PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 who in here got Adirou?

Maserati
Jul 25, 2012, 09:22 AM
Just wondering what the drop rate is, I have been staying in the volcano map for nearly 20 hours and still have nothing, I know 9* rare is pretty hard to drop, only 342 were dropped in Ship 05 according to the statistic, so I would want to know how many people in here are the lucky guys?8-)

BogusKun
Jul 25, 2012, 09:27 AM
20 Hours? You obviously haven't been playing as much ;)

Maserati
Jul 25, 2012, 09:28 AM
I know 20-hours time is nothing at all, but people always wish they can get lucky lol

jooozek
Jul 25, 2012, 09:29 AM
Just wondering what the drop rate is, I have been staying in the volcano map for nearly 20 hours and still have nothing, I know 9* rare is pretty hard to drop, only 342 were dropped in Ship 05 according to the statistic, so I would want to know how many people in here are the lucky guys?8-)
Drop count sums up all ships, not just the ship you are in. I know because I've compared once the tables on Ship 02 and Ship 08 and both had the same numbers.

Maserati
Jul 25, 2012, 09:32 AM
Drop count sums up all ships, not just the ship you are in. I know because I've compared once the tables on Ship 02 and Ship 08 and both had the same numbers.

Oh my god..... 342 across all ships? :-o its much easier to get a royal straight flush for a poker hand then getting this sword

How come I always see people around carrying that sword, they make me jealous:-(

Hansha
Jul 25, 2012, 10:00 AM
I have Adirou but I wouldn't worry about getting it too much. It might be getting replaced in the next few updates. Plus, the one I found was pre-tekked with no element so I had to sell it to buy a better one for 500k more.

gravityvx
Jul 25, 2012, 10:01 AM
Screw that sword, seriously. I've been grinding caves for almost 2 weeks and have not seen it drop. Gave up and moved to mines in hopes my luck is better with that Tarunada blade, it's slightly weaker but looks a lot cooler to me anyway.

Hansha
Jul 25, 2012, 10:05 AM
Tarnada is much more rare.

ellu
Jul 25, 2012, 10:22 AM
I got it within a couple of hours, that was weeks back though -- i didn't even know the sword existed, I was hunting for the rods.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 10:41 AM
I've been searching for it as well. It's basically how I got from level 30 to 40, lol. No such luck yet though.

Maybe I'll just head over to the Mines and try searching for the Tarnada instead.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 25, 2012, 10:47 AM
I got it within a couple of hours, that was weeks back though -- i didn't even know the sword existed, I was hunting for the rods.

lol you lucky punk

velociti
Jul 25, 2012, 11:18 AM
Oh, the drop count is linked to all ships? now that is crazy, I was around the 60th to get that sword. :D? Not only that I got that heart rod that same day which sold for even more, 1.6mill. the adirou sold for 1.3mill. easy money!

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
Oh, the drop count is linked to all ships? now that is crazy, I was around the 60th to get that sword. :D? Not only that I got that heart rod that same day which sold for even more, 1.6mill. the adirou sold for 1.3mill. easy money!

omg

I hate you so much right now -_-

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 25, 2012, 02:10 PM
guildie got it for 45k! lololol

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 04:46 PM
guildie got it for 45k! lololol

Be sure to let your guildie know he bought an Alba Claymore, lol.

Natsuma
Jul 25, 2012, 05:05 PM
I've been looking for Adirou for the past week, with no success.
I thus got a Tarnada, 316 ATP base with 19 wind element, I set it to +10 rather quickly ("only" spent 150k mesetas).

Today I was playing in the Caves without even thinking to Adirou and then it dropped :-)
I'm now the lucky owner of both of these awesome swords :D

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 05:59 PM
I've been looking for Adirou for the past week, with no success.
I thus got a Tarnada, 316 ATP base with 19 wind element, I set it to +10 rather quickly ("only" spent 150k mesetas).

Today I was playing in the Caves without even thinking to Adirou and then it dropped :-)
I'm now the lucky owner of both of these awesome swords :D

Bah. Maybe my luck will change soon too. It has to drop at some point! This is science!

