PDA

View Full Version : Well, hackers are doing it again.

Deviruki
Jul 30, 2012, 05:52 AM
Sad really. :/
People should stop AFK'ing. Wonder when it'll stop happening.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi45.tinypic.com/16c9rnc.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 30, 2012, 05:57 AM
ppl will never learn.

sugarFO
Jul 30, 2012, 07:31 AM
It makes me paranoid to leave my comp for a few minutes cuz who knows if I will get moved! Although I dont go to B20 anymore so IDK where that pic is.

Daiyousei
Jul 30, 2012, 07:33 AM
I never AFK'ed unless I'm in a room or on a camp ship, that way they can't find me to move me.

Unaki
Jul 30, 2012, 07:35 AM
Oh boy here comes the fear mongering.

Tukky
Jul 30, 2012, 10:32 AM
run for your livesssssssss

Shakuri
Jul 30, 2012, 10:36 AM
Haha, Block 20.

Jungo Torii
Jul 30, 2012, 10:40 AM
I just wonder how long it'll take until this problem gets fixed permanently. Or if it ever will be fixed at all.

I suppose until then all you can do is afk in someone's room or in the camp ship.

blace
Jul 30, 2012, 10:48 AM
Things like this can't be helped. Whenever I join block 20 I'm usually up and about, you will never see me stand still for any longer than a minute before I'm back out on the campship doing requests.

It'll probably take a few more bans before anyone will take action, considering how Sega has not noticed any correlation between the bannings and the people reporting it.

Crysteon
Jul 30, 2012, 10:54 AM
Oh noes, they are doing it again!!! /sarcasm

Seriously, stop giving attention to this bunch of noobs for once.

It would be a nice idea for Sega to implement an afk timeout...I swear that would release some stress from server...knowing how much people afk for no apparent reason in lobbies.

EvilMag
Jul 30, 2012, 10:56 AM

It would be a nice idea for Sega to implement an afk timeout...I swear that would release some stress from server...knowing how much people afk for no apparent reason in lobbies.

Pretty much this.

blace
Jul 30, 2012, 10:58 AM
It's getting worse with the AFK now. When I had logged in earlier, I was greeted with peoples butts in my face dancing, all in one corner of the lobby.

I can't say I entirely hate what the script kiddies are doing, it does help clear out some room for breathing. I'm just surprised at how long it's taking them to notice any related incidents that has happened and how most of it is coming from Ship 2.

I'll have to agree with Crysteon and ignore them, they may or may not go away, but it'll probably end up being something entirely obscure in the end.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 30, 2012, 11:18 AM

Honestly, I'm inclined to agree with you.....

....except, innocent people were (and potentially still are) being banned in the process because of their antics. Yes, I know, people shouldn't be AFK dancing in the lobbies, etc, etc. I don't like having a giant mass of people just clumped in front of me every time I exit a mission either.

But honestly? Whether we like it or not - They have just as much right to dance in the lobby as we have a right to be annoyed with it, and none of us should have to fear for our accounts if we go AFK.

I see nothing wrong with just being alerted to their continued antics, so long as this doesn't (d)evolve into cries of doom and destruction.

In the meantime, AFK in a campship or a friend's room, try to be prompt with your shopping, and don't tarry too long in the lobby. Hopefully, hopefully Sega can come up with a permanent fix sometime soon.

Jakosifer
Jul 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
Just log the fuck off.

Kion
Jul 30, 2012, 11:29 AM
I'm still worried about the motivation for these antics.

The logs for the first set of NPC moving made it look like the hackers were protesting the separate servers. Except, protesting by hacking, just re-enforces Sega's position.

For this too, by moving people and then reporting them, is it a Japanese hacker trying to get rid of foreign players? Or it a foreign player trying to something....?

Also what have people been doing in terms of appeals? Legit players shouldn't be getting banned for being the victim of hacking.

Ana-Chan
Jul 30, 2012, 11:29 AM
....except, innocent people were (and potentially still are) being banned in the process because of their antics.

