PDA

View Full Version : Raising Awareness to the Banning Issue!

Pages : [1] 2 3

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 12:14 PM
I know that there was a topic about this yesterday. The hackers are moving players while afk and then reporting them for being outside the ship. I was just online less than 5 hours ago and left to get some rest so I could feed my MAG when I got back. My screensaver comes on after an hour of being idle, and it makes my client close. The thing is, I wasn't even in the lobby of B20. I was in a lesser populated block [I think 6 or 7] and in the very back of the shopping area where hardly anyone goes. When I came back only a handful of hours later, my client had been closed as I expected, but my account was banned~

But anywho! I'm not upset or anything, just bummed because I just got my MAG to 30 two days ago and I was almost level 19! D: This post is more of an eye opener. These guys aren't going for high or low levels in particular, just anyone and everyone they can get their hands on long enough to take a screenshot and report. I've already made another account and will be happily playing again after lunch~

Everyone, just keep an eye out. Even though I thought I was safe in a mostly empty block, I still got moved and hacked in a very short amount of time.

Edit: G.A.M.E.R-X and a few others have mentioned that after 5 or so reports, a player is automatically banned. Does anyone have any solid proof of this? Links to an official page would be greatly appreciated! <3

Zyrusticae
Jul 23, 2012, 12:16 PM
Got it. Only afking within a camp ship from now on.

Really, though, they should have fixed that along with the NPC moving crap... *sigh*

Limbo_lag
Jul 23, 2012, 12:16 PM
Eh....I thought they fixed this with the latest update :/ Bad luck....

sugarFO
Jul 23, 2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah. Definitely go to someones room or simply log off until Sega addresses this issue... better.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 12:18 PM
Just go AFK in your room, or a friend's room if you're not a premium member. Problem = solved.

Dan Maku
Jul 23, 2012, 12:19 PM
Here's a tip for when you make a new account: avoid Ship 2 like the fucking plague. It's devolved into a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Kanore
after 20 failed maintenances SoJ just decided to ban everyone remotely involved with 'being outside the window'

japan: over 99% conviction rates

Here's a tip for when you make a new account: avoid Ship 2 like the fucking plague. It's devolved into a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

what epic japanese video game did you derive that quote from

you remind me of my favorite jrpg characters by saying that you know ^_______________________________________^

BIG OLAF

Nope.

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 12:21 PM
I actually don't know how to go to someone's room. D: Never really tried to figure it out though since I didn't have a lot of friends... But yeah, I just find it so weird since I almost always close my client before bed manually~ I'm practically a nobody in the community and was still targeted. xD

Edit: I'll probably stay on Ship02 for the time being~ I was on ship10 for a while and it was a pain trying to buy items I needed from player shops because the supply didn't meet the demand. D:

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
I actually don't know how to go to someone's room. D: Never really tried to figure it out though since I didn't have a lot of friends... But yeah, I just find it so weird since I almost always close my client before bed manually~ I'm practically a nobody in the community and was still targeted. xD

So, you're saying you were logged out and you were still moved? That doesn't seem possible.

Or, what do you mean when you say you "closed the client"?

Shakuri
Jul 23, 2012, 12:24 PM
People need to learn how to log off. Pretty much no reason to AFK for more than 10 minutes at the most. If you're dead set on being logged in as you're doing something else away from your computer for some reason...AFK in a room.

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 12:27 PM
So, you're saying you were logged out and you were still moved? That doesn't seem possible.

Or, what do you mean when you say you "closed the client"?

I mean that normally I just close my client/log out before bed. But on occasions I'll stay logged in and afk so when I got back, I could feed my MAG. Today was just one of the days I decided to stay logged in. c:

Dan Maku
Jul 23, 2012, 12:28 PM
I bet ten rubles it's only a matter of time before the hackers get into My Rooms and continue their reign of terror therein...

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 12:33 PM
I mean that normally I just close my client/log out before bed. But on occasions I'll stay logged in and afk so when I got back, I could feed my MAG. Today was just one of the days I decided to stay logged in. c:

Oh, I see. Yeah, like Shakuri said, if you're gonna be idle for longer than about 1-15 minutes, just log out or go to your room (friend's room if not Premium). The worst thing that could happen is that you lose your place in B20 (or wherever you were), but hey...better than being banned. Sorry it happened to you. Must suck to see all that hard work get thrown away...

...especially if you spent real money on AC. That would be the worst...

Reiketsu
Jul 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
I'm sorry to hear that >_< Oh man... this is kinda getting scary ^^"
I'm already trying to spend as little time as possible in the lobby... it's making me paranoid... xD"
It's like "Quick, give me you're f-ing client order so I can get the hell outta here!! T___T"

drizzle
Jul 23, 2012, 12:39 PM
Bull manure. SEGA doesn't ban for AFKing and if you believe otherwise, you're an idiot.

More likely it's obscene symbol art, like the others who got "banned for AFKing". Contrary to popular belief, that stuff is not acceptable in Japanese games, and I'm glad they're finally swinging that banhammer. It was about time.

Alenoir
Jul 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
I bet ten rubles it's only a matter of time before the hackers get into My Rooms and continue their reign of terror therein...

You can set it so your My Room can only be accessed by friends, team members, friends and team members, or yourself only.

Sounds like it's time to start setting your room's privacy!

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 12:40 PM
Bull manure. SEGA doesn't ban for AFKing and if you believe otherwise, you're an idiot.

More likely it's obscene symbol art, like the others who got "banned for AFKing".

You're not too aware of what's going on, are you?

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 12:46 PM
Oh, I see. Yeah, like Shakuri said, if you're gonna be idle for longer than about 1-15 minutes, just log out or go to your room (friend's room if not Premium). The worst thing that could happen is that you lose your place in B20 (or wherever you were), but hey...better than being banned. Sorry it happened to you. Must suck to see all that hard work get thrown away...

...especially if you spent real money on AC. That would be the worst...

I bought 500AC which is about... 6USD? So, I'm not too upset about that~ I'm just reaaaaally bummed about my MAG. D: I was so proud of that little bugger! Other than that, I can live with rolling a new character! The only other thing I miss is I just won a ticket for the Wild Pony as well. D: So, yeah... But anywho! I definitely need to find a room to hide out in when I want to MAG-feed.

I'm sorry to hear that >_< Oh man... this is kinda getting scary ^^"
I'm already trying to spend as little time as possible in the lobby... it's making me paranoid... xD"
It's like "Quick, give me you're f-ing client order so I can get the hell outta here!! T___T"

Yeeeeah, I think I'm just going to stay away from B20 as often as possible. I'll go when I need a squad for a mission and if its something I can solo, I'll stay in a less populated block~

More likely it's obscene symbol art, like the others who got "banned for AFKing". Contrary to popular belief, that stuff is not acceptable in Japanese games, and I'm glad they're finally swinging that banhammer. It was about time.

The most obscene symbol art I had was a creepy little rappy that had the caption "CRACK" on it. But yeah, its not being banned for AFKing. There are a couple of hackers that are moving players outside the ship and then those said hackers are reporting the players they've moved and getting them banned. I'm not the only person this has happened to recently. :c

Jungo Torii

Pretty sure the reason people get banned is because there's some weird auto ban system in place where enough reports will autoban you (in most cases from appearing outside the window in the lobby). For people who pay attention, we know it's not them actually doing it. But for those who don't, they click the little report button until the person inevitably gets banned due to players unaware of who's actually causing the problem.

And yeah, that sucks. Even after all these maintenances the same problems haven't been fixed.

And if I'm wrong about the autoban thing, sorry.

Elmera
You guys have me scared now, which option is to make my room private?
I AFK to feed my mags all the time, I'm not getting banned for this nonsense.
http://i.imgur.com/HwUeF.png

Zipzo
Jul 23, 2012, 12:49 PM
Honestly, I don't get why being outside the window is even a big deal.

People used to do this kind of stuff in PSO (move in to walls/pillars etc) back in PSO lobbies and back then it was just something that was funny to do and that was it. Nobody gave it even a second thought.

Why is it something so horrible now and detestable now? Moving NPC's, yes, but how harmful is it to exploit terrain in the lobby?

kkow
Jul 23, 2012, 12:49 PM
autoban feature huh. anyone know if this is happening to jpn players too? or are the "hackers" targeting english peeps only?

Alenoir
Jul 23, 2012, 12:51 PM
You guys have me scared now, which option is to make my room private?
I AFK to feed my mags all the time, I'm not getting banned for this nonsense.
http://i.imgur.com/HwUeF.png

- Anyone can enter
- Friends only
- Team members only
- Friends and team members only
- Private (only you can enter)

Elmera
Jul 23, 2012, 12:54 PM
Thank you I'll just AFK in my room from now on

La'Haryl
Jul 23, 2012, 12:56 PM
"I was a tard and sat in the lobby on ship 2"

/thread

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 12:57 PM
Honestly, I don't get why being outside the window is even a big deal.

People used to do this kind of stuff in PSO (move in to walls/pillars etc) back in PSO lobbies and back then it was just something that was funny to do and that was it. Nobody gave it even a second thought.

Why is it something so horrible now and detestable now? Moving NPC's, yes, but how harmful is it to exploit terrain in the lobby?

Not really sure why moving players has rustled SoJ's jimmies. I think they're banning quickly because its an actual auto-ban feature. So they aren't really reveiwing the reports. I'm guessing--like what others have said--that after a number of reports in a certain amount of time, your account will be locked and banned. :c If I get unbanned, then yay! If not, then oh well! There's a reason why I have so many video games to feed my nerdlust~

autoban feature huh. anyone know if this is happening to jpn players too? or are the "hackers" targeting english peeps only?

So far, I've only seen English speakers talking about being banned. It could be Japanese players as well, but since they probably use different forums than us, we don't see their reports.

Thank you I'll just AFK in my room from now on

Do only premium members get rooms? I know I read this somewhere before, but the translation was weird... If so, I need to find some friends with rooms. xD

/thread

Now, now~ No need for name calling. c:
I said earlier that I wasn't in the lobby of B20~ I was in a scarsely populated lobby [it was either 6 or 7] and I was waaaay in the back of the shopping area.

FerrPSO
Jul 23, 2012, 12:59 PM

/thread

The fuck is wrong with people here?

So, Sega bans the victim of the hackers, not the hackers themselves (everyone knows them, they were reported and they still there in block 20) and the fault is from the victim?

Come on guys, this is SoA levels of incompetence from SoJ.

Dan Maku
Do only premium members get rooms? I know I read this somewhere before, but the translation was weird... If so, I need to find some friends with rooms. xD

You can get three-day room passes from the FUN Scratch, or buy room passes seperate from the premium pass.

Zipzo
If anything I think this serves people right to afk forever and take up block space.

For getting caught in a completely unpopulated block though, that sucks.

WolfDreamer
Jul 23, 2012, 01:04 PM
I haven't seen this yet in the threads, so I thought I'd ask.

Everyone keep saying "go to your/friends room and your fine while AFK'ing" but what I'm wondering is if its safe to start a mission thats got a password and setup for friend only invites and go afk inside the "staging area ship". Any reports of people having issues while in there?

La'Haryl
Jul 23, 2012, 01:05 PM

So, Sega bans the victim of the hackers, not the hackers themselves (everyone knows them, they were reported and they still there in block 20) and the fault is from the victim?

Your side of the argument is void, because here are the facts:

We know that there are hackers

We know that the hackers are getting players banned on purpose

We know how sega handles the hackers

We know we are at risk of getting banned, because of hackers

People are still afking in lobbies

Those people are tards if they're going to come on these forums and complain about getting banned, because they afked in the lobbies.

Ergo, these threads are pointless.

It is the victim's fault. Would you have sex without a condom and then try to reason with your new and exciting sexually transmitted disease that it shouldn't inhabit your unmentionables because you were the victim? You put yourself at risk, you deal with the consequences.

Shakuri
Jul 23, 2012, 01:08 PM
Everyone keep saying "go to your/friends room and your fine while AFK'ing" but what I'm wondering is if its safe to start a mission thats got a password and setup for friend only invites and go afk inside the "staging area ship". Any reports of people having issues while in there?

