PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 topped 700,000 users

Raging Ghost
Jul 27, 2012, 10:08 AM
In answer to having reached 730,000 players in PSO2, Sega now considers doing international servers.

Well, judging from Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/news/phantasy-star-online-2-tops-700000-users-6388776

Anyway, is it me, or I feel like they would want to troll people who asks for international servers?

Is it legit for you? Or it's just an attempt to lure in more players?

EXPFULL
Jul 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
International servers is one thing (wait, we have this already!), but supporting the game in those new regions is quite another.

I'd like to see them offer an international billing system for the current servers... as we're all aware, they are not region blocked!

Ranmaru
Jul 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
Mis-read that as tapped. PSO2 so naughty.

Laxedrane
Jul 27, 2012, 10:20 AM
International servers is one thing (wait, we have this already!), but supporting the game in those new regions is quite another.

I'd like to see them offer an international billing system for the current servers... as we're all aware, they are not region blocked!

This! I would be buying so much AC if I didn't have to jump through hoops to do so.(That and I didn't have to constantly reference websites to decipher the japanese to make sure I am buying the right thing>.>)

Edit:I wonder how many of those account are people just not wanting to pay for an extra character...

jooozek
Jul 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
Mister Jonathan Toyad most likely used google translate like all of us 8-)

Macman
Jul 27, 2012, 10:34 AM
Wasn't a western release already confirmed for early next year a while ago?

Such a long wait...

Priest
Jul 27, 2012, 10:46 AM
Maybe what they are saying is that they will finally implement more languages into this version, such as Korean, to make use of the existing option.

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2012, 10:47 AM
Still no word on level cap? I know they have to unlock it at some point.

Sizustar
Jul 27, 2012, 10:49 AM

They already announced in the future road-map.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=165

Lv.50 is expected in Fall major update

jooozek
Jul 27, 2012, 10:50 AM

We already know roughly when they are raising the level cap (http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-japan-2012-road-map/)

WolfDreamer
Jul 27, 2012, 11:41 AM
This! I would be buying so much AC if I didn't have to jump through hoops to do so.(That and I didn't have to constantly reference websites to decipher the japanese to make sure I am buying the right thing>.>)

Edit:I wonder how many of those account are people just not wanting to pay for an extra character...

Double This!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 27, 2012, 11:47 AM
Wait, PSO2 only has 700k users? In their fucking primary region?! I was expecting a million at least.

Zyrusticae
Jul 27, 2012, 11:59 AM
By MMO standards, 700k is huge. The only MMO in recent memory to get more than that was SWTOR... and it tanked soon afterwards.

Also, the concurrent player count is more important - 90k is higher than EVE Online's record, which is not shabby at all.

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2012, 12:07 PM
Aren't we only like towards the end of the third week of this game?

Anyway even though it's gamespot is this really legit...?

BahnKnakyu
Jul 27, 2012, 12:22 PM
They mentioned the spring release date later in the article, so I THINK he means that Sega is now considering global servers.

If that's the case, that would make for some mad hype. I wonder if the EN and JP installations of PSO2 can run simultaneously on one machine? I remember being able to do that with PSU.

Angelo
Jul 27, 2012, 12:28 PM
I've just gotten used to the idea of separate US/EU servers and cash shop.

Thanks for toying with my heart, Sega.

Macman
Jul 27, 2012, 12:30 PM
It's probably just the ambiguity of the Japanese language and we'll still be on our second-rate-citizen servers, but if it's true, I'll be a happy bastard.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 27, 2012, 12:34 PM
Better get some solid proof and not some random game website.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 27, 2012, 12:34 PM
Crapcom announces Megaman Legends 3! Fans rejoice.
Crapcom announces due to lack of interest, Megaman Legends 3 is cancelled! Fans are angry as hell but continue to support Crapcom.

Let's roll to more recent times...

$EGAC announces PSO2! Fans rejoice.
$EGAC announces they might consider an international release! They decide against it a week later And the fans _________.

NoiseHERO
Jul 27, 2012, 12:36 PM
Better get some solid proof and not some random game website.

Yeah this is where I'm still at. Where did SEGA "publicly announce" this?

