Jul 22, 2012, 03:52 PM
Is ban permanent? *breaks down into tears and cries*

Blastifyys
Jul 22, 2012, 03:53 PM
whoa you got banned for what i see you in lobby all the time chillin

pikachief
Jul 22, 2012, 03:55 PM
whoa you got banned for what i see you in lobby all the time chillin

that's what she got banned for. Apparently people who just sit AFK in the lobby have been getting banned. I've seen multiple warnings from people here saying not to AFK for this reason, but I have no seen it enough for it to be totally aware by everyone :/

Sorry, I don't know if its perm. or not.

(I'm also unsure on the exact reason why)

drizzle
Jul 22, 2012, 03:55 PM
Hopefully.

that's what she got banned for. Apparently people who just sit AFK in the lobby have been getting banned. I've seen multiple warnings from people here saying not to AFK for this reason, but I have no seen it enough for it to be totally aware by everyone :/

This person was definitely not "just chillin" and to be honest I'm rather disappoint that it took ST so long to banhammer them.

Kirukia
Jul 22, 2012, 03:56 PM
Send in an appeal.
Make sure it's in japanese though.

redroses
Jul 22, 2012, 03:58 PM

I heard it's because some people will move your character outside of the window while being afk and send in reports that you are a hacker.

I really wish there were more warnings around, but a lot of people don't really believe it's happening.

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 03:58 PM
I thought players that went afk were being moved outside into space, and players were reporting them as hackers?

edit: beaten

Still though, if this is REALLY the case and you're not being banned for just AFKing then that's messed up. Even if you'r being banned for AFKing there should at least be a warning notice.

Fox2Tails
Jul 22, 2012, 04:00 PM
I heard it's because some people will move your character outside of the window while being afk and send it reports that you are a hacker.

This. Best to avoid lobby 20 for now

Vashyron
Jul 22, 2012, 04:00 PM
I really wish there were more warnings around, but a lot of people don't really believe it's happening.

Apparently Sega doesn't either or doesn't care, if they are so quick to ban people being reported to have been seen in unreachable places.

They have acknowledged NPCs being able to be moved around, not players though.

Edit: Though I wouldn't be surprised if OP got banned for anything else, considering their character name.

pikachief
Jul 22, 2012, 04:02 PM
This. Best to avoid lobby 20 for now

The hackers/modders/scripters are on more than just lobby 20. It would also be best to avoid going AFK. It would also help traffic flow better! (those who actually wanna play would have better chances at playing with people on the highest populated english server)

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
Out of curiosity sexyslut, did you buy anything with AC? I'm wondering if the instabans are only for F2Pers (maybe even just non-JP F2Pers), and if paying customers are getting more of an investigation than just a look at a screenshot.

HFlowen
Jul 22, 2012, 04:07 PM
From what a more Japanese member of the Fro Council has told me, the system will actually auto-ban you if X amount of grief reports are made, but idunnolol.

She also offered to type up an appeal in Japanese if you want me to bug her for one.

EDIT: sexysluttybitch right? Yea, I've seen you out in space on several occasions. As well as a bunch of other AFK dancers.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 04:11 PM
Is ban permanent? *breaks down into tears and cries*

It could be idling in the lobby and having someone move your avatar out the window, pictochat art, or for being so unnaturally... endowed. You can call them real all you want, but until I PERSONALLY check you for, ahem, cancer, we won't know for sure!

Best thing to do is appeal. Make sure it's in Japanese. Better if you can find a japanese speaker to write it for you to copy and paste. Google translate, for something like this... will.. probably not work.

Do let us know what happened! ;_;

sexyslut
Jul 22, 2012, 04:13 PM
Yes I did buy AC. x.x

@HFlowen

REALLY!?!?! She would do that for me? I would be greatly indebted! And yea I'm SSB in game.

HFlowen
Jul 22, 2012, 04:18 PM
Yes I did buy AC. x.x

@HFlowen

REALLY!?!?! She would do that for me? I would be greatly indebted! And yea I'm SSB in game.

This is Keyo's pso-w account, but I don't think she's used it. Leave a message, I'll bug her in game when she wakes up.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=74854

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 04:19 PM
Oh geeze they're banning paying customers who aren't even hacking, this is pretty bad then.

MissMalice
Jul 22, 2012, 04:20 PM
I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around today. D:
Would me writing an appeal as well to help get her unbanned do anything?
I know we don't know each other very well, but I see you all the time in the lobby~
If anyone has a link to how I can send an appeal, please share!

KEV1N
Jul 22, 2012, 04:28 PM

Players are being banned because a couple of brats are somehow putting them outside the ship and then reporting THEM as hackers. It doesn't matter if you're AFK or not. It doesn't matter if you've purchased AC. It doesn't matter to those idiots at Sega that these reports are coming from two arseholes who have been previously banned for cheating (I have no idea how they're back in the game, same ID and everything). On your screen everything will appear normal, to everyone else you'll be outiside, most likely dancing.
The only way the vicitim will know they've been placed outside is if someone tells them.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you as well, SSB. :-(

sexyslut
Jul 22, 2012, 04:30 PM
OK, sent Keyo a message.

