PDA

View Full Version : Are Tranmizers a possible code duel in the Desert stage now?

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 06:29 PM
Just saw a screencap in another post that just got deleted, is this a normal code duel spawn or just a glitch?

It'd be nice if it was normal, deserts kinda bland at the moment

Chacron
Jul 25, 2012, 06:32 PM
Don't think so, only Ragna and Gwandas. I do know for sure that you can find them in mines as a code duel, fought one on the way to fight another as a boss.

Arios
Jul 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
Yep, they spawn at the desert too. Look at the enemy record ^^. Managed to find one and was like WHAT?!

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 06:34 PM
Nope. Only Sandworms and Ragnes. If a Transmiser appears in the Desert, it's the work of a hacker/the cancer that is killing /pso2/.

I stand corrected.

Crysteon
Jul 25, 2012, 06:34 PM
Makes sense to me they appear in there, it's the same planet and both areas are related.

Aaaaaand, Sega hasn't said anything about it being a glitch or something like that, as far as I know.

Chacron
Jul 25, 2012, 06:35 PM
Yep, they spawn at the desert too. Look at the enemy record ^^. Managed to find one and was like WHAT?!
Where do you see the monster record?

Arios
Jul 25, 2012, 06:35 PM
Nope. Only Sandworms and Ragnes. If a Transmiser appears in the Desert, it's the work of a hacker/the cancer that is killing /pso2/.

No, it ISN'T the work of hackers...for the love of god...after the patch...Tranmizers appear at the desert too...look at the Enemy record of Free desert for example...

Briss
Jul 25, 2012, 06:36 PM
Yup, even seems to be more common than Ragne.

Crysteon
Jul 25, 2012, 06:38 PM
So script kiddies are also manipulating server-side variables now? Amazing! Bitch, please...

supersonix9
Jul 25, 2012, 06:49 PM
Yes. It's awesome.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 06:53 PM
Well thats cool, gives the desert some more variety than it currently has.

Desert and Forest both need more of a REAL boss. Mines and Caves and Tundra all have a miniboss, and an Actual boss. Rockbears just a mini boss and Gwanada definitely doesnt feel like anything more than a mini boss.

I really hope Fang Banther and Fang Banshee aren't gonna end up being forests 'True' bosses, theyre just reskinned tundra bosses and that would be really lazy on Segas end. I like the idea of them being random code duels in forest, but forest needs its own unique end stage boss. Rockbear just doesnt cut it. If some stages have a mini boss and an actual boss, they really all should.

jooozek
Jul 25, 2012, 06:53 PM
Kills records doesn't mean anything, it just records kills. Records kills. I'm afraid its too stupid to differ between legit spawns and cheated out spawns, and I'm sure that the monster kills records tables aren't fixed. Saying that I still believe that Tranmizer is a legit spawn on deserts now.

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah man those hackers totally hacked the desert MPA I was completely alone in and got a tranmizer to spawn for me to kill alone.

While I was by myself in the entire MPA.

Those hackers are pretty good these days.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 25, 2012, 07:01 PM
I kinda wish there was a 1/30 chance of a Ragne spawn in an area being re rolled into a totally random boss/miniboss spawn from a different stage (excluding Varder since it cant spawn anywhere due to size issues)

It would be so awesome to be going along in forest and come along a pack of players getting gang banged between a Tranmizer and a Vol Dragon hahaha

Ana-Chan
Jul 25, 2012, 07:01 PM
Yes it really seems like hackers have become a bogey man now. They are seen as evil and are able to do everything. This is actually interesting since the only thing that they have managed to successfully do on the server is move character and NPCs around.
Well, with all of the fear mongering going on around here, it is no wonder that things have gotten into the "blame it on the hackers" kind of thought pattern.

Arios
Jul 25, 2012, 07:08 PM
Kills records doesn't mean anything, it just records kills. Records kills. I'm afraid its too stupid to differ between legit spawns and cheated out spawns, and I'm sure that the monster kills records tables aren't fixed. Saying that I still believe that Tranmizer is a legit spawn on deserts now.

Didn't get your point :-( How come Kill record doesn't mean anything if it shows the percentage of ALL the monsters that spawns in the area? If a Transmizer appears at the record, it also appears at the current mission. Correct me if i'm wrong please ^^

jooozek
Jul 25, 2012, 07:10 PM
It doesn't mean anything because if someone ever managed to spawn a Vol Dragon in some forest mission it would record it. The percentage shows how much percent of the monsters that spawned were that certain monster. Its not something that the game uses to tell you "this monster has a X chance to spawn", while it can be read as that its not fixed data, it just aggregates all that it gathers.

