PDA

View Full Version : how do you like the game?

hbmizzle10
Jul 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
if you were to rate this game on a scale of one to ten, what would you give it and why? (please give me a detailed answer)

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 12:23 PM
I think we already had a thread like this.

Dan Maku
Jul 23, 2012, 12:24 PM
7.5/10. Would be a 9 or even 10 if not for the English community being crap or the rampant hacking and false reporting/bannings.

hbmizzle10
Jul 23, 2012, 12:28 PM
how bad is the english community?

Dan Maku
Jul 23, 2012, 12:30 PM
how bad is the english community?

The hackers who moved NPCs about and started moving players outside the window in the lobby, screenshot the glitch, and report it to Sega, getting players falsely banned? All English players.

MoonlightMyau
Jul 23, 2012, 12:33 PM
7.5/10. Would be a 9 or even 10 if not for the English community being crap or the rampant hacking and false reporting/bannings.

This ^ (except for the crap English community part, most I've had dealings with have been alright). But the hacking etc has put me off playing, I hope it's culled soon.

Otherwise, it's a fantastic game with lots to do.

Zorafim
Jul 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Y'all need to play a real online game if you think this community is anything less than amazing.

And the game? It takes some skill to get a WoW-addict away from his crack. And I haven't even thought of WoW since I picked up the beta.

blace
Jul 23, 2012, 12:47 PM
Started the game recently, and I was expecting a bit more out of the control system. It's not as fluid as it looked in the pre-alpha phase nor does it do the game justice with how rich the environments in the game can be.

Probably has to do with my low level, but even then the game could be smoother.

IzzyData
Jul 23, 2012, 01:13 PM
9/10

This is the most fun I've had with a game in over a decade. Just the gameplay itself is incredibly fun.

The Walrus
Jul 23, 2012, 01:13 PM
This game is horrible. Shit. Crap. Trash. We're playing it cause we're masochists.

hbmizzle10
Jul 23, 2012, 01:26 PM
This game is horrible. Shit. Crap. Trash. We're playing it cause we're masochists.

thats pretty harsh

hbmizzle10
Jul 23, 2012, 01:29 PM
so what about the cash shops do you like them? do they need improvement you think?

Lostbob117
Jul 23, 2012, 02:08 PM
Cash shop is stupid you can get everything from there in the player shop for shit tons of meseta but, not that much(But the Rappy suits they're like 1mill wth.)

jmanx
Jul 23, 2012, 03:14 PM
Lets see I will give it a 7/10
Combat and everything is awesome but the overall setup is hurting it for me.
The game plays like a new Phantasy star Zero which is awesome but the missions system and other stuff is like PSU which is just horrid.

Retarded Lvl requirements for missions, QUEST TO GET PASS lvl 30, stupid weapon grinding, they just doodoo psu all over it. Class hybriding seem to be demolished cant use Partisan PA when im a ranger. Hope the new classes change that at least

Kanore
Jul 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
as a sequel to PSU (not PSO): 11/10
as a free asian MMO: 11/10
as a standalone online rpg: 8/10
as a game in general: 7/10

there's nothing to do when you max out except to wait for the next update

and yes i'm leveling another class but i had to dish out 6 bucks to get a mag to make it fun

itsbao93
Jul 23, 2012, 04:26 PM
It hasn't released in NA yet :(

Mystil
Jul 23, 2012, 04:59 PM
In 31 minutes my PC is gonna have the jp client. And tomorrow morning, I guess I'll find out lol.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 23, 2012, 05:05 PM
It's one of the only games I play on my pc next to Left 4 dead 2 so it's doing something right. 8.5/10

DragonForce
Jul 23, 2012, 05:10 PM
I've played this game in simulations in my mind. Haven't played it physically yet, but I expect the simulation to be the same as the physical version. In the mean time I will be playing Doom 2 and the millions of WADs for an exasecond.

kkow
Jul 23, 2012, 05:10 PM
Cash shop is stupid you can get everything from there in the player shop for shit tons of meseta but, not that much(But the Rappy suits they're like 1mill wth.)

damnit i sold mine for a mere 250k, wanted to get rid of it as fast as possible...

darkante
Jul 23, 2012, 05:11 PM
8.5/10.

It has a great battle mechanic, but they havenīt really figured out a way to balance the enemy forces for bigger parties.
Yeah, more enemies but not tougher.

