PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Classes

Jonth
Jul 30, 2012, 02:56 PM
So yeah. If you haven't already, and since Mike hasn't updated yet, check out the PSO Blog. Sub-Classes are all but confirmed. Take that G.A.M.E.R.-X, and your stupid theory on Duman classes...

Anyway, speculation. I am expecting Techer, Gunner, and Fighter. Maybe not those names, but something along those lines. As far as the Techer class, I am expecting the skill tree to be focused on light, dark, and wind techs.

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
Lol I JUST NOW read this on bumped...

Who were the ones that kept saying "LOLOLOL IT MIGHT NOT BE SUBCLASSES"?

Anyway yeah, the names obviously make sense now.

NOW TO SUB TECHER EVERYTHING!

Vyscillius
Jul 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
So yeah. If you haven't already, and since Mike hasn't updated yet, check out the PSO Blog. Sub-Classes are all but confirmed. Take that G.A.M.E.R.-X, and your stupid theory on Duman classes...

Anyway, speculation. I am expecting Techer, Gunner, and Fighter. Maybe not those names, but something along those lines. As far as the Techer class, I am expecting the skill tree to be focused on light, dark, and wind techs.

Since I'm clueless about those subclasses, could I get a link that would tell me more information about those?
Also, I would like to know when they will be available. If someone could refresh my memory, that would be great, thanks.

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 03:02 PM
Lol I JUST NOW read this on bumped...

Who were the ones that kept saying "LOLOLOL IT MIGHT NOT BE SUBCLASSES"?

Anyway yeah, the names obviously make sense now.

NOW TO SUB TECHER EVERYTHING!I did.

I still think it could just be an advancement of your current class, with a different tree.

HFlowen
Jul 30, 2012, 03:05 PM
_ U B _ L A S S

UHHHHH..... PUB GLASS!

Jonth
Jul 30, 2012, 03:06 PM
I did.

I still think it could just be an advancement of your current class, with a different tree.

If by a continuation of your current class, you mean it being a separate class that you have in addition to your current one, with a completely different skill tree, then yes, you are correct.

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2012, 03:08 PM
If by a continuation of your current class, you mean it being a separate class that you have in addition to your current one, with a completely different skill tree, then yes, you are correct.So you're saying that in order for us to get the benefit of a sub tree it makes more sense that they're going to make us level a class from scratch a'la switching to Ranger/Force/Hunter? Or is there something I'm missing here?

I think it will just be a new tree that you can put more points in.

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2012, 03:13 PM
So you're saying that in order for us to get the benefit of a sub tree it makes more sense that they're going to make us level a class from scratch a'la switching to Ranger/Force/Hunter? Or is there something I'm missing here?

We don't know that yet but I would be surprised.

They COULD have it level up alongside your class. But probably make you play the basic class to unlock it either way. e_e

I think it'd be weird if they just gave us access to a WHOLE skill tree with no effort in unlocking parts of it, through points or whatever.

I'm also curious if it would give us bonus stats or re-arrange your stats to balance out the use of both classes. Or if you would have to build up your stats by yourself, on your mag, with your sub class in mind... (Laaamme I need more R-atk...)

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 03:13 PM
So you're saying that in order for us to get the benefit of a sub tree it makes more sense that they're going to make us level a class from scratch a'la switching to Ranger/Force/Hunter? Or is there something I'm missing here?

I think it will just be a new tree that you can put more points in.Why can't the two be one and the same? That's basically what GoldenFalcon and I think they're going to be. They might have a separate way to gain SP though, which means yes, we'll probably have to level our subclasses, but not by switching to them from our main class. As I said before, I suspect that the exp we aren't getting from mission rankings is for them.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 03:14 PM

0 EXP at the end of every single mission
Strange, how that is

I think it will just mimic PSU, leveling your [sub]class with S ranks

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jul 30, 2012, 03:14 PM
hopefully I can equip Double Sabers with Twin Mechguns using Sub-Class's. I need more info though. D:

NoiseHERO
Jul 30, 2012, 03:15 PM
I also wonder if you could stack them... and it'd give you further access to your current class type...

Like Hunter-Fighter...

Hmm... that'd make things tricky.. If it WAS like that, it'd be EXACTLY like PSU's class choices and I can imagine the new weapons being scattered across them to keep them a "unique" choice or something.

