PDA

View Full Version : Childish behavior.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 07:56 AM
So is it not my understanding how useless it is to be in a Multiparty that's clearly farming the Area 2 map and have those annoying players who will invite their NPC (not even a friend NPC from partner card, but one from the story.), keeping it around even though after being asked nicely more than 3 times to remove it so others can join?

It's actually very rude,inconsiderate,immature and childish to do such at thing (friend NPC is understandable but this??...)it makes me realize they probably don't have any friends on their partner card. When something like this happens I advise people to just leave the map and remake, makes me wonder what happened to that mature community from PSO1 days.

Not going to point any fingers because that's not my style but you know who you are...think about others who ant to join the farm or grind...people like you deserve to get nothing but daylight scars. Well it answers my question as to why they don't have a team or partner cards to use as NPCs, oh well just blacklist and move on, and for those that do remove their NPC(s) after being asked to nicely, thank you for not being a selfish prick. (That is screwing themselves either way too)

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 08:04 AM
I wouldn't go as far to say someone playing with an NPC is "childish", "immature" or a "selfish prick." That's all a bit strong. But yes, it is annoying when you're trying to get a big multi-party going.

Lostbob117
Jul 23, 2012, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure if any of them know how to boot people.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 08:08 AM
they do, I should of mentioned that it wasn't the act of having the NPC being childish it was the manner in which they responded when I asked them in a very kind way to remove the NPC so another could join and have a chance to farm the great map we're in.

Risuo
Jul 23, 2012, 08:11 AM
That applies only to people who farm right? Cuz I don't really socialize on MMOs unless my friend invites me to a guild or something, so I usually solo no matter what, though in this case I'm allowed to invite an NPC which I do sometimes ._.

edit: oh I see, it's more of manners. Right, no problems here admiral.

Lostbob117
Jul 23, 2012, 08:14 AM
they do, I should of mentioned that it wasn't the act of having the NPC being childish it was the manner in which they responded when I asked them in a very kind way to remove the NPC so another could join and have a chance to farm the great map we're in.

How did they respond? If they said No thank you it should be fine if they ignored you or said no in a rude I would see it being childish.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 08:19 AM
No it was more like a "screw you I like to look at my NPC" response, I don't want to be as vulgar as them and quote exactly what they said. Oh well kids will be kids. And also this is for a farm group that has been going on for hours with everyone putting hard work in, even some wanting a friend to join but they can't.

Lostbob117
Jul 23, 2012, 08:21 AM
I pm'd you by the way.

drizzle
Jul 23, 2012, 08:22 AM
You have the option to make a password protected multi group and to invite your many, many friends. If you leave it open for randoms, you don't get to complain about randoms joining.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 08:25 AM
You have the option to make a password protected multi group and to invite your many, many friends. If you leave it open for randoms, you don't get to complain about randoms joining.

Calling someone bad at the game for not understanding that isn't really a complaint it's just a warning for others, and the password on multiparty shouldn't be necessary for people who are mature.

drizzle
Jul 23, 2012, 08:29 AM
Calling someone bad at the game for not understanding that isn't really a complaint it's just a warning for others, and the password on multiparty shouldn't be necessary for people who are mature.

wat

:burger:

GreenArcher
Jul 23, 2012, 08:30 AM
I thought part of being mature was learning how to accept things and not cry like a baby when you don't get your way?

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 08:34 AM
How is them screwing their own self me crying like a baby? why would I care it's a warning either take it or gtfo don't post something useless in this thread just to up your post count, dumb trolls will be trolls. I can tell you act that way too much like the 360 community.

Sizustar
Jul 23, 2012, 08:42 AM
How is them screwing their own self me crying like a baby? why would I care it's a warning either take it or gtfo don't post something useless in this thread just to up your post count, dumb trolls will be trolls. I can tell you act that way too much like the 360 community.

Well, what if their raising the affecting of the NPC for the items that NPC gives?
Why should their method of play be any more "wrong" then your method?
As long as they aren't modifying the client or ingame system through external mean.

Alenoir
Jul 23, 2012, 08:45 AM
How is them screwing their own self me crying like a baby?

I think what they meant was, if one is "mature" enough, one would just shrug it off and drop the discussion after (or soon after) the initial rant, instead of keep on arguing about it in a defensive way.

Just how I view it, though.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 08:45 AM
they are preventing others from enjoying and benefiting from the farm, sorry I thought nice people still played this game, and as I said before it wasn't the NPC itself that's the issue it's the player and the negative attitude they have, it's the kind of attitude that spreads like the plague.

Risuo
Jul 23, 2012, 08:54 AM
@Sizu I get the raising the affection thing, but if they wanted that they would be doing semi-speed-S-Rank-Runs instead of farming, and I think what Pliskin is saying is that this was a farming multiparty, in which the other person's NPCs took space which could have been for other people to benefit from. That and apparently they were pretty rude about not wanting to remove their NPCs.

@Pliskin I get you're (putting it nicely, don't hit me DX) upset over it, and you not be thinking all that straight from the lingering annoyance, but maybe the previous posters just didn't understand the context of it all. You have to explain it to some before they get what you're saying, methinks. If you have to, just post exactly what they said and let the others be judges too.

oifjustus
Jul 23, 2012, 09:01 AM
I think everyone deserves to play however they want to play. What gives anyone any right to bash players for soloing with bots? It's not their fault they got thrown into the same multiparty.

Limbo_lag
Jul 23, 2012, 09:07 AM
Uh...ok this is new to me. How does inviting NPCs block other parties from joining? Also, why would this be a problem if you don't know the other players, and just want to solo farm/finish CO?

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 09:08 AM
@Sizu I get the raising the affection thing, but if they wanted that they would be doing semi-speed-S-Rank-Runs instead of farming, and I think what Pliskin is saying is that this was a farming multiparty, in which the other person's NPCs took space which could have been for other people to benefit from. That and apparently they were pretty rude about not wanting to remove their NPCs.