Yes. Just make sure you use the no-multi party option though, otherwise you're wasting slots.

KEV1N
Jul 23, 2012, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the club.

Dan Maku
Jul 23, 2012, 01:13 PM
It is the victim's fault.

You must have such a sparkling personality...

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 23, 2012, 01:16 PM
>Level 30 Mag
>Level 19 character
>Been around since official launch if not before

So sorry to hear you got banned, guess you'll have to go back to using chatango to chat with people....lol wtf I got to 19 and beyond a level 30 mag just in my first DAY it only takes a few hours...How many hours are on your game file again??

I love how all of the most blatant lobby loiterers that spend more time in the lobbys than in the game are coming on here one after another all like woest me I'm banned lol.....not like you guys were really playing the game anyway

I guess the one benefit of being a lobby rat is if you never PLAY the game, when you get targeted for being a long time afker and get banned, it only takes 2 hours to bring your character back up to where it used to be after remaking >_>

La'Haryl
Jul 23, 2012, 01:16 PM
You must have such a sparkling personality...

It IS the victim's fault. This is how things are, they aren't likely to change anytime soon, he/she put himself at risk, he's/she's at fault.

Malevolent215
Jul 23, 2012, 01:24 PM

Those people are tards if they're going to come on these forums and complain about getting banned, because they afked in the lobbies.

It is the victim's fault. Would you have sex without a condom and then try to reason with your new and exciting sexually transmitted disease that it shouldn't inhabit your unmentionables because you were the victim? You put yourself at risk, you deal with the consequences.

Yea.... although I understand what your point is, and I do partially agree with it... You need to re-read the OP.

Malice wasn't complaining, she was just letting people know that it happened to her in an unpopulated Lobby while in the shopping area. This is actually good info since so many people jump to blame block 20, and all of the AFKers there.

Also, I'm just going to throw out there that not every english players visits the forums daily... some do not know what is going on....

This reminds me so much of the Hacking situations on Diablo III with the authenticators...

MissMalice
You can get three-day room passes from the FUN Scratch, or buy room passes seperate from the premium pass.

I know that the premium passes are limited, but are room passes on a time limit as well? If not, then that seems like a good investment to work towards. c:

One would think that Sega would take this situation a bit more seriously. I think the reason why so little action has been taken is because a good chunk of the player base [PSO World] is not being heard. Japanese players most likely have their own forums and community like we do. Since this is the Japanese release, obviously Sega will look at the Japanese community more often than ours [if they even look here at all]. If there was a shared community where all reports and voices could be heard, then SoJ could see how grave the situation really is.

If anything I think this serves people right to afk forever and take up block space.

For getting caught in a completely unpopulated block though, that sucks.

Yeah, taking up space in the popular blocks is a bit... Annoying. There have been many times when I've tried going to B20 to get help with missions and found myself locked out. When I finally get in there, I see between 10 and 20 people just standing around. No chatting or anything.

If I know I'm going to be gone for a while, I just go to B19 or B21 [whichever is the least populated]. If I'm going to bed for the night, I go to the least populated block where less than 1/5 of the bar is filled. D: Staying afk in the most populated blocks lags up your computer anyways...

Please understand for my first post that I am not upset~ I am simply giving a warning! I would be upset if I had spent a lot of time here and/or money here, I'd probably be sad and whiny. However, I am not! c:

Also, there's no reason to be "name-calling"! We did that as children. If it was inappropriate back then, then it is inappropriate now~ Thank you!

>Level 30 Mag
>Level 19 character
>Been around since official launch if not before

So sorry to hear you got banned, guess you'll have to go back to using chatango to chat with people....lol wtf I got to 19 and beyond a level 30 mag just in my first DAY it only takes a few hours...How many hours are on your game file again??

I love how all of the most blatant lobby loiterers that spend more time in the lobbys than in the game are coming on here one after another all like woest me I'm banned lol.....not like you guys were really playing the game anyway

I guess the one benefit of being a lobby rat is if you never PLAY the game, when you get targeted for being a long time afker and get banned, it only takes 2 hours to bring your character back up to where it used to be after remaking >_>

Please, please, PLEASE read my opening post! I'm not upset! I'm not saying I lost a lot of progress! I'm not saying I should be pitied! My post was meant to be a warning~ If you read my replies, I already said that I don't mind rolling a new character! I'm not a lobby rat that hogs up space in a populated block~ I would stay online once or twice a week to feed my MAG in a lowly populated block with very few people.

I understand it doesn;t take long to level a character and MAG, but I just started this new character since the ships were locked from congestion. :c

There's no need to crucify me when I'm not sad or complaining! <3

KEV1N
HURRR U DESERVE IT

I was waiting for you to show up.

Garnet_Moon
And with you now here, I declare this thread over.
Just put him on your ignore list.

My condolences, MissMalice.

Gardios
Jul 23, 2012, 01:26 PM
I still can't believe people are actually blaming the banned person...

Just go AFK in your room, or a friend's room if you're not a premium member. Problem = solved.

I'd feel like a creeper if just went into another person's my room and then don't respond to him because I'm AFK. e_e

I'll just hang out in a camp ship whenever I'm doing symbol art now, I guess...

ShinMaruku
Jul 23, 2012, 01:27 PM
SoJ is just as incompetent as SoA I don't know where you got the idea that SoJ was any better...
Why you think SoA has anemic support?

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 01:28 PM
The fuck is wrong with people here?.

I dunno, there seems to be a lot of fucked up, low-blow posts going around here lately...

ShinMaruku
Jul 23, 2012, 01:30 PM
Bound to happen with this game time will shake it out.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 23, 2012, 01:30 PM
I dunno, there seems to be a lot of fucked up, low-blow posts going around here lately...

Yeah, it's starting to get really bad. This isn't needed. Especially with the problems people are having.

Ark22
Jul 23, 2012, 01:31 PM

Pretty sure that is a norm on PSOW.

ANYWAYS, that really sucks that you got banned. But I haven't played the game in like a week due to college coming up and signing up for classes.

But I hope you make a new character, and be happy again.

WITH LOVE, Ark22 ;D

Shakuri
Jul 23, 2012, 01:32 PM
OP have you tried sending in an appeal

Enforcer MKV
Jul 23, 2012, 01:33 PM

No, not to this extent.

Alenoir
Jul 23, 2012, 01:33 PM
I know that the premium passes are limited, but are room passes on a time limit as well? If not, then that seems like a good investment to work towards. c:

The ones you get from the FUN scratch are 3-day passes. As of right now, My Room is gonna be a "rental" feature unless SEGA changes it later down the route.

One would think that Sega would take this situation a bit more seriously. I think the reason why so little action has been taken is because a good chunk of the player base [PSO World] is not being heard. Japanese players most likely have their own forums and community like we do. Since this is the Japanese release, obviously Sega will look at the Japanese community more often than ours [if they even look here at all]. If there was a shared community where all reports and voices could be heard, then SoJ could see how grave the situation really is.

SEGA mentioned that they're trying to patch the exploit that allows this to happen as soon as they can. I don't know if they realizes that the person being moved doesn't actually sees it, though. Since yeah, it seems only English speakers get attacked, and most doesn't appeal their ban because they can't speak the language.

Please, please, PLEASE read my opening post!

Don't expect him to do it. He basically calls everyone that gets banned while AFKing "lobby loiterer". Even though he's not even on ship 2.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 01:34 PM
Don't use Google Translate and expect an actual reply though. Might be better to get a friend who speaks natively to write it for you.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/gpZFT.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Enforcer MKV
Jul 23, 2012, 01:35 PM
Don't use Google Translate and expect an actual reply though. Might be better to get a friend who speaks natively to write it for you.

It might be a good idea for there to be a sticky about this....maybe get someone to write a general appeal that can be used?

Ark22
Jul 23, 2012, 01:36 PM
No, not to this extent.

Man..I was gone for a few days...and stuff is getting real.

Well if you don't have haters, you are doing something wrong. Just give them a hug, they will stop.

ShinMaruku
No, not to this extent.
Influx of new people into a game that's not catered to their region. This was bound to happen.

Limbo_lag
Something that has always been bugging me about this AFK issue. What difference should it make if you are AFK or not? If the said hacker hacks you to look like you are outside, wouldn't that still get you banned, even if you are running around inside?

I mean theoretically, you could even photoshop the thing.

Malevolent215
Jul 23, 2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, it's starting to get really bad. This isn't needed. Especially with the problems people are having.

It is getting bad, Idk if people are getting bored with the game so taking it out here or what. I honestly feel like a liar since I told two of my friends that one of the positives of the PSO is the community and the lack of trash talk and flaming. Yet recently it's just like every other game.

On topic: Malice, if you start over and need a leveling buddy... I just started playing my HUcaseal as a Ranger last night. Hit lv 6 and stopped. I'll be on tonight looking for a group. My IGN is "Malevolent" same as my character. I'm usually in block 21 or 22 on ship 2.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 23, 2012, 01:38 PM
[FONT="Century Gothic"]Please, please, PLEASE read my opening post! I'm not upset! I'm not saying I lost a lot of progress! I'm not saying I should be pitied! My post was meant to be a warning~ If you read my replies, I already said that I don't mind rolling a new character! I'm not a lobby rat that hogs up space in a populated block~ I would stay online once or twice a week to feed my MAG in a lowly populated block with very few people.

I understand it doesn;t take long to level a character and MAG, but I just started this new character since the ships were locked from congestion. :c

There's no need to crucify me when I'm not sad or complaining! <3

Well that's another story entirely and I apologize for how I came off then. It is true the locks on ships just got released, i'm sorry I forgot about that.

All in all though, for anyone else on ship 2, I would hope at this point you realize if you plan to afk and walk away or leave the game on for long periods more than a min or two, just make a locked room will ya?

While there is some kids using codes and such, I'm also sure a portion of these cases are annoyed JP players using the wicked user form to autoban players they find are not following the games guidelines. The game has designated chat lobbys and I think we all know ship 2-20 doesnt know how to use them (thats not directed at OP but ship 2-20 in general). Last I heard it only takes 5 reports or something to autoban.

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 01:40 PM
Not to further derail into it, even though it'll probably happen anyway.

Just saying posters have gotten a little more... crude than usual lately. Mostly for no reason. Been seeing some really Grimy posts this past week. Enough for ME to think they're messed up to say. >_>;

PSO2 not exactly going how people wanted, is no excuse.

KEV1N
Jul 23, 2012, 01:42 PM
So If I wanted I could make 5 alts, report some poor bastard for nothing and *poof* they're gone?
That's friggin' retarded.

Limbo_lag
Jul 23, 2012, 01:42 PM
While there is some kids using codes and such, I'm also sure a portion of these cases are annoyed JP players using the wicked user form to autoban players they find are not following the games guidelines. The game has designated chat lobbys and I think we all know ship 2-20 doesnt know how to use them (thats not directed at OP but ship 2-20 in general). Last I heard it only takes 5 reports or something to autoban.

Wouldn't you need proof for that? Most people who are getting banned are simply AFK, and not using chat at all as far as I know.

@ Kevin, no I'm pretty sure you need a screenshot proof for that.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 01:44 PM
Wouldn't you need proof for that? Most people who are getting banned are simply AFK, and not using chat at all as far as I know.

Well, people need to stop AFKing in the lobbies and start AFKing in multi party areas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfPOFSXQpdQ

...actually... that's a bad idea.

Limbo_lag
Jul 23, 2012, 01:47 PM
And this is why you don't play HC mode....although it was scripted.

Insane food dish
Jul 23, 2012, 01:49 PM

We basically have to pick our poison^^;

SoA:No one ever gets banned.
SoJ:Ban everyone!

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 01:49 PM
Just put him on your ignore list.

My condolences, MissMalice.

No, no, no! Its fine! The only reason I made this thread was to raise awareness to the issue. Like another poster has already said, not everyone visits the forums every day. So, there are obviously going to be people who are "out of the loop" and aren't aware of what's going on. c:

If you really wanna help me out, make sure you tell your friends that even AFKing in empty areas puts you at risk~

ANYWAYS, that really sucks that you got banned. But I haven't played the game in like a week due to college coming up and signing up for classes.

