PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 So much question for this crazy game

Yukitsune
Jul 26, 2012, 11:38 PM
Hi fellas,

I will be straight, i never play PSO saga before so i apologize first if my question will me you feel i'm an total weirdo.

Actually it's been a week since i start PSO2 and level up so far a Force level 31.
I learn step by step how to do things by trying but not enough to understand the logic yet so i hope you guys can help me to learn more.

Ok let's go with the question :

1) First at all "the mag"
- As far as i read from all the guide, question i don't know if the mag make some impact on your character stats ?
- What if you make a Range Mag for a Force character instead of a Tech Mag ? Will it make a difference ?
- And of course i read there is 3 kind of different level 100 mag. So it mean 3 different Photon Blast. Is it good to make a Carina Mag (from the Tech branch) for a Force and lose som Tech point to have the mag i want instead of going for a full tech mag Monoceros ? Will it make something less on my attack or anything like that ?

2) "The Armor"
- So as call "Unit", as far as i try if i need to wear some armor(or even weapon) i need the number require must be higher than the number in brackets. Can you make that number go higher without level up ? (some of my friend told me that my mag def make that possible but i don't really know...)
- One of my friend told me that i better wear armor that have the same icon from my class (as i knew it only mean that i will have higher def from magic atk but that all no ?). He said that it should probably give me more T-atk (i'm not talking about the Affixe huh..)

3) "T-atk"
- Ok so what T-atk is really ? i have actually 848 T-atk when i check my character status. Does that mean my highest damage will be around 848 ? Is T-atk better than Ability ? I heard T-atk is for max atk and Ability is for usual damage i will make (is it true or fake ?)
- I make poor damage. between 280-400 with a skill (not in weak point or weak element) is it normal for a level 31 ? I saw so much Force people make more damage at my level...

4) "Number in Brasket"
- Lots of people tell me that they upgrade their defense so they can equip better armor. But what do they mean upgrade their defense ?!?!? I don't see anywhere where i ican choose wisely to upgrade one peticular stat (except in Skill trees witch can give you few option to like T-atk or T-def) so how can they do to make the number in brasket goes higher ?
- At level 40 (max level cap right now) can we wear 9 stars Armor or even Weapon without doing any upgrade or we must to ?
- If No how can we proceed to be able to ?

Ok that all my question right now after a long week of discovered of this mother piece of art Sega have create.
I intend to level 40 soon so i can stuff my charater correctly and start farming and helping my friend.
Of course i'm grateful for those who have read my post and sorry for my bad english (not my native one).

Thanks you again guys.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 26, 2012, 11:47 PM
Yep, PSO2 sure is a mother piece of art crazy game.

UnLucky
Jul 26, 2012, 11:54 PM
1) Mag
-Yes, they directly correlate to stats. 1 in a mag's tech is +1 t-atk on your character (works for prereqs on PAs and equipment).
-Yes, you could have up to 100 points that are of no use to your class (and lacking 100 elsewhere)
-Less tech = less damage (and heals). The mags have different triggers and photon blasts, so if one is amazing, it could be worth it.

2) Armor
-Mag stats and skill tree passives work for equipping gear
-The icon only indicates which stat is the highest. Every unit has values for S/R/T-Def. This is not necessarily the stat required to equip the unit. You'll have to read the character next to the parentheses. (打=S, 射=R, 法=T)

3) Damage
-There's some kind of complex damage formula. More T-Atk = more damage. More ability raises your average damage, but does nothing about your max (not sure if it strictly raises your minimum damage or just makes it more likely to roll higher).
-Are you charging your techs? Hold the key/button until you hear a *ding* and your skill will be ~5 times better for the same PP cost. Also "Just Attack" by pressing the key when the indicator turns red around you after the last attack.

4) Prereq
-Mags and skill tree
-Perhaps certain races, but you'll most likely need a boost
-Mags and skill tree (or level cap raise)

Nerineri
Jul 26, 2012, 11:56 PM
I will answer what I can.

1. The Mag does has some impact on your character. If you raise range attack instead of tech attack, your force will probably only benefit from using gunslash(gun mode)and some of its range PA. For the PB, it also depends on your preference too. Monoceros has this PB that recover your PP at super fast rate, while Karina shoot out a laser(?). Right now though, as a force, I already have Monoceros with me, but I am trying to raise a new one from the ability treee, Apse.

2. Either by investing points into the skill tree to increase specific available stats for your class, or the feed the Mag. See when you press "Y", you will bring up the Mag menu. You can see how many status level it add to your status by look at the number represent on each bar graph. Say you have 10 in Tech attack, that will add 10 point of tech attack status into your status too.

3. T-attack = tech attack. The higher the better. Just like any other normal games. Investing in Ability resulted in more green color damage. By the look of it, I think it just make your attack damage has a higher chance to reach Max damage. Like Rafoie can deal damage around 300-400. You will have higher chance of reaching 400 more often or something like that. As for your damage, well you can try and make sure to use proper element on proper enemies. Or you can grind your weapon for more tech attack. You can also timed your charge attack for a Just attack bonus for increasing damage. And you can put point into your skill tree for increasing damage too.

4. Hunters can increase their defense via mag, or skill tree. Rangers can also do the same, but they have range defense instead. For us forces, we have tech defense on our skill tree. I don't think you can wear 9 star armor and weapon if you did not invest anything on your mag or skill at all.

Chacron
Jul 27, 2012, 12:05 AM
Most, if not all of your questions are answered in various guides on this site in the guide/walkthrough section for PSO2. But I'll answer some of what you've asked.

T-Atk only affect techs, S-Atk only affects melee and melee PAs (slash mode of a Gunslash), and r-atk only affects guns (gun mode of gunslash). From this you can gather what stats you'd focus on your mag depending on class.

Your max t-atk isn't how much you'll do max, I think there's much more math involved there. Ability increases your minimum damage, so yes your friend was right. Also the other force doing more damage might have more damage modifiers going then you see like shifta, shifta drinks, or they're spec'd differently.

The numbers for a weapon and armor are shown as such: StatRequirementNumber(YourCurrentStatNumber). So if a weapon or armor has a 100 stat requirement and you have 120 of that stat it looks like this: 100(120).
Increasing your level and your Mag can help you get the stat requirement if you feed it accordingly.

Yukitsune
Jul 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
Thanks you for taking a moment to answer my question guys.

Ok so it really depend on what i want and how i'm ganna play my chararecter.
I will try different stuff and thing starting now that i understand how it really work.