PDA

View Full Version : Launcher eternal issue

Weaselheart
Jul 22, 2012, 09:03 AM
Donīt get me wrong, but I really start to loose all the optimism when after every maintainance, my entire game break, and i have to uninstal, reinstall, and wait for the near eternal patch, to have a 1 use chance to play the game, since normally, after closing it, the launcher breaks again, or some stupid sh*t that i dont know, happens and disables the launcher (and my good mood)...

Really, i must have reinstalled and done the whole process over 10 times un around a week...

Anyone has an alternative less painful way of doing it??? since until now, i only had to replace some files i had zipped aside, as the launcher, the pso.exe and 2 more...but since the game seems to have updated...I guess those files went useless...

Please, excuse my english, and if anyone knows what im talking about or can (want) to help me out, i would appreciate it...

(Edit) Now simply doesnt work at all...it installs, and the very launcher icon, appears as broken, so now I cant even update...

Cyclon
Jul 22, 2012, 10:15 AM
Reinstalling is useless from my experience. In any case, this time around replacing the exe file with this one worked for me:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2280026/pso2exe.zip

Courtesy of DarK-SuN:)

Arios
Jul 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
Donīt get me wrong, but I really start to loose all the optimism when after every maintainance, my entire game break, and i have to uninstal, reinstall, and wait for the near eternal patch, to have a 1 use chance to play the game, since normally, after closing it, the launcher breaks again, or some stupid sh*t that i dont know, happens and disables the launcher (and my good mood)...

Really, i must have reinstalled and done the whole process over 10 times un around a week...

Anyone has an alternative less painful way of doing it??? since until now, i only had to replace some files i had zipped aside, as the launcher, the pso.exe and 2 more...but since the game seems to have updated...I guess those files went useless...

Please, excuse my english, and if anyone knows what im talking about or can (want) to help me out, i would appreciate it...

(Edit) Now simply doesnt work at all...it installs, and the very launcher icon, appears as broken, so now I cant even update...

Yep, i have the same problem and it's really frustrating indeed. Managed to solve it by using DarK-SuN's patched .exe files, just copy-pasting his files with my older ones.

Currently, Ana-chan is trying to solve this problem. What's your Windows UI and non-unicode language? Maybe it has something to do with this nightmare. Hope we get through this and while we can't, we have some wonderful people uploading their patched files to us, they're really nice and i really can't thank them enough.

Here are the topics you can read to gather some info:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198654
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198573
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198576

Tukky
Jul 22, 2012, 10:30 AM
Same here. Guess it's just something i have to tolerate. -_-

ScottyMango
Jul 22, 2012, 10:33 AM
I must be the lucky one. PSO2 has run like a dream from day one for me. I haven't gotten a single error, and I even fucked up the install by doing a system restore, but even that was fixable by clicking the file check.

Weaselheart
Jul 22, 2012, 11:02 AM
thx all for the replies, Iīll make sure to gather all the possible info around what u gave me...

So far, as a temporary fix, I had to simple send it to a different root folder, since if I reinstalled on the defaut folder, it wouldnt even allow me to run the launcher...now, on a different location, got installed, and patching...lets hope it works fine...

Thx a lot again, i would be lost without the comminity of this forum :)

Vintasticvin
Jul 22, 2012, 11:30 AM
@_@ LE GASP ITS THEIR WEIRD IDEA OF A IP BLOCK!!!! They dont block our IPs they just make the launcher so frustrating that us "Gaijins" get ticked off and just say "Y'know what eff pso2 I'll wait for regionals"

texhnolyze
Jul 22, 2012, 11:34 AM
it seems that the problem is within your game client
mine is fine, i never need to do a file check or reinstall