But I hope you make a new character, and be happy again.

WITH LOVE, Ark22 ;D

I have a nice job, finally graduated from college, a loving husband who geeks out over video games with me, a weird but supporting family, and awesome friends both online and in the real world. c: I'm always happy~

But please mourn for my MAG! That sweet little bugger!! T___T -kidding-

Good luck with college, btw! And enjoy "Freshman Friday"... [mwuahahaha~]

I haven't bothered to do so since my character wasn't very developed. It was barely a week old with under 100k meseta worth in items. c: I felt that it would do more good to raise awareness here. <3

Something that has always been bugging me about this AFK issue. What difference should it make if you are AFK or not? If the said hacker hacks you to look like you are outside, wouldn't that still get you banned, even if you are running around inside?

I mean theoretically, you could even photoshop the thing.

I wondered about this too... They could just be moving anyone [afk or not] and snapping a screencap before the player moves or logs off. Anyone that happens to be afk is subject to being photographed being out of the lobby for a number of hours. D:

On topic: Malice, if you start over and need a leveling buddy... I just started playing my HUcaseal as a Ranger last night. Hit lv 6 and stopped. I'll be on tonight looking for a group. My IGN is "Malevolent" same as my character. I'm usually in block 21 or 22 on ship 2.

Thanks for the invite! I'll pm you with my info for times I'm available and stuff~ c: I just made my RAcaseal a few minutes ago but haven't leveled at all~ Her name is Black★R★Shooter

Well that's another story entirely and I apologize for how I came off then. It is true the locks on ships just got released, i'm sorry I forgot about that.

All in all though, for anyone else on ship 2, I would hope at this point you realize if you plan to afk and walk away or leave the game on for long periods more than a min or two, just make a locked room will ya?

It is quite alright. c: I hate coming off as a whiner. My papa is a recently retired Marine, so no crybaby antics were taken in our home. xD Anywho~ I really thought that one would be safe by staying away from the most populated blocks while AFKing. I even made sure that my screensaver would automatically boot me after an hour. So yeeeeeah... Definitely gonna have to work on getting a room now. D:

Thanks for the info! I'm gonna go edit my opening post about the autoban thing~ Hopefully someone will have more info to prove this. D:

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 01:51 PM
I'd feel like a creeper if just went into another person's my room and then don't respond to him because I'm AFK. e_e

I'll just hang out in a camp ship whenever I'm doing symbol art now, I guess...

You can go to my room whenever you want. I've offered some other friends o' mine my room as a respite, and I've seen some of them just sitting in there sometimes. It's all good with me! Doesn't bother me at all.

In fact, anyone I know can go to my room at any time they want. I'm sure I'll have some stupid flower decorations to clean up afterwards, but oh well. People put them everywhere already, anyway.

...I've got bathtubs~!

Limbo_lag
Jul 23, 2012, 01:52 PM
^ Not just afk either. I stay in the same spot (sometimes for a minute or so) when looking through player shops or at counters :/

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 01:53 PM
You can go to my room whenever you want. I've offered some other friends o' mine my room as a respite, and I've seen some of them just sitting in there sometimes. It's all good with me! Doesn't bother me at all.

...I've got bathtubs~!
You should charge rent! Just you wait until we get Cosmo Fountains... your rent for AFKers in your room will be paid with swag ALL over your room!

Kazzi
Jul 23, 2012, 01:54 PM
Just thought I'd mention that 2 of my friends were banned today whilst in the premium lobbies for being moved. They were in the "red bar" and it was mostly silent. So it goes to show that even the premium blocks aren't safe right now.

I'm really sorry to hear that you got banned, but I think it's worth appealing anyway so that SEGA is aware that they're banned innocent people at least?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 23, 2012, 01:54 PM

In fact, anyone I know can go to my room at any time they want. I'm sure I'll have some stupid flower decorations to clean up afterwards, but oh well. People put them everywhere already, anyway.

...I've got bathtubs~!

Big blue bathtubs? ;3

Honestly though, I think just logging out in general is a good idea if you have to step away from the computer. Not saying OP deserved what happened, because s/he didn't, but regardless it's a good idea. I'm on Ship 10 with my character, but I haven't seen anything terrible happen yet. But then again I usually run with some of the FKLites and a couple other people outside of block 20...lag is ridiculous in there. And I mean lag, not framerate. I know the difference.

RocSage
Jul 23, 2012, 01:56 PM
People are free to come in my room and keep the rappies interested in manning the story and not trying to kill people.

Limbo_lag
Jul 23, 2012, 01:57 PM
Just thought I'd mention that 2 of my friends were banned today whilst in the premium lobbies for being moved. They were in the "red bar" and it was mostly silent. So it goes to show that even the premium blocks aren't safe right now.

I'm really sorry to hear that you got banned, but I think it's worth appealing anyway so that SEGA is aware that they're banned innocent people at least?

Were they afk? (Returning to my original concern about whether being AFK is needed for this to occur.)

Truthfully, I've been hoping someone with knowledge of the Japanese language can at least let Sega know this is happening :/

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 01:58 PM
Big blue bathtubs? ;3

N-no! I'll have you know they're white!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/PSO2/140.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyone can pop into my place and lounge in them whenever they want.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 23, 2012, 01:59 PM
Oh god it looks like you're tied down to them. You super freak. :lol:

supersonix9
Jul 23, 2012, 01:59 PM
I warned people to stay out of Block 20....

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 02:00 PM
I warned people to stay out of Block 20....

Didn't happen in block 20....

Limbo_lag
^Its not just 20.

Garnet_Moon
:whip:

ShinMaruku
Jul 23, 2012, 02:02 PM
N-no! I'll have you know they're white!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/PSO2/140.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyone can pop into my place and lounge in them whenever they want.
I don't think you want Brian Pumper or lex Steele in your room in your tub with your character ... http://www.hotbloodedgaming.com/forum/images/smilies/Kappa.png

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 23, 2012, 02:02 PM
So yeeeeeah... Definitely gonna have to work on getting a room now. D:

Alot of people are starting to think they need to buy MyRoom to have a safe place to afk, you don't. Just make a game room, like you were gonna run a mission, password it, and afk in the drop ship if you really need to.

Gardios
Jul 23, 2012, 02:05 PM

I don't know, man. Even though I most certainly won't fill your room with flower pots, I'd still feel like a paras--

...I've got bathtubs~!

Welp, I'll gladly take you up on that offer!

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 02:07 PM

HAY. It's just the flappy arm sleeves on the yukata. I would never desecrate my tubs like that.

But, uh, anyway. yeah, just AFK in someone's room. Hey, if they don't have premium, they'll never know!

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 02:08 PM

I think I may send in an appeal~ It would be nice if we could get all the innocent people have been banned together and write emails/letters to SoJ. Sending in a form just wouldn't get the overall message across that this is a serious problem.

...I've got bathtubs~!

Would you be offering a room invite to me? o.o It would be greatly appreciated until I could afford a room of my own~ If not, cool too! <3

-though, given that my character has never bathed in her life, she really needs access to your big blue tubs- ifyouknowwhatimean.jpg

supersonix9
Jul 23, 2012, 02:09 PM
Didn't happen in block 20....

Oh god....we're screwed then.

Nah, just gonna stay out of lobbies now.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 02:10 PM
Would you be offering a room invite to me? o.o It would be greatly appreciated until I could afford a room of my own~ If not, cool too! <3

-though, given that my character has never bathed in her life, she really needs access to your big blue tubs- ifyouknowwhatimean.jpg

Yup, you sure can go in and stay there. You'd just have to search my character name (or my ID) to find it, since we obviously aren't on each other's friends lists. Those big blue white tubs are there to be used!

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 02:11 PM
Can I get banned AFKing in some random JP players room...

Enforcer MKV
Jul 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
Can I get banned AFKing in some random JP players room...

I wouldn't loiter in a random individual's room. Just go in the campship, or someone's room who's offering sanctuary.

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't loiter in a random individual's room. Just go in the campship, or someone's room who's offering sanctuary.

That's not as fun. D:

I'm sure if I name a character "HARD GAY" and thrust my hips so fast that it looks like they're moving in slow motion, I'd be welcomed...

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
Alot of people are starting to think they need to buy MyRoom to have a safe place to afk, you don't. Just make a game room, like you were gonna run a mission, password it, and afk in the drop ship if you really need to.

Btw if anyone can get into your room by simply looking you up on visiphone, guess who else can access your room? =p

Unless you're going to lock it to anyone but friends and guild members MyRoom isn't as secure as a passworded game room

Enforcer MKV
Jul 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
That's not as fun. D:

I'm sure if I name a character "HARD GAY" and thrust my hips so fast that it looks like they're moving in slow motion, I'd be welcomed...

*Stiffles laughter* Or banned. One of the two. you've got about a 50/50 shot, really.

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 02:16 PM
Yup, you sure can go in and stay there. You'd just have to search my character name (or my ID) to find it, since we obviously aren't on each other's friends lists. Those big blue white tubs are there to be used!

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/i-see-what-you-did-there-261.jpg

That's not as fun. D:

You made me shoot Sprite through my nostrils! D:

drizzle
Jul 23, 2012, 02:20 PM
You're not too aware of what's going on, are you?

A new world record in stupidity, that's what's going on here. Truly amazing.

Lostbob117
Jul 23, 2012, 02:25 PM
Go check your email for a message about the ban, and tell us if you see anything about it or not.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 23, 2012, 02:39 PM
Btw if anyone can get into your room by simply looking you up on visiphone, guess who else can access your room? =p
Yeah, that's something we should take into consideration.

pikachief
Jul 23, 2012, 02:51 PM

...I've got bathtubs~!

Because you offered this first (i didnt even know you could visit rooms with out premium) im gonna give you all my room decorations instead of trying to get lucky with 3-day shop tickets. You can decide what to do with them :P

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 23, 2012, 03:06 PM
snip

Man... and to think, I saw you just a few hours ago. I was talking with you, Yuki, and Hosaka in the lobby. Now I read about this. Geez.

Just when you think you're safe.

Just because you buy a bag of Skittles and the first one you bite into is bad doesn't mean you should just throw the whole bag away.

I have no intention of moving ships. This is where my friends are. If I let these guys dictate where I can and can't play, I wouldn't be much of a friend to the people I have met for abandoning them... nor would I be much of a player.

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 03:15 PM
Go check your email for a message about the ban, and tell us if you see anything about it or not.

There's no email about a ban, though I did get an email about purchasing AC, LOL.

Man... and to think, I saw you just a few hours ago. I was talking with you, Yuki, and Hosaka in the lobby. Now I read about this. Geez.

Just when you think you're safe.

Yeeeah, but such is life! c: I'll still be around though. That's what having multiple accounts is all about: IMMORTALITY.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 03:17 PM
A new world record in stupidity, that's what's going on here. Truly amazing.

Yeah, congratulations. You deserve it, since you didn't actually understand that the issue itself has nothing to do with symbol arts or going AFK in and of itself.

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 03:29 PM
“Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Now back to gaming. c:

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 03:37 PM
Isn't that also called "Hanlon's Razor"?

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 03:45 PM
I would suppose so~ o.o
Same gift, different box. <3

KEV1N
Jul 23, 2012, 04:04 PM
It might be a good idea for there to be a sticky about this....maybe get someone to write a general appeal that can be used?

I like this idea.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 23, 2012, 04:12 PM

No there is a separate 30day my room pass for 700AC, premium includes the my room, my shop and trade for a little less than purchasing them sepratly.

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 04:24 PM
Well, I think this was a worthwhile thread. I never even realized this was possible, so it's a good warning for me. I had heard of the NPC moving stuff, but I kinda wrote that off as a closed chapter after the patch which supposedly fixed it.

Glad the warning could enlighten at least ONE person~ c: If you ever need to go AFK, just try to use a friends' room if you don't have one yourself. I was way in the middle of nowhere and was still caught.