@Pliskin I get you're (putting it nicely, don't hit me DX) upset over it, and you not be thinking all that straight from the lingering annoyance, but maybe the previous posters just didn't understand the context of it all. You have to explain it to some before they get what you're saying, methinks. If you have to, just post exactly what they said and let the others be judges too.

ah no just kind of expressing my thoughts over it and yes, this. We have been farming the Area 2 for quite some time now, probably 5+ hours it's really good map anyone is welcomed to join if there's room.

I think everyone deserves to play however they want to play. What gives anyone any right to bash players for soloing with bots? It's not their fault they got thrown into the same multiparty.

Well the thing is I'm pretty certain this player joined the multiparty, not just created their own. Full multiparty = other players can't join, and NPC take up spots in the multiparty.

Uh...ok this is new to me. How does inviting NPCs block other parties from joining? Also, why would this be a problem if you don't know the other players, and just want to solo farm/finish CO?

They aren't just trying to solo farm/finish CO seeing as we have been traveling as a group for the entire time.

Well i'm done selling to the vendor back to the farm.

Risuo
Jul 23, 2012, 09:10 AM

I think the general argument here is their attitude, not the bots. I can sympathize with the bot users, I use them too (not a very +friend person, I only have two, and they're people I know outside the game.), and I THINK, only think, that if they stated that they liked using bots in another way OP wouldn't be so annoyed. Of course, I don't know how the conversation went down, but that's another two cents from me.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 23, 2012, 09:10 AM
Last time I checked, OP, the maps don't belong to anyone. Multipartying is a privilege. If someone is raining on your parade, I hate to say it, but tough shit, man. Deal with it.

There's nothing that states what that player is doing is against the rules. Now, don't get me wrong. I understand where you are coming from, but with how you put it, it sounds like you're a kid in high school getting upset over someone taking your friend's seat in the cafeteria.

The guy tells you, "I don't see his name on it" and you want to bitch and moan about it, thinking that will help. Just go find another place to sit, man. It's easy.

Agitated_AT
Jul 23, 2012, 09:40 AM
Go sue the developers. Rude what? People are playing within the rules so you have no fucking right to say anything. Blame the game, not the player

Crysteon
Jul 23, 2012, 09:45 AM
This whole thread is childish.......

So now it's wrong to invite NPCs to parties because people might start bawing for no valid reasons and start accusing the NPCs user as some kind of forever alone guy.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 09:47 AM
Last time I checked, OP, the maps don't belong to anyone. Multipartying is a privilege. If someone is raining on your parade, I hate to say it, but tough shit, man. Deal with it.

There's nothing that states what that player is doing is against the rules. Now, don't get me wrong. I understand where you are coming from, but with how you put it, it sounds like you're a kid in high school getting upset over someone taking your friend's seat in the cafeteria.

The guy tells you, "I don't see his name on it" and you want to bitch and moan about it, thinking that will help. Just go find another place to sit, man. It's easy.

Sounds like you're just looking to increase your post account or can't read apparently, I guess being polite isn't something you do, which could indicate signs of being a child., if you understand where I'm coming from why post something so stupid? I don't really care, I still get farm it just sucks for others who want in on it too, and I"m trying to think of a solution to it, IE. like an option to vote kick someone in the multiparty area, and if they area doesn't belong to them either why do they have the right to take up space with non players to prevent other actual players from accessing said area?

This whole thread is childish.......

So now it's wrong to invite NPCs to parties because people might start bawing for no valid reasons and start accusing the NPCs user as some kind of forever alone guy.

oh joy another person who doesn't read any of the posts and just posts away to increase their count. Again for the 3rd time that's not what this thread is about.

Tukky
Jul 23, 2012, 09:47 AM

+10 Agreed

Dabian
Jul 23, 2012, 09:48 AM
I don't think you're really that mature yourself to get worked up over this. Join another multiparty? Whatever happened to /shrug and move on as you normally do in other real life scenarios?

Sure some people could be thought as jerks for doing what you described and refusing to give in to your requests. But you're not helping your cause posting about it like the sky was falling.

It's a multiparty farm session you say? Couldn't get in? What makes you so special over others who similarly couldn't get in as well? Do you see them come here and Waa Waa over it? Bad people are everywhere, don't go bashing the english-speaking pso2 with cheap shots like "worse than the 360 community" just because you had an incident.

Man up.

(Incoming flames).

TaigaUC
Jul 23, 2012, 09:51 AM
Rather than "childish", I'd have used the word "unreasonable". If you try to talk to and reason with a person and they give you an unwarranted nasty response, then that's unreasonable.

Anyway, I believe the fault behind all this lies with the game design. Several elements conflict. In this case, encouraging people to bring NPCs + encouraging people to have players + limiting the total number per mutiparty = problems.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 23, 2012, 09:57 AM
I"m trying to think of a solution to it, IE. like an option to vote kick someone in the multiparty area, and if they area doesn't belong to them either why do they have the right to take up space with non players to prevent other actual players from accessing said area?

1) Doesn't belong to you either
2) That's like saying you want to pick up people in the cafeteria and throw them at another table. That's violent

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 09:57 AM
I don't think you're really that mature yourself to get worked up over this. Join another multiparty? Whatever happened to /shrug and move on as you normally do in other real life scenarios?

Sure some people could be thought as jerks for doing what you described and refusing to give in to your requests. But you're not helping your cause posting about it like the sky was falling.

It's a multiparty farm session you say? Couldn't get in? What makes you so special over others who similarly couldn't get in as well? Do you see them come here and Waa Waa over it? Bad people are everywhere, don't go bashing the english-speaking pso2 with cheap shots like "worse than the 360 community" just because you had an incident.

Man up.

(Incoming flames).

ummm what?!?! couldn't get in? ROFL I started this multiparty hours ago. Well since it's too complicated for you to understand I'll put it simply, I'm saying how dumb it is to do that in a farm group for multiparty FOR OTHER people who want in on this farm, I didn't say worse I said it reminded me of them.

