PDA

View Full Version : Have you been a victim of in-game racism?

Crimera
Jul 25, 2012, 09:22 AM
Personally, I have seen "CAST SUPREMACY" in all caps for almost half an hour one day. The guy was jumping around so much I could barely block him.

I haven't seen any Newmans or Humans (like myself) doing anything like that. Just Casts....

I'm curious though, why do they say that...? O.O

sugarFO
Jul 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
No one cares about us humans (T▽T)

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 09:24 AM
Because they're pizza-faced neckbeards that think choosing a certain, 'statistically-better' race for your character on a video game makes you cool, I guess.

Or they're trolling.

Or both.

I've seen that shit plenty, ever since PSU. It's hilarious to me how serious some of them actually take it. Most people that spam stuff like that are, as I said before, usually just trolling.

EDIT:

Hey, I care about Humans. We seem to be the least-played race (I think?).

Sizustar
Jul 25, 2012, 09:27 AM
Because they're pizza-faced neckbeards that think choosing a certain, 'statistically-better' race for your character on a video game makes you cool, I guess.

Or they're trolling.

Or both.

I've seen that shit plenty, ever since PSU. It's hilarious to me how serious some of them actually take it. Most people that spam stuff like that are, as I said before, usually just trolling.

EDIT:

Hey, I care about Humans. We seem to be the least-played race (I think?).

No, the least played race would be...
Male Newman....(Haven't met one ingame yet...)

BogusKun
Jul 25, 2012, 09:29 AM
I am a God, and as the only GOD in existence on PSO2 it is quite difficult for me. Everyone who hates my race and status always have something inconsiderate to say.

Things I hate seeing:
You are God, and I worship your greatness (I hear all of the time)

Things I love seeing:
You are NOT God, but you are so beautiful and God-Like.

It's either one or the other! I hate it!

Polly
Jul 25, 2012, 09:33 AM
George Bush doesn't care about elf people.

JeyKama
Jul 25, 2012, 09:33 AM
Kids that are abusive and hateful when there is no personal responsibility. Welcome to the internet, and why I won't have kids.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 25, 2012, 09:35 AM
Strangely enough, nobody seems to care that my Hunter's a Newman or that my Force is a Cast. I was expecting to get kicked from parties or something.

I may have experienced it when I played a Human in PSU, but that might have been a joke rather than actual min-maxer whining. Also,

NEWMAN SUPREMACY

Mystil
Jul 25, 2012, 09:39 AM
Strangely enough, nobody seems to care that my Hunter's a Newman or that my Force is a Cast. I was expecting to get kicked from parties or something.

I may have experienced it when I played a Human in PSU, but that might have been a joke rather than actual min-maxer whining. Also,

NEWMAN SUPREMACY

first of all

/THREAD

Secondly and seriously, I guess the point would be valid(for a short while til a Beast M shuts the casts up) but it doesn't really matter on PSO2.

Haven't seen any "racism" but then again, I haven't been in lobbies yet that have a lot of people talking(even block 20).

Quebe_Lae
Jul 25, 2012, 09:40 AM
In PSU, it was part of the plot. In PSO, Casts kinda had best? stats for hunter and ranger.

But pay it no mind. It's not like it's real racism. No one is going to hunt you down and kill you at night. Or kick you off the bus. Or prevent you from having a job. Or make you less likely to be promoted.

Yuicihi
Jul 25, 2012, 09:48 AM
Haha, the community is still doing that? Guess I can't be terribly surprised.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 25, 2012, 09:52 AM
In PSU, it was part of the plot. In PSO, Casts kinda had best? stats for hunter and ranger.

But pay it no mind. It's not like it's real racism. No one is going to hunt you down and kill you at night. Or kick you off the bus. Or prevent you from having a job. Or make you less likely to be promoted.

It'll be a sad (sad as in pathetic... but it would also be kinda tragic too... tragic in a pathetic way) day when a poor HUnewm gets denied entrance to a team because of his race. The fiasco will be even stupider than the bikini update thread.

drizzle
Jul 25, 2012, 09:53 AM
Buff me, Newman.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 09:55 AM
The fiasco will be even stupider than the bikini update thread.

That is quite the bold claim, sir.

DemonMike
Jul 25, 2012, 09:55 AM
No, the least played race would be...
Male Newman....(Haven't met one ingame yet...)