@BRS

This is the page I think for that kinda stuff. :C I R SO SAD :C

https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=inquiry

@Edit - Well I guess I'll get a second shot when the NA version is released. Not all hope is lost!

Ce'Nedra
Jul 22, 2012, 04:34 PM
So from now on people should log out, go to their room if they are premium or create a game, lock it and sit in the camp ship to go afk. Only way to be sure you won't get moved.

Also these two hackers move to other blocks as well. Someone in my guild saw one of them at the gate in block 21. Be warned.

Geistritter
Jul 22, 2012, 04:38 PM
Can't say as I'll miss seeing that name around.

pikachief
Jul 22, 2012, 04:40 PM
Players are being banned because a couple of brats are somehow putting them outside the ship and then reporting THEM as hackers. It doesn't matter if you're AFK or not. It doesn't matter if you've purchased AC. It doesn't matter to those idiots at Sega that these reports are coming from two arseholes who have been previously banned for cheating (I have no idea how they're back in the game, same ID and everything). On your screen everything will appear normal, to everyone else you'll be outiside, most likely dancing.
The only way the vicitim will know they've been placed outside is if someone tells them.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you as well, SSB. :-(

yes i know, but so far I've only heard this happening to people who are AFK. particularly AFK dancing.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 04:43 PM
Oh geeze they're banning paying customers who aren't even hacking, this is pretty bad then.
Your money is no good here stranger, keep walkin'.

Malifaux
Jul 22, 2012, 04:48 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that maybe it had something to do with your offensive name and sexually-themed pictochats, and not you hacking or AFKing or anything like that.

Kanore
Jul 22, 2012, 04:49 PM
Lobby 20 is certainly a lot cleaner.

I feel like the hackers did us a good thing by making it a bannable offense to be seen out the window.

No offense.

Now people that chill in the lobby have a high % chance of actually being in front of their monitor so they can run around and talk instead of stand in one place and be boring husks.

Geistritter
Jul 22, 2012, 04:51 PM
Not too broken up about people getting banned for insisting on standing around doing nothing for hours at a time and wasting bandwidth either, but that's another matter.

Kanore
Jul 22, 2012, 04:54 PM
Sega's killing lobby afking after a decade.

It's the most amazing thing to ever happen to PSO lobbies.

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 04:56 PM
If that's the case, I like how instead of implementing an idle disconnect timer (which could be worked around with a macro, sure, but most wouldn't bother setting one up) they just up and ban people instead.

Classic Sega.

Either that or it's just like old times where you're one hacker away from losing everything.

Again, classic Sega.

scrangos
Jul 22, 2012, 04:58 PM
Moving resets your position if someone moved you outside right?

彩音~
Jul 22, 2012, 04:59 PM
Lobby rats finally getting the ban they deserve for cluttering up the server? Thank you based Sega

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 22, 2012, 05:06 PM
>Player with retarded and inappropriate name that afk dances in 2-20 all day and uses vulgar symbol chats
>Retarded player still does all this after its well known code kiddies are moving afk retards in 2-20
>Retarded player gets banned after being moved and reported (or reported for vulgar username and symbolchats)

Oh look, natural selection at work!

You got what you deserved, maybe you'll learn how to conduct yourself in an online game where we are guests on a JP server and nothing more..

"Abloo bloo bloo I got banned, feel sorry for me even though I was violating the TOU anyway with my shitty name and symbol art"

Yeah,nah

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 05:12 PM
What is it with people saying we're guests?

There's no limitations on your country of origin in any agreement you accept when playing the game. There's no reasons you cannot be from a country besides Japan when you play, or pay.

A paying customer is a paying customer. Sega was smart to acknowledge that. It doesn't matter where you're from, as long as that cash can be spent.

Stop saying we're "guests" or that we're not supposed to be playing. If I'm a guest here, I'm a guest in my own rented home.

KEV1N
Jul 22, 2012, 05:12 PM
yes i know, but so far I've only heard this happening to people who are AFK. particularly AFK dancing.

I was not AFK at the time when this happened to me.

Moving resets your position if someone moved you outside right?

Running around doesn't seem to bring you back inside. Interacting with something in the lobby, a chair, for example is supposed to work though.

RocSage
Jul 22, 2012, 05:13 PM
Not true. GAMER-X
If they were going ban someone for their name selection that name selection should be blocked upon user creation. It is SEGA's fault in this situation and the player should be allowed to change their user name, not get their character removed.

This is especially the case if they spent any money.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 22, 2012, 05:14 PM
What is it with people saying we're guests?

There's no limitations on your country of origin in any agreement you accept when playing the game. There's no reasons you cannot be from a country besides Japan when you play, or pay.

