PDA

View Full Version : Question about unlocking Matter Boards

njdss4
Jul 25, 2012, 06:29 PM
I've had Matter Board 1 at 100% for a long time now, but I can't seem to get the second one to unlock. I've looked all over the Shopping Lobby for Shion and she's not there. I've talked to every NPC and nothing triggers. I've looked at my Story Quests at the Quest Counter and there's only the tutorial mission available. What am I supposed to do to unlock the new Matter Boards?

Mikura
Jul 25, 2012, 06:31 PM
I've had Matter Board 1 at 100% for a long time now, but I can't seem to get the second one to unlock. I've looked all over the Shopping Lobby for Shion and she's not there. I've talked to every NPC and nothing triggers. I've looked at my Story Quests at the Quest Counter and there's only the tutorial mission available. What am I supposed to do to unlock the new Matter Boards?

I ran into this problem before and felt really stupid for overlooking it but....On the first story quest given to you at the counter, did you make sure you did Chapter 0 AND Chapter 1? You have to do both before the second matter board is unlocked.

njdss4
Jul 25, 2012, 06:40 PM
I ran into this problem before and felt really stupid for overlooking it but....On the first story quest given to you at the counter, did you make sure you did Chapter 0 AND Chapter 1? You have to do both before the second matter board is unlocked.

With everything in Japanese, I don't even know what I've completed. How do I know if I've done Chapter 0 and Chapter 1? What visual cue is there? If I haven't done Chapter 1, where do I find it? I'm nearing my end of wanting to play this game untranslated :(

Mike
Jul 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
How do I know if I've done Chapter 0 and Chapter 1? What visual cue is there?
The icon next to the mission will have a yellow mark next to it. In the case you've gotten both paths for a story mission unlocked, it may have half a yellow mark next to it if you've already done it once.

Ana-Chan
Jul 25, 2012, 06:56 PM
Go to the quest counter and look for the story quest. (The text to look for is ストーリークエスト). If there is a red exclamation mark next to it then you haven't touched it at all. Now I can't remember exactly, but with the later story missions, if you had completed only one of the two routes, then it would only be a half of a crown next to it. So check if the story quest has a red exclamation mark (meaning new mission), blank (meaning either attempted and failed or none of the major goals successfully done for that mission, you can get this by going straight ahead in the first story quest) or half a crown (I think, which means first of the two done).
The story mission is the tutorial mission, but half way through, the bit where the darker attack you for the first time, you actually take control. After the fight, you are left in an intersection. Going straight ahead takes you to chapter 0, where you meet Xeno and Echo, but going to your right takes you to the first half of chapter 1. This is where you need to go to finish off the first matter board and get the second one.

njdss4
Jul 25, 2012, 07:04 PM
Go to the quest counter and look for the story quest. (The text to look for is ストーリークエスト). If there is a red exclamation mark next to it then you haven't touched it at all. Now I can't remember exactly, but with the later story missions, if you had completed only one of the two routes, then it would only be a half of a crown next to it. So check if the story quest has a red exclamation mark (meaning new mission), blank (meaning either attempted and failed or none of the major goals successfully done for that mission, you can get this by going straight ahead in the first story quest) or half a crown (I think, which means first of the two done).
The story mission is the tutorial mission, but half way through, the bit where the darker attack you for the first time, you actually take control. After the fight, you are left in an intersection. Going straight ahead takes you to chapter 0, where you meet Xeno and Echo, but going to your right takes you to the first half of chapter 1. This is where you need to go to finish off the first matter board and get the second one.

/facepalm omg, how was I supposed to know that? I looked around and saw red force fields blocking some other paths, so I thought I was being forced to go north from the intersection every time. Thank you.

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 07:07 PM
You should unlock a new Matter Board for every story mission you complete.

Mikura
Jul 25, 2012, 07:19 PM
/facepalm omg, how was I supposed to know that? I looked around and saw red force fields blocking some other paths, so I thought I was being forced to go north from the intersection every time. Thank you.

It'll force you to go one way at first, then as you complete the yellow orbs on your matter board, it unlocks the other paths for you within that mission.

That's another thing if you haven't already figured out. Above all else, finish the yellow orbs on each matter board. Those are the key orbs that progress the main story-line along and help you unlock future matter boards.

njdss4
Jul 25, 2012, 07:53 PM
It'll force you to go one way at first, then as you complete the yellow orbs on your matter board, it unlocks the other paths for you within that mission.

That's another thing if you haven't already figured out. Above all else, finish the yellow orbs on each matter board. Those are the key orbs that progress the main story-line along and help you unlock future matter boards.

So I'll be going back to that same tutorial mission just to take new paths that are unlocked?

Ana-Chan
Jul 25, 2012, 07:59 PM
Yes, there are two paths unlocked in that story quest. When you get to that first darker fight, you are in the middle of a cross shaped intersection. Going backwards is going back the way you came, going forward is the way to chapter 0. Going right takes you down the path that is unlocked on matter board 1 and going left takes you down the path that is unlocked on matter board 2, these are both chapter 1. Both of these chapter 1 paths are blocked until you unlock them on the matter board (and I don't think you get the first story quest until you get the gold orbs on the first board anyway). Once you have matter board 2 complete and the second path for chapter 1 complete, you will get matter board 3. This will open up a new story quest.
The second story quest will have a similar layout. Part way through you will have the choice to go left or right and one of them will be blocked off if you don't have enough golden orbs. You also have to complete this quest twice for chapter 2. The same for 3 and so on.