PDA

View Full Version : Playing PSO 2 in the UK

deadside^
Jul 24, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hi, i'm kind of a noobie on here, but, is there a way for me to play PSO 2 in the UK without waiting for the EU release of the game?

Is there a Demo or anything? :-?, thanks in advance!

Pointy Cat
Jul 24, 2012, 03:53 PM
Play the Japanese version.

Zari
Jul 24, 2012, 03:56 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

Ana-Chan
Jul 24, 2012, 04:04 PM
Just for you to know, I am a UK player. Like others, I am playing on the Japanese version. Just be prepared to deal with the Japanese text in game.

deadside^
Jul 24, 2012, 04:37 PM
Just for you to know, I am a UK player. Like others, I am playing on the Japanese version. Just be prepared to deal with the Japanese text in game.

Hey, thanks for replys, is the txt hard to adjust to, ie: is it unplayable, is there a way to convert the txt?

pikachief
Jul 24, 2012, 04:41 PM
if you mess around and refer to guides like bumped.org for a couple days you get used to it. Just takes a bit of patience. Not a ton, but enough for a few hours.

Macras
Jul 24, 2012, 04:41 PM
there is no translations, you just need to use the vast amount of guides available to get the menus and COs down

skuld01
Jul 24, 2012, 04:55 PM
Simply say if you cant read Japanese then you cant enjoy the game.

Solution is wait till 2013 NA release or learn Japanese, be patient or work on your own.

Zari
Jul 24, 2012, 05:00 PM

Solution is wait till 2013 NA release or learn Japanese, be patient or work on your own.

^complete bs. You can easily enjoy the game if you don't know Japanese. Just use that guide I linked you to earlier. After about a day or two you won't really need to use the guide anymore except for things like client orders.

pikachief
Jul 24, 2012, 05:10 PM

I know people who dont have any guides, they only know how to equip stuff and start a mission and they have loads of fun with this game!

skuld01
Jul 24, 2012, 05:13 PM
^complete bs. You can easily enjoy the game if you don't know Japanese. Just use that guide I linked you to earlier. After about a day or two you won't really need to use the guide anymore except for things like client orders.

You will miss a lot of content if you cant read the text, that's why Japanese game always being a bad game for those English speaking people.

Actually I think localization will mess up those parts too, that makes waiting for NA release is another bad choice.

The Guide is helpful, that I agree, in terms on helping to play the game without the risk of deleting your lvl1 character at the login screen.

pikachief
Jul 24, 2012, 05:17 PM
You will miss a lot of content if you cant read the text, that's why Japanese game always being a bad game for those English speaking people.

Actually I think localization will mess up those parts too, that makes waiting for NA release is another bad choice.

The Guide is helpful, that I agree, in terms on helping to play the game without the risk of deleting your lvl1 character at the login screen.

story is only one part of the game and not everyone needs it to have fun. I personally don't even require it for a complete experience (i usually dont care much for storylines in most games).

Only thing you'll miss by playing it in JP is what little we have of the story so far. other than that, the actual game itself (you know, the part where YOU interact and play. the gameplay i mean) is still 100% accessible without being able to read.

deadside^
Jul 24, 2012, 05:20 PM
What are CO's?

Also, when is release date for NA same as EU?

skuld01
Jul 24, 2012, 05:22 PM
What are CO's?

Also, when is release date for NA same as EU?

It seems that they will make EU having the server as NA.

DARKWINGDARA
Jul 24, 2012, 05:48 PM
100% playable without understanding a single word, because in time, it's like the game is in english regardless(obviously not, but it works similarly. you recognize and know your way around)

KEV1N
Jul 24, 2012, 05:52 PM
You'll only be missing the story which is probably shit anyway.

bloodflowers
Jul 24, 2012, 08:02 PM
You will miss a lot of content if you cant read the text

He'll miss even more content playing on regional servers ;)

Chacron
Jul 24, 2012, 08:14 PM

There's a translation guide going for the story on these boards, but even so its not necessary in order to enjoy the game. I only have an idea of whats going on story wise but the game play is what I really like most of the game.

Also, the game itself is pretty much set up similar to other MMOs, making it easy to just do certain things 'blind'. Plus you can simply ask other english speakers if you're having trouble.

Angelo
Jul 24, 2012, 08:16 PM
Honestly, just memorize katakana and you can wade your way through the game easily since a lot of the proper nouns are in English.

It can take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks to memorize.

deadside^
Jul 25, 2012, 05:23 AM
I'm gunna give it a shot, thanks for your input & help :)

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 05:28 AM
You'll only be missing the story which is probably shit anyway.

After PSU I feel like I'm being shielded by this language barrier.