PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna laugh if some of these new bannings were due to CC fraud

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 01:57 AM
I would think most people realize and know, on a site when they ask you to put down the BILLING ADDRESS when entering card info, it's to properly approve and process the transaction with your card company. Putting the wrong address, is fraud and no doubt their TOU has a field that says entering false info is grounds for account termination.

If you did some obvious and stupid shit like putting SEGAS JAPAN HQ as your address, and your account still hasn't been charged yet well......let's just say I wouldn't invest too much in that character if I were you. To assume they at some point would not notice that tons of people were using the same address, an address that not only DOESN'T clear with the cardholder company as the proper billing address, but is the COMPANYS address to boot?

To the folks that did this, are you really this stupid? I wasn't even aware people were doing this until earlier today lol. All I can say I hope nobody charged more than 5 bucks in this way, on a character they haven't put much time on.....cuz uh yeah say goodbye to your account. Which is getting off easy, since if you did something like that in the states you might get a visit from the authorities for entering fraudulent info.

What genius came up with this bright idea anyway??

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 02:00 AM
if you did something like that in the states you might get a visit from the authorities for entering fraudulent info.

I don't see how it could harm anyone at all, or if this could ever happen. Fraud involves like, stealing in some way
address is nothing

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:02 AM
My billing address is correct, AND I reported the charges to my bank both before and after charging them, so if I ever get banned I'll know it wasn't because of CC fraud.

Miyoko
Jul 25, 2012, 02:03 AM
I thought people were just using their regular billing adresses when getting AC? Wasn't it just registering for your segaID that it was an issue?

goldwing
Jul 25, 2012, 02:03 AM
Sorry to say but fraud is lie deception etc. So op is right. Fraud isnt always stealing its abit more than that. And i was ninjaed lol

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 02:04 AM
I see the topic OP hasn't been banned for trolling still...

sugarFO
Jul 25, 2012, 02:05 AM
Um whatever. JP PSU took my money just fine and I think I had to put a JP address too. I used a Tenso address, and all the rest of my information (name on card in romaji, kana, and hiragana) all match up.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:06 AM
I used a legitimate, real address that belongs to me-- not a false address. I also reported the charges I was going to make to the fraud department of my credit card company and my bank, just in case-- before and after. There definitely would not be any fraud going on.

LK1721
Jul 25, 2012, 02:07 AM
Um whatever. JP PSU took my money just fine and I think I had to put a JP address too. I used a Tenso address, and all the rest of my information (name on card in romaji, kana, and hiragana) all match up.
I did this ^

Along with this, PSUJP had some people using SEGA HQ's address for years without a single problem.

Retehi
Jul 25, 2012, 02:07 AM
I see the topic OP hasn't been banned for trolling still...

If it were that easy, the PSO2 forum would be the slowest forum here next to PSU.

Xaeris
Jul 25, 2012, 02:08 AM
The site doesn't even ask for your card's billing address. The address you're supplying is unrelated (which is why it's entered on another page altogether). Methinks the OP is just out to rustle some jimmies.

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 02:09 AM
The site doesn't even ask for your card's billing address. The address you're supplying is unrelated (which is why it's entered on another page altogether). Methinks the OP is just out to rustle some jimmies.

'S all she has done since she signed up for this forum.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:12 AM
The site doesn't even ask for your card's billing address. The address you're supplying is unrelated (which is why it's entered on another page altogether). Methinks the OP is just out to rustle some jimmies.I can rustle my own jimmy, thanks.

Halcyote
Jul 25, 2012, 02:12 AM
oh boy another one of these threads how original

witty commentary chap

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 02:14 AM
I don't see how it could harm anyone at all, or if this could ever happen. Fraud involves like, stealing in some way
address is nothing

Well just sayin I've been hearing alot lately about people that have yet to see the charges, even 3 weeks later after 'buying' their AC. Sounds like cases of morons putting the wrong billing address, and the account refusing the charges but they somehow got their AC anyway. So technically that AC was kind of stolen since they have not paid for it. They were asked to put the proper billing info during the transaction and they did not, so the blame and the consequences are on the user, not on Sega for this issue.

You think Segas gonna not notice people have gotten AC while not getting those charges from said people? Seems to be happening with quite a few people and you'd have to be naive to not think that once segas accounting dept takes a look at whats going on with these amiss transactions and sees a pattern that they wont flat out ban all the users who broke the TOU and entered fraudulent info.

I'm sure this topics going to be met with grade school logic of 'Oh they dont mind, they just will look the other way because they're getting money'

Well no, that's not how businesses work in real life kids, and two, they AREN'T getting the money for the service rendered in alot of cases apparently so uh yeah....to assume this is going to end well for the folks that used this method is a bit shortsighted just sayin

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 02:16 AM
to assume this is going to end well for the folks that used this method is a bit shortsighted just sayin

Must have missed the posts that said they did it on JP PSU for years and didn't have anything happen.

