PDA

View Full Version : Ranged Question

DeathByPogs
Jul 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
Alright everyone, just started a ranged class and I would like to know what's best to feed my mag, and what mag I should be shooting for as a ranged player, thanks!

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 04:48 PM
Generally, best mag is the Gradius mag, with the idea of only focusing on ranged and ability
Feeding it guns are a good way to make it a decent R-Atk / Ability split
If you want less ability, you can feed it dimates and 5* furniture (mushroom chair from room store)
If you want cool units that require ranged defense, can feed it arm units and 2* furniture (silly cushion from room store) Although it's mostly useless because being female cast / male newman, or getting 5/10 R-Def skill tree as a different race lets you use the cool units at level 40 anyway

DeathByPogs
Jul 24, 2012, 04:55 PM
Ok, another newb question. What's the difference between ability and ranged attack?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 05:00 PM
Ok, another newb question. What's the difference between ability and ranged attack?

Equipping good guns takes a lot of R-Atk, like the rifle that requires 458 or whatever
Meaning you'll need like 80 or so on your mag, without the skill tree
Ability makes it so you don't randomly do less damage, such as doing between 120 and 160, but having "enough" ability makes you do 160 every attack

DeathByPogs
Jul 24, 2012, 05:02 PM
ok, so it looks like i need to just feed this mag guns and maybe get another mag one day and experiment with other things.

Alenoir
Jul 24, 2012, 05:10 PM
You really want to look at your mag's trigger actions and it's Photon Blast if you want the best MAG possible.

Cepheus is usually THE ranger mag, but I think only Corvus's PB is based on R-ATK.

Cepheus is range > everything else 'till it changes to Fornax at Lv30, then keep it as range > everything else.
Corvus is ability > everything else 'till Antlia, and make it so your mag is range > ability when it changes at Lv100.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 05:14 PM
But the ability/ranged hybrid mag shoots Grants

Alenoir
Jul 24, 2012, 05:19 PM
But the ability/ranged hybrid mag shoots Grants

You sure you're not referring to Monoceros? (The tech mag.) I thought Corvus shoots thunder bullet. ._.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 06:14 PM
You sure you're not referring to Monoceros? (The tech mag.) I thought Corvus shoots thunder bullet. ._.

You said PB