PDA

View Full Version : Frustration with Rare Weapons

JayD-X
Jul 28, 2012, 03:07 AM
Ok, I have been playing this game for two and a half weeks and I have been loving it. In my opinion, this game has everything that got me hooked on PSO1 and so much more. I love the game and I have been playing it non-stop for the past couple of weeks. Haha. I don't know where my life went.

That being said, I have a question about the drop rates with rare weapons in this game. In the first PSO the drops were separated by Section I.D. but this game seems to have the same drops for everyone. I have just reached level 30 as a Ranger and all the rares that I have found have been for Force and Hunter, not to mention that GunSlash that you can get on normal. I haven't found a single rare rifle or launcher. Not even the weapons that aren't that rare. Is anyone else experiencing this? I haven't found a rare specific to my class yet. It's kinda irritating me. I have 4 different Talis', 4 partisans, 2 wired lances, and 2 swords. What gives?

ChronoTrigga
Jul 28, 2012, 03:13 AM
I just want a Soul Eater.

Arika
Jul 28, 2012, 03:17 AM
Since you just get to lv 30, therefore most of the rare you found on early stage are those cheap 7*, which you can buy them from shop easily. (7* rifle is only a 5000 meseta or something? well you could get that money in 5 min anyway)

This game isn't all about just finding everything in your own. Actually, it is nearly impossible to get all the stuffs you like from drop finder. Purchase from shop is very much the option for people to get what item they like.

Anyway, you miss nothing much really, because those stuffs you could find from mission previously to level-30 are kind of junk rares.

Free mission (Hard mode) is where the real hunt begin.

UnLucky
Jul 28, 2012, 03:17 AM
I found two unidentified rifles and one launcher as a Force.

But uh, are you checking the showcased rare on the mission list?

JayD-X
Jul 28, 2012, 03:25 AM
What is the showcased rare? I just thought that was the last two rares that were found for that particular level.

I just want a Soul Eater.
I wanted one also, but then I found out I wouldn't be able to use any of the PA's. :(

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 28, 2012, 03:43 AM
What is the showcased rare? I just thought that was the last two rares that were found for that particular level.

Most likely yeah, but there is a more comprehensive list of rare items dropped in that quest if you select the last option when selecting the quest.

It will show you how many times the item has dropped, so I assume if you want to hunt for a particular rare you should find the quest that has dropped it the most number of times and keep grinding in that quest.

jooozek
Jul 28, 2012, 03:48 AM
Unlock the EX drinks, they have a higher chance of providing the identified/unidentified sub-buff. You generally want to get the unidentified drop rate up sub-buff as being able to pick the attribute and one of the three exclusive abilities (on top of it having a chance for some other abilities) and it can come with a 1-3 grind already. But that aside, if you have the meseta to buy stuff you should just go for it. If you decide on buying you should think thoroughly if you want the Tekker's exclusive abilities (the three +5% boosts: either drop rate up or meseta drop rate up or experience boost) so you don't decide after grinding up your weapon to get another one with those abilities.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 28, 2012, 03:53 AM
It may be designed this way to encourage people to trade and sell items through the MyShops - I've found a grand total of one good Force rare thus far (Claritas Visas) as a FONewearl player, with the rest being a mix of Swords/Wired Lances/Rifles/Launchers. A friend of mine, playing a HUNewearl, has been getting loads of Talis Legacy cards. :3

So don't be too discouraged, and certainly don't let false pride get in the way of just buying the rare off the MyShop market. It'll do wonders for your abiliy to enjoy the game. XD

oifjustus
Jul 28, 2012, 06:43 AM
Conspiracy to purchase premium for trading.

Arika
Jul 28, 2012, 06:52 AM
Conspiracy to purchase premium for trading.
nah, trading isn't as efficient as buying. So far I never find a good chance to trade item yet, because none of the rare are equal in value.