Xaeris
Jul 25, 2012, 02:16 AM
They see me trollin'.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 02:17 AM
I used a legitimate, real address that belongs to me-- not a false address. I also reported the charges I was going to make to the fraud department of my credit card company and my bank, just in case-- before and after. There definitely would not be any fraud going on.

Why are you even responding then. Did you read the OP? This topic is about people that were using SEGAS JAPAN HQ address of all things

This doesn't even apply to you

GoldenFalcon
blah blah I'm a poor troll

I'd like to point out that a billing address is never really important for online transactions, and that isn't even a billing address that they ask for.

Dan Maku
Must have missed the posts that said they did it on JP PSU for years and didn't have anything happen.

'S because she's illiterate. Try as you might, you can't fix stupid. :-?

ellu
Jul 25, 2012, 02:18 AM
Pure conjecture.

Xaeris
Jul 25, 2012, 02:20 AM
Conjecture implies an actual interest in being correct.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:21 AM
Why are you even responding then. Did you read the OP? This topic is about people that were using SEGAS JAPAN HQ address of all things

This doesn't even apply to youBecause PSOw. Also, to rustle your jimmy. Mine was getting boring.

Xaeris
Jul 25, 2012, 02:24 AM
Because PSOw. Also, to rustle your jimmy. Mine was getting boring.

You should switch to your left hand then.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:26 AM
Not enough separation. Just can't get into it. 1/10 feeling, really.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 02:32 AM
I'd like to point out that a billing address is never really important for online transactions, and that isn't even a billing address that they ask for.

Because you can read japanese, right?

Because if you could, you wouldn't of missed this when trying to buy AC

※登録された情報が虚偽の個人情報であった場合、SEGA ID登録を停止させていただく場合もございますのでご注意ください。

Did PSU have a bunch of cases of people getting their AC and never seeing the charges? If not, that examples moot and does not apply sorry.

Getting away with something violating the TOU because no one had a reason to notice, and getting away with something breaking the TOU when a large issue like non payment brings attention to a large handful of users all using the same sega hq address, are two very different things

Trolling, are you daft? Really? The troll was the person who got you all to do something as dumb as use SEGAS OWN COMPANY ADDRESS. Of all the residential addresses in japan one could use, who in their right minds would think its a good idea, to pick the ONE address they would immediately recognize as false??

All i'm saying, is that if you used this method, and you have yet to be formally charged for AC you bought in this manner, already got it and used the AC,and its been weeks, don't get too attached to your account.

Arika
Jul 25, 2012, 02:35 AM
I m not sure what they ask for new SEGA account nowadays.

But as PSU JP players who had account since that time. I never need to put in "billing address" Only need to put it "home address" which can use any place, they won't check it.

As for transaction in my case, they only asked me the credit card number and name of the credit card holder + security code. That is all. then it is charged and good to go.

So if the formula they ask you to fill in is still using the same as when I did, then I can see no possible of people getting banned that way. Since it is not billing address. it is just home address that not related to billing.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 02:35 AM
Because you can read japanese, right?

Because if you could, you wouldn't of missed this when trying to buy AC

※登録された情報が虚偽の個人情報であった場合、SEGA ID登録を停止させていただく場合もございますのでご注意ください。

I was talking about the whole "billing address not letting the transaction complete"
which is unrelated to what you posted

We're going to get the charges pushed and completed on August 1st anyway, so it doesn't really matter

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 02:36 AM
People said that about Guardians Cash, too. They were wrong.

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 02:39 AM
Trolling, are you daft?

Nope. All you've ever done since you came here is start shit. That's textbook trolling.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 02:41 AM
I was talking about the whole "billing address not letting the transaction complete"
which is unrelated to what you posted

We're going to get the charges pushed and completed on August 1st anyway, so it doesn't really matter

I'm referring to people that used the sega hq address, charged the AC to their credit cards, and its been weeks and they have not been charged, there's not even 'pending transactions' for it. Yet they got the AC and already used it.

You honestly don't seem to know what I'm talking about

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 02:44 AM
I'm referring to people that used the sega hq address, charged the AC to their credit cards, and its been weeks and they have not been charged, there's not even 'pending transactions' for it. Yet they got the AC and already used it.

I like how you keep responding to me

But, a while ago, like, July 1st while ago, people said that they are using the same system as PSU, where they push the charge on the first day of the next month
Give us a week before you post this argument again, really

Disastorm
Jul 25, 2012, 02:44 AM
Does the sega site ever actually say that its using your account's address as the billing address? On the credit card info page there is no place to put a billing address and there is no checkmark to tell it to use your account's address as the billing address. also on the confirmation page there is no mention of an address.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 02:48 AM
Does the sega site ever actually say that its using your account's address as the billing address? On the credit card info page there is no place to put a billing address and there is no checkmark to tell it to use your account's address as the billing address. also on the confirmation page there is no mention of an address.

