PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Are there any other girls who play PSO2?

Pages : [1] 2

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 09:40 PM
I like all my friends but they are all guys. And sometimes it's awkward like on voice chat or whatever, I don't ever really know what to say cuz most of their topics I don't know anything about lol.

So are there any girls here who play PSO2? And no it doesn't count if you are a guy and just made a girl character in-game lol. I feel like the majority of players are guys. :/

Angelo
Jul 24, 2012, 09:40 PM
I don't see this thread ending well...

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 24, 2012, 09:41 PM
Arika used to be a girl...

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 09:41 PM

Lol why? You are my friend but I'm just asking haha

EvilMag
Jul 24, 2012, 09:42 PM
What if most of the girls who play PSO2 play guy characters?

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 09:43 PM
What if most of the girls who play PSO2 play guy characters?

Then they should post ITT so we can be frans ^^

Blastifyys
Lol why? You are my friend but I'm just asking haha
are you princess?

Xaeris
I know a couple, aside from you. I don't know if they'd want me "outing" them though.

Amoramora
Jul 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
I thought a lot of girls played PSO. o_o

Are we really a minority? D:

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
I know a couple, aside from you. I don't know if they'd want me "outing" them though.

OMG is that why I don't know any? They're hiding from the guys? Aww that's awful ._.

Lostbob117
Jul 24, 2012, 09:45 PM
No everyone but, you are guys.

Hosaka
Jul 24, 2012, 09:45 PM
Sorry if we were talking about anything weird on Skype, Star. D:

LK1721
Jul 24, 2012, 09:46 PM
*raises hand*

I am, but I personally haven't had that many problems making conversation with the guys playing this game. Then again, I don't use voice chat, and they all probably think I am a guy anyway.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 24, 2012, 09:46 PM
OMG is that why I don't know any? They're hiding from the guys? Aww that's awful ._.

Somehow I'm.....not surprised by this. T_T

Edit: Sorry for coming into this thread with something irrelevant. ^^;

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 09:47 PM
Sorry if we were talking about anything weird on Skype, Star. D:

No that's not why I posted I just noticed from different groups of "guy groups" in PSO2 that in voice chat or w/e I never really know what to say. It'd be nice to have girls to talk to too!

10011408V3.9
Jul 24, 2012, 09:48 PM
Somehow I'm.....not surprised by this. T_T

Edit: Sorry for coming into this thread with something irrelevant. ^^;

Yeah, it's sad but that's the internet standard. I know at least one but I'm not sure if I have permission to do something like that from her either.

Amaranthus
Jul 24, 2012, 09:49 PM
Yea, I find it awkward to chat when they're mostly guys around.

I also thought the majority were female players? Males being the only gamers are so yesterday.

Ragnarok_
Jul 24, 2012, 09:50 PM
People use voice chat?

wut

I'm not entirely surprised that the ladies play PSO2, just surprised that people are on voice comms for PSO2.

Garnet_Moon
Sakura427 has entered the game
Sakura427: *voice chat*Um... hi guys. I'm sorry if I'm a little bad... I just got the game...
Entire server: HOLY SHIT! A BABE!
Entire server has switched to this team.
Entire server constantly asking if she's ok.
Garnet_Moon: Horny virgins, all of you.
Garnet_Moon has switched to the other team.
Garnet_Moon has slain Sakura427 with the toilet.
Garnet_Moon has been kicked from the server.
Garnet_Moon has been banned from the server.

Cyron Tanryoku
Hi, I'm the new girl

sugarFO

I also thought the majority were female players? Males being the only gamers are so yesterday.

Girls are the majority? What the hell! We need a girl team for sure now!

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 24, 2012, 09:51 PM
3 or 4 in my guild. idk how often they frequent psow though.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 24, 2012, 09:51 PM
Girls are the majority? What the hell! We need a girl team for sure now!

I techniqually already have a girl team.
Except one dude is included

Xaeris
Jul 24, 2012, 09:52 PM

Eh, that's only true when you count stuff like Farmville. Control for "real" games (for lack of motivation to think of a better term) and males are still quite dominant.

Hosaka
Garnet_Moon has slain Sakura427 with the toilet.

What... game is this? o_O

sugarFO
I techniqually already have a girl team.
Except one dude is included

Ohh wow is it a nice team? What ship are you on?

Shakuri
Jul 24, 2012, 09:53 PM
G.I.R.L's are the majority? What the hell! We need a girl team for sure now!

As cliche as it was, ftfy.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2012, 09:53 PM
What... game is this? o_O
Gravgun + multiplayer = flying toilets everywhere

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 09:54 PM
Being a girl on the internet is tough business. Profiles have to be kept low. Because once your cover is blown, men will converge on you as if you just stirred up a hornets nest. "CAN WE BE FRIENDS? I'LL GIB YOU RAREZ. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE ME, I'M SO RONERY. *cries*"

Btw, I'm a guy. And yes, I'm making fun of our own gender.

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 09:54 PM

Some of the "girls" on "any" MMO are usually guys, so I try to avoid as many "female" avis as possible.. Err, I maybe lying somewhat but still, there ya have it, too many men w/ chick avis.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2012, 09:55 PM
Don't let voice fool you, either. Voice changing software is pretty darn good at fooling everybody.

Also don't let meeting them in person fool you either. Just wait until the pants come off.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
Being a girl on the internet is tough business. Profiles have to be kept low. Because once your cover is blown, men will converge on you as if you just stirred up a hornets nest. "CAN WE BE FRIENDS? I'LL GIB YOU RAREZ. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE ME, I'M SO RONERY. *cries*"

if the shoe fits.

CelestialBlade
Jul 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
So are there any girls here who play PSO2?
Hi.

Trust me, there's plenty of us, but most of us lay low. There's a lot of reasons for that and they're all pretty sad, but that's how it be.

Angelo
Jul 24, 2012, 09:57 PM
are you princess?

Hah, I just caught all that Princess vs Princess drama before maintenance

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 09:57 PM
Don't let voice fool you, either. Voice changing software is pretty darn good at fooling everybody.

Also don't let meeting them in person fool you either. Just wait until the pants come off.

I'd rather not take my chances, might as well be foreveralone on the internet o.o

Amaranthus
Jul 24, 2012, 09:58 PM
Eh, that's only true when you count stuff like Farmville. Control for "real" games (for lack of motivation to think of a better term) and males are still quite dominant.

I lol'd. Can't argue with this, even though I don't play FB games.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 24, 2012, 09:58 PM
Ohh wow is it a nice team?
Not really, one girl stopped playing and the other...doesn't seem to like anyone except me.

Totori
Jul 24, 2012, 10:01 PM
Yes, it's much better to stay known as a normal player. If you been around on PSU, you'll know what I mean, some people can be creeps.

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 10:02 PM

I'm not like intimidated by guys or anything. But I do feel more comfortable talking to other girls. I guess it's just my culture lol

Xaeris
Jul 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
I lol'd. Can't argue with this, even though I don't play FB games.

Indeed. Nothing is quite as heart crushing as this exchange which happens too freaking much:

Girl: Oh, I love video games!

Me: :D What do you play?

Girl: I'm addicted to Farmville! And I have Bejeweled on my phone!

Me: :/

Shakuri
Jul 24, 2012, 10:03 PM
Meh, the internet should be treated gender neutrally. That's why I call everyone "it" instead of he/she. Sometimes I do slip up though. And of course some people are offended by being referred to as "it". I certainly am not though.

ZcRaider
Jul 24, 2012, 10:04 PM
Gravgun + multiplayer = flying toilets everywhere

What? A lady that plays Half-Life 2 Mulitplayer :-o

Heeeeey...... Garnet Wazzup.... ya errrm sry about that scuffle with the ball -0- hate thing...

Ya...so like how ya been?

LOL.......Im so gonna burn.......:twak:

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 10:05 PM
Meh, the internet should be treated gender neutrally. That's why I call everyone "it" instead of he/she. Sometimes I do slip up though. And of course some people are offended by being referred to as "it". I certainly am not though.

That is amazing that someone follows my rules of the internet.. Not really though but kudos

LK1721
Jul 24, 2012, 10:06 PM
I always go with "They" or "Them" instead of "It", people don't really get bothered by that.

CelestialBlade
Jul 24, 2012, 10:06 PM
You're all just 1s and 0s to me!

Some sexier than others.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 24, 2012, 10:07 PM
Indeed. Nothing is quite as heart crushing as this exchange which happens too freaking much:

I know EXACTLY what you mean. It sucks.

[SPOILER-BOX]

Heeeeey...... Garnet Wazzup.... ya errrm sry about that scuffle with the ball -0- hate thing...

LOL.......Im so gonna burn.......:twak:[/SPOILER-BOX]

PSSST, not sure if Garnet is a girl or not. tread lightly. D:

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 10:07 PM
You're all just 1s and 0s to me!

Some sexier than others.

um, what..?

Enforcer MKV
Jul 24, 2012, 10:08 PM
um, what..?

our characters. Our characters in game?

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 10:09 PM
our characters. Our characters in game?

I got that part just, what though.

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 10:10 PM
I know EXACTLY what you mean. It sucks.

[SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

PSSST, not sure if Garnet is a girl or not. tread lightly. D:

Yeah but this attitude is what puts me off trying to socialize with a bunch of guys from the game. It's a little condescending.

Xaeris
Jul 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
I don't understand (no lie). Why do you feel it's condescending?

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 10:14 PM

LOL.......Im so gonna burn.......:twak:

Not sure, but I'm fairly certain Garnet is a man.

....And this is why girls can't come out in public on the internet.

Shakuri
Jul 24, 2012, 10:15 PM
It really shouldn't be that big of a deal, you'd be having a much better time socializing if you weren't worried about if the avatar in front of your avatar is a guy or a girl in real life. Gender is irrelevant online.

I really don't understand this at all.