↑↑↑↑This so much!↑↑↑↑

In one of the similar threads from yesterday, someone mentioned a player that spoke both Japanese and English fluently enough to write up an appeal for the banned player. I tried PMing both of them, but so far I haven't heard back from either of them. :c

If there is anyone here that would be willing to write up an appeal or knows someone who is willing to translate, please share! <3

No there is a separate 30day my room pass for 700AC, premium includes the my room, my shop and trade for a little less than purchasing them sepratly.

Ahhh, I see~ I found someone's room to use for the time being. c: Maybe I'll invest in a 30day pass after my next paycheck. Thanks for the info!

Lostbob117
Jul 23, 2012, 04:35 PM
I wonder is this happening to only people using pso-world or everyone using playing that does and doesn't use pso-world?

DragonForce
Jul 23, 2012, 04:53 PM
Protip: Historians believe Napoleon Bonaparte to be a possible anti-christ! THE MORE YOU KNOW!!!

So sega, how's Game Guard working out for ya these days?

Kirukia
Jul 23, 2012, 05:10 PM
I was also wondering about the being AFK thing. Do you have to be AFK for it to happen to you? I heard that you have to be standing in the same location for a certain amount of time for it to track you, but I was wondering if anybody had been caught while looking at player shops for awhile or something, or if there was anybody who had been caught while being fairly mobile.

But yeah, I've just been going into a mission ship and mag feeding in there. If I'm not afking to mag feed I just log out. I'm not sure why they didn't make hunger increase while you're offline.

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 05:18 PM
I was also wondering about the being AFK thing. Do you have to be AFK for it to happen to you? I heard that you have to be standing in the same location for a certain amount of time for it to track you, but I was wondering if anybody had been caught while looking at player shops for awhile or something, or if there was anybody who had been caught while being fairly mobile.

But yeah, I've just been going into a mission ship and mag feeding in there. If I'm not afking to mag feed I just log out. I'm not sure why they didn't make hunger increase while you're offline.

It doesn't matter if you're AFK or not, I don't think. I believe its just "easier" to move someone who appears to be gone for a while. Last night I was talking with a friend and then we saw that he had been moved while he was talking with us. On his screen it showed him still standing there, but to us he had been placed on top of those couches beside the mission gate and counters. :c

Arios
Jul 23, 2012, 05:37 PM
Sigh, i really like to take my time after some missions browsing at the Player Shops, looking at my Play data...checking rankings...this is getting absurd. Now i'm scared in doing these things :(

Dan Maku
Jul 23, 2012, 06:12 PM
^ Not just afk either. I stay in the same spot (sometimes for a minute or so) when looking through player shops or at counters :/

That's something I'm worried about. Me and my friends (we all play and chat over Skype) like to peruse the player shops when not running missions or hanging out in one of our rooms, and sometimes we have a legit reason to be away from the keyboard for a minute or two, like using the restroom, taking meds, or answering the phone.

Surely, no one is going to say me or my friends deserved to be falsely banned because we had to take a potty break... :-x

Zinaida
Jul 23, 2012, 06:20 PM
I love how everyone who posts here either criticizing people like Malice (who have been banned) or criticizing people who support them, would immediately attempt to destroy the entire damn infrastructure of the game if they got banned.

Anyway, hopefully people will become more and more aware that PSO2 is just all types of blargh at the moment.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 23, 2012, 06:20 PM
Well, Ship 8 isn't blargh
Ship 8 is like, Ship Casual, with 99% Japanese

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 06:57 PM
Well, Ship 8 isn't blargh
Ship 8 is like, Ship Casual, with 99% Japanese

Gonna start the whole "Ship 2 is nothing but scum and troublemakers" thing?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 23, 2012, 07:00 PM

No, that's just where the 4 or so scumbags are

Over half of the ships are Ship Casual

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 23, 2012, 07:02 PM

Sure am. WANNA FOIGHT ABOUT IT?

BogusKun
Jul 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
Sadly, your mag was only level 30. My mag jumped from Lv 30. to 120 in no time... so you shouldn't worry too much. The good thing is you're back on and you're looking forward to enjoying your game.

You know that you can file a complaint and be reinstated back on the servers if you contacted Sega, right?

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 07:15 PM
Sure am. WANNA FOIGHT ABOUT IT?

Don't you play on Ship 2?

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 23, 2012, 07:20 PM
Don't you play on Ship 2?

I'm just bringing it to your awareness that you raise your hands in fisticuffs every time someone mentions something like above about Ship 2. Just let 'em say what they want and ignore it.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 07:24 PM
I'm just bringing it to your awareness that you raise your hands in fisticuffs every time someone mentions something like above about Ship 2. Just let 'em say what they want and ignore it.

I wouldn't say I 'raise my hands in fisticuffs', but I do find people's incessant generalizations to be most tiresome.

AC9breaker
Jul 23, 2012, 07:24 PM
Damn this is pretty shitty to hear, although in my opinion expected from Sega. Even if it is the revered SoJ.

Lostbob117
Jul 23, 2012, 07:25 PM
Script kiddie his name is weird he was once banned,

He's actually yexes from here. For some reason I couldn't get his play name Id but I did get his account id number.

Actually got his player name it's something like number signs connected.

Dan Maku
Jul 23, 2012, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know what the hackers are called? So I can run if I see them?

DemonMike
Jul 23, 2012, 07:48 PM
This is fucking pathetic that this is still going on. I definitely feel for you guys who got caught up in it and ended up getting banned despite doing nothing wrong.

But please, people, until this is sorted out reconsider going AFK. You've got every right to go AFK considering this shit shouldn't be happening, but I've seen so many people on Ship 2 go AFK for hours on end. And that's just inviting trouble.

The idea's so far in this thread are pretty good, try and follow them.

If you're going AFK so you can feed your mag whenever it's needed, ask around your friends list to try and find a premium member who's room you can crash in.
If you're going AFK for a couple of minutes and you're in a lobby, make a campship and move to there.

If you're going AFK for an indefinite amount of time, please log out, for your own sake and the players who might want to join the block you're technically wasting a space in.

But if you do get caught up in this and get banned, keep an eye on your emails. They'll have to send one out eventually, because an autoban system is just going to snowball until they can no longer ignore the issue.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 23, 2012, 07:50 PM
Now that I think about it, the camp ship definitely deserves a visiphone..

MelancholyWitch
Jul 23, 2012, 09:02 PM

I"ve been thinking that too, would probably move a lot of people out of the lobby and into rooms/camp ships.

Mikura
Jul 23, 2012, 09:09 PM

If they did that, I think I'd be holed up in there all the time. lol

Enforcer MKV
Jul 23, 2012, 09:21 PM
If they did that, I think I'd be holed up in there all the time. lol

*Imagines Mikura huddled behind a sandbag barricade encircling the Visophone watching XXX videos....*

MAKE IT SO!

KrankItVZ
Jul 23, 2012, 09:41 PM
My idea of safety is stay in a highly populated area and just stay smack in between the large group of people. Unless the hacker is determined to move everyone. But yea banning like this is sorta stupid... Why ban the victims?

eharima
Jul 23, 2012, 09:49 PM
Why would staying in a large group make any difference to someone who is changing your xyz coordinates and can clearly see your name and players card number via external software?

Sigh.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 23, 2012, 09:53 PM
Why would staying in a large group make any difference to someone who is changing your xyz coordinates and can clearly see your name and players card number via external software?

Sigh.

The assumption is that they look for targets that "stick out"

Powder Keg
Jul 23, 2012, 10:39 PM
Let's talk about the real issue here.

Is Sega really that dumb enough to not realize other people are doing it to players who are idle?

...Don't answer it.

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 10:42 PM
Let's talk about the real issue here.

Is Sega really that dumb enough to not realize other people are doing it to players who are idle?

...Don't answer it.

/Raises hand to start typing and post-

D:...

/Leaves post like this...

Shakuri
Jul 23, 2012, 10:43 PM
I"ve been thinking that too, would probably move a lot of people out of the lobby and into rooms/camp ships.

I wouldn't say a lot.

ScottyMango
Jul 23, 2012, 10:51 PM
It seems like the real simple solution to this is to log out when you're done playing...

Why would you risk getting banned over not wanting to log out? What's the big appeal of staying logged in when you're not at your PC anyway?

futamieriko
Jul 23, 2012, 10:59 PM
It seems like the real simple solution to this is to log out when you're done playing...

Why would you risk getting banned over not wanting to log out? What's the big appeal of staying logged in when you're not at your PC anyway?

I really don't understand this either. It takes like all of 20 seconds to log back in. You know people are getting banned, it seems like a very strange risk to take. In the time it takes you to find a secluded, possibly safe spot to AFK you probably could have logged out and back in again twice over.

BahnKnakyu
Jul 23, 2012, 11:02 PM
Protip, if you want to idle in the lobby, autorun yourself into a wall. Any movement by your character instantly undoes whatever moving the script kiddies have done to your character, so autorunning into a wall will allow you to idle in the lobby without risking being moved.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 11:02 PM
I can't become a target for this because I AFK in the ship lobby with password and locked so only people in my team can get on. Hint, I'm not a member of a team~

ScottyMango
Jul 23, 2012, 11:03 PM
That seems like a lot more effort than just clicking log-out, lol.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 11:03 PM
That seems like a lot more effort than just clicking log-out, lol.
If you're referring to me, I also dance on my little ship hovering over various planets. Nya nya~

ScottyMango
Jul 23, 2012, 11:11 PM
I don't understand the value of knowing that your character is dancing in a ship while you go do other things.

Is it to save a spot on the block, or something? All you're doing is making your computer work harder for longer time periods, and generate more heat, which in the long run is very bad for its 'health'.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 11:15 PM
I don't understand the value of knowing that your character is dancing in a ship while you go do other things.

Is it to save a spot on the block, or something? All you're doing is making your computer work harder for longer time periods, and generate more heat, which in the long run is very bad for its 'health'.
I think having innards of my PC submerged in a fish tank full of mineral oil is worse for them(read: it's not harmful). Besides, PSO2 couldn't even make a Dell or eMachine sweat.

BogusKun
Jul 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
Scotty... she just likes taking up space, and keeping people out of the ship. Nothing wrong with that.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 11:22 PM
Scotty... she just likes taking up space, and keeping people out of the ship. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh, good heavens, I do it on the oddball ships I land on at login. Usually to feed my mag, others I get distracted by NCIS or Burn Notice being on TV and watch it... Most of the time, like now, I have the client completely off.

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 11:23 PM
I leave for a few hours to go have dinner and see The Dark Knight with my husband and come back to like 4 pages of new posts. x___x;

I'll get started on trying to make a decent appeal to perhaps get my account back~ Though if I do or not doesn;t really matter. What matters is that Sega AND the player base understand what's happening. As more people become aware, the more we can prevent this from happening~ That's really what this thread is about. <3

If I were super duper upset, I would have immediately uninstalled the game and went back to my mission of unlocking every single achievement in every Xbox game I own until the NA/International version of PSO2 was released. c:

I think my husband has a few friends from his "wild weeaboo" days that know Japanese. If I can get a template for a general appeal, you guys will be the first to know about it!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
I leave for a few hours to go have dinner and see The Dark Knight with my husband and come back to like 4 pages of new posts. x___x;

I'll get started on trying to make a decent appeal to perhaps get my account back~ Though if I do or not doesn;t really matter. What matters is that Sega AND the player base understand what's happening. As more people become aware, the more we can prevent this from happening~ That's really what this thread is about. <3

If I were super duper upset, I would have immediately uninstalled the game and went back to my mission of unlocking every single achievement in every Xbox game I own until the NA/International version of PSO2 was released. c:

I think my husband has a few friends from his "wild weeaboo" days that know Japanese. If I can get a template for a general appeal, you guys will be the first to know about it!
Well the problem, I think, is that it's selective targeting of non-JP players. I mean, if they did this to too many JP, we would more than likely see a 24 hour maintenance and see SoJ get off their ass to fix this. Whether to block all foreign IPs or, y'know, actually doing work to fix it.