Gardios
Jul 25, 2012, 07:11 PM
This is actually interesting since the only thing that they have managed to successfully do on the server is move character and NPCs around.
Don't forget about equipment, skills, PAs and removal of attack delays. But yeah, they shouldn't be able to influence spawns since they've only done client side stuff so far.

Then again, NPC/character positions shouldn't even be client side in the first place so who knows how SEGA programmed monster spawning.

Arios
Jul 25, 2012, 07:12 PM
It doesn't mean anything because if someone ever managed to spawn a Vol Dragon in some forest mission it would record it.

But, that's impossible...;-) No one WILL spawn a Vol Dragon in the forest, only if SEGA wants it ^^

jooozek
Jul 25, 2012, 07:13 PM
But, that's impossible...;-) No one WILL spawn a Vol Dragon in the forest, only if SEGA wants it ^^

Seeing how much stuff is handled client-side I wouldn't be too surprised if some leftoevers from some developing stuff was still in the game somewhere.

gundam0079
Jul 25, 2012, 07:38 PM
found one as well, i was surprised as well.

pikachief
Jul 25, 2012, 08:03 PM
The two wolf bosses will most likely be added as a code duel in the forest soon. So then each are should have some decent bosses going around. (Forest- Wolves & Rockbear, Caves- Accordian Dragon & Vol Dragon, Desert- (those 2 robots idk the name of lol) & Tranmizers & Gwonda (sp?), Tundra- Wolves & Mammoth, Mines- Tranmizers & Big Vader, Floating Islands- Crystal Dragon & possibly Vol Dragon)

Ana-Chan
Jul 25, 2012, 08:13 PM
The two wolf bosses will most likely be added as a code duel in the forest soon. So then each are should have some decent bosses going around. (Forest- Wolves & Rockbear, Caves- Accordian Dragon & Vol Dragon, Desert- (those 2 robots idk the name of lol) & Tranmizers & Gwonda (sp?), Tundra- Wolves & Mammoth, Mines- Tranmizers & Big Vader, Floating Islands- Crystal Dragon & possibly Vol Dragon)

Accordian Dragon = Catadoran
Robots = Gilnas

Also sure that the desert free field boss is Gwanarda, (the kana for it is グワナーダ). The Gwonda is the thing with the big shield.

pikachief
Jul 25, 2012, 08:16 PM
Accordian Dragon = Catadoran
Robots = Gilnas

Also sure that the desert free field boss is Gwanarda, (the kana for it is グワナーダ). The Gwonda is the thing with the big shield.

thanks for that :) I always forget their names. Not as easy to remember as other phantasy star game boss names D: (at least i dont think so haha)

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 08:38 PM
thanks for that :) I always forget their names. Not as easy to remember as other phantasy star game boss names D: (at least i dont think so haha)

Oh, just do what I do: make up names for them, like "Caterkiller" or "Jet Alone". >:3

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 08:58 PM
Right well you can drop this hacker shit wrt mizers in the desert.

I've personally encountered a mizer spawn (code attack or duel? I don't remember which it was) in the desert. Nobody else was around. I'm pretty sure it was in the drill quest, I was working on getting Furie unlocked in a quiet premium block. Nobody else was even doing that quest in the entire block.

I wonder if this is the new "proof or stfu." Even if you can prove it, it's obvious it's not legit and hackers did it.

Cyclon
Jul 25, 2012, 11:39 PM
Isn't the Transmizer a main boss? If I remember correctly, he has his own theme song...

Plus Big Varder would fit in a brand new category, since it can't apper as a random event for now... I'll call them MAJOR bosses. Copyright'd.

gigawuts
Jul 25, 2012, 11:41 PM
Tranmizer compares pretty linearly with the caterdran, but in the mines I only ever get mizers as code attacks. The only code duels I get in mines are ragne, always ragne. I don't play enough caves to remember what the caterdran spawns as.

Cyclon
Jul 26, 2012, 12:54 AM
Tranmizer compares pretty linearly with the caterdran, but in the mines I only ever get mizers as code attacks. The only code duels I get in mines are ragne, always ragne. I don't play enough caves to remember what the caterdran spawns as.
Ah, nevermind, his theme is the mid boss theme apparently. Don't really now what made me think otherwise.

