PDA

View Full Version : Super-fast PP regen?

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2012, 07:48 PM
I was just doing some city runs and was picking up loot when I noticed a Force was spamming Rafoie infinitely. When I Rodeo Drove away, I noticed that my PP was regenerating insanely fast as well.

Is this some kind of bug/buff or was that person likely hacking?

Pickleahoy
Jul 24, 2012, 07:49 PM
Infinite PP haxxorzzz

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2012, 07:49 PM
Did you see a silver Goldfish floating around the Force, and did they have a little circle around them(and did you enter the circle)?

That's their Photon Blast. 10 seconds of infinite PP to the caster and all people within the ring. I don't think you can get the effect from an NPC who does it though... I never do... but I never notice when they do, because they do it at the dumbest possible moment when there's no need to worry about PP. lol

Xaeris
Jul 24, 2012, 07:50 PM
The Photon Blast that a Force will typically have summons a pale blue pool of light around them. Any player in it will regenerate PP insanely fast. Along with that, their mags also have a support ability that randomly (there's probably an actual trigger) flashes a dark light and ups their PP regen for several seconds.

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2012, 07:57 PM
It was a while after everyone had used Photon Blasts, they'd all finished picking up loot and left. I was around for another minute or so as I cleared storage space. The force had started Rafoieing just as the Burst and Blasts ended and was still doing it when I finished sorting and left.

The buff doesn't last that long, does it?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2012, 08:03 PM
It was a while after everyone had used Photon Blasts, they'd all finished picking up loot and left. I was around for another minute or so as I cleared storage space. The force had started Rafoieing just as the Burst and Blasts ended and was still doing it when I finished sorting and left.

The buff doesn't last that long, does it?
OK, now that is not normal...

browser
Jul 24, 2012, 08:03 PM
I've had my mag trigger like 6 times in a row whenever i hit below 40PP, It just kept going up and up.

The photon blast that i have lasts for what i feel is 8 seconds, afterwards i'm full PP again xD

UnLucky
Jul 24, 2012, 08:08 PM
Where do you get more PP regen devices?

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2012, 08:16 PM
Mine doesn't have PP regen. I've never experienced such fast PP regen and I have almost every class at 40.

I'm worried that perhaps the hacker was able to send packets to the server telling it that I was somehow buffing myself, and then they can report me and SEGA will think I'm the one doing it.

I submitted a report to SEGA in Japanese. Hopefully they'll actually read it before slamming the hammer down on me.

Chacron
Jul 24, 2012, 08:24 PM
I think you're being too quick to call someone a hacker....

Xaeris
Jul 24, 2012, 08:25 PM
You're getting way too ahead of yourself calling him a hacker.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 24, 2012, 08:31 PM
it's a bug I saw it happen at mines, the mag's PB gets "stuck" and the effect doesn't go away, so everyone around that force has the same PP regen as if the mag's PB was active. It went away when he died, so leaving area would fix it too I imagine.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2012, 08:53 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 24, 2012, 08:57 PM
Mine doesn't have PP regen. I've never experienced such fast PP regen and I have almost every class at 40.

I'm worried that perhaps the hacker was able to send packets to the server telling it that I was somehow buffing myself, and then they can report me and SEGA will think I'm the one doing it.

I submitted a report to SEGA in Japanese. Hopefully they'll actually read it before slamming the hammer down on me.

i think you're worrying too much, there's no need to defend yourself and tell Sega you're not a hacker... that just makes you even more suspicious =/ just chill and be like all the other normal players.

Besides, from what I can gather, PP is handled client-side, so the server probably doesn't even check or even know whether your PP is depleting or not.

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2012, 09:05 PM
I wrote "the hacker" purely as reference to them. At this point I don't know if they were actually hacking or not, but the circumstances are suspicious.

I wrote to SEGA what happened, providing the time and place, expressing my concerns that it was strange, and asked them if it was some kind of hacking. I didn't flat out accuse the person of hacking.

I'm sure a lot of people are sending concerned reports when they notice anything strange. If they're really banning people over these reports, then I think it's better I present my case before I lose the chance to. It'd be stranger if I didn't say anything. I've known of other games where they ban anyone who may have taken advantage of exploits, whether they intended to or not. I'm trying to avoid that occuring to me here by letting them know I did nothing.

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 09:08 PM
I wrote "the hacker" purely as reference to them. At this point I don't know if they were actually hacking or not, but the circumstances are suspicious.

I wrote to SEGA what happened, providing the time and place, expressing my concerns that it was strange, and asked them if it was some kind of hacking. I didn't flat out accuse the person of hacking.

I'm sure a lot of people are sending concerned reports when they notice anything strange. If they're really banning people over these reports, then I think it's better I present my case before I lose the chance to. It'd be stranger if I didn't say anything. I've known of other games where they ban anyone who may have taken advantage of exploits, whether they intended to or not. I'm trying to avoid that occuring to me here by letting them know I did nothing.

Are you serious? Wow, I hope I am never in a party with you, because if I'm spamming techs you're going to end up reporting me.