RocSage
Jul 24, 2012, 10:16 PM
It's nice to know that the "won't end well" will probably start with this comment;

I don't very well like how if I said something like "Are there any white guys around? I don't have a problem talking to black guys, but I just prefer white guys, because black guys never talk about things I can talk about" I would be incredibly racist, but it is perfectly ok in the case of gender... And then I think, wait. That's not true because if I, as a guy said that, I would be considered sexist, so it's only ok in the case of being a woman.

That being said...
SugarFO all you need to do in chat is talk about something that interests you or educate yourself on those things that they are talking about. A very good way and serves to get you involved in the conversation is to ask questions... ie take interest.

Also, Seority comes on the mumble chat so you could always talk to her.

youcantcatchtheblue
What. 90% of PSO2 players are girls.

:rolleyes:

Angelo

Nothing wrong with Farmville and Bejeweled.

To be honest I think guys need to stop putting 'hardcore' female gamers on a pedestal.

As for RocSage's comments, I agree. The west is oversensitive and we love our agenda-propagated double standards. Can you imagine the shitstorm that would occur if someone wanted to create a 'Boys Only' team?

CelestialBlade
Jul 24, 2012, 10:17 PM
It really shouldn't be that big of a deal, you'd be having a much better time socializing if you weren't worried about if the avatar in front of your avatar is a guy or a girl in real life. Gender is irrelevant online.

I really don't understand this at all.
There's definitely that too. Until I know otherwise (or they're making it blatantly obvious) I generally regard people as gender-neutral. Just like race or other status there's no real point to knowing, and that's also the beauty of the internet--I have the option of keeping my sex/race/beliefs/etc to myself and my words can be judged free of those biases.

Granted, it's nice to have some females around when I just want more estrogen in my life, but you're definitely right otherwise. The internet can be a nice escape from patriarchal society sometimes.

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 10:18 PM
It shouldn't be a matter, not like you'd take the time to actually go see these people in rl. The games to enjoy the multiplayer experience right?

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 10:19 PM
What. 90% of PSO2 players are G.I.R.Ls

:rolleyes:

You're absolutely right.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 24, 2012, 10:21 PM

I'm going to wait for an explanation myself as well before I comment. I'd like to see her perspective on things. But yeah, I'm a bit confused as well. Please explain?

ZcRaider
Jul 24, 2012, 10:21 PM
Aeeeeyyy! There peps! LOL

Just trying to lightin up this post haha. Peoples so darn serious now a days. Cant take a joke LOL.

Finish HIM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbeXI45wNyQ

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

FATALITY!!!!

Zyrusticae
Jul 24, 2012, 10:23 PM
It's nice to know that the "won't end well" will probably start with this comment;

I don't very well like how if I said something like "Are there any white guys around? I don't have a problem talking to black guys, but I just prefer white guys, because black guys never talk about things I can talk about" I would be incredibly racist, but it is perfectly ok in the case of gender... And then I think, wait. That's not true because if I, as a guy said that, I would be considered sexist, so it's only ok in the case of being a woman.

lol

No seriously, lol'd at this. Because it's hilariously (and sadly) true.

Also, the following advice about getting involved in conversation is pretty good, too.

Keyblade59
Jul 24, 2012, 10:23 PM
I truely don't care if you a guy playing a girl or vice versa. I don't plan on flirting and if I do get in a situation where I must refer to them I will refer to them on the gender of their class.

Easy as that, but because of everyone being a girl that is why recently release girl outfits are 800k and male are no higher than 200k

Rika-chan
Jul 24, 2012, 10:24 PM
I'm a girl IRL. I have 3 older brothers, so I'm pretty tomboyish, I guess :P

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 10:25 PM
I'm a girl IRL. I have 3 older brothers, so I'm pretty tomboyish, I guess :P

Uh, that's not what makes you tomboyish o.o

Xaeris
Jul 24, 2012, 10:26 PM
This is gonna be one of those nights...

To be honest I think guys need to stop putting 'hardcore' female gamers on a pedestal.

As for RocSage's comments, I agree. The west is oversensitive and we love our agenda-propagated double standards. Can you imagine the shitstorm that would occur if someone wanted to create a 'Boys Only' team?

It's not that there's anything wrong with Farmville or Bejeweled. ...Well, there's plenty wrong with Farmville as a game, but that's beside the point. The point is that a person who states their love for video games based on an interest in those two games is someone with whom I'm very unlikely to be able to have a conversation about the merits of Day 1 DLC, or speculate how much longer Nintendo can tread water, or any number of things you require more than a passing interest in video games to understand.

See, it's not about the games, but it's about me getting my hopes up about having found a fellow gaming enthusiast of the opposite gender, and having them dashed.

ExHumor
Jul 24, 2012, 10:28 PM
It shouldn't be a matter, not like you'd take the time to actually go see these people in rl. The games to enjoy the multiplayer experience right?

That's not really true, I met one of my girlfriends online, and went and saw her in real life. Of course, as one would imagine the money, and distance issues play a large role into the whole "online", and "Let's meet in person" kind of relationship. Something I've wanted to do ever since I was like 16, and ended up doing it at the age of 21, so did it work out well? Sorta kinda, but not really, however, it was quite an amazing experience in the end.... Some of you will get what that means....

But honestly, I play PSO2 with quite a few females and use Ventrillo often. If you wanna know some of em, hang out at Ship 6, I'll give you one of their names "Raiiel" if you cared to know. She's a pretty interesting person. Though, I've known her for 2 years now, moving around from game to game. I'm sure she'd be glad to play with you though. Of course, she's one of those "Silent" Types even through Vent, it's a bit irritating.

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 10:28 PM
This is gonna be one of those nights...

It's not that there's anything wrong with Farmville or Bejeweled. ...Well, there's plenty wrong with Farmville as a game, but that's beside the point. The point is that a person who states their love for video games based on an interest in those two games is someone with whom I'm very unlikely to be able to have a conversation about the merits of Day 1 DLC, or speculate how much longer Nintendo can tread water, or any number of things you require more than a passing interest in video games to understand.

See, it's not about the games, but it's about me getting my hopes up about having found a fellow gaming enthusiast of the opposite gender, and having them dashed.

I feel like even though I know about and have played some games, like the Final Fantasies, PSO, some other titles... it's like it's not enough when talking to game enthusiasts like yourself. That's why it can feel a little condescending, because when I have to keep saying "I never played that/never heard of it" their tone is like "-_-" then silence lol.

ZcRaider
Jul 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
ahhh hell....someone call da Fire Truck.

LOL whenever we have maintences people break out da:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/ZcRaider/SUPERBIGBOOM.jpg

Exit....stage left...

Zyrusticae
Jul 24, 2012, 10:32 PM
Really, though, gender shouldn't be a big deal anyways. I've gamed with parents and single moms before just fine, so not only was there the gender gap but there was a generational gap, too! You just have to take the effort to get involved in the conversation if you don't know what they're talking about, rather than just staying quiet because... well, I would guess it is an irrational fear or something. Either way, the gender gap should not be difficult to bridge unless you're dealing with horny teenagers, in which case it's hard no matter what you are (seriously, horny teenagers are the worst - I recommend avoiding them at all costs).

*ahem*

So... yeah. That's fairly simple, yeah? Yeah.

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 10:33 PM
I feel like even though I know about and have played some games, like the Final Fantasies, PSO, some other titles... it's like it's not enough when talking to game enthusiasts like yourself. That's why it can feel a little condescending, because when I have to keep saying "I never played that/never heard of it" their tone is like "-_-" then silence lol.

I think that's more because you're just not into the same games as them, and they just don't know how to proceed.

edit: christ I take the time to make one post and two more get in before me

Zyrusticae
Jul 24, 2012, 10:34 PM
I think that's more because you're just not into the same games as them, and they just don't know how to proceed.

Oh! I guess it's like that, then. Yeah, in that case there's a gap of interest, and that can be kind of hard to bridge. I guess you could try looking up what they're talking about?

I'm afraid I don't really know what it's like to be in that position, since I've played almost everything out there at some point...

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 10:34 PM

Hardcore gaming enthusiasts can be a tough bunch to socialize with sometimes. Trust me, been there before. That's why usually if I'm talking with someone about a game I know they haven't played, I describe it to them and recommend they play it if I feel it's the type of game they'd be interested in to begin with.

Plus, there's nothing wrong with...you know...talking about stuff other than video games all the damn time. You'd be surprised how well you can get along with people if you have an open mind.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 24, 2012, 10:35 PM

That's just because we're more hardcore about it. That has nothing to do with gender. I just want to talk to people about games. @_@

Er: I say that, but I'm not gonna be mad if someone doesn't play the same things I do. I'm not like that. ^^;

Zyrusticae
Jul 24, 2012, 10:36 PM
Plus, there's nothing wrong with...you know...talking about stuff other than video games all the damn time. You'd be surprised how well you can get along with people if you have an open mind.
Bolded part + forum title = :shy:

Amaranthus

Glad you asked. Since most of the guys tend to joke around and label themselves as "close-minded" by expressing derogatory stuff about people claiming they are girls (and they don't deny this. XD ). In response, the real girls shy towards them since nothing they say can make the guys think they ARE girls, Lol. I don't blame them though.

Regardless of this, I'm on the neutral side and peacefully enjoying the internet and gaming, ow yea.

UnLucky
I knew a girl who remade a male character cause she kept getting harassed and hit on as a girl avatar.

Kinda funny cause I played a female character and got hit on with her around. Jokes on you, creeps!

Xaeris

It's not really condescension. That's just the normal silence that usually occurs when a conversation topic flops. It's not like I'm thinking, "lol, what a nub" so much as "damn, I need to think of something else to ask her about."

And to clarify before it comes up, that scenario I drew up was in regards to my real life interactions with women.

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 10:38 PM
I knew a girl who remade a male character cause she kept getting harassed and hit on as a girl avatar.

Kinda funny cause I played a female character and got hit on with her around. Jokes on you, creeps!

Lol I never get hit on like that in all my years of playing games. o.o

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 10:39 PM
Oh man I've gotten some lewd whispers on female characters, and the silence after I say "I'm a guy bro" is hysterical.

