PDA

View Full Version : Disable doubletap dash?

IzzyData
Jul 23, 2012, 10:58 PM
As the title suggests I would like to know if there is an easy to disable dashing when you double tap a directional key. I seem to always dash on accident when I am making fine movements and often lose a charged ability that I was saving.

ScottyMango
Jul 23, 2012, 11:00 PM
You mean.. you want to get rid of dash all-together?

I don't know how, but that seems kind of drastic man. You kinda need dash lol.

But I agree that it's a pain in the ass. This was my biggest issue before I switched to a gamepad.

IzzyData
Jul 23, 2012, 11:05 PM
No, I just want to make it so I have to push x to dash. Or bind that key to something else.

ScottyMango
Jul 23, 2012, 11:22 PM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/AlMcFly/Menu%20Translation%20Thread/MenuBar-System-Options08-GamepadConfiguration02Settings.gif

The only thing I can think of it going to that menu(in the keyboard section), and trying to change the one that says Dodge to whatever button you want. I donno if you've tried that already, and I'm not sure how it might work differently, as it's not a single-press action.

Blackheart521
Jul 23, 2012, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure how it might work differently, as it's not a single-press action.

It is a single press action actually my good sir, though I guess you just never figured it out since you already stated that you are a game-pad user now. but it is by default mapped to X but can also be accessed through double tapping.

And I think this has been asked before OP and nobody knows how to do this if it is even possible to do sadly. :/

ScottyMango
Jul 23, 2012, 11:28 PM
Ohhh... now my posts seem kinda herpderp lol.

Well, that's a shame.

BogusKun
Jul 23, 2012, 11:47 PM
Use a XBOX360 controller... never worry about double tapping ever again.

Sp-24
Jul 23, 2012, 11:50 PM
There is no way to turn off the doubletap dash or configure the input window for it, which is idiotic, because that window is a full 1 second long.

ScottyMango
Jul 23, 2012, 11:52 PM
Use a XBOX360 controller... never worry about double tapping ever again.

^ this. My PSO2 experience has been 100% more wonderful since I switched to a gamepad.

But lets not make this another keyboard vs gamepad topic.

UnLucky
Jul 24, 2012, 12:31 AM
I knew something like this had to exist.

http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy

Virtual Joystick - a way to make your keyboard act like a gamepad with no added peripherals. Set the "analog" directions to WASD and unbind them from the game (gears icon, third option, second twisty, last item, click the button next to the bound key, press the same key to unbind).

You don't have to unbind the keys if you choose to "Block Keys" using VJoy, but then you won't be able to type WASD anywhere in Windows (including the game's chat) until you untick the box (or close VJoy). If you don't block the key presses, your character will move if you hit those keys while typing.

ANYWAY what I'm trying to say is, this disables double-tap dashing.

jooozek
Jul 24, 2012, 02:37 AM
Holy crap it works.

Jiraiza
Jul 24, 2012, 03:34 AM
I knew something like this had to exist.

http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy

Virtual Joystick - a way to make your keyboard act like a gamepad with no added peripherals. Set the "analog" directions to WASD and unbind them from the game (gears icon, third option, second twisty, last item, click the button next to the bound key, press the same key to unbind).

You don't have to unbind the keys if you choose to "Block Keys" using VJoy, but then you won't be able to type WASD anywhere in Windows (including the game's chat) until you untick the box (or close VJoy). If you don't block the key presses, your character will move if you hit those keys while typing.

ANYWAY what I'm trying to say is, this disables double-tap dashing.

Now this is very helpful. Thanks! I'd rather be inconvenienced by a little movement while typing than this god awful sensitive double tap rolling mechanic.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 24, 2012, 03:42 AM
double tapping is awesome :D

it's one of the best features of PSO2 keyboard controls IMO (loved it since the very first time I got my hands on it), and more games should adopt this style.

I understand that it can be annoying when you're changing directions rapidly, and I do agree that they should fix it so that it only activates when you double tap the same direction.

Spellbinder
Jul 24, 2012, 03:44 AM
Can someone here perhaps in a private message please walk me through how to use VJOY? I wanted to use it for something else, but it didn't seem to do anything when I opened it up.

Kanore
Jul 24, 2012, 05:41 AM
i started using a gamepad and never looked back

IzzyData
Jul 24, 2012, 06:07 AM
double tapping is awesome :D

it's one of the best features of PSO2 keyboard controls IMO (loved it since the very first time I got my hands on it), and more games should adopt this style.

I understand that it can be annoying when you're changing directions rapidly, and I do agree that they should fix it so that it only activates when you double tap the same direction.

The timing window also needs to be reduced so that it is less likely to double tap on accident.

Spellbinder
Jul 25, 2012, 09:16 AM
Still looking for a little vjoy help. :)

UnLucky
Jul 25, 2012, 07:26 PM
Install VJoy, install the virtual joystick driver (tell Windows that yes, you do want it), run the program, enter your keys, check "Enable," optionally check "Block Keys"

Then start PSO2.

Spellbinder
Jul 25, 2012, 08:35 PM
I've set the keys in vjoy, but when I try to configure the pad or customize the keys, it doesn't seem to pick up my settings.

jooozek
Jul 25, 2012, 08:40 PM
Did you go through the screen with axis mapping? That one where you need to hold some direction and press some button while still holding that direction.

Spellbinder
Jul 25, 2012, 09:00 PM
Ya. I think one thing that's puzzling me is the joy sticks. (I'm slow on the uptake so forgive me)

Z Axis/Rotation is one of the joysticks. I'm assuming POV is the other?

jooozek
Jul 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
http://sadpanda.us/images/1104343-T0BMASA.png
This is the setup that I use, I've pressed W, A, Up, Left on that screen. I don't really know how to help you otherwise.

