PDA

View Full Version : I had an idea: Changing your edge color?

Crimera
Jul 26, 2012, 05:23 AM
This game has one of the best customization I have ever had the pleasure of using...

But what if we could also change the color of the plasma edge on our swords, partisans, etc?

I always hated getting a "unique" weapon and it be a totally different color than I am wearing :C .

...This way, I can be the "Crimson Haired Tsundere", with a Crimson blade > : D

:etongue:

Darki
Jul 26, 2012, 05:26 AM
Well, it would be awesome, but sadly I doubt that will happen at this point. It would be cool that weapons were color-customizable too, I have that Red Processor there that looks crap with all my outfits and i'd happily change it =/

Limbo_lag
Jul 26, 2012, 05:41 AM
That's how it was with the PSP games, depending on element. Would be nice to have on PSO2.

Wokker
Jul 26, 2012, 05:51 AM
One thing that id like to see in PSO2, is a feature to change colour of individual parts and add a custom emblem(like Guild/team emblem) to your armor and weapons.

But I doubt they would give us something like this.

JeyKama
Jul 26, 2012, 06:55 AM
The only customization I would want to my weapon visuals would be an indication of what element it is(most weapons have glowy cartridges or trim that'd work fine), and the gear color swap to non-rares. I carry like 2-3 of the same weapons sometimes, and easily forget which one is which element on my bar...

IzzyData
Jul 26, 2012, 07:15 AM
The only customization I would want to my weapon visuals would be an indication of what element it is(most weapons have glowy cartridges or trim that'd work fine), and the gear color swap to non-rares. I carry like 2-3 of the same weapons sometimes, and easily forget which one is which element on my bar...

When you are scrolling through them with your mouse wheel it shows what element it has to the right.

darkante
Jul 26, 2012, 07:52 AM
I´m for the idea. You would think they would put some option whenever you tekk a untekked weapon.

JeyKama
Jul 26, 2012, 07:54 AM
True. I tend to use my mouse side buttons (gaming mouse) to swap weapons though, so I don't even see the weapon wheel. Mostly I'd just like something PSU-like where it was obvious visually what element your weapon was other than the fleeting effect when you hit a mob.

moorebounce
Jul 26, 2012, 08:35 AM
If Sega was to put that option in the game they would charge you for it but that would be worth it.

Lostbob117
Jul 26, 2012, 09:07 AM
Noooo. Also Human Supremacy.

Laxedrane
Jul 26, 2012, 09:13 AM
I like this since a lot of weapons on PSU only looked good with certain elements on them and being able to customize the color of the photon would definitely add that extra layer of individuality.

I also like the ability to set my mags color independent of my current outfit.

DARKWINGDARA
Jul 26, 2012, 09:28 AM
god no, i foresee too much pink.

Deviruki
Jul 26, 2012, 09:28 AM
Well...
In some of the other games the photon color changes depending on the element of the weapon.
While it would be nice to change, I don't think Sega has even thought about this.

Zyrusticae
Jul 26, 2012, 09:33 AM
Maybe for rares. That would be kinda cool.

Commons and uncommons should stay the way they are, though, since color serves as a strong indicator of their relative power. I like the fact that they have a very obvious progression here (common = turqouise -> dark purple, uncommon = yellow -> dark red).

Rares lie somewhat outside that progression, however, so it would be fair to be able to change their colors around...

GoldenFalcon
Jul 26, 2012, 10:25 AM
And here I thought I'd see a complaint about how you can change eye color, but not hair color unless you pay. Dyeing hair can't be that out of reach compared to contacts.. or eye surgery for that matter

But, anyway, they're releasing a sword that follows the paladin-y trend, with the white/gold detailed handle with salmon-y red blade

ScottyMango
Jul 26, 2012, 11:10 AM
I think it would be good only for very specific looking rares, because the color of the blade often signifies its strength, and I like that.

Dan Maku
Jul 26, 2012, 11:49 AM
The color of a weapon indicates its overall non-grinded strength. As such, it's fine the way it is.

Crimera
Jul 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
The color of a weapon indicates its overall non-grinded strength. As such, it's fine the way it is.

See? This is what the "star"system should have been. An indication of power for the respective level.

We can turn off our armor pieces.
We can wear a variety of clothing. Clothing that, under any other circumstance, would normally get us killed if it weren't for line-shields.
We have the most robust character creator I have ever seen (for now).

Why not add this to the list? The game seems geared towards styling out your character ^.^! It can only benefit you? The only disadvantage I see is the inability to show off how strong you are to someone else.