Arios
Jul 26, 2012, 07:01 AM

Transmizer in the desert - Duel
Catardran- Attack

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2012, 07:28 AM
Heh, there's a thought. When the sky continent level launches we may be looking at crystal caterdran code duels (or some other midboss, but I'm particularly entertained by the idea of the noodle dragon going down through floating islands and noodle-flying his way to where he pops back up)

I do like what they're doing with bosses and enemies in general so far. Having mizers in the desert is pretty cool, I just wish they'd do a Small Vader for MPA's

Ezodagrom
Jul 26, 2012, 07:42 AM
The two wolf bosses will most likely be added as a code duel in the forest soon.
[spoiler-box]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Fang-Bantha-August.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I think it's a similar situation to this:

As for Fang Banther (the forest version of the Snow Banther boss in Tundra) coming in August, he’ll first show up in emergency quests so you won’t have a chance to fight him very often. Once victorious, he’ll also show up in normal quests as interrupt events.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-japan-two-weeks-later-status-report-and-maintenance/

I can only speculate about this, but I think that some of the new codes from new areas will appear in other or some of the other areas if anyone in the multiparty has defeated that code at least once. I'm guessing that code destruction, code rescue with the lillipas (seen it once in the normal desert free field) and code duel/attack with transmizer could maybe work like this.

Draconian
Jul 26, 2012, 08:20 AM
Yes it really seems like hackers have become a bogey man now. They are seen as evil and are able to do everything. This is actually interesting since the only thing that they have managed to successfully do on the server is move character and NPCs around.
Well, with all of the fear mongering going on around here, it is no wonder that things have gotten into the "blame it on the hackers" kind of thought pattern.

there was a post on the news just recently i believe it was a news post on the 23rd or 24th on pso2 website that said (unless it was translated wrong) but i doubt it that hackers had been hacking the client server side as they had been able to move the npcs again on top of casting techniques in the arcs lobbies. not sure what all this means but if hacking is this bad on the japanese servers i can bet the us servers wont last a year til all the legit people quit.

oifjustus
Jul 26, 2012, 01:07 PM
So script kiddies are also manipulating server-side variables now? Amazing! Bitch, please...

Read more than a few replies and you'd see it has nothing to do with cheaters lol.

Kirukia
Jul 26, 2012, 01:14 PM
Yes it really seems like hackers have become a bogey man now. They are seen as evil and are able to do everything.

The Dark Falz of PSO2 is a hacker! The script kiddies are his spawns.
It all makes sense now.

Crysteon
Jul 26, 2012, 03:48 PM
Read more than a few replies and you'd see it has nothing to do with cheaters lol.

I was actually making fun of the full overreaction people have fallen into lately, i.e: Hackers, bannings, etc....

Guess I should tone down my asshole comments D:

Opy
Aug 13, 2012, 02:26 PM
sarcasm seems to have a 50/50 success rate on this forum.

iTz PooKiie xx
Aug 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
I was actually making fun of the full overreaction people have fallen into lately, i.e: Hackers, bannings, etc....

Guess I should tone down my asshole comments D:

Your assholier is over 9000

Devroux
Aug 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
I've fought a Tranmizer in the desert the first time I played Desert Exploration. It was totally random and ended up killing one of my party members twice before we beat it. :lol: It was awesome though. I'd like to see more of them.

Crysteon
Aug 13, 2012, 03:26 PM
Your assholier is over 9000

Bah, and you havent seen the best of me.

By the way, what's up with this necrobumping?

DemonMike
Aug 13, 2012, 04:08 PM
Bah, and you havent seen the best of me.

By the way, what's up with this necrobumping?

Because Fang Banther spawning in free forest is hax.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
Heh, there's a thought. When the sky continent level launches we may be looking at crystal caterdran code duels (or some other midboss, but I'm particularly entertained by the idea of the noodle dragon going down through floating islands and noodle-flying his way to where he pops back up)

I do like what they're doing with bosses and enemies in general so far. Having mizers in the desert is pretty cool, I just wish they'd do a Small Vader for MPA's

called it

Shadowth117
Aug 13, 2012, 05:23 PM
called it

Lol so true. Maybe they're more like serpent dragons then.... stretchy... lizard... things... I don't know what you'd really call them now.

TaigaUC
Aug 14, 2012, 05:26 AM

I stand corrected.

If they could do that, the first thing we'd see is monsters slaughtering everyone in the lobbies.

IAmSecretSpy
Aug 14, 2012, 08:08 AM
Yup, showed up for me and i don't even have mines unlocked.