A paying customer is a paying customer. Sega was smart to acknowledge that. It doesn't matter where you're from, as long as that cash can be spent.

Stop saying we're "guests" or that we're not supposed to be playing. If I'm a guest here, I'm a guest in my own rented home.

Let me know when they support english in the japanese clients drop down box, k?

The game has a TOU and retards like the OP violate it daily by being obnoxious asswipes with profane names and profane symbol arts, and then wonder why they get banned

Maturity and common sense are in short order these days lol

Hrith
Jul 22, 2012, 05:16 PM
Your character's name alone is a violation for the EULA. Grounds for banning without warning.

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 05:16 PM

The game has a TOU and retards like the OP violate it daily by being obnoxious asswipes with profane names and profane symbol arts, and then wonder why they get banned

ITT: Nobody is bilingual, one bad player from X country means all people from X country are bad players

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 22, 2012, 05:17 PM
Not true. GAMER-X
If they were going ban someone for their name selection that name selection should be blocked upon user creation. It is SEGA's fault in this situation and the player should be allowed to change their user name, not get their character removed.

This is especially the case if they spent any money.

I guess you arent aware that the OP probably made the easy modification to turn off the games censor.

"Hurr its segas fault that I cant read japanese in the japanese only games TOU and made a fucking vulgar name even though the TOU no doubt says to not make offensive user names"

Stop making excuses for retards dude. Its common sense that they would ban someone eventually if they chose a profane user name. Jesus christ why would you even defend that lol

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 05:19 PM

Getting so mad over a couple of words... and you say the OP is a child. lol

As for pictoart... if you have issues with Choco Bananas and Tacos, you're clearly not human.

Arios
Jul 22, 2012, 05:26 PM

I'm not defending those type of players, i'm really against people that just log to the game and dance/talk all day, but seriously G.A.M.E.R-X...you're looking for a Nirvana in the wrong place, there's no way that in an online game your NATURAL SELECTION will suceed, it's just impossible, there will be every freaking kind of people...in EVERY little thing we do in this world...so chill out a little bit...relax and play your game and achieve the most important thing that it provides, fun.

Dammy
>Player with retarded and inappropriate name that afk dances in 2-20 all day and uses vulgar symbol chats

this!

Kanore
You got what you deserved, maybe you'll learn how to conduct yourself in an online game where we are guests on a JP server and nothing more..

"Abloo bloo bloo I got banned, feel sorry for me even though I was violating the TOU anyway with my shitty name and symbol art"

Yeah,nah

'guests on a JP server?'

did you bring some wine and cheese?

the fuck are you talking about

If that's the case, I like how instead of implementing an idle disconnect timer (which could be worked around with a macro, sure, but most wouldn't bother setting one up) they just up and ban people instead.

Classic Sega.

Either that or it's just like old times where you're one hacker away from losing everything.

Again, classic Sega.

Idle disconnect timers are a thing of the past where user bandwidth usage was so small that staying online for most people was detrimental to the user itself. Games would do users a favor and ensure that they were logged off after a certain amount of time.

It's different in 2012 though. Why not log off when you're not in the game? Your friends will be there when you get back.

It's not like you get banned for idling after 30 minutes to go get some groceries. I would literally play PSO2 all day and people like TC would just be standing in one place dancing in the lobby that whole time.

Lobby AFKing is stupid.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 22, 2012, 05:28 PM
I'm not defending those type of players, i'm really against people that just log to the game and dance/talk all day, but seriously G.A.M.E.R-X...you're looking for a Nirvana in the wrong place, there's no way that in an online game your NATURAL SELECTION will suceed, it's just impossible, there will be every freaking kind of people...in EVERY little thing we do in this world...so chill out a little bit...relax and play your game and achieve the most important thing that it provides, fun.

My personal experience is great tbh, since I dont game on ship 2 :D

I just find it funny that people continue to hang out on the gutter of the eng community , 2-20, where code kiddies are known to get people banned, and then cry when it happens. Stupid is as stupid does, seriously

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 05:29 PM
Nevermind that Sexybitch also has more +10s than probably everyone in this thread combined, loadsamoney, and is level 40. Dancing IS the end game right now.

Kanore
Jul 22, 2012, 05:29 PM
My personal experience is great tbh, since I dont game on ship 2 :D

I just find it funny that people continue to hang out on the gutter of the eng community , 2-20, where code kiddies are known to get people banned, and then cry when it happens. Stupid is as stupid does, seriously

yes you certainly do live on another world where everything is horribly exaggerated

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 05:30 PM
'guests on a JP server?'

did you bring some wine and cheese?

the fuck are you talking about

Idle disconnect timers are a thing of the past where user bandwidth usage was so small that staying online for most people was detrimental to the user itself. Games would do users a favor and ensure that they were logged off after a certain amount of time.

It's different in 2012 though. Why not log off when you're not in the game? Your friends will be there when you get back.

It's not like you get banned for idling after 30 minutes to go get some groceries. I would literally play PSO2 all day and people like TC would just be standing in one place dancing in the lobby that whole time.