Best to just sell everything you don't need, get meseta, then buy anything you need.
So "my shop" is kidda important to use when you got rare. it is 700 yen/month. it is much lower cost compare to PSO/PSU subscription in the past. Or you could live with 3 days shop ticket to sell only big rare. You don't really find them often anyway.

gigawuts
Jul 28, 2012, 07:06 AM
This is something I've noticed too, and last night I resumed leveling my non-main classes.

Instaboot for playing a FOcast, here I come!

Rei-San
Jul 28, 2012, 11:29 AM
I don't have a problem with the drop rates, I like that they are hard to find. Gave rare hunting character unlike in PSU.

What I am pissed about though is that all the rare are just Aesthetics. They are just reskins. I would like for them to have unique attacks or abilites. But those might come at a latter date... Hopefully.

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2012, 11:33 AM
I think the drops rates are comically bad, and need to be fixed a bit. However, I may just be saying this because my luck is complete and utter crap.

Kion
Jul 28, 2012, 12:33 PM
I think they're pretty much crap too. I've found two 7* gun slashes and that's it. Gotten nothing from grinding bosses.

Arika
Jul 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
I think they are perfectly fine at this point.

I m not lucky person either, but with the roaming I could gain constant meseta of 500k~ 1mil per day from "only NPC sell"
The most expensive item are at around 5 mil, which mean you could farm meseta to get it from 5-10 days without any extra luck. It is okay, not too easy and not too hard. We will see later on those 10* 11* 12* tho. it could be like PSU that you need meseta from whole dedicated year to just purchase one item.

Polly
Jul 28, 2012, 01:09 PM
This is something I've noticed too, and last night I resumed leveling my non-main classes.

Instaboot for playing a FOcast, here I come!

I love FOcasts! I party with one all the time and he's pretty damn good at his job, and a jolly good fellow on top of that.

As for rares...I can't bring myself to care much since the drop rates are so barfy. IF something drops, fine. My best drop is a Mammoth Fang (?) wired lance, which is alright. Gonna burn my drop rate ticket in hopes of a Hyperion but I'm almost 100% sure it's not happenin'.

I really don't have the patience or will to waste money on grinding the damn things either in order to be somewhat decent.

ScottyMango
Jul 28, 2012, 01:12 PM
I'm a level 39 hunter, and the only rares I EVER find are rifles and launches. Sometimes gunslashes.

Neith
Jul 28, 2012, 01:13 PM
Rare drops are almost non existant (I refuse to call that 7* gunslash a rare), but there's so many players that teh market is flooded so you can buy whatever you want.

Shame though, I was always a solo/small party rare hunter in PSO and that just isn't feasible anymore. Now it's all about Cross Bursts and rare drop tickets.

JayD-X
Jul 28, 2012, 01:58 PM
I was in a Cross Burst yesterday that lasted for over 5 min in Urban(City) on hard mode and I still didn't get anything. I was grinding for the 9* star rifle. I don't know how many Dagan we killed but I expected at least SOMETHING to drop from SOMETHING! But nothing....lol. No luck at all.

I'm so scared of buying from the player shop because I know once I buy the weapon, I'll end up finding the same weapon soon after. Then what would I do with the dupe? Curse my paranoia.

JeyKama
Jul 28, 2012, 02:04 PM
^^^ You could always use it to buff your weapon element%

(what the... random smiley... I guess it looks appropriate o.o)

Kylrad
Jul 28, 2012, 02:35 PM
I'm Pretty much in the same boat as you. I've got like 10 each FO/HU rares in my bank and only found 1 RA launcher but it was a 7* one so it wasn't very useful to me. Though I did get lucky when I was playing on ship 10 while waiting for ship 2 to open back up, i got a 9* AR on the first HM City raid I did.

Alenoir
Jul 28, 2012, 02:47 PM
Same thing is happening to me too. The only relative rare I ever got as a ranger is the 9* unit. Otherwise, nope, no rare ranger weapon found at all, and I've already level capped.