Gardios
Jul 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
Crapcom announces Megaman Legends 3! Fans rejoice.
Crapcom announces due to lack of interest, Megaman Legends 3 is cancelled! Fans are angry as hell but continue to support Crapcom.

Let's roll to more recent times...

$EGAC announces PSO2! Fans rejoice.
$EGAC announces they might consider an international release! They decide against it a week later And the fans _________.

Difference is, Crapcom starts a project, gets the fans involved, blames the fans later on for the cancellation of the project and essentially kills off an entire franchise.

SEGA just annoys their fanbase abroad.

Mystil
Jul 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
It's Gamespot. Do not think this is a hoax, but I'm not sure how this would benefit the current NA/EU players ;o.

This isn't SOA where the level cap wont even happen til 2014(haha) :P.

Ezodagrom
Jul 27, 2012, 02:26 PM
It's Gamespot. Do not think this is a hoax, but I'm not sure how this would benefit the current NA/EU players ;o.

We're guessing that's because there are a whole bunch of customization options like in the last Phantasy Star Portable, with one major new addition: you can now pick your own hairstyle.They're totally reliable when it comes to phantasy star news. :3

http://www.gamespot.com/phantasy-star-portable-2/previews/phantasy-star-portable-2-hands-on-impressions-6266159/

DeathByPogs
Jul 27, 2012, 02:56 PM
I wonder if the EN and JP installations of PSO2 can run simultaneously on one machine? I remember being able to do that with PSU.

just install in different folders?

Mystil
Jul 27, 2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah, they will have totally different launchers, executables(hard to explain this in programming terms). So it's easy to duel client both versions.

But errrr...better have a lot of RAM on hand.

Aeris
Jul 27, 2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah, they will have totally different launchers, executables(hard to explain this in programming terms). So it's easy to duel client both versions.

But errrr...better have a lot of RAM on hand.

lol 4GB is all you need for running 2 of them, game isn't dependent on ram much but it is for the gpu and cpu if its not a quad core and a 1GB video card or more.

Zipzo
Jul 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
Let's not forget that registrations and active players are a different figure. With F2P it's hard to gauge this kind of thing...and comparing it to any P2P game (Like saying "only TOR topped this!) is a pretty invalid comparison because they have actual figures to prove how many people are actively paying for the service to play.

I'm sure the ratio of those playing completely free dwarves that of the PSO2 currency spending community, but there's just no decent way to tell based on user registrations exactly how bustling the game is in comparison to a P2P game.

Omisan
Jul 27, 2012, 04:34 PM
They give people fun points for logging in. There might be a system that tells them how many people have received fun points for logging in.

Actually i dont think it is too much to imagine that they know how many people are logging in period. forget the fun points

Mystil
Jul 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
They probably have server counters.

MelancholyWitch
Jul 27, 2012, 05:01 PM
Think sega will think even more towards this, the more foreign players that purchase AC? They might see how big they can expand their market with such an audience, either way I am not too surprised, that's also why there was so much time till the Western release. People aren't understanding they WANT to have global servers, but as of now they CAN'T because they don't know how to get past legality issues.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 27, 2012, 06:50 PM
Think sega will think even more towards this, the more foreign players that purchase AC? They might see how big they can expand their market with such an audience, either way I am not too surprised, that's also why there was so much time till the Western release. People aren't understanding they WANT to have global servers, but as of now they CAN'T because they don't know how to get past legality issues.

Dunno how but can't they do it like with PSP2? I was able to play with American just fine being from Europe for example. Should be able to get that for PSO2 as well?

sugarFO
Jul 27, 2012, 06:53 PM
I don't believe the legality crap. There's plenty of F2P games that do the "gambling" with real money sort of thing. And as far as censoring goes, I don't even think that would be a problem.

LaEspada
Jul 27, 2012, 08:03 PM
I don't believe the legality crap. There's plenty of F2P games that do the "gambling" with real money sort of thing. And as far as censoring goes, I don't even think that would be a problem.

ya take a look and Aeria Games they do that in such a way you waste way too much real money (they have a sort of spin the wheel kind thing) for some stupid in game crap.