Since everyone so far who has been banned is sitting on their ass or making a new account and not appealing(in Japanese, which is the problem), this will more than likely carry over into the NA/EU release. Which is going to be hilarious as hell.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
The Dark Knight

I am drinking Dark Knight mountain dew in a Batman glass mug that is 17 years old
but he looks the exact same on the bottle as he does on the glass mug

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 11:38 PM
Well the problem, I think, is that it's selective targeting of non-JP players. I mean, if they did this to too many JP, we would more than likely see a 24 hour maintenance and see SoJ get off their ass to fix this. Whether to block all foreign IPs or, y'know, actually doing work to fix it.

Since everyone so far who has been banned is sitting on their ass or making a new account and not appealing(in Japanese, which is the problem), this will more than likely carry over into the NA/EU release. Which is going to be hilarious as hell.

The person from yesterday has sent in an appeal but as far as I know, s/he hasn't heard anything back. D: I'll send in an appeal tonight [currently trying to use Google Translate to make it more convincing] and see what happens~

I really hope this stuff won't carry over, but it most likely will. c: Because its Sega, so fuck logic, the police, and the horses they all rode in on!

I am drinking Dark Knight mountain dew in a Batman glass mug that is 17 years old
but he looks the exact same on the bottle as he does on the glass mug

That's some straight up Twilight Zone shit, brah.

BogusKun
Jul 23, 2012, 11:41 PM
The person from yesterday has sent in an appeal but as far as I know, s/he hasn't heard anything back. D: I'll send in an appeal tonight [currently trying to use Google Translate to make it more convincing] and see what happens~

I really hope this stuff won't carry over, but it most likely will. c: Because its Sega, so fuck logic, the police, and the horses they all rode in on!

That's some straight up Twilight Zone shit, brah.

Google translate is only <20% accurate in its translations. Good luck dudette.

ScottyMango
Jul 23, 2012, 11:41 PM
currently trying to use Google Translate to make it more convincing

>_> that seems like a terrrible idea.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 23, 2012, 11:42 PM
My vote is to use babelfish

Unaki
Jul 23, 2012, 11:43 PM
This just sounds like fear mongering. I am calling baloney until I see proof.

BogusKun
Jul 23, 2012, 11:45 PM
Oh, good heavens, I do it on the oddball ships I land on at login. Usually to feed my mag, others I get distracted by NCIS or Burn Notice being on TV and watch it... Most of the time, like now, I have the client completely off.

Hey.... those are pretty good shows to fall into when distracted. Those were my distractions from my research at some point.

P.S. Abby is kinda hot ;)

MissMalice
Google translate is only <20% accurate in its translations. Good luck dudette.

>_> that seems like a terrrible idea.

My vote is to use babelfish

Here's what I have written so far:

"Dear Sega of Japan,

TERIYAKI SUZUKI TOYOTA HONDA BANZAAAAAI DESUDESUKAWAIIDESU"

Sound good? c:

Garnet_Moon
I'll send in an appeal tonight [currently trying to use Google Translate to make it more convincing] and see what happens~

http://i.imgur.com/0xQ7N.gif

My... my prayers have been answered! If you use Google Translate and appeal that way please please PLEASE post your email to them, and the reply! I... I want to see it! Yesssssss!! 8)

KEV1N

Go AFK in ship 2 block 20 near the chairs then get back to us.

ScottyMango
Jul 23, 2012, 11:46 PM
Uh.. what? It's not bologna. People are getting banned lol.

But just don't AFK in the ship for days and you'll be fine.

Unaki
Jul 23, 2012, 11:46 PM
Go AFK in ship 2 block 20 near the chairs then get back to us.

Ive been afk for 40 minutes on block 20....

Unaki
Jul 23, 2012, 11:47 PM
Uh.. what? It's not bologna. People are getting banned lol.

But just don't AFK in the ship for days and you'll be fine.

Can I please see proof?

MissMalice

Ummm. Well, gimme a few minutes to post some screenshots of the error window saying I'm banned.

In the mean time, I'm not the only person this has happened to in the past couple weeks or so. There was just a post yesterday with the same issue. :c

Honestly, I have no reason to try and trick people in to being afraid.

ScottyMango
Here's what I have written so far:

"Dear Sega of Japan,

TERIYAKI SUZUKI TOYOTA HONDA BANZAAAAAI DESUDESUKAWAIIDESU"

Sound good? c:

legit lol'd.

And.. why would someone post up like this, saying they were banned... if they weren't actually banned? That seems silly lol, and I don't get why you're having a hard time believing that Sega is going to ban people who appear to be hacking.

KEV1N
Jul 23, 2012, 11:52 PM
Can I please see proof?

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/wxuhf.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Unaki
Jul 23, 2012, 11:52 PM
Ummm. Well, gimme a few minutes to post some screenshots of the error window saying I'm banned.

In the mean time, I'm not the only person this has happened to in the past couple weeks or so. There was just a post yesterday with the same issue. :c

Honestly, I have no reason to try and trick people in to being afraid.

The reason I call fear mongering is because you never posted proof. Im a type of person who only believes it when he actually sees it and, in my 18 years of gaming experience (Started gaming with a genesis at age 4) I have never been banned from any gaming community or multiplayer game/platform for any reason. I just gotta see proof.

ScottyMango
Jul 23, 2012, 11:53 PM
You must be one abnormally lucky person lol. But saying 'well, I've never been banned!' is probably the silliest reason to not believe that other people are getting banned.

By that logic, nobody has ever been banned ever.

KEV1N
Jul 23, 2012, 11:55 PM
I had never been banned from an online game either until PSO2.

Feels bad.

Garnet_Moon
The reason I call fear mongering is because you never posted proof. Im a type of person who only believes it when he actually sees it and, in my 18 years of gaming experience (Started gaming with a genesis at age 4) I have never been banned from any gaming community or multiplayer game/platform for any reason. I just gotta see proof.
I've been banned many, many times. Not for hacking. More along the lines of lewd context and replying to the wrong person, or using linkshell chat, or posting in say instead of party or whisper.

Of course it always started with a few suspensions here and there... never for exploiting or hacking though~

Unaki
legit lol'd.

And.. why would someone post up like this, saying they were banned... if they weren't actually banned? That seems silly lol, and I don't get why you're having a hard time believing that Sega is going to ban people who appear to be hacking.

You don't play many online games do you? If you go to the official forums of most any MMO or even respectable communities for said games, you will find there are ALWAYS people who get banned and try to sugarcoat it when in reality they were never banned and are just trying to cause drama and get attention OR they were banned for a 100% legitimate reason. I have witnessed this in every multiplayer platform and PSO-W is no exception.

*PSO-W, in case you haven't noticed, is full of people saying non-JP are going to get banned when SEGA won't ever do that.

MissMalice
Jul 23, 2012, 11:56 PM

Bumped.org link 1 (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-patch-update-7202012/#comment-36311)

Bumped.org link 2 [look for the announcement just before the registering section (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/)

And the pictures of me logging into Ship 2, my account name, and the Error816~
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/ryokai_spacepirate/screenshots/ban1.png
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/ryokai_spacepirate/screenshots/ban2.png
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/ryokai_spacepirate/screenshots/ban3.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Unaki
Jul 23, 2012, 11:57 PM
You must be one abnormally lucky person lol. But saying 'well, I've never been banned!' is probably the silliest reason to not believe that other people are getting banned.

By that logic, nobody has ever been banned ever.

It is hardly luck. Its how you conduct yourself in the community. I have always followed the rules for every online game I play and while I do sometimes have colorful language and get angry, I never rampage. I just know how to not get banned: FOLLOW THE RULES.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 23, 2012, 11:58 PM
This Unaki person needs to sit down and figure out what's going on

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2012, 11:58 PM
You don't play many online games do you? If you go to the official forums of most any MMO or even respectable communities for said games, you will find there are ALWAYS people who get banned and try to sugarcoat it when in reality they were never banned and are just trying to cause drama and get attention OR they were banned for a 100% legitimate reason. I have witnessed this in every multiplayer platform and PSO-W is no exception.

*PSO-W, in case you haven't noticed, is full of people saying non-JP are going to get banned when SEGA won't ever do that.

You don't play many PSOW games do you? (Yes I said PSOW games, and I know this joke is going to be missed if I don't point it out.)

As dumb as people can get on PSOW, nobody here is that sad, unless they're some new-account troll.

People being paranoid about SEGA banning them for no being Japanese... well... they're just paranoid.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 23, 2012, 11:59 PM
Bumped.org link 1 (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-patch-update-7202012/#comment-36311)

http://i.imgur.com/KRQNp.png

Oh, you. That's so GameGuard.

ScottyMango
Jul 24, 2012, 12:00 AM

Well, it does say in the ToS that you're supposed to be in Japan if you're playing the game, so they have the right to lol. That's not to say I believe they will, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

These people however (now that you've been given some proof) have been banned because of an exploit that certain 'hackers' use to make AFK players appear in unusual places, where they could only appear if they were hacking or something of the sort.

So, SEGA sees them floating outside the ship, and says 'oh, that guy must be hacking. ban'.

It's happened to multiple people, and is a known issue to be aware of right now. Not fear mongering.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 12:04 AM
Well, it does say in the ToS that you're supposed to be in Japan if you're playing the game, so they have the right to lol. That's not to say I believe they will, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

That was only before the open beta. They just didn't want people from around the world in their closed betas and alphas and stuff

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2012, 12:05 AM
Well, it does say in the ToS that you're supposed to be in Japan if you're playing the game

Read:

No, it doesn't. That was one of the requirements for signing up for some of the alpha testing but the latest terms of service doesn't include that clause. Anyways, a patch is an at-your-own-risk kind of thing.

ScottyMango
Jul 24, 2012, 12:05 AM
Ah, good to know then!

Unaki
Jul 24, 2012, 12:07 AM

These people however (now that you've been given some proof) have been banned because of an exploit that certain 'hackers' use to make AFK players appear in unusual places, where they could only appear if they were hacking or something of the sort.

So, SEGA sees them floating outside the ship, and says 'oh, that guy must be hacking. ban'.

It's happened to multiple people, and is a known issue to be aware of right now. Not fear mongering.

First, the clause stating you had to be living in Japan for game access was taken out during the transition from closed to open beta. And yes I have seen proof and translated the error myself. I am pretty confident that SEGA would reverse everything, though getting that to happen is going to be painful due to them being unable to assist players who can't speak or read Japanese. Actually, it may be gameguard. Gameguard is notorious for doing some weird things. Its just an overzealous assistant really.

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 12:20 AM
Pretty sure what happened to Malice is legit. With hackers/cheaters/whatever you wanna call them going around moving characters in unusual places, it's extremely easy to frame innocent players and for Sega to drop the ban-hammer on them, unaware of what's really going on. I blame the PSO2 community as well though for making hasty assumptions that just because someone's character is in a place it shouldn't be, they're the hacker rather than the victim, and thus reporting them. People should become more educated about the situation so that doesn't happen.

But in the mean time, I think (and hope) if enough players get banned and appeals are made to Sega, they'll get the hint that something is seriously wrong and they'll take measures to adjust their banning system. If it really is just an automated deal, then I think that's pretty f**king dumb to be honest. They need to have actual living, breathing GMs of some sort make these sort of judgement calls.

Limbo_lag
Jul 24, 2012, 12:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KRQNp.png

Oh, you. That's so GameGuard.

So you don't have to be afk now. Great. Might want to stay offline till this is fixed.

Does that autorun trick work?

ScottyMango
Jul 24, 2012, 12:33 AM
I don't think you ever actually had to be AFK. They just happen to target AFKers the most.

Hayde
Jul 24, 2012, 12:33 AM
I'm surprised (okay, not that surprised...) that Sega GM's are simply banning because of a report that player x is in location y without doing any backlog and research; it almost sounds like the process is automated--though I hope/presume that there is someone to approve/deny bans.

That being said, I suspect Sakai or someone else will figure this out shortly, when the number of players being ban raises by a substantial amount. If it's true that "hackers" are the very ones reporting players in wrong locations, I'd imagine Japanese players are just much of victims as NA/EU/etc. players are.