Lobby AFKing is stupid.

Oh yeah I go AFK for unexpected periods sometimes, I like not being autodisconnected. But at the same time, if you're going afk for 6 hours you really don't need to be connected the entire time. People here have gone to bed and woken back up to find themselves still lobby dancing. I don't care how or why, you don't need to be able to do that for any reason whatsoever - lobby dancing, autofollowing, I don't care. There's no need to be able to do that.

I think the biggest reason people idle is mag feeding though. Just make the food bar continue to go down when offline. Having your mag's food bar lock when you sign off is really lame. I've left the game on for an hour just to save myself like 10 minutes later on. It's bad game design when you reward a player for going AFK.

Kanore
Jul 22, 2012, 05:30 PM
Nevermind that Sexybitch also has more +10s than probably everyone in this thread combined, loadsamoney, and is level 40. Dancing IS the end game right now.

if that's the case then i think sega did him a favor by logging him off for once

permanently

Malifaux
Jul 22, 2012, 05:32 PM
I'm actually shocked people think it's anything other than the offensive name and sexual chat images she uses.

I'm not sure if she used a hack to get around their censor or not, but if that's the case, then she deserved her ban, plain and simple, in more than one way.

Maybe in the future, if you're going to sink money into a game, you should consider not naming yourself something offensive, you know...just as a precaution. I don't get why anyone thinks it's funny to give their characters offensive names in the first place. It's not particularly funny, for one, and two, there's a pretty good chance there's something in the terms of service specifically about not naming your character offensive things, and that doing so can get you banned. I mean, it's common knowledge at this point, when you have to share gaming space with a mixed crowd, that the developers/creators are going to keep a lid on people naming characters offensive things.

In the event the censor didn't catch this, and she didn't have to hack to get that name, I'm still not going to cast blame on Sega. Sega wasn't the one that chose to name her character that, she did. She knew it was offensive when she did it, even if she thought it was amusing. She made that choice, and someone called her on it apparently, and now she's eating a ban.

Look at the bright side, you can always just make another free account, right? Just try to restrain yourself and be a little less offensive with your next attempt, eh?

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 22, 2012, 05:38 PM
I'm actually shocked people think it's anything other than the offensive name and sexual chat images she uses.

I'm not sure if she used a hack to get around their censor or not, but if that's the case, then she deserved her ban, plain and simple, in more than one way.

Maybe in the future, if you're going to sink money into a game, you should consider not naming yourself something offensive, you know...just as a precaution. I don't get why anyone thinks it's funny to give their characters offensive names in the first place. It's not particularly funny, for one, and two, there's a pretty good chance there's something in the terms of service specifically about not naming your character offensive things, and that doing so can get you banned. I mean, it's common knowledge at this point, when you have to share gaming space with a mixed crowd, that the developers/creators are going to keep a lid on people naming characters offensive things.

In the event the censor didn't catch this, and she didn't have to hack to get that name, I'm still not going to cast blame on Sega. Sega wasn't the one that chose to name her character that, she did. She knew it was offensive when she did it, even if she thought it was amusing. She made that choice, and someone called her on it apparently, and now she's eating a ban.

Look at the bright side, you can always just make another free account, right? Just try to restrain yourself and be a little less offensive with your next attempt, eh?

Exactly this

sugarFO
Jul 22, 2012, 05:42 PM
Hope you didn't spend too much on AC. That means they aren't giving AC buyers any leniency, UNLESS they only consider premium. Try again with a cleaner name, and change your autowords... I didn't like those symbol arts spammed when I did a mission with you. :/

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 05:43 PM
See you back in-game when you win your appeal! :D

KEV1N
Jul 22, 2012, 05:45 PM
Has anyone actually won an appeal? I think I heard something about a player getting back in the game after getting banned. I don't remember the name though. Ferria/Feena or something?

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 22, 2012, 05:46 PM
See you back in-game when you win your appeal! :D

He wont be winning any appeal; the character name violates the games TOU

Or did you miss that part the several other times it was posted in this thread

sugarFO
Jul 22, 2012, 05:46 PM
Has anyone actually won an appeal? I think I heard something about a player getting back in the game after getting banned. I don't remember the name though. Ferria/Feena or something?

Probably needs a good Japanese letter to SEGA to appeal!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 05:47 PM
Most of us here will not win an appeal because we'd have to use the Google translator. Sexyslut, however, has a friend who is fluent in the Moonrunes to do it.

Should be a done deal.

He wont be winning any appeal; the character name violates the games TOU

Or did you miss that part the several other times it was posted in this thread

The only person who mentioned the TOU, is you. Sexyslut has had that name since forever in-game, and NOBODY cares. Except you. The character will be restored because, more than likely, the issue was a wall hacker moving the character.

KEV1N
Jul 22, 2012, 05:49 PM
That's why I didn't appeal mine. Using Google translator would probably end up making it say something about their Mothers beard or ask them where I could find sailors...