Omisan
Jul 23, 2012, 09:58 AM
Ya i also get what tc is saying but the only thing he can do is ask. If the person doesnt do what you want, he doesnt do what you want. MOVE ON!

It would be cool if a human player trumped AI players and could just replace them...

But you asked a stranger over the internet to do something while playing a game meant for people in Japan and he didnt. And you are going to bring up etiquette, NOW that is petty.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 10:00 AM
1) Doesn't belong to you either
2) That's like saying you want to pick up people in the cafeteria and throw them at another table. That's violent

ok ok... think about it this way, someone (who is in a party alone) goes afk and auto follows, or the map is so small he simply afks in the center of it and leeches away drops and/or EXP (in area 2), what can you do? Absolutely nothing. There should be something done to change things like this, it's not really being rude or anything it just gives everyone the option to decided together how to handle a situation like this if it were to happen.

Above post^ he's actually from the forums and understand English quite well, and besides it's the way he responded to it, he could of said " No thanks, sorry I want my bot in"

sugarFO
Jul 23, 2012, 10:02 AM
That applies only to people who farm right? Cuz I don't really socialize on MMOs unless my friend invites me to a guild or something, so I usually solo no matter what, though in this case I'm allowed to invite an NPC which I do sometimes ._.

edit: oh I see, it's more of manners. Right, no problems here admiral.

How come so many people who play MMOs don't want to socialize? Why not just play a single player game? o.o

Dabian
Jul 23, 2012, 10:06 AM
You starting the multiparty doesn't mean you own the multiparty. And again, people who couldn't join because there was a jerk with an NPC in it. Do you see them up in arms as you?

If you needed to get a sort of premade group in, then communicate, make 3 x 4 groups, password protect all the groups. That's if you want to dictate the composition. I'm sure you have more friends than the ones you claim have none so they have to use NPCs. What's the problem then?

And what if, just what if, the offending party didn't get in on your farm group because he/she wanted to? The group finding system doesn't have the smarts to tell farm groups from regular-guy-trying-to-get-NPC-favor-up.

Again, even if you were given the scorn rather than the smile, and you feel absolutely wronged by this affront, best advice I can give is move on. No seriously. You almost called him out in your first post. You're letting it get to you.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 10:09 AM
You starting the multiparty doesn't mean you own the multiparty. And again, people who couldn't join because there was a jerk with an NPC in it. Do you see them up in arms as you?

If you needed to get a sort of premade group in, then communicate, make 3 x 4 groups, password protect all the groups. That's if you want to dictate the composition. I'm sure you have more friends than the ones you claim have none so they have to use NPCs. What's the problem then?

And what if, just what if, the offending party didn't get in on your farm group because he/she wanted to? The group finding system doesn't have the smarts to tell farm groups from regular-guy-trying-to-get-NPC-favor-up.

Again, even if you were given the scorn rather than the smile, and you feel absolutely wronged by this affront, best advice I can give is move on. No seriously. You almost called him out in your first post. You're letting it get to you.

Never said I owned but you said I was trying to join it which is clearly not the case. I shouldn't need to make a premade group to be given respect in return for giving respect, and no I had no intention of ever calling him out on the forums as I've stated I'm not like that, just trying to come up for a solution that's more fair for those who are sitting in lobby waiting for the party to have room.

Hobbez
Jul 23, 2012, 10:11 AM
How come so many people who play MMOs don't want to socialize? Why not just play a single player game? o.o

Because frankly, the average single player game these days has considerably less time and money invested in it than the typical MMO. The basic premise of an MMO is endless replayability, something you just don't get in a one-time purchase single-player game. Solo content is an online MMO is a growing trend. Developers see that just as many folks (or in some cases, many, MANY, more folks) will pay for solo content in an MMO just to always have something new to do. Just look twords companies like Blizzard who make billions of USD every month aiming more and more content to folks who play alone and/or only a few hours a week.

Solo content is MMOs makes just as much business sense as multiplayer content does these days.

Risuo
Jul 23, 2012, 10:17 AM

Simple reason: MMO's give me the chance to immerse myself instead of just watching the story of another character. Not to say that there aren't any single player games like this, but... it all comes down to how you want to play the game I guess XD

Don't get me wrong, I've partied up before. It's really just personal preference. Hell, I played the entirety of PSU:AotI on the PS2 by myself and I didn't complain :lol:. If I could understand the plot I'd love this game even more, but eh, you take what you can get.

Back to the topic, I think you'll just have to trust in the other players that they can find they're own rooms. They can handle themselves I think XD

I know you're trying to stand by principle, but some people can't be reasoned with. He probably had his reasons, but what's past is past I guess :/

Dabian
Jul 23, 2012, 10:17 AM
Those who wait in the lobby find their own groups. Or keep waiting. There are multiple blocks per ship for that purpose.

You give respect. Some people give it back. Some don't. That's the world we live in. That's why, in games at least, you can, and should set up private groups, premades, if you want to cater to those who will reciprocate your good intentions.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 23, 2012, 10:38 AM
Sounds like you're just looking to increase your post account or can't read apparently, I guess being polite isn't something you do, which could indicate signs of being a child., if you understand where I'm coming from why post something so stupid? I don't really care, I still get farm it just sucks for others who want in on it too, and I"m trying to think of a solution to it, IE. like an option to vote kick someone in the multiparty area, and if they area doesn't belong to them either why do they have the right to take up space with non players to prevent other actual players from accessing said area?

Please. You honestly think I'm so petty that I would reply back to this of all things if I wanted to increase my post count? Surely, you jest. I'm not doing this for my health, you know.

I came in to provide input. If you don't agree with my point, that's fine, but don't insult my intelligence by stating I merely came in here to blow hot air. Now that we have the pleasantries out of the way, let's try this again. Maybe this time you will actually bother to read my post without being so quick to lash out at me.