This requires the assumption that SEGA failed to do their jobs and failed to follow up on any potential wrongful bannings. It also requires the assumption that they didn't have a means to double check when people were getting moved, where the request to move them from and SEGA don't have a formal investigation policy. But there is no proof on any of this.
On the other hand there is no proof to the contrary. So until someone comes up with hard evidence, people should stop making this point, since it really just sparks flame wars and trolls and lots of insults.

I'm still worried about the motivation for these antics.

The logs for the first set of NPC moving made it look like the hackers were protesting the separate servers. Except, protesting by hacking, just re-enforces Sega's position.

For this too, by moving people and then reporting them, is it a Japanese hacker trying to get rid of foreign players? Or it a foreign player trying to something....?

Also what have people been doing in terms of appeals? Legit players shouldn't be getting banned for being the victim of hacking.

Again, see above.

Galax
Jul 30, 2012, 11:35 AM
I'd be for the afk timeout if I, personally, don't have the reasonable cause of AFKness that is me having to help out around the house, and the other reasonable cause that I have to help take care of my about-4-weeks-old nephew. I know other people have life interrupt, because I know a few of them. Some of us have to move fast and we don't have the time to move to camp ship. However, I have thus far only read this happening in block 20. Is it even happening elsewhere is something I'd like to know - because if it's happening less or not at all elsewhere, all you need to do is tell your friends "Hey I'm not going to main block 20 anymore" and if they're good friends they won't mind moving to another block to do missions with you. It's not like you're suggesting they do something outrageous to do runs with you.

Other than that, the other suggestions have already been said. I will reiterate not giving the hackers attention, because, while we can't say with certainty that's what they want, it seems likely.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 30, 2012, 11:35 AM
So until someone comes up with hard evidence, people should stop making this point, since it really just sparks flame wars and trolls and lots of insults.

I know, it's a tired point, but, well...that's how I honestly feel on the matter.

recursive
Jul 30, 2012, 11:44 AM
Oh that's me outside the window. Luckily I haven't been banned.... yet.

Normally never AFK in 20, just laid down for a second in bed while waiting for a slot in an MPA to open up and fell asleep o_o

Alnet
Jul 30, 2012, 12:06 PM
If it were me, I would request that that photo be taken down, since we know it could lead to someone's ban.

And yeah, fewer topics and flame fanning and all that.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2012, 12:06 PM
Just log the fuck off.

This. I mean, really, how hard is it?

Mystil
Jul 30, 2012, 12:21 PM
The movement can be stopped it if they remove player-to-player collision..

futamieriko
Jul 30, 2012, 12:23 PM

Very, apparently. If anyone is still getting banned for this, you can split the blame with the hacker right down the middle.

Kion
Jul 30, 2012, 12:41 PM
Just log the fuck off.

AFK'ing does have some advantages. My JP friend leaves his client open (while dancing for effect of course). And does other school stuff, alt-tabbing back on occasion to feed his mag. You can also monitor and just run city missions for easy loot/levels this way.

Darnell0216
Jul 30, 2012, 01:01 PM
There's even more people out there now. And someone is making huge chat bubbles that DC people.

Mystil
Jul 30, 2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah I saw that and shrugged and left the block.

ShinMaruku
Jul 30, 2012, 01:08 PM
Never doubt human stupidity

Finalzone
Jul 30, 2012, 01:29 PM
Sad really. :/
People should stop AFK'ing. Wonder when it'll stop happening.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi45.tinypic.com/16c9rnc.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Submit a report to Sega of Japan (http://pso2.jp/players/support/). If you do not know how write kana, ask for help from an translator.

Titan
Jul 30, 2012, 01:35 PM
In Mario Kart 64, if you went off track, Lakitu came and picked you up and set you back on track. Sega needs their version of Lakitu.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 01:40 PM
All they need to do is remove the ability to push other players, and let people stand inside of each other

Kazzi
Jul 30, 2012, 01:59 PM
AFK'ing does have some advantages. My JP friend leaves his client open (while dancing for effect of course). And does other school stuff, alt-tabbing back on occasion to feed his mag. You can also monitor and just run city missions for easy loot/levels this way.