I play as a male newman, but newmans look so close to humans these days it's pretty hard to tell the difference.

Mainly chose the combination because I would mainly be playing either ranger or force and the possibility that all classes would eventually have access to some techs.

Back on topic though, I do find myself to be somewhat racist to NPC newmans, mainly because they are scum.

KEV1N
Jul 25, 2012, 09:57 AM
It's just a silly joke carried over from PSU's story mode. I've never actually seen anyone use it to insult another player...

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 25, 2012, 09:57 AM
That is quite the bold claim, sir.

No, I mean the argument that erupted about how bikinis would ruin the game forever that derailed the topic, not the bikinis themselves. Alas, I did not make that clear in my post.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 09:58 AM
It's just a silly joke carried over from PSU's story mode. I've never actually seen anyone use it to insult another player...

Oh, trust me, it's happened.

No, I mean the argument that erupted about how bikinis would ruin the game forever that derailed the topic, not the bikinis themselves. Alas, I did not make that clear in my post.

I know what you meant. My previous post still stands.

NoiseHERO
Jul 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
Newmans for Loli fetish

Casts for Giant-robo fetish

Humans for the Sensual fetish

Utterly Vile
Jul 25, 2012, 10:01 AM
Iv'e experienced that crap from both sides of the spectrum. Iv'e had the party leader boot me because I was playing my cast. And Iv'e had a party leader boot me because I would'nt divulge my actual race upon being asked. Iv'e even had some (fruit) boot me because I would'nt disclose my sexual oreintation..I mean come on!.... REALLY!...ITS A VIDEO GAME! Nothing actually suprises me any more.

Ranmaru
Jul 25, 2012, 10:02 AM
I am a human. Have seen the jokes and don't care. Im fine with whoever, human cast newman hunter ranger force. Also nothing wrong with humans and newmans dating.

NoiseHERO
Jul 25, 2012, 10:04 AM
Wait people take hat cast supremacy stuff seriously...?

I've seen PS fans get worked up over the dumbest things... from e-dating with e-trannies, to quitting the game over certain outfits being added...

BUT VIRTUAL RACISM TOO?!

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 25, 2012, 10:05 AM
Iv'e experienced that crap from both sides of the spectrum. Iv'e had the party leader boot me because I was playing my cast. And Iv'e had a party leader boot me because I would'nt divulge my actual race upon being asked. Iv'e even had some (fruit) boot me because I would'nt disclose my sexual oreintation..I mean come on!.... REALLY!...ITS A VIDEO GAME! Nothing actually suprises me any more.

Were you a FOcast, or were you booted for being a machine period?

Either way... My god. This exists.

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 10:20 AM
I have not...but still, CASTs have no souls. PURITY FIRST!!!

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 10:25 AM
Victim? I'm always the perpetrator. lol humans.

How's the weather down there? :wacko:

Chacron
Jul 25, 2012, 10:26 AM
I have not...but still, CASTs have no souls. PURITY FIRST!!!

No soul? I have soul! And I'm super bad.

In fact I've had plenty of souls in my time, however they taste horrible. Would not recommend.

HiOc
Jul 25, 2012, 10:27 AM
Newmans confirmed for master race.

Whit
Jul 25, 2012, 10:30 AM
One of my sources just forwarded me a copy of a rather intriguing document about Casts. In the remainder of this letter, I plan to summarize the contents of that document in an effort to expose injustice and puncture prejudice. To get immediately to the point, Casts uses the word "unconstitutionality" without ever having taken the time to look it up in the dictionary. Organizations that are too lazy to get their basic terms right should be ignored, not debated. It is disgraceful that, with a wink and a smile, Casts has signified its approval of cullionly spielers who plant strife and chaos.