Ranmaru
Jul 24, 2012, 12:38 AM
It is hardly luck. Its how you conduct yourself in the community. I have always followed the rules for every online game I play and while I do sometimes have colorful language and get angry, I never rampage. I just know how to not get banned: FOLLOW THE RULES.

Here, do this. Create a new account, and afk in some block forever. Get back to us with results etc etc.

Anyways, yes follow the rules. But that isn't enough. You have to make sure you SEEM innocent now, because others can make it seem like you AREN'T following the rules, when in reality you are.

Is this concept un-realistic to you?

Well, if you have been around, you might have seen:

1. Pictures of people being outside
2. Many mentions of gameguard sucking hard.

So, going of of 2, you might believe hackers can get away with things easily. And they have, many times. Then, knowing that, you might believe that a hacker can hack YOU somehow. (while taking the fact that gameguard might not work well to heart)

So with the facts and guesses, why would you afk and ignore the issue altogether? Wouldn't you heed the warning of possible hackings to your computer, especially one that manipulates how you are viewed by others? Also keep in mind your stance of I ALWAYS FOLLOW DA RULEZ will not matter in this case. It'll be null and void. Innocent bystander.

(Also keep in mind I don't know how hackers can do that to US, but I'd rather not find out that they CAN through experience, would you?)

You say 'don't afk' and I respond with 'i'm waiting for a friend'

NeoRydia
Jul 24, 2012, 12:43 AM
Hello, long time lurker here finally decided to make an account cause I had a thought that no one has brought up yet about the banning issue.

I was thinking it seems like most of the banned players have bought AC at some point. And considering they were in places you would think the hackers wouldn't be roaming around. (Low populated blocks/areas, even inside the premium blocks I have read. Which i don't see hackers buying premium unless they have money to throw away or they can somehow hack their way into those blocks.) And there has supposedly been people who weren't AFK at all banned?

Is it possible at least some or a decent number of these bans were possibly related to inputting a fake address while purchasing AC? More specifically maybe those who used SoJ's office for the address given someone had an example guide which used it. Which I thought would be kinda stupid to use considering it would be so blatantly obvious to that same company that that isn't a residential address.

Now I'm not an expert on everything that's going on cause I usually keep to myself so yeah I could totally be wrong about it. I just figured that considering the evidence it was possible something else was playing a part in at least some of the bans here.

Aquayoshi
Jul 24, 2012, 12:49 AM
Ugh. I only afk when I'm called away from the computer (usually 10-15 mins in the middle of a mission, I pipe back to the camp ship so I don't die), but now I don't want to play at all until this crap is fixed.

I bet Sega would revoke most of the bans if they knew that these people were innocent, though.

During my time playing Mabinogi (which is a Nexon game, and if you don't already know, Nexon of America has infamously bad customer service; they are incompetent at best when it comes to maintenance, and their ticket system is broken: I've heard horror stories about how it took them 2 YEARS to get to one person's ticket) there was a lot of crap going down what with character lockouts (glitch where it wouldn't let you log in), and people getting wrongly banned for touching a single piece of duped gold when they finally brought the hammer down on that... BUT, even Nexon tried (and somewhat failed, but oh well) to right what had gone wrong by revoking those wrongfully banned and giving players compensation.

I doubt us foreign players are purposefully being hung out to dry by Sega, and if we let them know what's going on, they might actually ban the real culprits instead. Wishful thinking, I know, but it can't be as bad as the worst-case scenarios I'm sure we're all thinking up in our heads.

Laxedrane
Jul 24, 2012, 12:51 AM

This comment reminded me of a glitch in Final fantasy XI where during besiege(Like emergency city quests for those who haven't played) sometimes enemies will glitch out and spawn in player mog houses.(Rooms)

Limbo_lag
Jul 24, 2012, 12:51 AM
^@NeoRydia: I have been thinking that this could have been a possibility as well. But consider that there are screenshots of people floating outside the ship, and most of the bans seem to occur after being AFK for a period of time.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2012, 12:57 AM
Thank you for playing your regions extended trial of Phantasy Star Online 2. We hope you enjoyed your time and we look forward to releasing your regions version in the Spring of 2013! Please look forward to it!
[Error: BakaGaijin]

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 01:04 AM
Thank you for playing your regions extended trial of Phantasy Star Online 2. We hope you enjoyed your time and we look forward to releasing your regions version in the Spring of 2013! Please look forward to it!
[Error: BakaGaijin]

Starting to feel that way, isn't it?

Limbo_lag
Jul 24, 2012, 01:07 AM
At the very least, when the Eng version does come out, it should draw away the attention of at least some of the hackers/exploiters. Then we can enjoy our JP version in peace.

NeoRydia
Jul 24, 2012, 01:16 AM
^@NeoRydia: I have been thinking that this could have been a possibility as well. But consider that there are screenshots of people floating outside the ship, and most of the bans seem to occur after being AFK for a period of time.

Yeah I agree that is why I'm not sure. But it is possible the bans could be a combination of different reasons on a per player basis.

Also another thought i had.
Are Sega GM's super ninjas that can ban the very instant someone reports them? Which would seem to be a requirement in the situation that everyone seems to have actually been AFK in a lobby and therefore moved at the time whilst being banned in a short time before the player returns to their computer.

Seems unlikely that people would be banned almost immediately unless the supposed so many people report you are auto-banned thing is true. But I don't see that working unless there is some form of in-game reporting system which I don't recall ever coming across but maybe I missed it considering I can't read most of the menus.

EDIT: And yes it is also possible they were banned for being AFK and moved at some time in the past too.

Limbo_lag
Jul 24, 2012, 01:23 AM
That is a good point you raise about insta-banning. This whole thing seems a bit off, given that OP apparently was AFKing somewhere on a deserted ship, so assuming you are correct about the threshold limit for ban reports (before said ban occurs), the hacker/exploiter would have had to bring some friends along to submit multiple reports in the first place. And also, why target OP? I'm sure there are plenty of more populated ships with more AFK people onboard.

This whole situation seems quite strange to me, given the circumstances in which it occurred.

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 01:38 AM
Obligatory.

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1343111789682774045.jpg

MissMalice
Jul 24, 2012, 01:41 AM
That is a good point you raise about insta-banning. This whole thing seems a bit off, given that OP apparently was AFKing somewhere on a deserted ship, so assuming you are correct about the threshold limit for ban reports (before said ban occurs), the hacker/exploiter would have had to bring some friends along to submit multiple reports in the first place. And also, why target OP? I'm sure there are plenty of more populated ships with more AFK people onboard.

This whole situation seems quite strange to me, given the circumstances in which it occurred.

I don't want to say names or make accusations without proof, but I heard a rumor that a player named Yexes was moving players. I just remembered that a couple days ago, he added me to his friends list after we were goofing off in the lobby before I logged for the night. D:

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 01:43 AM
I don't want to say names or make accusations without proof, but I heard a rumor that a player named Yexes was moving players. I just remembered that a couple days ago, he added me to his friends list after we were goofing off in the lobby before I logged for the night. D:

He is reading this thread while giggling furiously
getting his life's fulfillment from everyone's tears

while secretly posting on alt accounts

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 01:45 AM
That name has been dropped a few times before. Thankfully for me, due to the scare I had me when I friended one of the hackers from the first episode of NPC moving, I'm extremely careful about who I friend.

I also make sure to not stand in one place for too long in the lobbies, even the less populated lobbies. Until I know the names of the hackers for absolute certain, I'm not gonna feel at ease in the lobbies, and neither should anyone else until Sega gets this shit straightened out.

MissMalice
Jul 24, 2012, 01:54 AM
He is reading this thread while giggling furiously
getting his life's fulfillment from everyone's tears

while secretly posting on alt accounts

I guess it is to his downfall that I'm not upset? o.o If video games made me cry, I probably would have comitted suicide after watching the first 5 minutes of the movie UP.
#stillabetterlovestorythantwilight

Why am I still awake at 2am, please tell me this. :c

Oh right. Photoshop.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 01:58 AM
Why am I still awake at 2am, please tell me this. :c

Oh right. Photoshop.[/FONT]

You must show us

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 02:05 AM
Obligatory.

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1343111789682774045.jpg

I'm saving this for future use, this treasure must not be lost to the sea of pages in this topic.

(It works on a few levels too, being the matrix and all A++ would lol again)

MissMalice
Jul 24, 2012, 02:15 AM
You must show us

-points to sig- Now must sleep. x__x;;

Goodnight, my sweet owl princes and princesses!

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2012, 02:18 AM
MissMalice - I've seen your character around a few times. Sorry to hear you got banned.

People like to find fault with only a single factor, but there is NEVER one factor entirely to blame for anything. Sure, it is sometimes partially the fault of the victim, but I think most of the blame lies with those who created the situation, especially those with malicious intentions.

Blame should be distributed based on the amount of influence and manner of intent that each factor contributes to any single outcome.

I think (modern?) society leans heavily towards blaming the victim, often with complete disregard for individual circumstances. I even see people go out of their way to find reasons to blame the victim. "You must have been doing something wrong to deserve it." (Yeah, I was born.)

They react in this way because it's simpler to generalize. They want to feel better that they aren't in the same boat (and hence are superior in their mind), and they don't care to deal with individual cases. It also removes responsibility from those who are in control of and cause the problems in the first place. They often also only want a scapegoat to make an example of and don't care about collateral damage nor those who are at fault for intentionally causing pain to others (the truly guilty party).

I sometimes wonder if the "blame victim" mentality was intentionally manufactured amongst the populace by big business and government, so that they can escape repercussions from bad practices. It sounds like a "conspiracy", but you'd be amazed what groups of people can and will do to get out of trouble and rake in more profits.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 02:32 AM
Sometimes crazy/senseless/emotionless people do things to other people that are horrible and beyond their control. Do you blame everyone in the Colorado movie theatre for getting shot because they decided be out late just to catch a movie? Of course not. Jesus.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 24, 2012, 03:06 AM
I'm an owl prince?

..Cool

...I was just kind of thinking the same thing. I know I'm nocturnal, but damn, lol.

Squall179
Jul 24, 2012, 07:37 AM

...I've got bathtubs~!

I have a jukebox from the Funscratch, want it?

Ana-Chan
Jul 24, 2012, 07:59 AM
The thing that I am wondering about is what am I doing right (or wrong) if I haven't been banned myself. I have AFKed in the heavily populated blocks for hours and I know my character has been moved a few times, and I'm still online.
Also, I would like to remind people of two things. First is that what you are doing at the time you are banned may have no relevance to why you are getting banned. Secondly, since they are taking money from people, if there is no proof of what you are supposed to be banned for then they are open for some kind of legal action against them.

BIG OLAF
Jul 24, 2012, 08:03 AM
I have a jukebox from the Funscratch, want it?

Pfft, already have one.

Darse
Jul 24, 2012, 08:32 AM
I am on ship 10, and when my friend Galax goes AFK for like 30+ minutes in lobby I get worried, but i havent seen reports yet on ship 10. I think this is mostly on ship 2. This problems come up there mostly, and my firend galax has not yet be moved out side window yet but I am watching.

Whit
Jul 24, 2012, 08:33 AM
Couldn't one just autorun while being AFK and avoid the problem all together?

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 08:38 AM
So being serious again here...

I went along all the things I remembered from the top of my head from your Story, OP. And here's all the things that just REALLY don't add up. Now stop me if, in the middle of this thread's 20 pages of bickering and off-topic banter these have already been asked but...

- From what I remember, this glitch or exploit worked by making it so that you were standing outside the window. That's where you could be in an incriminating position right? But where would you even find a spot like that in the Shopping District? let alone in the back where you say you were. You'd have to have been moved a long distance...

- Also we're under the assumption that the hacker or.. ANYONE could just report you till you're auto-banned. But if it's just a report button... how does that even work? you wouldn't have to be glitched or hacking, you'd just be able to report anyone without evidence or something right? At least that's what it sounds like as far as I know about it. So how do we know it's the hackers being jerks and not just a couple player's witch hunting vulnerable English players...?

