PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Email log in code

Ranmo
Jul 25, 2012, 05:29 PM
Besides logging in from another IP is there a reason behind it? I randomly had to do it today even though I only sign in from one computer. Is there a montly check up or something? Just interested on knowing more about this.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 25, 2012, 05:34 PM
I got that when I used a different computer than what I normally use to play PSO2.
It's a security check just to check that it's really you that's logging in, definately not monthy unless you change IPs/Computers on a monthly basis.

Ranmo
Jul 25, 2012, 05:42 PM
I get that part, I'm just curious as to why I had to do it even though I was logging in from the same IP.

Briss
Jul 25, 2012, 06:32 PM
The IP doesnt have anything to do with this, since most users IP changes daily. It’s the hardware ID that’s checked. This is a code generated from all the stuff you have in your PC, so when you change your hardware, it thinks its a new PC. Same issue was with EA and their "pirate protection". Every new hardware part did count as a new installation, thus using all installations you’ve had up wasn’t that hard.

Ohey you’re this guy from S09B17!

Ranmo
Jul 25, 2012, 06:37 PM
That makes more sense, just replaced my mobo actually. Thanks!

Ana-Chan
Jul 25, 2012, 06:45 PM
Not just hardware either, virtual hardware (such as virtual machine network adaptors) also take part in this hash. So it could have also been something that installed a driver onto your system.