final one today...me thinkz....

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeJV0vJI3w&feature=related[/SPOILER-BOX]

pikachief
Jul 21, 2012, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jJZA-O_B78

been listening to different variations of this song for a while.

(piano, 8-bit, orchestrated)

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 09:31 PM
What would the world be like without youtube! lol.

Well im hangin up my gloves. Dis my final one today...me thinkz....

[SPOILER-BOX]Pendulum-Granite[NFS Undercover] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZeJV0vJI3w&feature=related)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh, you like Pendulum? Watch the video I just posted. Best Pendulum song ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL55LGZnwWQ

Blastifyys
Jul 21, 2012, 09:33 PM
i partially agree with you but sega only fixes the problem not whats causing it

DonMakaveli
Jul 21, 2012, 09:33 PM
As a computer engineer and a programmer i gotta say this whole thread is such a load of bs lol except for the musics especially the mega man's one. Really i'm not a fan of SEGA as a company tbh but do you guys have any idea what are you actually blamming SEGA for?

Let me give you a little insight about what a programmer needs to think while doing any application that involves human interface.

In a perfect world a programmer didn't had to be constantly thinking about human stupidity, so here's a basic example.

PERFECT WORLD

application : asks the user to input a number between 1-9
user : 7
output : OK

OUR WORLD

user : TROLOLOLO
output : ERROR ERROR ERROR

as a programmer you need to KNOW that humans are gonna do stupid things, so you do exceptions to keep the application working when that happens, this is ofc very easy to do and very easy to think of on such basic applications.

In a game, where's there's thousands and thousands of code lines do you really expect programmers to think about every possible stupid shit users will do? NO, do you really think the guy programming a simple NPC is thinking about bugs that'll involve people moving an npc? Although if the programmers had used another type of object as an npc..... STILL..

this is not hacking, plus this is not gameguard's issue by any means. SEGA can only be blamed for not finding about this while testing the game, and yet why do you turn against SEGA? There's idiots doing this, they don't hack, they are dumb trolls, they join the game just to make everyone else miserable and then claim they wanna be heard.. they are annoying lil brats like kids on airplanes, who cares the flight will be over in 2 hours, sure they annoy but who gives a f?

Instead of blaming SEGA blame the ones who are doing this, maybe they'll stop thinking they are doing us any good.

Zyrusticae
Jul 21, 2012, 09:37 PM
DonMakaveli speaks truth and his post should be enshrined forevermore as an example unto us all.

Seriously, people underestimate the complexity of these kinds of problems way too often. If only it were so easy...

Retehi
Jul 21, 2012, 09:51 PM
http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/lesigh.gif

supersonix9
Jul 21, 2012, 09:52 PM
http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/lesigh.gif

Tired, mate?

Wolfgrey666
Jul 21, 2012, 09:59 PM
Good videos. Just wish you got more into the game while you played. Bu its good overall

I am trying to, i get more into them as i go.I kinda failed when it came to Rage though XD

Mikura
Jul 21, 2012, 10:06 PM
All you guys posting such awesome music. I couldn't resist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16qwxXFyLz8

KOLZ
Jul 21, 2012, 10:29 PM
lol if you people wanna cry about a game that is f2p of all things when it goes down you should see this piece of trash game called starwars the old republic. Beside dying so badly they had to merge all the server to a very small amount they always go down for maintenance every few days. When a major patch comes out they go down every night in a row and even when they don't have a major patch it's every other few days. Now that is something to cry about since people have to pay for that game.

Cypher_9
Jul 21, 2012, 10:44 PM
I love you guise for keeping up the good music!

And the insight from the computer programmer :D

Chik'Tikka
Jul 21, 2012, 11:55 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
As a computer engineer and a programmer i gotta say this whole thread is such a load of bs lol except for the musics especially the mega man's one. Really i'm not a fan of SEGA as a company tbh but do you guys have any idea what are you actually blamming SEGA for?

Let me give you a little insight about what a programmer needs to think while doing any application that involves human interface.

In a perfect world a programmer didn't had to be constantly thinking about human stupidity, so here's a basic example.

PERFECT WORLD

OUR WORLD

user : TROLOLOLO
output : ERROR ERROR ERROR

as a programmer you need to KNOW that humans are gonna do stupid things, so you do exceptions to keep the application working when that happens, this is ofc very easy to do and very easy to think of on such basic applications.

In a game, where's there's thousands and thousands of code lines do you really expect programmers to think about every possible stupid shit users will do? NO, do you really think the guy programming a simple NPC is thinking about bugs that'll involve people moving an npc? Although if the programmers had used another type of object as an npc..... STILL..

this is not hacking, plus this is not gameguard's issue by any means. SEGA can only be blamed for not finding about this while testing the game, and yet why do you turn against SEGA? There's idiots doing this, they don't hack, they are dumb trolls, they join the game just to make everyone else miserable and then claim they wanna be heard.. they are annoying lil brats like kids on airplanes, who cares the flight will be over in 2 hours, sure they annoy but who gives a f?

Instead of blaming SEGA blame the ones who are doing this, maybe they'll stop thinking they are doing us any good.[/SPOILER-BOX]

omg... that's almost a perfect qoute of what my programming instructor said on the 1st day of class+^_^+ except he said

application : asks the user to input a number between 0-9

OUR WORLD

application : asks the user to input a number between 0-9
user : Seven
output : crash (unless error message programed)

your uncanny DonMakaveli +^_^+ anyway, i blame GameGuard's Swiss cheese protection more then anything Sega did+^_^+ also, all these hackers, wouldn't their time be better spent helping Agra and co. on that English patch????

Totori
Jul 22, 2012, 12:08 AM
[SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

omg... that's almost a perfect qoute of what my programming instructor said on the 1st day of class+^_^+ except he said

your uncanny DonMakaveli +^_^+ anyway, i blame GameGuard's Swiss cheese protection more then anything Sega did+^_^+ also, all these hackers, wouldn't their time be better spent helping Agra and co. on that English patch????

Well no, because they aren't that type of "hackers" script kiddie might fit better. Most of them are only using a hex editing program.

supersonix9
Jul 22, 2012, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWAcgefsQQ&hd=1

Chik'Tikka
Jul 22, 2012, 12:20 AM
Well no, because they aren't that type of "hackers" script kiddie might fit better. Most of them are only using a hex editing program.

really?? accessing and modifying data server side to move NPCs with hex editors? OK, Sega, it's not 1998 anymore+^_^+ oh, and if your talking about those kids using CE to walk through walls, yeah, i doubt CE can move NPCs around outside of the local environment (and that's something GG should deal with)+^_^+

Totori
Jul 22, 2012, 01:34 AM
really?? accessing and modifying data server side to move NPCs with hex editors? OK, Sega, it's not 1998 anymore+^_^+ oh, and if your talking about those kids using CE to walk through walls, yeah, i doubt CE can move NPCs around outside of the local environment (and that's something GG should deal with)+^_^+

Yep, CE is a beast if you know what you are doing that is. Getting past GG is pretty simple. But give SEGA sometime, they'll figure something smart out, they always do after all.

VPedge
Jul 22, 2012, 04:15 AM
This thread....

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/GhostGrendel/OrsenWellesClapping.gif

Has provided me with the best entertainment such delicious Tears and rage even brought in the lol hipster gamer. Yes this joke thread is the best thing since slice butter. Stay Free guys.