Then go sit in a room or a passworded camp ship. It's not hard, and there have been tons of warnings about the bannings.

Lostbob117
Jul 30, 2012, 04:10 PM

You're using the word noob incorrectly so don't say it. Also Oh no, another one of these threads really like we care that they're doing it just avoid block 20.

Dan Maku
Jul 30, 2012, 04:13 PM
Yes, Block 20, hive of scum and villainy, avoid like the plague, and all that jazz...

Deviruki
Jul 30, 2012, 04:19 PM
Oh, so this is only happening on 20? /clueless.

In that case I'll just play somewhere else, lmao.

KEV1N
Jul 30, 2012, 04:20 PM
They can now disconnect you from the server as well.

Macman
Jul 30, 2012, 04:21 PM
It happens most on 20 because that's where more English players are, and hence that makes it a bigger target for assholes who want to cause trouble.

Angelo
Jul 30, 2012, 04:24 PM
The last thing I want to do is advocate people who break the exploit the game... however...

I almost feel there is a kind of justice in this; it's incredibly annoying to have people AFKing in the lobby, especially in popular blocks when people want to get to their friends and they can't because the block the is full.

Still, even if I dislike AFKers, I dislike hackers just a little more.

Crysteon
Jul 30, 2012, 04:28 PM
You're using the word noob incorrectly so don't say it.

Who are you, Amaury 2.0? I have the right to give my opinion about anything I feel like it, so dont dare to tell me I can't do it, okay?

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 04:32 PM

This is all I ask for. A 45 minute disconnect timer. It's enough that mag food bars totally clear out, so if that was your sole reason for idling that's not disrupted at all.

Ueno54
Jul 30, 2012, 04:39 PM
I AFK in the ready room so I can't be moved.

KEV1N
Jul 30, 2012, 04:42 PM
This is all I ask for. A 45 minute disconnect timer. It's enough that mag food bars totally clear out, so if that was your sole reason for idling that's not disrupted at all.

This is a good idea.

Mikura
Jul 30, 2012, 04:43 PM
Hackers or not, I still don't understand why these people insist they afk in Block 20 all the time and take up valuable space when there's other people trying to get into B-20 so they can actually play the damn game with the english community.

I understand being idle so you can feed your mag, but to do it in such a piss-poor place is inexcusable. I don't condone the hackers for what they're doing, but at the same time, if more people would stop being jackasses and be considerate when and where they afk, maybe we wouldn't have so many of these cases to begin with.

.Jack
Jul 30, 2012, 04:44 PM
Is it still a problem if you AFK in the shopping area as well?

KEV1N
Jul 30, 2012, 04:52 PM
Is it still a problem if you AFK in the shopping area as well?

I've heard of players being teleported to and from the shopping area So I don't think it would be a good idea.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 30, 2012, 04:53 PM
well at least they got rid of all the ugly lobby dancers >_>

彩音~
Jul 30, 2012, 05:35 PM
Japanese players are being moved outside of the window as well.

Gama
Jul 30, 2012, 05:37 PM
so its afecting everyone, anyone is a target, afk if you really have to in a safe place

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 05:44 PM
Being put outside the window is not getting anyone banned.

That is all.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2012, 05:47 PM

That is all.

Sure, right. I forgot, anyone who got banned, such as OMEGA, clearly was doing something completely obscene and terrible to deserve it, and is obviously hiding the truth.

Mystil
Jul 30, 2012, 05:47 PM
Then something is.

Deviruki
Jul 30, 2012, 05:48 PM
Well...This topic definitely blew up.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2012, 05:49 PM
Well...This topic definitely blew up.

Just wait, it's gonna get a whole lot worse.

Deviruki
Jul 30, 2012, 05:52 PM
Just wait, it's gonna get a whole lot worse.

