PDA

View Full Version : AC updates?

DeathByPogs
Jul 26, 2012, 07:41 PM
Just curious if anyone who has bought AC has had the payment withdrawn from their bank account yet? I have bought AC twice, and neither time has shown up. My bank can see that it has gone through, but SEGA hasnt taken the money yet.

Just curious if anyone has actually been charged.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 26, 2012, 07:48 PM
Just curious if anyone who has bought AC has had the payment withdrawn from their bank account yet? I have bought AC twice, and neither time has shown up. My bank can see that it has gone through, but SEGA hasnt taken the money yet.

Just curious if anyone has actually been charged.

It's been authorised, but it can take up to a month before the money is actually deducted from your balance because of the way the Japanese CC system is set up.

Sirius-91
Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM
It's been authorised, but it can take up to a month before the money is actually deducted from your balance because of the way the Japanese CC system is set up.

That can cause issues here in the states.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 26, 2012, 09:55 PM
That can cause issues here in the states.

Especially if you're using a fake address or something for your transaction? :-?

Sirius-91
Jul 26, 2012, 10:28 PM
Especially if you're using a fake address or something for your transaction? :-?

Nah, companies have 15 days to process the charge or else it goes back into the account. Usually afterwords the same company cannot take the money until a certain number of days or a new transaction has been made.

Anon_Fire
Jul 26, 2012, 10:34 PM
I'm with Bank of America and I just bought 3500 AC with my VISA debit card. As of right now, they are under "Authorized" status.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 26, 2012, 10:34 PM
Nah, companies have 15 days to process the charge or else it goes back into the account. Usually afterwords the same company cannot take the money until a certain number of days or a new transaction has been made.

Well, whenever I buy something from a Japanese vendor using my credit card, it usually gets authorised straight away but the money isn't deducted until the beginning of the next month. So you're saying they're not allowed to take the money if it's longer than 15 days? Right I'm off to my bank to reverse charges!

eharima
Jul 26, 2012, 10:39 PM
Come back on the first with results, OP

DeathByPogs
Jul 27, 2012, 04:29 AM
Alright, i just looked at my bank account and a payment has been deducted from Tokyo. So, all is well!

Grifs Astoni
Jul 27, 2012, 06:28 AM
Mine got taken already. Two transactions.

EXPFULL
Jul 27, 2012, 06:34 AM
Good to hear that money is being taken. That's a handshake in my books... no going back on the deal now!

Anon_Fire
Jul 27, 2012, 09:21 AM
Mine are still under "authorized" status.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
No change here. I did finally work out with my bank that the false positive duplicate transaction never passed the authorizing phase, so that means they're already fully aware that they won't be getting the money. Either they're waiting until the end of the month to get around to banning me, or they're eating the $12.56 loss.

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 27, 2012, 09:47 AM
I thought I was OK but apparently not. I have got two orders of 3000 AC and the charges showed for like 4 days in pending but then the just went away. Its been almost two weeks since the first charge and one since the second.

Wonder if there gonna ban me........

Angelo
Jul 27, 2012, 10:12 AM
Mine actually are no longer pending...

...however the purchases have just disappeared altogether from my transactions list...

I don't know if I'm entirely okay with that.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah, that's happening to everybody. It seems some people are having the transaction clear now, though, so that's good.

The only reason I mention bans at all is I have a special case - since I made two purchases of 1,000 AC in a short amount of time, the bank assumed it was a duplicate transaction and rejected the second one. I still got my AC, though. Only time will tell how this pans out.

If I get banned, oh well, maybe I'll make a new character with kana so I don't get autokicked from most JP parties.

Aewyn
Jul 27, 2012, 05:59 PM
Okay, just got off the phone with the fraud department. Basically, Chase regrets to inform me that Sega of Japan can basically charge me whenever they decide to-- it could take months, but they've already authorized the transactions I made and they assure me I am not at fault for any problems, just to make sure I continue to have sufficient funds in my account (this is not a problem). They did go on to say that SoJ should not hold onto the charges until the exchange rate is more favorable, but it is possible that they might do this, however wrong it is, and if I feel I have been taken advantage of I should call them back.

So, bottom line, Sega isn't holding the banhammer over my head, anyway. I gave a legitimate forwarding address-- as a billing address was not required at the time of checkout-- and Chase allowed all five prior transactions. It's just a waiting game, but nothing is wrong.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2012, 06:27 PM
On my screen they've already been authorized for certain amounts. Is that amount susceptible to change based on the exchange rate whenever they arbitrarily choose to collect?

Note: The values of identical AC purchases DID change on different dates, but they were all individually authorized for those given amounts. One for $12.56, one for like $12.61 a few days later, etc. I wouldn't think they would all change again based on when they collect...

Aewyn
Jul 27, 2012, 11:22 PM
Chase told me that SoJ would only be able to charge for the amount that Chase originally authorized, so they cannot wait to get a better exchange rate, they are only authorized to get what was originally promised in USD, not in yen, as the authorization comes from Chase not from Sega. So no matter how long they hold onto it they can only charge me as much as they originally said they would. That's what the fraud guy said, anyway.

Anon_Fire
Jul 27, 2012, 11:31 PM
Chase told me that SoJ would only be able to charge for the amount that Chase originally authorized, so they cannot wait to get a better exchange rate, they are only authorized to get what was originally promised in USD, not in yen, as the authorization comes from Chase not from Sega. So no matter how long they hold onto it they can only charge me as much as they originally said they would. That's what the fraud guy said, anyway.

I'm with Bank of America and I have 2 Arks Cash charges being authorized. Would that count as a similar situation?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 28, 2012, 01:24 AM
Well, my two transactions still haven't popped back up on my account yet. SoJ is fully aware I bought AC though. I got the item code for the EXP bonus recently and that was only for people who had purchased at least 2,000 AC. So, I'm in their system, and they know fully well they haven't got their money yet, but I got AC out of them anyway.

I just hope they take the money out soon. I'm tired of this hanging over my head D:

Aewyn
Jul 28, 2012, 02:20 AM
As I stated before in another thread (that ended up being locked), the charges are indeed being authorized which means the charge was acceptably entered. This means the address in previous pages is not relevant, because address checks are used to process credit charges and if the address is not correct it does not charge. ISAO does not perform an address check, they process the charge as POS Debit which does not require your address. Therefore the address has nothing to do with the transaction so do not worry that you are going to be banned simply for buying AC with a false address. Even so I'd recommend everyone at least use a Tenso address for safety's sake since this is not illegal and not ban-worthy.

Now what is ban-worthy is if someone takes a picture of you outside a window AND you reported a false address. This is speculation since we have no confirmation one way or another and I'm not looking to start anything, but it's possible that those pictured outside were also coincidentally using a false address, not a Tenso address or one that is verifiably owned by the registrant. This is only a possibility-- something I've been thinking about. No idea if it's true.

As far as the charges being authorized, as I said in my last post, as long as they appeared on your account even once you should be good to go. ISAO has the right to complete the charge practically any time they like since the bank has already issued an authorization number to them. Now what you're seeing happen when the charge disappears, is that the transaction pending notice has dropped off because your bank is no longer reserving the funds for ISAO to take. If ISAO decides to take them, the charges will appear as pending again, and then presumably complete because they accepted your money.