UnLucky
Jul 24, 2012, 10:40 PM
Hey what's your name?

Be my girlfriend

<3<3<3<3

Blackheart521

Meh, I get that way too even being a guy, I haven't played a lot of the old popular games like Chrono Trigger and FF7, never played Persona, and when people hear me say that I've never played them they are like...WTF that's unacceptable. At that point I just tell them what my favorite games are and try to find a common ground. everyone has a different experience as a gamer regardless of gender. ^^;

Jakosifer
Fortunately the one time I played a female character I used the same name as my male character, and everyone just asked me why I was crossdressing.

Polly
Jul 24, 2012, 10:41 PM
I'm a Polly! ;D

LK1721
Oh man I've gotten some lewd whispers on female characters, and the silence after I say "I'm a guy bro" is hysterical.
Sometimes I say that to watch them squirm. It IS hilarious.

Zyrusticae
Yeah, I've never got that either. I hear about it all the time and it makes me wonder "just wtf are these people doing to get hit on like that?"

ZcRaider
Jul 24, 2012, 10:42 PM
*Gets Enforce MKV a cold towel and a bottle of Gatorade....

"Your doing good buddy! :-)"

*then runs for his life......

*EDIT: Sig fixed... =p

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hey what's your name?

Be my girlfriend

<3<3<3<3

If this serious, i shall be laughin my guts outs

Retehi
Jul 24, 2012, 10:43 PM
I'm a girl.

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I've never got that either. I hear about it all the time and it makes me wonder "just wtf are these people doing to get hit on like that?"

LOL I have nooo idea. o.o

EvilMag
Jul 24, 2012, 10:45 PM
Reminds me of that one comic where it shows a Gallade killing a nerd that was sexually harassing a Gardevoir. After he killed him, the Gardevoir revealed that he was a guy.

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 10:45 PM

I think a lot of that has to do with how your avatar looks and how you conduct yourself online. Also your situation. You've probably been lucky and haven't run across the type of guys that would hit on you. Or you tend to play with close friends you already know, so you never get the opportunity to meet anyone else that would hit on you.

I'm only pointing this out because we had some girls in my Linkshell (guild) in FFXI and some would get picked on pretty often, where others would be left completely alone. And I hate to say this, but the ones that got picked on usually were asking for it. Not saying it's like that with every girl that gets harassed, but that's how it tends to be from my observations.

UnLucky
Jul 24, 2012, 10:47 PM
I'm a Kirlia

EvilMag
Jul 24, 2012, 10:47 PM
I'm a Kirlia

No you're a skitty. Now get the fuck in the daycare with my Wailord.

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 10:48 PM
No you're a skitty. Now get the fuck in the daycare with my Wailord.

Why did I find that so funny?

Angelo

That's because most guys tend to make tasteless titty-monsters which attract like-minded guys.

Kind of a funny thing to witness.

Enforcer MKV
*Gets Enforce MKV a cold towel and a bottle of Gatorade....

"Your doing good buddy! :-)"

*then runs for his life......

*EDIT: DID SOMEBODY REALLY JUST EDIT MY SIG CUZ IT WAS TOO BIG!!! Somebody really reported me for that? Gee i wonder why....
WOW people are freaking bloody tonight! Looks like I got me a sig to fix!

Cheers, mate! :-)

Laguna
Jul 24, 2012, 10:49 PM
cough

I just wish more younger people would play this game... and as in younger, I mean 15-18. LOL

Everyone I befriend on here is either over 21 or in there 30s. I just find it very awkward to be gaming with older people than me... it's like playing video games with my dad or something.

Polly
Jul 24, 2012, 10:50 PM
Sometimes I say that to watch them squirm. It IS hilarious.

I like telling them I'm only one surgery away from being a real girl, "so it still counts, teehee."

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 10:51 PM
I like telling them I'm only one surgery away from being a real girl, "so it still counts, teehee."

Oh, oh wow, I'm using that next time.

LK1721
Jul 24, 2012, 10:51 PM
LOL, MY GOD, even better.

Zyrusticae
Jul 24, 2012, 10:52 PM
cough

I just wish more younger people would play this game... and as in younger, I mean 15-18. LOL

Everyone I befriend on here is either over 21 or in there 30s. I just find it very awkward to be gaming with older people than me... it's like playing video games with my dad or something.
But wouldn't that be awesome?!

I mean... I guess it's not so cool if your dad's not really the kind of guy you want to hang out with, but I think having parents that game is pretty nifty. I know a couple that game together. I really rather envy their kids, they get to inherit some pretty badass PCs...

Angelo
Jul 24, 2012, 10:52 PM
cough

The 'die-hard' PSO community make up the majority of English players on the JP servers. You have to have to be fairly dedicated to the franchise to be in the 'know' and dive into a game where you can't really understand the text and majority of players. The PSO community are generally PSO and PSU veterans who are in their mid 20s to 30s.

Once the game comes to the US I'm sure the demographic will be skewed towards the 14-20 crowd.

Plus, I usually enjoy playing with younger players since I have some kinda mentor complex or something. I love showing newbies the ropes and taking them under my wing.

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 10:53 PM
cough

Awww hun I understand that situation! You're right lots of older people here now. It's just nice to talk to people that are like you sometimes. ^^

MelancholyWitch
Jul 24, 2012, 10:53 PM
Strange though that I get more guys who say they are too shy to come talk on teamspeak than girls, not sure what it is, but there's a few I talk to on here, if you're interested you should join up on the teamspeak 3 server I've got set up for PSO2, we're friendly and nice on there it doesn't matter what sex you are as long as you enjoy PSO like we do. Idk why this thread even matters I enjoy playing with both sex's as long as they are nice/polite & have a love for PSO like I do, I remember in PSO ep 1&2 stuff like this never mattered at all I was probably playing mostly with girls and didn't realize it, but now that we have the ability to use voice chat programs I think the community should get closer with these I'm more than happy to post my Teamspeak 3 ip info on this thread once I get home.

EvilMag
Jul 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
Strange though that I get more guys who say they are too shy to come talk on teamspeak than girls, not sure what it is, but there's a few I talk to on here, if you're interested you should join up on the teamspeak 3 server I've got set up for PSO2, we're friendly and nice on there it doesn't matter what sex you are as long as you enjoy PSO like we do. Idk why this thread even matters I enjoy playing with both sex's as long as they are nice/polite & have a love for PSO like I do, I remember in PSO ep 1&2 stuff like this never mattered at all I was probably playing mostly with girls and didn't realize it, but now that we have the ability to use voice chat programs I think the community should get closer with these I'm more than happy to post my Teamspeak 3 ip info on this thread once I get home.

Go for it.

Polly
Jul 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
But wouldn't that be awesome?!

I mean... I guess it's not so cool if your dad's not really the kind of guy you want to hang out with, but I think having parents that game is pretty nifty. I know a couple that game together. I really rather envy their kids, they get to inherit some pretty badass PCs...

I grew up playing games with my dad. Hell, one of my fondest memories was coming home from school one day and he showed me the first warp zone in Super Mario Bros. 1.

LK1721
Jul 24, 2012, 10:55 PM
I grew up playing games with my dad. Hell, one of my fondest memories was coming home from school one day and he showed me the first warp zone in Super Mario Bros. 1.

I grew up gaming with both of my parents (even if they're both terrible at videogames). I still play PSOGC with my parents on the weekends!

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 10:55 PM
My father used to make me play RE: Code Veronica in the basement.. Good times.. Sometimes, not all the time.

Zeota
Jul 24, 2012, 10:57 PM

Yup. It's like when a member of a minority preaches pride and solidarity within their group, they are (usually) praised. However when a member of a majority does the same, they are often told to "STFU".... and that's usually one of the nicer things that happens.

I do agree that a person's internal plumbing/brain chemistry shouldn't matter.

Polly
Jul 24, 2012, 10:57 PM
I grew up gaming with both of my parents (even if they're both terrible). I still play PSOGC with my parents on the weekends!

That is rad as hell.

About 4-5 years ago, I even bought my dad a DS because he'd confiscated mine once he got hold of my copy of New Super Mario Bros.

(I BOUGHT HIM A PINK ONE OF COURSE, THE MANLIEST OF COLORS!)

Laguna
Jul 24, 2012, 10:58 PM
I wonder if I'm gonna be a good... video-gaming parent... uh, probably not. LOL

Shakuri
Jul 24, 2012, 10:59 PM
Awww hun I understand that situation! You're right lots of older people here now. It's just nice to talk to people that are like you sometimes. ^^

See, what about those of us who have no one even close to being similar to us? WHAT THEN HUH? WE'VE GOT NO ONE BUT OURSELVES IN THIS TWISTED GAME.

Zyrusticae
Wow.

I am SO unbelievably jealous of you guys right now.

(But my PC is still probably better than all of y'all's, so nyeeeh! :p)

Metaru
I wonder if I'm gonna be a good... video-gaming parent... uh, probably not. LOL

Dont trap your kids in a dark basement with a dreamcast w/ a copy of RE

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 11:00 PM
My dad was never much of a gamer, but around the time Mario Kart 64 came out, I somehow got him interested in that, so we shared some moments on there.

He also took a shine to GTAIII because he enjoyed going around and getting his wanted level as high as possible before the cops would kill him. <_<

MelancholyWitch
Jul 24, 2012, 11:00 PM
Ok it appears that I do have the information! IP: 82.102.8.17:1105 PW: tugaspt this is teamspeak 3 which you can get here, http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads It is very easy to use and set up if you have any questions ask me and I'll be more than happy to help out.

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 11:02 PM
My dad was never much of a gamer, but around the time Mario Kart 64 came out, I somehow got him interested in that, so we shared some moments on there.

He also took a shine to GTAIII because he enjoyed going around and getting his wanted level as high as possible before the cops would kill him. <_<

Like anyone plays GTA for the missions <.<

LK1721
Jul 24, 2012, 11:02 PM
That is rad as hell.

