PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Tips for avoiding getting falsely banned

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 02:13 PM
Since people getting falsely banned for getting their avatar glitched out of a window and being falsely accused of hacking is becoming prevalent, I believe it may be a good time to, along with raising awareness of the issue, providing some tips to avoid being falsely banned, yourself.

-It appears that most of the false banning occurs on Ship 2. It is concentrated mostly in Block 20, but has been reported happening in other blocks as well. If you're playing on Ship 2, these tips are all the more important for you to follow.

-If you're going to be away from your keyboard for an extended period of time, the best thing to do is log out. Not only can you not get glitched and reported by logging out, but it also frees up space for other players who may wanna play.

-If you absolutely, positively have to keep your game running when you go AFK for a while, take steps to protect yourself. Set up a password-protected quest and stay on the Campship, or take refuge in your room or the room of a trusted friend. The hackers can't get to you if you're in a password-protected quest or a player room (make sure the room's privacy settings are set so only people you trust are allowed entrance).

-DO NOT dance in the lobby. Players who dance in the lobbies are the prey of choice for the hackers.

-If you're already on Ship 2, stick to the less-populated blocks. The hackers prefer to target players in the more populated blocks like Block 20.

-Don't stand in place for too long in the lobbies. Stay on the move as much as you can.

Ryo
Jul 24, 2012, 02:16 PM
Great thread, I think folks need to practice a little common sense when playing.

Also, I'd like to see a response from SEGA to some of the appeals being sent on bans.

drizzle
Jul 24, 2012, 02:19 PM
- Don't read PSOW. So far only PSOWers have been banned.

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 02:23 PM
-Don't stand in place for too long in the lobbies. Stay on the move as much as you can.

To add on to this one,

The only time you should be standing still a long time is if you're talking to the NPC at the counter or you're using the visionphone.

So it's probably better if you go to your room or SOMEONE'S room if you want to the auction house/player shops or something. and if you have a free mission unlocked. just run into the camp ship to start one and then choose a new mission from inside.

That's if you want to be EXTRA careful, I guess.

Ryoten
Jul 24, 2012, 02:34 PM
This is good. People need to read this to...how to put this...'stay alive' while online. Everyone likes to have fun during a break period from missions, hell even I do, & I do thank you for making this thread. Also, to throw my 2 cents in as well, if you're going to be gone for hours, log off for others can get into the block(s) they're trying to go to.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
Since people getting falsely banned for getting their avatar glitched out of a window and being falsely accused of hacking is becoming prevalent, I believe it may be a good time to, along with raising awareness of the issue, providing some tips to avoid being falsely banned, yourself.Stop spreading this nonsense as truth. You don't know why anyone was banned. You are a part of the problem that is not understanding the true reason why anyone is getting banned, an instrument of deflection and redirection to a mere theory that you are claiming is absolute.

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 02:42 PM
Stop spreading this nonsense as truth. You don't know why anyone was banned. You are a part of the problem that is not understanding the true reason why anyone is getting banned, an instrument of deflection and redirection to a mere theory that you are claiming is absolute.

Can you prove that this isn't happening? If not, then please be on your way, because you're not helping.

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 02:43 PM
Stop spreading this nonsense as truth. You don't know why anyone was banned. You are a part of the problem that is not understanding the true reason why anyone is getting banned, an instrument of deflection and redirection to a mere theory that you are claiming is absolute.

I'm inclined to agree. I consider the theory of lying about your address to be just as credible as this, although that's easily disprovable (And I'd like to see it looked into).

baneful
Jul 24, 2012, 02:44 PM
Calm down, jesus christ. Lmao, no need to get all angry.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 02:48 PM
Can you prove that this isn't happening? If not, then please be on your way, because you're not helping.Can you? I never claimed to be able to prove anything, I simply said nobody can prove anything.

Calm down, jesus christ. Lmao, no need to get all angry.
Your post is pointless, and just makes you look like a tool. I continue to repost this article until idiots like you start getting a clue.

http://peacefulplanetcommunication.com/2010/05/27/calm-down

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 02:51 PM
Can you? I never claimed to be able to prove anything, I simply said nobody can prove anything.