Lots of relevant info that completely invalidates everything Gamer is saying is being posted in the other thread

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 02:49 AM
I like how you keep responding to me

But, a while ago, like, July 1st while ago, people said that they are using the same system as PSU, where they push the charge on the first day of the next month
Give us a week before you post this argument again, really

I don't need to give you a week because some users have already been charged right away, and some haven't been charged at all period. Its an issue on the user end, it has nothing to do with sega sorry

Like i said, you don't know what you're talking about in regard to this

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 02:52 AM
some users have already been charged right away

prooflol

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 03:07 AM
prooflol

http://i.imgur.com/DeU2Z.png

PROOFLOL

"Visa Debit.

Confirmed to be charged shortly after putting order through."

http://boards.4chan.org/vg/res/10203456#p10303721

Did someone use SoJs address and not get billed yet for AC they already used? You sure do sound defensive, I hope you don't end up losing your account :-)

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 03:17 AM
PROOFLOL

"Visa Debit.

The same thing happened to me, yet they removed it from my pending charge list automatically since they never pushed it. So, no, that isn't proof of it being pushed. Notice the date

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 03:18 AM

I don't think you do either.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 03:20 AM
The same thing happened to me, yet they removed it from my pending charge list automatically since they never pushed it. So, no, that isn't proof of it being pushed. Notice the date

The date is todays date, and the user said confirmed charges, not pending charges

His charges went through fully

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 03:21 AM
The date is todays date, and the user said confirmed charges, not pending charges

His charges went through fully

Give it time.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 03:28 AM
Well look whatever, people can call it trolling but seems these days on forums when over defensive people hear something that might affect them thats unpleasant to their ears, its automatically trolling.

I'm just saying it was pretty dumb for a large group of people to all use the same address, sega of japans address no less, when the form it self says you can get your account terminated for putting false info.

How funny would it be if the players getting people banned are simply reporting them in the wicked user form for entering false address info (which is a violation of the TOU, you're even told this when entering the info) because they saw from these forums all the people that openly said they did this?

Lol just sayin it was a bad idea to all use one address, its gonna come back to bite you in the ass one way or another

Macman
Jul 25, 2012, 03:31 AM
All you people jumping down OP's throat for bringing up a valid hypothesis is kind of sad.
It almost feels like a self-defense mechanism because he's pointing out a possibility that could very well apply to them in the future.

Just glad I didn't care to buy any AC yet. Time will tell what exactly is going on behind the scenes.

Mystil
Jul 25, 2012, 03:36 AM
Doesn't matter.

Can probably use your real address, if they don't have it set up where it has to match your card info.

Your bank might question these foreign transactions and freeze your card due to suspicion of fraudulent activity, to which you have to call them(or they call you) to confirm. This happened to me when I traveled to Europe last year.

LightBreaker
Jul 25, 2012, 03:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DeU2Z.png

PROOFLOL

"Visa Debit.

http://boards.4chan.org/vg/res/10203456#p10303721

Did someone use SoJs address and not get billed yet for AC they already used? You sure do sound defensive, I hope you don't end up losing your account :-)

Confirmed how? The person who posted that shot is having the same exact issue as everyone else. As soon as the purchase is made it goes straight to pending until dropping off all together after a week or so.

The question here should be why this person blacked out the type of purchase? If it was truly charged to their account there would be no reason to black it out.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 03:50 AM
Also it doesn't show that the payment is confirmed and completed, only that the charges were authorized and the amount was $12.53.

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 03:53 AM
Well clearly that's the part he blocked out. It's uninportant, derp.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 03:58 AM
Well, if it's JPMorgan Chase, then the date on the left immediately confirms the charge was successful and the part he blocked out says POS DEBIT. However, that doesn't mean that everyone else is screwed. There are many potential reasons for that.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 04:00 AM
Usually if someone blacks something out, its because theres account sensitive information in the blacked out region

Maybe I dunno....his statements display charges in a format where something account sensitive was in that area, that he understandably does not trust the entire internet with? You know, just a thought guys.

Also I should note that the part of the discussion that I linked with said Image in it, the users are trying to compile information to determine why some users have not yet been charged, and if anyone has definitely gotten confirmed charges (as in completed) right away using a specific card.

Hence that guys post. His charges went all the way through. Please stop seeing what you wanna see guys.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 04:03 AM
Like I said, if it's JPMorgan Chase he blocked out something completely irrelevant because the pending charges in my account say "POS DEBIT" in the area he censored.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 04:07 AM
Yeah... I don't really see how I could get banned for "fraud" since I paid for a product, they took money for said product, but it didn't go through. I mean, that would be like paying for a pizza over the phone with a valid credit card number, then the guy delivering it to your house, only to come back and find that the funds didn't transfer properly.

You really think he's going to come back to your house to get the money? It's not your fault it didn't go through. The pizza guy shouldn't have released the food until the money went through. That's how it's supposed to work.

So yeah, if I get banned over Sega derping on their end with the money transfer, that would be pretty silly.