Casts's musings sound so noble, but in fact bleeding-heart bribe-seekers often take earthworms or similar small animals and impale them on a pin to enjoy watching them twist and writhe as they slowly die. Similarly, Casts enjoys watching respectable people twist and writhe whenever it threatens to support those for whom hatred has become a way of life. I'm inclined to think that we must ask the tough questions and not shy away from the tough answers. If we don't, future generations will not know freedom. Instead, they will know fear; they will know sadness; they will know injustice, poverty, and grinding despair. Most of all, they will realize, albeit far too late, that as soon as Casts found the resources to do so it lost no time in deploying enormous resources in a war of attrition against helpless citizens. The inevitable followed: Illogical lunatics started exhibiting a deep disdain for all people who are not soulless, stinking publishers of hate literature. The scariest part of all of this is that Casts has repeatedly indicated a desire to dress up its profit motive in the cloak of selfless altruism. Is that the sound of rarefied respectability that Casts's flacks so frequently attribute to Casts? The ill-tempered blathering of a vainglorious kleptomaniac is more like it. In fact, Casts must have recently made a huge withdrawal from the First National Bank of Lies. How else could it manage to tell us that space aliens are out to lay eggs in our innards or ooze their alien hell-slime all over us?

It is our responsibility to ensure that Casts doesn't fracture family unity. From this anecdotal evidence I would argue that if Casts truly believes that it is a protective bulwark against the advancing tyranny of unbridled dossers, then maybe it should enroll in Introduction to Reality 101. Casts justifies its sniveling traducements with fallacious logical arguments based on argumentum ad baculum. In case you're unfamiliar with the term, it means that if we don't accept Casts's claim that the rules don't apply to it then it will lionize unmannerly nose-in-the-air snobs. Casts is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to its values. The take-away message of this letter is that Casts flatters people in order to betray them. We should hold these words to our bosom, use them as a shield against Casts's inequities, and wield them unilaterally against those who would weave Casts's obtrusive traits, fickle perversions, and patronizing pleas into a rich tapestry that is sure to impugn the patriotism of Casts's castigators.

:3

Wolfgrey666
Jul 25, 2012, 10:30 AM
Newmans confirmed for master race.

I don't if you can consider Newmans unique anymore though.You can easily shape the ears on the human to almost newman style.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 10:46 AM
One of my sources just forwarded me a copy of a rather intriguing document about Casts. In the remainder of this letter, I plan to summarize the contents of that document in an effort to expose injustice and puncture prejudice. To get immediately to the point, Casts uses the word "unconstitutionality" without ever having taken the time to look it up in the dictionary. Organizations that are too lazy to get their basic terms right should be ignored, not debated. It is disgraceful that, with a wink and a smile, Casts has signified its approval of cullionly spielers who plant strife and chaos.

Casts's musings sound so noble, but in fact bleeding-heart bribe-seekers often take earthworms or similar small animals and impale them on a pin to enjoy watching them twist and writhe as they slowly die. Similarly, Casts enjoys watching respectable people twist and writhe whenever it threatens to support those for whom hatred has become a way of life. I'm inclined to think that we must ask the tough questions and not shy away from the tough answers. If we don't, future generations will not know freedom. Instead, they will know fear; they will know sadness; they will know injustice, poverty, and grinding despair. Most of all, they will realize, albeit far too late, that as soon as Casts found the resources to do so it lost no time in deploying enormous resources in a war of attrition against helpless citizens. The inevitable followed: Illogical lunatics started exhibiting a deep disdain for all people who are not soulless, stinking publishers of hate literature. The scariest part of all of this is that Casts has repeatedly indicated a desire to dress up its profit motive in the cloak of selfless altruism. Is that the sound of rarefied respectability that Casts's flacks so frequently attribute to Casts? The ill-tempered blathering of a vainglorious kleptomaniac is more like it. In fact, Casts must have recently made a huge withdrawal from the First National Bank of Lies. How else could it manage to tell us that space aliens are out to lay eggs in our innards or ooze their alien hell-slime all over us?

It is our responsibility to ensure that Casts doesn't fracture family unity. From this anecdotal evidence I would argue that if Casts truly believes that it is a protective bulwark against the advancing tyranny of unbridled dossers, then maybe it should enroll in Introduction to Reality 101. Casts justifies its sniveling traducements with fallacious logical arguments based on argumentum ad baculum. In case you're unfamiliar with the term, it means that if we don't accept Casts's claim that the rules don't apply to it then it will lionize unmannerly nose-in-the-air snobs. Casts is the picture of the insane person on the street, babbling to a tree, a wall, or a cloud, which cannot and does not respond to its values. The take-away message of this letter is that Casts flatters people in order to betray them. We should hold these words to our bosom, use them as a shield against Casts's inequities, and wield them unilaterally against those who would weave Casts's obtrusive traits, fickle perversions, and patronizing pleas into a rich tapestry that is sure to impugn the patriotism of Casts's castigators.