Then don't act like your claims that this shit is not happening is any more absolute than my belief that this shit is happening. I'm trying to help people, and you're acting an ass.

baneful
Jul 24, 2012, 02:51 PM
Your post is pointless, and just makes you look like a tool. I continue to repost this article until idiots like you start getting a clue.

http://peacefulplanetcommunication.com/2010/05/27/calm-down[/QUOTE]

L O L :-P Please define "tool" for me cause I'm not quite sure what it means.

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 02:52 PM
Or maybe we've known about that whole "don't tell an angry person to calm down" shtick for years and find it entertaining just how furious some people get when you tell them to stop being so gosh darn angry all the time.

I wouldn't want to give that away, though, that would ruin the fun.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 02:52 PM
L O L :-P Please define "tool" for me cause I'm not quite sure what it means.You.

Then don't act like your claims that this shit is not happening is any more absolute than my belief that this shit is happening. I'm trying to help people, and you're acting an ass.
I didn't claim bans aren't happening. They are. You're not helping anyone you're spreading ill-informed nonsense.

Or maybe we've known about that whole "don't tell an angry person to calm down" shtick for years and find it entertaining just how furious some people get when you tell them to stop being so gosh darn angry all the time.
Except you clearly didn't read the article which now makes me believe you're an illiterate.

It declares that you have no right to assume anyone is angry, no matter what their words read like, therefore telling someone to calm down is simply your method of trying to be in control of a situation you're uncomfortable in, because you don't actually have anything to say in response. Also if you're doing it for laughs, you're just invalidating any useful point you try to make anyway, and you're pretty much grounds for being classified as as troll.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 02:53 PM

This was mind opening
Although, you can't know if random people are being banned or not. It's quite literally not possible to declare it either way.

Edit: and yeah, Zipzo is so good at being trolled, it's ridiculous

doomdragon83
Jul 24, 2012, 02:57 PM

I haven't really played PSO2 much in the past few days, although it's unrelated to the nonsense currently going on. I felt like finishing up the main quest line for Skyrim and when I started over, I decided to throw in some mods and have some fun, feels good man. There's nothing like repeatedly spamming Unrelenting Force as your main attack. I also plan on getting the Cold Stream dlc for L4D2 since I didn't play the first game, gonna play with a friend later on.

PSO2 can wait until all of this hacker stuff gets settled in the mean time.

Hobbez
Can you? I never claimed to be able to prove anything, I simply said nobody can prove anything.

I have nothing to say either way on the bannings since indeed noone knows WHY anyone was banned yet. Theres no point in getting all upset over this situation until you know why it happened and what to do about it.

However, that article is the biggest piece of bleeding-heart liberal PC crap I ever wasted 7 minutes reading. It makes me angry that there is 7 minutes of my life I will never get back. But, I guess I should just calm down.

Zipzo
This was mind opening
Although, you can't know if random people are being banned or not. It's quite literally not possible to declare it either way.

Edit: and yeah, Zipzo is so good at being trolled, it's ridiculousYou don't even know what trolling means, kid.

However, that article is the biggest piece of bleeding-heart liberal PC crap I ever wasted 7 minutes reading. It makes me angry that there is 7 minutes of my life I will never get back. But, I guess I should just calm downDid I miss the part where the article had anything to do with politics? It's simple conversationalist advice...absorb it or be ignorant.

Ana-Chan
Jul 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
To add more to this thread.
To avoid being banned for a reason.
-Remember that this game is rated 15, so Japanese minors will be playing.
-Remember that explicit images depicting genetalia are illegal in Japan if it is uncensored. (Yes, I'm looking at you emergency code penetration symbol art.)
-Read these rules: http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/ they are there for a reason.
Forgot to mention.
Contracts also apply to Japan. So signing up for the PSO2 service is agreeing to a contract. They agree to do their best while you agree to abide by the rules. If they terminate your access to the service for no reason then they are the ones in the wrong. (Think, what would happen if your ISP just blocked access to you for no reason.) Yes, even though the game is F2P, it is still a service, and they are still bound to their end of the contract.

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
You.

I didn't claim bans aren't happening. They are. You're not helping anyone you're spreading ill-informed nonsense.

Except you clearly didn't read the article which now makes me believe you're an illiterate.

It declares that you have no right to assume anyone is angry, no matter what their words read like, therefore telling someone to calm down is simply your method of trying to be in control of a situation you're uncomfortable in, because you don't actually have anything to say in response. Also if you're doing it for laughs, you're just invalidating any useful point you try to make anyway, and you're pretty much grounds for being classified as as troll.