Otherwise... 3 different gunslashes, 2 talis, 1 rod, 1 wired lance, 2 partisans. ._.a

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 28, 2012, 03:02 PM
Maybe it is a conspiracy. I'd say play a different class but I haven't seen a rare drop since i capped all 3 T_T. Rerolling cast i guess..

Arika
Jul 29, 2012, 12:57 AM
Rare drops are almost non existant (I refuse to call that 7* gunslash a rare), but there's so many players that teh market is flooded so you can buy whatever you want.

Shame though, I was always a solo/small party rare hunter in PSO and that just isn't feasible anymore. Now it's all about Cross Bursts and rare drop tickets.

Nobody really use rare drop ticket tho, every JP says it is worthless currently because it only boost for 30 min at +100%, and it cost you around 50,000 yen to get one of that. Normally people expect rare from every 5 hours of roaming. So they can hope nothing from a ticket that only last 30 min long. (let's compare PSU event where it boost rare drop for 250% and last for 1 months to something boost just 100% and last 30 min)

So lucky is the most important aspect here. Some people with more time may get more chance. that is it. Still, those aren't efficient way to really get what you want. just buy it from shop is the best way.

NPC every junk item you got from roaming, you will have enough meseta.

Keyblade59
Jul 29, 2012, 02:00 AM
I assure there will never be a shortage of Talis legacies at any point game, as they drop like flies. People say rappie cannons drop like mad but I have yet to find 1.

Still can't find Divulcan or Tigredor, which Tigredor is a extremely common 9 star drop compared to most.

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2012, 02:04 AM
Nobody really use rare drop ticket tho, every JP says it is worthless currently because it only boost for 30 min at +100%, and it cost you around 50,000 yen to get one of that. Normally people expect rare from every 5 hours of roaming. So they can hope nothing from a ticket that only last 30 min long. (let's compare PSU event where it boost rare drop for 250% and last for 1 months to something boost just 100% and last 30 min)

So lucky is the most important aspect here. Some people with more time may get more chance. that is it. Still, those aren't efficient way to really get what you want. just buy it from shop is the best way.

NPC every junk item you got from roaming, you will have enough meseta.

They did what in PSU?

Well I guess with the crafting system they had to come up with something to make it remotely feasible to get a fully ground weapon that was, well, actually rare.

Deviruki
Jul 29, 2012, 02:10 AM
My luck with finding rares is awful...
All gunslashes.
I ended up just buying a Soul Eater from the market, then Vol Souling it + maxing it out.
Recently I found a Zanba though. :D +15% EXP.

JayD-X
Jul 29, 2012, 03:55 AM
I have found 2 Zanba's today alone. :(

Update on my Rifle hunting though, I found the 7* one. :/ Still having crappy luck.

RocSage
Jul 29, 2012, 04:33 AM
unless you get the drop yourself the weapon isn't added to your codex, which sucks.

Aeris
Jul 29, 2012, 04:33 AM
I was getting crap rares for a while when i am not hunting for them, i end up finding them like the 9* rod that dropped for me in mines, wasn't even hunting for that lol.

DreamTonight
Jul 29, 2012, 07:21 AM
I was getting crap rares for a while when i am not hunting for them, i end up finding them like the 9* rod that dropped for me in mines, wasn't even hunting for that lol.

Exactly thats the point. If you hunt for an item you can get grey-haired until you find it. But if you're playing without farming something you get it ;)

darkante
Jul 29, 2012, 08:48 AM
I personally prefer to find my rares instead of buying them, but that doesn´t seem reasonable considering the prices of some.
Sucks really.

trust_kill
Jul 29, 2012, 09:17 AM
Rare items should be rare.

Firehouse1983
Jul 29, 2012, 09:37 AM
I can see why the OP is a bit frustrated, lol. I'm a hunter, and I have only found 1 ranger rare (the rappy cannon)...while the rest has been lances, partisons and a 4 Talis's o.o

Macman
Jul 29, 2012, 09:57 AM
I don't even find the junk rares. Not one Daylight Scar or Talis Legacy.
You people should count your blessings.