First topic:

I don't really care

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have created a topic about it. Next topic.

I"m trying to think of a solution to it

Oh look, you care after all just as I thought. Moving along.

an option to vote kick someone in the multiparty area

Now there's a thought. Why don't we kick someone from an area that isn't even there for the multiparty (I still encounter people that aren't even aware of how to use the multiparty feature, they just create a room and get grouped with parties anyway)? Yeah. That sounds like a great idea.

And here you were calling me the stupid one? Honestly... okay! Last topic.

and if they area doesn't belong to them either why do they have the right to take up space with non players to prevent other actual players from accessing said area?

^ this right here. See? This is exactly the shit I'm talking about. Now had you actually took the time to comprehend what I typed, you would understand what I meant by this, but no... no no no. I must just be posting in here to increase my total post count. Yeah, that's it. Man, I don't give a shit about my post count.

Let me try to explain this to you (since you didn't bother to read between the lines the first time). We, as players, have a freedom to do as we wish in the fields within the boundaries of the game (e.g. don't hack). This includes, but is not limited to:

A player may request the assistance of NPC friend or story NPC to complete a quest.

Once again, I'm sorry, but if this rains on your parade... tough shit. They're not breaking any rules. You may think it's annoying for them to be taking up "space" or whatever, but they're just playing the game, man. Just as you are.

You know, you should be glad that SoJ even allows multiple parties in an area. It's a freedom that all players have. We can choose to multiparty or not. You're just going to have to learn to live with that.

So yes, once again... I understand where you're coming from, but there's honestly nothing that can be done to rectify this situation you speak of. So, go ahead and keep bitching like you've been doing, thinking you're the only one in here posting to not increase their post count. For someone who wants to talk about, "childish behavior" you sure display the qualities of that quite a bit yourself.

This dude thinks this is #firstworldproblems or some shit, lol.

MoonlightMyau
Jul 23, 2012, 10:41 AM
Iroquois Pliskin, you go on about people being childish etc & yet throughout this thread you have been quite rude yourself, to various posters.

Without the full details of the conversation, it's hard to know who was being unreasonable. But nobody, has any right whatsoever to tell anybody else how to play or enjoy the game. If somebody wants to dance in the middle of the desert with a party full of NPC's then they jolly well can.

If somebody is annoying you, then just blacklist them. If you believe they are genuinely breaking the T&Cs then there are channels to go down for that too.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 23, 2012, 10:44 AM
If somebody wants to dance in the middle of the desert with a party full of NPC's then they jolly well can.

Well, at least someone gets it. You sir, just made my day.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 10:50 AM
Iroquois Pliskin, you go on about people being childish etc & yet throughout this thread you have been quite rude yourself, to various posters.

Without the full details of the conversation, it's hard to know who was being unreasonable. But nobody, has any right whatsoever to tell anybody else how to play or enjoy the game. If somebody wants to dance in the middle of the desert with a party full of NPC's then they jolly well can.

If somebody is annoying you, then just blacklist them. If you believe they are genuinely breaking the T&Cs then there are channels to go down for that too.

I'm only rude to those who are rude to me... I haven't done anything wrong to anyone who has posted negatively in this thread or trying to get on their bad side... I"m not telling anyone how they can enjoy the game I'm saying that for those who aren't enjoying the game because of this, then something should be done, and how there is no reason to be rude to someone who is asking in a very polite and sincere way to remove the npc...Take this guy's wall of text for example, he does this in every thread, he just posts and posts to up his count spouting nonsense that no one really bothers to read. Saying stuff he doesn't even know, not realizing how stupid he looks right now. I've already mentioned several times how everyone in the mutliparty was there and accounted for following eachother in the same Area 2, EVERYONE was farming the Area 2 multiparty, but it was 11 actual real players instead of 12, say that's the only multiparty around at this time would it be so unreasonable for that person to not be enjoying the game because he can't get into such a good farm group like this? Just because that person can't play with their NPC doesn't mean they wouldn't enjoy the game not sure how that makes any sense... they aren't even doing anything like helping a friend get FUN they are just taking away enjoyment from another player.

You're basically saying screw that guy in lobby who wants in on the multiparty let the random player who's solo with his story NPC enjoy the game... ok so what about the other guy? Not a smart way to think about it...

JeyKama
Jul 23, 2012, 10:50 AM
To be fair, it does kind of suck when you put in the effort to search for a good multiparty map, lock it, put out the password with "Great A2 multimap with lots of _____ mobs! Please no NPCs" in JP/EN, and some douche enters with a full group of them and sticks around.

Spellbinder
Jul 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
I'll probably great butting into this apparent war zone, but what of the case of parties that put in their comments explicitly that they're forming a farming party and ask people not to bring in NPC's?

I generally don't party with English players so maybe I just don't know, but if I'm not with my team and I'm looking for a free field party to join, I check all the comments first to see who's put together a room for the purpose of running around for items, PSE Bursts, etc.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 10:57 AM
I'll probably great butting into this apparent war zone, but what of the case of parties that put in their comments explicitly that they're forming a farming party and ask people not to bring in NPC's?

I generally don't party with English players so maybe I just don't know, but if I'm not with my team and I'm looking for a free field party to join, I check all the comments first to see who's put together a room for the purpose of running around for items, PSE Bursts, etc.

I did that but some people like being pricks on purpose, since he went to directly where we were and started to run with us fully aware that we were a farm party.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 10:59 AM
Man, what happened in here?

Sizustar
Jul 23, 2012, 11:07 AM
Man, what happened in here?

Normal situation on PSO-World as far as I'm aware.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 11:08 AM
Normal situation on PSO-World as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, I notice roughly 50% of threads tend to descend into madness rather quickly anymore.