I'm 12 and what is this?

In other news, I've done the "Cast supremacy" thing maybe three times when I bumped into a fellow CAST friend of mine, but I never spammed it or anything like that. It was just something I said and we moved on, lol. I don't really care what race you are.

I hate everyone equally >:3

KEV1N
Jul 25, 2012, 10:50 AM
I'm 12 and what is this?

I'm guessing it's this (http://www.pakin.org/complaint/)

ShinMaruku
Jul 25, 2012, 11:03 AM
Newmans under most definitions would just be sub type of humans so there are more humans than not. :P

Crimera
Jul 25, 2012, 11:16 AM

Wow.

JeyKama
Jul 25, 2012, 11:20 AM

I'm really not sure what I read or why I tried to read it, but it was hilarious all the same, and for some reason I am reminded of an episode from Friends with the thesaurus.

Mystil
Jul 25, 2012, 11:24 AM

uh oh. I'm d00med! I can't let anyone know I'm african american. owait

Polly
Jul 25, 2012, 11:31 AM
Me and some friends always made a point to badmouth Beasts in PSU. One of us even had a shop and we'd all just chill and BS in there for a while and anytime a Beast rolled through we loaded up the best Beast jokes we could think of. Honestly, nobody ever got mad about it, and in fact, a good number of people found it pretty funny.

I've always made it a point to be condescending and dismissive of RAmars, but that's more of an inside joke thing I do among friends.

And I mean come on...they deserve it.

Vintasticvin
Jul 25, 2012, 11:58 AM
Wow lol.... CAST surpremacy is back? Long as we dont get all stupid and too far and boot non cast players :( I too was kind of a victim back in my time playing "LOL WTF your doing playing as a focast" He wasnt that much of an ass but I still ripped his arms off and jammed him in my grinder unit while yelling "Lets see you cast resta now bichmar" Yeeeah, theres a Emergency: Code Arrest out for Arbiter. Was it worth it? Oh heck yeah it was :D

I'm 12 and what is this?

In other news, I've done the "Cast supremacy" thing maybe three times when I bumped into a fellow CAST friend of mine, but I never spammed it or anything like that. It was just something I said and we moved on, lol. I don't really care what race you are.

I hate everyone equally >:3

I've had my fun share of barking Cast Surpremacy while chilling out with Ferria and her afk dance swuad back in obt :3

Kanore
Jul 25, 2012, 12:15 PM
No, because my character is a CAST.

CAST Supremacy.

Phantasma
Jul 25, 2012, 12:16 PM
It seems like this is only a problem amongst silly English speakers... *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint* *hint*

I figured the more hints I put, the better chances that you'll get the hint.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 25, 2012, 12:21 PM
I never let myself become the victim to racism. I am always the person victimizing others!

"But you're a Newearl. All you're good for is being a concubine!"

Hey now, don't under estimate my powers of persuasion after a little mattress mambo~

Beast women are still the best

Crimera
Jul 25, 2012, 12:32 PM
No, because my character is a CAST.

CAST Supremacy.

I'm laughing. You're a jerk, but I'm laughing.

:-P

Titan
Jul 25, 2012, 12:59 PM
I am the problem when it comes to racism. I hate loli Newmans, all of them! :)

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 01:07 PM

^This guy/girl knows what it's all about.

I am the problem when it comes to racism. I hate loli Newmans, all of them! :)

I hate lolis in general, so it's all good.

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 01:09 PM
This thread was almost something I could work with.

Almost.

Scrub
Jul 25, 2012, 01:12 PM
One time in game someone told me "lol polaris ur ears are burnt."

I responded with "I'm black, sir," and things got kind of awkward.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 01:13 PM
Bet you just ruined the day of all of your loli friends.

Oh, come down off that soapboax stepladder escalator of yours, now. :wacko:

Mystil
Jul 25, 2012, 01:15 PM

Hell yes.

Mikura
Jul 25, 2012, 01:23 PM

Oh, how I miss them. One of the few good things that ever came out of PSU. ._. I would've totally rolled as beast again if they were in PSO2.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 01:28 PM
Hell yes.

Oh, how I miss them. One of the few good things that ever came out of PSU. ._. I would've totally rolled as beast again if they were in PSO2.

