PDA

View Full Version : Question about Just Attacks

Coscos007
Jul 27, 2012, 12:50 PM
Alright, so I got the Just Guard ability, and now I can get the Just Counter, which turns attaks after Just Guard into Just Attacks, but what is a Just Attack and what is the difference between it and the normal attack?
Thank you.

jooozek
Jul 27, 2012, 12:52 PM
Just Attack is an attack that you time properly in a combo, you need to hit either the normal attack button or the PA button right when the orange circle appears. It boosts the damage of that perfectly timed attack [by around 25%].

Macman
Jul 27, 2012, 12:53 PM
Just Attack is when you properly time your attacks to achieve higher damage.

When you attack, you'll notice a circle closing in on your character during the animation. Attack again once that circle turns red to perform a Just Attack.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
you also attack faster if you just attack so that's a nice incentive to get the timing down.

higher attackspeed + more damage.

Zorafim
Jul 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
Um... Are you sure about that? I haven't noticed any speed difference between a just attack and a spammed attack.

Omisan
Jul 27, 2012, 03:36 PM
You will notice it more if you are using a launcher.

Zorafim
Jul 27, 2012, 03:53 PM
Well, in that case,

*testingtestingtesting*

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 27, 2012, 04:13 PM
Um... Are you sure about that? I haven't noticed any speed difference between a just attack and a spammed attack.

If anything, I'd say there's a slight delay with the JA for a sword. You sacrifice a little speed for power. The only reason I can even attest to the speed difference is because some enemies are able to attack me if I focus on doing strictly JA rather than swinging normally for all three hits.

If the enemy can interrupt after my second swing and I go for the JA, I'll probably trade hits, but if I go for a normal swing on the third attack, I can interrupt them first. It has happened to me several times actually. I tend to prefer using JA 98% of the time though.

The only time I prefer speed over power is when I'm with multiple parties in an area during a PSE Burst/Cross Burst since speed is more important than power at that point.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 27, 2012, 04:29 PM
It basically has to be a first frame timing for it to be faster to JA
Compared to hold clicking which is just funny

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2012, 04:40 PM
It's like strong attacks on PSO. It has a delay, then the attack animation itself is indeed faster. For Just Attacks I think you MIGHT be able to attack faster if you time it JUST RIGHT, but realistically you're not going to be attacking faster.

Angry_Ryudo
Jul 27, 2012, 05:33 PM
Just Guard, what you got, negates damage of an enemy attack if you defend when you're about to get hit instead of receiving a small fraction of the damage you'd receive.

Just Counter, what you can get after JG, instead of negating damage, reflects the damage to the enemy if you do as said above, defend when you're about to get hit.

EDIT: hehehe... just realized that in the end this wasn't the answer to the question.... :S

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2012, 05:36 PM
It's also not true.

Just Guard negates and deflects damage. Just Counter merely gives you a just attack timer after just guarding, which can easily be replaced with step attack.

Coscos007
Jul 27, 2012, 09:33 PM
Alright guys, thank you very much, this has helped me a lot.