PDA

View Full Version : Are the patches ALWAYS going to take forever?

Necrolance
Jul 22, 2012, 02:13 AM
I've gone through at least two maintenances now, the second one I haven't updated after yet. I have to know... Is it just the distance from the server, my internet(5 mbps), or is it just they're making huge patches every time? The first patch took me a couple hours just to play for the first time, and maybe half that for the first one after that. I'm worried about how long this one will take, and so I'm going to wait until morning, but... Who else is constantly dealing with this problem?

Daiyousei
Jul 22, 2012, 02:20 AM
It can also be how many people are flooding the servers for the update. I remember back in the Open beta and prerelease patching, took me hours.

Omisan
Jul 22, 2012, 02:21 AM
Sounds like that 5mbps is the problem. The first patch you have to get does take a while. But the ones since then have been real quick. The one today was very fast. But i have 54mbps.

Necrolance
Jul 22, 2012, 02:23 AM
Well, I'd have my mom upgrade the internet, but... It's part of a package and that'd likely really raise the price for it. The fact that she's a single parent doesn't help any. I guess I'll just have to bear with it, for now.

ScottyMango
Jul 22, 2012, 03:02 AM
The patches never take more than 15-20 minutes for me, aside from the first one.

Ana-Chan
Jul 22, 2012, 06:18 AM
Sounds like that 5mbps is the problem. The first patch you have to get does take a while. But the ones since then have been real quick. The one today was very fast. But i have 54mbps.

In this case it has nothing to do with that. SEGA has actually capped the patch server so that it will only transfer at 300KB/s, which is around 2.5MBPS.

I've gone through at least two maintenances now, the second one I haven't updated after yet. I have to know... Is it just the distance from the server, my internet(5 mbps), or is it just they're making huge patches every time? The first patch took me a couple hours just to play for the first time, and maybe half that for the first one after that. I'm worried about how long this one will take, and so I'm going to wait until morning, but... Who else is constantly dealing with this problem?

SEGA recommend that you patch between the times of 2AM and 4PM JST because at other times the patch server is busy. So try patching at around those times and see if it helps any. I think the normal issue with the patching process is the file check.