Elmera
Jul 24, 2012, 09:08 PM
I think there are some new mag PP restore abilities that can give you basically infinite mana for a long time. If I get a photon blast and right after that my mag used it's pp regen ability I have infinite mana for almost over a minute

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2012, 09:11 PM
My mag only has full HP abilities because those are all I ever get from scratches. Seems like I'm missing the fun of a fully loaded PP mag... :(

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2012, 09:16 PM
@SugarFO
Please don't jump to conclusions and accuse me of reporting people unreasonably. I don't think I made this clear, but they were spamming Rafoie for around 2 minutes with no enemies around and no players around. Just me. If a person gets a PP buff, wouldn't they normally want to use it in combat instead of idling around a single person spamming it endlessly?

As far as I could tell, they never had to stop to regenerate. I have a Force at 40, I know how they play. And the only reason I became concerned was because I somehow received the regeneration too, without doing anything. It's not just a matter of someone spamming techs. I asked my party member who had left and walked elsewhere on the same map after the Burst was over, and they did not receive the regeneration.

Also, I don't have pics or videos, but I wouldn't even bother mentioning it on here if it didn't actually happen. I wanted to ask the community here for information because I'm not confident I know everything about the game.

I find it saddening that people are so quick to accuse others of unreasonable or illogical. If I was the kind of person that some people seem to be suggesting I am, I would have simply reported the person and not even posted about it here. Unlike some others, I don't treat everyone like they're "guilty until proven innocent". My apologies if the specific words I used implied that I do, as I rushed these messages and am also fatigued. My concern for posting about this was based on several unusual factors. It wasn't simply a matter of "reporting someone for spamming techs". I think anyone in my situation would have been suspicious.

Were it not for the combination of multiple strange factors, I wouldn't have thought it was anything serious. I'm also quite experienced in game-related matters, so I believe that my concern over these factors is not unwarranted. I'm not "fear-mongering" or "finger-pointing", despite how my posts may have seemed. I'm merely concerned about being undeservedly dragged into the supposed on-going ban waves, and would like to know what to watch out for. I'm sure everyone agrees that being inconvenienced by malicious players is unnecessary frustration for anyone who simply wants to enjoy the game in peace.

Edit: Clarified that my party member went elsewhere but stayed in the same area and added two paragraphs.

Lostbob117
Jul 24, 2012, 09:19 PM
It was a bug, no more reasoning to post on this thread.

So, a mod would want to lock this so it doesn't last up here.

Amaranthus
Jul 24, 2012, 09:42 PM
@SugarFO
Please don't jump to conclusions and accuse me of reporting people unreasonably. I don't think I made this clear, but they were spamming Rafoie for around 2 minutes with no enemies around and no players around. Just me. If a person gets a PP buff, wouldn't they normally want to use it in combat instead of idling around a single person spamming it endlessly?

As far as I could tell, they never had to stop to regenerate. I have a Force at 40, I know how they play. And the only reason I became concerned was because I somehow received the regeneration too, without doing anything. It's not just a matter of someone spamming techs. I asked my party member who had left and walked elsewhere on the same map after the Burst was over, and they did not receive the regeneration.

Also, I don't have pics or videos, but I wouldn't even bother mentioning it on here if it didn't actually happen. I wanted to ask the community here for information because I'm not confident I know everything about the game.

Edit: Clarified that my party member went elsewhere but stayed in the same area.

So you're saying they're spamming tech without a target and you receive the PP regen yourself without doing anything and minding your inventory... How would you know if you're not using any PP that you actually had the buff? Sounds to me that you just lagged or something.

TaigaUC
Jul 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
If you read the first post, I said when I finished the inventory sorting, I used Rodeo Drive (sorry if I wasn't clear - it's a skill) to get back to the action and noticed my PP was regenerating very quickly. To be honest, your suggestion seems very strange to me. I wouldn't have noticed the regeneration if I didn't use a skill, and hence would not have posted about it, would I? And I know what happens in lag, I was there when the servers were straining. It's not the same thing.

Anyway, it has been established that this was likely a bug. Please lock this topic.
I appreciate all the helpful and informative posts that were made in this topic. Thank you.

luca_maygrinn
Jul 24, 2012, 10:58 PM
Or it could be someone wanting to get a specific action pose to screenshot and repeatedly does said actions and screenshots for better choices to sort out later?

I know I'd do the same thing if I want a kick-ass action pose for my screenshots.

Laskiee
Jul 24, 2012, 11:27 PM
Well, sometimes the Photon blast from the Fish gets glitched out, seems easier to glitch out the more people there are to Pb with. thus resulting in infinite Pp until you go to camp ship. it happens to the best of us :(

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 12:00 AM
Well, sometimes the Photon blast from the Fish gets glitched out, seems easier to glitch out the more people there are to Pb with. thus resulting in infinite Pp until you go to camp ship. it happens to the best of us :(

Well, it is possible that such a strange PB would glitch and break if there was a 5+ chain
Since they probably only test for 2 to 4 chains