Maserati
Jul 25, 2012, 08:03 PM
Bah. Maybe my luck will change soon too. It has to drop at some point! This is science!

Let's work hard together bro, I am sure somehow, maybe after 200 hours, you will hear the sound of heaven and see a red sword, and find out it is a ディニアエッジ :D

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 25, 2012, 08:06 PM
Be sure to let your guildie know he bought an Alba Claymore, lol.

they're giant and orange?! who knew?

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 25, 2012, 08:53 PM
I want Sword to be my main weapon but I've had absolutely no luck getting any rare Swords to drop... I've gotten pretty much every other weapon type when a rare drops but those damn Swords just won't drop =( definitely want a Tarnada, been wanting one since I saw them in Alpha-2

I've got like 3 Talis Legacies and I haven't even touched Force yet... I thought Hunter Weapon drops get priority when you're playing Hunter... is it different for rares?

mctastee
Jul 25, 2012, 09:02 PM
I want Sword to be my main weapon but I've had absolutely no luck getting any rare Swords to drop... I've gotten pretty much every other weapon type when a rare drops but those damn Swords just won't drop =( definitely want a Tarnada, been wanting one since I saw them in Alpha-2

I've got like 3 Talis Legacies and I haven't even touched Force yet... I thought Hunter Weapon drops get priority when you're playing Hunter... is it different for rares?

Prolly is, I play hunter and I have found 2 talis legacies, that 9* assault rifle, the 7* gunslash, and the yeti claws(?). So, basically rares are just more random than regular drops.

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 09:03 PM
I'm almost certain it's different for rares. It's probably a way to promote getting premium, or at least shop access. You get all these rares, but can't use any of them. It's a pretty awful setup.

Demon-
Jul 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
That sword is so ugly. If I got one I'd sell it.

Angelo
Jul 25, 2012, 10:16 PM
When I get rares I can't use I just sell them to the shop or use them as MAG food. 4 star? 9 star? I can't trade, so it makes no difference.

If Sega wants to charge AC for me to sell in the market then they can kiss their rares circulation goodbye.

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 10:55 PM
When I get rares I can't use I just sell them to the shop or use them as MAG food. 4 star? 9 star? I can't trade, so it makes no difference.

If Sega wants to charge AC for me to sell in the market then they can kiss their rares circulation goodbye.

You do know you had to pay real life money to trade in the other versions of PSO, right? All but v1. Turns out, servers cost money. How strange, that Sega would choose to use hosting that costs money instead of that new green technology that runs off the happy thoughts of its employees who are more than happy to work for zero pay.

Angelo
Jul 25, 2012, 10:58 PM
You do know you had to pay real life money to trade in the other versions of PSO, right? All but v1. Turns out, servers cost money. How strange, that Sega would choose to use hosting that costs money instead of that new green technology that runs off the happy thoughts of its employees who are more than happy to work for zero pay.

I have no problem with paying AC for extra services, I think it's a good way to keep the game floating and I love the f2p model.

There are just little things that make no sense and I think will hurt the game in the long run. Not being able to sell in the AH is a big one, it will hinder the circulation of rares in a game that is primarily a 'rare hunting' game.

If you think about how these games work, the majority of players are casuals that come-and-go and don't play very often and buy very little AC and are not likely to buy premium. It's common sense that the majority is going to have a higher chance of collecting items with a low probability of dropping. So basically the bulk of rares are going to end up in the hands of casual players with no way to sell or trade it. Now, granted, this in itself is an incentive for that player to purchase AC and get into the market, but there's no concrete way to tell whether or not this incentive is strong enough for the average player to spark initiative.

Also, making me out to be a simpleton by crayon-drawing me a 1st grade diagram of capital economics is pretty awesome of you, bro. I'm sure someone out there appreciates your condescending allusions, they may even share their juice box with you.

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
That's a point, and a thought I've considered myself. Long in the future when PSO2 is a dead husk, like all F2P games seem to become, there will only be a few active long term players trading rares and then the fleeting 1-2 month premium players who never get a hold of rares that are actually rare.

