PDA

View Full Version : Future Ranger Weapons from Rifle PAs?

NoGoBoard
Jul 29, 2012, 06:22 PM
The rifle is a jack of all trades weapon, usable in any situation but not really excelling in any of them. The rifle takes it's PAs from other weapon types that we've seen in past games and in real life, could it be possible to glean from the rifle PAs what future weapons Rangers could get? We already have the launcher, which is similar to the grenade launcher PA, and we know that we're getting twin mechguns, which are similar to the rapid fire PA. Ergo...

Grenade Launcher PA = Launcher
Rapid Fire PA = Mechguns
Shotgun PA = Shotgun

I know there's still the three other PAs: Piercing Shot, Multi-Missile and Sneak Shot, maybe those could be future weapon hints as well?

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 29, 2012, 06:24 PM
ya there was a thread a while ago talking about that.

i'd definitely dig a ranger weapon where every regular attack was like homing emission, or diffuse shot (the shotgun pa i think)

Rowe
Jul 29, 2012, 06:26 PM
It would be really cool to have a Homing Emission weapon type. I'd also like to have some kind of linear laser cannon, like how the Photon Launcher worked in PSO. There's that piercing sniper-shot PA with rifle, so even this'd be covered.

jooozek
Jul 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
How does homing emission work anyway? I've tried marking shit with in TPS mode and would you believe it never ever did a single shot hit the target.

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
I eagerly await a proper shotgun.

Preferably one with a "Holy Crap! It shoots rockets!" PA.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 29, 2012, 06:35 PM

oh boy did i lol

you know what i think would be good? shotgun with shotgun pa called diffuse ROCKET. it shoots a shotgun blast of multiple rockets. so it's like every pellet is now no longer a pellet, and instead a miniature rocket. since it'd be so strong it should effectively take 300 PP and put you into "PP debt," where you can no longer use any photon art attacks until you recover however much pp you need to be back at say, 50/100 lolool

@joozek, you need a good amount of distance for homing emission to work. you can point blank with it but it'll only hit whatever is targeted. ex:

if you lock on 5 times, once on 5 different monsters, if you try to point blank one monster, it'll only get hit once.

however, if you lock on to a big monster 5 times, and point blank on a weakspot...
*don't get too close, or else it won't work. but you can't be far away, you still have to be pretty close. but for some reason being like super super close like 1mm away close doesn't work very well.

Macman
Jul 29, 2012, 06:37 PM

I like Borderlands too. :-P

Anyway I can see piercing shot leading to another laser-cannon type weapon.

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2012, 06:45 PM
I would be in absolute heaven if they added a shotgun with a PA for every shotgun subtype or variant in borderlands.

You could do a low PP cost and damage but high accuracy PA (The 9 shell, very accurate shotguns, they were usually yellow)
You could do a double rocket, lots of buck PA (Standard Carnage holy-crap-it-shoots-rockets)
You could do a very short duration, wide spread, high pellet count, high PP cost PA (the Matador ones with bonuses to fire a free extra 2 shells, which was really just a simplified double bonus for damage and pellet count)
And don't even get me started on Sledge's shotgun or the boomstick that rapidfires 6 rockets, or T.K.'s wave - which while useless in borderlands, would be amazing in PSO2.

This would be my dream weapon. I'd never touch hunter again.

Also, wtb: 300 round magazine assault rifle, ohmigod

Aumi
Jul 29, 2012, 06:46 PM
Well, for sneak shot, it could be a rifle like the ones in PSO and PSU. Single shot, long range.

As for you theory of mech guns being (almost) full automatic... I kind of don't hope so. I cannot quite imagine every shot being that long...

Rowe
Jul 29, 2012, 06:50 PM
I put Poison II on my rifle, and now One Point pretty much poisons everything. With Mechguns firing six shots for the rifle's three (presumably), if there are rapid-fire PAs, applying status effects to stuff is going to be ridiculous.

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2012, 06:53 PM
Not if they nerf the application rate based on the number of attacks per single click, like in PSO1. Which I'd be alright with, since it would still tend towards the true average and be less prone to massive strings of failures.

Daiyousei
Jul 29, 2012, 07:21 PM
How does homing emission work anyway? I've tried marking shit with in TPS mode and would you believe it never ever did a single shot hit the target.

For me it works best if I shoot high and farther away after marking the targets, otherwise you can go up close, especially up to a bosses weak point, and all those shots will stack onto the weak point, dealing even more damage than shotgun PA, and probably all others, especially with its high crit rate.

They take a while to start homing after shooting, and they don't quite home too well either.