I really expected them to be more aggresive, faster and tougher to kill depending on how many people around and in return you get maybe more exp and slightly higher chance for better loot.

Otherwise, i like it. Should probably nerf some melee skills just a little, but i donīt expect that too happen (thinking about those shockwave attacks).

Agitated_AT
Jul 23, 2012, 05:20 PM
At the moment an 8, wish I could give it a 9 or a 10 though

Mystil
Jul 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
Face paced, so far it seems.

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 01:18 PM
Simple, Pretty decent battle system, overall I'm lovin' it. ^_^

reselath
Jul 24, 2012, 01:27 PM
I give it a 8.5

The combat isn't extremely fluid, but it's well paces

Cash shop of course is needed to get more mags, my room, ect

Not appreciating melee that much, but I just go rambo and don't dodge <.< or block
Still seems gimped though

Overall a good game

JeyKama
Jul 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
I'd have to give this game like... a 3 out of 5. Generally pretty and the character creation is crazy amazing, but your outerwear customization is piss-poor and gacha is EVERYWHERE. Combat suffers from being too easy in multiplayer and really tedious solo because of 0 scaling (looking at you mandatory boosted storymode Vol Dragon#2) and FO needs some skill that boosts the range/duration of buffs or something.

The interface is only one-step above consoles in terms of being PC-usable, despite being limited to PCs and Android-capable devices. Not as bad as FF14's release UI, so I guess it could be worse.

AC being limited to real money only sucks - most F2P games worth their salt will entice players by giving out limited cash shop currency for game loyalty (a good example of this is DDO). If FUN points could be traded in for the lesser AC shop items like scapes/cosmos/myroom/mag&skill reset devices then I believe the triple currency system would feel much less disjointed.

The randomization in pretty much everything also sucks, especially for costume color changes and outright lying about the rappy suit chance. Note that maps being random does not suck, that's actually cool. Everything else though... especially the Item Lab.

Multiparties are a lot of fun and long PSEs are my favorite thing about the game, followed by mag pokemon.

Angelo
Jul 24, 2012, 02:14 PM
Gameplay: 9/10
The game is incredibly fast paced and twitchy. I don't think I've played any online game with such a dynamic combat system. The enemy AI isn't fantastic, but all the enemies are incredibly varied. I approach almost every enemy different and boss battles are all different from one another so far, unlike PSU which just had a million dragon reskins.

Content: 6.5/10
Well, this was to be expected with the series, but as of now there is a decent amount of content for the type of game it is. Maps are still pretty limited and client orders certainly help flesh this out. As for equipment.. there doesn't seem to be very many rares or special items, but this is most likely due to the current level cap. This is something that will be remedied over time with updates.

Support Attentiveness (fixes and updates): 9/10
I know we all had the maintenance downtimes, but Sega is making a good effort to crack down on exploits. They also have a very clear roadmap of where they want to go with updates, and I'm surprised we received one so soon after launch. I am very impressed so far.

Music and Sound: 9.5/10
Sega never disappoints in this category. The ethereal chords and dynamic changing battle music ring true to the original and gives it the amazing charm that made the original PSO so memorable.

Graphics (power and polygons): 8/10
The game is pretty, and at full settings it looks very well crafted. However there are still some areas where some very ugly 'shortcuts' have been taken to lower polycount, even though it just comes off as lazy. Tundra, for example, while a beautiful atmosphere, is very jagged and looks remarkably 'put together' and unnatural in some parts.

Graphics (aesthetics and presentation): 10/10
The online Phantasy Star games have always nailed this on the head, PSO2 is no different.

Paid Services: 6/10
A lot of this has to do with the poor exchange rate of the USD to yen, so this is pretty subjective. I don't particularly like the scratcher system even though I understand it's merits, it's just not for me; someone who is a bit boring and 'plays it safe' I hate risk and gambles. Things like character makeovers and buying MAGs certainly feels like nickel and diming and I wouldn't really have a problem with it if the prices weren't so high for my poor American dollar. The terrible RNG for grinding doesn't really help either, and having to pay to trade and sell really drives the nail in further.

Character personalization: 8.5/10
The character customization is great, no doubt about it. Skill trees and MAGs help differentiate your character from the pack even further. However, due to how limited the weapon type selection is, it can sometimes make you feel the same as everyone else in combat, especially as a RA or FO when there's a 50/50 chance that someone is going to be using the same weapon type as you. Another nitpick is stemmed from the conventional perks of modern online games; things like weapon and armor reskinning need to make it here eventually.