About 4-5 years ago, I even bought my dad a DS because he'd confiscated mine once he got hold of my copy of New Super Mario Bros.

(I BOUGHT HIM A PINK ONE OF COURSE, THE MANLIEST OF COLORS!)

LOL. That is THE ONLY COLOR OPTION. PERIOD.

Reminds me of when I bought House of the Dead 2&3 for the Wii...and my mom forced me to play until we beat 3. 10 long hours of shooting zombies with my mom yelling at me to shoot faster. ;A;

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 11:04 PM

Reminds me of when I bought House of the Dead 2&3 for the Wii...and my mom forced me to play until we beat 3. 10 long hours of shooting zombies with my mom yelling at me to shoot faster. ;A;

Games like those made me unafraid of zombies to say the least.

Polly
Jul 24, 2012, 11:05 PM

Streets of Rage was mine and my dad's jam back in the day. I got Streets of Rage 1 for Christmas with my Genesis one year and we played it until we demolished it (after about a week of trying). He went out and bought 2 the day it came out and we spent the entire evening whooping through that too. Same with 3. Some damn fine times had gaming with muh daddy. ;D

pikachief
Jul 24, 2012, 11:05 PM
cough

Aww my dad loves phantasy star (or at least used to). The first thing he bought with his first paycheck was Phantasy Star for the Mega Drive. He introduced me to PSO and he did play PSU a few times, but he also lost interest around this time (just didnt have the time to get into it).

Also women playing games has always been the norm. At least to me. My mom used to be better at certain games than I ever was and she used to help run a small local game magazine with my dad and their friend. (they'd go out to E3 and get info and pictures, you know before the internet and stuff) They also worked for SNK for a while and they'd hang out with the President of SNK of America (they'd go bowling and play metalslug on NEO GEO)

My sister also plays a good amount of Minecraft and L4D.

My girlfriend on the other hand is one of those "I play games!" and she just plays Sims and Bejeweled and other phone games lol I gave up having her try games because she says she wants to try but she gets bored after 10 min, even if she really likes the game. Oh and she's terrible hahaha. but then i find out she loves borderlands, halo, and zombies ate my neighbors. she just doesn't make much sense sometimes lol

Totori
Jul 24, 2012, 11:06 PM
To this day I still haven't played a RE game. Am I missing out badly?

Zeota
Jul 24, 2012, 11:07 PM
I grew up gaming with both of my parents (even if they're both terrible at videogames). I still play PSOGC with my parents on the weekends!

I grew up with both my parents playing games too. It started with Atari 2600 which I subsequently got into. My parents (to my chagrin) would play Dr. fuckin' Mario for HOURS! I was so happy when my dad brought home another NES one day. My mom saw me playing PSO a number of times back in the day and thought it was cool. She even expressed interest in WoW at one point but was put off by having to pay for it each month. She even loved the GTA games, but not so much for the gratuitous violence. I wonder what she would've thought of PSO2.

MistyWaters
I've never been bothered with that kind of junk when playing online. Although there has been one time that I remember, when I was playing BB, where someone else started hitting on me REAL bad.

And it was another girl.

Metaru
To this day I still haven't played a RE game. Am I missing out badly?

Everything up to 4 you missed out on. 5 isnt scary worth shit, and RE6 aint lookin to promising, everything's on the post apocalyptic trend now, not scary.

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 11:14 PM
Everything up to 4 you missed out on. 5 isnt scary worth shit, and RE6 aint lookin to promising, everything's on the post apocalyptic trend now, not scary.

^ This.

Also, if you wanna play some games that will truly scare you, I would suggest Silent Hill 1-3. Series went downhill after that sadly.

EvilMag
Jul 24, 2012, 11:15 PM
Ok it appears that I do have the information! IP: 82.102.8.17:1105 PW: tugaspt this is teamspeak 3 which you can get here, http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads It is very easy to use and set up if you have any questions ask me and I'll be more than happy to help out.

Maybe you could make a thread to advertise this server.

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 11:16 PM
^ This.

Also, if you wanna play some games that will truly scare you, I would suggest Silent Hill 1-3. Series went downhill after that sadly.

Ahh Silent Hill, I remember just opening a door and screaming even when nothing was behind it.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 24, 2012, 11:18 PM
Maybe you could make a thread to advertise this server.

Yes I should I just think if I made it in general Mods would move it I'll try thought later tonight.

Ri0T
Jul 24, 2012, 11:18 PM
My wife will be playing soon. Tomorrow night will likely be her first day trying it out. We've played all the previous iterations of PSO together.

(holy crap my sig still works)

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 11:19 PM
Ahh Silent Hill, I remember just opening a door and screaming even when nothing was behind it.

No kidding. I'll never forget how the first Silent Hill began either. The game did an excellent job of screwing with your mind.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 24, 2012, 11:22 PM

Indeed, I've only played RE 4 and 5. In RE 4 once I got a shotgun stuff stopped being scary and it just started dieing.

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 11:22 PM
No kidding. I'll never forget how the first Silent Hill began either. The game did an excellent job of screwing with your mind.

I used to cry playing that.

Metaru
Jul 24, 2012, 11:24 PM
Indeed, I've only played RE 4 and 5. In RE 4 once I got a shotgun stuff stopped being scary and it just started dieing.

The chainsaw guy, scares me o.o

LK1721
Jul 24, 2012, 11:26 PM
Streets of Rage was mine and my dad's jam back in the day. I got Streets of Rage 1 for Christmas with my Genesis one year and we played it until we demolished it (after about a week of trying). He went out and bought 2 the day it came out and we spent the entire evening whooping through that too. Same with 3. Some damn fine times had gaming with muh daddy. ;D
Hahaha, that sounds awesome. Parents who play video games FTW.

Mikura
Jul 24, 2012, 11:28 PM

Oh lord. First time I saw that dude and he started running towards me, I shat bricks. >.<

Xefi
Jul 24, 2012, 11:28 PM

what was this thread about again?

to OP: i suggest you create a topic of this on the "player matchup" thread as well.
you can meet up with people there as well, oh, but then, not many people actually
visit those threads...nevermind. >___>'

that's all i have. :cat:

sugarFO
Jul 24, 2012, 11:31 PM
My wife will be playing soon. Tomorrow night will likely be her first day trying it out. We've played all the previous iterations of PSO together.

(holy crap my sig still works)

I'm trying to get my boyfriend to play but he just does not want to play a game in Japanese language lol. I think I'm slowly winning him over though... slowly. :/

Aka
Jul 24, 2012, 11:31 PM

Chainsaw guy wasn't scary. The only things scary in RE4 are those fucking Regenerators!

Enforcer MKV
Jul 24, 2012, 11:32 PM
I am so incredibly jealous of you all right now. I tried to play Medal of Honor with my dad once....

It....it didn't end well. T_T

Wait, what am I doing!?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/demotivational-posters-stay-on-topic.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

MelancholyWitch
Jul 24, 2012, 11:33 PM
I am so incredibly jealous of you all right now. I tried to play Medal of Honor with my dad once....

Wait, what am I doing!?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/demotivational-posters-stay-on-topic.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ROFL THIS oh my you just made me laugh out my drink.

ZcRaider
Jul 24, 2012, 11:49 PM

Wait, what am I doing!?

GOLD....pure gold man!

OMG THIS TYPIC is over 140 replies.....

You think it will hit over 9000 views?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 24, 2012, 11:51 PM
Parasite Eve was better

Crimson Exile
Jul 24, 2012, 11:57 PM
I know of a few that get along with my group just fine

Kanore
Jul 24, 2012, 11:59 PM
i'm a girl

just kidding

ZcRaider
Jul 25, 2012, 12:00 AM
2693........2694....come on... COME ON!!

Halcyote
Jul 25, 2012, 12:11 AM
it would be nice to play with other ladies. but i'm such a huge meanie and i don't want to reveal my character information on psow.

ScottyMango
Jul 25, 2012, 12:13 AM
People really thought the majority of players were girls? x: nope! Just guys playing as girls.

But that said, PSO does have a higher amount of lady players than most games I've ever played.

DemonMike
Jul 25, 2012, 12:21 AM
But that said, PSO does have a higher amount of lady players than most games I've ever played.

Yeah I'm pretty surprised at this as well. To be honest, I always played it safe and just talked to people as if there character was their identity because that's pretty much the idea of role-playing heh. But still, it negates the problems of calling some one a "he" or a "she" to find out they're the opposing gender. A few people do take offence to it strangely.

One thing I always find funny is when I play with Japanese players and how much attention to detail they pay when talking. Even if it's just out in the lobby and they're not using autowords, they'll make sure there character talks exactly like they intended. I remember talking to some one and one of their sentences seemed to be exactly what a girl would say, I asked them if they were a girl only to find out it was actually a guy playing.

Been playing online games for years and I still can't fully adjust to it haha.

kiwimisty7
Jul 25, 2012, 12:23 AM
Im a real girl, who plays as a girl, im on ship 2 . My character name is Kiwipea ,give me holla.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 12:28 AM
Oh dear.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 25, 2012, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I'm a gamer! Totally! So like, I was just playing Bejweled and Angry Birds on my iPhone, and I couldn't beat either of them. They are just so hard!!

I'm such a nerd! xD :3 *giggles* lolol Sasuke x Naruto :love:

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2012, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I'm a gamer! Totally! So like, I was just playing Bejweled and Angry Birds on my iPhone, and I couldn't beat either of them. They are just so hard!!

....Somebody get me my shotgun. -_-

Made YOU look. HA!

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 12:35 AM
Garnet is cool, don't worry

lol scarcasm

chihiro
Jul 25, 2012, 12:42 AM
I'm a girl.

I read this whole thread and all I got from it was that you have a Dr. Strangelove signature and I enjoyed that movie a lot.

ZcRaider
Jul 25, 2012, 12:43 AM
THE BALLZ ARE INERT

My kungfu is indeed strong.

