PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Will you switch?

reselath
Jul 27, 2012, 01:32 PM
Hey everyone, so my question is, will you be switching to US PSO2, staying in JP PSO2, or still debating.

Ana-Chan
Jul 27, 2012, 01:35 PM
I'm not switching, but I will still be playing the English language version. I'll end up playing both.

Kanore
Jul 27, 2012, 01:36 PM
i'll play both

jooozek
Jul 27, 2012, 01:40 PM
Where is the "play both" option?????????????????

Macman
Jul 27, 2012, 01:41 PM
Where is the "play both" option?????????????????

Yup..

oifjustus
Jul 27, 2012, 01:45 PM
Why switch servers? Just don't make it easy for them, and quit giving them the attention they want.. if no one talks to the "hackers" they will eventually get bored. But everyone seems to want to troll them all day everyday, which makes playing worth-while for them.

CyberNei
Jul 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
I bet hackers will come to US server too, lol. What stops them?
I myself will be on Japanese servers 'till I'll get done with this game.

Dokudoku
Jul 27, 2012, 02:30 PM
i'll wait until it's out and see. i have a bad feeling about an english release though, especially if it gets on steam. i'm sticking with jp if i see tf2 items in pso-en.

JayD-X
Jul 27, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hackers will exploit the crap out of the U.S. version. I will still download it but just to become more familiar with more of the options and stuff.

DeathByPogs
Jul 27, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hackers will exploit the crap out of the U.S. version. I will still download it but just to become more familiar with more of the options and stuff.

This ^^^^^

AzureBlaze
Jul 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
I want to feel confident about switching.
I want to play it for the story, and for the bigger crowd of people I can understand. However, the previous "bad support / no support" we got for other PS games makes me wary of switching. I don't like being holed up in a corner, as a part of the unwanted outsiders while being stalked by skript kiddies trying to ruin it for everyone.

I will keep the JP char & JP install of the game...play it once in a while to keep it active...
But I really want to be able to understand the whole thing and get updates too. The JP can become a backup, incase they pull another PSU/worst case scenario where they release it, take people's money and then never update anything and just let hax take over then blame the fans for "not liking the game" that never got updates and was not safe.

I'm kinda thinking this version is SO different that we won't get the same shenannigans PSU had, but that's "wait n See" territory still.

So, the poll should have a "keep both" option, or a "both with preference for..." option. Still hoping for the best.

JayD-X
Jul 27, 2012, 02:57 PM
I want to feel confident about switching.
I want to play it for the story, and for the bigger crowd of people I can understand. However, the previous "bad support / no support" we got for other PS games makes me wary of switching. I don't like being holed up in a corner, as a part of the unwanted outsiders while being stalked by skript kiddies trying to ruin it for everyone.

I will keep the JP char & JP install of the game...play it once in a while to keep it active...
But I really want to be able to understand the whole thing and get updates too. The JP can become a backup, incase they pull another PSU/worst case scenario where they release it, take people's money and then never update anything and just let hax take over then blame the fans for "not liking the game" that never got updates and was not safe.

I'm kinda thinking this version is SO different that we won't get the same shenannigans PSU had, but that's "wait n See" territory still.

So, the poll should have a "keep both" option, or a "both with preference for..." option. Still hoping for the best.
I can't help but think that the English servers are going to be so far behind so it's not going to be fun. I too want to be able to understand and read everything but I just can't help but think that they won't give two craps about the English version, especially since it's F2P. And when the hackers start to ruin the game I think the incentive to update the game will quickly diminish.

Edit: It would be cool if someone releases an English patch for the Japanese Server.

Fox2Tails
Jul 27, 2012, 03:00 PM
I'm only gonna play the JP and EU versions

Aeris
Jul 27, 2012, 03:11 PM
I won't switch but i play both.

ShinMaruku
Jul 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
I'll switch. I have both accounts so all good. I'd rather understand what I play and give the version localized for me a chance. If you are afraid of the hackers remember the game is coded in japan and by Sega's incompetent asses.

I bet some will say and when it fails because they are not giving money to their region and then point back and say "See it was gonna fail" Not knowing they had a hand in it. Well people get what they deserve.

Metalsnake27
Jul 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
Playing both...

ShinMaruku
Jul 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
I think if they were smart they'd P block when the US version comes out. Don't cannibalize your own shit.

Grifs Astoni
Jul 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't mind playing on both regions. I'm still considering my character on the Japanese server as my main though.

Xaeris
Jul 27, 2012, 03:21 PM
Nope. I realize it's a free game, but between work and other hobbies, I only have so much time to give to playing PSO2. I can't realistically be splitting that time between two separate regions and expect to get a good experience. So, I have to put my eggs in one basket, and the obvious bet is the JP server.

Mystil
Jul 27, 2012, 03:21 PM
..Am not going over the US side. JP is already getting a lvlcap increase before the year even ends. And early 2013 in SOA standards could mean May or June -.-, which could also mean, stuck at lvl40 til the end of the year. On top of the exploits that are bound to come up, since GameGuard is back and we all know how long it took for those revisions to get high enough where hardly any hacking took place.

There's other reasons as well. The PSU community was an unfriendly atmosphere, and I had trouble getting anywhere in the game because of it. Nope..not gonna self torture myself and go through that crap all over again. I have nothing against those who will switch or play both, all I say is good luck, cause you're gonna need it as long as you're under SOA.

Zorafim
Jul 27, 2012, 03:24 PM
I'll make a character in the US version. I'll go around, doing all the story quests and talking with all the NPCs. Trying to get all the story I possibly can. I'll get a translation, and be able to test out a new character. But as soon as I see all the story, I'm going back to the japanese server.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 27, 2012, 03:27 PM
Plenty of topics already asking/discussing this very same thing. Please use the search function next time.

Forcer
Jul 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
Ill switch, i probably wont play both cause of time issues

i would continue in the jap version with my char more advanced and all, but i like this too much and i want to have the most fun in it, i want to understand the story better, i want to understand everything i can do in the game better and although till now ive been having fun with the Japanese guys, even the ones that dont understand English and still play with me all day, it still is a million times better to play with someone you can talk to and develop a friendship, and its easier to convince someone you know in real life to play the game too

i want to have full knowledge of all my items and stuff, the menus, what the npc's are talking about, its unfortunate to leave all the work i had on this behind and start all over again, it will suck but it will play off later i think

Nu Lo Yin
Jul 27, 2012, 03:59 PM
Plenty of topics already asking/discussing this very same thing. Please use the search function next time.

Forum police...

You must be new to forums or you would know that most dont search and just repost. Its no big deal. Move on. Its going to happen probably another thousand times before the months over. Its just how people are on forums.

oifjustus
Jul 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
Forum police...

You must be new to forums or you would know that most dont search and just repost. Its no big deal. Move on. Its going to happen probably another thousand times before the months over. Its just how people are on forums.

The search function here is not to great anyways..

Cortte
Jul 27, 2012, 04:10 PM
I am still very unsure about whether or not i'll be switching. Of course i'll try the game out, but I would really only think to stay in the NA version if my friends decided to play. They are all too closed minded to the idea of playing it in JP. Secondly if we would be getting updates as fast and regularly as the JP one is. If those two things happen then yes I would go to NA. Otherwise it is JP for me......Or if my girlfriend ends up liking it a lot lol.

Omisan
Jul 27, 2012, 04:37 PM
I doubt i would understand the story even if they told it in English.

Zilch
Jul 27, 2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah well, like many others I'll play both. As the game is F2P I see nothing preventing me from fiddling with the US version as well. Aside from that it'll be fun to meet some new faces (and old faces returning I'm sure) there also seems to be quite a bit of wait between level cap increases (and larger content patches) so it's not like I'll be way too busy JP side.

Now, if Sega of America ends up providing top notch support for the game and don't lag behind much with the updates, I might just switch to US completely if a lot of people do the same, but..well..I don't really expect that to happen.

Either way, I can enjoy the best of two worlds. Hell yeah.

reselath
Jul 27, 2012, 04:52 PM
Why use search, chances are I'd be necroing a month+ old thread

SephirothXer0
Jul 27, 2012, 04:55 PM
I'll probably switch, but I'll keep my JP character around in case the US version is too barebones.

For me, this game has way too many intricacies like Arks Cash, FUN, events, client orders etc to really get into it in another language. Like the guy said above, I want to be able to know everything about the game, without bugging people all day to guide me along or looking for translation guides.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2012, 04:58 PM
JP version for sure. It's like Rosetta Stone for people who want to play video games instead of actually learning a language but still pick up on some things anyway.

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2012, 05:03 PM
I'll be doing most of my playing on the NA/EU server (provided theres no international server)because I'll be where I can spend my money w/o all the price gouging. It's bad enough the dollar is lower than the Yen but I'll be damned if I'm going pay over that too and play a game where I can't read the menus w/o guides.

Zari
Jul 27, 2012, 05:03 PM
I'll play both, and might switch over completely if it does well.

Blizz3112
Jul 27, 2012, 05:07 PM
Yes, because my friends will likely be on the western servers once released.

ashley50
Jul 27, 2012, 05:12 PM
JP for the real game

US...mainly story and for giggles.

Galax
Jul 27, 2012, 05:12 PM
...It depends on my three core friends that have dropped PSU and PSO for PSO2 like I have. if DK, Psy and Jade don't switch to US/EU, I'm not gonna bother with it too much. I'll still play it for the story missions because I adore a game with a story, but other'n that...I'm not sure I care.

LaEspada
Jul 27, 2012, 08:08 PM
Both are going to be F2P so i'll probably make an account on both and see how much SOA #$@$ the game. And if they don't I'll probably still stay on the Japanese servers

BlueCast Boy
Jul 27, 2012, 10:00 PM
As long as anyone's around JP server then I'll stay there.

Malifaux
Jul 27, 2012, 10:03 PM
I'm leaning toward no at this point, because I remember the good ol' days where we didn't really get good support, and we got holiday events weeks or months after the holiday in question....etc.

ExHumor
Jul 27, 2012, 10:18 PM
I'll have to say that I will be switching.

The reasoning behind this is because once the game finally does decide to come live early 2013 in NA/EU. The game is bound to be more popular. This is due to the fact that PSO2 will have been out already for half year or so, which will surely lose the interest of many who play this game. Based on the servers populations, at least from what I've seen during Japanese peak hours, there are only ever a couple servers (ships) that are full. The current ship I am in (Ship 6), even during the peak hours of Japanese time, and gameplay doesn't seem to get as full as what it used to be already. Which tells me, the interest in PSO2 has already been lost, at least some what.

Now, granted, the US/EU version most likely won't be kept up to date, or anywhere near as close to the Japanese version with updates. However, the population will be much larger, and considering quite a few people did not want to download this game and wait for an English Patch.

As much as people "Say" they won't switch, I am sure there are more people that aren't willing to admit they'll make the switch, then not. It all comes down to the community of the games. Which are you more likely to enjoy? A game you can understand where you'll have literally thousands of players who want to party, have fun, and chat? Or one where chatting is scarce, and only a small population of English players actually play?

I've been searching around the forums, and people are already sick of PSO2 as well, not only due to the Japanese language, but due to the lack of content, and getting bored at around level 20. Obviously there's going to be lack of content. But it shouldn't be that big of a deal for the players who love searching for rare items such as myself.

Anyways, I will personally switch, reaching level 40 honestly takes about 2-5 days with one class, and nothing more. The chances of me reaching level 40 (if that's the level cap upon NA./EU release), it'll go by even quicker, knowing you have more people to play with who wont' kick you, ban you, etc. Just for speaking English, and or having an English name. (it's happened to be before).

However, the chances of me personally sticking to PSO2 that long, is slim to none, just a game I enjoy to kill time. I'll most likely even get bored of Guild Wars 2 once I've achieved max level, and done a mass amount of PvP.

Just my personal opinion, and thoughts.

Melodys
Jul 27, 2012, 10:24 PM
I'll probably switch over to the US servers and see how well it does overall. I'd prefer playing my games in a language I can understand and not have to look up translation guides all the time but if hackers run amok or SOA lags behind with their updates, I'm moving back to JP PSO2.

RyuRoots
Jul 27, 2012, 10:55 PM
Oh yes, let me switch to the inevitably gimped servers that have none of my character progress and half of my friends, if that.

I'll pass. I realized during PSU that there was really no point.

Crimson Exile
Jul 27, 2012, 10:58 PM
No point of moving if I spent this much time on my character. I think I will stay where I know the updates are constant. GOOD LUCK to those who switch!

jooozek
Jul 27, 2012, 11:00 PM
Dear thread creator, will we ever get a "both" option?

Zari
Jul 28, 2012, 12:13 AM
I wonder what all the people here who are claiming that NA/EU will definitely fail completely would react/say if it does really well.

Fujiko
Jul 28, 2012, 12:20 AM
I will switch, worst case scenario I still have all my progress on the JP servers.

KOLZ
Jul 28, 2012, 03:56 AM
Switching instantly the day it comes out. I like to actually understand things as they are said on my screen and read the story line from the game it's self as it happens and not having to go some random web site to get the update with what's going on.

Mystil
Jul 28, 2012, 03:58 AM
I wonder what all the people here who are claiming that NA/EU will definitely fail completely would react/say if it does really well.

If it does, I'll just admit that I put my foot in my mouth. ;p

luca_maygrinn
Jul 28, 2012, 09:10 AM
I won't be switching at all. Mainly because I forsee the huge difference in content released for the US/EU servers all in the name of "localization".

Ever see the goodies they released for PSU/PSP/PSP2/PSP2i? How many of them exactly reached the localized versions?

...exactly.

This is my preference. I would like to experience it all from their source material, sans watered down contents and events.

I will change my opinion if the localization can even stick to 82% of the source content... and that is a giant IF.

Of course, if JP starts IP-banning non local addresses, then I will consider switching as further possibility (after I exhaust all possible efforts to try and circumvent IP blockings)

Renvalt
Jul 28, 2012, 10:30 AM
I won't be switching at all. Mainly because I forsee the huge difference in content released for the US/EU servers all in the name of "localization".

Ever see the goodies they released for PSU/PSP/PSP2/PSP2i? How many of them exactly reached the localized versions?

...exactly.

This is my preference. I would like to experience it all from their source material, sans watered down contents and events.

I will change my opinion if the localization can even stick to 82% of the source content... and that is a giant IF.

Of course, if JP starts IP-banning non local addresses, then I will consider switching as further possibility (after I exhaust all possible efforts to try and circumvent IP blockings)

If SEGA Japan DOES IP Block us all, chances are with the little hacker kids doin' their shit, they'll have to cannibalize their American division to keep afloat when they realize the transfer summoned forth a horde of weeaboo gaijin kiddies who love hacking because "i be uber strong roflmaobbqbyob bow to me or i ban joo".....

Yeah, just no. America's already a piece of shit right now, and I'd prefer Japan go back to the closet and leave America alone until they (America) can get some common sense and decency back into their kids. The Japanese at least seem to have a handle on their children (as do the Koreans) - I'd rather we literally beat some sense into our own kids.

Or, if Sega's really going to bring it over, have the feds make it a crime for STUPID people to play online games, with "stupid" being defined as "a person who can't make decisions in life with even an iota of common sense and good will".

That being said, even if PSO2 NA/EU caves and PSO2 JP gives us the finger, I won't really care either way. I've got other hobbies - but they may not last if the death of gaming is brought forth.

Long story short: I hate kids, their parents are pieces of unintelligent and lazy shit, and unless people get reality checks, the world's nothing but a piece of shit. And PSO2's more like a last bastion of creativity in gaming for me - one that really won't matter in the long run.

AAAAAnd I really need to shut up. I'm getting so moody lately - wonder what the deal is?

Darki
Jul 28, 2012, 10:49 AM

The US/EU server wouldn't ever be able to surpass the JP one, unless we're talking about community quality, of course, but you know how nice can be our community. In terms of content, stability, updates and events, it's obvious to think that the US/EU servers wouldn't be better than the JP ones just because the content will be coming from there. Of course, that's unless SEGA gave carte blanche to SoA to develop its own content and modify the game at whim, and they managed to tweak the game into better mechanics and events. But they did that for PSU 360 and all they did was to make reskins and repeat events.

In any case I'd give you the same answer as I have now. I don't claim that the NA/EU servers will fail, but the chances for it to surpass the JP servers are nil, in the best of the cases they would be equal (and you gotta give that to me at least, the chances for that are slim), and under that circumstance, I don't see any reason to switch as I have a community of friends that won't switch, the language is not an issue to me and I'd have spent already 8 months worth of playtime there to just start from scratch for no reasons.

As many are saying, in any case I'll probably get a character there anyways, when I know if any of my friends are playing there and where. If I find myself playing more and having more fun in the US/NA servers after a couple months, then I could assume that I'd have "switched" servers already. But I won't throw away what I'll have gotten already in the JP servers.

Xaeris
Jul 28, 2012, 11:19 AM

Then I'll be quite happy to switch. In a similarly likely scenario, I've got a farm a little out west picked out in case Sega of Japan mails me a pony. It's the stable fees that kill you.

iTz PooKiie xx
Jul 28, 2012, 01:05 PM
If SEGA Japan DOES IP Block us all, chances are with the little hacker kids doin' their shit, they'll have to cannibalize their American division to keep afloat when they realize the transfer summoned forth a horde of weeaboo gaijin kiddies who love hacking because "i be uber strong roflmaobbqbyob bow to me or i ban joo".....

Yeah, just no. America's already a piece of shit right now, and I'd prefer Japan go back to the closet and leave America alone until they (America) can get some common sense and decency back into their kids. The Japanese at least seem to have a handle on their children (as do the Koreans) - I'd rather we literally beat some sense into our own kids.

Or, if Sega's really going to bring it over, have the feds make it a crime for STUPID people to play online games, with "stupid" being defined as "a person who can't make decisions in life with even an iota of common sense and good will".

That being said, even if PSO2 NA/EU caves and PSO2 JP gives us the finger, I won't really care either way. I've got other hobbies - but they may not last if the death of gaming is brought forth.

Long story short: I hate kids, their parents are pieces of unintelligent and lazy shit, and unless people get reality checks, the world's nothing but a piece of shit. And PSO2's more like a last bastion of creativity in gaming for me - one that really won't matter in the long run.

AAAAAnd I really need to shut up. I'm getting so moody lately - wonder what the deal is?

I love you.

Mystil
Jul 28, 2012, 03:50 PM

No don't shut up. Common sense should have a course in elementary.

Kylrad
Jul 28, 2012, 03:58 PM
I'll Likely check it out, more then likely play a bit people with I know who will playing the US version. But ill likely stay with the Japanese version.

Renvalt
Jul 28, 2012, 05:07 PM
Common sense should have a course in elementary.

This is something we can agree with.

Sigmund
Jul 28, 2012, 05:19 PM
I really don't like the way they limit the MyShop and trading between players they have currently on JP PSO2 by paying cash. I don't think the NA/EU scene will stand for this, so if they manage to abolish that I'm going to switch servers.

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2012, 05:30 PM
First things first. Support.

In my opinion it's just inconvenient playing a game where you will receive zero customer support should you ever need it as an english speaker. This could be for getting something fixed, account related issues (which can happen whether you like it or not), or anything else. I don't care if the US/EU version is behind on content, I want to be able to get customer support and be catered to when it comes to purchasing and spending my money on their product. When it comes to spending real life money on in-game junk and something goes a little bit out of wack? I want that ease of mind in knowing that I can get in contact with the company and make things right.

Staying on the JP servers when the US/EU servers release is just a ridiculous notion if you don't speak Japanese because there are so many risks to the long term condition of your account and experience. What if a long way down the road they actually decide to IP ban? It's not an impossible thought. What if you get hacked and lose all your items? What about reporting people who are legitimately doing wrong? These things can and do happen to anyone, and unless you're an acceptable Japanese speaker, you will receive zero assistance in any of these categories, you will always be a 2nd citizen on their servers unless you know Japanese.

Unlike other people who are preaching staying on JP to death, I also don't like breaking the law, even quietly. I am not legally allowed to purchase AC, which means I can't even legally experience all the AC content I'd like to (in terms of additional skill trees and my room, and more mags).

Also...Japan is ahead of other countries in many facets of life, not just PSO2 content. We're talking technology, political balance, crime. That doesn't seem to make you want to move there.

I'm also quite confident that we will see many "improvements" to the game in its westernization. There are many things about the JP cash shop that generally would not be received well in the the US/EU cultures, such as trading, having a room, and skill tree resets. Should these things be made available to everyone, why the hell would you not play the version intended for you?

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
I'll make an account and play on the US/EU servers, but only to play the story, since I'll actually be able to understand it.

Besides that, JP all the way.

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2012, 05:43 PM
And more curiously...I find hilariousness in this factor...

People put down SEGA's support as the primary negative of SoA. When I see people talk about staying on the JP servers, this is what I can surmise is the their ultimate reason. This is nonsensical though, because support for you as a player is non-existent for you on the JP server.

I'd rather have bad support than no support.

Kondibon
Jul 28, 2012, 05:47 PM
I think they're talking about overall server support, not individual support.

Macman
Jul 28, 2012, 05:48 PM
I'd rather have bad support than no support.
I want you to think about that statement for a while. Really, just think about it.

Vyscillius
Jul 28, 2012, 05:48 PM
I'll play on the EU PSO2 since some of my friends want to play the game, at least in English and not japanese since it's rather inconvenient to not understand a single word.

Playing the game by myself on the JP PSO2? Sure, why not it doesn't bother me. But having fun with my friends on the EU PSO2 sounds good to me. I'll have to start over from nothing but I couldn't care less, it just means I'll be able to experiment new things.

To me, this JP PSO2 is a way to spend my vacations and to learn more about the game so I can make my "real" character with the maximum knowledge I can get.

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2012, 06:04 PM
I think they're talking about overall server support, not individual support.
Point still stands, you will always be a 2nd class citizen, with zero right to any customer support issues you may ever have. That's just not something I want from a game I spend a lot of time playing.

I want you to think about that statement for a while. Really, just think about it.Okay...

Yup. Still feel that way. Also, I'm not at all assuming the support will even be bad on PSO2 US/EU...maybe they turn over a new leaf, but either way. At worst I'm sure the support will be called mediocre, which is still better than none.

Ana-Chan
Jul 28, 2012, 06:48 PM
I want you to think about that statement for a while. Really, just think about it.

After the fuss about people being banned with no explanation and with SEGA ignoring any attempts at contact that had some people here upset, I would ask that you think about that again too.

DeathByPogs
Jul 28, 2012, 06:55 PM
Hey everyone, so my question is, will you be switching to US PSO2?

HELL NO

Geistritter
Jul 28, 2012, 06:59 PM
More than likely not; skeptical about the way they're going to handle it, and I really, really dislike most of the demographics free international games attract.

Ogni-XR21
Jul 28, 2012, 07:04 PM
I'll play on the EU PSO2 since some of my friends want to play the game, at least in English and not japanese since it's rather inconvenient to not understand a single word.

Playing the game by myself on the JP PSO2? Sure, why not it doesn't bother me. But having fun with my friends on the EU PSO2 sounds good to me. I'll have to start over from nothing but I couldn't care less, it just means I'll be able to experiment new things.

To me, this JP PSO2 is a way to spend my vacations and to learn more about the game so I can make my "real" character with the maximum knowledge I can get.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PSO2 JP is nice and I will keep playing it but I will certainly make a char (at least) on the NA/EU server.

My best char on PSO was on BB and that was probably my 9th character I ever made. So currently playing the JP server is like playing DCv1 where I get to know the game and am still kind of clueless what I really want.

Zari
Jul 28, 2012, 07:10 PM
The US/EU server wouldn't ever be able to surpass the JP one, unless we're talking about community quality, of course, but you know how nice can be our community. In terms of content, stability, updates and events, it's obvious to think that the US/EU servers wouldn't be better than the JP ones just because the content will be coming from there. Of course, that's unless SEGA gave carte blanche to SoA to develop its own content and modify the game at whim, and they managed to tweak the game into better mechanics and events. But they did that for PSU 360 and all they did was to make reskins and repeat events.

In any case I'd give you the same answer as I have now. I don't claim that the NA/EU servers will fail, but the chances for it to surpass the JP servers are nil, in the best of the cases they would be equal (and you gotta give that to me at least, the chances for that are slim), and under that circumstance, I don't see any reason to switch as I have a community of friends that won't switch, the language is not an issue to me and I'd have spent already 8 months worth of playtime there to just start from scratch for no reasons.

As many are saying, in any case I'll probably get a character there anyways, when I know if any of my friends are playing there and where. If I find myself playing more and having more fun in the US/NA servers after a couple months, then I could assume that I'd have "switched" servers already. But I won't throw away what I'll have gotten already in the JP servers.

All I'm really gonna say to this is that, yeah I know that US/EU will probably not surpass JP, I was just saying it could still do really well. You don't see other versions of a game surpass the original server (in this case JP) that often.

@Zipzo, what you are saying is pretty much how I feel. Not only about the US/EU release but also about what other people are assuming about it and such before it even releases.

shiink
Jul 28, 2012, 07:15 PM
I cannot wait for the NA/EU version to be released. All the really annoying, irritating, and degenerate people that wreaked all sorts of havoc in every English release of phantasy star will all flood there and leave the JP servers alone. In all honesty the Japanese community is generally much nicer. This also goes for the english speakers who will continue to "import" and make due on that server.

I get that many do not understand the language and having dependency on other people in order to play the game is cumbersome. I have made many friends on both the JP PSU and PSO2 both english and japanese speaking and I will be more than happy to stay there.

Kylie
Jul 28, 2012, 07:29 PM
I'm debating this with myself, but I think I will. I'm tired of having to look up the English translations of my quests.

Cyrusnagisa
Jul 29, 2012, 12:39 AM
This is my argument...... IF US/EU PSO2 is up to date with the JP client, and IF they show that the support will be there. There should be no reason for all non-JP players to migrate to the US/EU servers.... and if you don't, well you are part of the problem, not just Sega.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 29, 2012, 12:40 AM
I got a friend who stopped playing PSO2JP and is waiting for the Na/Eu version. Whether I drop the JP one I dunno yet.

Zipzo
Jul 29, 2012, 12:48 AM
This is my argument...... IF US/EU PSO2 is up to date with the JP client, and IF they show that the support will be there. There should be no reason for all non-JP players to migrate to the US/EU servers.... and if you don't, well you are part of the problem, not just Sega.
I like your style.

SephirothXer0
Jul 29, 2012, 08:43 AM
Yeah, of course Japan is going to get all the new content first. Hell, they'll be way ahead of us by the time it releases here. I hope nobody thought the English servers were going to launch with the current JP content lol, it'll be back to square one.

But that's all worth it to be able to read what I'm doing and talk to people without Google Translate. And to be able to spend my money safely and legally. Playing on JP servers is a lonely experience.

Macman
Jul 29, 2012, 08:45 AM
After the fuss about people being banned with no explanation and with SEGA ignoring any attempts at contact that had some people here upset, I would ask that you think about that again too.
I'd be more mad knowing that the administration of the game which I can communicate with is actively ignoring my plea for support than I would knowing that my lack of support comes from a language barrier.

Vintasticvin
Jul 29, 2012, 11:09 AM
Before this thread shuts down Which server I will primarily play on.... AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!!!!! I support my nation and regional server. ^b^b So thumbs for Western pso2.

KrankItVZ
Jul 29, 2012, 11:12 AM
ONLY if the content updates fast. And I mean fast...

KuroNeko77
Jul 29, 2012, 11:25 AM
I'll only switch if the content is roughly the same.

I'm fine with the JP servers, but still want to play with English/French people without the need to track them. So maybe I'll end up playing both.

Heat Haze
Jul 29, 2012, 11:28 AM
I'm debating with this.

I'm more than likely going to stick to JP servers, but make an NA account just to be familiar with menus, and the like.

With the amount of resources at hand, sticking to JP won't be an issue. Though it does get tedious looking up the client orders, and translations.

It's mostly due to the time invested in my character in the JP server; I detest starting things over. If character transfers were a possibility, then sure. NA it will be.

Sierhiet
Jul 29, 2012, 11:35 AM
Before this thread shuts down Which server I will primarily play on.... AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!!!!! I support my nation and regional server. ^b^b So thumbs for Western pso2.

I partially agree with this sentiment, and feel it to be the fact of the matter.

I've been sitting here and analyzing a lot of the conversation going on these threads over the past few weeks, and can only come to the conclusion that some of you are being slightly silly or dishonest with your approach to the argument / dilemma. Whether your playing the game casually, are planning to play somewhat competitively like most MMO style games end up, or simply have that strong love for the franchise like the rest of us, there is not a snowball's chance in hell you can honestly tell me, or convince me that your enjoying the game to it's full potential while sifting through Japanese menus and overall language. Its absurd no matter how you approach it, update and lacking support even considered and I can go on with this, systematically showing why depending on said play style.

If you lovely ladies and gentlemen simply could not wait to get your hands on the next awesomeness that is PSO2 no matter how it went down, that is one thing and an honest deduction. But I feel like some of you are throwing up the the foreign support issue, simply to vindicate a potential misjudgment or decision, or your impatience for a US release. The fact is, things are different this time around because we are dealing with a PC based game, which was pretty much what the complaint was before. We got what we wanted. There are no middle men, such as Microsoft to slow Sega down, albeit their own incompetence and this is bound to help.

I'm waiting for the US release. If I'm playing casually, I want to know whats going on to enjoy this casual endeavor. If I'm playing seriously, I need to know whats going on, to seize the day. I rather not spoil my first impressions of the title, not understanding whats going on and also having to START OVER. We can all agree that an improvement in Sega's foreign support is a must, but a server hop was absolutely not the answer. You are simply superseding one issue for another. The issue of the support, for the issue of a language barrier. I don't know what the situation is with the English patch, but even if this we're to be introduced there's a mountain of issues en route.

Zyrusticae
Jul 29, 2012, 11:40 AM
I've been sitting here and analyzing a lot of the conversation going on these threads over the past few weeks, and can only come to the conclusion that some of you are being slightly silly or dishonest with your approach to the argument / dilemma. Whether your playing the game casually, are planning to play somewhat competitively like most MMO style games end up, or simply have that strong love for the franchise like the rest of us, there is not a snowball's chance in hell you can honestly tell me, or convince me that your enjoying the game to it's full potential while sifting through Japanese menus and overall language. Its absurd no matter how you approach it, update and lacking support even considered and I can go on with this, systematically showing why depending on said play style.
Horse dung.

I enjoy learning the language and, frankly, it has done nothing to curtail my enjoyment of the game. Especially when you consider that the story (which is basically the only real reason to play a localized version) is ancillary to the entire experience AND is already mostly translated outside of the game, to boot.

Though, really, I am long overdue for learning the particulars of the language considering how much Japanese media I consume in the first place...

Sierhiet
Jul 29, 2012, 11:43 AM
Horse dung.

I enjoy learning the language and, frankly, it has done nothing to curtail my enjoyment of the game.

Horse dung x2. With all due respect, your not honestly learning the language. Your doing what is necessary to enjoy the game in the state you've engaged in it. IE Japanese.

Macman
Jul 29, 2012, 11:45 AM
Horse dung x2. With all due respect, your not honestly learning the language.
This game is giving me a mild familiarity with katakana, (hiragana still eludes me and kanji is out of the question) so I have to disagree.

Sierhiet
Jul 29, 2012, 11:50 AM
This game is giving me a mild familiarity with katakana, (hiragana still eludes me and kanji is out of the question) so I have to disagree.

The stuff that you gentlemen are picking up on is coming from the voice overs. You can pick up on stuff like that from watching a decent amount of anime on Netflix. My argument is more so settled on the kanji, which is necessary for the bulk of the experience.

Zyrusticae
Jul 29, 2012, 11:54 AM
Horse dung x2. With all due respect, your not honestly learning the language. Your doing what is necessary to enjoy the game in the state you've engaged in it. IE Japanese.
じゃー。。。

あなたは日本語を勉強していません? 

大変だな。。。:-?

Xaeris
Jul 29, 2012, 12:04 PM
The fact is, things are different this time around because we are dealing with a PC based game, which was pretty much what the complaint was before. We got what we wanted. There are no middle men, such as Microsoft to slow Sega down, albeit their own incompetence and this is bound to help.

Blue Burst.

I think that about covers your post. On a sidenote though, I can't really say that I enjoy being told whether or not I'm enjoying myself. Or perhaps that's for you to judge too?

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2012, 12:06 PM
The stuff that you gentlemen are picking up on is coming from the voice overs.

Nope. It's coming from seeing the same weapon/armor/ability/whatever text over and over again. I don't pay attention to voice-overs.

Sierhiet
Jul 29, 2012, 12:37 PM
じゃー。。。

あなたは日本語を勉強していません? 

大変だな。。。:-?

If your bilingual, then by all means be awesome. It doesn't matter what server you choose, and thus this in particular issue doesn't even apply to you. Otherwise, I'm sure a lot of people have gotten to know Google Translator over the past few weeks.

Blue Burst.

I think that about covers your post. On a sidenote though, I can't really say that I enjoy being told whether or not I'm enjoying myself. Or perhaps that's for you to judge too?

Not quite, because unlike everyone else, you haven't even given your opinion on the language issue which was the bulk of my post. Would you not enjoy your experience more if it were in your native tongue? And do you really believe your decision to go JP is vindicated with with the con of you dealing with the language barrier? Furthermore, if the bolded is true, your taking my honest strive for discussion to close to heart.

Edit: The argument is not whether or not your enjoying yourself now. I don't doubt that you can enjoy yourself with the language barrier. My argument is the obvious. You'd enjoy it more if it were in english, no?

Macman
Jul 29, 2012, 01:02 PM
My argument is the obvious. You'd enjoy it more if it were in english, no?
Only if the service has quality. When the English version is stuck at level 40 for over a year and they do nothing to stop NPC moving (I can almost guarantee the US client will start off with that exploit not patched), I can safely say I'll have more fun even with the language barrier than I would not being able to play because they moved the quest ladies to an inaccessible area on every block.

Zipzo
Jul 29, 2012, 03:07 PM
Only if the service has quality. When the English version is stuck at level 40 for over a year and they do nothing to stop NPC moving (I can almost guarantee the US client will start off with that exploit not patched), I can safely say I'll have more fun even with the language barrier than I would not being able to play because they moved the quest ladies to an inaccessible area on every block.
How is the service any better for you on JP?

You can't honestly think SoA "actively ignores" your plea for help. That's exactly what SoJ does to you so why do you plan to stay there?

Sorry, but reasons for playing the US/EU version only really needs to be that that they respond to my tickets when I send them within a reasonable amount of time, and the updates come at a reasonable pace, which I believe is what's going to happen (why wouldn't it?).

Mystil
Jul 29, 2012, 03:30 PM
I suggest not to have too high expectations. People have done this in the past with SOA and have been let down every single time.

Macman
Jul 29, 2012, 03:49 PM
Sorry, but reasons for playing the US/EU version only really needs to be that that they respond to my tickets when I send them within a reasonable amount of time, and the updates come at a reasonable pace, which I believe is what's going to happen (why wouldn't it?).
You've never played NA/EU Phantasy Star before, have you?

Cyclon
Jul 29, 2012, 03:52 PM
Like I've already said, I'll simply play both versions.

Switching? What a weird idea. Japanese version isn't a closed beta. I like my character and do not intend to stop playing her.

Edit: So yeah, didn't vote.

Zipzo
Jul 29, 2012, 04:26 PM
You've never played NA/EU Phantasy Star before, have you?Been playing every single Phantasy Star MMO available since DC PSO. I was 200 in GC PSO, played episode 4 casually, rode the level cap every time they increased it in PSU, and I even got to God:6 in Episode 3.

Next?

Zyrusticae
Jul 29, 2012, 04:49 PM
[..]and the updates come at a reasonable pace, which I believe is what's going to happen (why wouldn't it?).
WE SHALL SEE. 8)

Macman
Jul 29, 2012, 04:55 PM
Been playing every single Phantasy Star MMO available since DC PSO. I was 200 in GC PSO, played episode 4 casually, rode the level cap every time they increased it in PSU, and I even got to God:6 in Episode 3.

Then why are you assuming things will be different THIS time around? :-?

Optimism is fine and all but pattern recognition is keeping me from being optimistic.

Darki
Jul 29, 2012, 05:03 PM

That would actually depend on how you take the challenge, don't you think?

I've been studying japanese on my own for a while, and playing PSU and this game in japanese has helped me to improve wonders, compared to reading a boring textbook. It happened with my english lessons too, I learned english twice as fast as I did previously after I started playing videogames in english.

Of course not everybody is willing to learn a language, and your argument is valid for all those, but not for everybody. Japanese is a language easy as fuck, 80% of its dificulty coming only from learning the kanjis. Its syntax is much easier than english. And to learn a kanji you only need to draw it a couple times to remember it and read it often, as we do it in this game.

My argument is the obvious. You'd enjoy it more if it were in english, no?

it would depend on many issues. If the only difference between the servers were the date of the contents, but then the service, community, and update regularity was on par with the JP servers, i'd agree with you. Experience has shown us that the JP servers for PSU were better in all aspects except the language part, even in the community part as there was an english population on the servers to play with.

The language barrier is a temporal issue. Once you're done with the story, and you know the menus, language is something secondary for the gameplay.

May0
Jul 29, 2012, 05:36 PM
2013 is a long time to wait. If there hasn't been anything released by then that does what PSO2 does except better I'll be a bit interested. I was hoping for a release date sometime in 2012. I've been waiting a while for PSO2 but there's also some other good games coming out and that are already out.

Along with the luke warm reception of the community to how the NA version is to be handled I'm not all that optimistic about the NA release.

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 01:43 AM

I've been studying japanese on my own for a while, and playing PSU and this game in japanese has helped me to improve wonders, compared to reading a boring textbook. It happened with my english lessons too, I learned english twice as fast as I did previously after I started playing videogames in english.

Of course not everybody is willing to learn a language, and your argument is valid for all those, but not for everybody. Japanese is a language easy as fuck, 80% of its dificulty coming only from learning the kanjis. Its syntax is much easier than english. And to learn a kanji you only need to draw it a couple times to remember it and read it often, as we do it in this game.

it would depend on many issues. If the only difference between the servers were the date of the contents, but then the service, community, and update regularity was on par with the JP servers, i'd agree with you. Experience has shown us that the JP servers for PSU were better in all aspects except the language part, even in the community part as there was an english population on the servers to play with.

The language barrier is a temporal issue. Once you're done with the story, and you know the menus, language is something secondary for the gameplay.

What if the "westernization" process makes a lot of things more accessible in the US/EU version that aren't otherwise accessible in the JP version (IE Skill tree resets being bought with Meseta or FUN, My room being accessible without a premium)? SoA is free to do as they please in terms of what they make a shop item, or what is available in game. Let's say that's the only difference.

You would still stay JP? Even though this version was tailored more to your taste in terms of what you would find appropriately available in game without paying?

I don't buy it. You'd come hustling over to the US/EU version in seconds.

Asakust
Jul 30, 2012, 01:51 AM
I generally don't enjoy the presence/attitude of the typical. . . 'Western'. . . f2p gamers (or just gamers in general). I always end up turning off all the general chats or ignoring everyone when I play something in English anyways. So I'm sticking with JP.

Er, no offense intended.

Insults and the such incoming, blahblah, etc.

Darki
Jul 30, 2012, 03:41 AM
What if the "westernization" process makes a lot of things more accessible in the US/EU version that aren't otherwise accessible in the JP version (IE Skill tree resets being bought with Meseta or FUN, My room being accessible without a premium)? SoA is free to do as they please in terms of what they make a shop item, or what is available in game. Let's say that's the only difference.

You would still stay JP? Even though this version was tailored more to your taste in terms of what you would find appropriately available in game without paying?

I don't buy it. You'd come hustling over to the US/EU version in seconds.

First of all, understand that if the overall situation in the US/EU servers happened to reach a better status than in the JP servers I'd be the first one to switch, indeed. I don't get why you answer like I were clinging to the JP servers as if I had sold my soul to SoJ, I just play there because currently is the only existing server, and I'll play there until, to my own judgement, I find myself considering the western servers more enjoyable. Sometimes you are the ones who seem to come here picking on people who didn't decide yet where to play, as if playing the US servers were a patriotic duty, that anyways wouldn't move me as I'm not american and we all know than the "EU" part of the server name is just there because SEGA gave up on the european branch completely. The server will be in the US and for me that's almost the same distance as the JP. Considering that the internet services here and in Japan apparently are way better than the average in the US (or so I heard from a couple people from there) probably I'll play with less lag and better ping there than here. In fact I've always gotten better connection from japanese or korean servers in most MMOs I've played.

Second, the features you mentioned do exist in the JP server. If you were talking about entirely new features that modified the game mechanics and/or balance for the better, of course I'd consider swapping servers. But sorry, if the game is going to be F2P there's no fart chance in a hurricane that we're going to get a better treatment than the JP servers to the point of getting premium key features from the JP side for free. If that happened then they'd have to take the money from somewhere else, and then instead of paying for a room we'd be paying for being able to buy from player shops, or for playing certain missions, or who knows what.

True, they might make those options more "fair", and I'm the first one who doesn't agree with some of the features set as premium, being trading the main one. But do you think I'd swap servers just because of a feature that I'm going to get anyways, because I wanna support the game and of course I'm going to get the premium package more than often? Your argument should be aimed to whoever doesn't want to spend a cent on the game, not me. In fact I'd rather pay for useful shit or I'd consider that is not worth the effort. and I do wanna support the game.

I repeat myself, making it shorter: I don't have any problem swapping regions if the service in the US server is better than the JP, but the thing is that I'm the one who decides what's a "better service" for myself. If for you being able to send tickets and having the game in english is a valid option, well, whop-de-freaking-do. I have a different idea of what I'd consider a "better service".

EvilMag
Jul 30, 2012, 03:58 AM
"Will you switch?"

Fuck no.

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 04:09 AM
First of all, understand that if the overall situation in the US/EU servers happened to reach a better status than in the JP servers I'd be the first one to switch, indeed. I don't get why you answer like I were clinging to the JP servers as if I had sold my soul to SoJ, I just play there because currently is the only existing server, and I'll play there until, to my own judgement, I find myself considering the western servers more enjoyable. Sometimes you are the ones who seem to come here picking on people who didn't decide yet where to play, as if playing the US servers were a patriotic duty, that anyways wouldn't move me as I'm not american and we all know than the "EU" part of the server name is just there because SEGA gave up on the european branch completely. The server will be in the US and for me that's almost the same distance as the JP. Considering that the internet services here and in Japan apparently are way better than the average in the US (or so I heard from a couple people from there) probably I'll play with less lag and better ping there than here. In fact I've always gotten better connection from japanese or korean servers in most MMOs I've played.

Second, the features you mentioned do exist in the JP server. If you were talking about entirely new features that modified the game mechanics and/or balance for the better, of course I'd consider swapping servers. But sorry, if the game is going to be F2P there's no fart chance in a hurricane that we're going to get a better treatment than the JP servers to the point of getting premium key features from the JP side for free. If that happened then they'd have to take the money from somewhere else, and then instead of paying for a room we'd be paying for being able to buy from player shops, or for playing certain missions, or who knows what.

True, they might make those options more "fair", and I'm the first one who doesn't agree with some of the features set as premium, being trading the main one. But do you think I'd swap servers just because of a feature that I'm going to get anyways, because I wanna support the game and of course I'm going to get the premium package more than often? Your argument should be aimed to whoever doesn't want to spend a cent on the game, not me. In fact I'd rather pay for useful shit or I'd consider that is not worth the effort. and I do wanna support the game.

I repeat myself, making it shorter: I don't have any problem swapping regions if the service in the US server is better than the JP, but the thing is that I'm the one who decides what's a "better service" for myself. If for you being able to send tickets and having the game in english is a valid option, well, whop-de-freaking-do. I have a different idea of what I'd consider a "better service".Yeah but also take in to account purchasing AC for you is illegal. So you're accepting the fact that you're breaking the law in order to be satisfied with JP in that you have all the features anyway.

Also I wasn't asking if you'd switch based on the status, I was asking if you'd switch based on features available. Also, I disagree that the law of equivalent exchange would truly apply. My best example is actually TERA. TERA is a game that came from korea and the US publisher gave that game a full make-over for it's US release through the means of making things both easier and more accecssible. It's practically a different game. The enchanting mechanics are totally different, there's open world pvp (which didn't exist at all in the korean version), certain things are made to be more accessible and there's less of a penalty for things like ganking.

I don't see why SoA couldn't do the same with PSO2.

AustinMusick
Jul 30, 2012, 05:23 AM
I'll try to play both, but I'll most likely be playing the English version more since it's my fluent language.

Darki
Jul 30, 2012, 05:44 AM
Yeah but also take in to account purchasing AC for you is illegal. So you're accepting the fact that you're breaking the law in order to be satisfied with JP in that you have all the features anyway.

Since when are international transactions forbidden by laws? never heard of that before. I've seen that the rules of the game state what you say, but that's no law (correct me if I'm mistaken).

In any case, yes, I'm breaking a rule and I don't have any problem with that as I consider the risks of breaking it worth the benefits, same way that most gamers here (you included, probably) have actually broken the law (this time, for real) downloading games or other pirated digital media.

It's in SEGA's hands to enforce their rules, and I won't have a complaint the moment they decide to do so and I end banned for that reason. But honestly, I think enforcing a rule that would make them get less money isn't at the top of their list, if you want my opinion. I'm not causing any negative issue to other players as hacking, cheating or harrasing would, in fact I'm benefiting the game, even if not allowed by the rules. And if I my only option was to play in the US servers when didn't like them, I wouldn't do it, so is not like they'd force me to play where I don't want to.

Also I wasn't asking if you'd switch based on the status, I was asking if you'd switch based on features available. Also, I disagree that the law of equivalent exchange would truly apply. My best example is actually TERA. TERA is a game that came from korea and the US publisher gave that game a full make-over for it's US release through the means of making things both easier and more accecssible. It's practically a different game. The enchanting mechanics are totally different, there's open world pvp (which didn't exist at all in the korean version), certain things are made to be more accessible and there's less of a penalty for things like ganking.

I don't see why SoA couldn't do the same with PSO2.

Yes, but against your example of a game totally unrelated to SEGA you have the example of the whole PS series that has never gotten that sort of treatment, except for maybe some cosmetic/DCL differences or billing system, as it was in the case of PSU 360 vs PSU JP. Against your example, you have PSO, PSO ep II, PSO ep III, PSO BB, PSU, PSU AotI, PSPo, PSPo2, PS0... Which are all from the same company as PSO2.

Of course, I don't see either why SoA couldn't do the same with PSO2 -if SoJ let them, and even if it has never happened before- but I don't see why such changes would make the game better, either.

Going back to my point: Is the western version of TERA a "better" game than the korean version? For who?

Even if I highly doubt that what you say will happen, I've never denied that, in the case I considered the US version the better game, I wouldn't switch. I'm just saying that I'll stick with the JP servers before deleting my account and jumping blindly into the US servers, because experience has taught me that SEGA doesn't take good care of the localized versions of their games. And I have nothing to lose by doing that.

Sierhiet
Jul 30, 2012, 12:37 PM

I've been studying japanese on my own for a while, and playing PSU and this game in japanese has helped me to improve wonders, compared to reading a boring textbook.

I think its fair to note that your in particular situation is unique in that, you possess a previous disposition and yearning to learn. You've taken the initiative to educate yourself in the language, and are enjoying it as such in PSO2 with your previous and ongoing education as a base and reinforcement which is great. The same however, cannot be applied to everyone else on these boards claiming to be actually learning something from weapon names and armor ect. (I guess for some, learning the words "Soul Eater" and "Gur Bazcak" /sp? is conventional.)

Even with this aside, there are now reports of US credit cards being rejected? And you ladies and gentlemen are opting to use Webmoney to pay for your AC as an alternative with an increased exchange rate as if the regular Japanese exchange rate wasn't already a tad much. So the problems continue. For up to date and on pace updates, your are effectively 1. Going through the trouble of going through a second party just to pay more, (or just flat out dealing with having your card's denial, and being denied premium game content), 2. dealing with a foreign service provider that cannot help you (I'm implying the hacker situation and you poor people who have been wrongly banned, and can't send a service report due to communication barriers) 3. the language barrier in game (menus, voices, ect.) 4. A relatively small English speaking community to enjoy your experience with. Not sure if I got everything.

And this growing list of cons is supposed to outweigh a decision to go JP in the name of "quality service and updates" which once again if I may note, you (the English PSO populace) cannot communicate with leaving only the up to date updates. I don't think these are easily dismissed issues, friends. Especially to a fan base apparently so obsessed with quality service from the evil empire of Sega in the first place. It just seems as if you are all making it harder on yourselves and are either just that concerned about updates above all else (those cons), or just wanted to play the game as soon as possible (which is fine I suppose?).

MrSibby
Jul 30, 2012, 12:38 PM
Definitely. :x

Hakeo
Jul 30, 2012, 12:51 PM
I most likely will go to the US game when it comes out mainly due to the fact that my friends can't understand the Japanese game...I guess it's more for them than me. If it were for just me alone...then I'd stay on the Japanese server, no doubt mainly because I don't want to start over haha. I haven't tried for a premium key yet....lets see how that turns out since I keep hearing a rejection on a US card.

ShinMaruku
Jul 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
I suggest not to have too high expectations. People have done this in the past with Sega and have been let down every single time.
Fixed.
SoA is not the only fucked up part of the ship the whole organization is fucked up then. :E

Mystil
Jul 30, 2012, 01:27 PM
I have been saying it to myself for years now that ever since the fall of the Dreamcast, and being bought by Sammy Corp, they have changed for the worst.

ShinMaruku
Jul 30, 2012, 01:34 PM
I think they been like that since the dreamcast. It's why they let it die.

Zari
Jul 30, 2012, 02:44 PM
I still question why some people here think the US version of an MMO needs to be right near where the original server is or it isn't worth playing on...
I mean really....only a 6 month difference at the start is not a bad content gap, and who says the gap cannot lessen over time? You people should wait until the US/EU version is actually released and see how it does before you start hating on it. Seriously...

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 02:50 PM
Since when are international transactions forbidden by laws? never heard of that before. I've seen that the rules of the game state what you say, but that's no law (correct me if I'm mistaken).

In any case, yes, I'm breaking a rule and I don't have any problem with that as I consider the risks of breaking it worth the benefits, same way that most gamers here (you included, probably) have actually broken the law (this time, for real) downloading games or other pirated digital media.You're off in the wrong direction...

It is against the rules (of PSO2) to purchase currency when you're outside of Japan, and at the same time you likely used a false address to buy it which is where the illegal part comes in (Tenso addresses do not count as being " perfectly legal", it's a service that buys stuff in Japan for you, this is still technically not completely un-fishy).

It's in SEGA's hands to enforce their rules, and I won't have a complaint the moment they decide to do so and I end banned for that reason. But honestly, I think enforcing a rule that would make them get less money isn't at the top of their list, if you want my opinion. I'm not causing any negative issue to other players as hacking, cheating or harrasing would, in fact I'm benefiting the game, even if not allowed by the rules. And if I my only option was to play in the US servers when didn't like them, I wouldn't do it, so is not like they'd force me to play where I don't want to.So why bother with that at all when you can just go on the US/EU server and not worry about being banned?

Yes, but against your example of a game totally unrelated to SEGA you have the example of the whole PS series that has never gotten that sort of treatment, except for maybe some cosmetic/DCL differences or billing system, as it was in the case of PSU 360 vs PSU JP. Against your example, you have PSO, PSO ep II, PSO ep III, PSO BB, PSU, PSU AotI, PSPo, PSPo2, PS0... Which are all from the same company as PSO2.

Of course, I don't see either why SoA couldn't do the same with PSO2 -if SoJ let them, and even if it has never happened before- but I don't see why such changes would make the game better, either.Valid point.

Going back to my point: Is the western version of TERA a "better" game than the korean version? For who?

Even if I highly doubt that what you say will happen, I've never denied that, in the case I considered the US version the better game, I wouldn't switch. I'm just saying that I'll stick with the JP servers before deleting my account and jumping blindly into the US servers, because experience has taught me that SEGA doesn't take good care of the localized versions of their games. And I have nothing to lose by doing that.Yes. It's a much better game. It's easier to level, it's easier to enchant (in terms of of level of tediousness, not lack of challenge). Certain things are just mechanized better. Some Koreans even play on the US server.

Sierhiet
Jul 30, 2012, 02:51 PM
I still question why some people here think the US version of an MMO needs to be right near where the original server is or it isn't worth playing on...
I mean really....only a 6 month difference at the start is not a bad content gap, and who says the gap cannot lessen over time? You people should wait until the US/EU version is actually released and see how it does before you start hating on it. Seriously...

Agreed in addition to my earlier post.

CharAznable
Jul 30, 2012, 03:02 PM
More people afking?
More people dancing?
More people spamming?
More people hacking?

No thank you, staying with japs!

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 03:04 PM
More people afking?
More people dancing?
More people spamming?
More people hacking?

No thank you, staying with japs!
Because these things never happen on JP servers!

Zyrusticae
Jul 30, 2012, 03:05 PM
Key word: More.

I mean really....only a 6 month difference at the start is not a bad content gap
No, it IS a bad content gap.

Sticking with the JP servers especially if that is the case.

CharAznable
Jul 30, 2012, 03:07 PM

Yes it does, thats why i can't wait for US/EU servers to open so they can move and d oit there

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 03:10 PM
Key word: More.

Sticking with the JP servers especially if that is the case.Are you thinking of it as getting stuff 6 months after every time they get an update, because if you approach it logically, being 6 months behind still means that we would get regular updates. (IE not 6 months from every JP update).

Also...the mischievious players will play stay on JP at this point, seeing as you guys put up a nice poll as to where most of you will be residing, so you can get hammered and "window banned" without being able to address it to customer support since you aren't Japanese. I'll take my nice, cozy, safe US/EU servers.

Sierhiet
Jul 30, 2012, 03:11 PM
You both are pretty much making assumptions community wise at this point. The same is being done in JP, its all over this forum, and no one has even approached the bigger issues which we're mentioned earlier.

Dan Maku
Jul 30, 2012, 03:13 PM
The poll has no option for playing both JP and EN PSO2.

This poll stinks. 3:

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2012, 03:13 PM
I mean really....[b]only a 6 month difference at the start is not a bad content gap, and who says the gap cannot lessen over time[/b[? You people should wait until the US/EU version is actually released and see how it does before you start hating on it. Seriously...

There is absolutely no good reason, based upon past events, to believe that this is a possibility. Ever since Sega segregated JP servers from everyone else, everyone else has gotten the raw end of the stick. There is no iteration of the PS series since Blue Burst where this is not true. Why, why should I not accept the conclusion that pattern recognition leads me to when the company hasn't even acknowledged the disparity in service, nevermind declared any intentions to fix it?

Also...the mischievious players will play stay on JP at this point, seeing as you guys put up a nice poll as to where most of you will be residing, so you can get hammered and "window banned" without being able to address it to customer support since you aren't Japanese. I'll take my nice, cozy, safe US/EU servers.

On the contrary, there may be less of you to troll (maybe), but the lax moderation will allow trolls to troll with impunity, as they did on PSU. They'll likely migrate.

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 03:21 PM
There is absolutely no good reason, based upon past events, to believe that this is a possibility. Ever since Sega segregated JP servers from everyone else, everyone else has gotten the raw end of the stick. There is no iteration of the PS series since Blue Burst where this is not true. Why, why should I not accept the conclusion that pattern recognition leads me to when the company hasn't even acknowledged the disparity in service, nevermind declared any intentions to fix it?

On the contrary, there may be less of you to troll (maybe), but the lax moderation will allow trolls to troll with impunity, as they did on PSU. They'll likely migrate.Doubt it.

You also don't have any indication as to what PSO2 service will be like aside from what happened with PSU (which had its reasons for sucking, especially on 360).

Also, you can actually report people on the US/EU version, where as you can't on the JP version, so if anything the trolls troll with impunity there more than they could on US/EU.

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2012, 03:23 PM
So, the only indication I have as to PSO2's service will be like is the service of its immediate predecessor?

I'm good with that.

Sierhiet
Jul 30, 2012, 03:23 PM

On the contrary, there may be less of you to troll (maybe), but the lax moderation will allow trolls to troll with impunity, as they did on PSU. They'll likely migrate.

I highly doubt the bolded especially after 6 months. They will either a. Have grown too attached to their character and progress to want to migrate for the sake of trolling much like how I'm assuming you feel or b. For hardcore trolls, lose most interest and have had moved on to the next piece of meat. In terms of the Blue Burst issue, you are arguably talking about a game that came out over a decade ago. Their only other PC endeavor which we can really take evidence from. Your skepticism is warranted slightly, but no one has yet to say whether or not the pros outweigh the cons.

Edit: You can't use PSU as any indication because as mentioned before, that was middle-man and console worthy issue. BB is really the only indication and it came out 11 years ago.

Zyrusticae
Jul 30, 2012, 03:25 PM
In terms of the Blue Burst issue, you are arguably talking about a game that came out over a decade ago. Their only other PC endeavor which we can really take evidence from.
Um... what?

Does PSU just not exist in your universe or something? :-?

Edit: You can't use PSU as any indication because as mentioned before, that was middle-man and console worthy issue. BB is really the only indication and it came out 11 years ago.
Yeah, no, you don't get to just brush it off because of extenuating circumstances. PSU was terrible, full-stop. If PSO2 is even inching towards utterly terrible that was, you can forget it.

Sierhiet
Jul 30, 2012, 03:27 PM
Um... what?

Does PSU just not exist in your universe or something? :-?

No, it's fairly settled within my memory banks. I believe you may be misinformed as to the entirety of the situation and why PSU failed.

Edit: PSU was not only on PC. It shared it's servers with consoles, one of which pretty much sealed it's fate in terms of service and updates. It's common knowledge that if you cross the M$ bridge, there is a toll to pay.

GrieverXVII
Jul 30, 2012, 03:32 PM
Obviously debating...how can i decide when the NA version isnt even out yet. Have to give it a chance first.

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2012, 03:33 PM
I highly doubt the bolded especially after 6 months. They will either a. Have grown too attached to their character and progress to want to migrate for the sake of trolling much like how I'm assuming you feel or b. For hardcore trolls, lose most interest and have had moved on to the next piece of meat. In terms of the Blue Burst issue, you are arguably talking about a game that came out over a decade ago. Their only other PC endeavor which we can really take evidence from. Your skepticism is warranted slightly, but no one has yet to say whether or not the pros outweigh the cons.

Microsoft gets entirely too much flak for how the XBox and 360 iterations of PS were handled. But, hell, even putting those aside, let's consider the PS2/PC version of PSU. You can say I can't consider it, but, I'm going to, because, you know, I can.

The reason I can, is because if it were really the case that it was the PS2 was handicapping that version, then Japan should have suffered from the same detriments. They did not. Not only was their version properly GM'ed and maintained (i.e, their economy hadn't been tossed down the toilet by meseta duping), but the gap between content releases widened even while the PS2 version was extant.

Skepticism is much more "slightly" warranted. It's very much warranted, and frankly, the most rational attitude to approach NA PSO2 with after going over the history.

Sierhiet
Jul 30, 2012, 03:43 PM
Microsoft gets entirely too much flak for how the XBox and 360 iterations of PS were handled. But, hell, even putting those aside, let's consider the PS2/PC version of PSU. You can say I can't consider it, but, I'm going to, because, you know, I can.

The reason I can, is because if it were really the case that it was the PS2 was handicapping that version, then Japan should have suffered from the same detriments. They did not. Not only was their version properly GM'ed and maintained (i.e, their economy hadn't been tossed down the toilet by meseta duping), but the gap between content releases widened even while the PS2 version was extant.

Skepticism is much more "slightly" warranted. It's very much warranted, and frankly, the most rational attitude to approach NA PSO2 with after going over the history.Too much flak? I strongly disagree. There are many franchises, indie developers ect. outside of PSU who have complained about Microsoft contractual engagements. With that noted, there are many factors outside of Microsoft that can attribute to PSU's better reception and overall stronger success in Japan albeit these contractual engagements, like say, the fact that it's the games native country? Or the fact that said game came out a few months prior? And even with that aside, no one is engaging in the bigger argument concerning the pros and cons that your dealing with while delving into the JP server experience.

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2012, 03:53 PM
Too much flak? I strongly disagree. There are many franchises, indie developers ect. outside of PSU who have complained about Microsoft contractual engagements. With that noted, there are many factors outside of Microsoft that can attribute to PSU's better reception and overall stronger success in Japan albeit these contractual engagements, like say, the fact that it's the games native country? Or the fact that said game came out a few months prior? And even with that aside, no one is engaging in the bigger argument concerning the pros and cons that your dealing with while delving into the JP server experience.

Okay. So, you do acknowledge that PSU's JP servers were superior. And you're attributing it to them being the native servers, and being released earlier. Since both of those are true again this time around...wouldn't that be cause to believe that the JP experience will again be superior to other regions? I think you forgot what you were asserting.

And what's to delve into? There are two nuisances that pestered (past tense) me when playing on JP servers. One is not having a complete understanding of Japanese. To deal with this, I do some alt tabbing to figure out what affixes (the ones I haven't already memorized) are on my items. This is nothing new to me: I played WoW, alt tabbing to Wow Head was a way of life.

The second nuisance is more a problem, getting AC. I can buy it easily enough, but the charge takes quite a bit of time to carry through, creating a land mine in the task of balancing my account. In the future, I will use a pre paid credit card. Easy.

So, in exchange for dealing with those two minor nuisances, I get regular content updates, competent moderation and I get to play six months earlier? The scales didn't tip, they outright broke. But you know, that's me. If you feel otherwise, I'm absolutely fine with that. Someone has to be the canary for the NA version after all. But it really is just plain folly to try and convince people that they've made a poor decision when you're applying your own standards and perspective to them.

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 04:04 PM
Okay. So, you do acknowledge that PSU's JP servers were superior. And you're attributing it to them being the native servers, and being released earlier. Since both of those are true again this time around...wouldn't that be cause to believe that the JP experience will again be superior to other regions? I think you forgot what you were asserting.

And what's to delve into? There are two nuisances that pestered (past tense) me when playing on JP servers. One is not having a complete understanding of Japanese. To deal with this, I do some alt tabbing to figure out what affixes (the ones I haven't already memorized) are on my items. This is nothing new to me: I played WoW, alt tabbing to Wow Head was a way of life.

The second nuisance is more a problem, getting AC. I can buy it easily enough, but the charge takes quite a bit of time to carry through, creating a land mine in the task of balancing my account. In the future, I will use a pre paid credit card. Easy.

So, in exchange for dealing with those two minor nuisances, I get regular content updates, competent moderation and I get to play six months earlier? The scales didn't tip, they outright broke. But you know, that's me. If you feel otherwise, I'm absolutely fine with that. Someone has to be the canary for the NA version after all. But it really is just plain folly to try and convince people that they've made a poor decision when you're applying your own standards and perspective to them.
You think we're getting 'competent' moderation on JP PSO2? People who don't even know why are getting banned, and the people who are doing all wrong stuff, haven't been banned. Real competent. The only other mentionable game is PSOBB, indeed. Times have changed though, and so have the ways they likely plan to support an online PC game.

Also...who said content updating wasn't regular on the US/EU version? It's absolutely illogical to assume we won't get regular content updates. You're blowing the six month figure way out of proportion. Firstly, I don't believe it will be 6 months this time around. Secondly, a "6 month content gap" is a misleading phrase. This doesn't mean that US/EU doesn't receive content for six months at a time.

Macman
Jul 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
Firstly, I don't believe it will be 6 months this time around. Secondly, a "6 month content gap" is a misleading phrase. This doesn't mean that US/EU doesn't receive content for six months at a time.
It means that we start out 6 months behind in content compared to the JP server. If any previous experience has any say in the matter, it'll likely widen to 8 months, then 10, then a year, then we have PSU2.

Sierhiet
Jul 30, 2012, 04:16 PM

That's really all I wanted to know. If your content, then by all means carry on as I mentioned before. But in doing so you are basically saying that 1. Your fine with the language barrier and the extra step / mile you need to go through to understand your experience 2. Fine with having to pay more due to exchange rates and the possibility of a card denial which many are experiencing (in which point AC will not be a problem because you can't access it along with a decent portion of the game) 3. In the possible event that something happens (banning, card denial, ect.), your fine with not being able to communicate with your service provider after investing said credit and losing said progress 4. A smaller english community and 5. Agree that all of these cons are worth the perks of earlier updates and an earlier game. I feel like you are downsizing problems which are even larger then the "consistent updates" (service for you is not there if you cannot communicate with your service provider) but that's cool. This isn't a reprimanding on your ideal of fun. It is in defense of a product which is facing pretty lame skepticism. Some of which is fine, but most of which is being completely blown out of proportion. The JP servers are better of course. That is, if your Japanese and know the language.

luca_maygrinn
Jul 30, 2012, 06:41 PM
Reading through the thread, everyone's got valid points regarding the services and the updates.

But I'm staying in JP servers mainly because the US/EU localization will not be able to alleviate my fears of completely altering (and some cases, leaving-out altogether) certain contents that are available to the JP servers.

Case in point:

The Voices. I just love how expressive and distinct each array of voices are currently in the lineup, and they even put in feature voices from famous voice actors of their industry. (With how SEGA has been treating their localizations of their Phantasy Star titles, and seeing how Europe and America really don't have that kind of fan culture for voice actors in general... I don't really know how well this one is going to transfer well.)

Filters: Most EU/NA games need ratings to "protect" their markets from whatever... Scandal after scandal regarding violence, nudity, gore, etc. SEGA of America will want PSO2 to be as marketable to the open public as possible if they want to make money... So an Adult-inclined rating (just on their costume designs and customizations) alone will hurt them. I can foresee a lot of costumes and features altered or left out just to keep the game All-ages.

Disparity in Events: looking back to PSU JP events vs. PSU US events, I'm sure most of you have noticed this. I don't need to even illustrate this part. The sheer number of held events alone comparing the two is enough for me to coddle my spoiled nature. Many of these events won't translate well across localizations.

TL;DR: Six months behind in updates, I can actually tolerate.. it's the above mentioned fears of altered/removed content that I cannot seem to really alleviate. This is why I will stay.

Macman
Jul 30, 2012, 07:23 PM
Case in point:

The Voices. I just love how expressive and distinct each array of voices are currently in the lineup, and they even put in feature voices from famous voice actors of their industry. (With how SEGA has been treating their localizations of their Phantasy Star titles, and seeing how Europe and America really don't have that kind of fan culture for voice actors in general... I don't really know how well this one is going to transfer well.)
I wouldn't be surprised if the NA/EU versions pull another PSP2 and just not have any voiceovers in cutscenes.

Agitated_AT
Jul 30, 2012, 07:35 PM
Yes I will defenitly

Mike
Jul 30, 2012, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the NA/EU versions pull another PSP2 and just not have any voiceovers in cutscenes.
Just think of all the money and hard disk space that could be saved by cutting out voices for all but the most cinematic of cutscenes (the ones that use subtitles instead of text boxes).

EvilMag
Jul 30, 2012, 08:00 PM
Just think of all the money and hard disk space that could be saved by cutting out voices for all but the most cinematic of cutscenes (the ones that use subtitles instead of text boxes).

How big was JP PSP2? US PSP2 was around 900 MB because of all the cut out voice clips and DLC option.

Macman
Jul 30, 2012, 08:02 PM
That doesn't excuse us waiting HALF A YEAR for our version, though.

EvilMag
Jul 30, 2012, 08:04 PM
Yeah and also saying we're gonna be like the JP version then 5 years later they pull a bullshit excuse saying we're a unique version of PSO2 because we are not getting any of the same content that JP is getting.

Mike
Jul 30, 2012, 08:06 PM
How big was JP PSP2? US PSP2 was around 900 MB because of all the cut out voice clips and DLC option.
I'm not sure. The official site (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/product/) says 1481MB or more but I don't have my PSP with me to check.

Dan Maku
Jul 30, 2012, 08:07 PM

I dunno, Sega has been good with VAs in their games as of late. Hell, they got Yuri Lowenthal to do a role in PSZ.

Zari
Jul 30, 2012, 08:10 PM

Sticking with the JP servers especially if that is the case.

No...it is NOT a bad content gap. How many MMOs have you played? In a majority of MMOs the US version is a few months to 6 months or sometimes even more behind the original. Past 6 months would probably be bad, but only 6 months? Not a bad gap at all. Stop being impatient.

Zyrusticae
Jul 30, 2012, 08:15 PM
No...it is NOT a bad content gap. How many MMOs have you played? In a majority of MMOs the US version is a few months to 6 months or sometimes even more behind the original. Past 6 months would probably be bad, but only 6 months? Not a bad gap at all. Stop being impatient.
"Everybody's terrible, it's okay if they're terrible too!"

:-?

Zari
Jul 30, 2012, 08:19 PM

*facepalm*

it is NOT a terrible gap. You are just impatient. The important thing is how consistently we get the updates. The gap is only important if it is too large, and 6 months is not too large.

You know, I'm just not gonna argue with you anymore. If you won't realize that 6 months is not bad and are just gonna be impatient then there is no point in continuing this.

inb4yousayIgaveupbecauseIhadnocomebackorbullcrapli kethat.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 08:23 PM

I've played games that are 2-3 years behind (and even managed to catch up). 6 months really is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Zyrusticae
Jul 30, 2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah, no, I really don't freakin' care about how you're used to everyone having an absolutely insane foreign update schedule.

The fact that there is at least one major company out there (Square Enix, of all people!) who can actually do concurrent worldwide updates means your standards are crap. Demand more, or get shafted. Me, I refuse to keep getting shafted.

Sierhiet
Jul 30, 2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah, no, I really don't freakin' care about how you're used to everyone having an absolutely insane foreign update schedule.

The fact that there is at least one major company out there (Square Enix, of all people!) who can actually do concurrent worldwide updates means your standards are crap. Demand more, or get shafted. Me, I refuse to keep getting shafted.

Your talking about a company who recently just had to reboot their entire online franchise because of a complete failure of an initial launch. They have entirely different problems and are not perfect either.

Zyrusticae
Jul 30, 2012, 08:41 PM
That just makes it all the more galling that other companies just can't get their shit together, actually.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 08:42 PM

The fact that there is at least one major company out there (Square Enix, of all people!) who can actually do concurrent worldwide updates means your standards are crap. Demand more, or get shafted. Me, I refuse to keep getting shafted.I don't consider waiting 6 months getting "shafted" any more than I would about having to wait for anything else to be imported.

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2012, 08:50 PM
Your talking about a company who recently just had to reboot their entire online franchise because of a complete failure of an initial launch. They have entirely different problems and are not perfect either.

See, that's an interesting note you made. After FFXIV's colossal failbomb, you remember what SE did? They spent a year groveling for forgiveness, expressing their apologies from releasing such a crummy product and gave everyone with a box something like a year's worth of free play while they steadily worked to fix the game.

On the other hand, Sega can't even be arsed to admit to their laughable handling of PS outside Japan, nevermind provide any compensations or remedies. So, if people look more favorably upon SE than they do Sega, despite the former's failure being more severe, you can understand why.

As for this "six months isn't a big deal" stuff, remember that it's not just the six months. It's the six months on top of the knowledge that that six months is going to become seven, then nine, and then you'll be making jokes about how the JP servers have lapped you.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 08:59 PM
As for this "six months isn't a big deal" stuff, remember that it's not just the six months. It's the six months on top of the knowledge that that six months is going to become seven, then nine, and then you'll be making jokes about how the JP servers have lapped you.

Sorry. I'm used to games actually managing to catch up. You have a point.

Darki
Jul 30, 2012, 11:27 PM
In most MMOs I've played, even with over a year content gap, the updates have been steady, and even being lots of content behind the original servers, we'd get new stuff always every 2~4 weeks. I'm thinking about Ragnarök Online, for example, when I look at the korean updates section my feelings are "oh cool, look at what we'll be getting in some months!"

With SEGA it has ever been like "oh shit, look at what the JPs are getting and we won't".

supersonix9
Jul 31, 2012, 12:10 AM
Hell no I won't.

UnsentMadman
Jul 31, 2012, 06:11 PM
Waiting for the game to come out in NA before I think about playing it.

Between work and art school, I'm not going to have a lot of time to play anyways. In the meantime, I'll have games like Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 to occupy the small amount of gaming time that I will have.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 06:14 PM
Well, I actually enjoyed making a new character on a different ship, so the only thing that would put me off is if the NA/EU release starts with level 30 cap. Even then, I'd still make an English character if I could help my friends have fun

Akaimizu
Jul 31, 2012, 06:16 PM
I'll probably pull off a Kuno from Ranma 1/2 and say I shall have both!

Mystil
Jul 31, 2012, 08:42 PM

Its because the team that's running XIV was the same team that ran XI. And that's hilarious cause that's when XI became awesome again.. The players weren't going for their BS anymore and hence, bad launch. lol playerbase finally forced a positive change. SE normally does what it feels like and nerfs the hell out of everything.

Should really be glad, SE is not running PSO2.

Vintasticvin
Aug 4, 2012, 03:20 PM

So instead of demanding more you're groveling at the Main Sega Branch's feets as if they are your masters. IF you're a native to the server's region then my comment is to be disregarded.^^; But seriously people from the US/EU regions that says "Demand more, or get shafted" only to see them run off to JP instead of going on the campaign for a better game for their servers make me a sad panda which sadly this is most of the engrish pso2 commute.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 4, 2012, 03:35 PM
in the end it will come down to PayPal support for me+^_^+ i mean, both have english now so it's only AC purchase hurdles that are hard to overcome+^_^+

Haseokun
Aug 4, 2012, 03:35 PM
I have no plans to switch to PSO2 USA/ SoA Version. This could change depending on how they handle the AC Shop in USA, and how shoddy the voice acting is or isn't in it. I really liked the voice overs for PSP2 and expect similar quality in the PSO2 USA Client. It all comes down to how Sega is going to handle it. I'm not on the fence though. PSO2 JP is my main dish, not PSO2 USA. Once I figure out a way to gets AC working for me I'll definitely be working on the hardcore grind to 40.

girugamarc
Aug 4, 2012, 04:11 PM
120 hours (that's not even a lot compared to others) spent on this game says I will absolutely not be migrating to the US version unless I am forced to.

Hackers will probably run rampant on the US servers anyways, and SoA will do an even worse job at trying to prevent it than SoJ.

Zethswey
Aug 4, 2012, 10:58 PM
It's sad that the majority of you ppl is sticking to the JP server even though they made an English server for us. And to tell you the truth i didn't even play the game yet after hearing about it for 2months so far. I'd rather wait for the english server to avoid complications and much easier, smoother gameplay. I mean honestly it's just stupid, the japanese kids would probably think your stupid for missing a free shot. Some times i wonder if you all are brain washed by the Japanese or some crap lol. It's kind of ridiculous and annoying.. I hope the hackers make your life misearable lol..

Kous
Aug 4, 2012, 11:06 PM
It's sad that the majority of you ppl is sticking to the JP server even though they made an English server for us. And to tell you the truth i didn't even play the game yet after hearing about it for 2months so far. I'd rather wait for the english server to avoid complications and much easier, smoother gameplay. I mean honestly it's just stupid, the japanese kids would probably think your stupid for missing a free shot. Some times i wonder if you all are brain washed by the Japanese or some crap lol. It's kind of ridiculous and annoying.. I hope the hackers make your life misearable lol..

lol i mean all of yall were done on yall knees hoping for a NA/Eu versions and now that they give it to yall on a silver platter. Yall arent gonna take it. I mean its like Sega like these ppl are so ungrateful and make a I.P block >.> so the Japenese server can only be for the Japenese

Asakust
Aug 4, 2012, 11:10 PM
I never asked for a NA/EU version. Community is god awful anyways. :3

Not the only oversea game I play, not going to be the last either. Not to mention IP blocks are weak, there's a reason why I have a VPN!~

Kous
Aug 4, 2012, 11:13 PM
I never asked for a NA/EU version. Community is god awful anyways. :3

So you mean the Na/Eu community where everyones speaks english and everyone can be your friend in the party. No I'm srry i dont get the logic of that. U rather spend time with 3/4's of a players base that can't speak your language by all means enjoy that :(:(:(

Blackheart521
Aug 4, 2012, 11:18 PM
So you mean the Na/Eu community where everyones speaks english and everyone can be your friend in the party. No I'm srry i dont get the logic of that. U rather spend time with 3/4's of a players base that can't speak your language by all means enjoy that :(:(:(

there are plenty of people who speak English on the JP servers and most of them are planning on staying on it. It's not like the English community on the JP servers will be dead after the NA/EU version comes out.

Zethswey
Aug 4, 2012, 11:19 PM

I know dude.. This shouldn't really be a poll. Common sense should pull you towards the directions of the logical side. All three of the votes should be replaced with Yes, Yes, and another Yes..

Asakust
Aug 4, 2012, 11:21 PM
Even when people speak English, I ignore them. I can't stand the immaturity and stupidity that goes on. Not to mention I despise hvng 2 read english liek dis all day erry day liek omg LULZ it piz me OFF XD (that was a challenge and a half to type, good lord).

You can make friends without speaking the language (properly), it just takes more effort. Also, I don't think I can count my 4th language as 'my language'.

Kous
Aug 4, 2012, 11:23 PM
there are plenty of people who speak English on the JP servers and most of them are planning on staying on it. It's not like the English community on the JP servers will be dead after the NA/EU version comes out.

I know but your English speaking player-base is limited. On the U.S and EA servers its gonna be most. On U.S server English is the Majority and you wont have to only play with your friends you could play with anyone cuz mostly everyone would speak English

goldwing
Aug 4, 2012, 11:24 PM
i plan on both but idk cause im getting my friends to play the jp version after long debates with them one by one they are joining so its up in the air for me at this point :/

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2012, 11:29 PM

You must be new to F2P game communities.

Kous
Aug 4, 2012, 11:35 PM
You must be new to F2P game communities.

haha funny. I am not new to F2P mmo's. I wouldnt make statement unless u know the facts, must be the same reason your going to play the Japense server >.>.

Blackheart521
Aug 4, 2012, 11:39 PM
I know but your English speaking player-base is limited. On the U.S and EA servers its gonna be most. On U.S server English is the Majority and you wont have to only play with your friends you could play with anyone cuz mostly everyone would speak English

It's about quality not quantity, most of the people I meet and party with are very courteous and nice... I have 40+ people on my friends list that are all very cool, I don't need thousands and thousands of players, some of which are assholes to everyone in the game.

I have met some cool people on JP and as long as they are still playing on it then I'll be playing on it. Not to mention we will most likely get content a lot faster and content of better quality.

Zethswey
Aug 5, 2012, 12:10 AM
It's about quality not quantity, most of the people I meet and party with are very courteous and nice... I have 40+ people on my friends list that are all very cool, I don't need thousands and thousands of players, some of which are assholes to everyone in the game.

I have met some cool people on JP and as long as they are still playing on it then I'll be playing on it. Not to mention we will most likely get content a lot faster and content of better quality.

That was a stupid comment.. You didn't even give the EU server a chance stating the point it's not even out yet LoL. Soon you'll see your so called cool friends heading towards the EN server, trust me.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 5, 2012, 01:03 AM
I think it's funny that the official Sega of America forum has a section for PSO2 and they are ALL playing on the JP servers. Many of them aren't even interested in switching.

But then again...

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?418783-Anyone-bought-AC-cash-on-here&

Yeah, I'm not going to condone that thread. It is explicitly against the official ToS to buy AC outside of Japan. Not that I do not understand you, but this is an official site, too.

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2012, 01:05 AM
haha funny. I am not new to F2P mmo's. I wouldnt make statement unless u know the facts, must be the same reason your going to play the Japense server >.>.

The fact is every F2P community I have encountered has been fucking awful and dire and full of twelve year olds intent on making me regret paying for internet.

If you like meme sperging shit spouting little snots then by all means, head on over and talk about how top end you are and how amazing your gear is and how anyone with 1% less efficiency is just the worst in the world (but anyone with 1% better is a tryhard nerd).

Yeah no, get fucked US F2P community. Get fucked hard.

Macman
Aug 5, 2012, 01:08 AM
It's sad that the majority of you ppl is sticking to the JP server even though they made an English server for us.

I hope the hackers make your life misearable lol..
You're a funny guy, because that is exactly what is going to happen on the English server. :-P

Darki
Aug 5, 2012, 01:31 AM

Wow.

This post just broke my tard-meter.

Zyrusticae
Aug 5, 2012, 01:35 AM
Wow.

This post just broke my tard-meter.
Nothing more needs to be said.

DerpiestShazbot
Aug 5, 2012, 01:36 AM
Seeing how I still haven't really played PSO2 because my PC sucks, I think I'll just wait until the official English version. Maybe by the time that comes out I'll have my new PC built. If not, then hopefully the English PSO2 will be released simultaneously on PC and Vita because I already own a PS Vita.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 5, 2012, 02:13 AM

lol i mean all of yall were done on yall knees hoping for a NA/Eu versions and now that they give it to yall on a silver platter. Yall arent gonna take it. I mean its like Sega like these ppl are so ungrateful and make a I.P block >.> so the Japenese server can only be for the Japenese

The thing about it is - going off of PSU (which the NA/EU servers were over, what was it? A year and a half behind in content?) People don't want to go with SoA again. Instead of waiting months for the content, or not getting it at all, we choose to play on these servers. *shrugs* Simple, really.

Lumpen Thingy
Aug 5, 2012, 02:20 AM
The thing about it is - going off of PSU (which the NA/EU servers were over, what was it? A year and a half behind in content?) People don't want to go with SoA again. Instead of waiting months for the content, or not getting it at all, we choose to play on these servers. *shrugs* Simple, really.
Ya I really don't want to go through that again and the way other PS games were treated in the states I'll just stick with the JP version of any PS game for now on.

Asuni
Aug 5, 2012, 02:29 AM
staying on japanese servers :)

Heat Haze
Aug 5, 2012, 02:43 AM
After thinking it for a bit, I don't intend to switch.

Before the inevitable trolling attempts or stupid comments stemming from the point completely flying by their heads; it has nothing to do with Sega of America or anything of that nature.

I just don't like starting over, and so far the English and Japanese community have been very nice. Yeah, there is that language barrier but we all have a good time regardless. I see no reason to switch over when I'm already satisfied.

Kous
Aug 5, 2012, 08:15 PM
The fact is every F2P community I have encountered has been fucking awful and dire and full of twelve year olds intent on making me regret paying for internet.

If you like meme sperging shit spouting little snots then by all means, head on over and talk about how top end you are and how amazing your gear is and how anyone with 1% less efficiency is just the worst in the world (but anyone with 1% better is a tryhard nerd).

what do u expect its a game. U think kids wouldnt play come on. I would think kids like 25 and up wouldnt play
Then i would be like I guess you think PSO2 is only for 40 year old ppl with no life.

Kous
Aug 5, 2012, 08:17 PM

A Respect-able statement, but yall are so broken from What PSU was like that yall are not wanted to forget and forgive, dont you think Sega knew that they were at fault and are gonna try to fix that. I mean point-blank-period This is a different game and a knew time for Sega to be better

sugarFO
Aug 5, 2012, 08:28 PM
A Respect-able statement, but yall are so broken from What PSU was like that yall are not wanted to forget and forgive, dont you think Sega knew that they were at fault and are gonna try to fix that. I mean point-blank-period This is a different game and a knew time for Sega to be better

Except SEGA is a company and it wants our money. Why should I spend money on a product that may or may not deliver? I would rather invest in the JP Server where I know it will be worthwhile. The burden of proving the game will be managed competently is on them, it's not up to the players to make it so.

Lyrah
Aug 5, 2012, 08:31 PM
Except SEGA is a company and it wants our money. Why should I spend money on a product that may or may not deliver? I would rather invest in the JP Server where I know it will be worthwhile. The burden of proving the game will be managed competently is on them, it's not up to the players to make it so.

This. If people don't want to switch because they don't trust a company then they won't, simple as that. And btw ur pwetttty ; w ;

Zethswey
Aug 5, 2012, 08:42 PM
Mm what ever. Who ever made this poll was a troll LoL. They knew what was coming. Anyways i see that ppl have there very own reason to switch and not to switch.. So im calling it quits to this war, seeing that i can't convince any1 it's pointless. When it releases will see what happens.