PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Ship 02 Place to Hang Out

MelancholyWitch
Jul 25, 2012, 08:56 PM
Well because of what's been going on lately with exploits, I have thought of offering up my TeamSpeak 3 server for those who are wanting to communicate with others but prefer to stay in My Rooms or Camp Ship, to bring the lobby chat with them! If you'd like to make a channel request for your team feel free to do so I'll create one for you.

You can download Teamspeak 3 here, http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

The TeamSpeak3 info is: IP=82.102.8.17:1105 PW=tugaspt

If you need help with set up or have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me, it's very easy to use.

I'm sorry but this is for Ship 02 players only, as we only have 50 slots available, nothing against the other ships but I'm just making this exclusive for Ship 02 players.

Kirukia
Jul 25, 2012, 08:58 PM
I'd join but I'm too damn shy :D
Good luck with your channel.

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 09:00 PM
inb4thebigbadzipzo

Thanks for the offer, but I'm nervous about voice-chatting with strangers. I prefer to do so only with friends I know. :3

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 09:03 PM
Alas, I also do not like using vocal communication methods with others unless I consider them friends and trust them in the utmost regard.

But! This is a cool idea, and I wish you good luck. Sounds like a fun time for those who want to do it.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 25, 2012, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't worry, you should invite your friends and request for a channel! no one really has to be forced to use their mic anyways, there's always the chat.

Kirukia
Jul 25, 2012, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't worry, you should invite your friends and request for a channel! no one really has to be forced to use their mic anyways, there's always the chat.

Mmm that's true. There are other channels and chat rooms. I think I'll consider it :)

Vintasticvin
Jul 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
inb4thebigbadzipzo

Thanks for the offer, but I'm nervous about voice-chatting with strangers. I prefer to do so only with friends I know. :3

He/she hasn't been on for hours so no sweat :P plus Zippy reminds me of the Goosfraba scene from that movie anger management.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 25, 2012, 09:07 PM
I was just thinking since most people use skype it'd be a lot easier for those that don't want a lot of background noises or having to constantly mute themselves.

Vintasticvin
Jul 25, 2012, 09:14 PM
I was just thinking since most people use skype it'd be a lot easier for those that don't want a lot of background noises or having to constantly mute themselves.

True it is in fact easier to communicate then again we may wind up as the next ventrillo harassment video sensation and make the WoW ones a thing of the past Hell why should we even consider getting a Vent we cant even talk to each other civilized here on the forums :( Please don't shoot me Pilsies!

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 09:46 PM
I think the last thing I'd want in my Skype is block 20 lobby chat...gonna be honest here. I've been voice chatting with people I don't know for like a decade in online games though, what has some of you so scared? It's just a voice, not like you can get alley way raped through your microphone.

And I'll huff...and I'll puff...

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 09:50 PM
what has some of you so scared?

The fact that we're our own person, and, ergo, we have our own ways of thinking, and our own experiences, which may or may not have had a hand in our own cautious behavior towards 'strangers', whether virtual or physical. There's also predisposition, personalities, etc., to consider as well.

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
The fact that we're our own person, and, ergo, we have our own ways of thinking, and our own experiences, which may or may not have had a hand in our own cautious behavior towards 'strangers', whether virtual or physical. There's also predisposition, personalities, etc., to consider as well.*shrug

Don't you ever partake in any social activities that entail meeting new people? If so, I can't see how this is any different.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 09:53 PM
Don't you ever partake in any social activities that entail meeting new people? If so, I can't see how this is any different.

I do not, for much the same reasons I listed prior.

Zipzo
Jul 25, 2012, 09:54 PM
I do not.
Fair enough.

Crimson Exile
Jul 25, 2012, 09:55 PM
Fair enough.
Lol guess you are the big bad zipzo they mentioned

Kirukia
Jul 25, 2012, 10:36 PM
I think the last thing I'd want in my Skype is block 20 lobby chat...gonna be honest here. I've been voice chatting with people I don't know for like a decade in online games though, what has some of you so scared? It's just a voice, not like you can get alley way raped through your microphone.

I have a personal reason, which I'm not going to spew all over this thread. At any rate I've talked to people from PSOW on voice chat before, but only after I knew them a bit better through an MSN group. I just want to know the person better beforehand. Just because you think a certain way doesn't mean everyone else is wrong for thinking another way. It's simply our own opinions, so why do you care?

Dan Maku
Jul 25, 2012, 10:38 PM

I'm just socially anxious in general. It's one thing communicating through just text, but a whole other thing for me to actually talk with someone online.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 25, 2012, 10:47 PM
well you guys really don't have to use your voice to communicate it's just another way to chat if you're all by yourself in a camp ship or someone's room.

Kirukia
Jul 25, 2012, 10:54 PM
well you guys really don't have to use your voice to communicate it's just another way to chat if you're all by yourself in a camp ship or someone's room.

I'm downloading it now. But don't expect me to speak right away :p I'll stick to chat til I know everyone better if that's okay.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 25, 2012, 11:16 PM
I could try, but I have 0 ways of using a mic

MelancholyWitch
Jul 25, 2012, 11:42 PM
it's ok! there's always the chat within the server.

