PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance: July 25, 11-17 JST

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
『PSO2』明日7/25(水)の定期メンテナンスは予定通り11:00~17:00となります。よろしくお願いいたします。定 期メンテナンス時間につきましては、プレイヤーズサイトTOP右下をご覧ください

[Regarding periodic maintenance] Maintenance is scheduled for Wednesday from 11:00 to 17:00. Thank you. Please refer to the maintenance times at the top of the player site.

inb4phantasymaintenanceoffline

Jungo Torii
Jul 24, 2012, 12:30 PM
Cool beans. Don't really care all that much, to be honest, considering where I live it'll be sleepy time.

Just hope it noticeably fixes something.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 12:30 PM
I personally think Phantasy Star Offline 2 just makes more sense as a joke.

BIG OLAF
Jul 24, 2012, 12:36 PM
This is the normal weekly maintenance. Whining about it would be stupid.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 24, 2012, 12:46 PM
This is the normal weekly maintenance. Whining about it would be stupid.

Wouldn't be a PSO-World if people don't whine about it and you and I both know that.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 24, 2012, 12:47 PM
Wouldn't be a PSO-World if people don't whine about it and you and I both know that.

Quick! Fall back to the game world! :lol:

Ce'Nedra
Jul 24, 2012, 12:51 PM
Quick! Fall back to the game world! :lol:

I can take them all on!

:wacko:

Wokker
Jul 24, 2012, 12:52 PM
So, in how many hours is the maintenece?

BIG OLAF
Jul 24, 2012, 12:56 PM
So, in how many hours is the maintenece?

It says right in the OP how long it is.

Massaki
Jul 24, 2012, 12:58 PM
> 11-17 JST
> 6 hours.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 24, 2012, 12:59 PM
Thats in JST though, i think Wokker wants to know times for other time zones.

@Wokker: Seeing your in europe it would be during nighttime/morning for us. I believe its 4am till 10 am for us, 6 hours long.

Wokker
Jul 24, 2012, 01:02 PM
Oh sorry, let me rephrase my post.
In how many hours is the maintenece? As in how much time there is before it starts from now, not how long it is.

Edit:
Nevermind, above poster answered my question. Thank you.

Nuclearranger
Jul 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
Are they adding anything new tonight? I couldn't find any information on this...

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 02:43 PM
Are they adding anything new tonight? I couldn't find any information on this...

Nothing new is being added. It's regular weekly maintenance.

Nuclearranger
Jul 24, 2012, 02:47 PM
Nothing new is being added. It's regular weekly maintenance.

Surely they must be adding something, or bug fixes, otherwise why waste the time and money to bring the servers down?

I work as a software engineer for a huge corporation and I can tell you we avoid downtime like the plague because it costs money.

KOLZ
Jul 24, 2012, 03:15 PM
Surely they must be adding something, or bug fixes, otherwise why waste the time and money to bring the servers down?

I work as a software engineer for a huge corporation and I can tell you we avoid downtime like the plague because it costs money.

Don't everybody on the forums work as that now a days? ;)

pikachief
Jul 24, 2012, 03:20 PM

they did weekly maintenance in PSU also every week even when not adding something. They always do this and always will do weekly maintenance.

Ana-Chan
Jul 24, 2012, 03:26 PM

The other maintenances were there to do emergency patches on the server. This maintenance is to do the weekly tasks. They would most likely patch non critical problems, backup server data and deal with any non critical issues at this time.

Nuclearranger
Jul 24, 2012, 03:28 PM

lol, maybe, I guess its a good career to sound like you know something.

However I actually do: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/nathan-wishard/30/671/185

A bit off topic however.

Nuclearranger
Jul 24, 2012, 03:33 PM
The other maintenances were there to do emergency patches on the server. This maintenance is to do the weekly tasks. They would most likely patch non critical problems, backup server data and deal with any non critical issues at this time.

Overall I understand this, however there are many many ways to do all of this without having any downtime... maybe i am just complaining about not getting new content.. haha

Ana-Chan
Jul 24, 2012, 03:37 PM
The backing up maybe, but not the patching of non critical issues. If it involves an executable replacement then it would require a full server restart. Also don't forget, the database backup will affect the response time of the database server, so things will end up lagging like crazy.