Also, I'd like to know how to link weapons in chat. I wonder if we even can? Most MMOs have it for those that like to show off stats and such...

GoldenFalcon
Jul 26, 2012, 12:02 PM
Also, I'd like to know how to link weapons in chat. I wonder if we even can? Most MMOs have it for those that like to show off stats and such...

Have to tell them to view your Character Info via clicking on you

HFlowen
Jul 26, 2012, 12:14 PM
I didn't like this from PSU. It forced every weapon to have a noticeably large area of photons in the design so that you could see these changes and forced several rare weapons into a single element because otherwise the weapon would look awful (gudda skela being blue all the time comes to mind).

JeyKama
Jul 26, 2012, 02:49 PM
Well, if I had my way, it's not that the whole damn blade would turn into the element color. This system works fine for displaying the * rarity.

What I want is an accent of some kind that many weapons have that could be color-changed to show element. Many rifles and launchers, for example, have a glowing cartridge in addition to the rarity glowstripe, that could be used for that function. Melee weapons could have glowstripes running along the shaft or hilt that could be element-color coded. It doesn't have to be blatant. But it would help me out a lot :p

GrieverXVII
Jul 26, 2012, 08:26 PM
I dont think any game beats APB at customization, but i do like the idea you have here. Though maybe not the photon color as thats a sign of strength progression but i'd like the idea of changing your weapons colors and design!

This is a personal gripe but i really feel like the hard edges on photon blade weapons kill the look and design. It almost looks outdated in terms of visuals, i would rather have it pulsating like an aura effect or streams of photon emitting from the metal, possibly for those with a more powerful gfx card. Maybe i'll do a touch up in photoshop and make a poll to see what people think.

Angelo
Jul 26, 2012, 08:31 PM
I'd rather just have good ol' weapon reskinning.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2012, 08:32 PM
I demand Transmog from WoW!

....for Meseta!

..............I can dream, dammit!

Kanore
Jul 26, 2012, 08:32 PM
it's not called plasma, it's photon

get your facts straight, learn the lore

GrieverXVII
Jul 26, 2012, 08:39 PM

Educate yoself FOO!

Crimera
Jul 27, 2012, 06:21 AM

I forget what the difference is between the two....

Could you tell me?

JeyKama
Jul 27, 2012, 08:28 AM
[physicslesson]

Plasma is gas that's been ionized by some means, whether by heating, electricity, being bombarded by microwaves, whatever. It becomes polarized and thus able to be manipulated by electrodes (which is how plasma TVs work) among other things.

Photons are the energy packets that make up light - they have a wavelength and a velocity(speed of light) yet seem to behave as well like particles despite having no measurable physical mass. Many reactions give off light as one means of energy (like fire).

[/endphysicslesson]

In these games you take your weapon blades, which are made from conventional metal, coat those in a special resin and imbed the crystallized photons in the resin. Not sure how it works out for guns but I assume that a 'cartridge' of some sort is involved that enhances/coats the conventional gun functions be it laser/missile/bullet.

It's a chunk of sci-fi mumbojumbo, but if you wanted to make sense of PSO2 weaponry you could think of "photons" being small packets of active plasma that generate more light/energy when the user runs their own energy through them (or push a button to really activate it).

Sebastian & PSO
Jul 27, 2012, 09:16 AM
I just wish customizing hair colour didn't cost 'real' money. So lame that I choose blonde hair instead of fuscia red/pink for my HUnewearl and now I'm stuck with it unless I pay 'Arks Cash' yet changing eye color, face patterns and all the rest is free.

And i think it would defeat the purpose of having a 'rare' weapon. Everyone would change their usual green weapons into red ones to automatically make them look rare.

Galax
Jul 27, 2012, 10:59 AM
It would be neat. I'm not trusting SEGA to please us, though.

And you know, alll this Human/Newman/Cast Supremacy crap.
You're all wrong.

It's (http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pso-dragon.jpg) all (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/charworld/ch_enemy_ch02i.png) about (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2sFYbefkHAg/T8Sqd9wbyoI/AAAAAAAAC9Q/gozbynjHUO0/s1600/Phantasy_Star_Online_2_Boss_03_Vol_Dragon.jpg) the (http://firsthour.net/screenshots/phantasy-star-zero/phantasy-star-zero-dragon-party.jpg) dragons. (http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/psp2-dragon.jpg)
Because without them, it wouldn't be Phantasy Star, and all your Humans, Newmans, Casts, Beasts, and whatever else has popped in and out over the years would be totally pointless.