PDA

View Full Version : For the US versions....what would you rather PSO 2 be on....Vita or 3DS?

ChronoTrigga
Jul 23, 2012, 07:23 AM
Honestly I'd love to see it on all systems. The more the merrier. 360, PS3, 3DS, Vita, OnLive, Steam.

Risuo
Jul 23, 2012, 07:32 AM
I would go for a PS3 release, even if it were the JP version. By the time the US version comes out I'll probably be too lazy to level up again though, and may just stick with the JP PC version :lol:

pikachief
Jul 23, 2012, 07:41 AM
I would like a 3DS version, because I have one lol and more people general have a 3DS than vita. But Vita with its online and its s graphics and controls just makes more sense for PSO2

PS3 would be great too. They could just add it t PS3, plenty of MMOs have just added themselves to PS33. xbox wouldn't work cuz Microsoft wont let them.. Wii u is open too F2P MMOs they said now, but not yet..

So as of now PS3 and Vita are the only 2 real options.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 23, 2012, 08:22 AM
If the game was on the 3DS it would look like the original PSO graphically.

DreXxiN
Jul 23, 2012, 08:31 AM
No, PC exclusive, please. PSU got screwed over because they had to limit content for console limitations.

SolRiver
Jul 23, 2012, 08:31 AM
It would be worst case scenario if it is on 3DS AND still operate with PC server.

Imagine trying to update PC version while keeping 3DS data capacity in consideration...

Laxedrane
Jul 23, 2012, 08:46 AM
If the game was on the 3DS it would look like the original PSO graphically.

I have to play this game on the lowest settings so I wouldn't notice a difference.(I usually don't play games on my pc this has been the sole exception along with XI which I only play on pc when I need to dual box.)

However this game makes me want to upgrade just so I can play it in it's full glory before EN release.

Ryudo
Jul 23, 2012, 08:59 AM
PSO2 should only be on anything that:
has a mass storage device for updates and patching
has an open, free patching system that sega can manage themselves

In terms of consoles currently that's only ps3 and ps vita

Crysteon
Jul 23, 2012, 09:52 AM
None, honestly. Leave it as it is right now...unless you want to see the whole PSU fail story again.

Dabian
Jul 23, 2012, 09:54 AM
Any platform that allows Sega the freedom to patch/update. The PSU nightmare must not be repeated. :o

Demon-
Jul 23, 2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah cause that's what SOA needs is to stretch its already tiny support team over more consoles. No it's best if they stay on just PC.

DARKWINGDARA
Jul 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
i'm fairly certain the smartphone/vita releases will be independent from the PC servers.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 23, 2012, 11:40 AM
i'm fairly certain the smartphone/vita releases will be independent from the PC servers.

Nope Vita works with PC servers.

Smartphone is all by itself though and technically isn't the same game, it will have many limitations.

Darse
Jul 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
I would love to avoid the PSU nightmare or code H e double hockey stick. Honestly it was bad enough to make to ALMOST shoot my poor Xbox. It peed in the corner in fear. D:

Anon_Fire
Jul 23, 2012, 12:13 PM
Honestly I'd love to see it on all systems. The more the merrier. 360, PS3, 3DS, Vita, OnLive, Steam.

Here are my answers:

PS3: Not impossible, but unlikely
360: No chance in hell!
3DS: Absolutely not!!!
Vita: in Spring 2013
Steam: I hope so!
OnLive: Highly unlikely!!!

As where PSO2 stands right now, it may become PC exclusive here in the US.

Kanore
Jul 23, 2012, 12:14 PM
No consoles.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 01:39 PM
I don't like to play games that look like pixelated vomit, so please no 3DS.

itsbao93
Jul 23, 2012, 01:49 PM
PS Vita. Only because of what it is capable of on the system, and it has a great amount of features. While Vita is a very powerful device, I would always play on PC, plus, I don't have a reliable source... But everyone keeps telling me it will come out for PC first. If that is the case then I would be playing on PC, and for the mods :)

Akaimizu
Jul 23, 2012, 02:01 PM
I just hope the current Vita work doesn't give SEGA problems with keeping things in sync. Thing is, Vita is still on PSN, and while PSN is a little more open to cross-platform play; they still have to deal with the whole typical console issues if they have to do any client-side updates. The PC is pretty much the only place they only have to worry about checking themselves, before an update is released.