HiOc
Jul 22, 2012, 05:53 PM
What a glorious day!

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 22, 2012, 05:55 PM
Everyone "against" you is correct. It does not make any sense that you would take the game seriously with your "more +10s than anyone" and spending money on the game, yet use an inappropriate name and symbol arts. I'm not sure how you can actually make yourself feel like a victim here. Besides, even if you were banned because someone moved you, you're pretty much always in the lobby, so I'm sure you've been warned or at least heard about this exploit.. Also, people have noticed that you frequently AFK dance and personally I've noticed you constantly being a target of the player moving people for the last few weeks.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 22, 2012, 05:55 PM
\

The only person who mentioned the TOU, is you. Sexyslut has had that name since forever in-game, and NOBODY cares. Except you. The character will be restored because, more than likely, the issue was a wall hacker moving the character.

I'm pretty sure Sega cares, and if you actually think they don't have a section in their TOU that specifically prohibits profane names, profane/offensive symbol arts and autowords, then you're incredibly naive.

Even more naive if you believe Sega will do anything besides uphold the ban once they look over the account, see the vulgar character name and symbol chats and autowords the user has stored.

Lol wake up

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 05:56 PM
I've noticed you constantly being a target of the player moving people for the last few weeks.
It's always the sexysluts.... :(

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 05:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Sega cares, and if you actually think they don't have a section in their TOU that specifically prohibits profane names, profane/offensive symbol arts and autowords, then you're incredibly naive.

Even more naive if you believe Sega will do anything besides uphold the ban once they look over the account, see the vulgar character name and symbol chats and autowords the user has stored.

Lol wake up

I love how you completely dropped the topic of us being guests as soon as you ran out of boring, recycled, and constantly-shot-down rhetoric.

Malifaux
Jul 22, 2012, 05:57 PM
In my opinion, if you're going to name yourself something offensive intentionally, you waive your "right" to play the game, to any leniency (you shouldn't get to buy a 'get out of being offensive card', anyway), and apparently Sega agrees to some extent. I don't feel bad for this person. They knew going into it they were being offensive. They got called on it. It's their own fault.

Macman
Jul 22, 2012, 05:58 PM
Well look at it this way OP, you weren't playing the game anyway. Lobby AFKing is not playing.

EvilMag
Jul 22, 2012, 05:59 PM
Well look at it this way OP, you weren't playing the game anyway. Lobby AFKing is not playing.

I agree with this man.

Arios
If He/She wins the appeal, i really just hope that He/She stops spamming THOSE Symbol Arts in the lobby, there's really no reason to do that AT ALL.

sugarFO
It's always the sexysluts.... :(

Lol imagine what the guys at SEGA said about her username...

"sekusy.... serutty.... BITCH! O_O MAJI DE!!"

Garnet_Moon
More than likely the GM's or whomever will be reviewing Sexysluts appeal won't even know what sexy, slutty, bitch, or lewd mean. You're gonna have to write SoJ and tell them how offended you are at a name you very rarely even see and how it has such a powerful hold over you that you can't concentrate on the game while the character is there.

Kanore
wait gamerx can you cite exactly where in the japanese PSO2 TOU sexyslutty's name and symbol chats are 'illegal?'

i mean you brought up that 'we are guests' so i mean can you read japanese

cause you know we can't just make assumptions out of nowhere because that just makes an ass out of u and me

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 22, 2012, 06:00 PM
I love how you completely dropped the topic of us being guests as soon as you ran out of boring, recycled, and constantly-shot-down rhetoric.

Your ignorance isn't worth humoring, sorry

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 06:01 PM
wait gamerx can you cite exactly where in the japanese PSO2 TOU sexyslutty's name and symbol chats are 'illegal?'
You can't ask for and expect to get something that doesn't exist. If it did, I'm pretty certain this character would have been banned a long time ago. Not just today.

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 22, 2012, 06:02 PM

cause you know we can't just make assumptions out of nowhere because that just makes an ass out of u and me

there is no "ass+u+me" in "assumptions" so you killed dis joke b

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 22, 2012, 06:03 PM
More than likely the GM's or whomever will be reviewing Sexysluts appeal won't even know what sexy, slutty, bitch, or lewd mean. You're gonna have to write SoJ and tell them how offended you are at a name you very rarely even see and how it has such a powerful hold over you that you can't concentrate on the game while the character is there.

Plenty of users in this very thread have commented on the inappropriate symbol arts the OP has, Sega will see those when reviewing the acct and uphold the ban if anything else. Unless you would like to believe a vulgar image isn't universal. Go ahead and argue the semantics on that one

The OP was asking for a ban from day one and is lucky they lasted even this long. Deal with it

Malifaux
Jul 22, 2012, 06:05 PM

Going back out on that limb again: Since we can't use most profanity in the game, and "sexysluttyb****" is indeed profanity, I'm going to assume that Sega probably doesn't want people naming their characters things along that nature. I don't have to be able to read the TOU to get that there's almost assuredly something along those lines in it, considering virtually every major MMO gaming company puts something exactly like that in their terms of service.