There's a reason Laia (http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/PhantasyStarBeautyContest.png) won (http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/PhantasyStarBeautyContestResult.png) the "Hottest Phantasy Star (Story) Character" contest a while back.

Haters gon' hate, of course. But the proof is there. So, nyeh.

Mystil
Jul 25, 2012, 01:33 PM
Me and some friends always made a point to badmouth Beasts in PSU. One of us even had a shop and we'd all just chill and BS in there for a while and anytime a Beast rolled through we loaded up the best Beast jokes we could think of. Honestly, nobody ever got mad about it, and in fact, a good number of people found it pretty funny.

I've always made it a point to be condescending and dismissive of RAmars, but that's more of an inside joke thing I do among friends.

And I mean come on...they deserve it.
Refresh my memory here. What was so bad about RAmars? lol

Akaimizu
Jul 25, 2012, 01:35 PM
Laia won the contest because people feared the reprocussions if she didn't win. I blame Laia's bold story actions for being so profound that it affected the metagame. :) :)

Seriously though, she won it. Though there were a number of player characters that were done so well, I'd vote for them first. But player characters were not in the competition.

Kirukia
Jul 25, 2012, 01:35 PM

Lol I'm trying to think of the kind of person who sits there wondering if every person they are playing with is of a certain race or sexual orientation in real life as if it has any bearing on their play.

Akaimizu
Jul 25, 2012, 01:37 PM
^ Too bad there's a lot of people like that. As if anybody that'll help you beat-up the mobs and finish the quest isn't enough of a pre-requisite for co-op play.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 01:53 PM
Though there were a number of player characters that were done so well, I'd vote for them first. But player characters were not in the competition.

Someone should get on that idea.

Gama
Jul 25, 2012, 01:53 PM
my race is human but my human is a clone made by a cast.

so i dont really care about you inferiour beings. "jk"

supersonix9
Jul 25, 2012, 01:57 PM
I think CAST supremacists just joke about it because it was part of the story in PSU.

It's still annoying though, but I don't care what people think about the race I play.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 25, 2012, 02:03 PM
PSU race in a nutshell:

Newmans are entitled douchebags because they were engineered to be the next stage of Human evolution. Also, loldivinemaiden.

CAST supremacy because I AM MACHINE, MY LOGIC BETTER, YOU LISTEN TO ME. They pulled a Terminator Skynet on us, but instead of killing everything, they decided to use LOGIC and EMOTION-FREE judgement to control Parum, removing Human control from the world (while remaining fair).

Beasts just wanted to be left alone. Can you blame them? They were engineered to be slaves and remained slaves longer than the other races created by the humans. If you know how to scratch their ears, even a mighty lioness like Laia can purr like a kitty~

Humans. Boring, furless, stupid-looking-ears. Blah blah blah, GUARDIANS colony drop while under human control, yada yada Illuminus says Human Master race, orz orz Crea-line of weapons because they suck and need to cheat to be like the other races.

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 02:10 PM
There's a reason Laia (http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/PhantasyStarBeautyContest.png) won (http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/PhantasyStarBeautyContestResult.png) the "Hottest Phantasy Star (Story) Character" contest a while back.

Only because Elenor wasn't on the list.

clang clang master race

and stat flaunting is for babies, even FOcasts are the best at what they do (go clang and be made of metal)

edit: me and mixing up my list of hot caseals

Vintasticvin
Jul 25, 2012, 03:13 PM
PSU race in a nutshell:

Newmans are entitled douchebags because they were engineered to be the next stage of Human evolution. Also, loldivinemaiden.

CAST supremacy because I AM MACHINE, MY LOGIC BETTER, YOU LISTEN TO ME. They pulled a Terminator Skynet on us, but instead of killing everything, they decided to use LOGIC and EMOTION-FREE judgement to control Parum, removing Human control from the world (while remaining fair).

Beasts just wanted to be left alone. Can you blame them? They were engineered to be slaves and remained slaves longer than the other races created by the humans. If you know how to scratch their ears, even a mighty lioness like Laia can purr like a kitty~

Humans. Boring, furless, stupid-looking-ears. Blah blah blah, GUARDIANS colony drop while under human control, yada yada Illuminus says Human Master race, orz orz Crea-line of weapons because they suck and need to cheat to be like the other races.

