PDA

View Full Version : A question about Force and locking on (q)

finalmike
Jul 29, 2012, 07:43 PM
My apologies in advance for the silly questions. I'm a PSO veteran (day one DC woot!) but just started playing PSO2.

First, about locking on. Is there a way to just press Q once to stay locked on or do you HAVE to press and hold Q? It's pretty difficult to run around while locked on.

Second, am I doing something wrong with Force? I'm a HUcaseal and changed to Force to mess around. I understand that as a cast my technique abilities are not exactly amazing but this seems a little extreme. As a level 3 on the level 3 forest stage it seems to take forever to fell the mobs. 4 shots of Foie per Rappy which is 4/5 of my PP. More than one mob around? I have to run around in circles until my PP comes back. Am I doing something wrong? Force seems to be very underpowered at least starting out; I shouldn't have to run around for 5 minutes on a pack of 5 mobs.

Thanks!

jooozek
Jul 29, 2012, 07:44 PM
There is an option to switch between HOLDING or TOGGLING the button. You can find an options guide on bumped.org

GoldenFalcon
Jul 29, 2012, 07:44 PM
Always charge techs, no matter what

There is a setting in options which is toggle lock, but you somehow changed it to hold lock

finalmike
Jul 29, 2012, 07:53 PM
Thanks! That bumped.org site is great!

GoldenFalcon: I am charging my techs. I just seem to run out of PP insanely quickly and have to run around while my PP recharges and start again. It just seems to take so long compared to Hunter and Ranger.

finalmike
Jul 29, 2012, 07:59 PM
Why are you running around in circles? Hit them.

I guess I was missing something... with what? I don't seem to be able to whack them with my staff. Do I really have to switch to a Saber in order to melee?

sircusa
Jul 29, 2012, 08:00 PM
You're meant to mix melee hits inbetween techs since normal attacks regenerate pp. Aside from that, get the PP Revival skill in the fire passive tree since that lets you regenerate pp while charging spells, effectively cutting 5-10pp off the cost.

You should be able to melee with a staff so that's really odd.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 29, 2012, 08:11 PM
@finalmike: You've probably equipped a tech on the first slot on your rod. Select the first tech slot and click the button all the way at the bottom of the PA selection window that appears to free it up and get your melee attack back. Alternately, yes, you can switch to gunslash, press shift to go into gunner mode and let rip. You'll get back quite a bit of TP either way.

As for charged vs uncharged, until you start getting more SP to improve your character, you will have PP regen issues. Either head down the fire tree and get Charge PP Revival, or the Lightning tree to get Bolt PP Save. You should be able to have enough SP for either by level 15.

finalmike
Jul 29, 2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys, your info was spot on/awesome. It's much appreciated!

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 29, 2012, 08:23 PM
I guess I was missing something... with what? I don't seem to be able to whack them with my staff. Do I really have to switch to a Saber in order to melee?

You could switch to a gunslash when you're on low PP and shoot the mob a few times to regenerate PP for your techs. Unless you'd rather run up to the mob and whack it a few times.

finalmike
Jul 29, 2012, 08:26 PM
Wow, Force is a lot easier to play now that I have my melee attack equipped. Thanks again!

KanaHanazawaLover
Jul 29, 2012, 08:45 PM
here is another tip.
on one of the other weapons
(dont know what is really called but you know how you use the scroll wheel to change weapons fast)
have a talis set up so that in a pinch if you run out of pp you can change to that real quick and have a ranged attack.
i dont know if its an ability or what but the talis(Alba Talis アルバタリス) im using right restores my pp really fast when it hits.
a little heads up. it takes a fraction of a second or so before you can move after throwing the talis

UnLucky
Jul 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
I am charging my techs

Really? Cause at level one with the starting Foie, it shouldn't take more than two blasts to kill normal stuff in the forest.

Are you holding the key/button until you see a flash and hear a *ping* sound?