PDA

View Full Version : Story So far...

RocSage
Jul 30, 2012, 01:44 AM
Instead of people having to read through this page... http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198751
I thought i might be good to summarize what has been revealed and such.
So here is what is happening in condensed form. So any new theories?

edit - the info in the Chapter area is what YOU changed during your missions

Chapter 1 - Save Matoi from Mask and then sent back to meet Getemuharuto & Shina and Masked (Furie was here)
-> John says the Darker attack on Naberius was large scale for Naberius and Matoi "died"
-> Leda says that he saw Matoi but couldn't get to her
-> Shion says this (Saving Matoi) is a possible opportunity to alter the future in a big way.
-> Patty and Tia mention a "Searching Darker" (Mask)

Chapter 2 - Find a Photon Weapon, keeping it out of Mask's hands
-> Tia & Patty mention Jigu in the Lobby and that he created the first Photon Weapons
-> Jigu says he has no motivation to craft a new weapon and that there was a war 10 and 40 years ago
-> Rozio says Naberius going from Forest to Tundra is odd and that it seems information on Naberius is being hidden
-> Affin says he saw someone (Mask) in the Tundra, looking for something
-> Kroto says the darkers are seemingly being lead.
-> Tia & Patty say that the reason Amuduskia is messed up is due to an meteor impact.

Chapter 3 - Prevent Getemuharuto from killing Lilipans
-> Shion says she has no knowledge of the Photon Weapon you picked up
-> Furie says that the machines on Lilipa shouldn't be attacking natives
-> Getemuharuto, Shina, Zeno, & Echo seems to have some sort of past relationship

Chapter 4 - Cure Loga of being infected by Darkers and re-establish contact with the Dragon Clan

disabledflaw
Jul 30, 2012, 04:30 AM
how do you play story missions? is it just a bunch of client orders or is there actually a way to play it?

Wayu
Jul 30, 2012, 04:32 AM
There's already a thread about this in the walkthroughs area.

-Wayu

Ezodagrom
Jul 30, 2012, 04:45 AM
There's already a thread about this in the walkthroughs area.

-Wayu
Look at who created that topic, and look at who created this one. :>

how do you play story missions? is it just a bunch of client orders or is there actually a way to play it?
You have to complete matterboard orbs, as you complete golden orbs, you get access to story quests.
Check the matterboard section in this guide:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 04:49 AM
-> Furie says that the machines on Lilipa shouldn't be attacking natives

Shouldn't be from a moral perspective or shouldn't be due to their programming?

And has it actually been explained what's up with Lilipa? Is it one of our planets with rogue mining machinery? Did we find it this way? Are Lilipas the race that created them? Or has it not been explained?

Also, was Jig the actual inventor of photon tech or did he just revolutionize existing tech, creating a new format or somesuch?

skuld01
Jul 30, 2012, 05:02 AM
I can't tell if this is spoil for people who can't read Japanese in the game.

Or savior for those people keeps playing the game without a clue.

Or a small fix for people who yelling for the English patch.....

RocSage
Jul 30, 2012, 05:10 AM
Shouldn't be from a moral perspective or shouldn't be due to their programming?

Shouldn't be due to programming. The Machines are made ORACL/ARKS apparently.

And has it actually been explained what's up with Lilipa? Is it one of our planets with rogue mining machinery? Did we find it this way? Are Lilipas the race that created them? Or has it not been explained?

The mining stuff is ours. Lilipas haven't been talked about all that much from what I see. Apparently they are skittish, but are helpful as Furie was hurt and they helped her while she was unconscious, but then ran off when she woke up.

Also, was Jig the actual inventor of photon tech or did he just revolutionize existing tech, creating a new format or somesuch?

We don't know for sure, but it does sound like he created it.

RocSage
Jul 30, 2012, 05:15 AM
Oh also. hypothetically one could, with the info provide by that page with all those translations, create a program that overlays PSO2 program that when that picks up packets sent from the servers and then have a the English text pop up like a sub. But I don't know how to do that. I just know it is possible and probably pretty simply for many of the people who make those types of things. Funny thing, with that since all that chat is sent to your client from the servers you could technically have it so a program translates everything in the chat system and just have it overlay where the chat box is now.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 05:15 AM
Oh, interesting. I figured we'd stumbled onto a long-dead planet with ancient mining machinery, left there for millenia to continue mining and self-replicate long after the creators died off.

Actually, I think that idea is more interesting than what they put in.

And Jig creating photon tech, interesting. I wonder if that's a retcon, or if PSO1 and PSO2 aren't quite as connected as we first though.

Either way, thanks for sharing!

RocSage
Jul 30, 2012, 05:39 AM
And Jig creating photon tech, interesting. I wonder if that's a retcon, or if PSO1 and PSO2 aren't quite as connected as we first though.

Well that he created Photon Weapons is an assumption... What is said is that Jigu created the weapons that ARKS weapons are based on today... and all ARKS weaponry is Photon based so...

Also I posted this here because this is a discussion, not a guide.

I think that you are being used to "save" key people and things.
Matoi, Getemuharuto, Lilipans, Lugo, and prevent Mask from getting his hands on things.
Mask was looking for Matoi and that weapon perhaps they have something to do with each other. Getemuharuto seems angry and dangerous like he could cross the line which means maybe you're being used to turn him to the good side, after all there is no reason to go confront mask after you have matoi so it might have to do with the other in the scene.

Also the Dragon clan or the Darkers have some sort of telepathy apparently. It's not made clear which it is but something was speaking the dragon clan language into Aki's head.

Wayu
Jul 30, 2012, 05:47 AM
If anyone wants translations of anything, just send me the Japanese raw script. I'll translate it for you.

And didn't see who made the topic. ^^; Oops.

-Wayu

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 05:48 AM
Yeah, I didn't want to muck up that other thread with silly questions like this so this is definitely welcome.

What was up with killing the vol dragon, by the way? The dinians seem to be on the same side as the vol dragon, but they're all passive when you massacre one.

RocSage
Jul 30, 2012, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I didn't want to muck up that other thread with silly questions like this so this is definitely welcome.

What was up with killing the vol dragon, by the way? The dinians seem to be on the same side as the vol dragon, but they're all passive when you massacre one.

You mean the one dinian killing the Vol Dragon? Or us?

At some point there was minor communication between the dragon clan and the ARKS then something happened and they apparently were told not to support the Dragon clan. The Dragon Clan had since become hostile for unknown reasons. In Ch4pt2 Lugo, the Vol Dragon, who I assume has some sort of Telepathy or the Darker infection is causing them to be hostile. You destroy the infection in Lugo and they seem open to talking after that point.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:38 AM
Aah, I see. Yeah, that's what I meant.

RocSage
Jul 30, 2012, 02:18 PM
It seems to me, if I had to guess what Shion is having you do is...
Save the various Races
Stop Mask from completing his objectives
Possibly make Getemuharuto a nicer guy