PDA

View Full Version : S-rank time limit tips

KanaHanazawaLover
Jul 28, 2012, 04:55 PM
Ok i will confess i am terrible at meeting the time limit to advance through the S-rank time limit Client Orders.
i wasnt able to complete the two S-Rank missions in time until i was lv. 10 or so.
(the two that unlocked the free forest with the rockbear at the end)
is that normal?

i guess there are really two things i would like to know...

1. around what level are people unlocking the different areas?

2. does anyone have any tips?
(tips for all classes are great but tips for forces would be very much appreciated)

i dont mind if this thread is just used for general tips just if you could say if it aimed at time or just genera thanks

as this is my first thread here i hope this isnt a duplicate thread

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
Only attack Mobs that you encounter, if you don't have time avoid doing extra emergency Codes.

JayD-X
Jul 28, 2012, 05:03 PM
You have to kill a certain amount of mobs which you probably already know. Try not to rush but at the same time don't try to kill everything.

Leave a significant amount of time for the boss.

Join a team to go with you to help you. Bots suck lol.

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 28, 2012, 05:05 PM
You have to kill a certain amount of mobs which you probably already know. Try not to rush but at the same time don't try to kill everything.

Join a team to go with you help you. Bots suck lol.

In some circumstances i would suggest Bots over your Human Counterparts solely because they spawn more then one Boss or Emergency Code Attack Bosses which in terms causes you to loose more time ;)

UnLucky
Jul 28, 2012, 05:10 PM
Get a full party (bots or otherwise)

Kill lots

Don't waste time

Don't die

Mag-X
Jul 28, 2012, 05:11 PM
The timed missions are a giant pain in the ass. They are partly luck based. Sometimes you'll get them really easy. Sometimes you'll get screwed over by a bad map layout or a code collect that forces you to run half way back to where you started from.

In some circumstances i would suggest Bots over your Human Counterparts solely because they spawn more then one Boss or Emergency Code Attack Bosses which in terms causes you to loose more time ;)

If only the party leader goes in first, only one boss spawns.

KanaHanazawaLover
Jul 28, 2012, 05:16 PM

i went around and tested how long it takes me to fight the boss...
it takes about 4-5 min for me to wipe out the rockbear by myself so i factor that into everything as i run through

as for the human vs bot thing going around...
as i am on ship 9 (most others were full when i made my character) i tend to go in with bots.

Vyscillius
Jul 28, 2012, 05:25 PM
My advice for you is : plan everything in advance.

But first, let me assure you that the first 10minutes mission when you have to rack 100points worth of Darkers is a huge pain in the ass and luck based. If you're lucky, you'll ran into Breadas which will lay eggs and make things a lot easier, if you aren't lucky, you won't encounter any large groups of Darkers....

As for planning everything in advance, that's how I see it :
-5 to 10minutes for the boss (depending on who is the boss : Rockbear/Katerdan/Vol Dragon) if there is no boss then it's even better
-2 to 5minutes (max) for area1 where I try to kill as much monster as possible since monsters are weaker in area1
-4 to 7 minutes for area2 when I try to kill every monsters that are in my way and only in my way. If I feel that I'll be late and won't make it, I rush it to the end

One thing to always take into account : in Cave, they can give you an emergency code collect which is a pain is the a**. But the worst of the worst, you can take a wrong turn at any moment thinking "I'm sure it's this way, it leads to the top" when the exit was right next to the beginning, leading to a huge time loss. SO always be large on your timing plan, give yourself 2 to 3minutes to run from a point to another in the map.

That's all I have to say, good luck then.

EDIT : the time can be longer depending on the mission but that's how I usually do it, even for missions recquiring 22minutes.

elken1996
Jul 28, 2012, 07:55 PM
-Get a multiparty friend to increase spawn rate if it is needed.
*U guys still can party up/merged in the same map
-Party up to kill the boss but only let the leader enter ALONE first.Because boss spawn number increase by 1,2,2,3 for 1,2,3,4 player respectively enter at the same time.Therefore if for boss like transmizer,chathedran,rock bear or banshee if u let the leader enter alone first it will only spawn 1 boss which is way easier to kill 1 instead of 3.For banshee it if 4 player enter at the same time the second tiger will spawn/jump down faster.
*Not sure that 4 player that enter at the same time will increase the hp/atk/def of the boss like vol dragon.
-Get a friend who alrdy clear the quest make an open way to the last area while the people who wan to get S rank just keep killing,cause walking to a dead end is a waste of time.
-If u get a E.Code like collect/elimination that block your way in cave,means that u are walking the right way.

Sry my grammer sucks and i don't think i spelled the boss's name correctly :C

Polly
Jul 28, 2012, 08:12 PM
The timed missions are a giant pain in the ass. They are partly luck based. Sometimes you'll get them really easy. Sometimes you'll get screwed over by a bad map layout or a code collect that forces you to run half way back to where you started from.

I was helping a friend do some unlock stuff earlier...

FOUR.
FUCKING.
CODE.
COLLECTS.
IN.
A.
GOD.
DAMN.
ROW.

All less than a minute apart apiece, I shit you not. I was absolutely flabbergasted having never seen anything like that before. It's like the game was TRYING to make sure he wouldn't get the unlock.