Overall: 8.1/10

LK1721
Jul 24, 2012, 02:23 PM
8/10 or so for the moment. There's a very thin spread of content, lack of outfit customization (mix and match...I miss you) and I believe there should be other ways to earn AC ingame. For example, if you win one of the time attack rankings, you get 50-100 AC depending on your rank, or maybe you can exchange Fun Points for half the amount of AC.

Despite the faults, though, I'm still enjoying this game.

gravityvx
Jul 24, 2012, 02:25 PM
Overall 7.5/10

The game itself is amazing, the gameplay, music, graphics, art style, and traditional pso feel (minus the much darker story and atmosphere), when comparing it to older phantasy star games, most specifically psu which was the hugest let down for a day one buy, more so than when I bought FFXIV. It's the small things that I can't give it a better score in my book. Those reasons being:

Difficulty: The game in it's current state is extremely easy, with a small exception of the tundra boss which is slightly more of a challenge than anything else in the game due to their ridiculous aggressiveness & range(more of this please).

Trading: This irks me more than anything, I've never seen an mmo block trading, a staple to any game of this genre. Having to pay for such a feature just feels downright wrong. It would not effect player shops, as it's always much easier for people to just browse shops, and the seller themselves much easier to sell when you can just list many items at once, without theneed to make an ingame advertisement room for people to join. It does not effect RMT in the least besides having them pay SoJ while the majority player base still cannot trade.

Hacking: They really dropped the ball with security, while there will always be cheaters in an online game, they should have at least put some effort into it instead of just slapping on the laughable gameguard. I remember not being able to join a city emergency not too long ago because the NPCs were literally gone completely from the main lobbies, and being forced to join lower populated blocks to do so, which in turn didn't go to well since there weren't too many in the multi areas.

Tedious Client Orders: I'm looking at you level cap quest. Some of the requirements for these quests need some serious adjustments.

Hard Mode Level Requirements: This is one that really irks me also, 20-25 seemed like a chore trying to get into the higher hard mode areas when city isn't up. The game seemed to flow alot better after reaching 25, that being said I think they should really adjust the requirement for the sub boss zones, maybe something like 22. Because let's be real here, even at 20 the sub boss areas would still be very easy.

That said, the game is still pretty amazing to me but yeah it has it's flaws.

ScottyMango
Jul 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
Started the game recently, and I was expecting a bit more out of the control system. It's not as fluid as it looked in the pre-alpha phase nor does it do the game justice with how rich the environments in the game can be.

Probably has to do with my low level, but even then the game could be smoother.

Game is smooooooth as butter to me. Are you using a keyboard maybe?

KOLZ
Jul 24, 2012, 03:16 PM
From the extremely little that I understand and have played I enjoy it a lot. Can't wait to actually understand the game, lol.

DARKWINGDARA
Jul 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
I've played this game in simulations in my mind. Haven't played it physically yet, but I expect the simulation to be the same as the physical version. In the mean time I will be playing Doom 2 and the millions of WADs for an exasecond.

that long, huh?

8/10
it's doing really well considering the short duration it's been out. most fresh mmo's (not just translated) have had far more issues than pso2 has (wow, warhammer, rift, swtor and on)

ScottyMango
Jul 24, 2012, 03:52 PM
I'd give it a 8.5 to 9/10. The only thing holding me back from maximum enjoyment is that it's in Japanese, as well as a few other tiiny little things.

The more you play it, the better it gets. I just got a My Room and started the mines. It's incredibly well done, I think.

Fogbound Monk
Jul 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
Not a big fan of the "S rank this mission in X time to progress to the next area" style of things. It stresses me out. Another would be the lack of content I suppose for certain levels, but I reckon that's something that they'll get sorted down the road.

But, yeah, 7/10 - simply because the S ranking on time killed the game quite a bit for me, haven't bothered to play in a while now. Although I'd like to see the mines, looks quite fun.

Mystil
Jul 24, 2012, 05:11 PM
I don't expect the JP players themselves to put up with that, for much longer either.

moorebounce
Jul 24, 2012, 05:22 PM
Gameplay 10/10
The best gameplay mechanics from PSO & PSU were expanded on and in one game.