You seem pretty mad. You should calm down.

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 24, 2012, 02:59 PM
You.

You're not suited to telling people they're ill-informed.

Because everyone except Sega is ill-informed on this topic since they've released no press on it. Needed to add that.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 03:00 PM
You're not suited to telling people they're ill-informed.And you're suited to tell me I'm not?

It's not about qualification, it's a given fact, miss Neudaizian empress.

ScottyMango
Jul 24, 2012, 03:01 PM
Zipzo just loves to play devil's advocate.

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 24, 2012, 03:01 PM
And you're suited to tell me I'm not?

My standing in life has nothing to do with this!

(BTW, I didn't say I was)

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 03:05 PM
You're not suited to telling people they're ill-informed.

Because everyone except Sega is ill-informed on this topic since they've released no press on it. Needed to add that.
Since you added that, wouldn't this technically be agreeing with my post?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 24, 2012, 03:05 PM
Worst logic ever. :lol:

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 03:06 PM

Dude, srsly.

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-your-tits.png

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 24, 2012, 03:08 PM

You don't know me very well, I see.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 03:09 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/25032975/your-argument-is-invalid-false-my-argument-makes-perfect-sense-and-youre-a-vagina_large.jpg

You don't know me very well, I see.

You said everyone is ill-informed. My original post told him he was ill-informed. You're agreeing with me, essentially.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 24, 2012, 03:09 PM

You.

You don't even know what trolling means, kid.

Did I miss the part where the article had anything to do with politics? It's simple conversationalist advice...absorb it or be ignorant.

You said everyone is ill-informed. My original post told him he was ill-informed. You're agreeing with me, essentially.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20373181.jpg

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 24, 2012, 03:10 PM

I said you don't know me very well. Come on~

Ryoten
Jul 24, 2012, 03:12 PM
Yo peeps, its time...to calm down.
Seriously, its only a theory the man posted. No need to take this to another level. Everyone has their own theory on why or how people are getting ban. But to use flamethrower on people...really? Its time to grow up peeps not act like kids. Now then...*puts on my rappy suit & sunglasses* Time to party...

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 03:12 PM
So about those hacker paranoia tips... There's only really like 6 or 7 to go by or something right? Update the first post and delete+lock the rest! SHERIFF EASTWOOD COMMANDS IT!

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 24, 2012, 03:13 PM
How quickly this thread went from "helpful" to another bitchfit battle. There always has to be one person that's all "You guys are all ignorant for thinking... ABOUT STUFF!" then get's trolled back by everyone else, then the thread gets stun-locked into retardation...

Sadly, that's the only way to stop it from getting worse. Stun lock it and keep it in place.

Basically I say dumb things to make the other guys keep saying dumb things until everyone is out of dumb things to say.

moeri
Jul 24, 2012, 03:15 PM

Did the article really say something to this effect? My own interpretation of the article did not lead me to this conclusion. A person could have something to say in response, but instead is too uncomfortable to say it, so they default to this "calm down."

Yes, this is a fairly good article that could definitely serve to improve my relationship with some people, whose toes I generally step on a lot.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 03:15 PM
People don't take kindly to being disagreed with when they think the overwhelming majority is on their side. They take mob mentality and try to throw a giant anti-troll fit together. I'm used to it, but I will voice disagreement and or point out inadequacies in peoples posts. Just how I am.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 24, 2012, 03:16 PM
People don't take kindly to being disagreed with when they think the overwhelming majority is on their side. They take mob mentality and try to throw a giant anti-troll fit together. I'm used to it, but I will voice disagreement and or point out inadequacies in peoples posts. Just how I am.

Ya know, it's funny how we can share this mentality, but yet be so far apart.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 03:20 PM
Did the article really say something to this effect? My own interpretation of the article did not lead me to this conclusion. A person could have something to say in response, but instead is too uncomfortable to say it, so they default to this "calm down."

Yes, this is a fairly good article that could definitely serve to improve my relationship with some people, whose toes I generally step on a lot.
I'll point out some bits that illustrate my point a little.

...it derails the discussion and changes the focus from the discussion topic to a commentary on one participant’s emotions (or perceived emotions).
This mostly, and to a lighter degree...