I figured I'd just post it in case anyone didn't know what was happening, so they'd know not to AFK for so long.

Eh, hopefully it won't get worse.

Dan Maku
Jul 30, 2012, 05:54 PM

That is all.

proof or gtfo

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 05:57 PM
Sure, right. I forgot, anyone who got banned, such as OMEGA, clearly was doing something completely obscene and terrible to deserve it, and is obviously hiding the truth.Caught using an illegal address to purchase PSO2 currency. Infinitely more sensible than this nonsense people keep spreading.

Just because you haven't been caught yet doesn't mean others haven't or you may not get caught sooner or later.

Then something is.No duh. They're breaking the rules in some way.

proof or gtfoThe proof is they got banned.

Mystil
Jul 30, 2012, 05:59 PM
Now I'm annoyed. This person seriously needs to shut up.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2012, 05:59 PM
Caught using an illegal address to purchase PSO2 currency. Infinitely more sensible than this nonsense people keep spreading.

Not really. I, myself, was once randomly moved from the quest counter to the 2nd floor item shop lobby just standing around, talking with my friends. So, it can obviously happen.

But hey, please, remind us why everyone around here thinks you're a blathering turd.

Dan Maku
Jul 30, 2012, 06:04 PM
The proof is they got banned.

You have no proof that the window hacking is not resulting in bans. You have no proof at all. Quit trolling.

gigawuts
How to egg a troll on: Tell him to stop trolling

How to actually stop a troll: You don't stop him you just stop reading his posts

Zipzo
You have no proof that the window hacking is not resulting in bans. You have no proof at all. Quit trolling.It's not hacking. I'm not trolling. You're just gullible. The "hackers" love it.

Ana-Chan
Jul 30, 2012, 06:07 PM
Sure, right. I forgot, anyone who got banned, such as OMEGA, clearly was doing something completely obscene and terrible to deserve it, and is obviously hiding the truth.

Well, if after this length of time SEGA are banning the people put outside of the windows without verifying, then they are failing a lot more than usual. Also, the people who have been banned have no idea why, so it is wild speculation. There is no proof either way.
In this kind of situation, any company with any kind of worth will follow three simple rules. First, have an investigation policy right from the start, this sets out the steps to follow when any kind of TOS violations are reported or otherwise detected. Second, since you are in control of the server, then log everything. There is no technical reason why they can't take information from the server, such as events and source IP addresses and write it to a file, this will give them undisputable proof for the next rule. Third, take what is submitted with a pinch of salt, screenshots can be altered, logs can be altered and context lost. With what is stored on the game servers themselves, they could have all kinds of irrefutable evidence. So if someone is moving players, taking screenshots and reporting them, especially with a known vulnerability where malicious users can move players, and that is enough to get people banned, then it makes you wonder if SEGA should be running games like this.
Anyway after it did come to light that people were getting moved, it would have been a massive failure for SEGA not to revisit past bannings (assuming that they did get banned for that in the first place).
So while I would never state it with any certainty like Zipzo, I also feel that between one person making one mistake (even unknowingly) and lots of people making lots of mistakes in a fairly unrealistic situation given all of the hacking in previous PS games, I would be more inclined to believe the former. But I would like to re-emphasise the point, there is no proof that anyone has been banned because they were moved.

Dan Maku
Jul 30, 2012, 06:09 PM
I'm not trolling.

Yes, you are. You continue to speak out your ass when it's obvious you have nothing of value to say, and you are completely and utterly delusional if you really believe otherwise.

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
Yes, you are. You continue to speak out your ass when it's obvious you have nothing of value to say, and you are completely and utterly delusional if you really believe otherwise.No. I speak my opinion. Sorry you can't handle that.

Dan Maku
Jul 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
No. I speak my opinion.

And as it so happens, your opinion is wrong.

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 06:13 PM
And as it so happens, your opinion is wrong.Proof..or gtfo?