But in the mean time, I feel that's kind of silly. You would have paid money to gain access to the servers, wouldn't you? I assume that you have in the past. The only thing in question is whether you think this game is worth the money. I didn't with the OBT content, but with what's out now (and more on the way on a monthly basis, apparently) I'm starting to feel like PSO2 does really have something going for it.

edit: And sorry, I interpreted your post as just another whine that not every single feature in the game is free. I'm not sure what people would pay money to do if not access the AH, though. My room and cosmetics are kind of...meh. I don't want PSO2 to turn into that kind of game. The odd novelty and costume, for sure, but let's try to keep the hot pink afros and gaudy outfits to a minimum please (I'm aware that I'm asking for too much).

GoldenFalcon
Jul 25, 2012, 11:50 PM
Not being able to sell in the AH is a big one, it will hinder the circulation of rares in a game that is primarily a 'rare hunting' game.

'rare hunting'
Hoolly shit. Hunt rares instead of buying them, jesus

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 25, 2012, 11:51 PM
That sword is so ugly. If I got one I'd sell it.

Ya know, you'd be onto something if looks could kill.

Oh and I didn't get the Adirou today (go figure), but I did happen to find a "Stellar Twinkle" I think it's called. It's a 9* rod anyway. I grinded it up to +5 before deciding to stop there and now I'm selling it (the t-atk is close to 400 now thanks to the grinds).

It came with two abilities as well, so I hope I can get enough money out of it to help pay off my Adirou since there's no way in hell I'm ever finding one, apparently.

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2012, 12:01 AM
Oh man you've been grinding caves? Do you at least like them? I've been trying to get the deband ex drink and just hoping for the sword to drop, and oh god I can't take more than an hour at a time before I start risking key imprints on my face.

So I go back to the mines, which has exactly as boring of a color scheme (sans neato purple triangles). Go figure. It has to be the music.

Crimson Exile
Jul 26, 2012, 12:42 AM
Been grinding caves for 1 week still nothing. Only good thing is Vol souls. I got the money for Adirou but I will hold onto it. These new swords may come out this next update. 5mil on something that may not be #1 anymore is not worth it.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 26, 2012, 01:06 AM
Been grinding caves for 1 week still nothing. Only good thing is Vol souls. I got the money for Adirou but I will hold onto it. These new swords may come out this next update. 5mil on something that may not be #1 anymore is not worth it.

Any idea when that next update is? All I remember is, "early August", but I don't know if that means the first week of August or maybe a little later than that.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 26, 2012, 01:12 AM
These new swords may come out this next update.

Do you mean the giant Tuna?
I hope that isn't top tier

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2012, 01:14 AM

After the rappy cannon's reign nothing is off limits.

Angelo
Jul 26, 2012, 01:16 AM
I want to go slightly off topic and say we need weapon reskinning.

I'd pay like 300 AC for a reskin ticket.

I want to use my Zanba and Zaxe forever <3

Crimson Exile
Jul 26, 2012, 01:27 AM
Lmao I hope not either. But its 4 new swords, 3 partisans, and 4 wire lances.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 26, 2012, 01:31 AM
Lmao I hope not either. But its 4 new swords, 3 partisans, and 4 wire lances.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from

Crimson Exile
Jul 26, 2012, 01:39 AM
I'm not sure where you're getting this from
Don't know if they are all coming out at once but... here http://pso2.swiki.jp/

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 26, 2012, 01:44 AM

I've got that page bookmarked, but... what exactly are we supposed to be looking at on there which confirms what you said? I'd be interested to know. I'd sure feel pretty stupid if I spent all my money on an Adirou if a better sword is coming out in a week or so from now, lol.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 26, 2012, 01:44 AM

I have a feeling most of them would be Very Hard mode drops. Like, Vahda Cannon from Big Vahda

Crimson Exile
Jul 26, 2012, 01:47 AM
I have a feeling most of them would be Very Hard mode drops. Like, Vahda Cannon from Big Vahda
Yeah. Some of the pictures are here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=2 not sure which is which but that's how a few look.