Psu CASTs were slaves too y'know!

supersonix9
Jul 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
I still like playing as a Human most.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jul 25, 2012, 04:13 PM
its not fair how Newmans get swept under the rug compared to the other races. After Nei, it was a whole 1000 years before Rika came into the picture then[PSIV ends[haven't completed PSIV, don't spoil]. PSOV1 Was the highest point for Newmans(HUnewearl in particular). once V2 came around(Destroyed!!!!!!). Newmans get nerfed hard(again, HUnewearl) and had stayed that way till blue burst. then PSU roles around, Newmans... still absurdly underpowered and fugly beast have reared they ugly heads(I have a beast on my PS2 AoTI case. but that's because the characters name is Seraphita, I still played Lovrina more) Newmans have been refused to nothing but only using Force. it slightly offended me that my favorite Race is the alleged...Master Force only Race. it also really buged me that after you complete the PSU:AoTi story if you didn't play through Episode 1 to get Karen Erra. Your whole Partner Card list would be full of nothing but Beast and Cast hunters and only a few human hunters. but thats not the worst part. YOU ONLY GET ONE FUCKING NEWMAN AND SHE'S A FORCE(I know Echo is a FO too but I hope she'll sub class HU or Ra someday:(). I really don't understand Sega. the game wasn't balanced well before(PSOBB) WHY ADD ANOTHER FUCKING RACE? they werent even completely an animal race. they had no tails, they only had different ears and a slightly different mouth. there was no point in adding beast, Nanoblast? why bother? they could have made Newmans transform into a Dante-ish Transformation.

[SPOILER-BOX]I really liked the Price of Genocide mission in EP2 when I found out I had been killing mutated Beast. now if only it involved me in an NEXT shooting down "cradles"...1 down, 20 million dead
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_RYTLF_yR0&feature=related). oh such Fun. they're better off dead. 5 of your best pilots are after me? better hope they aren't the dipshits who crash in forest. :wacko:[/SPOILER-BOX]

and Olaf, I like you but this is be far the most absurd way to look at a Races superiority. only 42 people made a vote in that pole. I know the phantasy star community is small but its NOT that fucking small. and as said before. Shino>Laia. also to further this Nei>Laia, Rika>Laia, Sarisa>Laia, Ana>Laia, Emilia>Laia, Nagisa>Laia(to add, Nagisa is also a better swordswoman). Beauty isn't all about chunkiness and being more grown/woman then others. Honestly, a cute face, nice curvy lines, amazing breast shape(NOT SIZE). a prefect plump round ass and nice long legs. I'm slightly offended that Laia is a self proclaimed beauty over what is better. that's just..... I fell like screaming. does everything have to go wrong for me. :-x

I hate Cast supremacy and I hate Beast supremacy.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 25, 2012, 04:18 PM

^This guy/girl knows what it's all about.

I'm glad I wasn't the first to say this *points down to sig*

[SPOILER-BOX]Maya: "I've always pondered why best women are the best"
JOE: "..."
Maya: "Well it appears that we'll just have to preform some testing to come to a deduction"
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/Maya_JOEcopy-01.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Mystil
Jul 25, 2012, 04:21 PM
Err it's not really Beast Supremacy.

Beast Females were generally looked down by the number crunchers because of the mere 52pt ATP difference between them and the males. >_>

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 04:21 PM
and Olaf, I like you but this is be far the most absurd way to look at a Races superiority. only 42 people made a vote in that pole. I know the phantasy star community is small but its NOT that fucking small. and as said before. Shino>Laia. also to further this Nei>Laia, Rika>Laia, Sarisa>Laia, Ana>Laia, Emilia>Laia, Nagisa>Laia(to add, Nagisa is also a better swordswoman). Beauty isn't all about chunkiness and being more grown/woman then others. Honestly, a cute face, nice curvy lines, amazing breast shape(NOT SIZE). a prefect plump round ass and nice long legs. I'm slightly offended that Laia is a self proclaimed beauty over what is better. that's just..... I fell like screaming. does everything have to go wrong for me. :-x

Haha, damn. Calm down. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I think Laia > all those other characters you mentioned. See, I didn't state my opinions as facts, like you did with the...

Shino>Laia. also to further this Nei>Laia, Rika>Laia, Sarisa>Laia, Ana>Laia, Emilia>Laia, Nagisa>Laia(to add, Nagisa is also a better swordswoman).

and the...

