PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

Skye-Fox713
Jul 22, 2012, 10:47 PM
this idea crossed my mind as I was playing and thinking about the ascetics and designs of some of the ranged weapons. Right now I'm using a 9* Tiguridoru and while the weapon doesn't look bad I'm kinda wishing I could use the appirance of one of the bull-pup style rifles but with the Tiguridoru's stats.

Now for those who have played wow in the recent few months one of the most wanted things was added to the game, Transmogrification. Basicaly take the look of one weapon and apply it to another weapon and the same for armor. There was a lot of debate on it in the months before it happened on what you could and could not do, in the end some of the core rules for transmog came down to this...

-You must Own both Items
-You must be able to equip both items
-Both items must be the same weapon/armor type. (ie. sword to sword, cloth to cloth)

In wow this is basically a gold sink for players with excess gold that the don't know what do to with.

Well to get to the point is that I though something like this would be a nice addition to PSO2 especaly sense even some of the lower end weapons have some rather unique designs like the couple of bull-pup style rifles where it would be nice if I could carry the look of a weapon throughout the game.

Mikura
Jul 22, 2012, 10:50 PM
this idea crossed my mind as I was playing and thinking about the ascetics and designs of some of the ranged weapons. Right now I'm using a 9* Tiguridoru and while the weapon doesn't look bad I'm kinda wishing I could use the appirance of one of the bull-pup style rifles but with the Tiguridoru's stats.

Now for those who have played wow in the recent few months one of the most wanted things was added to the game, Transmogrification. Basicaly take the look of one weapon and apply it to another weapon and the same for armor. There was a lot of debate on it in the months before it happened on what you could and could not do, in the end some of the core rules for transmog came down to this...

-You must Own both Items
-Both items must be the same weapon/armor type. (ie. sword to sword, cloth to cloth)

In wow this is basically a gold sink for players with excess gold that the don't know what do to with.

Well to get to the point is that I though something like this would be a nice addition to PSO2 especaly sense even some of the lower end weapons have some rather unique designs like the couple of bull-pup style rifles that I like and it would be really nice if I could carry that look throughout the game.

WoW really has something like that? Jeez, I wish SE would do the same with FFXI's gear. Some of the armor in that game have awesome stats but look horrendous.

I don't think PSO2 will ever have a feature like that though to be honest.

Sp-24
Jul 22, 2012, 10:52 PM
That would be nice, yeah. There already are some great-looking low-level weapons and there is some "WTF is this" top-of-the line stuff that can be combined to not make you choose between efficiency and not facepalming.

Though I'm kind of afraid that Sega would make it so that you lose whatever weapon's look are you adding to yours, and would probably make it a chance-based. Or, instead of money sink, will make it into a money sink, but for real money.

Mikura
Jul 22, 2012, 10:57 PM
That would be nice, yeah. There already are some great-looking low-level weapons and there is some "WTF is this" top-of-the line stuff that can be combined to not make you choose between efficiency and not facepalming.

Though I'm kind of afraid that Sega would make it so that you lose whatever weapon's look are you adding to yours, and would probably make it a chance-based. Or, instead of money sink, will make it into a money sink, but for real money.

I didn't think about that....Hell, I change my mind. They very well might do it one day just for that reason.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 22, 2012, 11:00 PM
WoW really has something like that? Jeez, I wish SE would do the same with FFXI's gear. Some of the armor in that game have awesome stats but look horrendous.

I don't think PSO2 will ever have a feature like that though to be honest.

Yeah, it dose. Just about the entire WoW RP community have sugested ideas and have been begging for something like that for years.

I was never an rp'er on wow but the feature is really nice and really enhanced the immersion for many players. Even if they weren't rp'ers because they could finally use that badass weapon skin that they have kept around for nostalgia purposes. Even for my hunter I had several "theme" sets that I would like to pull out every so offten and after transmog my hunter ended up looking like this - http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=24842:33970:64913:33965:33534:69570: 69615:6350:35590;73456#modelviewer:4:1;42201;3;973 44;16;74997;5;46995;10;97360;6;98467;7;98468;8;688 5;15;49368:8+1:0 . Also I have to mention the day blizzard announced this trade chat exploded with players spamming for old school transmog runs to dungons and raids that haven't seen much use in years. When it was finally implemented many players were often found running around with the same weapon skin, but at the same time there's a reason why certain weapons are quite popular and specific armor sets for that matter as well. Even a little while later blizzard added in some of the old pvp gear for the classic pvp fans as well.

In pso2 the Blaster assault rifle has to be my favorite weapon skin and it would be really nice if I could keep that look on my character as I played and still be able to keep up to date equipment.

That indeed would be the unfortunate part of the possibilities of what could happen if this was implemented.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 22, 2012, 11:02 PM
Aion Online allows you to reskin your weapons like this by sacrificing the weapon whose skin you want, only problem is the only way to tell what skin you have on the weapon is to preview it as it just says "Skin Remodelled Item" in the description.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 22, 2012, 11:03 PM

-You must Own both Items

Well to get to the point is that I though something like this would be a nice addition to PSO2 especaly sense even some of the lower end weapons have some rather unique designs like the couple of bull-pup style rifles where it would be nice if I could carry the look of a weapon throughout the game.

I'm glad I'm not the only one likes that system. yeah, I'd totally use a two star that matches En's color scheme if they implemented it. Oh, and Sega? Meseta sink, please.

Zari
Jul 22, 2012, 11:54 PM
So like GC's fusion system and Elsword's costume skins? Yeah that would be neat.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 22, 2012, 11:57 PM
too bad that already OPed sniper rifle price would skyrocket =[

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 12:02 AM
I'd like to be able to extend code my weapon, and name it, and do what OP suggested, and have it Shine brightly when I pull it out in the battle field, and have an auto-text option for it...

Yup that'd be awesome.

gigawuts
Jul 23, 2012, 12:02 AM
We may as well get this. I'd like it personally.

I mean, weapons are just their damage stats now. There's nothing to make them unique anymore. As much as I'd really, really like to get back unique specials, this will be a good stand-in if that never happens.

Oh, but one change. Can I put a hat on my sword?

Sp-24
Jul 23, 2012, 12:05 AM
No, because hat-sword is scheduled for the next weapon update.

gigawuts
Jul 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
Bahaha, the only thing funnier than that reply is that it might even be true.

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 12:10 AM
I'd like to be able to extend code my weapon, and name it, and do what OP suggested, and have it Shine brightly when I pull it out in the battle field, and have an auto-text option for it...

Yup that'd be awesome.

No! Nobody reads the last post of the page!

Also I want a talking gunslash.

One that says "You're all dumb, I hate all of you for using me as a tool for your intergalactic genocide, suck my balls I'm a rebel, you big biggity bitch!"

Mikura
Jul 23, 2012, 12:11 AM
Hats have served Valve pretty well. Don't see why it wouldn't work in PSO2 as well! Hat-swords approved~