PDA

View Full Version : Has the "English patch" been talked about since open beta?

CultOfPersonality
Jul 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
Any idea if it's still "in the works"?

Haven't heard or seen a thing since the NA announcement.

Macman
Jul 22, 2012, 09:58 AM
Nope.

FenixStryk
Jul 22, 2012, 10:01 AM
It's essentially not going to happen due to the new encryption on the game files. Don't expect it.

CultOfPersonality
Jul 22, 2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah I don't expect it anyway just went dead after awhile.

I think the first encryption was probably incredibly easy and all these fake wannabe programmers, couldn't actually do anything with a real encryption.

Peejay
Jul 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
Most people who actually wanted the patch itself have quit PSO2 completely in order to wait for the stateside release of the game, anyways. What's the point? As a result, I've been abandoned by a load of friends, too.

BIG OLAF
Jul 22, 2012, 10:07 AM
and other people have quit PSO2 for reasons unrelated to the US/EU version. They just sort of up and left without a word. Who knows why.

But yeah, EN patch probably not going to happen.

Vashyron
Jul 22, 2012, 10:13 AM
Yeah I don't expect it anyway just went dead after awhile.

I think the first encryption was probably incredibly easy and all these fake wannabe programmers, couldn't actually do anything with a real encryption.

Hurrrr, it's been figured out since May which by the way
what they did with v4 was pretty overkill, some encrypted 3 times some twice & compressedThe problem is re-encrypting them or the preferred method of getting the game to accept the files in a unencrypted state.

It's still being worked on, expect it "soon," etc.

ScottyMango
Jul 22, 2012, 10:36 AM

Alright man, why don't you show up those 'fake wannabe programmers' and release that your own patch? It's incredibly easy, right?

Powder Keg
Jul 22, 2012, 10:40 AM
Wouldn't it be pointless with the amount of times the game's being patched currently anyway? I'd assume people would wait until that starts slowing down a bit...unless that has less to do with it than I'm picturing.

ScottyMango
Jul 22, 2012, 10:43 AM
I don't think that matters anymore. They changed the encryption for each alpha/beta, but not for each patch.

Tenlade
Jul 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
We don't really know because they dropped off the face of the earth. They said they didn't want sega knowing what they are doing (since Sega is confirmed knowing the english patch exists) but as a result, we're seeing absolutely no updates from them.

Honestly, You should not care about the english patch either way, since story and supposedly item names are server side. This means that all an english patch can help with are some menus, which arent hard to figure out with all the icons this game has as well as all the guides that take a 10 second glance to understand.

If you want, you could see if that IRC in psumods is actually used and ask them what thier plans are since an english version is released.

edit: oh hey, a new post on some stuff thats in game. not really pertatining to the patch, but shows they're doing something i guess.

Lostbob117
Jul 22, 2012, 12:11 PM
As Vashyron said, it's being worked on.

xBladeM6x
Jul 22, 2012, 12:48 PM
Hurrrr, it's been figured out since May which by the way The problem is re-encrypting them or the preferred method of getting the game to accept the files in a unencrypted state.

It's still being worked on, expect it "soon," etc.

From what I read, it's exactly this. However the person I talked to, doesn't exactly seem too optimistic about this whole thing going through, considering the difficulty of the above mentioned process.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 22, 2012, 12:54 PM
From what I read, it's exactly this. However the person I talked to, doesn't exactly seem too optimistic about this whole thing going through, considering the difficulty of the above mentioned process.

lol, this is gonna end up like the english trasnlation patch for shuffle

gamepatch se trolled billions of weeaboos for like, the course of 2 years

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 22, 2012, 03:35 PM
I can see how the general public can feel about this but like other have said Sega is aware of this so....in a way....have to be rather careful how you handle the situation...

When the time comes they'll say something

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
Gonna laugh if they code the english release different in such a way that it's impossible to just hot swap the files. Or maybe just have them different file sizes which auto bans you for using a client that is not as big or small as it should be.

moorebounce
Jul 22, 2012, 04:20 PM
At this point I don't care if one comes out now. If they released one I would use it though but I'm not holding my breath. I can pretty much get around the menus as they are now. I just know when they release the NA/EU version there will be more stuff to love.

AC9breaker
Jul 22, 2012, 07:59 PM
Most people who actually wanted the patch itself have quit PSO2 completely in order to wait for the stateside release of the game, anyways. What's the point? As a result, I've been abandoned by a load of friends, too.

The solution is simple, join the US/EU servers when they drop! <(*^o^)>

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 22, 2012, 10:13 PM
Gonna laugh if they code the english release different in such a way that it's impossible to just hot swap the files. Or maybe just have them different file sizes which auto bans you for using a client that is not as big or small as it should be.