I'm also probably going to guess that most people with a working brain who have ever played any kind of MMO of any type before also realize this is commonplace and that it's a big no-no. It's pretty standard stuff.

Either way, it's not a risk I would be willing to personally take, especially so if I were actually spending actual cash on the game. Why take the risk of losing all your cash just to give yourself an offensive name? It's not really worth it, plus at best, it's tacky as hell, and not really funny. And now SSB is out all that money she spent because of it. Just consider it a lesson learned.

CastSoldierFan96
Actually it is very likely that they will know insanely common English swear words in Japan especially because of the westernization.

Zipzo
I was online in Block 20 when sexyslut was doing some pretty obvious exploiting. There were many users present, even a handful of JP players that seemed curious. Thermalwolf was also there, and I believe he's on PSOW as well if he'd like to comment. We warned him that SEGA was on their toes and to be careful and listen he did not. Unfortunately, I hate to say it but he had it coming :/

Plus with a name like that, I can't imagine anyone will honestly miss seeing your name in the lobby.

sexyslut
I do play the game tho, im lvl 40 and I earned millions of meseta. x.x

There really was nothing left to do but just dance and chat with ppl.

@Edit I do not do exploiting! Someone else puts me outside the window and I don't even know when it happens! x.x

Sizustar
Jul 22, 2012, 06:06 PM

I'm not really familiar with the situation(I play on Block 36 mainly)
But if I understand, this user uses a "possible" offensive" name, and use symbol art with nudity?

If that is the case, then it could be in violation of these TOS rule
Section 10, Rule 3 and 5
三.わいせつな表現、差別的表現、暴力・脅迫的表現、グロテスクな表現、及びその他不適切な表現行為等、公 序良俗に反する行為。

五.性交及びわいせつな行為を目的とした出会い等を誘導する行為。

Which basicly is saying not to engage in Obscene, violent, or sexual(Not the fanservice kind) behavior.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 06:07 PM

Just appeal and when you win, log in and screencap yourself saying "Hi G.A.M.E.R-X :3"

EvilMag
Make a new character? Cap your other types?

gigawuts
Your ignorance isn't worth humoring, sorry

Ah yes, the tried and false method of "YOU'RE JUST NOT WORTH MY TIME" defense in an internet argument.

When you have absolutely nothing left to go on and not even ad hominem will work, throw down a smoke bomb and yell "YOU'RE NOT WORTH THE EFFORT."

CastSoldierFan96
snip

Yes Sizustar you are correct and that is what we were referring to

Geistritter
Jul 22, 2012, 06:08 PM
Just appeal and when you win, log in and screencap yourself saying "Hi G.A.M.E.R-X :3"

The only thing more baffling than this fool being surprised about the ban is how fervently you're defending them.

Kanore
there is no "ass+u+me" in "assumptions" so you killed dis joke b

wow shut up;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I Am Not Going To Humor Your Ignorance Buddy

Sizustar

@Edit I do not do exploiting! Someone else puts me outside the window and I don't even know when it happens! x.x

Current course of action, is to contact Sega and request to know which rule you violated, and if it is a permant or 75 hour ban, and how to avoid this situation in the future.

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 22, 2012, 06:09 PM
wow shut up;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I Am Not Going To Humor Your Ignorance Buddy

yeah good you're not even worth my time

(lol)

POSTS ARE REPEATING

Zipzo
Jul 22, 2012, 06:11 PM

@Edit I do not do exploiting! Someone else puts me outside the window and I don't even know when it happens! x.xYou were present at the computer, moving yourself in and out of it, not being pushed or teleported, and you were specifically dancing once you got out there, laughing at people saying you were putting on a show outside the window, to which you responded with "lols" galore.

You're guilty as charged, far as I could tell.

Me and Thermal at first assumed that you were being taken advantage of, and advised you to move out, log out, change blocks, something, and you did nothing but "lol" and ask "why should I?".

Malifaux
Jul 22, 2012, 06:11 PM
I'm not really familiar with the situation(I play on Block 36 mainly)
But if I understand, this user uses a "possible" offensive" name, and use symbol art with nudity?

Correct. Her name is offensive, and she uses pictochats with nudity and strong sexual themes.

If that is the case, then it could be in violation of these TOS rule
Section 10, Rule 3 and 5
三.わいせつな表現、差別的表現、暴力・脅迫的表現、グロテスクな表現、及びその他不適切な表現行為等、公 序良俗に反する行為。

五.性交及びわいせつな行為を目的とした出会い等を誘導する行為。

Which basicly is saying not to engage in Obscene, violent, or sexual(Not the fanservice kind) behavior.

Bam. Thank you for finding that, Sizustar.