EXPFULL
Jul 29, 2012, 10:09 AM
Personally, I like that rares are rare.

:D

Heat Haze
Jul 29, 2012, 10:11 AM
I don't seem to get too many good rares. Things I usually find are.. Zanbas, Daylight Scars, Talis Legacies, Vraolet.. those sort of things.

Decent rares I've gotten would be Spardaion, Edge Blazer, Cruel Coffin and Garland; with the last two being the only relevant things for me as a FO.

FerrPSO
Jul 29, 2012, 01:46 PM
I m not lucky person either, but with the roaming I could gain constant meseta of 500k~ 1mil per day from "only NPC sell"

damn, I've been playing since open beta and still didnt reach 1M.
Selling all the shit except weps that I keep for leveling my mag..

Macman
Jul 29, 2012, 02:34 PM
I've probably accumulated over 1M, but I spend it all on grinding. Damn you Dodo!

Enforcer MKV
Jul 29, 2012, 02:38 PM
I've probably accumulated over 1M, but I spend it all on grinding. Damn you Dodo!

I know I've accumulated over 1M, but I spend it all on pre-ground weapons. Damn you player shops!

(I hope this didn't come across as mocking, definitely wasn't meant that way.)

Macman
Jul 29, 2012, 03:39 PM
Those are so horribly expensive, though. Unless you ABSOLUTELY need +10 on your 9-star weapon, or have awful luck (I'm sure most can attest to this I guess) it's cheaper to grind it yourself.

Shinmarizu
Jul 29, 2012, 08:09 PM
Dodo says hello. I swear, he's probably the richest guy in PSO2, with all the meseta we throw at him. Wonder what his several villas look like.

But yeah, I have yet to get a significantly rare and useful Force weapon, and I don't mean Talis Legacies. Heck, I got a Rappy Cannon and a 9-star rifle from Tundra (can't recall the name), but those went to my brother who's a Ranger. Thank goodness I make do with good purchases from player shops. Those of you who get these drops are lucky.

Buying those fully ground 9-star weapons and armor? The poster above me has it right: It is cheaper to do it yourself, especially with regular weapons. I could buy a weapon, grind it, do some ability synthesis and with luck, it will outclass most rares without having to burn a 1.5 million meseta hole in my wallet.

In the end though, Dodo wins.

chaosbelow
Jul 29, 2012, 08:44 PM
I found a tarnada after searching mines for 30+ hours. I really like how rare the items truly are. Only about 300 tarnada's have dropped so its truly the definition of rare.

RocSage
Jul 29, 2012, 09:12 PM
you're lvl 40... anything you are getting right now is not rare.

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2012, 09:14 PM
you're lvl 40... anything you are getting right now is not rare.

What...? Care to explain? Pretty sure a weapon that's only dropped ~300 times out of probably at least 100,000 monster kills is 'rare.'

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah, uh, saying we're only level 40 so rares aren't rare is bullshit.

We're capped. Any curve as we know it from previous PS games does not apply right now. The rarest and highest damage weapons are still exactly that until we're spoonfed our next 10 levels. Even then they may still be super rare, just not as good.

Hosaka
Jul 29, 2012, 09:40 PM
OMG Y I GET NO HUNTAR RARES WAAAAH WHY IS MY LUCK SUCH CRAP WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IS GETTING ALL THIS SUPER COOL STUFF

...hm, here's hoping this really works, giga.

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2012, 09:46 PM
If it doesn't how interested are you in eleven daylight scars?

Hosaka
Jul 29, 2012, 09:49 PM
About as interested as people are in my eleven Vraolets.

RocSage
Jul 29, 2012, 11:08 PM
If you want to look at now and not down the line go right ahead. I prefer to think of rare in the long term. The rares that are out now are meant to not be rare, for the most part, and maybe 1 or 2 are actual incredibly rare rares.