But really, the best luck I've had with timed missions is to get a group together of actual people so that on bigger maps you can split up a bit and try to locate exits sooner.

Also, when timed missions are boss-oriented, just let the leader go in ahead of everyone else. It's a real time saver.

Ken_the_turtle
Jul 28, 2012, 08:36 PM
Usually you can kill enough in the final area to get an S rank, so for the main part can ignore the first area, sometimes the second.

If you are running short on time, go and spawn as many enemies as you can in the last area, and then if it's a code mission (one that finishes with emergency code) start the code, then finish the mission, if you complete the quest the timer will stop. However any mob that did not spawn during the code, and that you didn't get a few rooms distance between, should remain after the code. Kill anything that is left alive now that the timer has stopped, to bring your rank up to S.

I cannot confirm 100% that that is accurate but it ALWAYS seems to work for me.

Daiyousei
Jul 28, 2012, 10:53 PM
I was helping a friend do some unlock stuff earlier...

FOUR.
FUCKING.
CODE.
COLLECTS.
IN.
A.
GOD.
DAMN.
ROW.

All less than a minute apart apiece, I shit you not. I was absolutely flabbergasted having never seen anything like that before. It's like the game was TRYING to make sure he wouldn't get the unlock.

But really, the best luck I've had with timed missions is to get a group together of actual people so that on bigger maps you can split up a bit and try to locate exits sooner.

Also, when timed missions are boss-oriented, just let the leader go in ahead of everyone else. It's a real time saver.

Hey the game does that to me all the time, when I actually try to get any time limits done, spawns a bunch of crap and codes. But when I run through normally, like when I go rare hunting, it barely spawns anything unless I bring a full bot party or some friends or multiparties.

Worst was when I was trying to S-rank Vol Dragon in 20 minutes. The very first area, I run into a random Vol when I was the only one in the area, now I was rushing a bit to save some time and so I brought quite a number of mobs to harass me. After beating the random Vol, CHANGEOVER CODE DUEL, with another Vol, 8 deaths later....

The whole time I was the only one in the area, no other parties and I was a party of me, myself, and I.

Now you were saying avoid emergency codes, well code duel is one you shouldn't avoid should you trigger it, the boss is significant enough of an enemy to drop your rank, no matter how many other mobs you killed.

As for desert and forest where there are no walls that block my path, the game will spawn a disproportionate amount of mobs and codes to delay me, most especially they spawn stuff that are not mere small fries so I couldn't just ignore them to risk the S-rank. During the code collect part of desert, I once had two concurrent code attacks running at the same time, all because the game decided not to trigger the collect until I have ran the whole area and back to near the beginning.

I do plan ahead, I just didn't plan for random events screwing me over, sure I enjoy the concept of random events and areas, it just can be a pain when it comes to clearing within a time limit.

ashley50
Jul 28, 2012, 11:34 PM
Kill enemies that get in your way, fast. (using weapons that suits the situation).

That's all I do and it never fails.

KanaHanazawaLover
Jul 29, 2012, 05:12 PM
thanks for all the tips was able to S-rank it with a minuet to spare on the first try!!!
thanks again for all the tips

just if anyone wants to know this is what i did

[SPOILER-BOX]
3 bots Echo, Afin, and Maloo ( i dont know why but jean always dies so i take him often)

area1 0:00~2:00
had an e.Attack pop up so did that

area2 2:00~9:30
just killed things for about half of that then ran to find exit
had another e.Attack pop up did that
had an e.Duel pop up with the big bug thing. attacked it a bit killed some of the little spiders but saw i was near the 9 min mark and just ran since the area 3 exit was thare
( sorry cant remember the name the boss thing from the city)

area3 9:30~13:50~ish
got luck was just a regular rockbear and not an infected one

[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rowe
Jul 29, 2012, 05:17 PM
Just so you know, you're going to have to do a LOT of missions like this in the future, so getting some (higher-level) friends that can come along and help you out for some of the tougher runs is great. I happen to have a team on Ship 9 and we always help each other with particularly annoying Client Orders. Some of them make you S-rank missions within a time limit, in hard mode, with a one-star gunslash. Yeah. Good luck doing that on your own.

Anyway, if you want I can look you up and add you in later tonight.

Husq
Jul 29, 2012, 05:36 PM
Some of them make you S-rank missions within a time limit, in hard mode, with a one-star gunslash. Yeah. Good luck doing that on your own.

That isn't too bad, but clearing the free tundra mission S-rank in 20min, that is a pain. For that mission I highly recommend getting some human players on board.

Vyscillius
Jul 29, 2012, 05:45 PM
Some of them make you S-rank missions within a time limit, in hard mode, with a one-star gunslash. Yeah. Good luck doing that on your own.

Depends on your class, but as a hunter, I found it really easy. The hardest part for me was to actually find the 1*gunslash to do the CO. Plus, the quest in hard mode is one of the first Forest Quest, really, nothing special...

KanaHanazawaLover
Jul 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
Anyway, if you want I can look you up and add you in later tonight.

that would be a major help thanks! ill shoot you a pm on here.
yeah i have been looking around and saw the list of CO that want the time limit
( ._.) anyway thanks