Spellbinder
Jul 25, 2012, 09:22 PM
Did you disable those keys in the keyboard settings first?

UnLucky
Jul 25, 2012, 09:32 PM
Left/Right/Up/Down = Left Stick
Z axis/rotation = Right Stick
POV = D-pad

Raxrenol
Jul 26, 2012, 01:31 AM
I can't figure out how to get this to work as well. Google yields very few additional results, mostly with outdated information so that doesn't help either.

So far, I have:

Installed VJoy
Installed the driver along with it
Followed jooozek's VJoy settings and enabled them
Restarted my PC and PSO2 for good measure
Made sure VJoy is on

So WASD should move my character even if they're unbinded from the keyboard settings right? That doesn't seem to work, as once they're unbinded my character doesn't move at all, and if they're binded double tap still dashes.

I went to the axis mapping screen but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do there, hitting WASD during the mapping does nothing to the center dot, it just sits in the middle of the square. Tried to do the mapping with a gamepad and that works just fine, but WASD still doesn't work for moving.

I would really appreciate any help to get this working, double tap is absolutely godawful when playing a Force, losing a fully charged spell along with the PP it cost just for an accidental dodge makes me want to punch kittens. Especially if you're trying to nudge yourself into position to heal a party member who's moving about, then your charged 30 PP heal gets double tapped away ;_;

jooozek
Jul 26, 2012, 02:21 AM
Yes Spellbinder, I did unbind the actual keys, I've rebind them to ;',. as they aren't used.
Raxrenol, if you have a real gamepad connected to your PC remove it. Other than that no clue what could do it.

Raxrenol
Jul 26, 2012, 03:05 AM
Yeah I've tried it both with and without a gamepad connected, either way doesn't seem to work.

What happens when you use the axis mapping screen? Does WASD make the dot move?

wohdin
Jul 26, 2012, 03:31 AM
If VJoy isn't working for you for some reason, check to see if you have any other gamepads installed, and if so, uninstall them. I had another virtual joystick installed that was somehow interfering with VJoy (or possibly PSO2 was only accepting the other one) and it worked just fine when I uninstalled that controller.

UnLucky
Jul 26, 2012, 04:51 AM
I've got a 360 and PS3 controller (using MotioninJoy) installed and VJoy works for me.

Does "VJoy Virtual Joystick" show up in Window's Game Controllers list? And does hitting WASD (or whatever you set up VJoy to use) move the crosshair there? Try setting some buttons to test, too.

Phantasma
Jul 26, 2012, 03:04 PM
Coulda swore I made a thread about this last month. `-`

jooozek
Oct 23, 2012, 04:27 PM
Necroing this because well shiz, anyone managed to get VJoy working while having a real gamepad connected? As my real gamepad I'm using a Dual Shock 2 connected to a lpt psx converter and that itself is a pretty rough construction itself, I need to screw it for it to keep still and even if I remove the converter drivers itself keeps the "virtual device" alive. Disabling the gamepad in the device manager requires a reboot every time I want to disable or enable it back. I've even tried 3rd party device managers but they do nothing, the drivers restore the device back instantly.
It's such a pain in the ass, I don't really play any other games on my PC anymore because of it. I'm really angry at SEGA not adding yet an option to disable double-tapping, like seriously, there is no double-tapping for gamepads, why is there for keyboards? What gives?

Spellbinder
Oct 23, 2012, 06:44 PM
Necroing this because well shiz, anyone managed to get VJoy working while having a real gamepad connected? As my real gamepad I'm using a Dual Shock 2 connected to a lpt psx converter and that itself is a pretty rough construction itself, I need to screw it for it to keep still and even if I remove the converter drivers itself keeps the "virtual device" alive. Disabling the gamepad in the device manager requires a reboot every time I want to disable or enable it back. I've even tried 3rd party device managers but they do nothing, the drivers restore the device back instantly.
It's such a pain in the ass, I don't really play any other games on my PC anymore because of it. I'm really angry at SEGA not adding yet an option to disable double-tapping, like seriously, there is no double-tapping for gamepads, why is there for keyboards? What gives?

I couldn't get it to work even without a gamepad. :-(

Chik'Tikka
Oct 23, 2012, 09:36 PM
considering how well PSO2 works with a 360 pad, and that M$ made one for PSO2 (see spoiler), i wouldn't put it past M$ to have pulled some strings to make Keyboard controls a little wonkier then other games+^_^+

[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/xbox-360.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

FOnewearl-Lina
Oct 23, 2012, 09:39 PM
considering how well PSO2 works with a 360 pad, and that M$ made one for PSO2 (see spoiler), i wouldn't put it past M$ to have pulled some strings to make Keyboard controls a little wonkier then other games+^_^+

[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/xbox-360.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

You and your crazy conspiracy theories +^_^+

jooozek
Feb 13, 2013, 04:41 AM
Necroing again because now I've upgraded my system to Windows 7 x64 and can't get it to work. The drivers are installed correctly, no other gamepad is plugged in, tried to launch vjoy as admin, didn't change anything. Where the fuck is the option to disable that doubletap dash anyway SEGA?

Zipzo
Feb 13, 2013, 05:14 AM
I'd like to know of an easy method to disable this as well. I stick to pad simply because I hate the chance of double tapping dash.

jooozek
Feb 13, 2013, 07:23 AM
Ok, changed pso2.exe compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 and it works now.