Hosaka
Jul 29, 2012, 11:42 PM
If you want to look at now and not down the line go right ahead. I prefer to think of rare in the long term. The rares that are out now are meant to not be rare, for the most part, and maybe 1 or 2 are actual incredibly rare rares.

Well they sure could've fooled ME with those drop rates.

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2012, 11:48 PM

You remind me of the people who never buy phones or computers because there will be better ones in 6 months.

They always say better tech will come out in six months so they wait, but come six months they just say it again and in the end never ever just fucking get anything. They continue to use their shitty flip phones and windows ME dells until the end of days while trying to sound like smart consumers, when in reality they're even more short-sighted than people who waste away cash on every single upgrade.

If you wait for next month's rares every single month you'll never actually get any.

So no. The rares out now ARE intended to be actual rares. They drop rarely. This game has been designed with level restrictions in mind. Just because something won't be rare later doesn't make it not a rare for its time.

edit: And for reference, I have a Moto Droid 1. It was good at the time. Moto Droid 2 and 3 have since come out, along with a whole slew of other new models. Guess what? It's still a good phone.

RocSage
Jul 30, 2012, 12:24 AM
You remind me of the people who never buy phones or computers because there will be better ones in 6 months.

They always say better tech will come out in six months so they wait, but come six months they just say it again and in the end never ever just fucking get anything. They continue to use their shitty flip phones and windows ME dells until the end of days while trying to sound like smart consumers, when in reality they're even more short-sighted than people who waste away cash on every single upgrade.

If you wait for next month's rares every single month you'll never actually get any.

So no. The rares out now ARE intended to be actual rares. They drop rarely. This game has been designed with level restrictions in mind. Just because something won't be rare later doesn't make it not a rare for its time.

edit: And for reference, I have a Moto Droid 1. It was good at the time. Moto Droid 2 and 3 have since come out, along with a whole slew of other new models. Guess what? It's still a good phone.

No i take into account the scope of the game. lvl 40 isn't even half of the max. More than likely all of these items will be easy to find later and it was designed to be that way. It has nothing to do with waiting for later. It has to do with realizing in the scope of things lvl40 items aren't really something to be excited about and the fact that you can find them this early and this easily certainly not.

As far as phones. I don't use phones much in general and so I have a pre-paid pretty crappy one. Used to have a blackberry when they were populare several years ago, but I found that it's stupid for me to pay $100 a month for all the stuff on it I don't use when I could pay $100 a year and still get more than enough for what i need.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 12:29 AM
Exactly. You're holding off because they might not be rare (although they will be outclassed) in the next update.

We're getting monthly updates. For the foreseeable future nothing will be top tier for more than a month.

So...what? What's wrong with using these things now? In the name of being better later, you're sacrificing now. But I'm willing to say that for probably a year we're looking at monthly updates with new monthly content. So you'll wait a year to get something good.

If you like that then by all means, but don't expect other people to willingly ignore content because in one year it won't be good anymore. It's one thing when you're not at the cap and you're not willing to grind the best 7 star rare you've found so far, but really now.

RocSage
Jul 30, 2012, 12:33 AM
Exactly. You're holding off because they might not be rare (although they will be outclassed) in the next update.

We're getting monthly updates. For the foreseeable future nothing will be top tier for more than a month.

So...what? What's wrong with using these things now? In the name of being better later, you're sacrificing now. But I'm willing to say that for probably a year we're looking at monthly updates with new monthly content. So you'll wait a year to get something good.

If you like that then by all means, but don't expect other people to willingly ignore content because in one year it won't be good anymore. It's one thing when you're not at the cap and you're not willing to grind the best 7 star rare you've found so far, but really now.