I'm slightly offended that Laia is a self proclaimed beauty over what is better.

...things. Sorry I don't share the same opinion on what "looks good" as you do. Sorry you take it as a great personal insult, too. But, there's no reason to fly off the handle. Everything I'm saying is a bit tongue-in-cheek, anyway. So simmer down.

Reyva
Jul 25, 2012, 05:02 PM
Man, CAST SUPREMACY!

Now I don't personally go around saying that but to friends maybe or if I'm playing with a bunch of skanky newmans/humans, I'll say it out loud in real life. Only do it because I'm pretty sure there are more newmans/humans in general vs casts. Meh, for the English playerbase, just go look at that fashion thread. Too many skanky newman/humans. Maybe I wouldn't have much hate for them if you can be like casts and be able to mix and match clothing.

In PSO, Cast male best hunter so................if you were something else, I didn't say jack or didn't kick ya/leave myself, but I did say "wtf" out loud irl.

In PSU, I didn't get any "toon racism." Probably the most I got was hey "Newman Arcofighter," but I kicked ass as one. However, anyone who was a cast force got dogged out or booted lol.

Seriously, I played a newman female FF, Cast Female FF, and Beast Male FF and the newman was the worst. Then add the SUV and Nanoblast factor and why the hell did you want to be newman or the boring Human? A party of casts with Paradi destroyed the area like nothing. That is where the whole "CAST SUPREMACY" thing became a bit more serious and major lol. If you weren't beast or cast, you sucked.

In PSO2, haven't had anything and its probably because I play a Hunter as Cast Male/Female, Newman Female as Force, and Cast Female Ranger.

Not much difference looks wise for newman and human. The only thing that makes me even level a newman was because there were great at being forces. Not because of the ears. Humans will always be boring to me though because 348340834083408034 games has them.

But if you get booted, you get booted. Seen it in PSU all the time. Don't take it to heart and move on to the next party. However, in general, I will say Cast Supremacy and won't care what race you are. If you do good in a fight, thats all I care about. If you suck, no matter what race, you're gone.

Advice to Segac, bring back SUVs for cast so it can really be CAST SUPREMACY haha. Then the forums would just be filled with QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ over casts.

mctastee
Jul 25, 2012, 05:12 PM
Personally, I have seen "CAST SUPREMACY" in all caps for almost half an hour one day. The guy was jumping around so much I could barely block him.

I haven't seen any Newmans or Humans (like myself) doing anything like that. Just Casts....

I'm curious though, why do they say that...? O.O
There have been casts like that for as long as I can remember. Just ignore them.

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 05:14 PM
You guys are really taking this to heart, aren't you?

It's just a joke. If people are kicking you for having less than ideal stats, they wouldn't have been very fun to play with anyway. To anyone worth playing with something like CAST SUPREMACY is something you say, laugh about, then just play the game with whoever's around. I have FOnewm and even RAnewm friends. All that matters is attitude.

Blastifyys
Jul 25, 2012, 05:22 PM
so far i havent seen no racisim in game im a male human force

ScottyMango
Jul 25, 2012, 05:24 PM
Woah, people are actually getting upset about joking fantasy racism?

What?

Mystil
Jul 25, 2012, 05:40 PM
Lot of them were not joking in PSU. Seriously that community was full of shitbags.

Sinue_v2
Jul 25, 2012, 06:20 PM
Also,

NEWMAN SUPREMACY

First of all, No. Noooo...nonono. It's NUMAN SUPREMACY. Newmans are frilly little magic girls, and usually pedophile bait. Numans are badass biomonster hybrids that will fuck your shit up like a honey badger on PCP.

[spoiler-box]
http://www.ill-intent.com/Manga/0426.jpg
http://www.ill-intent.com/Manga/0427.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Numans are clearly the master race, but aren't all snobby about it. They simply either kill you for not being as perfect as them, or they will mate with you to spread their perfect genes.

And second of all.... *leaves*

Quadocky
Jul 25, 2012, 06:20 PM
Lot of them were not joking in PSU. Seriously that community was full of shitbags.
I wouldn't doubt it. PSO and PSU is full of the most SERIOUS BUSINESS people I've ever seen.