Risuo
Jul 23, 2012, 11:10 AM
Strange and magical humanity, good sir. Strange and magical humanity.

moeri
Jul 23, 2012, 11:10 AM
@OP you have a tendency to call people "childish", "dumb", "child", "prick", etc. This tendency is fairly offensive and I suggest you take a look here: rules (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forumrules)
Other posters may have "insulted" you, but your behavior has been on a whole different level.

Now, I understand what you are saying, and I have read through every post in this thread.

The main problem with this player isn't the fact that he/she is playing with npcs, but instead the general attitude this player has toward you.

There really is not anything to do, and if this player is going to disagree with you, then well they will disagree. If they are rude to you, well still really nothing you can do. Move on, drink something nice, and take life easy for a bit.

Wolfgrey666
Jul 23, 2012, 11:22 AM
@OP you have a tendency to call people "childish", "dumb", "child", "prick", etc. This tendency is fairly and I suggest you take a look here: rules (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forumrules)
Other posters may have "insulted" you, but your behavior has been on a whole different level.

Now, I understand what you are saying, and I have read through every post in this thread.

The main problem with this player isn't the fact that he/she is playing with npcs, but instead the general attitude this player has toward you.

There really is not anything to do, and if this player is going to disagree with you, then well they will disagree. If they are rude to you, well still really nothing you can do. Move on, drink something nice, and take life easy for a bit.

Exactly.

Other than moving on and taking all your mates with you. there is no other solution.

Since you have a farm group going anyway OP, then you can just simply remake and replace his spot and his npc's spot.Not hard.

As for the rest there is not a single thing you can do.That is all.

/thread

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 11:28 AM
This dude thinks this is #firstworldproblems or some shit, lol.

You're welcome.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23851800.jpg

Risuo
Jul 23, 2012, 11:31 AM
... That actually works pretty well. Huh.

Dan Maku
Jul 23, 2012, 11:54 AM
makes me wonder what happened to that mature community from PSO1 days.

>stealing dropped weapons from fallen teammates
>VMU hacking
>broomop

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/059/143/Ohwow.jpg

sugarFO
Jul 23, 2012, 12:01 PM
You're welcome.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23851800.jpg

Brilliant lmao

GrieverXVII
Jul 23, 2012, 12:12 PM

And after all, this is a japanese server where not many may even understand what they're doing half the time to others. Rude responses ok..fine shrug it off and move on. Alerting the community about it? Imo, unnecessary as we all go through it at least once.

hbmizzle10
Jul 23, 2012, 12:17 PM
why dont you file a complaint to sega? adding npc's seems to contradict the whole working together concept(why would sega do that to an mmo is beyond me. seems like they were randomly adding something from past games without fully considering the consequences)

MoonlightMyau
Jul 23, 2012, 12:20 PM
I'm only rude to those who are rude to me... I haven't done anything wrong to anyone who has posted negatively in this thread or trying to get on their bad side... I"m not telling anyone how they can enjoy the game I'm saying that for those who aren't enjoying the game because of this, then something should be done, and how there is no reason to be rude to someone who is asking in a very polite and sincere way to remove the npc...Take this guy's wall of text for example, he does this in every thread, he just posts and posts to up his count spouting nonsense that no one really bothers to read. Saying stuff he doesn't even know, not realizing how stupid he looks right now. I've already mentioned several times how everyone in the mutliparty was there and accounted for following eachother in the same Area 2, EVERYONE was farming the Area 2 multiparty, but it was 11 actual real players instead of 12, say that's the only multiparty around at this time would it be so unreasonable for that person to not be enjoying the game because he can't get into such a good farm group like this? Just because that person can't play with their NPC doesn't mean they wouldn't enjoy the game not sure how that makes any sense... they aren't even doing anything like helping a friend get FUN they are just taking away enjoyment from another player.

You're basically saying screw that guy in lobby who wants in on the multiparty let the random player who's solo with his story NPC enjoy the game... ok so what about the other guy? Not a smart way to think about it...

It's not tit for tat, that IS childish. It's like saying "If you pull my pigtails, I'm gonna shove you in the mud :etongue::etongue::etongue:". People may have been a bit blunt but not rude & certainly not rude in the same way that you have been

Saying something should be done about the way people are playing a game while using the in-game features IS telling them how to play/enjoy the game. I cannot comment on what the other person has done because you will not post the details of the conversation (and that is absolutely fair enough, I wouldn't either) but it is unreasonable of you to ask somebody to stop playing a game how they choose. I sympathise with people who want to get into parties/multi-parties that are full, of course I do, it's happened since the original PSO (minus the NPCs back then of course) but that's the way the cookie crumbles. At least we have the option of multi-parties now.

Again (regarding the bold part) that is telling them how to play the game. People have the right to play the game however they choose, using the in game features. Numerous people have given you suggestions on how to avoid situations like this in future, I suggest you bear those suggestions in mind.

La'Haryl
Jul 23, 2012, 12:58 PM

Orrrr, just stop whining and password protect your parties?

What's with all these topics lately?

"WAH I GOT BANNED BECAUSE I AFKED IN A LOBBY ON SHIP 2"

"WAH I HAVE IDIOTS IN MY PARTY BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT THAT COMPLAINS ABOUT PEOPLE JOINING MY PARTIES THAT AREN'T PASSWORD PROTECTED"

Zorafim
Jul 23, 2012, 01:02 PM
Being banned from a game for not doing anything is a pretty good reason to complain.

Zipzo
Jul 23, 2012, 01:05 PM

"WAH I HAVE IDIOTS IN MY PARTY BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT THAT COMPLAINS ABOUT PEOPLE JOINING MY PARTIES THAT AREN'T PASSWORD PROTECTED"

Tone it down.

Lyric
Jul 23, 2012, 01:25 PM
I did that but some people like being pricks on purpose, since he went to directly where we were and started to run with us fully aware that we were a farm party.

Though I realize you said something to him/her on the matter in-game, they may or may not have known it was a farming group initially. Guy was probably soloing in his own party and proceeded to be thrown into the multi-party area you were farming once he arrived in area 2. Like anyone else, he probably thought 'Oh, hey, other people.'