8-)

Sidney
Jul 25, 2012, 01:03 AM
A woman asks if other women play PSO2, because she'd like to meet more women gamers. Guys proceed to dominate the thread. Classy. For those of you who are guys, trust me - almost every regular poster here is already aware of your gender, and you don't need to announce the fact you posses a penis here. How about leaving some space for the women to come forth and make their presence known without being swallowed by a bunch of your posts?

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 01:05 AM
I must say, I'm surprised at the civility of this thread. Seems as though a few immature individuals have left the forum, and things are much better because of it.

I'm a female player myself, but I don't generally come out and say it. What's in my pants doesn't matter to my skill level, so it should be of no concern to anyone. However, I'm mentioning it here, as I can understand the desire for some girly talk now and then in a medium male dominated. Yes, we're here primarily to kill things and hug rappies, but sometimes I just like to gush about how pretty I'm feeling on a good day, y'know? D:

I won't be joining any "GURLSONLYTEEMZ" any time soon, but feel free to chat me up if you see me (Character's name is Collar) running around!

GoldenFalcon
A woman asks if other women play PSO2, because she'd like to meet more women gamers. Guys proceed to dominate the thread. Classy. For those of you who are guys, trust me - almost every regular poster here is already aware of your gender, and you don't need to announce the fact you posses a penis here. How about leaving some space for the women to come forth and make their presence known without being swallowed by a bunch of your posts?

Well..

keeping the thread at the top for them? I'm sure that females would much rather send her a personal message anyway, so they don't get harrassed or some such, thus we can't know the success of the thread anyway. Meaning keep on posting, yeahh

Hosaka

/moya ಠ_ಠ

Aewyn
Honestly, and I say this because I usually act like one-- they don't need a white knight, either.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2012, 01:11 AM
I must say, I'm surprised at the civility of this thread. Seems as though a few immature individuals have left the forum, and things are much better because of it.

I'm a female player myself, but I don't generally come out and say it. What's in my pants doesn't matter to my skill level, so it should be of no concern to anyone. However, I'm mentioning it here, as I can understand the desire for some girly talk now and then in a medium male dominated. Yes, we're here primarily to kill things and hug rappies, but sometimes I just like to gush about how pretty I'm feeling on a good day, y'know? D:

I won't be joining any "GURLSONLYTEEMZ" any time soon, but feel free to chat me up if you see me (Character's name is Collar) running around!

That's right, I wanted to add you, after the few times we've talked on the forums. I quite like talking to you. XD

Also, how the heck do you manage to hug rappies!? They always peck me when I try to hug them. It's because I'm a guy, I bet.

Those sexist chickens! D:< But seriously, those rare rappies are too cute. It isn't fair!

Sidney
Jul 25, 2012, 01:12 AM
Honestly, and I say this because I usually act like one-- they don't need a white knight, either.

I'm a woman myself.

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 01:15 AM
That's right, I wanted to add you, after the few times we've talked on the forums. I quite like talking to you. XD

Also, how the heck do you manage to hug rappies!? They always peck me when I try to hug them. It's because I'm a guy, I bet.

Those sexist chickens! D:< But seriously, those rare rappies are too cute. It isn't fair!

It's funny, 'cause the way rappies move... Or rather, the way they squish and bounce... I think they're made of, er, the same thing boob physics are.

Well, the Tit IS a well known bird, after all! *Rimshot*

Edit: Er, forgot to mention, feel free to hit me with a time if you want to add me ingame sometime. I just woke up from a nap and realized my almost non existent implication of that probably isn't enough :p

sexyslut
Jul 25, 2012, 01:16 AM
>implying starlet doesnt enjoy black cawks

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 01:18 AM
Well, rare rappies can't attack, right?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 25, 2012, 01:18 AM
For those just joining us, to save you 17 pages to read:

http://i.imgur.com/dC3Eg.gif[/spoiler-box]

That's about the size of [s]it them.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 01:19 AM
I'm a woman myself.Then I'm confused as to why you would bother saying that. This is PSOw, it's not surprising that this would turn into a free-for-all. I'm not condoning or condemning anything done by anyone, but isn't it to be expected that anyone might reply to something posted in the most active sub-forum of the PSO2 section of the forum? She can hold her own, she has shown that more than enough times.

sugarFO
Jul 25, 2012, 01:24 AM

If you are on ship 2 I will be happy to. :D

Eryhpas
Jul 25, 2012, 01:25 AM
I'm a girl.

.............True story.

Hosaka
Jul 25, 2012, 01:25 AM
I'm a girl.

.............True story.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 01:26 AM
If you are on ship 2 I will be happy to. :D

I am! Well, when the servers come back up, at least ;_;

Enforcer MKV
It's funny, 'cause the way rappies move... Or rather, the way they squish and bounce... I think they're made of, er, the same thing boob physics are.

Well, the Tit IS a well known bird, after all! *Rimshot*

Must.....not.....laugh....Miyoko, you're horrible.

...yet it's hilarious.

Eryhpas
Pics or it didn't happen.

Does pics of my loli in a wedding dress count?

Sidney
Then I'm confused as to why you would bother saying that. This is PSOw, it's not surprising that this would turn into a free-for-all. I'm not condoning or condemning anything done by anyone, but isn't it to be expected that anyone might reply to something posted in the most active sub-forum of the PSO2 section of the forum? She can hold her own, she has shown that more than enough times.

I said it exactly for that reason - because it was turning into a free-for-all, and I felt the men needed a quick reminder to check their privilege. Male voices get to dominate most - if not all - of the conversations here, and that's fine, but in this specific instance, Starlet requested that women step forward and make their presence known. I felt that the women's voices were getting drowned out by the myriad of men stepping forward to state the obvious fact that they were male. (Trust me, we know.) As a woman gamer who was also looking through this thread to meet other women, it would have been nice to not have to sift through 16 pages to find those few female voices.

Sometimes, you need to know when to step back and not comment if it's not your place, and this is a thread where women's voices need to be the primary one. PSO-W has been an awfully vile place lately, and that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. I know she can hold her own, but this is my particular opinion, and I am adding my own two cents based on my frustrations going through this thread.

sugarFO
Jul 25, 2012, 01:32 AM
Yeah, what Sidney said is true... I'm lucky I kept following this topic from maintenance, and that some girls were proactive to send me friend requests and message (which is great <3) so that I could make some contacts. People talking about random things for a few pages? Really?

Laguna
Jul 25, 2012, 01:33 AM
I said it exactly for that reason - because it was turning into a free-for-all, and I felt the men needed a quick reminder to check their privilege. Male voices get to dominate most - if not all - of the conversations here, and that's fine, but in this specific instance, Starlet requested that women step forward and make their presence known. I felt that the women's voices were getting drowned out by the myriad of men stepping forward to state the obvious fact that they were male. (Trust me, we know.) As a woman gamer who was also looking through this thread to meet other women, it would have been nice to not have to sift through 16 pages to find those few female voices.

Sometimes, you need to know when to step back and not comment if it's not your place, and this is a thread where women's voices need to be the primary one. PSO-W has been an awfully vile place lately, and that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. I know she can hold her own, but this is my particular opinion, and I am adding my own two cents based on my frustrations going through this thread.

You are perfect.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 01:34 AM
If I make a thread asking to meet anyone of any type, it will either get ignored or pulled as much off-track as this thread. I understand your desire not to have to sift through a bunch of replies to find the responses you're interested in, but that's the nature of a forum. I respect your opinion, but it seems a bit unrealistic to me. I have as much a right to enter that opinion into record here as you do. There is no disrespect intended, nor do I see how any could be inferred.

That said, the last ... well, 8 pages for me, haven't seemed all that bad. At least now there is a thread for you to find the people you wanted to connect with, even if there is some sifting required.

Jay6
Jul 25, 2012, 01:36 AM
I know a girl that plays PSO2... but seriously, just assume everyone is a guy. If you somehow find out that the other player is a girl, then that's a bonus, I guess? I'd just continue playing like normal though.

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 01:42 AM
I know a girl that plays PSO2... but seriously, just assume everyone is a guy. If you somehow find out that the other player is a girl, then that's a bonus, I guess? I'd just continue playing like normal though.

I generally find that adressing people as their characters gender is the best way to go. You're free to assume about their real gender, of course, but if you just go by their character gender, one of two things happen:
1. They correct you
2. They just accept it and have no issue with it.

Either way, they're not offended.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 01:46 AM
I generally find that adressing people as their characters gender is the best way to go. You're free to assume about their real gender, of course, but if you just go by their character gender, one of two things happen:
1. They correct you
2. They just accept it and have no issue with it.

Either way, they're not offended.I know we've been bros forever, so you already know this, but I'm the same way. I love to meet people of either gender and be friends. I know not everyone holds that opinion-- hence the existence of this thread-- but that isn't anything I take issue with. I can totally understand that part of it. The part that doesn't make sense to me is expecting the thread to be anything different than it was.

If I made a thread on a tech forum asking for replies only from experts on a certain subject, I'd be likely to get people saying this or that junk engineering that I'd have to sort through for the answers I needed. I see this thread the same way. The thread exists, now the information is out there. It's exactly what sugarFO wanted, except for the background noise. But that's the internet for you.

sexyslut
Jul 25, 2012, 01:46 AM
I've had "conversations " with girl characters who i think were guys IRL. iykwim

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2012, 01:47 AM
Yeah, what Sidney said is true... I'm lucky I kept following this topic from maintenance, and that some girls were proactive to send me friend requests and message (which is great <3) so that I could make some contacts. People talking about random things for a few pages? Really?

As stated before - that's the nature of a forum. Though, at least on my level, at least, I apologize for the intrusion. I'll remove myself now. No insult intended.

If I make a thread asking to meet anyone of any type, it will either get ignored or pulled as much off-track as this thread. I understand your desire not to have to sift through a bunch of replies to find the responses you're interested in, but that's the nature of a forum. I respect your opinion, but it seems a bit unrealistic to me. I have as much a right to enter that opinion into record here as you do. There is no disrespect intended, nor do I see how any could be inferred.