It makes it very fun to say anything that could be taken as a insult. I remember so many dramatic freak outs in PSU it was almost common place. Strangely the only people I see freak out in other online games are obviously autistic.

Vintasticvin
Jul 25, 2012, 06:26 PM
its not fair how Newmans get swept under the rug compared to the other races. After Nei, it was a whole 1000 years before Rika came into the picture then[PSIV ends[haven't completed PSIV, don't spoil]. PSOV1 Was the highest point for Newmans(HUnewearl in particular). once V2 came around(Destroyed!!!!!!). Newmans get nerfed hard(again, HUnewearl) and had stayed that way till blue burst. then PSU roles around, Newmans... still absurdly underpowered and fugly beast have reared they ugly heads(I have a beast on my PS2 AoTI case. but that's because the characters name is Seraphita, I still played Lovrina more) Newmans have been refused to nothing but only using Force. it slightly offended me that my favorite Race is the alleged...Master Force only Race. it also really buged me that after you complete the PSU:AoTi story if you didn't play through Episode 1 to get Karen Erra. Your whole Partner Card list would be full of nothing but Beast and Cast hunters and only a few human hunters. but thats not the worst part. YOU ONLY GET ONE FUCKING NEWMAN AND SHE'S A FORCE(I know Echo is a FO too but I hope she'll sub class HU or Ra someday:(). I really don't understand Sega. the game wasn't balanced well before(PSOBB) WHY ADD ANOTHER FUCKING RACE? they werent even completely an animal race. they had no tails, they only had different ears and a slightly different mouth. there was no point in adding beast, Nanoblast? why bother? they could have made Newmans transform into a Dante-ish Transformation.

[SPOILER-BOX]I really liked the Price of Genocide mission in EP2 when I found out I had been killing mutated Beast. now if only it involved me in an NEXT shooting down "cradles"...1 down, 20 million dead
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_RYTLF_yR0&feature=related). oh such Fun. they're better off dead. 5 of your best pilots are after me? better hope they aren't the dipshits who crash in forest. :wacko:[/SPOILER-BOX]

I hate Cast supremacy and I hate Beast supremacy.

:-( After reading this I have an urge to go Numan Hunter or Ranger even though I'm a FOcast Surpremist (FOcast/caseal is the most superior melee force mind you all) when I make my return to pso2

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 25, 2012, 07:54 PM
:-( After reading this I have an urge to go Numan Hunter or Ranger even though I'm a FOcast Surpremist (FOcast/caseal is the most superior melee force mind you all) when I make my return to pso2

Already beat you to it... but you can join me. The world could use more HUnewms... or HUneys. Either one would work.

Personally, I see Mazarin as sort of splitting the difference between the earlier, more catlike Newmen (that I know little about besides HUneys, but they kicked ass) and the "Space Elf" Newmen that I'm more familiar with. If the early Newmen and the PSO HUneys are badasses, and if the later Newmen are all elfy and adorable, then Mazarin is Badass Adorable.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 25, 2012, 08:28 PM
yes i have, my only response: CAST Supremacy!!! +^_^+

彩音~
Jul 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
I thought this topic was going to be about, you know, racism. Stuff like Japanese people saying waito piggu go homu. Not this roleplay crap. This topic beats out the other topics in terms of idiocy with the person asking if Sega will return the item he accidentally used as attribute fodder and that other person wondering why he got banned with profanity in his name.

AC9breaker
Jul 25, 2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah this topic is very lol.

Crimera
Jul 25, 2012, 10:42 PM
I thought this topic was going to be about, you know, racism. Stuff like Japanese people saying waito piggu go homu. Not this roleplay crap. This topic beats out the other topics in terms of idiocy with the person asking if Sega will return the item he accidentally used as attribute fodder and that other person wondering why he got banned with profanity in his name.

It was sort of a light-hearted joke thread in the first place. <.< (Some people actually caught on to it too...ahem*)

But there are some people who don't like certain races mixed with certain classes from a gameplay point of view. And they will kick you...

KEV1N
Jul 25, 2012, 10:45 PM

No fun allowed.

Hosaka
Jul 26, 2012, 02:33 AM
No fun allowed.

Welcome to PSOWorld.

Angelo
Jul 26, 2012, 02:37 AM
If/once subclasses come I think Newmans are going to have a lot to brag about.