Like when new technology comes out.....wait for "reviews" or in this case...wait for someone to say they got banned for it :-P

Jokes aside hope doesn't come to that

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 22, 2012, 10:44 PM
Theres really no reason for them to bother now, with the NA release coming

All it would translate is the menus, which are easy as hell to navigate anyway. It wont translate items, weapons, units or npc dialogue, as that's all loaded in from server side anyway.

Most likely they're holding off and staying quiet to wait until the english version hits and then say 'oh well, now that the eng versions out just use that guys'

For what very little the patch translates, it really isn't worth the effort tbh. I wouldn't blame them for not bothering.

kantaris
Jul 22, 2012, 11:34 PM
based on xentax and psumods, do not expect an English patch.
Just play the game by saying "oh hey I learned what this picture means/does" like the rest of us.

ohka
Jul 22, 2012, 11:37 PM
lol, this is gonna end up like the english trasnlation patch for shuffle

gamepatch se trolled billions of weeaboos for like, the course of 2 years

im sure that there was billions. lol wait that ight be abit high. also weeaboos can read the screen so i dont think they got trolled just saying

ChronoTrigga
Jul 22, 2012, 11:43 PM
Well seeing as how the world is going to end in December, I'll stick with the JP version.

ohka
Jul 22, 2012, 11:48 PM
Well seeing as how the world is going to end in December, I'll stick with the JP version.

yeah i was hoping they would wait till they had something for NA before but thye kinda just went FU get a pc lol

Bradders
Jul 23, 2012, 06:01 AM

Oh yea you just reminded me, i must find that list of things to do... now where did i put that.

Peejay
Jul 23, 2012, 07:38 AM
The solution is simple, join the US/EU servers when they drop! <(*^o^)>

That's a funny joke ahahaha no.

Unless Sega of America publishes their own legitimate roadplan that shows them not sticking a gigantic dong into every part of the game like they have the past few, I really don't have much interest in it.

Weretigar
Jul 24, 2012, 09:56 AM
Essens team has never, ever,ever finished any project they have ever worked on. Most of the stuff that they have worked on was used from other sources and volunteers that he has taken credit for. All his project go on hiatus about 3 months in and get dragged on forever.

If you want to play the game in English wait for the NA/EU release.

Vashyron
Jul 24, 2012, 10:22 AM
Essens team has never, ever,ever finished any project they have ever worked on. Most of the stuff that they have worked on was used from other sources and volunteers that he has taken credit for. All his project go on hiatus about 3 months in and get dragged on forever.

If you want to play the game in English wait for the NA/EU release.

Wat. "Essen's Team?"

Last 2 Things I remember Essen even doing is releasing the PSP2i Visiphone Codes along with penopata, plus the ongoing PSU Private Server. (Sure, that's not done.) Now working on a Database for PSO2, Arkive.

Then you have Agrajag working on the client stuff on PSU and PSO2 with help from scriptkiddie making things accessible.

Care to expand on what you said there, more so on the credit stealing part?

Lostbob117
Jul 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
Wat. "Essen's Team?"

Last 2 Things I remember Essen even doing is releasing the PSP2i Visiphone Codes along with penopata, plus the ongoing PSU Private Server. (Sure, that's not done.) Now working on a Database for PSO2, Arkive.

Then you have Agrajag working on the client stuff on PSU and PSO2 with help from scriptkiddie making things accessible.

Care to expand on what you said there, more so on the credit stealing part?

Also if I recall correctly, Essen is pretty much remaking psu and making alone. (Maybe 1 or 2 people helping, don't know.)

Weretigar
Jul 24, 2012, 12:08 PM
Newzero made the psu server essens team just translated it to erlang format and had very mean things to say about newzero. No real progress has been done on the server sense then. Every time another well know modders name was given to essen to contact for help to get the ball rolling his team just talked crap about them.

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
You guys haven't memorized everything yet...?

Only takes like... a day or two...

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 12:26 PM
Well seeing as how the world is going to end in December, I'll stick with the JP version.Someone who is a little more informed might know that they found a new mayan calendar that completely invalidates "end of the world" claims in December 2012.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/story/2012-05-08/maya-apocalypse-calendar-2012/54879760/1

The more you know.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 24, 2012, 12:32 PM
Newzero made the psu server essens team just translated it to erlang format and had very mean things to say about newzero. No real progress has been done on the server sense then. Every time another well know modders name was given to essen to contact for help to get the ball rolling his team just talked crap about them.