Lostbob117
Jul 26, 2012, 12:34 AM
There's a community chat already.

supersonix9
Jul 26, 2012, 12:36 AM
There's a community chat already.

nevermind.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 26, 2012, 02:24 AM
This is for people who don't like mumble and who are only on Ship 02 which is different than the community chat.

Zipzo
Jul 26, 2012, 03:33 AM
This is for people who don't like mumble and who are only on Ship 02 which is different than the community chat.I think vent is still better than TS3 personally just because of interface. Though I do have TS3.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 26, 2012, 07:32 AM
It's just user friendly and the Teamspeak I'm running has great quality.

oifjustus
Jul 28, 2012, 10:35 PM

Exactly.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 29, 2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah no need to be afraid, there's moderation that would prevent people screaming into mics or the like, I'd prefer it than to sit in lobby chatting, that seems so pointless to me.

jOhMG
Jul 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
I'll check it out whenever I dig up my mic. This is a great idea and thank you very much for being so generous.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 29, 2012, 09:50 AM
You're welcome feel free to message me if you have any trouble connecting and any of your friends are more than welcomed to use it or if you team needs a channel that can be arranged.

Haseokun
Jul 29, 2012, 10:54 AM
I use to talk to people from these boards back when Phantasy Star Portable 2 was the main game to play and they had voice chat and made use of MSN groups. I feel the need to ask if Ship 2 is still the main Ship for English players. I've been playing on Ship 7 with my lv9 RAmar. I avoided Ship 2 after hearing about the hacking fiasco, but from my experience it seems like Ship 7 has the same problems with people hacking into your passworded parties. It's been my experience that the last 4 missions I ran involved at least one or more people coming in with their 3 npcs, despite setting a password. I even screenshotted 3 of the 4 parties. I recognized one of the players as someone who had been hanging out around the lobby before I started the mission. Also, can someone explain what it means when the PSE message pops up on the top right corner? Usually when people jump in the PSE level is raised, typically from PSE1 to PSE3. I have been running the lv7 mission frequently as it is the highest mission currently available to me, despite running all the Client Orders that I was able to understand, which was quite a few actually. There was also once a Solo lv11 mission that appeared on my quest log back when I was lv3, but I'm guessing that was this games version of a "Rare Mission" like the rare runs in PSU because I've yet to ever see it again.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 29, 2012, 11:02 AM
Yes pretty much most English speaking players went to Ship 02 although there are quite a bit on ship 10 as well.

chaoelite
Jul 29, 2012, 11:04 AM
I use to talk to people from these boards back when Phantasy Star Portable 2 was the main game to play and they had voice chat and made use of MSN groups. I feel the need to ask if Ship 2 is still the main Ship for English players. I've been playing on Ship 7 with my lv9 RAmar. I avoided Ship 2 after hearing about the hacking fiasco, but from my experience it seems like Ship 7 has the same problems with people hacking into your passworded parties. It's been my experience that the last 4 missions I ran involved at least one or more people coming in with their 3 npcs, despite setting a password. I even screenshotted 3 of the 4 parties. I recognized one of the players as someone who had been hanging out around the lobby before I started the mission. Also, can someone explain what it means when the PSE message pops up on the top right corner? Usually when people jump in the PSE level is raised, typically from PSE1 to PSE3. I have been running the lv7 mission frequently as it is the highest mission currently available to me, despite running all the Client Orders that I was able to understand, which was quite a few actually. There was also once a Solo lv11 mission that appeared on my quest log back when I was lv3, but I'm guessing that was this games version of a "Rare Mission" like the rare runs in PSU because I've yet to ever see it again.

You mean they physically are in your party or are you possibly confusing another party in a multi party area?

jOhMG
Jul 29, 2012, 02:18 PM
Just set-up TS on my computer. I connected successfully no idea if my mic and everything works, but I'll figure that out later. Everything worked out well. I'll be around later. Thanks again

ScottyMango
Jul 29, 2012, 04:02 PM
For once... I agree with Zipzo.

Now, there's nothin' wrong with being shy/introverted, but it really doesn't hurt to try and be a bit more social. I used to be the same way when I was young; all nervous about talking to new people and whatnot. Though, once you try to get past all that, then talking with/meeting new people usually becomes a really pleasant experience.

It also helps build confidence and character, but to each their own.

Sgt Naaman
Jul 29, 2012, 04:50 PM
Ill join as i am looking to find more ppl to run with

MelancholyWitch
Jul 29, 2012, 06:52 PM
ok for sure I saw you on earlier, if you log on the ts just hop straight into the PSO2 channel and that'll avoid any confusion, the TS is open to you and any of your friends, also you can always ask me to run something anytime of any level, I'd be more than happy to.

kaitokamina
Jul 30, 2012, 02:10 PM
New to PSO2 and this board. First day yesterday and lvl 13 already :D. Will be hopping on TS later to meet other English players!

Altus
Jul 30, 2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for setting this up, it's nice to have something like this available. Just got on, and will be on for a short bit to test it out while in-game. :P

Cobalt01
Aug 3, 2012, 01:31 AM
The password is not working anymore?

moorebounce
Aug 3, 2012, 01:45 AM
The password is not working anymore?

Wasn't working for me either.