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2012, 01:47 AM
Is Very Hard coming in august? I eagerly await it, and all the new drops it will bring with it. I hope they'll even out the levels for Very Hard, so there's no single go-to area for multipartying.

After a while the same area gets drab, but there isn't much activity in other areas because of the mission level, you know? It might break up groups though.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 26, 2012, 01:49 AM
i don't think i'll ever get an adirou and i don't really care cause i doubt i'd spend the time trying to get it to +10

as it is now, my cheap +10 alba caliber from matter board 5 gets the job done fine, and i think it basically does the same amount of damage an adirou at +6 would do anyway.

Crimson Exile
Jul 26, 2012, 01:50 AM
Is Very Hard coming in august? I eagerly await it, and all the new drops it will bring with it. I hope they'll even out the levels for Very Hard, so there's no single go-to area for multipartying.

After a while the same area gets drab, but there isn't much activity in other areas because of the mission level, you know? It might break up groups though.
Don't know when it is released but I believe it's one of our big updates level cap raise, new classes, new weapons, new bosses, and very hard mode.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 26, 2012, 01:52 AM
The Very Hard update is "Fall"
Which I hope means mid September. But could easily be October instead

Demon-
Jul 26, 2012, 08:37 AM
Ya know, you'd be onto something if looks could kill.

And you'd be on to something if that small amount of extra SATK meant that much. Besides why bother trying so hard getting one when something better is coming just around the corner. Oh right ZOMGBIGNUMBARZ!!!

Everyone should be male casts.

Vyscillius
Jul 26, 2012, 09:18 AM
20h? Considering how many Fordran there are in the caves, I would say that a little "unsufficient" (well depends on your luck)

I spent about 60h trying to get Patty Lumeria and still didn't get lucky. I gave up atm but the weapon is stuck in my mind, I'm so paranoid that I'm creating another character that, hopefully, will get it. Who knows, maybe the weapon doesn't like my current character? I got the Malmoth Katar though which are apparently rarer than the freaking patizan...

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 26, 2012, 09:32 AM
And you'd be on to something if that small amount of extra SATK meant that much. Besides why bother trying so hard getting one when something better is coming just around the corner. Oh right ZOMGBIGNUMBARZ!!!

Everyone should be male casts.

You ever heard the expression:

"Every little bit helps" ?

Well, it does. Sure, the Adirou may not look like the best sword, imo, but the damage is what is important. Do you think centuries ago, when people used swords to fight, someone thought to themselves, "Well, I don't really like the looks of this one. I mean, sure, I could make a clean cut through his stomach with it, but does it look as good as Richard's sword? No. I need a better one, dammit!" ?

When 1 HP is the difference between life or death, yeah, I'd say those, "ZOMGBIGNUMBARZ!!!" matter.

kudo
Jul 26, 2012, 09:34 AM
I camped on Gilnas and Fodrans for unknown numbers of hours trying to get their respective swords. No luck.

However I got a Jagrias on my very first hard rockbear. Still haven't decided what to do with that.

Funny how things go though.

Vyscillius
Jul 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
I camped on Gilnas and Fodrans for unknown numbers of hours trying to get their respective swords. No luck.

However I got a Jagrias on my very first hard rockbear. Still haven't decided what to do with that.

Funny how things go though.

I think it's the same story for everyone (except the luckiest among us) : we always get a rare weapon we don't need or never thought we'd get. The only moments we get the weapon we need, it's the moment we forgot about it or the moment we already found a better weapon.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 26, 2012, 10:12 AM
I think it's the same story for everyone (except the luckiest among us) : we always get a rare weapon we don't need or never thought we'd get. The only moments we get the weapon we need, it's the moment we forgot about it or the moment we already found a better weapon.

Too true, man. I remember back in PSU when I was hunting for stuff, I'd never find it if I was thinking about it, lol. After months had passed and I had already given up on it, then I would find it. In the meantime, I'd be finding stuff I don't even need... much like what happened yesterday when I went to the Caves to find Adirou and ended up leaving with a Stellar Twinkle.