Aewyn
Jul 25, 2012, 04:11 AM
If it gets to August 1st and I haven't been charged then I will assume there is a problem. Until then, I know my address has nothing to do with it. It would have everything to do with factors out of my control.

CelestialBlade
Jul 25, 2012, 04:27 AM
People might respect your opinion if you didn't always come off as a complete condescending jackass about it, OP. There's a reason all of your threads end up like this.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 04:29 AM
Yeah... I don't really see how I could get banned for "fraud" since I paid for a product, they took money for said product, but it didn't go through. I mean, that would be like paying for a pizza over the phone with a valid credit card number, then the guy delivering it to your house, only to come back and find that the funds didn't transfer properly.

You really think he's going to come back to your house to get the money? It's not your fault it didn't go through. The pizza guy shouldn't have released the food until the money went through. That's how it's supposed to work.

So yeah, if I get banned over Sega derping on their end with the money transfer, that would be pretty silly.

I agree it would be somewhat silly, but if Sega gave you the AC or services, you used them, yet Sega somehow didn't get your payment (probably due to a transaction issue with you not being in the country, which they state you have to be to make said purchase in the first place) Then they are kind of justified in banning any accounts that had transaction issues due to the payments originating outside of the country which is breaking their terms to begin with.

In any case I do have a friend in my guild that recently bought the 90 day premium set, she already has the stuff, we've been in her room and all. Next time shes on i'll ask her the specifics and see how her situation went with the charges and such, whether they went through or if they are only pending etc.

I can only hope that getting someone banned isn't as easy as using the wicked user form and putting "This user lives outside of japan which can be verified by their IP address, and has bought AC with a false address which violates the TOU". Cuz uh yeah....9 out of 10 people here parade their characters around unlike other forums, have pics of their characters in their sigs with the characters name and the whole deal so it'd be easy for trouble makers to track you down and get your player card ID numbers. You guys are gonna be fish in a barrel to the kids getting folks banned if they ban people based on such a report. I Hope for your sakes they dont :-?

Polly
Jul 25, 2012, 05:06 AM
I'm gonna laugh if FARTS!

*contributing*

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 05:10 AM
I agree it would be somewhat silly, but if Sega gave you the AC or services, you used them, yet Sega somehow didn't get your payment (probably due to a transaction issue with you not being in the country, which they state you have to be to make said purchase in the first place) Then they are kind of justified in banning any accounts that had transaction issues due to the payments originating outside of the country which is breaking their terms to begin with.

Eh... I'd be really surprised if SoJ wasn't aware of there being foreign players buying AC and playing the game. We already broke their terms when we registered. I'd be willing to bet they know this already.

They could simply rectify the situation with an I.P. ban, but I doubt they will. The same could be said for this AC situation. They're not going to ban you for being a foreigner purchasing AC, even though it clearly states you're not allowed to buy it outside of the country. Sure, they have every right to, but eh... they've had every right to since day 1.

I don't see why they would start now *shrugs*

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 05:17 AM
Eh... I'd be really surprised if SoJ wasn't aware of there being foreign players buying AC and playing the game. We already broke their terms when we registered. I'd be willing to bet they know this already.

They could simply rectify the situation with an I.P. ban, but I doubt they will. The same could be said for this AC situation. They're not going to ban you for being a foreigner purchasing AC, even though it clearly states you're not allowed to buy it outside of the country. Sure, they have every right to, but eh... they've had every right to since day 1.

I don't see why they would start now *shrugs*

Last I heard, they removed the 'Japan only for registering to play' part of the TOU during one of the betas.

However, the 'Only japanese residents can purchase AC' still IS in the terms.

I just wouldnt of purchased the dumb AC, the room and all the crap isnt worth possibly losing your account over if they happen to enforce it if someone reports users on it or something (dunno if they do, but again if they do its gonna suck for you guys)

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 05:22 AM
Last I heard, they removed the 'Japan only for registering to play' part of the TOU during one of the betas.

I just wouldnt of purchased the dumb AC, the room and all the crap isnt worth possibly losing your account over if they happen to enforce it if someone reports users on it or something (dunno if they do, but again if they do its gonna suck for you guys)

I see. Well, I don't know how the hell someone could report something like that since it involves personal information. If someone has access to your credit card information and knows what you are or aren't buying, I think you've got more problems to worry about than someone getting your account banned on PSO2.

jmanx
Jul 25, 2012, 05:35 AM
way to masturbate

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 05:36 AM
I see. Well, I don't know how the hell someone could report something like that since it involves personal information. If someone has access to your credit card information and knows what you are or aren't buying, I think you've got more problems to worry about than someone getting your account banned on PSO2.

