PDA

View Full Version : what's with the drilling missions not ending right after you complete 2/2?

GrieverXVII
Jul 25, 2012, 05:43 AM
this really annoyed me tonight, we were doing a Client Order which wanted us to "S-Rank on hard mode the mine excavation mission in the desert in 22 minutes or less". So we completed the mission and got 2/2 drills completed with 21:10 into the mission...but the drills still had another 1:05 till it was over, when it finished it didn't even count our completion under 22 mins, that waste of 1:05 mins doing nothing brought us past 22mins and made us fail the client order! why!? D<

that stupid drill is the only mission that doesn't complete once you hit 2/2, instead it makes you wait...and i understand it's so then people can farm the drills for items...but come on that's just bad design when they thought about this CO in combination with this mission. of course we learned our lesson and completed it but still wasted 30 mins which shouldn't of been. But i still love this game :)

so for anyone who hasn't yet, any mission that requires you to drill near the end, take into consideration that the drill timer DOES affect your end-mission timer...don't learn the hard way.

Briss
Jul 25, 2012, 05:57 AM
It’s not like you’re not going to play every mission over and over again anyways, so the "hard way" isn’t exactly that hard.

Hrith
Jul 25, 2012, 06:49 AM
The timer stops when you have excavated all sites, it's rather logical...

IzzyData
Jul 25, 2012, 08:38 AM
The timer stops when you have excavated all sites, it's rather logical...

Well... kind of. But the quest "should" end when you have completed its objectives. Which usually is only 2 or 3 of them. However this isn't that big of a deal and you can just do it again.

BogusKun
Jul 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
The mission specifically stated that you need to have all of the drills done before the timer is finished, BUT have AT LEAST "some number out of the minimum" before the mission is over.

If you don't know Japanese then I would fully understand why you didn't understand in the first place ;)

GrieverXVII
Jul 25, 2012, 11:54 AM
The mission specifically stated that you need to have all of the drills done before the timer is finished, BUT have AT LEAST "some number out of the minimum" before the mission is over.

If you don't know Japanese then I would fully understand why you didn't understand in the first place ;)

Ah i see..thank you.