Hrith
Jul 29, 2012, 11:09 PM
tl;dr: it's crap with crap DPS.

skuld01
Jul 30, 2012, 04:47 AM
I totally hope a twin mechgun PA that makes you spin and AOE all mobs around you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG2_N418-lw&feature=player_detailpage#t=32s

new PA for rifle? how about a bayonet stab + lift up + shotgun in the stabpoint?
Wait...that should go for gunslash...

Uncle_bob
Jul 30, 2012, 06:20 AM
If they don't add shotguns to this game I'm going to be devastated. ;_;

Please come back, Yasminkov 7000V.

NoGoBoard
Jul 30, 2012, 03:56 PM
Upon more thinking, some ideas for weapons from the Rifle PAs.

Piercing Shot = Laser Cannon (though this one was already mentioned)
Sneak Snipe = Photon Bow
Homing Emission = Cluster Launcher

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
Sneak Snipe = Photon Bow
Homing Emission = Cluster Launcher

Well, the bow I can kinda see

But what is cluster launcher

kdrakari
Jul 30, 2012, 05:39 PM
I'd rather see Homing Emission = Bow and Sneak Snipe be a real rifle like PSO1.

SaiKo
Jul 30, 2012, 06:18 PM
Aye. Give me a real single-shot/sniper-esque rifle before anything else please.

And the only thing working against laser cannons/shotguns I can see ATM is that they decided to make the Photon Launcher and Spread Legacy into (Grenade) Launcher types. I suppose that's not a big deal, but if they are already planning to add those types in the future, you'd think they'd have held off on reusing those weapons.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:20 PM
Well, the bow I can kinda see

But what is cluster launcher

Well it sounds like something with homing rockets, but it also sounds like PSO1's shot. That thing aimbotted like mad - if it was 180 degrees in front of you, it got hit.

NoGoBoard
Jul 30, 2012, 07:06 PM
Aye. Give me a real single-shot/sniper-esque rifle before anything else please.

And the only thing working against laser cannons/shotguns I can see ATM is that they decided to make the Photon Launcher and Spread Legacy into (Grenade) Launcher types. I suppose that's not a big deal, but if they are already planning to add those types in the future, you'd think they'd have held off on reusing those weapons.

Well, I'm pretty sure that Sniper is already a name for a basic type of AR, and there is a rare AR that I've seen that looks more like it should be a Sniper than an AR type weapon.

Was the Photon Launcher a laser cannon-like weapon before, or was it more like the old PSO rocket launchers? No idea why they changed the Spread Legacy into a Launcher.

LK1721
Jul 30, 2012, 08:12 PM
Give me twin Machine Machine guns and Gun-fu PA's.
I am also hoping for a legitimate high powered single-shot rifle like PSO's rifles.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 08:17 PM
Was the Photon Launcher a laser cannon-like weapon before, or was it more like the old PSO rocket launchers? No idea why they changed the Spread Legacy into a Launcher.

Photon Launcher made its own weapon type in PSO 1 where there were only 4 weapons that counted as Photon Launchers (different colors)

Skye-Fox713
Jul 30, 2012, 09:42 PM
Photon Launcher made its own weapon type in PSO 1 where there were only 4 weapons that counted as Photon Launchers (different colors)

Indeed though the photon launchers in PSO2 are more like the Inferno Bazooka (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=108&sortby=name) from PSO1

moorebounce
Jul 30, 2012, 09:58 PM

I'm good with just having the Diffuse Shell PA for my riffle. I love locking onto targets and spraying them with bullets then when I get in their face bust them with the diffuse shell. Theres not much you can do with a shotgun other than making it shoot like a shotgun or making it an automatic. Man if the gunslash had the diffuse shell PA thats all I'd be using.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 10:01 PM
Indeed though the launchers in PSO2 are more like the Inferno Bazooka (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=108&sortby=name) from PSO1

fixed
And yeah, that might as well be a Gripper right there

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 10:23 PM
I'm good with just having the Diffuse Shell PA for my riffle. I love locking onto targets and spraying them with bullets then when I get in their face bust them with the diffuse shell. Theres not much you can do with a shotgun other than making it shoot like a shotgun or making it an automatic. Man if the gunslash had the diffuse shell PA thats all I'd be using.

You haven't tried Borderlands, have you? I highly recommend you give it a playthrough, what a game.

They did some amazing things with shotguns, like...like...

Okay so they shoot either buck or rockets, but rockets from a shotgun shell are enough brownie points that they outdo most PA's combined in PSO2.