I'd also like to note that while many games like this have a TOU/TOS/EULA in place as sort of a guideline, that MMOs are not "public domain" and they are private property, and in a case like this, Sega could just outright ban a player for any reason (or absolutely NO reason) that they decide. In this case, the Terms of Service just back them up here.

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
You were present at the computer, moving yourself in and out of it, not being pushed or teleported, and you were specifically dancing once you got out there, laughing at people saying you were putting on a show outside the window, to which you responded with "lols" galore.

You're guilty as charged, far as I could tell.

Me and Thermal at first assumed that you were being taken advantage of, and advised you to move out, log out, change blocks, something, and you did nothing but "lol" and ask "why should I?"

#POW

Didn't know this.

She was being taken advantage of and LOVED every minute of it.

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 06:14 PM
In this case, the Terms of Service just back them up here.

This is true. For all we know SSB insulted Sakai's mother and he personally reads all the logs and was very upset about it.

Also the part where it turns out he knew exactly what was going on the whole time is kind of suspicious.

Kanore
Jul 22, 2012, 06:14 PM
Correct. Her name is offensive, and she uses pictochats with nudity and strong sexual themes.

Bam. Thank you for finding that, Sizustar.

I'd also like to note that while many games like this have a TOU/TOS/EULA in place as sort of a guideline, that MMOs are not "public domain" and they are private property, and in a case like this, Sega could just outright ban a player for any reason (or absolutely NO reason) that they decide. In this case, the Terms of Service just back them up here.

i'm gonna make another reply to you and see if you're gonna write up another three paragraphs saying the same thing that i'm not going to read

Macman
Jul 22, 2012, 06:15 PM
Lots of people in here getting more offended than the actual banned person.

It's pretty amusing, really.

Geistritter
Precisely; they don't even have to keep you around in the first place. They could hate the way you made your character and be as justified as any other reason.

It's in their best interest not to do this, however, so they usually don't, but when you have an obnoxious name, spam offensive symbol chats, and flat out abuse exploits while laughing about it, you're a deterrent to the game, and to the company running it. Your "OH NO HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN I'M SO INNOCENT EVEN THOUGH I'M THE KIND OF TWAT THAT WOULD NAME MY ACCOUNT 'SEXYBITCH' IN THE FIRST PLACE" act doesn't really help your case, especially when there are people who could vouch for absolutely any reason Sega could have to drop the hammer on you.

CastSoldierFan96

WELL THEN IT WOULDN'T BE PSO WORLD

Malifaux
Jul 22, 2012, 06:16 PM
i'm gonna make another reply to you and see if you're gonna write up another three paragraphs saying the same thing that i'm not going to read

I wasn't talking to you anyway, champ.

Gardios
Jul 22, 2012, 06:17 PM
Most MMORPGs force a name chang eupon you when you have a forbidden name that escaped the filter and don't ban you outright if you have a clean record. Of course, spamming symbol art of that nature is a different matter...

Anyway, what's up with people saying that one had to see the ban coming just for being AFK in the lobby? That's not against the TOS and having a third party move you outside (they don't even need your assistance to do it, after all!) should not be a reason for a ban either. That only applies, of course, if SSB didn't do it himself.

For those saying that it served OP right for cloggin the server... that's simply not true because there are over 40 other blocks, make use of them!

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 22, 2012, 06:18 PM
Anyway, what's up with people saying that one had to see the ban coming just for being AFK in the lobby? That's not against the TOS and having a third party move you outside (they don't even need your assistance to do it, after all!) should not be a reason for a ban either.

I said that because of the constant warnings and because of the obvious fact that this has been occurring, so you should just take caution. Yes you should NOT have to do that, but that is how it is right now. Besides, I'm not sure how it kills someone to miss out on AFKing in the lobby. It's not really necessary, wastes block space, and is attention seeking. Also, Sega doesn't look through the packet logs to see that a hacker moved them as the logs are giant so they will assume anyone out there is cheating.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 06:19 PM
For those saying that it served OP right for cloggin the server... that's simply not true because there are over 40 other blocks, make use of them!

NO!

This game only has block 20. It's the only block that makes you cool. 8)

Kanore
Jul 22, 2012, 06:19 PM

It's pretty amusing, really.

i hate seeing the words sexy slutty and bitch

it reminds me of women and the outdoors and i'm not into juvenile humor it's so kiddie ugh

ohka
Jul 22, 2012, 06:21 PM
lol maybe its the name or the whole talking about your breasts every run lol

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 22, 2012, 06:22 PM
lol maybe its the name or the whole talking about your breasts every run lol

If she has kawaii oppai she can get unbanned ^_^

Geistritter
Jul 22, 2012, 06:22 PM
I'm not offended about the choice of words so much as the blatant, obnoxious stupidity behind it. We're all idiots at least some of the time, to varying degrees, but to wear a sign bragging about it isn't so much stepping over the line as drunkenly pissing on it first, then tripping over it on your way across.