Finally, it’s rarely effective, and it usually escalates a discussion or argument or ends it unhappily.This is essentially saying that telling someone to calm down is actually counter-productive to achieving that in the first place, assuming said person actually does need to calm down. It's a troll move, and it's hypocritical from there standing to try to label me as a troll as they do it. It's a self-defeating move even if your objective is to honestly calm a person down. Which in this case, it isn't. The both of them are just being idiots, even admittedly.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 03:21 PM
I like how Zipzo blew me off like a child
Haha

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 03:25 PM
playing devil's advocate.

Actually wow, I wish I remembered this term sooner. People need to stop doing that shit and just saying "you don't have enough evidence to be 100% correct even though you never said you were I'm going to act like you are and this retarded argument with no evidence on either side will stem from it!"

Also Tetsuya, racial slurs now? Like really? I already told you the google images de-motivational memes weren't funny. e_e;

BIG OLAF
Jul 24, 2012, 03:25 PM
and lock!

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 03:26 PM
i'm here to kick ass and tell zipzo to calm down

and i'm all out of kick ass

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 03:27 PM
Meh, there's already Malice' thread anyway Maybe that one will last a couple hours before people start bitching there. :/

Keiko_Seisha
Jul 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
Actually wow, I wish I remembered this term sooner. People need to stop doing that shit and just saying "you don't have enough evidence to be 100% correct even though you never said you were I'm going to act like you are and this retarded argument with no evidence on either side will stem from it!"

I wish I was better with words and not making myself look silly. Else something like this is what I would've said.

Baaaaasically.

Because everyone except Sega is ill-informed on this topic since they've released no press on it.

When I said this I was pointing out that Zipzo is pointing out something completely obvious (atleast to me anyway).

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 03:33 PM
I wish I was better with words and not making myself look silly. Else something like this is what I would've said.

Baaaaasically.

When I said this I was pointing out that Zipzo is pointing out something completely obvious (atleast to me anyway).

My god my chunk of text there looks bad. But yeah, someone should get what I mean without being a smartass about it. People needa stop that shit.

Vintasticvin
Jul 24, 2012, 03:36 PM
Aaaaaanyways back on topic before this ends up like the bikini update thread as for Zipzo and all the other forum ragers this video is for you guys and gals.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Fscuv4PIjws

Shakuri
Jul 24, 2012, 03:39 PM
This board is such a trainwreck, and I love it.

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 03:42 PM
This board is such a trainwreck, and I love it.

How am I supposed to get to 5k posts so my OCD is satisfied so I can stop posting, if all the arguments are too dumb for me to actually put a legit opinion into?? D:

You guys all suck... ;o;/

pikachief
Jul 24, 2012, 03:45 PM
I'm sure we can all agree that the cause for the bans are not 100% known. This thread is merely supplying us with help on one of the possibilities.

There's just as much of a chance that it is because of this than that it isn't. So why not take the precautions of not going AFK in case that it is this? No harm done in that, really.

Also don't post horrible things as symbol chat either. Whether you are going to be banned for it or not there is no reason to it and it's not funny. It is also against the rules. I would also appreciate it if I could play this with family and friends watching, maybe being interested in playing (sometimes my younger cousin does play) and not have to be worried about some disgusting, disturbing, and offensive images popping up during my game.

Oh and the address thing. If you think that's a possibility, don't buy AC :)

Subject Delta
Jul 24, 2012, 03:48 PM
I have one, don't play POS2.

Dan Maku
Jul 24, 2012, 03:51 PM

http://bettyandpearl.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/get-out_inline.jpg

pikachief
Jul 24, 2012, 03:51 PM

It's PSO2.

...oh, oh wait... I see what you did there.

but its fun :wacko: and people like playing fun games :wacko:

Vintasticvin
Jul 24, 2012, 03:52 PM
How am I supposed to get to 5k posts so my OCD is satisfied so I can stop posting, if all the arguments are too dumb for me to actually put a legit opinion into?? D:

You guys all suck... ;o;/

D: I dont suck Rock!

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 03:52 PM

You guys all suck... ;o;/I'm sure you'll get there on the long line of pointless neutrality woven mock-erator posts that already come out of your avatar.

When I said this I was pointing out that Zipzo is pointing out something completely obvious (atleast to me anyway).I think you're just manifesting that out of thin air so you don't look silly for just agreeing with me.

Sayara
Jul 24, 2012, 03:53 PM
Alright. That's going to be enough of this one too.