I would say its easy enough for trouble maker kids to figure it out, like I said you guys parade your characters around in your sigs with their identifying details, your ship and blocks are well known, they can easily search you on visiphone and see if you have a room TO access or if you have myshop and thereby easily know if you purchased premium items etc

All I can say is that on a forum/community thats always been picked on by 'hackers', it was fairly stupid to continue to be flaunty people with all your info, specially info like 'I have premium I have this and that look at my character' etc on public forums that anyone can easily access, for a game that has specific terms of use that prohibit foreigners from purchasing said premium items, and says any false info can lead to account termination. After so many run ins with trouble makers in all these games you would of thought you guys would learn some 'street smarts' per say and keep info that could get you banned, to yourselves. I dunno. Sucks for you guys, I guess.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 05:43 AM
I would say its easy enough for trouble maker kids to figure it out, like I said you guys parade your characters around in your sigs with their identifying details, your ship and blocks are well known, they can easily search you on visiphone and see if you have a room TO access or if you have myshop and thereby easily know if you purchased premium items etc

All I can say is that on a forum/community thats always been picked on by 'hackers', it was fairly stupid to continue to be flaunty people with all your info, specially info like 'I have premium I have this and that look at my character' etc on public forums that anyone can easily access, for a game that has specific terms of use that prohibit foreigners from purchasing said premium items, and says any false info can lead to account termination. After so many run ins with trouble makers in all these games you would of thought you guys would learn some 'street smarts' per say and keep info that could get you banned, to yourselves. I dunno. Sucks for you guys, I guess.

Sounds to me like you're just wanting an excuse to piss in our cereal. If we get banned, fine. Until then, keep your negative comments to yourself. If it finally happens, then you can make a thread telling us all, "I told you so", but right now... I don't see how it's productive of you to go around telling people how they should behave.

I don't put my character information in my signature to "flaunt" anything. I do it because I have friends on the game and to meet new people. I've met a few guys through PSO2 that recognized me because of my signature on here. If I get banned for how I try to meet new people in an online game, then so be it.

We could all be secretive like you, Mr. X, but I just honestly don't see the fun in that. Especially since it's a game that thrives on its community. So, you go ahead and sit on the sidelines laughing at those putting their info out in the open. We'll be over here enjoying the ride, for however long it may last.

Now enough of your doomsday talk :P

Subject Delta
Jul 25, 2012, 05:44 AM
People have been using fake addresses to play a JP version of Phantasy Star since PSO:BB so no this is not why people are getting banned.

Husq
Jul 25, 2012, 05:45 AM

It really depends on the company who process the transaction, and it is not SoJ who does it. It is probably a japanese bank, and if they don't agree with the details, or if their system detect this as invalid, the payment won't be processed. If your credit card was not charged yet, it means the goods have not been paid.
But yeah I don't see sega banning people, if anything your credit card might be frozen in the worst case, as one side might report it as being illegal used.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 25, 2012, 05:51 AM
But you can get a my shop and my room pass in fun scratch, so umm?

Retehi
Jul 25, 2012, 05:53 AM
HEY GUYS I PLAY ANGRY BIRDS ON MY IPAD ARENT I COOL

jooozek
Jul 25, 2012, 06:03 AM
But you can get a my shop and my room pass in fun scratch, so umm?

That is if you ever get lucky to get those passes in the scratches. For me, its all grinders and synthesizers every scratch.

ScottyMango
Jul 25, 2012, 06:21 AM
Lol this is so ridiculous. "But somehow they got their AC anyway?"

CelestialBlade
Jul 25, 2012, 06:24 AM
HEY GUYS I PLAY ANGRY BIRDS ON MY IPAD ARENT I COOL
Dude, you aren't all up in Angry Birds SPACE? YOUR COOLNESS AIN'T OUTTA THIS WORLD

AC9breaker
Jul 25, 2012, 07:21 AM
Am I the only who feels that everyone in this thread is giving Sega to much credit? I feel like Sega is too inept to even realize such a situation is occurring and their actions are about as random as my erections in public places.

Ranmaru
Jul 25, 2012, 08:04 AM
We can use tenso for an address. Problem solved, gamerx. Also used webmoney.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 08:56 AM
Am I the only who feels that everyone in this thread is giving Sega to much credit? I feel like Sega is too inept to even realize such a situation is occurring and their actions are about as random as my erections in public places.

Considering the fact they have chat logs saved on their end (as well as our own) which has a ton of English being displayed on Ship 2 in block 20, I wouldn't say I'm giving them too much credit at all. They also have our I.P. addresses logged. A monkey could look at the I.P. range and go, "This isn't even in our country", lol.

This is so obvious, yes, even Sega would pick up on it. Much like PSU, PSO:BB, etc. though, I seriously doubt they will take action this time either. It's no surprise to them that their franchise has foreign fans and those fans will find ways to play.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 25, 2012, 10:51 AM
If it were that easy, the PSO2 forum would be the slowest forum here next to PSU.

and retehi would barely post

retehi only posts in lol threads so he can make quick one liners and leave his great signature pic

i like seeing him post so i'm happy

on topic

i don't see them banning us simply because we're gaijins if the money they get from us is legit.