You're making the presumption that I am saying don't go after it. Half the fun is collecting stuff. I'm just saying, stop being all "i can't find anything." You shouldn't find that much now in the first place and anything you find now won't be anything special to find at all soon enough.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 12:35 AM
Ah, I misunderstood. I see what you're saying. Yeah, right now rares won't be dropping frequently.

But I think I prefer current rates (discounting daylight scars) over what we'll get later on. Nothing like runs in PSO and finding redboxes in every room BUT JOKE'S ON YOU THEY'RE ALL VARISTAS AND CLUB OF LACONIUMS

And just to make you squirm, the club of laconiums are the ones with all the hit - never the varistas.

RocSage
Jul 30, 2012, 12:38 AM
Ah, I misunderstood. I see what you're saying. Yeah, right now rares won't be dropping frequently.

But I think I prefer current rates (discounting daylight scars) over what we'll get later on. Nothing like runs in PSO and finding redboxes in every room BUT JOKE'S ON YOU THEY'RE ALL VARISTAS AND CLUB OF LACONIUMS

And just to make you squirm, the club of laconiums are the ones with all the hit - never the varistas.

Depends on where your position in the game is. Varista's were awesome because you could easily twink with them and they'd make you overpowered up into the lvl 100+ range

Keyblade59
Jul 30, 2012, 01:03 AM
Depends on where your position in the game is. Varista's were awesome because you could easily twink with them and they'd make you overpowered up into the lvl 100+ range

They were always the best, one of the best and few good ranged weapons for hunters.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 01:07 AM
I preferred a gush yellow handgun (whatever that tier was called) and then arrest, both with 45 hit ofc. Did varista have arrest, or the paralyze special with slightly worse chance? I don't even remember. Everything else, slicers and swords.

NeoRydia
Jul 30, 2012, 01:55 AM
What...? Care to explain? Pretty sure a weapon that's only dropped ~300 times out of probably at least 100,000 monster kills is 'rare.'

Actually the drop tables listed under each mission only shows how many of the specific item has dropped in the last 7 days. It also seems to account for all servers combined (not 100% sure on this).

Coatl
Jul 30, 2012, 02:59 AM
Meh. I get at least one rare every mine or city run.
They don't feel all that "rare" to me.

Now, I've never dropped a good rare. They've either been have to put through +10 grinding and affixing to become good.

EDIT:

I got a Garland just now, and I know people who have no-life farmed for it for weeks.
Lol'd.

Coatl
Jul 30, 2012, 03:25 AM
oops double post.

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 04:13 AM
Oh, was that the rare you talked about in game?

Coatl
Jul 30, 2012, 08:09 AM
Yeah, it was. : p

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2012, 08:40 AM
I got a Garland just now, and I know people who have no-life farmed for it for weeks.

Dat RNG.

bitmaster
Jul 30, 2012, 09:01 AM
I think the drops rates are comically bad, and need to be fixed a bit. However, I may just be saying this because my luck is complete and utter crap.

I think mine is too. 92 hours logged and lvl 25, not a single rare has dropped for me, so my frustration is pretty high about the rare drops.

Jungo Torii
Jul 30, 2012, 11:00 AM
The only rares I ever get are all for FO, or a useless gunslash. Maybe if I weren't so lazy I'd find a few more rares, but meh.

Blastifyys
Jul 30, 2012, 11:03 AM
Ok, I have been playing this game for two and a half weeks and I have been loving it. In my opinion, this game has everything that got me hooked on PSO1 and so much more. I love the game and I have been playing it non-stop for the past couple of weeks. Haha. I don't know where my life went.

That being said, I have a question about the drop rates with rare weapons in this game. In the first PSO the drops were separated by Section I.D. but this game seems to have the same drops for everyone. I have just reached level 30 as a Ranger and all the rares that I have found have been for Force and Hunter, not to mention that GunSlash that you can get on normal. I haven't found a single rare rifle or launcher. Not even the weapons that aren't that rare. Is anyone else experiencing this? I haven't found a rare specific to my class yet. It's kinda irritating me. I have 4 different Talis', 4 partisans, 2 wired lances, and 2 swords. What gives?
i am a level 31 force and i only find rare force weps besides a gunslash other than that i dont have problems

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 03:53 PM
And this is why they need to bring section ID's back...