Jonth
Jul 30, 2012, 03:16 PM

I think it will just be a new tree that you can put more points in.

So you are just questioning whether you will have to level said secondary class? Like maybe you will get an equivalent amount of points to add to that tree? Eh, maybe, but I think you will have to level it. For one, I think your secondary class may add stats in some lesser way compared to your main class.

EDIT: But yeah, I think the sub-classes will level up along side your current class. Probably from the EXP from S-Ranks.

Gardios
Jul 30, 2012, 03:19 PM
Nothing to get excited about until we get actual information about subclasses. e_e

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2012, 03:20 PM
I just need to know what combination I need to be to use twin mechguns and fists at the same time.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 30, 2012, 03:20 PM
Nothing to get excited about until we get actual information about subclasses. e_e

Too late! *Le excited*

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 03:22 PM
Looks like my thought may have been right. It can function as either a specialization or branching off a bit into another class.

Depending on the new trees' contents this could easily be done. The force tree could be largely buffs and support oriented with extra t-atk etc, the ranger tree could be the same, and hunter could grant gears for the new weapons that are more situational than the existing hunter weapons. Fists on a ranger would be neat, but limited. Oh boy oh boy if I can get mechguns on my hunter because of this...

I'd like that, but we'll see.

Jonth
Jul 30, 2012, 03:22 PM

LIES! You're a dirty, rotten liar! This is reason enough to get excited!

Rootsuki
Jul 30, 2012, 03:23 PM
Certainly a mystery. As long as it will get me something to do on there. Tired of doing matter boards...

Gardios
Jul 30, 2012, 03:26 PM
Stop getting excited, it may be contagious and then I'm excited too and then I'm waiting and waiting and the excitement fades and then BAM UPDATE EXCITEMENT AGAIN

Don't make me ride the excitement roller coaster! D:

Enforcer MKV
Jul 30, 2012, 03:29 PM
Stop getting excited, it may be contagious and then I'm excited too and then I'm waiting and waiting and the excitement fades and then BAM UPDATE EXCITEMENT AGAIN

GRAB MY HAND! *Gardios does so* *I fly off, him in tow.*

EXCITEMENT!

Jonth
Jul 30, 2012, 03:32 PM

But you must! We all must ride that coaster... We have met with a terrible fate, haven't we?

Anyway, Paladins have been confirmed! Well, not exactly. I'm probably going Hunter/Techer, going to spec in the light line of techs, and bam! Paladin. If it is not exactly like this, I hate you SEGA!

Enforcer MKV
Jul 30, 2012, 03:33 PM
Paladins

SUB CLASSES! NAO!

Gardios
Jul 30, 2012, 03:51 PM
GRAB MY HAND! *Gardios does so* *I fly off, him in tow.*

EXCITEMENT!

This made me laugh too hard. But I will resist!

Paladins

...gah... must not get excited...

darkante
Jul 30, 2012, 03:54 PM
Lets see

My Cast is likely going Hunter/Ranger
And Newearl a Hunter/Force or Pure Force.

Depends really on what things has to offer.

Vyscillius
Jul 30, 2012, 03:54 PM
I'll get excited when things get real.
Until then, I'm prepared for the worse. (Mostly because I'll have to sit back and think "how am I gonna raise my children character? Which class will I take?" it depends if we can switch sub-classes like we switch main classes, then the thinking will be over really quickly...

Mikura
Jul 30, 2012, 03:56 PM
Badass. Been expecting this for awhile, just wondered when it would be confirmed. Gonna be rolling as hunter/techer when the time comes.

Kirukia
Jul 30, 2012, 03:56 PM
Until then, I'm prepared for the worse. (Mostly because I'll have to sit back and think "how am I gonna raise my children character? Which class will I take?" it depends if we can switch sub-classes like we switch main classes, then the thinking will be over really quickly...

I hope you can change them. Otherwise this is going to be a very tough decision for me.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 03:57 PM
I hope you can change them. Otherwise this is going to be a very tough decision for me.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to switch them like your main class.

Vyscillius
Jul 30, 2012, 03:59 PM

Yeah, that wouldn't make sense, would it? But then again, we're talking about SEGA here... Let's be prepared for anything, shall we? :D

Kirukia
Jul 30, 2012, 04:00 PM

Well I assumed you'd be able to, especially if they come out with even more sub-classes later.
I've played other games though where you'd have to pay to change your sub-classes.