Zeota
Jul 25, 2012, 11:04 AM
That doesn't stop Capcom and other operators from shutting us out. Though they get plenty from us thanks to the 65535 re-hashes of Street Fighter games.

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
That doesn't stop Capcom and other operators from shutting us out. Though they get plenty from us thanks to the 65535 re-hashes of Street Fighter games.

Well, yeah, but that's Capcom. They're pants-on-head retarded compared to Sega.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/RiNDE.png[/spoiler-box]

Alenoir
Jul 25, 2012, 12:01 PM

Um, which part of the TOS says that, other than them asking for a Japanese home address?

oifjustus
Jul 25, 2012, 12:09 PM
There is no billing address. My payments went through just fine and were deducted from my balance right after purchase. But I also have a military bank account that is used to seeing transactions from around the world.

Vintasticvin
Jul 25, 2012, 12:44 PM
Did Gamer X run out of material after eights pages of posting? Weeeeeak.

Mikura
Jul 25, 2012, 01:12 PM
I honestly believe people that have purchased AC are fine. I'd be more worried if they asked for your billing address when you put in your CC info, but they don't. And even if they have every right to ban you for falsifying your home address, I don't expect them to act upon that right. Why piss away potential revenue from foreigners like that?

Not to mention considering how few of us there really are compared to the VAST majority of Japanese players, is it even worth pursuing us just because we fibbed on our home address, which has absolutely NO baring whatsoever on how we pay them? I sincerely doubt it.

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 02:14 PM
Did Gamer X run out of material after eights pages of posting? Weeeeeak.

Does he ever even have material that isn't either knocking on ship 2 or something to the extent of "baka gaijin don't you know that you shouldn't <blank>?"

I mean, I was going to get into all the online sites and services where I put in my home address but use a friend's or family's card, but then I figured...it's gamerx, fuck it. Logic is no good here.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
Does he ever even have material that isn't either knocking on ship 2 or something to the extent of "baka gaijin don't you know that you shouldn't <blank>?"

"New classes are dewman hunter, dewman ranger.... arguing with me shows how you can't see the facts and that you're in denial" etc.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 04:04 PM
"New classes are dewman hunter, dewman ranger.... arguing with me shows how you can't see the facts and that you're in denial" etc.

Yup I totally said that :-P

Anyway I wasn't trying to use this topic to say "I totally hope you guise git bann'd!" It was more that, since you're (the psow community) are always the main target of code kiddies and griefer types, in EVERY online PS game, that its going to be even more embarrassing if they can also get you banned with silly technicalities you could of avoided had you not gone the lazy and not very well though out route of using Segas own hq address instead of say a tenso address. And thats outside of the actual CC payment issue thats been cropping up. Think I kind of said as much in the OP but defensive people want to make it about trolling or whatever.

Well have fun figuring out your banning issues guys, apparently i'm just a troll so i'll just keep any other findings regarding the CC issues to myself

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 25, 2012, 04:07 PM

Anyway I wasn't trying to use this topic to say "I totally hope you guise git bann'd!" It was more that, since you're (the psow community) are always the main target of code kiddies and griefer types, in EVERY online PS game, that its going to be even more embarrassing if they can also get you banned with silly technicalities you could of avoided had you not gone the lazy and not very well though out route of using Segas own hq address instead of say a tenso address. And thats outside of the actual CC payment issue thats been cropping up. Think I kind of said as much in the OP but defensive people want to make it about trolling or whatever.

Well have fun figuring out your banning issues guys, apparently i'm just a troll so i'll just keep any other findings regarding the CC issues to myself

lol i dont think it's trolling i just don't think sega gives a shit so long as payments don't bounce and they actually get money they can use from us.

it's a somewhat valid point that i'm sure some agree with, but i just don't see them banning over this if they're gaining money either way, since that's all that matters.

it's all about the benjamins

Kirukia
Jul 25, 2012, 04:19 PM
It was more that, since you're (the psow community) are always the main target of code kiddies and griefer types, in EVERY online PS game, that its going to be even more embarrassing if they can also get you banned with silly technicalities you could of avoided had you not gone the lazy and not very well though out route of using Segas own hq address instead of say a tenso address. And thats outside of the actual CC payment issue thats been cropping up.

How do you not understand why people are calling you a troll. You basically just admitted to making this thread to rub bans in people's faces because you think what they did was "lazy and embarrassing" and saying you will laugh at them if you're correct. Then you provide flimsy evidence all the while telling people they don't know what they are talking about. It could very well be the reason for the bans, but making a thread to say that you're going to laugh in people's faces about it is point-blank trolling.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 04:45 PM
>I'm gonna laugh if some of these new bannings were due to CC fraud

You don't even have to read what he posts in the thread. His choice of making this the thread title speaks volumes about him as a person. I don't have much respect for someone who says he will laugh when someone gets banned (unless it's a hacker that gets banned, but even that isn't really lulz worthy... it's more of a, "good riddance", imo).