That said, the last ... well, 8 pages for me, haven't seemed all that bad. At least now there is a thread for you to find the people you wanted to connect with, even if there is some sifting required.

Though, to their credit, the OP was asking for females specifically. Taken in that light, I understand the frustration. I don't have a problem with backing off. Even if I just look at the posters as people, not genders. But eh, details.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 01:55 AM
Well like I said, I understand the irritation of having to sort through unrelated replies, and I never said I felt it was wrong. I only said the expectations are kind of unrealistic so, I hope no one is actually upset by it. The information sugarFO wanted is absolutely available in this thread.

Cortte
Jul 25, 2012, 02:01 AM
I'm trying to get my boyfriend to play but he just does not want to play a game in Japanese language lol. I think I'm slowly winning him over though... slowly. :/

Bagh at least you get the chance to beg him to play. My girlfriend owns a mac so it is a no go, and the worst part is that she would love to try it out! D:

EDIT: Oh by the way I am new here, just signed up today. I play on Ship 2 though. Name in game is Sirus incase anyone has seen me. And mother of god I am sorry if I misuse the forum for a bit > <

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 02:08 AM
I'm surprised that this thread hasn't devolved int-

Oh boy, this could get real ugly-like.

Anyway, it seems PSO2 has a lot of female players, so Ms. FO shouldn't have a hard time finding her target group.

Angelo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:15 AM

Looks like we have a new Allison_W

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:20 AM
I think this is good, honestly I do, because let's face it, the overwhelming majority of women suck at games, and I'd rather they play with each other than slowing my groups down.

Before you guys jump down my throat, since that seems to be the cool thing to do whenever Zipzo posts, I look at it from a scientific perspective...

Boys are generally raised in active environments. They are ushered in to things like sports or other physical activities. If they don't like sports they may generally just spend a lot of time gaming. Girls are typically not raised in that way. You have many women on the planet who are indeed interested in sports, but a majority of them are generally raised to be child bearers. Housewives. Adaptively this leads to a lower average hand-eye coordination in females overall. So, as a result, they generally suck at gaming. It's not their fault. They just do.

Again, I'm aware of skilled female gamers, but they are rare. Raised differently from the average female, given the opportunity to adapt and associate with the necessary hand-eye coordination and brain amenities necessarily to properly play video games without turning the whole control in a circle while they play Gran Turismo.

It's just how it is. Females usually suck majorly at games. That's not a bad thing, though no doubt it will be taken as an insult in this court room, women are good at other things naturally that men are not. Like life expectancy for example.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:20 AM
Amusingly, as far as I can remember I was friends with Alison_W.

And oh great, Zipzo wants to bring the drama. D:<

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 02:21 AM
I think this is good, honestly I do, because let's face it, the overwhelming majority of women suck at games, and I'd rather they play with each other than slowing my groups down.

Oh shit, why did yo-

*hits EMERGENCY EJECT button*

Good luck!

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 02:22 AM
Oh dear Christ...

Halcyote
Jul 25, 2012, 02:23 AM

Before you guys jump down my throat, since that seems to be the cool thing to do whenever Zipzo posts, I look at it from a scientific perspective...

Boys are generally raised in active environments. They are ushered in to things like sports or other physical activities. If they don't like sports they may generally just spend a lot of time gaming. Girls are typically not raised in that way. You have many women on the planet who are indeed interested in sports, but a majority of them are generally raised to be child bearers. Housewives. Adaptively this leads to a lower average hand-eye coordination in females overall. So, as a result, they generally suck at gaming. It's not their fault. They just do.

Again, I'm aware of skilled female gamers, but they are rare. Raised differently from the average female, given the opportunity to adapt and associate with the necessarily hand-eye coordination and brain amenities necessarily to properly play video games without turning the whole control in a circle while you play Gran Turismo.

oh my god just stop

please

responses like this and "real gaming" and these neutral ass "oh lawd some feminist posted here we go" type responses are what's killing this thread.

this is the exact crap that sidney was talking about.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:23 AM
It's all downhill from here. *tips hat, leaves*

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 02:24 AM
Zipzo is actually a reasonable person, guys

It's just that's a touchy subject with no real reason to be brought up, lol

Enforcer MKV
Jul 25, 2012, 02:26 AM
*ahem* I apologize for reentering the thread, but I have a bit of advice.

Don't feed the troll folks. Don't quote him, don't acknowledge him, simply ignore him and move on.

Thank you, and with that, I take my leave once again. :D

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 02:27 AM
*ahem* I apologize for reentering the thread, but I have a bit of advice.

Don't feed the troll folks. Don't quote him, don't acknowledge him, simply ignore him and move on.

Thank you, and with that, I take my leave once again. :D

Hey, Zipzo isn't a troll

It's just an issue of.. wrong place, wrong time or something

Nitro Vordex
Jul 25, 2012, 02:27 AM
Zipzo is actually a reasonable person, guys

It's just that's a touchy subject with no real reason to be brought up, lol
No one likes an asskisser.

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:29 AM
I don't understand why I'm a troll for simply expressing an opinion? An opinion that wasn't formed in 5 seconds. It's an opinion that has been shaped by almost a decade of online gaming experience. That's not trolling, it's practically gospel to me.

Hell, my fiance who is a neuroscience candidate at Baylor University is the one that had this conversation with me (and yes, she's a girl). She's mostly the source for everything I've just spoken about.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 02:29 AM
No one likes an asskisser.

Thanks for your arbitrary opinion
Why is this important?

DTwO
Jul 25, 2012, 02:32 AM
*raises hand*

I am, but I personally haven't had that many problems making conversation with the guys playing this game. Then again, I don't use voice chat, and they all probably think I am a guy anyway.

LOL!
I thought you were a woman but ya can never be quite sure!

Me neither,i havent touched voice chat...a lil shy,obviously not text typing though >.<

Angelo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:32 AM

Again, I'm aware of skilled female gamers, but they are rare. Raised differently from the average female, given the opportunity to adapt and associate with the necessarily hand-eye coordination and brain amenities necessarily to properly play video games without turning the whole control in a circle while they play Gran Turismo.

It's just how it is. Females usually suck majorly at games. That's not a bad thing, though no doubt it will be taken as an insult in this court room, women are good at other things that men are not. Like life expectancy for example.

Well... even though I think your first few bulletpoints are pretty inflammatory... you sort of almost have a point.

You go on to explain the difference between genders to be a product of environment in the sense that it's socially instilled, this is a huge, buy widely accepted misconception.

Studies have shown that men have a higher ratio of grey matter to white matter in their brain, while women have a higher ratio of white matter. To put it incredibly simply, grey matter processes thoughts while white matter networks the brains computations together. This could explain why females tend to lean more towards classes that involve multitasking (Healing/Casting) and males tend to lean towards classes with more dynamic and spacial thought (Combat/Aiming).

Since the majority of single-player videogames rely on this dynamic processing power it might make it seem like men are 'better' at videogames, but there really isn't a better, only different. To say one is better than the other is the very definition of chauvinistic.

There are always exceptions to the rule though.

Xaeris
Jul 25, 2012, 02:36 AM
I was ambivalent about Sidney's insistence that the thread was being marginalized by male presence...but now, I think I'm okay with apologizing to Starlet about how her thread went after that.

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:36 AM
Well... even though I think your first few bulletpoints are pretty inflammatory... you sort of almost have a point.

You go on to explain the difference between genders to be a product of environments in the sense that it's socially instilled, this is a huge, buy widely accepted misconception.

Studies have shown that men have a higher ratio of grey matter to white matter in their brain, while women have a higher ratio of white matter. To put it incredibly simply, grey matter processes thoughts while white matter networks the brains computations together. This could explain why females tend to lean more towards classes that involve multitasking (Healing/Casting) and males tend to lean towards classes with more dynamic and spacial thought (Combat/Aiming).

Since the majority of single-player videogames rely on this dynamic processing power it might make it seem like men are 'better' at videogames, but there really isn't a better, only different. To say one is better than the other is the very definition of chauvinistic.

Well, you're outplaying me here, I was only relaying what my fiance talked about when we had this very same discussion *shrug*. I took what she said to be quite reasonable. Before that conversation I still hated playing with girls because they generally stunk, I just didn't have a non-inflammatory reason to talk about why.

It's why I love her, to be honest.

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 02:37 AM

You go on to explain the difference between genders to be a product of environments in the sense that it's socially instilled, this is a huge, buy widely accepted misconception.

The entire post reeks of overinflated ego and flamebait. Women are better at life expectancy? The fuck?

Whatever. The entire post is retarded, and insulting, but I'm going to let others do the yelling. Should be a good show once Syndey sees it!

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:38 AM
The entire post reeks of overinflated ego and flamebait. Women are better at life expectancy? The fuck?

Whatever. The entire post is retarded, and insulting, but I'm going to let others do the yelling. Should be a good show once Syndey sees it!You didn't know that Women beat Men in life expectancy? You're uninformed.

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 02:38 AM
You didn't know that Women beat Men in life expectancy? You're uninformed.

... You're an idiot.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 02:40 AM
Yes, I smelled a storm brewing ever since Zipzo's first(?) post. He's undoubtedly delivered a mighty rustle to a certain jimmy, and I'm sure this topic will be a place of nuclear fallout when I awaken in the morn.

Zipzo
... You're an idiot.
No I'm not.

Aewyn
No I'm not.I'm better at having good genes.

Angelo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:41 AM

Whatever. The entire post is retarded, and insulting, but I'm going to let others do the yelling. Should be a good show once Syndey sees it!

If biology and evolution ruffle your feathers this much you may want to re-evaluate your dogma.

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 02:43 AM
If biology and evolution ruffle your feathers this much you may want to re-evaluate your dogma.

You, too? C'mon man, I thought you were smarter than this. Aewyn understands where I'm coming from. Come on, use your head a little. :l

sugarFO
Jul 25, 2012, 02:43 AM
I was ambivalent about Sidney's insistence that the thread was being marginalized by male presence...but now, I think I'm okay with apologizing to Starlet about how her thread went after that.