Very trustworthy post from someone who only created their account to spread false info and couldn't bother to spell "tiger" correctly.

watashiwa
Jul 24, 2012, 12:59 PM
Also if I recall correctly, Essen is pretty much remaking psu and making alone. (Maybe 1 or 2 people helping, don't know.)
They're not going to get very far. The state of the PSU server is the same place it has been in for at least a year. (Maybe more, I forget how long it's been since the first PSU test server.)

You guys should really not get your hopes up. Just because there was great success with PSO (due to the weak encryption plus a lot of logging and more things happening client side), doesn't mean there will be the same type of success with PSU.

I highly doubt a functioning PSU server, even to the point of being able to run one mission, will ever surface. But do enjoy that character creation and running around the lobby.

Mystil
Jul 24, 2012, 01:00 PM

Yeah, pretty much. People want the private server up and other things but no one else wants to step up and help out.

Vashyron
Jul 24, 2012, 01:04 PM

It was actually written from scratch in Erlang, it was also completely re-written again at one point to improve it, nothing translated from that other server. One thing I do know that got used at the start was the Packet Log of the English side Newzero got helped with a few days before shutdown.

Also what Great modders? You are aware Essen's one is Open Source unlike Newzero's, if anyone else wanted to help or complete the project because it's taking too long to their liking, there you go if you have the skills.

Not sure why you keep mentioning some sort of Team either, Essen is the only one coding the server any other work done by others is mostly unrelated client side stuff which is handy to know, yes, but ultimately he's the only person doing it. Which brings me to the point that it makes little sense to lump together these people as some sort of team as a reason not to expect the EN patch to be done.

Oh which brings me to another point, the decryptor for decrypting PSO2 ICE Files is public, want to help the EN patch? Go help Agrajag figure out how get the game to accept Un-encrypted files back in or alternatively a way to Re-encrypt the files.

I highly doubt a functioning PSU server, even to the point of being able to run one mission, will ever surface. But do enjoy that character creation and running around the lobby.

You could run Missions (though everything was a one hit kill) before the server was re-written. All it takes is someone who has the knowledge and time on their hands to get it working condition.

metatime
Jul 24, 2012, 01:29 PM
It was actually written from scratch in Erlang, it was also completely re-written again at one point to improve it, nothing translated from that other server. One thing I do know that got used at the start was the Packet Log of the English side Newzero got helped with a few days before shutdown.

Also what Great modders? You are aware Essen's one is Open Source unlike Newzero's, if anyone else wanted to help or complete the project because it's taking too long to their liking, there you go if you have the skills.

Not sure why you keep mentioning some sort of Team either, Essen is the only one coding the server any other work done by others is mostly unrelated client side stuff which is handy to know, yes, but ultimately he's the only person doing it. Which brings me to the point that it makes little sense to lump together these people as some sort of team as a reason not to expect the EN patch to be done.

Oh which brings me to another point, the decryptor for decrypting PSO2 ICE Files is public, want to help the EN patch? Go help Agrajag figure out how get the game to accept Un-encrypted files back in or alternatively a way to Re-encrypt the files.

You could run Missions (though everything was a one hit kill) before the server was re-written. All it takes is someone who has the knowledge and time on their hands to get it working condition.

Writing with no source code and building it from the ground up with no documentation takes forever. Even if there is knowledge, the knowledge is very little and doesn't get passed around and time wise, well you have to have a lot of time. This isn't PSO, PSO was a kiddy hack fest, anyone with a computer and some knowledge can modify values. Some programmers are more skillful so they can build the PSO server end but when games start becoming more online dependent (MMOs, etc), it's a whole different ball game and requires a team to build it instead of a single programmer.

If PSU was more popular like WoW, I'm sure the resources and talent will start coming in but unfortunately that won't happen.

Ryoten
Jul 24, 2012, 02:26 PM

Can't say everyone is up to speed on learning Rock. Thanks to CBT & the patch, I memorized the important things in the game. If I didn't, there's always trial & error. & if not that....Bumped.org. ^^

oifjustus
Jul 24, 2012, 02:32 PM
Can't wait approximately 10 months for the English release?

moorebounce
Jul 24, 2012, 02:34 PM

I know I did but I'm still missing the little things. Stuff I don't use on a regular basis and stuff that hasn't been translated. I know there were things in the game that I thought wasn't becasue it wasn't translated or talked about.

I can't wait til they release the NA/EU version. I'll keep my JP version just incase they start giving them everything first.

KOLZ
Jul 24, 2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah I am pretty close to unistalling pso2 due nothing being understood. It's really killing the mood of the game and probably will wait it out for the NA version.