Audio 8/10
Would've gotten 10 with Voice chat system

Visuals 9/10
It's better than both PSO and PSU

Online 8/10
I only see problems when the lobbies start to get full and the hackers.

Replay value 9/10
What keeps me from giving this a 10 is the level cap(s)

Overall 9/10

goldwing
Jul 24, 2012, 05:41 PM
8 cause no daggers jk. But cause its hard to find a team. Thats not the games fault cant even blame the ppl fully but it def gets lonely.

moeri
Jul 24, 2012, 05:46 PM
I will use above rating just because I liked

Gameplay 9/10
I don't plan on giving a game 10/10 unless I am truly astonished, I like the gameplay but the last point is more like a bonus point to me.

Audio 8/10
The ingame voices, music, etc were good... but a bit too repetitive for me. I find myself having to open up outside music players because of the small selection.

Visuals 9/10
Only problem was the stages, not very appealing to me. Though it is hard to add really great elements when the stages are somewhat randomly generated.

Online 9/10
Not the perfect online experience, but the community is good, and there are plenty of people to play with. One more point would have been rewarded if not for the crackers. (won't give the respect associated with the word hacker... look it up)

Replay value 9/10
3 classes allow for 3x replay, along with equipment gathering. Plenty to get done.

Overall 9/10

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 06:01 PM
I LOVE IT!!!! I dreamt about this game for a loooong time and now that I get to play it I'm in heaven. Combat is very fun, multiparties are a blast, and I love all the pretty costumes we get and will continue to get. Costumes give me a reason to farm for meseta and such!

ZcRaider
Jul 25, 2012, 12:13 AM
Gotta love the interent.......

Well the game is awesome!

Gameplay 10/10
Community 8/10
Story 6/10
Replay value 7/10 (9/10 if your premium)
Music 7/10

Personal opinons:

Pros:
-Probaby the best looking Phantasy Star Game to date.
-Gameplay is a mix of PSU and PSO. AWESOMENESS
-Creative weapons and gear.
-CUSTOMIZABLE PHOTON ART COMBO SYSTEM!!!
-Innovative Menu Options and Symbol Art.
-Storage access from shops. Can even selling things in storage from shop. Put things in storage from combat areas.
-Interactive enemies...breakable enemy parts....
-SEGA!!!!

Cons:
-Game feels rushed. Period. Should still be open beta. Glitches and bugs present.
-Should be Globalized.
-Needs some bigger areas / planet side rest areas. (On the ship or orbital hub ALL the time, unless fighting)
-Hacking is serious issue atm
-Payment Options not American Friendly. But possible if bank is contacted.
-Maintences are a teeth grinder..... Very frequent. Typical of rushed game.
-SEGA.....

ScottyMango
Jul 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
I agree with most of these, but...

-Game feels rushed. Period. Should still be open beta.
-Maintences is a teeth grinder..... Very frequent. Typical of rushed game.

You haven't played many online games at release have you? lol

Because PSO2 is doing wonderfully compared to most out there.

Fafnir
Jul 25, 2012, 12:20 AM
Fantastic combat mechanics that kept me coming back for more, great expansion to character customization (both in terms of developing a playstyle with skills and Mags, as well as visual customization), good visuals, great bosses...

...And then I hit level 20. I know it's supposed to get better once you hit level 30, but that's a long time with nothing to do, and it's hard to want to play anymore knowing how much I'll have to grind through all that.

ScottyMango
Jul 25, 2012, 12:24 AM
Level 20 suuuuuuuuucked, but level 30 was fantastic. Straight from Tundra to Mines?

yisss.

Fafnir
Jul 25, 2012, 12:27 AM
Really, they should have put Tundra at level 20, let that take place until around level 25-27, and then after that, do a proper hard mode that actually feels like it's worth replaying (not this joke that we currently have to deal with).

ZcRaider
Jul 25, 2012, 12:33 AM
I agree with most of these, but...

You haven't played many online games at release have you? lol

Because PSO2 is doing wonderfully compared to most out there.

True...

I'm normally smart enough to wait for the game to be released in my country....
Guess im a little spoiled...

But sega hit me with the JEDI MIND WHAMMY. So here I am.....

But in a more serious note....

Everything is relative. It may seem like its doing well because everybody that is talking about here it is actually playing it. But there are TONS of people who dont have the resources to play this game. And they will have to wait until NA release.