Thanks. I got some new friends now which I'm happy about. Sucks that we have to run to profiles and pm instead of seeing all of this crap, but, I guess that's the direction PSOW wants to go in. :-?

Sidney
Jul 25, 2012, 02:44 AM
The men in this thread are really not getting it. (Sadly, I'm not surprised.) If 4-chan is the asshole of the internet, then PSO-W is most certainly the perineum. And let Zip have his moment of being an internet armchair psychologist based on culturally embedded sexist stereotypes and the ridiculous notion of gender essentialism; some stupid cannot be fixed, and this is clearly not worth our time or effort.

Ladies, we have eachother's contact info. Let us be on our merry way, shall we?

Sucks that we have to run to profiles and pm instead of seeing all of this crap, but, I guess that's the direction PSOW wants to go in.
No kidding...

Halcyote
Jul 25, 2012, 02:44 AM
No I'm not.
yeah, your opinion (and anyone else who posted that sort of shit in this thread) wasn't warranted at all and had nothing to do with the topic. it's not your place to speak on it and you still did anyway just flaunt how much you hate gaming with teh wimmenz.

so yeah, you're an idiot.

and that's my bullshit scientific diagnosis. stick to making posts about why people were banned and not giving your undeveloped opinions about gender politics.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:45 AM
sugarFO, I'm not sure that an apology is appropriate in these circumstances, but I also apologize that my posts contributed to this new direction. It definitely was not what I intended.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 02:45 AM
Thanks. I got some new friends now which I'm happy about. Sucks that we have to run to profiles and pm instead of seeing all of this crap, but, I guess that's the direction PSOW wants to go in. :-?

Also, there's a group here on PSOW called "Gamer Girls" (or something to that effect). I recommend you look into joining that. It seems perfect for what you're asking here.

sugarFO
Jul 25, 2012, 02:47 AM
Also, there's a group here on PSOW called "Gamer Girls" (or something to that effect). I recommend you look into joining that. It seems perfect for what you're asking here.

Yes I joined them, thanks. ^^

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:48 AM
You, too? C'mon man, I thought you were smarter than this. Aewyn understands where I'm coming from. Come on, use your head a little. :lYou know, I can understand why it angers you, being female, but really all I did was present factual studies (in maybe a bit of a crasser nature than it needed to be).

If you're a great gamer, well good on you. I don't have any more, or less respect for you as a female. I'm only imparting that the overwhelming majority of female gamers I've ever played with, either in a raid, or a group, a party, anything...have only lead to headaches, drama (big one), and the wasting of my time.

I like to spend time with a girl, buy 'em dinner, but I will not game with them. No way, no how.

The men in this thread are really not getting it. (Sadly, I'm not surprised.) If 4-chan is the asshole of the internet, then PSO-W is most certainly the perineum. And let Zip have his moment of being an internet armchair psychologist based on culturally embedded sexist stereotypes and the ridiculous notion of gender essentialism; some stupid cannot be fixed, and this is clearly not worth our time or effort.This topic actually has nothing to do with psychology.

Soul Guardian
Sucks that we have to run to profiles and pm instead of seeing all of this crap, but, I guess that's the direction PSOW wants to go in. :-?

Expecting good things from the PSOW community will always end in disappointment and pages of BS.

BIG OLAF
Yes I joined them, thanks. ^^

You're welcome, good luck.

MelancholyWitch
The men in this thread are really not getting it. (Sadly, I'm not surprised.) If 4-chan is the asshole of the internet, then PSO-W is most certainly the perineum. And let Zip have his moment of being an internet armchair psychologist based on culturally embedded sexist stereotypes and the ridiculous notion of gender essentialism; some stupid cannot be fixed, and this is clearly not worth our time or effort.

Ladies, we have eachother's contact info. Let us be on our merry way, shall we?

No kidding...

Well it isn't all men, I certainly haven't posted anything negative or off topic on here, please don't lump us all in the same category as guys from 4chan or etc. There's just too many new faces that don't have any respect.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:52 AM
You know, I can understand why it angers you, being female, but really all I did was present factual studies (in maybe a bit of a crasser nature than it needed to be).

If you're a great gamer, well good on you. I don't have any more, or less respect for you as a female. I'm only imparting that the overwhelming majority of female gamers I've ever played with, either in a raid, or a group, a party, anything...have only lead to headaches, drama (big one), and the wasting of my time.

I like to spend time with a girl, buy 'em dinner, but I will not game with them. No way, no how.
This topic actually has nothing to do with psychology.I'm better at brain having than you.

Seeing your mistake yet?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 25, 2012, 02:52 AM
You didn't know that Women beat Men in life expectancy? You're uninformed.

... You're an idiot.
He's not wrong (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57418059-10391704/women-lag-behind-men-in-life-expectancy-gains-study/). Unless you're being sarcastic, in which case, the internet is a poor outlet for sarcasm. Facial cues, vocal tones, etc.

You go on to explain the difference between genders to be a product of environment in the sense that it's socially instilled, this is a huge, buy widely accepted misconception.

Well, you're outplaying me here, I was only relaying what my fiance talked about when we had this very same discussion *shrug*. I took what she said to be quite reasonable. Before that conversation I still hated playing with girls because they generally stunk, I just didn't have a non-inflammatory reason to talk about why.

It's why I love her, to be honest.
I think a question to ask would be: What kind of games are you playing? Taking the info from Angelo's post, by logic, a woman should be taking maybe an overlooking role in a video game. Not in the thick of things, but as a stand back and observe, as well as order. There's always jokes about women ordering people around, but if they're biologically wired to multitask better than men, wouldn't it make sense that they should take a thinking role, and have the men in the doing role? With spacial and dynamic gameplay, you would think that a man would succeed generally better in FPS'es/TPS, driving, and possibly fighting games. Following that multitasking and critical thinking train of thought, though, a woman may dominate a genre like RPG's, tabletop games, strategy games, RTS'es and maybe moba's, though maybe from a team fighting/planning aspect. I'm saying this from a general aspect, and there's WAY too many variables in the home and social life of both genders to have an even ground where only wiring comes in. Any kind of previous background throws those ideas out the window, with a small bedsheet to hang on to.

Alright I think I'm done. That was probably a garbled mess.

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 02:54 AM
You know, I can understand why it angers you, being female, but really all I did was present factual studies (in maybe a bit of a crasser nature than it needed to be).

Stop. Just stop. You're still missing it. Your making it look like your head is so far up your ass you're failing to see the retarded shit you're posting. You are so absolutely wrong on all of your assumptions here, it's embarrassing for me to read. Like, it's actually making me feel bad to read.

Let me just offer you a piece of advice -- It doesn't matter how smart you think you are, or how important your experiences are, I STRONGLY suggest you take some time and question your choice of wording more often. If you fail to see why I'm insulted now (and no it's not what you've thus far thought it was), then you probably won't.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:54 AM
Since a second person failed to realize it even after my dropping two posts as hints, I will now point out Miyoko's problem with Zipzo's statement. His phrasing is nonsensical. You can't be "better at" life expectancy. It's not like how someone is better at sports or better at shuffling cards. Life expectancy at a genetic level has everything to do with a genetic predisposition toward delayed senescence. You cannot be "better at" something you cannot control.

Angelo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:55 AM
You, too? C'mon man, I thought you were smarter than this. Aewyn understands where I'm coming from. Come on, use your head a little. :l

Well you quoted my post... I thought you were disputing what I said.

Porkmaster
Jul 25, 2012, 02:55 AM
I feel like I should have a place in this conversation somewhere, so here I am.

K, bye.

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 02:57 AM
Stop. Just stop. You're still missing it. Your making it look like your head is so far up your ass you're failing to see the retarded shit you're posting. You are so absolutely wrong on all of your assumptions here, it's embarrassing for me to read. Like, it's actually making me feel bad to read.

Let me just offer you a piece of advice -- It doesn't matter how smart you think you are, or how important your experiences are, I STRONGLY suggest you take some time and question your choice of wording more often. If you fail to see why I'm insulted now (and no it's not what you've thus far thought it was), then you probably won't.
Okay. So really what's happening here is you are exhibiting lots of anger at my opinion, which is understandable, however you are not really making any arguments for your claims. You're stating that I'm wrong, and that my head is up my ass (it's really not). That I'm posting 'retarded shit'. You've yet to give any educated reasoning as to why what I'm posting is wrong. You're just cursing, and sort of being a bitch. I didn't come in here, guns blazing, calling all the females obscenities. So yeah, I fail to see what justifies your current attitude.

Since a second person failed to realize it even after my dropping two posts as hints, I will now point out Miyoko's problem with Zipzo's statement. His phrasing is nonsensical. You can't be "better at" life expectancy. It's not like how someone is better at sports or better at shuffling cards. Life expectancy at a genetic level has everything to do with a genetic predisposition toward delayed senescence. You cannot be "better at" something you cannot control.That's a rather rudimentary interpretation.

People can be born gifted at certain things. Drawing, Chess, Physical activity. That very well indeed does make them "better" at such activities than their unluckier other human beings who were not gifted with such talents at birth.

The brain is an amazing thing, some kids out there can read a whole chess game in 10 seconds of looking at a board. You don't learn that. You can try, but most certainly any of these kids are "better" than me at chess. So I believe you to be wrong in this regard.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 25, 2012, 02:58 AM
Since a second person failed to realize it even after my dropping two posts as hints, I will now point out Miyoko's problem with Zipzo's statement. His phrasing is nonsensical. You can't be "better at" life expectancy. It's not like how someone is better at sports or better at shuffling cards. Life expectancy at a genetic level has everything to do with a genetic predisposition toward delayed senescence. You cannot be "better at" something you cannot control.
Okay, free card on phrasing then. "Women have a higher life expectancy than men" is probably what he was going for.

God this thread is so *good*

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:58 AM
For the thread not being about psychology, you're using a lot of reverse psychology Zipzo.