Angelo
Jul 30, 2012, 04:01 PM
Just crossing my fingers that I can stack the same class.

i.e. Hunter-Fighter

Enforcer MKV
Jul 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
Just crossing my fingers that I can stack the same class.

i.e. Hunter-Fighter

I don't see them limiting that. It'd be like fortefighter from PSU.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
HunterFighter would be the new Hunter, since you'd be dumb to not choose a subclass

Cortte
Jul 30, 2012, 04:12 PM
I see most people are content with this information, as am I, however I can't help but feel like the purchasing of Skill tree resets will be in order down the road. There is bound to be a tree path, for example ice in Force that will benefit one of the sub trees.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 04:13 PM
I just hope I won't need to buy extra skillsheets for extra subclasses. Watch how even with 3 skillsheets for hunter, you're limited to just 1 subclass option for all of them unless you pay up again.

Angelo
Jul 30, 2012, 04:14 PM
HunterFighter would be the new Hunter, since you'd be dumb to not choose a subclass

Well my fear is that everyone would be strongarmed into playing a hybrid.

It's not likely, but it's a possibility.

Vyscillius
Jul 30, 2012, 04:18 PM
Well my fear is that everyone would be strongarmed into playing a hybrid.

It's not likely, but it's a possibility.

Same question ever again : what's better, specificty or all-rounded?

The whole point of creating a HUnewearl as my first character was to be a "Hunter support", a Hunter who can heal/shifta/deband and can be a good +1 for a HUcast. I didn't know Hunters couldn't use Techs ^^;

I wonder if the problem will be "solved" and if it is, what path to take?

Cortte
Jul 30, 2012, 04:22 PM
I forgot the class name in PSU. I think it was called Arcmaster? Where it was proficient in all manner of light weapons including the shoulder support thing and whips. I really hope something like that will come into play. I would really like that increased attack speed and accuracy.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 04:24 PM
It's easily possible that Sega will have you use the same skillpoint pool on both trees. So with 45 SP now, that's 45 you can spend on your main tree OR your subclass tree. In that case, even if hybrid stuff is FORCED on you, you don't actually need to spend it on the other tree.

It's entirely possible that the new trees are heavily stripped down versions of the existing trees. For instance, take the ranger tree, now remove all class-unique abilities such as weak bullet, traps, and anything that isn't merely extra stat bonus or weak hit advance - besides weapon equipping, that is.

But, hrm, that wouldn't account for Sakai saying each new weapon would be usable by two classes. Maybe it's split differently based on which class you hybridize with? Ranger-fighter gets daggers, but force-fighter gets fists, and any version of hunter gets both? That's kind of a stretch though, I really have nfi.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 04:33 PM
But, hrm, that wouldn't account for Sakai saying each new weapon would be usable by two classes. Maybe it's split differently based on which class you hybridize with? Ranger-fighter gets daggers, but force-fighter gets fists, and any version of hunter gets both? That's kind of a stretch though, I really have nfi.

My thoughts were that Hunter and Fighter would both get the new weapons, so that you have more incentive to choose Gunner or Techer subclass, since you already get the cool new striking weapons by default

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 04:38 PM
It's easily possible that Sega will have you use the same skillpoint pool on both trees. So with 45 SP now, that's 45 you can spend on your main tree OR your subclass tree. In that case, even if hybrid stuff is FORCED on you, you don't actually need to spend it on the other tree.

It's entirely possible that the new trees are heavily stripped down versions of the existing trees. For instance, take the ranger tree, now remove all class-unique abilities such as weak bullet, traps, and anything that isn't merely extra stat bonus or weak hit advance - besides weapon equipping, that is.

But, hrm, that wouldn't account for Sakai saying each new weapon would be usable by two classes. Maybe it's split differently based on which class you hybridize with? Ranger-fighter gets daggers, but force-fighter gets fists, and any version of hunter gets both? That's kind of a stretch though, I really have nfi.I think it would be something like the main and subclasses being able to use all the weapons but the skill trees being seperate, so for instance, you could play a force-fighter and use a sword but you wouldn't be able to use the sword gear or just guard. Likewise you might be able to play a Hunter-Techer but not have access to PP restore.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 30, 2012, 04:39 PM
Excellent. Now Maz can make use of his Newman magicalness... unless Twin Daggers (but I dunno if they'll even be in the game) and/or Knuckles require a different subclass to use.

sugarFO
Jul 30, 2012, 04:40 PM
Guess it's Force Techer for me! Just like PSU maybe, I was a Fortetecher and I liked it. ^^

ShadowDragon28
Jul 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
*sigh* I guess I'm the only one that wants a Hunter-Force hybrid class so we can have PSO style Humar that can use a limited range of Techniques... :(

SaiKo
Jul 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
Eh. It'd be nice to get Resta for my RAcaseal I suppose, but other than that, I don't really care too much about this.

I did enjoy screwing around with double-sabers and twin sabers in PSO a bit, but I'm generally a pure gun-nut. And since the only new gun seemingly being added at this point is the Twin Mechguns (which I've no intention of touching), subclasses in themselves don't add a whole lot for me. But I suppose it remains to be seen how they're set up. If Gunner ends up getting access to any abilities that function more like PSO's weapons' special attacks (or at least a bonus chance to proc effects from affixes), then I'll be more interested.

serenade
*sigh* I guess I'm the only one that wants a Hunter-Force hybrid class so we can have PSO style Humar that can use a limited range of Techniques... :(

i'd prefer a Force-Hunter hybrid. a.k.a. FOmar. best class ever.

gigawuts

Correct. The rest of us want HUnewearl style hunter-forces

Even on my Cast 8-)

Raging Ghost
Jul 30, 2012, 05:11 PM
I mostly want Ranger/Force.

Gama
Jul 30, 2012, 05:11 PM
something like acrotecher would be great... :3

pikachief
Jul 30, 2012, 05:19 PM
Guntecher!! Twin Mechs + Wands for heals and buffs maybe? :D

Angelo
Jul 30, 2012, 05:27 PM
Guntecher!! Twin Mechs + Wands for heals and buffs maybe? :D

Ugh, let's hope not.

Hopefully hybrid tech users can use techs from the hotbar just like FOs.

I hated the whole 'techs are attached to your weapons' PSU garbage.

pikachief
Jul 30, 2012, 05:29 PM
Ugh, let's hope not.

Hopefully hybrid tech users can use techs from the hotbar just like FOs.

I hated the whole 'techs are attached to your weapons' PSU garbage.

oh I don't wish for it to be a required thing. I'm pretty sure heals are just better when charged and I like wands :D

(but the idea of healing and buffing without having to switch from my twin mechguns sound nice too. That is if we actually get all this)

Aumi
Jul 30, 2012, 05:31 PM
I want to use Mechguns and Partizans (or perhaps Double Sabers, for some good ol' Fighgunner feeling)! D:

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 05:32 PM
oh I don't wish for it to be a required thing. I'm pretty sure heals are just better when charged and I like wands :D

(but the idea of healing and buffing without having to switch from my twin mechguns sound nice too. That is if we actually get all this)

Support techs aren't effected by your weapon's T-atk so casting resta with a tech weapon wouldn't be any different than casting it without one. I hope wands get some sort of special ability and aren't just shorter staffs.

Ueno54
Jul 30, 2012, 05:34 PM
Hope we get specialized weapons for doubling up. Would be a shame if hunter/hunter couldn't use anything exotic compared to force or ranger/hunter.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 06:20 PM
Resta is the only one affected by what weapon you're wielding, for the other's it doesn't matter what you're using.

It's not. Trust me. Weapon T-atk is the only thing it doesn't use though, so equipment abilities ON your weapon (as well as any other gear) still effect it.

ScottyMango
Jul 30, 2012, 06:21 PM

This is what I have been waiting for and I am so happy it's finally 'confirmed' in some way.

NO GUYS IT'S A DEWMAN SECOND TIER CLASS THAT'S ALL.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:22 PM
Is there even anything a wand could do that rods don't? Unless they give innate bonuses to casting times, or AOE, or something, all that's left is affixes that can just be moved to rods.

Sega seems to have intentionally merged the Pole, Staff, and Wand weapon classes into Rods. It's good this way.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 06:24 PM
innate bonuses to casting timesI could see that happening actually, though I have to admit it wouldn't make me too excited.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 06:24 PM
What if Wand or Cane or whatever the short stick just has double charge speed?
Like, you could charge fire spells 4 times as fast

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:29 PM
Wand could also have better chance of applying status effects like freeze, burn, panic, etc. That's another thing that isn't available via affixes.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 30, 2012, 06:35 PM
Is there even anything a wand could do that rods don't? Unless they give innate bonuses to casting times, or AOE, or something, all that's left is affixes that can just be moved to rods.