- Also, though peoples assumptions of why sounds immature... Why the hell would SEGA ban us so easily without looking into it? especially under the assumption that the suspect would be a glitcher/exploit abuser. Isn't that the kind of thing you look into before you start pressing ban hammer keys? Like a reason outside of just "SEGAS DUMB AND CAN'T RUN A GAME" why would they really ban some people THAT easily?

ESPECIALLY in your case if you come back to my first question. Which would be answered if what I'm not getting in my second question made sense. But that case sounds pretty weird too... So it's an endless loop of "How the fuck did this happen if everything OP said was true...?"

BIG OLAF
Jul 24, 2012, 08:40 AM
Apparently they can move you from anywhere to anywhere, now. Not just from right in front of the window to behind it.

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 08:48 AM
So basically they could have just left OP floating the air in front of the giant TV screen...

If that's true you, that'd answer my 2nd question and the auto banning thing, assuming there is one to begin with, probably isn't that exploitable....

But then it does indeed come back to SEGA not looking into things where innocent people get banned to begin with.... I COULD imagine it's something to do with incompetence or making an assumption that the person is just another glitcher. But that's a little too messed up of a story that STILL doesn't make sense...

Ryoten
Jul 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
That happened to me before. I was just minding my own business when one guy said 'enjoy your trip to the shopping district.' Afterward I went over to the AH to look for some things then next thing you know, I'm in the shopping district...while still in the AH. Clever bastards...

Ryno
Jul 24, 2012, 08:54 AM
How can you tell if you got ban if you did not do anything wrong? I AFK in the lobbies a lot and nothing happen to me.

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 24, 2012, 08:54 AM
- From what I remember, this glitch or exploit worked by making it so that you were standing outside the window. That's where you could be in an incriminating position right? But where would you even find a spot like that in the Shopping District? let alone in the back where you say you were. You'd have to have been moved a long distance...

"A long distance" is the difference of probably three numbers in the hex that needs to be changed on your display position for them to move you. It ain't hard. Especially by now, they've probably got a list of all the good positions to move people to for this.

Gardios
Jul 24, 2012, 08:58 AM
The shopping district and the lounge are the same map so moving a character from one area to another is as difficult as moving a character just a few inches, i.e. no problem at all, apparently.

jOhMG
Jul 24, 2012, 09:00 AM
If they seem to only be targeting English players, it's because they know those players probably can't send a proper Japanese email to SEGA to get their accounts restored.

If this is seriously the case, then I find it extremely hilarious. The best solution is don't AFK in game. That way if this does happen to you, that you can fix it before like 20 players send SEGA reports on the window hopping. Everyone knows about the NPCs poofing around the map, so when they see players doing it, they probably send an immediate response, because face it no one wants their game play disturbed by childish exploiters.

I can see this being either an annoyed Japanese player or just the most bored, immature English player in the world. I mean if I had a means to do this I would be tossing people everywhere. It's one thing to park your character and chat with people all day, it's another story when you AFK for 20 hours just dancing. Sure, you aren't hurting anyone, but when the blocks get full this is an extreme hassle. You try to get to your usual block and it takes you an hour and when you finally get there you see about 100 people AFK. Definition of B-S

MissMalice
Jul 24, 2012, 09:39 AM

- Also we're under the assumption that the hacker or.. ANYONE could just report you till you're auto-banned. But if it's just a report button... how does that even work? you wouldn't have to be glitched or hacking, you'd just be able to report anyone without evidence or something right? At least that's what it sounds like as far as I know about it. So how do we know it's the hackers being jerks and not just a couple player's witch hunting vulnerable English players...?

- Also, though peoples assumptions of why sounds immature... Why the hell would SEGA ban us so easily without looking into it? especially under the assumption that the suspect would be a glitcher/exploit abuser. Isn't that the kind of thing you look into before you start pressing ban hammer keys? Like a reason outside of just "SEGAS DUMB AND CAN'T RUN A GAME" why would they really ban some people THAT easily?

ESPECIALLY in your case if you come back to my first question. Which would be answered if what I'm not getting in my second question made sense. But that case sounds pretty weird too... So it's an endless loop of "How the fuck did this happen if everything OP said was true...?"

Good morning, owls!

1. Well that's the thing: I don't know where they moved me to or what they made me do. I know I've seen--on occassion--the hackers making skills like Resta and buffs go off the lobby. Unless there are some players around that may have seen them exploiting me, there's no telling what they may have done to me to get me banned. D: They could have moved me to ontop of the little dome I was sitting under by the big screen. Its pretty much impossible to get up there...

2. I don't know that either, I'm afraid. .__. No one seems to know what the grounds are for banning and I still haven't received an email from PSO, nor can I log into my banned account on the japanese PSO2 website. It could be that my account has been locked for investigation, but who knows. I sent in my appeal last night and haven't heard anything so far.

3. That would make sense for Sega to actually filter through reports and investigate before banning, but like I said earlier, no one knows what the grounds are for banning... I'm not 100% sure what happened to me. All I know is that random bans have been happening to other people, and with no emails or notice from Sega, being exploited is the only thing I can come to...

I know that I'm not popular or have many friends here on the forums or in game, so being a nobody, I can understand why most people don't want to believe my case... But that's okay! My character and my account is gone; that's what I know. If I have to give the forums my account name and password so they can try logging in, then so be it. >.<

I don't know what REALLY happened, and probably never will until Sega decides to send me an email back for my appeal. Maybe I made a random player angry. Maybe its because--at the time--had two accounts under the same IP address [myself and my husband's account]. I wish I had the answers to give you guys more proof, but I'm just as clueless as you guys are. :c My account is gone, along with several others who are just as confused... I honestly don't know what else to say other than everyone just go AFK in a room or in camp ship until Sega or ANYONE comes back to the community with a solution or news that the exploits have stopped.

And if anyone actually wants to try my game account and password for themselves, just PM me~

Ana-Chan
Jul 24, 2012, 09:44 AM
Maybe its because--at the time--had two accounts under the same IP address [myself and my husband's account].

I can confirm for sure that it isn't this, otherwise they would have to ban anyone who uses net cafes or users on ISPs who don't have enough addresses for all of their users.
There is a technology at play called Network Address Translation (NAT for short) that allows multiple people to use the same public address. So no, if they started banning for that then a lot of people, including myself, would have to be banned. I play with the person that I share accomodation with a lot, and we are both still going strong.

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 10:03 AM
Good morning, owls!

1. Well that's the thing: I don't know where they moved me to or what they made me do. I know I've seen--on occassion--the hackers making skills like Resta and buffs go off the lobby. Unless there are some players around that may have seen them exploiting me, there's no telling what they may have done to me to get me banned. D: They could have moved me to ontop of the little dome I was sitting under by the big screen. Its pretty much impossible to get up there...

2. I don't know that either, I'm afraid. .__. No one seems to know what the grounds are for banning and I still haven't received an email from PSO, nor can I log into my banned account on the japanese PSO2 website. It could be that my account has been locked for investigation, but who knows. I sent in my appeal last night and haven't heard anything so far.

3. That would make sense for Sega to actually filter through reports and investigate before banning, but like I said earlier, no one knows what the grounds are for banning... I'm not 100% sure what happened to me. All I know is that random bans have been happening to other people, and with no emails or notice from Sega, being exploited is the only thing I can come to...

I know that I'm not popular or have many friends here on the forums or in game, so being a nobody, I can understand why most people don't want to believe my case... But that's okay! My character and my account is gone; that's what I know. If I have to give the forums my account name and password so they can try logging in, then so be it. >.<

I don't know what REALLY happened, and probably never will until Sega decides to send me an email back for my appeal. Maybe I made a random player angry. Maybe its because--at the time--had two accounts under the same IP address [myself and my husband's account]. I wish I had the answers to give you guys more proof, but I'm just as clueless as you guys are. :c My account is gone, along with several others who are just as confused... I honestly don't know what else to say other than everyone just go AFK in a room or in camp ship until Sega or ANYONE comes back to the community with a solution or news that the exploits have stopped.

And if anyone actually wants to try my game account and password for themselves, just PM me~

I'm not saying you're lying.

I'm saying from your story alone, it is indeed hard to tell what the hell is going on. And I just wanted to be sure we weren't having a red-scare-witch-hunt level thing going on between our culture clash. @_@

Limbo_lag
Jul 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
I think it might be useful to compile a list of facts about this that we DO know, as well as a list of what we don't. I'll contribute a few points, feel free to amend if I'm wrong.

Known:
-Players are usually AFK when this happens. However, apparently this can also occur when appearing AFK, such as looking through shops.
-Moving seems to return you to your original position.
-Disconnection, followed by the same error code appears on reattempt to log in.
-Staying inside a camp ship or room (or mission field?) seems to avoid this.
-Occurs most often in lobby 20.

Unknown:
-Is this exclusive to ship 2? Have there been reports from other ships?
-How the banning system works - is it auto?
-Autorunning? Does it help?
-Is this occurring only to English speakers?
-Is there any other reason the ban could have occurred? e.g. false address for AC.
-The timeframe between a report being filed and the actual ban occurring.

With a bit of organisation, we might even be able to find out who is doing this. Perhaps someone can make a separate "bait" account and try AFK'ing whilst watching the screen. Might identify who is doing this, especially if:
a. a few people help to test.
b. the same person/guild member appears in the lobby before the tester gets banned.

Heck, we could even have a few legit people wandering around the lobby and keep track of who is there.

Of course, even if we do catch the person, and they get banned, they can simply create a new account and start again. However having bait should act at least as a disincentive to try it.

DerpiestShazbot
Jul 24, 2012, 11:08 AM
Sorry if I'm a little late to the party but has it been confirmed that player get autobanned after being reported multiple times?

Does that mean any idiot with a couple of fanboys can ban anyone he or she chooses by simply providing a name?

The implications are scary. If this is actually how it works then I can see this system being exploited pretty badly.

jooozek
Jul 24, 2012, 11:20 AM
There is no freaking way they'd let in something as retarded as a ban system that nukes after a certain amount of complaints. http://fun.resplace.net/Emoticons/Angry/BangHead1.gif

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 11:29 AM
There is no freaking way they'd let in something as retarded as a ban system that nukes after a certain amount of complaints. http://fun.resplace.net/Emoticons/Angry/BangHead1.gif

They're either doing that or banning people without investigation...

So either way... the PSO2 team or whoever handles banning is slipping.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 11:49 AM
There's a a lot of assuming & jumping to conclusions going on lately about the bans. There is actually little to zero factually presented evidence we have that these bannings have anything to do with being seen outside a window.

The fact that Malice was banned out near the shops on some unpopulated block, in my opinion, is quite a clear lead that this may have nothing to do with a "exploiter" at all.

Many games have terrain that is sometimes exploited to get in to funny places, or see in between walls and what not, but not one online game I've ever played that had these things in abundance (Phantasy Star Online for example) ever had banning come as a result of doing these. You could sit in the pillar in PSO, you could chair in to the the massive themed pillars in the back, you could go inside the back end of the Dark Falz room. Many more. There were countless terrain exploits in PSO and at best they were novelty and funny to do.

Players have very quickly jumped to these conclusions about the fact people cannot see that they are outside, and maybe that has lead to being banned for wrongful accusations of exploiting terrain but there is zero evidence of this, that SEGA even cares about people being outside the window.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it maybe due to false address input for buying Arkz cash. That theory alone has infinitely more merit.

To believe that SEGA is auto-banning based on complaint frequency is stupid (No, really, it is).

Vintasticvin
Jul 24, 2012, 11:56 AM
D: Quick someone call Arby and The Chief!!! They are the starsky and hutch of the mmo world. Im sure they can get to the bottom of this and find a way to can said hacker/s

Joke aside this truly becomming some serious stuff t.t

Limbo_lag
Jul 24, 2012, 12:00 PM
There's a a lot of assuming & jumping to conclusions going on lately about the bans. There is actually little to zero factually presented evidence we have that these bannings have anything to do with being seen outside a window.

The fact that Malice was banned out near the shops on some unpopulated block, in my opinion, is quite a clear lead that this may have nothing to do with a "exploiter" at all.