IzzyData
Jul 23, 2012, 02:03 PM
Hopefully PC exclusive.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 23, 2012, 02:29 PM
The PS3 and 360 versions were canceled during the Alpha period

The game is only going to be on Smartphones, Vita and PC. This has been a confirmed fact for awhile now.

supersonix9
Jul 23, 2012, 02:33 PM
It could never run on the 3DS....

Roguex
Jul 23, 2012, 02:34 PM

Nope Vita works with PC servers.

Smartphone is all by itself though and technically isn't the same game, it will have many limitations.

From what i looked up, PC, Vita, Android/Apple(Ipod Touch, Iphone, Ipad) are all connected, it is to allow people to play say on their PC then if they have to travel and have access to the net then they can continue to play on any of those platforms if they have one or more then one.

Well that is my take on what i read off of their Japanese site.

PS Vita. Only because of what it is capable of on the system, and it has a great amount of features. While Vita is a very powerful device, I would always play on PC, plus, I don't have a reliable source... But everyone keeps telling me it will come out for PC first. If that is the case then I would be playing on PC, and for the mods :)

lol i don't think you will get away with mods on an Online game my friend

itsbao93
Jul 23, 2012, 04:19 PM
lol i don't think you will get away with mods on an Online game my friend

Yes I can, textures.

kdrakari
Jul 23, 2012, 06:27 PM
PSO2 with only one analog stick.
lolno

SageAtlasEllimirri
Jul 23, 2012, 06:58 PM
ivé loved the original on gamecube and dreamcast so much so when pso2 comes out i hope to get it in australia looking forward to pawning off items and powning some newbies in rank!

AC9breaker
Jul 23, 2012, 07:31 PM
No, PC exclusive, please. PSU got screwed over because they had to limit content for console limitations.

/thread

Although I'm excited for the Vita version.

Pretty sure the 3DS version would hold the game back though.

Akaimizu
Jul 23, 2012, 07:35 PM
PSO2 with only one analog stick.
lolno

Well, to be fair. PSO got away with it. Just need a camera centering button. :) Still, I doubt the lack of a 2nd analogue would be the bigger issue.

Ryudo
Jul 23, 2012, 09:01 PM
I just hope the current Vita work doesn't give SEGA problems with keeping things in sync. Thing is, Vita is still on PSN, and while PSN is a little more open to cross-platform play; they still have to deal with the whole typical console issues if they have to do any client-side updates. The PC is pretty much the only place they only have to worry about checking themselves, before an update is released.

and where exactly do you think they need to check on vita? If you think they need to go through sony for some reason, you're wrong

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 23, 2012, 09:35 PM
BTW, Sakai's team is still investigating whether Vita can run on the same servers as PC. It will definitely use the same character data, but we don't know whether PC and Vita players can play together or not. Sakai recently mentioned having a server exclusive for Vita players.

Smartphone PSO2 will be single-player play and doesn't connect to PC/Vita versions except for character data.

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 23, 2012, 11:01 PM
as much as I love my 3DS and other game systems, I would like PSO2 to stay in the PC/Sony family for now. less hassle on their end and less crazy on ours.

Husq
Jul 24, 2012, 02:14 AM
Considering that ex troopers and MH runs fine on the 3DS, pso2 would be possible. But we all know, dreamcast 2 or burst.

Darse
Jul 24, 2012, 04:00 PM
If anything, the Vita and smart phones may have it. MAYBE, that is. Any who I would much rather prefer a PC only PSO2. After it would be much simpler to run it than way that multi-platform it.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 04:10 PM
*Grooooooooooooooan

I think everybody knows how I feel about threads of this nature. So I'm just going to leave this mark here, and everybody can just use their imagination as to what I would say.

TheAstarion
Jul 24, 2012, 04:12 PM
Vita, if it's cross-platform and takes DLC. Especially so if it comes with content unlocks that work for existing PC accounts; I can see things like extra races, which might be AC content for the PC, being available for free to anyone who buys a new copy of the Vita version.

Nintendo systems, in my experience, have the worst internet connections for content downloads. It's probably the Ninty E-shop, thinking about it, but even knowing that I wouldn't want to pay full price for a PS game on the current 3DS hardware, which could have been a really cool system if they'd waited another year or two before launching it.