PDA

View Full Version : weird bug/glitch that makes PP restore super fast

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 25, 2012, 04:22 PM
was playing around a little bit and for some reason my PP started restoring like i was being effected by that one goldfish photon blast.

but there was no goldfish.

didn't use that shit for a second and went straight back to camp ship. it reset and my pp restored normally.

if it happens to you, think twice about messing around with something that could light you up as a hacker

Triple_S
Jul 25, 2012, 04:23 PM
was playing around a little bit and for some reason my PP started restoring like i was being effected by that one goldfish photon blast.

but there was no goldfish.

didn't use that shit for a second and went straight back to camp ship. it reset and my pp restored normally.

if it happens to you think twice about messing around with something that could light you up as a hacker

Your mag might have a PP Restore trigger action.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 25, 2012, 04:23 PM
Your mag might have a PP Restore trigger action.

definitely doesn't. i have 4 hp heal A's and the invincibility PB blast

moeri
Jul 25, 2012, 06:09 PM
could have been one of those pp restore devices nearby

Ana-Chan
Jul 25, 2012, 06:42 PM
Ugh, all of this talk about bans and stuff have people worrying over nothing.
If it was a bug then the only way you would end up having any action taken against you is if you exploited it. Because of what you said, I doubt anything would happen anyway. The only time that they have done anything to modify character data in this game so far is to remove a bugged technique disk from people who managed to get it.
Secondly, and more importantly, everyone is on high aleart already. This kind of post only adds to the fears. Just because you can't explain something doesn't mean that it is a hacker trying to get you banned or something. It seems like these "big bad hackers" have become a kind of bogey man for a lot of the people on this forum, and all they managed to do was to move a few NPCs and the server side position of players.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 25, 2012, 09:10 PM
If it was a bug then the only way you would end up having any action taken against you is if you exploited it.

the semantics behind what "exploiting" and "messing around with" is the problem.

i wouldn't be surprised if people thinking they're harmlessly messing around with PP regen end up being seen as exploiting.

thus i made this thread. atm pso2 is relatively slow for a good amount of people, and they might not think about what could happen if they messed around with infinite pp

instead they'll just be super bored and think

"lol lets see how high i can get with trick rave lol"

and then some random player manages to see a dude 100 feet in the sky constantly doing trick rave (the pp restoration happened to me in a 12 man) and thinks it's a hacker and reports them with a screen shot.

now is just having a good time and seeing how high you can fly with trick rave considered exploiting? or messing around? it's obviously just messing around, but everyone else unsure of the situation may not think the same.

then again i guess if they're stupid enough to pull something like that anyway, they kinda have their own ban coming to them.

Ana-Chan
Jul 26, 2012, 04:05 AM
Exploiting is pretty clear cut here. Consistantly triggering this to give yourself a clear advantage. Since you don't even know if it was any kind of glitch then there is no way that you could have been seen as exploiting it, since the whole definition depends on you knowing how to trigger it consistantly to benefit yourself.
Well, as I said already, the idea of "evil hackers" and "evil SoJ banning indiscriminantly" have managed to become bogey men for a lot of people. You could come up with all kinds of what ifs, but in the end they are just that, but what's worse, people then take that as "truth" and start getting afraid. So please remember, that if something unexpected happens then it isn't some hacker trying to get you banned.

Ysi
Jul 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
Exploiting is pretty clear cut here. Consistantly triggering this to give yourself a clear advantage. Since you don't even know if it was any kind of glitch then there is no way that you could have been seen as exploiting it, since the whole definition depends on you knowing how to trigger it consistantly to benefit yourself.
Well, as I said already, the idea of "evil hackers" and "evil SoJ banning indiscriminantly" have managed to become bogey men for a lot of people. You could come up with all kinds of what ifs, but in the end they are just that, but what's worse, people then take that as "truth" and start getting afraid. So please remember, that if something unexpected happens then it isn't some hacker trying to get you banned.

There is an uncommon bug occurring with PP Restoration. I've witnessed it myself, as did a whole multiparty full of other english players. I don't believe OP ever said it was a hacker attacking him, unlike the other post that was made recently. He was just warning players from exploiting it and being accused of hacking. Although it is explicitly stated in the ToS to not exploit any glitches...

Ana-Chan
Jul 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
Yes, I really should have gone with my original wording of "In general, unexpected things happen. It isn't evil games or evil people out to get you. So just don't panic."
I thought it was rather clear that I had switched to a more general context though. Oh well.

TaigaUC
Jul 27, 2012, 10:31 PM
@Ana-Chan:
I don't think it's "taken as truth" so much as it's about possibility and likelihood, which is based on knowledge and prior experience. As you said, we're on "high alert" right now, and we can only act based on the information we have, but you're completely correct in that we should avoid overreacting.

I don't think people need to be afraid, but at least be aware of the situation. It'd make things easier if SEGA had a list of known glitches somewhere (maybe they do?). I've played games that ban people on mere suspicion of exploiting glitches (common or not), so as the OP says, it's always best to not stick around if you do encounter one.