HunterFusion
Jul 25, 2012, 02:59 AM

My father used to make me play RE: Code Veronica in the basement.. Good times.. Sometimes, not all the time.

I wish my parents were fun like that :I I know that some parents don't do gaming maybe but would be nice to enjoy some fun. Sadly I can only enjoy by myself with the community. :I :I

Not that I hate it or anything, would be nice... (*´_ゝ`)

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 03:01 AM
Well you quoted my post... I thought you were disputing what I said.

Ehh, I can't really blame you for that, considering that's usually what it means on PSOW when someone quotes you. I was disputing how offensive I think he was being, but that's it. I actually thought your post was good, and I did not know that about the grey and white matter in genders brains!

But, if it isn't clear by now, Aewyn outlined what was wrong with what was said.

Anywho, this thread's turning dumb. Gonna go play now that servers are back up.

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 03:02 AM
Yes, I smelled a storm brewing ever since Zipzo's first(?) post. He's undoubtedly delivered a mighty rustle to a certain jimmy, and I'm sure this topic will be a place of nuclear fallout when I awaken in the morn.

You know, I really thought this thread might sink to the depths of necro territory on a decent note. It was going well enough, friendly discussions - even if a bit off topic at times. I didn't expect to see so many girls here. I didn't not expect it, but you know video game forums etc. I usually just don't even ask a player's gender, just see how they play. A few people I've been friendly enough with in games have announced their gender after a surprising amount of time. It was never an issue; it never became one.

But then the topic veered back on-topic. I really thought this might be an alright thread.

I WAS WRONG.

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 03:04 AM
For the thread not being about psychology, you're using a lot of reverse psychology Zipzo.
That's not reverse psychology. You're simply incorrect that a natural talent can't equate to being "better" than someone else at something.

Unless you're talking about something else. This isn't smoke and mirrors, this is just my opinion.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 03:05 AM
What's funny is that you can't even see you're wrong when someone takes the smoke and mirrors away completely. You didn't just dig yourself a hole, you elaborately reinforced it.

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 03:07 AM
What's funny is that you can't even see you're wrong when someone takes the smoke and mirrors away completely. You didn't just dig yourself a hole, you elaborately reinforced it.You're making absolutes. I'm not wrong. You slamming the newspaper on to the table saying so doesn't make it true.

Neirene
Jul 25, 2012, 03:07 AM
I really have to disagree with most of the opinions written on this thread specially the ones from Angelo and Zipzo, you guys cannot really consider that all women are bad at gaming or don't have enough skills to actually excel in a certain game, and that's one of the things that i've been trying to fight against in all the previous games i've played being offline game or MMORPGs I always tried to be one of the best girls playing just to show the guys and their ego that really makes me sick that we can be equal in skills or even better at certain moments even during PvP in games that allows it.

However the fact that most guys considers a girl useless for gaming just shows that they are either afraid or not really willing to let a female player to be better than them, and this happens also in real life in companies, workplaces, etc... it saddens me a lot.

Another thing i highly disagree with is that even if a girl gets interested in playing a game men tends to automaticly put them into the support/healing role like if she were some kind of nurse that just stays there healing or supporting and because we are better at multitasking they say........., something that you dont take into consideration is the fact that being any other class requires a lot of multitasking as well if not more than just being a support class and we can excel just as good.

The PSO game series are games meant to be highly dependant on the cooperation of a team in order to achieve a goal and thats why i highly beleive that everyone should be given the oportunity even if the player is a boy or a girl that shoulnt be a matter of fact to consider they suck and them stop playing with them or consider them a "waste of time" like someone mentioned in an earlier post.

I'm very sorry for the english typos and for the long post!

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 03:08 AM
In life, there are many absolutes. Possibilities are only possibilities until they occur.

Miyoko
Okay. So really what's happening here is you are exhibiting lots of anger at my opinion, which is understandable, however you are not really making any arguments for your claims. You're stating that I'm wrong, and that my head is up my ass (it's really not). That I'm posting 'retarded shit'. You've yet to give any educated reasoning as to why what I'm posting is wrong. You're just cursing, and sort of being a bitch. I didn't come in here, guns blazing, calling all the females obscenities. So yeah, I fail to see what justifies your current attitude.

fdsgff.

Okay, I'll spell it out for you.

I don't give a shit about your opinion. I think it's silly, but it's YOUR opinion. I'm not going to change it, and from what I've seen of you in other threads, you're pretty opinionated and not going to change your stance. And you know what? That's fine. I'm pretty opinionated, too.

So where does my issue lay exactly, then? Like I said, your choice of wording.

You essentially said, "Men are more skilled at video games, are better with hand-eye coordination, better at critical thinking, but women... Uh, women are good at living!"

Do you get it yet? Are you seeing some discrepancies? If you're trying to sound intelligent and fair, doesn't that sound pretty stupid?

BIG OLAF
However the fact that most guys considers a girl useless for gaming just shows that they are either afraid or not really willing to let a female player to be better than them.

Where are you getting this "most guys" stuff? I think women can play games, and do anything else, just fine. As do a lot of other men. The only person who said otherwise in this thread was Zipzo.

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 03:09 AM
I really have to disagree with most of the opinions written on this thread specially the ones from Angelo and Zipzo, you guys cannot really consider that all women are bad at gaming or don't have enough skills to actually excel in a certain game, and that's one of the things that i've been trying to fight against in all the previous games i've played being offline game or MMORPGs I always tried to be one of the best girls playing just to show the guys and their ego that really makes me sick that we can be equal in skills or even better at certain moments even during PvP in games that allows it.

However the fact that most guys considers a girl useless for gaming just shows that they are either afraid or not really willing to let a female player to be better than them, and this happens also in real life in companies, workplaces, etc... it saddens me a lot.

Another thing i highly disagree with is that even if a girl gets interested in playing a game men tends to automaticly put them into the support/healing role like if she were some kind of nurse that just stays there healing or supporting and because we are better at multitasking they say........., something that you dont take into consideration is the fact that being any other class requires a lot of multitasking as well if not more than just being a support class and we can excel just as good.

The PSO game series are games meant to be highly dependant on the cooperation of a team in order to achieve a goal and thats why i highly beleive that everyone should be given the oportunity even if the player is a boy or a girl that shoulnt be a matter of fact to consider they suck and them stop playing with them or consider them a "waste of time" like someone mentioned in an earlier post.

I'm very sorry for the english typos and for the long post!
I don't. I think most are. Not all. I illustrated this point pretty specifically.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 03:09 AM
So I heard you like being better at odd concepts (http://www.youtu.be/t-3qncy5Qfk?&t=1m31s)

I now understand how to link youtube like a pro. Though, I'm a bit late..

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 03:10 AM
Since he still doesn't see it, Miyoko...

Zipzo, you offered a bunch of acquired or natural talents men are "better at"-- which is completely debatable-- then offered something up for women that was not only incorrectly phrased, but something that was not a talent at all, rather something that no one can control. Can you not even see how that is nonsense? You offered no direct comparisons, you just offered a derp opinion then reinforced it with total nonsense.

Kion
Jul 25, 2012, 03:11 AM
[spoiler-box]
http://static03.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/2011/08/ef649289c1036c54dc6bc0f24f563550.jpeg
[/spoiler-box]

I'm mostly just glad that there's a trend of more girls playing games in general. I see a lot of japanese girls playing psp on the train. Mostly i'm glad that gaming isn't a basement dwelling niche anymore, but that it's becoming more main stream that anyone can enjoy.

Halcyote
Jul 25, 2012, 03:14 AM
Where are you getting this "most guys" stuff? I think women can play games, and do anything else, just fine. As do a lot of other men. The only person who said otherwise in this thread was Zipzo.

do not take this as an attack but, most guys already do not see women as anything equal to them. you may consider yourself an exception but it doesn't change that the majority of men outright dismiss or coddle women when coming into geek spaces.

in other words, if you consider yourself the exception, you aren't part of "most" criteria and there was no point for you to post.

Mystil
Jul 25, 2012, 03:15 AM

Probably more than it is believed but a lot of them probably keep to themselves, since some guys think online games is a dating service.

sexyslut
I don't. I think most are. Not all. I illustrated this point pretty specifically.

No, its probably just your woman lol. BTW f.uck marriage lol

Zipzo
fdsgff.

Okay, I'll spell it out for you.

I don't give a shit about your opinion. I think it's silly, but it's YOUR opinion. I'm not going to change it, and from what I've seen of you in other threads, you're pretty opinionated and not going to change your stance. And you know what? That's fine. I'm pretty opinionated, too.

So where does my issue lay exactly, then? Like I said, your choice of wording.

You essentially said, "Men are more skilled at video games, are better with hand-eye coordination, better at critical thinking, but women... Uh, women are good at living!"

Do you get it yet? Are you seeing some discrepancies? If you're trying to sound intelligent and fair, doesn't that sound pretty stupid?Well if you didn't give a shit I don't think it'd elicit nearly this kind of response, you clearly have a stake in the debate here and I won't fault you for that.

I think that males are usually raised in a way that leads to them being more often likely to possess the necessary traits to be "successful" at video games. That includes hand-eye coordination and other brain-related functions that require shaping over time and experience.

This isn't simply a "Boys are AWESOME. Women are TERRIBLE" statement. I'm inferring and implying much more than you seem to be interpreting. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by illustrating the entire thought, over just simply saying something as broad and pedantic as that.

The real question here is why does it bother you so much? What is so bad about even the idea of being bad at games that it offends you? Games are not the answer to life, it really shouldn't bother you that I mentioned females overall if you are not one of the females that I was alluring to. Maybe you are one of the girls I mentioned that are great at games, and if so, you could say that's you and I would believe you unless proved otherwise because I'm a man of trust. I give everyone a chance. I'm just cautious with female gamers.

Halcyote
Jul 25, 2012, 03:16 AM
you think most are

oh how considerate of you with your scientific facts to supplement your completely offensive and nonsensical prejudice.

you're a hero to us all and a shining example of what the gaming community continues to be.