PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything left to do?

Jay6
Jul 28, 2012, 03:33 AM
I'm basically at a point where I think I've done everything.
Force lvl40, Ranger lvl25, Hunter lvl16. I don't care much for the levels of my other classes at this point.
Most client orders are all done. Still a lot of repeatable ones that I have left, and some Josef orders, but none for Force (except gunslash).
All matterboards up to 5 are at 100%
All chapters completed.

I mean, I could go out and look for rares, get premium to get a room, sell crap that I don't want, etc.. Though, I doubt that would keep me invested in the game all that much.

Perhaps I just need a break from the game. Anyone else at this point yet?

UnLucky
Jul 28, 2012, 03:41 AM
Outside of upgrading gear before they become obsolete by the next level cap increase, you could farm meseta I guess.

Get your daily FUN points while you wait for more content, like the upcoming floating island.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 28, 2012, 03:43 AM
take a break.

this game is basically half a game, until at least new weapons come out. then imo it'll be 80% a game. after the final "huge boss" that's gonna come out, it'll be a complete game.

that'll be next year though.

i'm more curious about what their plans will be AFTER they've finished all the "pso2 roadmap" updates.

Dabian
Jul 28, 2012, 03:44 AM
Take a break till August 8th. Floating islands, crystal dragon.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jul 28, 2012, 03:48 AM
I kinda feel like they probably already have everything in they announced in the roadmap done but are just holding out on us so they can say they are constantly giving us new content every 2 weeks =/

I guess it works though. Hopefully they will keep doing so for more than a year and not suddenly fall off a cliff with the content updates.

Jay6
Jul 28, 2012, 04:00 AM
Alrighty then, I guess a break is what I'll take. Though, I do still have friends that play the game. I guess I'll get on when they want to play. Or if I get bored, I'll make more symbol art.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 28, 2012, 04:01 AM
You can :

Take a break
Raise an alt
If you're playing a female character, go raise meseta so you can afford all the new dresses coming out. :P
Find a team and go hunt rares and PSEs

I think taking a break is a good idea. With luck, we've only barely scratched the surface of what Sega's planning, and we haven't even reached Very Hard mode yet. Don't burn out even before the new weapons come out - PSO's always best played with long break in between. XD

Crystal_Shard
Jul 28, 2012, 04:15 AM
It is this aspect that makes me really miss Infinity. Shame I put 6k+ hours into that game, I can't relive it now.

I've never been able to play any PSO-esque game continuously for very long - I always need to recharge once the rare hunt grind begins. PSO 2's been an exception in that I've managed to cap a character for the first time (albeit temporarily). :3

Back in PSO GC, I'd play for a few months, sputter out, then return to it a few months later.

Agitated_AT
Jul 28, 2012, 04:22 AM
The OP asks a good question. The answers are kind of worrying though. So there is really nothing to do after huh.

eharima
Jul 28, 2012, 04:23 AM
OP, you haven't even experienced the sub game

PS DODO

Ive spent more time in that fkn shop than i have questing

Ueno54
Jul 28, 2012, 04:36 AM
OP, you haven't even experienced the sub game

PS DODO

Ive spent more time in that fkn shop than i have questing

Don't ya just wanna drag him to free tundra and drop him in the boss room alone?

eharima
Jul 28, 2012, 04:41 AM
Don't ya just wanna drag him to free tundra and drop him in the boss room alone?

You do know when you fail a grind or ability transfer,

HE KEEPS THEM FOR HIS OWN WEAPONS .... !!

I doubt he would break a sweat :/

DARKWINGDARA
Jul 28, 2012, 07:23 AM
I don't even see why so many have bothered hitting the cap so fast. I've gotten two chars to 3x and I've stopped for now, because i'm having immense issues trying to find good multiparties to grind with. all them bots.

jooozek
Jul 28, 2012, 07:33 AM
I don't even see why so many have bothered hitting the cap so fast. I've gotten two chars to 3x and I've stopped for now, because i'm having immense issues trying to find good multiparties to grind with. all them bots.

There is an easy remedy for that, join blocks 11-15.

Dammy
Jul 28, 2012, 07:50 AM
yeah, take a break for a week or so, watch olympics or have fun with friends and then play again in new area
thats what i do, i have played for about 3 hours total in past 4-5 days
waiting for august 8

jooozek
Jul 28, 2012, 07:56 AM
Well, on 1st august we are getting a new Emergency Mission (i.e. a mission that will be available at random times) in which we will get the forest version of the Snow Banther/Banshee and once you slay them once they will start appearing as a Code in forest missions plus we are getting at the same day the Summer Rappies which will drop the Space Tuna sword.

Agitated_AT
Jul 28, 2012, 08:22 AM

So you're wondering why people want to hit the cap so fast, and at the same time you wanna join mindless grindfests.

Right...

Ana-Chan
Jul 28, 2012, 08:27 AM
There is an easy remedy for that, join blocks 11-15.

Or 17-20. Those are the party play recommended blocks. So it is a toss up between the people who are 31-40 and playing solo, or the people who are guaranteed to be playing in parties but not getting the levels you want.

Anyway, with how full the 31-40 blocks are, and how many level 40 characters are running around there, it seems like the Japanese players aren't letting little things like running out of things to do stop them. I think this is one of the biggest reasons why PSOBB JP went on for so much longer, and how PSU JP went on for so much longer.

pikachief
Jul 28, 2012, 09:13 AM
take a break.

this game is basically half a game, until at least new weapons come out. then imo it'll be 80% a game. after the final "huge boss" that's gonna come out, it'll be a complete game.

that'll be next year though.

i'm more curious about what their plans will be AFTER they've finished all the "pso2 roadmap" updates.

they'll probably make another roadmap for the updates next year (or at least the 1st half of next year)

I'm really hoping there are small updates inbetween the road map listed updates, because after August 8th it looks like we'll be getting an update every month or 2 lol