KEV1N
Jul 22, 2012, 06:23 PM
Current course of action, is to contact Sega and request to know which rule you violated, and if it is a permant or 75 hour ban, and how to avoid this situation in the future.

Oh they do temp bans?

*trys to log in just in case*

Shit... Back to Killing Floor.

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 06:23 PM
Also, Sega doesn't look through the packet logs to see that a hacker moved them as the logs are giant so they will assume anyone out there is cheating.

Oh wow, this is a first for me. It's not that the logs don't exist anymore, now it's that they're really big and nobody can be bothered looking at them so they just ban everyone involved.

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 22, 2012, 06:24 PM
Oh wow, this is a first for me. It's not that the logs don't exist anymore, now it's that they're really big and nobody can be bothered looking at them so they just ban everyone involved.

That's what is happening, because they CAN check it if they wanted to and took the time, yes. Especially since a packet is involved in this. (Obviously because other people can see it)

jmanx
Jul 22, 2012, 06:25 PM
:nono: why did it had to be you out of all people

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 06:26 PM
Yes, that's obviously what's happening. Sega is recording logs specifically to use as evidence but just can't be bothered because they're, like, long. They also do not have tools to filter them or a search function in notepad.

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 22, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yes, that's obviously what's happening. Sega is recording logs specifically to use as evidence but just can't be bothered because they're, like, long. They also do not have tools to filter them or a search function in notepad.

Exactly. All they have to do is notice that the same IP is sending a packet with another player's player ID.

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 06:28 PM
We are in agreement then: Sega are the neanderthals of the MMO world.

(I wouldn't actually argue with this assertion)

Geistritter
Jul 22, 2012, 06:28 PM
Given that they're still using Gameguard, I thought that went without saying.

CastSoldierFan96
Jul 22, 2012, 06:29 PM
We are in agreement then: Sega are the neanderthals of the MMO world.

(I wouldn't actually argue with this assertion)

10/10

Lulufia
Jul 22, 2012, 06:32 PM
When you have absolutely nothing left to go on and not even ad hominem will work, throw down a smoke bomb and yell "YOU'RE NOT WORTH THE EFFORT."

That sounds pretty cool actually. :-)

Shakuri
Jul 22, 2012, 06:35 PM
OP is surprised it's banned? lol, what.

Geistritter
Jul 22, 2012, 06:40 PM
Gonna doubt it. Going back to the name again, it's hard to believe someone that'd pick something like that would be so thick as to be surprised if they got banned. People who use obnoxious attention grabbing methods are many things, but rarely are they incapable of realizing that someone wouldn't appreciate their being obnoxious. This person isn't (completely) stupid; they're just making themselves out to be a victim.

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 06:43 PM
I basically take threads like these the same way I take threads claiming "X game company took my internet money and temp banned me for RMTing but I never RMTed!!!??"

99.9% of the time within 5 pages they admit to RMTing, but say it was only a little (because 100x the average player's balance is a little). The other .1% of the time they stay strong, and rarely - very rarely - it turns out they actually didn't and then they get the ban lifted with the money returned.

Be cautious at first, but be ready for damning evidence.

Malifaux
Jul 22, 2012, 06:44 PM
Gonna doubt it. Going back to the name again, it's hard to believe someone that'd pick something like that would be so thick as to be surprised if they got banned. People who use obnoxious attention grabbing methods are many things, but rarely are they incapable of realizing that someone wouldn't appreciate their being obnoxious. This person isn't (completely) stupid; they're just making themselves out to be a victim.

This, pretty much exactly. She's crying now about it, but she knew it was a risk when she did it, anyone with half a brain would. So unless she's professing to be incredibly stupid, then she's basically just trying to play the helpless victim, and it doesn't really fly in this case, on any level.

Zipzo
Jul 22, 2012, 06:52 PM
I basically take threads like these the same way I take threads claiming "X game company took my internet money and temp banned me for RMTing but I never RMTed!!!??"

99.9% of the time within 5 pages they admit to RMTing, but say it was only a little (because 100x the average player's balance is a little). The other .1% of the time they stay strong, and rarely - very rarely - it turns out they actually didn't and then they get the ban lifted with the money returned.

Be cautious at first, but be ready for damning evidence.I already posted the damning evidence on page 8 and 9.

Shakuri
Jul 22, 2012, 06:52 PM
Either way, I'm happy that annoying people and AFK'ers are being banned (if even temporarily, and even if they're "being taken advantage of"). Want to AFK for hours on end? Go to your room or someone elses room and do it..Or log out. Want to be annoying in the lobby all day? Do it in a Team chat with people similar to you, there definitely isn't a shortage.

gigawuts
Jul 22, 2012, 06:54 PM
I already posted the damning evidence on page 8 and 9.

I know. I think I even replied to it.

eharima
Jul 22, 2012, 06:55 PM
Obnoxious Gaijins wondering why we dont have global servers thread lol.

And yes, ethically we are perceived as guests, have some manners and act like one.

ohwaitlol.