I don't get why you believe your theories have more merit than mine, when mine seems infinitely more plausible.

moorebounce
Jul 30, 2012, 06:13 PM
I know block 20 isn't the only block being effected by this and with that said. After all the warnings I have no sympathy for anyone who goes to any block and AFKs and get their character moved and Sega bans them. Really how hard is it to goto a camp ship or use your room if you can?

Dan Maku
Jul 30, 2012, 06:15 PM
Proof..or gtfo?

The fact that everyone and their grandmother has put more stock in the theory that hackers are getting players banned and have successfully purchased AC without being banned than your "opinion" that purchasing AC outside of Japan is somehow illegal.

Proof.

gtfo, troll

Shakuri
Jul 30, 2012, 06:17 PM
I know block 20 isn't the only block being effected by this and with that said. After all the warnings I have no sympathy for anyone who goes to any block and AFKs and get their character moved and Sega bans them. Really how hard is it to goto a camp ship or use your room if you can?

And if you can't do any of this...

Just log the fuck off.

Ana-Chan
Jul 30, 2012, 06:18 PM
The fact that everyone and their grandmother has put more stock in the theory that hackers are getting players banned and have successfully purchased AC without being banned than your "opinion" that purchasing AC outside of Japan is somehow illegal.

Proof.

gtfo, troll

Of course that is amusing, putting stock in an assumption that SEGA massively fail at basic logging when compared to the TOS specificly stopping people from buying AC outside of Japan.

Dan Maku
Jul 30, 2012, 06:19 PM
Of course that is amusing, putting stock in an assumption that SEGA massively fail at basic logging when compared to the TOS specificly stopping people from buying AC outside of Japan.

If what everyone is saying about PSU is true, it wouldn't be the first time.

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 06:23 PM

Proof.

gtfo, troll
Why should it be surprising at all that humans are more inclined to be lemmings than to have an more logical opinion concocted of their own intelligence?

Look at politics?

Look at...everything?

It's a fad, like when everyone thought zoot suits were cool.

A bunch of people having stock in it doesn't make it true. It just makes it an easy bandwagon to jump on.

Ana-Chan
Jul 30, 2012, 06:29 PM
If what everyone is saying about PSU is true, it wouldn't be the first time.

Yes, but it is still an assumption. Just because they did it before doesn't automatically mean they will do it again just as much as it doesn't mean that they will not do it again.
The reasons why people were banned is a moot point (the meaning of debatable, not the use normally used in North America of irrelevant). So until someone who has been banned comes up with a reply from SEGA saying "you were banned for xxx reason" then this will constantly be troll bait.
Yes, if you are frustrated and annoyed with SEGA then it is easy to see them as the bad guys, but that doesn't make it right. Just as much as wanting to see the good in all people doesn't make SEGA the good guys either.

Oh, and as for calling someone's opinion wrong. That isn't good. First of all, opinions are subjective by nature. That would mean in general there is no right or wrong opinion. Secondly, you have to be careful when calling an opinion wrong on something under debate. Don't forget, it was once generally accepted that the Sun orbited the Earth. So without further proof, you can't say someone's opinion is wrong, even if it is general consensus.

moorebounce
Jul 30, 2012, 06:29 PM

The older PSO games has that feature so I have no clue why Sega wouldn't put it in PSO2. I say if you AFK in the lobby it should be a 15 minute time limit and if you do it on a camp ship it's an hour. If you do it in your room then you can AFK all you want.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:32 PM
At the time dialup was the main way of getting online, which cost money by the hour. Servers were also capable of handling less stress at the time, and blocks were even more limited than they are now too.

That's not an argument to keep them out of PSO2 though.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 30, 2012, 06:45 PM
The older PSO games has that feature so I have no clue why Sega wouldn't put it in PSO2.

That being said, CoD used to have leaning in it, and yet that's been removed, as well.

It's just stupid decision making or oversighting.

Alenoir
Jul 30, 2012, 06:48 PM
the TOS specificly stopping people from buying AC outside of Japan.

I still don't know which part of the TOS specifically says people living outside Japan cannot purchase AC. Care to quote?