Unless you know for a fact he was trying to gain access to the multi party from the get go?

He may have been rude to you, but ultimately there isn't anything you can do about it. You can either deal with it or restart somewhere else. It's THAT cut and dry. Sitting here going back and forth with the people telling you 'how it is' isn't going to help the situation, and you're only hurting yourself by throwing hypocritical insults about being childish. Just give it a rest, man.

We've all had to deal with people who weren't playing the game how we may have liked them to, but at the end of the day it's their right to do so.

MoonlightMyau
Jul 23, 2012, 01:47 PM

The people being banned for AFKing are being falsely banned because of hackers moving and falsely reporting them, if I am not mistaken?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 01:50 PM
I've tried to jump into some of your games Sniper Wolf... but the slots are always 2/4 or 3/4 when I see you on when I can get on, but the multi area is already capped at 12/12. ;_;

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 23, 2012, 02:37 PM
>Decide not to use the multiparty password function, which is intended for people that only want certain people in their multiparty
>Cry when other people end up in your multiparty

Are you really this dumb OP? Lol get a clue already. Use the features available to you, or shut up, seriously.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 23, 2012, 02:49 PM
npc/friend partners should be expendable, and once the room hits 12/12, a random npc/friend partner is booted automatically once a human player wants to join.

multiparty password function is nice but we're greedy and we want as many people in our parties as possible so we can get more bursts, thus multiparty password thing only works if you have a lot of people to party with. since most people generally do not have 12 people online on their friends list, they enter public multiparties in hopes they can play together and also play with other random human players to burst.

what would be also nice is being able to see the capacity of the multiparty area you're in, after you join it. there's no way to easily see. then if you checked it was 12/12 and you had an npc in your party, you could just go back to campship (also annoying, you should be able to boot npc/friend partners whenever whereever) and send them away. 11/12 always gets the spot filled fast. it'd be better if that automatically happened though.

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 02:57 PM
>OP makes a thread to discuss certain players that are taking up game space. He/She apparently kindly asked them to removed the NPCs and he got snarled at or something.

>But instead of people agreeing or giving useful advice, everyone attacks the OP and turns it into OP being immature him/herself, for whatever twisted self righteous reason people can come up with just to have an excuse to attack someone...

The hell's wrong with you people?

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 23, 2012, 03:03 PM
npc/friend partners should be expendable, and once the room hits 12/12, a random npc/friend partner is booted automatically once a human player wants to join.

multiparty password function is nice but we're greedy and we want as many people in our parties as possible so we can get more bursts, thus multiparty password thing only works if you have a lot of people to party with. since most people generally do not have 12 people online on their friends list, they enter public multiparties in hopes they can play together and also play with other random human players to burst.

Smart players that encounter this situation have handled it fine from day one, by titling their game 'Burst party' and leaving the multiparty pass in the comments field for anyone that wants to join it. Simple problem, simple solution.

People that are serious about doing burst parties and know what they're doing never run open games, they use the multiparty pass. Its really the only way to do it. Folks like the OP just don't know what they're doing and would rather whine for people to make their lives easier instead of using common sense

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 23, 2012, 03:07 PM
>OP makes a thread to discuss certain players that are taking up game space. He/She apparently kindly asked them to removed the NPCs and he got snarled at or something.

>But instead of people agreeing or giving useful advice, everyone attacks the OP and turns it into OP being immature him/herself, for whatever twisted self righteous reason people can come up with just to have an excuse to attack someone...

Because the OP was the one being immature in the first place for acting like running open games and yelling at random people in the multiparty to get rid of NPCs is anyway to do a burst party.

If you want to run burst parties you multiparty pass it and leave the pass in the comments. Public games have people running all sorts of orders and its retarded to tell them they need to fix a problem that you yourself created by not handling the situation right in the first place.

Gardios
Jul 23, 2012, 03:12 PM

Can't you just put the password into the description? That way people who want to join farming multiparties can do so and people who just want to level up NPC relationships don't accidentally join them.

Of course, there's always that one jerk who joins with NPCs, but it would still reduce the number of people who (understandably) don't want to oblige because they'll never join in the first place.

Angelo
Jul 23, 2012, 03:17 PM
Leaders are leaders.

If you don't like the way they steer the ship, pilot your own.

Best advice I can give.

Ueno54
Jul 23, 2012, 03:23 PM

It was the way Sniper came off. They were raging and acting immature while calling everyone else immature. I understand they're upset, it was just too angry.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 23, 2012, 03:48 PM

In case you missed the OP's post, I'll condense it for you:

"WAHHHH! WHY WON'T PEOPLE PLAY THE GAME BY MY RULES?! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME AND WHAT I WANT!! ANYBODY THAT SAYS OTHERWISE OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T HAVE A POINT, THEY'RE JUST WANTING TO INCREASE THEIR POST COUNT!!"

I mean, really. It's ridiculous. I don't know why he-no. Ya know what. I'm done.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/B1Vgr.jpg[/spoiler-box]

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 04:03 PM
In case you missed the OP's post, I'll condense it for you:

"WAHHHH! WHY WON'T PEOPLE PLAY THE GAME BY MY RULES?! IT'S ALL ABOUT ME AND WHAT I WANT!! ANYBODY THAT SAYS OTHERWISE OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T HAVE A POINT, THEY'RE JUST WANTING TO INCREASE THEIR POST COUNT!!"

I mean, really. It's ridiculous. I don't know why he-no. Ya know what. I'm done.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/B1Vgr.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Whut

If that's what goes through your heads that'd explain what's wrong with you people. :0

Goat666
Jul 23, 2012, 04:07 PM
Ya know what.
it's not a childish behaviour contest

taildvailn
Jul 23, 2012, 04:43 PM
From my experience, people who like to throw the word "immature" or "childish" around usually have been called such themselves, so maybe they feel like they have something to prove, lol. As someone who used to think similarly, let me just say that none of this is worth wasting your breath over, you're not going to convince the other guy of your point, I promise you that much lol.