The reality is....most of the player base is Japanese. Everyone else is actually the minority....

I agree that the games reception is VERY GOOD. Sega has a great product.

But as far as there Business strategy, and there treatment of non-japanese customers.....I have to say that this game is being serverly bottle necked by Sega.

Why? Only speculation follows this "why".....

All i know, is that sega has been doing this crap since PSU. And its the one lesson they seem to have not learned.

Everytime there is a maint. there is a post. And it flames into rants of greater to lesser degree because people are NOT HAPPY WITH HOW SEGA IS RUNNING THERE GAME. Not to mention Hackers are owning there servers, and we suffer because of it via extra maint. on top of regular maint.

So..i feel the jury is still out on whether this game is "Doing good". Took my rose colored glasses off after i hit lvl 39. LOL

With that said...im a get some sleep..and play some more PSO2 in da morning haha!! :bondage:

Fafnir
Jul 25, 2012, 12:40 AM
Well, one reason for this could be that, in lieu of Sega's poor financial situation, they're not feeling too confident about trying new things, and instead resort to the same strategies that they've been falling back on. Ironically, such conservatism ends up biting them in the ass, as the methods that have supposedly been keeping them barely afloat for the past years have been the same ones that have been slowly dragging them down

Of course, that is all assuming that the main reason for this poor management is because of bad finances, and not the other way around.

ZcRaider
Jul 25, 2012, 12:49 AM
Well, one reason for this could be that, in lieu of Sega's poor financial situation, they're not feeling too confident about trying new things, and instead resort to the same strategies that they've been falling back on. Ironically, such conservatism ends up biting them in the ass, as the methods that have supposedly been keeping them barely afloat for the past years have been the same ones that have been slowly dragging them down

Of course, that is all assuming that the main reason for this poor management is because of bad finances, and not the other way around.

So true...so true......

So, im just trying to make the best out of it....i guess.

*Closes eyes, and clicks his heels three times: Please to mess this up sega.

Mystil
Jul 25, 2012, 03:24 AM
Gotta love the interent.......

Cons:

-Hacking is serious issue atm

Get used to it. We all had to in the last 12 years.

hbmizzle10
Jul 25, 2012, 11:23 AM
lol wow u guys really love this game

reselath
Jul 25, 2012, 11:35 AM
We all have our complaints but I've been playing PSO 1 and 2 since I was 8, and I love the games, PSU was a flop but fun to play imo, but I'm really enjoying PSO2.

Ithildin
Jul 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
Not really a fan of scores out of ten but if I had to 7/10. Remember 5 is average.

WolfDreamer
Jul 25, 2012, 12:35 PM
Overall I'd give it an 8/10.

Loves -
Controls with the Keyboard (used to playing traditional MMO's and this adapts closely)
Combat system with the variety of different ways to combo photon arts together continuously.
Return of old school MAGs
Enemy variety
Overall look and feel of the graphics
Sweet sweet PSO music and sounds
Ability to grind and change element/attributes to both weapons and armor pieces.

Hates -
Have to pay for room/shop/trade access
One free character per account (wish it could be one character per ship up to 4)
Current quest requirements to unlock new areas

Any other gripes I have atm are ones that are due to the game being new or not in english really so they're minor. I know hackers is a big downer for a lot of people but after playing Phantasy Star games in the past you know they're gonna be part of the online game no matter what so you learn to deal. The level grind can be harsh at times as well but you get used to it. The game itself is good enough to overcome the concerns.

Can't wait to see the new weapon types/classes/zones!

Mystil
Jul 25, 2012, 12:50 PM
..am getting addicted to the game. For once I have something to look forward to on my days off from work O_O.

Cyclon
Jul 25, 2012, 04:09 PM
lol wow u guys really love this game
That's to be expected. We are phantasy star fans, that play the game actively despite the language barrier. And those who didn't like it probably aren't lurking here anymore.

But yeah, the most important part of a game to me, gameplay, is what PSO2 does best. So I don't really see how I could dislike it.

hbmizzle10
Aug 2, 2012, 02:25 PM
i wish i could play this game if only i had a labtop. i want to see what u guys like soo much about it.... any body want to help me learn basic Japanese? lol

Jakosifer
Aug 2, 2012, 02:35 PM
I really just like all of the loli.