TheAstarion
Jul 24, 2012, 04:14 PM

It seems a lot of people took PSU's management as an example, thought "I could do better than that!" and got a degree doing just that. Except, for companies that hire intelligent, motivated members of the human race.

Not Sega of America.

Kanore
Jul 24, 2012, 04:16 PM
'software engineer for a big corporation' is not aware that a lot of MMOs have downtime for maintenance

news at 11

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2012, 04:52 PM
After maintenance people will still be getting AFK banned.

Speaking of, 4 hours until it starts... I should probably login and get the 8k exp I need to hit 35... or maybe I could just login and dance.

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 05:02 PM
After maintenance people will still be getting AFK banned.

inb4zipzo

Mystil
Jul 24, 2012, 05:10 PM
lol I just started today and already not gonna get much action.

Zorafim
Jul 24, 2012, 05:12 PM
Maintenance? Good, I was looking for an excuse to finish off Phantasy Star 2.

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 05:12 PM
lol I just started today and already not gonna get much action.

Look on the bright side: we had assloads of emergency maintenances the last couple weeks, so you could've had even less time to play.

pikachief
Jul 24, 2012, 05:13 PM
Maintenance? Good, I was looking for an excuse to finish off Phantasy Star 2.

oh hey this reminds me! Now I have an excuse to start Phantasy Star 2! (Just finished PSP2 last night since I remembered I was at chapter 7 and stopped a while back)

supersonix9
Jul 24, 2012, 05:22 PM
And.....cue the kids who whine because they have absolutely nothing else to do other than play PSO2.

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 05:22 PM
I don't mind maintenance. I have wrist problems so the forced break is great for my hands. ^^

Zorafim
Jul 24, 2012, 05:41 PM
oh hey this reminds me! Now I have an excuse to start Phantasy Star 2! (Just finished PSP2 last night since I remembered I was at chapter 7 and stopped a while back)

Hah, good luck! This is beyond the hardest RPG I've ever played.

Metalsnake27
Jul 24, 2012, 05:57 PM
I haven't been really playing a lot recently (still level 25, super close to 26) but oh well.

AlMcFly
Jul 24, 2012, 06:04 PM
These regular maintenances are just the company's weekly ping-pong tournaments. I know the truth.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 24, 2012, 06:39 PM
maintenance isn't the problem, things not being fixed with all these maintenances is the problem.

pikachief
Jul 24, 2012, 06:45 PM
Hah, good luck! This is beyond the hardest RPG I've ever played.

is it grindy? Not too big of a fan of Grindy RPG's (particularly old ones) but I don't mind too much.

Actually considering my brother's laptop is currently out of commission and its the only PC i have access to that can run this game, I have lots of time to play PS-2 and lots of other games i havent finished!

[spoiler-box]

Hit cap on at least 1 character in PSP2
The whole Half Life Series
Bastion
Amnesia
Super Meat Boy (almost done but I'm going for 100% completion and the difficulty is frustrating near the end lol)
Cave Story
Series Sam: The Second Encounter
Torchlight
Orcs Must Die!
Psychonauts
FF7 (promised my gf's sister i'd beat it even though I don't like it too much... its okay...)
Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD

and I started replaying a lot of older games I have, Paper Mario 1 & 2, Pikmin 2, Turok 2 for example.

[/spoiler-box]

And I think I'm gonna make something extra special in minecraft for my sister and her birthday :)

Mystil
Jul 24, 2012, 07:04 PM
maintenance isn't the problem, things not being fixed with all these maintenances is the problem.

Maybe because there is so many english speaking players, that some SOA employees have come over the SOJ to troll.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 24, 2012, 07:09 PM
Maybe because there is so many english speaking players, that some SOA employees have come over the SOJ to troll.

That's what it is, lol. SOJ goes out for drinks every week at this time and leaves the server in the hands of SOA members. They just have the SOA members watch the servers for six hours, then they are forced to leave as soon as SOJ comes back from a night out on the town.

Unfortunately, during this time... it means we won't have anything fixed because everything is in Japanese and they left their system in the hands of baka gaijin. Maybe they will stay home tonight.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 24, 2012, 09:02 PM
Did the maintenance started Now!?