Many games have terrain that is sometimes exploited to get in to funny places, or see in between walls and what not, but not one online game I've ever played that had these things in abundance (Phantasy Star Online for example) ever had banning come as a result of doing these. You could sit in the pillar in PSO, you could chair in to the the massive themed pillars in the back, you could go inside the back end of the Dark Falz room. Many more. There were countless terrain exploits in PSO and at best they were novelty and funny to do.

Players have very quickly jumped to these conclusions about the fact people cannot see that they are outside, and maybe that has lead to being banned for wrongful accusations of exploiting terrain but there is zero evidence of this, that SEGA even cares about people being outside the window.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that it maybe due to false address input for buying Arkz cash. That theory alone has infinitely more merit.

To believe that SEGA is auto-banning based on complaint frequency is stupid (No, really, it is).

Exactly. This was why I proposed a list. That being said, a lot of these bannings have been occurring after players were AFK for some time. There is a correlation here. However, correlation is not proof, so it may be AC related, we don't know.

Ana-Chan
Jul 24, 2012, 12:11 PM
Or it could just be coincidence. If the they are AFK for hours on end, then the probability of them being online and AFK increases.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 12:13 PM
Or it could just be coincidence. If the they are AFK for hours on end, then the probability of them being online and AFK increases.What?

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 12:15 PM

Like limbo lag said, this is why we're trying to make sure of what's going on. It's obviously been happening to other people. Leaving it at "OP IS DUM EVERYONE'S GETTING BANNED CAUSE THEY DESERVED IT AND DID SOMETHING STUPID" is no better than saying "HACKERS ARE OUT TO GET US, HIDE YOUR MAGS, HIDE YOUR WAIFUS"

So may as well go about all the parts we don't get and all the parts we DO get.

Ana-Chan
Jul 24, 2012, 12:17 PM
What?

Erm, how else would you like me to reword that. If someone is away and leaving themselves dancing in the lobby. If the ban comes into effect a set amount of time after the offence occured then it is more likely that you are banned while AFKing than someone who goes offline. The person who goes offline would just get the "you are banned" message the next time they try to come on.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 12:19 PM
Exactly. This was why I proposed a list. That being said, a lot of these bannings have been occurring after players were AFK for some time. There is a correlation here. However, correlation is not proof, so it may be AC related, we don't know.Correlation =/= causation. This is called a logical fallacy.

If I punch someone in the head, and it happens to start raining, that doesn't mean that occasionally when I punch someone in the head it sometimes starts rain. In the same vein, plenty of people go afk without much worry of this stuff, and aren't being banned. It's only on this occasion that someone is coming back from being afk, banned.

Erm, how else would you like me to reword that. If someone is away and leaving themselves dancing in the lobby. If the ban comes into effect a set amount of time after the offence occured then it is more likely that you are banned while AFKing than someone who goes offline. The person who goes offline would just get the "you are banned" message the next time they try to come on.Okay. Nothing you've just said is anything that isn't really just a given. I would think this information goes without saying, nor do I see how it's relevant.

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 12:30 PM
Correlation =/= causation. This is called a logical fallacy.

If I punch someone in the head, and it happens to start raining, that doesn't mean that occasionally when I punch someone in the head it sometimes rain.

In the same vein, plenty of people go afk without much worry of this stuff, and aren't being banned. It's only on this occasion that someone is coming back from being afk, banned.
Okay. Nothing you've just said is anything that isn't really just a given.

When it get's really sunny...

Water evaporates.

then it gets into the clouds.

and when the clouds can't hold anymore water, it rains.

This is what we're trying to find out! The punch in the head was just the door opener that for whatever reason made you pay attention to the mystery of this rain! We're trying to figure out whether or not this "assumption" is true and if it's not. Then figuring out what the real answer COULD be!

Now stop being difficult and help us find the real answer, or stop looking for reasons to be contradicting for the sake of starting arguments nobody is going to win! BEFORE I DESTROY YOU!! /BATMAN VOICE

Limbo_lag
Jul 24, 2012, 12:32 PM
Uh, I think he was agreeing with me lol. I did say correlation =/= proof ("cause" isn't really the right word to use in this context, strictly speaking) :P

In any case, hackers moving people around is certainly a possible option, especially given the circumstances of many of the victims, but we need to look into other possibilities as well, such as purchasing AC.

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 12:33 PM
Uh, I think he was agreeing with me lol. But either way, my point still stands. We need more information before we can determine the actual cause of these bannings. Correlation is not good enough.

Was he? I couldn't tell by the e-tone.

Anyway, We need more evidence before we can say "OBJECTION!"

NeoRydia
Jul 24, 2012, 12:46 PM
I had another thought here. It is possible the hackers have only been moving players who are on block 20. Miss Malice did say she was messing around on block 20 with one of the guys who she later realized was one of the hackers. So maybe during that time she was moved and reported. Then a day or two later (however long it was) when she was in an obscure location. Sega finally got around to banning her.

This would easily explain how the players in a premium block were banned. They could have been at block 20 sometime in the past messing around or just AFK and were moved and reported then and there.

Still doesn't make sense why no one appears to have been banned while actually playing the game and in a mission or something though but then again those who spend time in block 20 maybe spend a lot more time AFK then actually playing.

Ana-Chan
Jul 24, 2012, 01:03 PM
Okay. Nothing you've just said is anything that isn't really just a given. I would think this information goes without saying, nor do I see how it's relevant.

Yet some people think that they are being banned because they are AFKing. So sometimes things that you think go without saying needs someone to say them.
The point I was getting accross is that the more time you spend in the lobby dancing or just sitting there makes it more likely that you will be banned while being AFK. People then equated this to them being banned because they were AFKing or being banned because their position got changed and seen as hackers. So if you don't see that as relevant then I don't know what is.

In any case, hackers moving people around is certainly a possible option, especially given the circumstances of many of the victims, but we need to look into other possibilities as well, such as purchasing AC.

If hackers moving people around is the cause then SEGA should stop making games. In the very simple case, they should be logging data coming from the clients, this includes controls (such as character position changes). Each packet of data has a source IP address attacked to it. So if there is a sudden change in position and the request comes from an address other than the player then that really shows that the person who was moved isn't at fault. This is the kind of information SEGA should be getting (it is easy enough to get too). This is also important especially after the problems of PSU.

GameGeekRob
Jul 24, 2012, 01:25 PM
I shudder to think how this issue is going to go down on the NA/EU servers...

Unaki
Jul 24, 2012, 01:33 PM
Full 24 hours afk ship 2 block 20, STILL HERE

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 01:34 PM

I want to agree with you, you know? It's a very bad and exploitable system. I mean, it would be silly.

But then, :sega:

KEV1N
Jul 24, 2012, 01:41 PM

I've logged in a few times on an alt and haven't seen anyone outside or NPCs shuffled around. Maybe they changed ships or got bored.

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 01:43 PM

If it turns out you repel the super duper evil hackers would you mind staying on 24/7?

ShinMaruku
Jul 24, 2012, 02:10 PM
I got no problem with the banning afk dancers.

Unaki
Jul 24, 2012, 02:30 PM
If it turns out you repel the super duper evil hackers would you mind staying on 24/7?

I wouldn't mind doing that but there is a problem. I want to play DayZ but if I do, gameguard will disconnect pso2.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 02:36 PM
Uh, I think he was agreeing with me lol. I did say correlation =/= proof ("cause" isn't really the right word to use in this context, strictly speaking) :P

I'm disagreeing with you because you directly noted a correlation between AFKing and getting banned because that's the only part of MissMalice's story we've been given as to why or when possibly her ban was decided.

The fact you think they are correlated, does not mean one caused the other. It's absolutely the right word. Correlation is subjective, so if you want to a draw a correlation between the AFK and the ban, that's your choice, and it qualifies as a correlation in your mind, but that doesn't make it the cause of what happened in the end (the ban). You could be drawing correlations out of thin air.

So no, I'm not agreeing with you.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 02:55 PM
I won't believe it's false address until I get banned myself, or if someone posts a translated e-mail they have received detailing the banning beyond "you were outside the glass lol"

Kirukia
Jul 24, 2012, 04:20 PM
I'm disagreeing with you because you directly noted a correlation between AFKing and getting banned because that's the only part of MissMalice's story we've been given as to why or when possibly her ban was decided.

The fact you think they are correlated, does not mean one caused the other. It's absolutely the right word. Correlation is subjective, so if you want to a draw a correlation between the AFK and the ban, that's your choice, and it qualifies as a correlation in your mind, but that doesn't make it the cause of what happened in the end (the ban). You could be drawing correlations out of thin air.

So no, I'm not agreeing with you.

But there is a correlation because almost every person who has experienced the issue has said they were AFK. I don't know why you think they are drawing that from this thread alone. On top of that, a handful of the people who have been banned while AFK have been seen outside the glass by other players on pso-world. I've been watching these threads and I've seen more than a few instances. That doesn't mean it's the cause (and they never said it was the cause), but you can't simply ignore it when it matches up between so many people's stories. It has some merit and is worth looking into at the very least.

On another note, it's odd to me that there have been no notification e-mails.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 04:22 PM
But there is a correlation because almost every person who has experienced the issue has said they were AFK. I don't know why you think they are drawing that from this thread alone. On top of that, a handful of the people who have been banned while AFK have been seen outside the glass by other players on pso-world. I've been watching these threads and I've seen more than a few instances. That doesn't mean it's the cause (and they never said it was the cause), but you can't simply ignore it when it matches up between so many people's stories. It has some merit and it worth looking into at the very least.

On another note, it's odd to me that there have been no notification e-mails.I bolded every part where you have absolutely zero figures to back up your entire paragraph. Made up nonsense, based off of assumptions.

Kirukia
Jul 24, 2012, 04:26 PM
I bolded every part where you have absolutely zero figures to back up your entire paragraph. Made up nonsense, based off of assumptions.

Personal experience. Reading the threads related.
I'm not going to go through every thread about the issue and quote it for you. If you'd like to see proof just go read the other threads yourself. You're the one assuming all the people in this thread who think there is a correlation is making it up off the top of their heads or being spoon-fed ideas by other people.

Zari
Jul 24, 2012, 04:27 PM
Zipzo, I'm guessing you didn't see all those people talking about how it happened to them in threads? It happening like that to people isn't assumptions, go look through the forums if you want proof of that. People aren't making it up off the top of their heads.

Why are you so against the idea that it is hackers putting AFK players outside the ship?

If you say no proof, that is bs, because there are a bunch of things that connect and support the possibility that it is hackers.

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
Zipzo, I'm guessing you didn't see all those people talking about how it happened to them in threads? It happening like that to people isn't assumptions, go look through the forums if you want proof of that. People aren't making it up off the top of their heads.

Why are you so against the idea that it is hackers putting AFK players outside the ship?

If you say no proof, that is bs, because there are a bunch of things that connect and support the possibility that it is hackers.

I bet ten rubles he's really one of the hackers and is just trying to throw us off. ;-)

EvilMag
Jul 24, 2012, 04:35 PM
I bet ten rubles he's really one of the hackers and is just trying to throw us off. ;-)

Not sure if trolling or being stupid.

Ranmaru
Jul 24, 2012, 04:37 PM

Heh, glad you are ok. I don't think they'd just stick to the same block tho. So try a diff block.

Anyways. Let's say people are getting banned for a reason that isn't hacking/afk'ing. What else can one get banned for? :-?

Also here is another problem. When you get banned, you don't really get a 'comment' or assessment as to why. (if you do please correct me, I just assumed you only get an error message and that's it) So for people asking for 'proof', how can one give any, besides pics? Keep in mind that a person won't really have decisive pics to show WHY they were banned. [Example, if I were afk, I wouldn't be there to take a pic of what would have gotten me banned] Also consider we are in the Japanese servers, so it would be harder for us to get help from an Admin without some knowledge of the language.

So (I assume) we are forced to use guess work to find out why people are getting banned here.

Xeno88
Jul 24, 2012, 04:46 PM
Off topic, but damn ive noticed that the amount of douche posters has seemed to increase by orders of magnitude...