GrieverXVII
Jul 23, 2012, 04:48 PM
I think this thread (including me) is just filled with people who argue...for the sake of arguing. Maybe its fun? Maybe you're serious...maybe joo be trollin. But i think we can all agree...at the end of the day. We all lose because this thread and its posts are hilarious.

Risuo
Jul 23, 2012, 04:50 PM
So the epic saga continues? Just woke up and headed for school, haha.

I think there isn't anything wrong trying to convince someone of something, as long as it's valid and it's for positive reinforcement, but the methods and wordings more often than not tend to cause their messages to be... blurred summat (._.)

taildvailn
Jul 23, 2012, 04:59 PM
I think this thread (including me) is just filled with people who argue...for the sake of arguing. Maybe its fun? Maybe you're serious...maybe joo be trollin. But i think we can all agree...at the end of the day. We all lose because this thread and its posts are hilarious.

Guilty as charged. 2 more hours to kill before work ends.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jul 23, 2012, 05:04 PM
This thread..., oh this thread. :lol:

I'll come out clean and say that the person the OP is referring to is me. I decided today to join a populated Multiparty game and farm for meseta with my lesbian girlfriend business partner Echo.(...what? I can dream can't I?) upon making it to were the other party. I was kindly asked to remove Echo from my party. I remembered all the Anti-NPC threads and moaning and thought about being an asshole for a game in spit of it. so I told them *Echo is my home girl, She stays*. But oh my goodness.... Pliskin and his/her friend asked again for me to remove Echo and I was like *insert snappy witty remark.... I forgot what I said*. I had a good laugh at His/Her friends reaction. the game went silent for a bit until Pliskin brought it up again. "You still have that NPC with you?..." then they started making the insults and started calling me a child and Echo a loli. which somewhat made my blood boil because me and Echo are far from those names and labels. I was having quite a good laugh though. I was like *all this over 1 NPC? lol?* game went silent again after the insults ended. then I see this thread and its reply's. Good show. what Pliskin refers to as "Childish Behavior" was actually intentional tomfoolery.

but really, some people are slightly sentimental about some NPC's like me and Echo. some people may even be sentimental about Afin. deal with it. and I didn't like how I had to remove Echo just to appease some random assholes invisible no NPC clause. I left my game Unpassworded and only brought Echo. I guess next time I'll bring Lisa and Patty with me and we can sing Christmas Carols and Lullaby's on your doorstep Mr. or Ms. Pliskin.

and to everyone please...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3s9u059Gk1rp7qhco1_500.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

are we done here? probably not now that I finally posted my side of this. :/

DragonForce
Jul 23, 2012, 05:07 PM
How dare you prioritize a retarded NPC over a living person YOU MONSTER!!! D:<<<

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 05:07 PM

I'll come out clean and say that the person the OP is referring to is me. I decided today to join a populated Multiparty game and farm for meseta with my lesbian girlfriend business partner Echo.(...what? I can dream can't I?) upon making it to were the other party. I was kindly asked to remove Echo from my party. I remembered all the Anti-NPC threads and moaning and thought about being an asshole for a game in spit of it. so I told them *Echo is my home girl, She stays*. But oh my goodness.... Pliskin and his/her friend asked again for me to remove Echo and I was like *insert snappy witty remark.... I forgot what I said*. I had a good laugh at His/Her friends reaction. the game went silent for a bit until Pliskin brought it up again. "You still have that NPC with you?..." then they started making the insults and I was having quite a good laugh. I was like *all this over 1 NPC? lol?* game went silent again after the insults ended. then I see this thread and its reply's. Good show. what Pliskin refers to as "Childish Behavior" was actually intentional tomfoolery.

but really, some people are slightly sentimental about some NPC's like me and Echo. some people may even be sentimental about Afin. deal with it. and I didn't like how I had to remove Echo just to appease some random assholes invisible no NPC clause. I left my game Unpassworded and only brought Echo. I guess next time I'll bring Lisa and Patty with me and we can sing Christmas Carols and Lullaby's on your doorstep Mr. or Ms. Pliskin.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3s9u059Gk1rp7qhco1_500.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

So everyone is dumb including both sides of this problem and the people looking for a chance to attack OP.

Man this community is terrible. D:

DragonForce
Jul 23, 2012, 05:11 PM
Man this community is terrible. D:

Not as bad as R6: Vegas 2's. If you don't play that shit like it's CoD you get booted.

Agitated_AT
Jul 23, 2012, 05:17 PM
This thread is really dumb tbh. You can't dictate to others what they should do when the game allows it.

The game allowing something means that it's permitted, that it's playing within it's rules that the designers intended.

As i've said, if you have issues with not being able to join these games because of NPC's, go complain towards the game for allowing NPC's instead of the players who use them

Cyclon
Jul 23, 2012, 05:19 PM
At the very least... I guess this is becoming interesting^^;

I couldn't even read this whole thread though. The bikini one, among others, has already killed any hope I had left regarding the future of mankind.

But seriously, you guys are starting too many arguments at the same time, I just can't keep up...:-o

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 05:21 PM
At the very least... I guess this is becoming interesting^^;

I couldn't even read this whole thread though. The bikini one, among others, has already killed any hope I had left regarding the future of mankind.

But seriously, you guys are starting too many arguments at the same time, I just can't keep up...:-o

I don't even read most of them, I just call people dumb.

Macman
Jul 23, 2012, 05:24 PM
I get more annoyed by NPC chatspam than about them "ruining" my burst attempts.

Mystil
Jul 23, 2012, 05:30 PM
When something like this happens I advise people to just leave the map and remake, makes me wonder what happened to that mature community from PSO1 days.

DC PSO vets are from an older generation of gamers who are all grown up now. If there is any playing PSO2, there is a tiny few.. I only met about 4 in PSU...in the 3 yrs I played it. What you're dealing with now, is the new norm.

Risuo
Jul 23, 2012, 06:04 PM
NO WE MUST CLAM OUR TITS

[spoiler-box]http://sadpanda.us/images/1099032-GOD01LI.png[/spoiler-box]

All that aside, now both parties have spoken and the plot twists come to light, I have come to a conclusion.

HIGHLY RELEVANT.
[spoiler-box]
http://www.recipekey.com/images/browse_pictures/waffle-recipes.jpg

Waffles.
[/spoiler-box]
This thread can now be eaten and digested by history. Bon voyage, and areevedurrchee.

DragonForce
Jul 23, 2012, 06:12 PM
Those waffles are a little too brown for me. :/

Risuo
Jul 23, 2012, 06:18 PM
[spoiler-box]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DvQAaK2MuBc/Sl8iHhGJGsI/AAAAAAAABW0/YnefnKP4HTc/s400/3726504098_3c1f082bdb_b.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Have the batter then. It's not brown at all :D

GoldenFalcon
Jul 23, 2012, 06:19 PM
What did I miss?

When I last looked, people were questioning the authenticity of her story

MUDGRIP
Jul 23, 2012, 06:35 PM
nah f that... im do free missions with my npc's because its an option to us players of the game. if you dont like my npc's than restart the mission and hope you zone into a different multiparty area. umadbro?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 23, 2012, 06:55 PM
nah f that... im do free missions with my npc's because its an option to us players of the game. if you dont like my npc's than restart the mission and hope you zone into a different multiparty area. umadbro?

Yeah, people can check the NPC board to see if any are taken, then retake quest in the camp ship with the 2nd option under password if they really hate it that much

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 06:59 PM

I'll come out clean and say that the person the OP is referring to is me. I decided today to join a populated Multiparty game and farm for meseta with my lesbian girlfriend business partner Echo.(...what? I can dream can't I?) upon making it to were the other party. I was kindly asked to remove Echo from my party. I remembered all the Anti-NPC threads and moaning and thought about being an asshole for a game in spit of it. so I told them *Echo is my home girl, She stays*. But oh my goodness.... Pliskin and his/her friend asked again for me to remove Echo and I was like *insert snappy witty remark.... I forgot what I said*. I had a good laugh at His/Her friends reaction. the game went silent for a bit until Pliskin brought it up again. "You still have that NPC with you?..." then they started making the insults and started calling me a child and Echo a loli. which somewhat made my blood boil because me and Echo are far from those names and labels. I was having quite a good laugh though. I was like *all this over 1 NPC? lol?* game went silent again after the insults ended. then I see this thread and its reply's. Good show. what Pliskin refers to as "Childish Behavior" was actually intentional tomfoolery.

For reference it's actually a him for those who are wondering, and I like how false your statement is, I'm surprised you even bothered to show your face here, it wasn't just my friend others asked you, no one insulted you until you began to insult others for simply asking you to remove an NPC nicely, you started to make remarks that were just not needed, there wasn't a simple "No" or anything you had to go off and add stupid childish remarks. If you can't be mature about it then don't say anything at all, appease a random asshole? it wasn't for my sake, how dumb are you? This wasn't about me it was about the group as a whole, you should really change your attitude sometime, maybe just maybe someone will partner card you and respect you, maybe. The way you act just reminds me of people who need help...lots of it.

Post got moved to here... oh well it's what happens when I try to help warn others of some rude behavior.

BogusKun
Jul 23, 2012, 07:22 PM
If I were playing the game and couldn't get any friends in because of the NPC-Storm... I would leave and form my team outside of the game and set a new quest. Eventually, we will be joined others actually playing.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 07:25 PM
Post got moved to here... OFC I forgot the mods don't like me, oh well it's what happens when I try to help warn others of some rude behavior.

This is a rant thread, technically. Ergo, it got moved to the 'Rants' section. It's not a grand conspiracy against you. It's just the moderation staff, I dunno, doing their job?

At least it didn't get FKL'd, you know?

CJ Johnny
Jul 23, 2012, 07:54 PM
This is nothing.... Story NPC or Friend's as NPC.

Try this.
'Solo'. And the party is "lock".

Anyway!
There are only a hand full or less then a hand full players at this forum, do "Realize" you only see your own Dorp....!!

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 08:18 PM
Well it doesn't matter I just know who to not party with and expressing my views on it, and for those who want to share my opinion, just sucks I remember the community being much much different when I joined in 2003 on these forums, I'm not really directing anything towards 1 person or the staff of the forums or anything I know they do their job well, but that doesn't mean people can't dislike others' opinions, they're entitled to their own opinions too, I would just suggest if you run across someone like this in game, remake your multiparty (not with a password) but just hope they don't follow you unless they really are that bored.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 24, 2012, 02:59 PM
I giggled at a post about mature PSO players. They were just as bad back then as most of the people on PSU/PSO2 are now.

Ranmaru
Jul 27, 2012, 05:10 AM
Not as bad as R6: Vegas 2's. If you don't play that shit like it's CoD you get booted.

I play that game. <3

Anyways I agree with whoever said that, if the person disagrees, regardless of their attitude, then re-make and even do what Gamerx suggested. And no "We shouldn't HAVE to do that". You DO have to do that. It's just not possible to do what you want to do, and you saying that just shows (I think) you might be a little upset that you couldn't do it in that certain situation. I also don't think there would be a 'kick' button in an open multi party. Random encounters with people are nice. ;D Now see the bold in this paragraph? Don't let their attitude get you angry. Just ignore it. Now then. Consider this:

Three separate parties party up in a multi-party. Guess what, each separate party can kick their separate members. So I think your locked MP would work for you if you put in the pass and burst thingy in the description.

Arguing about it will get you no where. You gave your opinion, and everyone has acknowledged it.

Nothing else to do from here. 8-)