Halcyote
Jul 24, 2012, 09:03 PM
Did the maintenance started Now!?
yes it has started; now it's time for psow players to make a bunch of self-important topics that have already been made.

kantaris
Jul 24, 2012, 09:05 PM
Well shit, as soon as I logged on and saw I made 2 million, went to collect the meseta.....waiting....waiting......... 603

:(

Hosaka
So... it has come to this.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
This maintenance caught me off guard. I was in the desert collecting the last of my data to raise my level cap... ;_; Oh wells...

Any updates coming with this maintenance?

Chacron
Jul 24, 2012, 09:06 PM
yes it has started; now it's time for psow players to make a bunch of self-important topics that have already been made.

Lack of PSO makes me cranky too.

Mikura
This maintenance caught me off guard. I was in the desert collecting the last of my data to raise my level cap... ;_; Oh wells...

Any updates coming with this maintenance?

Nope. Just routine maintenance this time.

Garnet_Moon
ffffffffFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-----

It started now?! I have been procrastinating to play ALL day, having ALL day to play, but I want to play RIGHT NOW for the exact next FIVE hours and SoJ SCREWS me over.

BRB, I'm so upset at this that I need to make a brand new topic expressing my disdain over this UNFAIR choice imposed on me because SoJ wants to screw America over.

Made you look

VonHalford
Jul 24, 2012, 09:11 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/d3XHU.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2818091&postcount=46

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 09:13 PM
...And here we go.

Lostbob117
Jul 24, 2012, 09:14 PM
Just stop for awhile and try to get back in.

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 09:16 PM
Just stop for awhile and try to get back in.

And by awhile, he means wait 6 hours before trying to log back in. :D

Lostbob117
Jul 24, 2012, 09:17 PM
By the way, when the thing of the ship isn't green or yellow and is gray that means your internet is down or maintenance.

10011408V3.9
Jul 24, 2012, 09:20 PM
Birds fly, fish swim, Scouts hurt people, Bioware writes (wrote?) good scripts, and PSO2's weekly maintenance steamrolls through American prime-time.

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 09:21 PM
By the way, when the thing of the ship isn't green or yellow and is gray that means your internet is down or maintenance.

Speaking of which...I understand what green and gray represents, but I couldn't quite figure out yellow. So...what does that mean exactly?

Lostbob117
Jul 24, 2012, 09:23 PM
Speaking of which...I understand what green and gray represents, but I couldn't quite figure out yellow. So...what does that mean exactly?

It means "Hey, this ship is pretty damn full."

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 09:24 PM
Birds fly, fish swim, Scouts hurt people, Bioware writes (wrote?) good scripts, and PSO2's weekly maintenance steamrolls through American prime-time.

Considering the majority of their players are Japanese, I can't blame them for shafting the rest of us with the time schedules. Besides, these routine maintenances will be easier to swallow when they stop having emergency maintenance like....every other day.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 24, 2012, 09:24 PM
...And here we go.

...We'll be seeing these on a weekly basis

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 09:25 PM
It means "Hey, this ship is pretty damn full."

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the info. :3

ZcRaider
Jul 24, 2012, 11:59 PM

Man.....dont. Dont open that can of beans LOL

This thread gonna blow up man....dont give em the uranium.

Squall179
Jul 25, 2012, 12:12 AM

as said of the yellow before but RED means the ship's warp core is about to blow and it is being evacuated, because someone hacked an NPC into the coolant tanks and jammed it up. Usually happens during Christmas and Kwanza, for no particularly connected reasons, just bad timing.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 12:45 AM
Well, time to play more NBA 2K12. The Knicks are 58-8 this season, don't want to let down the fans ya know...

supersonix9
Jul 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
Should we turn this into another music posting thread?

Ishutani
Jul 25, 2012, 12:49 AM
always starting maintenances just when i want to play D: now gotta go find something else to do

Limbo_lag
Jul 25, 2012, 01:10 AM
Should we turn this into another music posting thread?

Eh, sure, why not.

Instead of posting a link, may I suggest going to Youtube and searching the name "onoken"? He has a lot of really nice pieces.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxLaUYTDJrk

In honor of the Knicks' digital season this year~

_truth_
Jul 25, 2012, 01:22 AM
Ups!

That is all....