Vyscillius
Jul 26, 2012, 10:28 AM
Too true, man. I remember back in PSU when I was hunting for stuff, I'd never find it if I was thinking about it, lol. After months had passed and I had already given up on it, then I would find it. In the meantime, I'd be finding stuff I don't even need... much like what happened yesterday when I went to the Caves to find Adirou and ended up leaving with a Stellar Twinkle.

That leads me to another question :
I noticed the weapons we usually get on monsters are the ones related to our class (my hunter dropping mainly (not if only) partizans, swords and WLs). Does the same can be applied to rare weapons? If I want to get a rare sword, do I necessarily need to kill the monsters with a hunter?

Crimson Exile
Jul 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
I noticed the weapons we usually get on monsters are the ones related to our class (my hunter dropping mainly (not if only) partizans, swords and WLs). Does the same can be applied to rare weapons? If I want to get a rare sword, do I necessarily need to kill the monsters with a hunter?
I have gotten at least 40-50 rares and out of those rares 4 of them were hunter weapons. The remaining were armor and other classes weapon. Oh yeah and like 4 of those 7* gunslashes.

Angelo
Jul 26, 2012, 10:35 AM
Funny rare story.

My favorite weapon in this series has been the Zanba.

I searched for it relentlessly in PSO and PSU to no avail.

Since the sword is not incredibly rare in PSO2 I thought I'd go and buy it in the Player Shops and spent a large chunk of change on a Light Element Zanba to thwart off those pesky Darkers.

My first Tundra run a yeti drops a Light-element Zanba.

10 years of hunting and I finally get it the moment I don't want it anymore.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 26, 2012, 10:41 AM
Funny rare story.

My favorite weapon in this series has been the Zanba.

I searched for it relentlessly in PSO and PSU to no avail.

Since the sword is not incredibly rare in PSO2 I thought I'd go and buy it in the Player Shops and spent a large chunk of change on a Light Element Zanba to thwart off those pesky Darkers.

My first Tundra run a yeti drops a Light-element Zanba.

10 years of hunting and I finally get it the moment I don't want it anymore.

At least you can put +2% element on the one that has higher element :D

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 26, 2012, 10:44 AM

Yeah, I noticed this too. Ranger weapons drop like mad when I play on my Ranger alt. As far as rares go though, I haven't had it really go one way or the other. If anything, I think I've found more Force weapons than anything else though, honestly.

Vyscillius
Jul 26, 2012, 10:59 AM
I have gotten at least 40-50 rares and out of those rares 4 of them were hunter weapons. The remaining were armor and other classes weapon. Oh yeah and like 4 of those 7* gunslashes.

Yeah, I noticed this too. Ranger weapons drop like mad when I play on my Ranger alt. As far as rares go though, I haven't had it really go one way or the other. If anything, I think I've found more Force weapons than anything else though, honestly.

Thank you to both of you. The only rares I got were Hunter weapons that's why I was asking (maybe 2 or 3other class weapons but 4* and 5*, so I dont' call it "rare")

Crimson Exile
Jul 26, 2012, 11:05 AM
Thank you to both of you. The only rares I got were Hunter weapons that's why I was asking (maybe 2 or 3other class weapons but 4* and 5*, so I dont' call it "rare")
Yeah I was talking about the +7* as well. I get more armor rares than anything though, then force, then ranger/hunter. Got a few rods, zanbas, rifles, talis, and partisans. Still awaiting the day Adirou drops..

JeyKama
Jul 26, 2012, 11:29 AM
As an RA, the vast majority of the weapon rares I've gotten have been hunter weapons and gunslashes.

Vyscillius
Jul 26, 2012, 11:44 AM
Simply put : everyone is getting rares of the class they don't main? I see what you did there SEGA 8D

Arios
Jul 26, 2012, 11:48 AM
300 hrs as a Hunter and only got a single Zanba :-P The other rares are Ranger ones and Gunslashes...:cry: