PDA

View Full Version : Do weapon elements matter to you? (Getting ready for the Floating Continent )

EXPFULL
Jul 27, 2012, 05:33 PM
After seeing that latest preview video, and spotting that the next batch of enemies are going to be weak to DARK , I've seen dark weapons fly off the shelves of the player shops on Ship 2.

But, I've also seen quite a bit of talk that suggests that elements don't matter much to some....

So, do they matter to you?

Would you buy a weapon just to have the edge for the next level?

I guess dark is a pretty good one actualy, as our good friend the Rappy is also weak to dark, and we'll all be hunting them down pretty soon too!

Saffran
Jul 27, 2012, 05:40 PM
I've been trying to get my hands on all elements. I already keep a couple of dark weapons in my inventory. I never use them though.

HFlowen
Jul 27, 2012, 05:41 PM
They don't make a huge enough difference for me to bother investing specifically into a high element weapon.

Zyrusticae
Jul 27, 2012, 05:42 PM
If element weapons worked like in PSU, I would.

But nope. Not worth the effort.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2012, 05:42 PM
I saw and instantly grabbed a dark dinia edge with lucky rise for 525k some time in the last week, figuring that after the darkers in the tundra were weak to lightning that we should expect something different again so jumped right on it. Looks like I was right.

Although I was more expecting a rappy boss, but-

Crysteon
Jul 27, 2012, 05:44 PM
Elemental damage doesnt really have a high impact at this moment...but I'm almost positive I'd take an elemental rare instead of a neutral one. 50% weapons dont really do 50% more elemental damage, but they simply add better chances for criticals and +50 atk power (or whatever...something related is posted in the JP wiki about the matter).

Mystil
Jul 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
Elements seem useless(as a RA at least) in this game..

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2012, 05:49 PM
Yes, elements are just as important to me as grinds (at least on common items). Rares are too pricey to bother. But I always make sure I get my commons to 50%, just to get maximum damage effect.

That and, old habits (from PSU) die hard.

jiasu73
Jul 27, 2012, 05:51 PM
Will not bother and will stick to 9* and 8* rares for now. Maybe later on but i wish to save my meseta for now.

Chaosfissure
Jul 27, 2012, 05:51 PM
Short answer: Yes.

Rambling below.

To be honest, I don't know entirely how elemental damage is applied to weapons. If it's a multiplier ((1+element)/100), then it would make sense that elements are important, and noticeable, at higher values.

Now, if a weapon does high damage, I suppose it'll do decent damage regardless of element. I haven't pursued full elemental sets for main weapons because it's a bit too expensive (and on force weapons, I just use them for pp regen instead of raw damage), but it doesn't mean that I would neglect high stat weapons

I personally use weapons with elements on them. If it increases my damage, then hey, what's to complain about it?

Fire and Energy cover all the areas that currently exist in the game. As the game expands, chances are that all the elements will become more useful (notably dark in the next area), requiring more than just a few weapons that cover all the bases. It's mainly that elements increase damage, but don't account for any penalties, that some people may be more focused on affixes than say element.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 27, 2012, 05:53 PM
If they have no resistances against anything, then a 50% dark weapon will only do a couple percent more damage than 50% of any element
50% on a 3* is way better than a 15%-20% rare, though, regardless of element

darkante
Jul 27, 2012, 06:04 PM
No, elements doesn´t bother me in this game.
Things dies pretty fast it is.

If it were like Monster Hunter then yes.

EXPFULL
Jul 27, 2012, 06:04 PM
All good points guys. Interesting topic.

It seems that weapon types that were spotted in the video are not selling out, but types like assault rifle are selling quite well, I guess as they are not about to be replaced!

Time to sell a few I'd been holding onto I guess. I thought WIND would be the element of choice here. Dark is a bit of an odd pick for the new level if you ask me!

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2012, 06:25 PM
Wind already has a use in the forest. So far Dark is the only weapon that has no use, besides rappies.

But I'd bet wind will be making a comeback very soon too. As far as I'm aware, we know basically nothing about the enemies in the next areas. At least here we knew there would be a quartz/crystal dragon, and dark can kind of be logicked into being the new element of choice against bright crystals.

Anything but more fire and lightning pls.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 27, 2012, 06:38 PM
I suppose these are 'pure' crystals, which are more easily attributed to light element than anything else

sugarFO
Jul 27, 2012, 06:55 PM
Nope! I use the cutest and prettiest weapon regardless of stats. ^^

UnLucky
Jul 27, 2012, 07:17 PM
Nope, elements are a marginal improvement at best, and all but worthless to a Force

Just something to use Synthesizers on when you're bored and have a lot of common dupes

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 27, 2012, 07:20 PM
Element seems to work fairly well but I don't think it will make a huge impact till stuff becomes harder to kill in maybe very hard or ultimate whenever that comes out.

KrankItVZ
Jul 28, 2012, 03:07 AM
Yes because it looks much cooler when you hit them