PDA

View Full Version : F**KING SEGA

Subject Delta
Jul 28, 2012, 10:51 AM
Kill off all of PSU and the only thing left is single player. Fuck SEGA and there is no chance of a private server unless some people decide to actually make one which is highly unlikely. Fuck PSO2 that game is shit, boring as fuck. I guess this is the end of the Phantasy Star for me, o well.......

Sinue_v2
Jul 28, 2012, 11:10 AM
Just get PSP2i.

Retehi
Jul 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
wuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anon_Fire
Jul 28, 2012, 03:48 PM
Here's a solution:

Buy a PSP and download PSP2:Infinity from PSN or buy it from Play-Asia!

Mute City
Jul 28, 2012, 03:57 PM
stop playing bad games

SpikeOtacon
Jul 28, 2012, 03:58 PM
On the flip side of things, many people felt PSU was boring and feel PSU was a complete and total waste of time. Different strokes for different folks! Just get PSP2 which is the best version of the PSU experience and live on.

EvilMag
Jul 28, 2012, 07:39 PM
On the flip side of things, many people felt PSU was boring and feel PSU was a complete and total waste of time. Different strokes for different folks! Just get PSP2 which is the best version of the PSU experience and live on.

Unlike PSP2/I, PSU got updates. PSP2/I doesn't.

Sinue_v2
Jul 28, 2012, 08:19 PM

PSU didn't get updates. PSU got periodic "unlocks" of content that was already on the disk/in the expansion. Plus you had to pay for the time you spent waiting for them to get around to unlocking content you already paid for... or just quit the game until they allowed you to progress again. PSP2i has all the content accessible and available from the time you first boot it up. If you want the "unlock experience", then just level up to 20 and stop playing for a few weeks. Then level up to 40 and stop playing for a few weeks. Then level up to 60.... ect, ect, etc. Split up the missions you allow yourself to do on roughly the same schedule. If you want the full PSU experience, every month - take $10 out of your wallet and burn it.

PSP2i does have a cash-shop for downloading new content, and unlike PSU's cash-shop, you won't lose the money invested when the game servers go down.

EvilMag
Jul 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
PSU didn't get updates. PSU got periodic "unlocks" of content that was already on the disk/in the expansion. Plus you had to pay for the time you spent waiting for them to get around to unlocking content you already paid for... or just quit the game until they allowed you to progress again. PSP2i has all the content accessible and available from the time you first boot it up. If you want the "unlock experience", then just level up to 20 and stop playing for a few weeks. Then level up to 40 and stop playing for a few weeks. Then level up to 60.... ect, ect, etc. Split up the missions you allow yourself to do on roughly the same schedule. If you want the full PSU experience, every month - take $10 out of your wallet and burn it.

PSP2i does have a cash-shop for downloading new content, and unlike PSU's cash-shop, you won't lose the money invested when the game servers go down.

Explain the events and the GBR boosts? Only events PSP2 and Infinity got were MAX and MAI. At least the supplemental updates were free.

Sinue_v2
Jul 28, 2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah, but it still had events and GBR, most of which you can still access - even in offline ad-hoc. Between that and the periodic new infinity mission code downloads (not to mention the ability to synthesize entirely new missions), lacking events is a pretty minor gripe. Want the event experience? Just run the Magashi Plan and Gurhal Heroes like a million fucking times, with intermittent White Beast runs.

If the lack of events is a deal-breaker, considering PSP2i is like 95% of everything in PSU, plus a desperately needed gameplay overhaul and a bunch of new shit, then just fuck off and do without. Seriously.

But I know you're just trolling, so it's ok.

EvilMag
Jul 28, 2012, 09:48 PM
lol trolling.

ashley50
Jul 29, 2012, 01:38 AM
Cool, see you next game.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 29, 2012, 03:12 AM
I thought they closed the servers for PSU because no one was fucking playing it.

Or rather, they were paying for a chatroom with a monster killing minigame.

EvilMag
Jul 29, 2012, 05:01 AM
They closed the JP PSP2 servers. PSP2i is still up.

xBladeM6x
Jul 29, 2012, 06:01 AM
Actually there is someone making a private server. Or they were. Either way, I'm sure once PSU is killed, some unfortunate soul will be impatient and insane enough to make a private server like the PSOBB one.

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2012, 11:03 AM
Sega just wants to focus on POS2.

You're mad 'bout it.

Sayara
Jul 29, 2012, 12:59 PM

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ? (http://bumped.org/psublog/category/dlc-mission/)

watashiwa
Jul 29, 2012, 01:02 PM
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ? (http://bumped.org/psublog/category/dlc-mission/)

I believe he's talking about the USA versions of the game. Most people in the US, including myself, don't bother with the Japanese version or it's DLC.

blace
Jul 29, 2012, 01:40 PM
He played PSP2i at one point, but the lack of content update for the portable series has died down months ago, in preparation for PSO2. If anything, PSP2i may have its server shut down in favor PSO2.

Mike
Jul 29, 2012, 09:53 PM
If anything, PSP2i may have its server shut down in favor PSO2.
It'd be a sure way to get people on to PSO2. It may even be why we don't have any of the Portables on the Vita too.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 29, 2012, 10:11 PM
DELAY ANARCHY REIGNS 6 MONTHS OR MORE
JET SET SHENMUE HD WHEN?!!

YAKUZA 5 2014 OR NEVER

Who cares about Ethan.

Ranmaru
Jul 29, 2012, 10:12 PM
I disagree.

/thread

Like Spike said, live on. Hope for a private server, and play to your heart's content if possible. If not, do the next best thing. Whatever that is to you.

Sidenote: Alot of people whine about sega fucking up PSU, and fear they may do the same with PSO2. Isn't putting all their focus on PSO2 essentially trying to make sure they don't fuck up? So isn't whining about PSU being shut down counter-productive?

For you, maybe not because you apparently don't like PSO2. *shrugs*