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 05:32 PM
>I'm gonna laugh if some of these new bannings were due to CC fraud

You don't even have to read what he posts in the thread. His choice of making this the thread title speaks volumes about him as a person. I don't have much respect for someone who says he will laugh when someone gets banned (unless it's a hacker that gets banned, but even that isn't really lulz worthy... it's more of a, "good riddance", imo).

Yeah sorry it's not trolling to say I would laugh. Entitled western kids ignoring a TOU because they want what they want when they want it, and buying AC when its already been said one of the reasons we can't have global servers is due to legal technicalities between japan selling scratch items (which could be viewed as gambling in the US, and you cant gamble unless you're 21) is just dumb on the users part and they should know better. To assume Sega or any company would take your money instead of enforcing a policy that helps them prevent lawsuits that would cost them a whole lot more money, is just naive.

I doubt they have the time or money to comb through every account to check for false addresses and actively seek out users outside of japan that are buying the AC, but to assume they wouldn't enforce their own policies if someone reports a user regarding them, is just stupid and yes I would laugh if someone gets banned for breaking rules they knew of in advance. Thats not trolling, thats laughing at people that should of known better but ignored common sense because they feel risking their account which might have hundreds of hours on it, for something stupid like a wedding dress or Yukata, is worth it.

Just sayin

(Edit: And if you did decide to buy AC, at the very least the last thing you want to do is use Segas own HQ address. At least TRY to keep it discreet. Using their own address is pretty much insulting their own intelligence, and saying to them 'you're too stupid to notice so who cares'.)

ScottyMango
Jul 25, 2012, 05:35 PM
'so basically what i'm saying is, i'm not actually trolling, i'm just trolling'

pikachief
Jul 25, 2012, 05:51 PM
i hope its not CC issues. They still have yet to charge my account for the AC I bought a week ago. I'm using the same address info that i used for years on JP PSU too and they never had a problem with that.

Oh well I hope it gets charged soon so I can stop thinking I have more money than I actually have, and that it wont get me banned.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 05:52 PM
'so basically what i'm saying is, i'm not actually trolling, i'm just trolling'

Sure, whatever you say

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 05:56 PM
i hope its not CC issues. They still have yet to charge my account for the AC I bought a week ago. I'm using the same address info that i used for years on JP PSU too and they never had a problem with that.

Oh well I hope it gets charged soon so I can stop thinking I have more money than I actually have, and that it wont get me banned.

Thats another issue with the odd issue of the late charges. If users havent noticed it, and assume they were already charged and happen to have nothing in their account or not enough if and when the charges DO go through, it could put their account in jeopardy because of non payment issues.

I dunno, just seems like this particular method of getting AC was not a great idea due to the complications.

Vintasticvin
Jul 25, 2012, 06:04 PM

Anyway I wasn't trying to use this topic to say "I totally hope you guise git bann'd!" It was more that, since you (the psow community) are always the main target of code kiddies and griefer types, in EVERY online PS game, that its going to be even more embarrassing if they can also get you banned with silly technicalities you could of avoided had you not gone the lazy and not very well though out route of using Segas own hq address instead of say a tenso address. And thats outside of the actual CC payment issue thats been cropping up. Think I kind of said as much in the OP but defensive people want to make it about trolling or whatever.

The parts I highlighted in bold were what should have been your first post that might have prevented the crazed mob from comming at you with pitchforks and torches I will admit you are quite rude at time but I agree with you this round. The ones who used sega's address and got banned had it comming and should have been smarter about it ^_^ also thanks letting us know we are targeted by others. Im curious why =/ Maybe you could share this knowledge as to why we are targeted?

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 06:08 PM
The parts I highlighted in bold were what should have been your first post that might have prevented the crazed mob from comming at you with pitchforks and torches I will admit you are quite rude at time but I agree with you this round. The ones who used sega's address and got banned had it comming and should have been smarter about it ^_^ also thanks letting us know we are targeted by others. Im curious why =/ Maybe you could share this knowledge as to why we are targeted?

This is the only community I see giving the 'hackers' way too much attention (which is why they do it in the first place). People like broomop seem to go way back with you guys

Only reason I can think of tbh

NoiseHERO
Jul 25, 2012, 06:09 PM
I laugh at other people's expense when too, but I don't brag about it and rub it in their faces to feel better about myself because they're SOOOOOOO much dumber than me for getting punished for a mistake so small and simple.

I'm sure it's cool to laugh at people who need iron lungs because they used to smoke too... But you'll just be a dick laughing about it in public... /shifty eyes o_o;;

To be fair, though. You really are putting your account at risk doing this, at least if you have common sense or ENOUGH common sense to use Ric's guide. But I'm sure the smarter person won't really care if they found out it was the cause of their ban. "Hey I knew what could happen, guess I fucked up, just a game. Start over or take a break or quit."

So you're still not allowed to laugh in their face unless they whined about it. That's the un-written rule of being cooler than someone that did something dumb without sounding like a douche about it.

Question: did anyone REALLY get banned over this? Or is this just 9 pages of a reaction to one guy talking shi-smack?

edit: Also yeah people overreact just to the WORD hacker around here... Sure most of the time it's justified... But "hackers" generally eat that shit up like fat black chicks and cat fish.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah sorry it's not trolling to say I would laugh.

I never said that part was the trolling part. I just find that to be disrespectful. Don't you have something better to do with your time than to laugh at the misfortune of others?

Entitled western kids ignoring a TOU because they want what they want when they want it, and buying AC when its already been said one of the reasons we can't have global servers is due to legal technicalities between japan selling scratch items (which could be viewed as gambling in the US, and you cant gamble unless you're 21) is just dumb on the users part and they should know better. To assume Sega or any company would take your money instead of enforcing a policy that helps them prevent lawsuits that would cost them a whole lot more money, is just naive.

Oh, right. It's not as if they completely ignored the "Western kids" when they were playing on their servers before during PSO, PSO:BB, PSU, etc.

Oh wait

You obviously have no idea how money works, bro.

I doubt they have the time or money to comb through every account to check for false addresses and actively seek out users outside of japan that are buying the AC, but to assume they wouldn't enforce their own policies if someone reports a user regarding them, is just stupid and yes I would laugh if someone gets banned for breaking rules they knew of in advance. Thats not trolling, thats laughing at people that should of known better but ignored common sense because they feel risking their account which might have hundreds of hours on it, for something stupid like a wedding dress or Yukata, is worth it.

They have more than enough time, money, and resources to comb through all of that. That's what being a company is all about... being thorough. They. Just. Don't. Care. If they did, this situation would have been rectified in the first week.

They don't really care where the money comes from though as long as they are getting it. It's a Free to Play online game. You really think they're going to bother wasting resources to go on a witch hunt for all of these foreigners? Just because they have the manpower doesn't mean they will use it.

So yeah. I guess we should have "known better" than to buy AC for something "stupid" like a Wedding Dress or Yukata, but history has proven that SoJ more than likely isn't going to do shit and most of us were willing to bet on that.

(Edit: And if you did decide to buy AC, at the very least the last thing you want to do is use Segas own HQ address. At least TRY to keep it discreet. Using their own address is pretty much insulting their own intelligence, and saying to them 'you're too stupid to notice so who cares'.)

Once again... THEY. DON'T. CARE. When are you going to get that through your thick head? They are fully aware they have 50+ people listed as living in the basement of Sega of Japan Headquarters and they haven't chosen to do shit about it. Why? Read back over what I've already told you and take a look at their history.

You may see it insulting their intelligence, but hey, when they keep the doors open for everyone and anyone, what do you expect us to do? There's no sense in making things harder than they have to be. We have proven time after time again that using their own address or a local food chain address works, so why not use it? As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Just sayin

LK1721
Jul 25, 2012, 06:13 PM
I laugh at other people's expense when too, but I don't brag about it and rub it in their faces to feel better about myself because they're SOOOOOOO much dumber than me for getting punished for a mistake so small and simple.

I'm sure it's cool to laugh at people who need iron lungs because they used to smoke too... But you'll just be a dick laughing about it in public... /shifty eyes o_o;;

To be fair, though. You really are putting your account at risk doing this, at least if you have common sense or ENOUGH common sense to use Ric's guide. But I'm sure the smarter person won't really care if they found out it was the cause of their ban. "Hey I knew what could happen, guess I fucked up, just a game. Start over or take a break or quit."

So you're still not allowed to laugh in their face unless they whined about it. That's the un-written rule of being cooler than someone that did something dumb without sounding like a douche about it.

Question: did anyone REALLY get banned over this? Or is this just 9 pages of a reaction to one guy talking shi-smack?

edit: Also yeah people overreact just to the WORD hacker around here... Sure most of the time it's justified... But "hackers" generally eat that shit up like fat black chicks and cat fish.
Answer to your question: Mostly just reactions and a few verbal fist fights in between with trying to prove a point of who is right or wrong. The usual.

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 06:14 PM
Considering this thread was started by GAMER-X, who does nothing but troll, and that this thread thus has nothing of value whatsoever, I think we can safely assume this thread has served its purpose, and posting here anymore would be violating a horse carcass.

'Tis my last post in this thread. I shan't reply again here.

Vintasticvin
Jul 25, 2012, 06:37 PM
This is the only community I see giving the 'hackers' way too much attention (which is why they do it in the first place). People like broomop seem to go way back with you guys

Only reason I can think of tbh

Yeah, he seems to got a history with the forums and I'm gonna have to agree with you again on the giving Hackers celebrity like attention =/ Then again isnt it natural to be shitting bricks like that? :) And thanks for the answer its amazing what being civilized and giving someone that is branded "evil" a chance :P