So I can go with the "bad" one and get extra hit weapons in episode 2!

Macman
Jul 30, 2012, 04:06 PM
Meh. I get at least one rare every mine or city run.
They don't feel all that "rare" to me.

Congratulations. You are a chosen one, chosen by the god of Random Number Generation to lead the game's economy to it's glory days. You will forever be awash with items that cause envy, and you will be one of the super-elite, looking down and laughing at us pitiful peons who wish they could break the million meseta stockpile milestone.

Revel in your glory, for we are not worthy.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 04:15 PM
And this is why they need to bring section ID's back...

Absolutely this.
100%.

Mikura
Jul 30, 2012, 04:16 PM
Rare drop rate seems fine to me. Although most of what I find seems to be force crap. They're supposed to be "rare" for a reason.

To be honest, I can't believe that many people are even bothered by it. The rares in this game really don't excite me considering how crappy they are stat-wise. Not to mention grinding them is a bitch. I'm actually more upset at how hard it is to find decent 5* weapons. The only ones I've gotten have been from matterboard quests.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 04:19 PM
Absolutely this.
100%.

The biggest issue isn't even section ID's though. We can just pretend everyone has the same ID.

No, the biggest issue is the lack of quests with different enemy spawns. Give us variations of each area with different enemy spawn rates. Let me hunt specifically for el adas. I still haven't found a fucking soul eater! I can find three spardaions but not one single soul eater? Come on.

Ueno54
Jul 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
Found a Zanba the other day and was excited because it dropped in the middle of a big fight with Kings and normal Yetis. Thought I had a Last Survivor for a sec :/

JayD-X
Jul 31, 2012, 03:19 AM
Of course rares are rares. But not finding a Rifle over 7 stars while playing every day for over 2 weeks is a bit ridiculous to me. But at the same time, I have been finding 7+* weapons for Force and Hunter. That's the main complaint that I have.

Sebastian & PSO
Jul 31, 2012, 11:27 AM
I think that PS02 really has taken the value out of ANY 'rare' item and made it not that rare at all.

For example a player could find the rarest staff for a force 1/6000000 drop rate, not know it, and end up selling it in his shop to any player for 5,000 meseta simply because their a hunter and will never be able to use it. Therefore the player who's lucky enough to buy it that cheap really didn't go through finding it through a drop rate anyway.

iwerkout
Jul 31, 2012, 11:35 AM
Don't worry too much. I never saw rares till I was level 40, and they were Tails, worth about 5k each heheh...

I have managed to find few good rares, but accidentally equipped them so I couldn't sell them. :<

It's all about luck, as usual, with Phantasy Star games. I'm one of those people who were born without it, so I just end up buying what I want in player shops. Doesn't hurt me none, I just have to work a little harder for what I want.

I think the way rares are set up in PSO2 is just fine. Some rares drop more then others, and some never drop at all. Something we're just going to have to deal with lol.

Ceresa
Jul 31, 2012, 11:57 AM
I think that PS02 really has taken the value out of ANY 'rare' item and made it not that rare at all.

For example a player could find the rarest staff for a force 1/6000000 drop rate, not know it, and end up selling it in his shop to any player for 5,000 meseta simply because their a hunter and will never be able to use it. Therefore the player who's lucky enough to buy it that cheap really didn't go through finding it through a drop rate anyway.

Because that hunter can't look for similar items on the shop and price accordingly? Deserves to get fucked out of money if so.

Regardless, there's no difference between someone lucking out and buying a Lavis for 5k versus getting one from the very first mob he kills.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2012, 02:32 PM
All I ever get are rare units which require more than twice my current defense to equip.