Sega seems to have intentionally merged the Pole, Staff, and Wand weapon classes into Rods. It's good this way.

Golf swing special? heheheheh....

actually, that sounds....kinda cool.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:36 PM
Golf swing casting?

Sa Zonde just got way more fun to cast.

HFlowen
Jul 30, 2012, 06:38 PM
I wanna see Protransers come back. Or Just let me have some kind of Hunter/Ranger hybrid that I can use traps with, I can use my imagination.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 30, 2012, 06:38 PM
that or a melee special. Imaging striking a Dagan onto the green.

mwahahahahahahaha...

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:40 PM
I kind of want traps on my cast, but only if they freeze or confuse. That's not really what traps are for now, so I don't mind not having them.

moorebounce
Jul 30, 2012, 06:43 PM
So whats the difference between being able to chance your class and having a sub-class?

Gardios
Jul 30, 2012, 06:45 PM
We don't know anything other than that subclasses exist for now.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:47 PM
So whats the difference between being able to chance your class and having a sub-class?

We know how one works, and the other spawns page upon page of speculation, anger, and hate.

Angelo
Jul 30, 2012, 06:48 PM
I'm hoping that some of the abilities that were dropped in the alpha trees will make a comeback

Flash Guard would be nice to beef up my T-Def on my HU. I'm also hoping for some more hate generation extensions, like a AoE upgrade for Warcry.

Noblewine
Jul 30, 2012, 06:51 PM
I'm going to tinker with it but I want a mix of Melee/Range. I haven't really kept up with pso2 so I'm a little behind on the news. Does the subclasses get new skill trees or something if you choose to mix it up abit?

Indignation Judgment
Jul 30, 2012, 06:52 PM
This is my full call on the matter:

-Subclasses are, by itself, a system.
-Techer, Gunner, and the other one I can't remember are normal classes as legit as Force, Hunter, Ranger.
-The new weapon types will be released along the new classes, so the new classes have a weapon of their own.
-You can choose one of your other classes to be your subclass.
-You inherit all of your subclass' skills learnt on their Skill Tree.
-You inherit native usage of your subclass' weapons.
-If you are not a force as first or second class, Marloo will send you flying into outer space in a foie burst.

Agitated_AT
Jul 30, 2012, 06:57 PM
Well i'm all for this as long it doesn't affect the balance of the game.

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 30, 2012, 06:57 PM
^^ I think its just a Sub-Class of the Main Class instead of a pick and choose otherwise they would just say and or hint towards Hybrids. Golden Falcon is spot on ;)

MelancholyWitch
Jul 30, 2012, 07:00 PM
Hopefully this means I'll finally be able to cast techniques as a newman...since well... it's very unlike PSO that I can't.

Zyrusticae
Jul 30, 2012, 07:03 PM
^^ I think its just a Sub-Class of the Main Class instead of a pick and choose otherwise they would just say and or hint towards Hybrids. Golden Falcon is spot on ;)
If this is true, I will murder someone.

Someone responsible.

I doubt they would do something that incredibly disappointing.

SaiKo
Jul 30, 2012, 07:05 PM
Eh. If they did that, I'd expect they'd call them 'Advanced professions"

"Subclass" implies that there are options to choose from.

NoGoBoard
Jul 30, 2012, 07:19 PM
There's two ways I can imagine it'll work:

1. You have your main class with it's skill tree and stuff, and your subclass. Depending on your main class and subclass combination, you end up with a different subclass skill tree.

Hunter/Fighter: High damage potential or high damage mitigation/tanking.
Hunter/Gunner: Focus on wired lance, daggers, AR, mechgun
Hunter/Techer: Focus on sword, partisan and offensive AoE technics

Ranger/Fighter: Focus on sword, partisan, gunslash and launcher
Ranger/Gunner: Crazy crowd control and debuff potential
Ranger/Techer: Focus on AR, mechgun and support techniques

Force/Fighter: Focus on wired lance, daggers, rods and support technics
Force/Gunner: Focus on AR, mechgun, cards and ranged offensive technics
Force/Techer: Crazy elemental damage potential

2. You have your main class and subclass, but the subclass trees are the same regardless of your main class.

The first would allow them to really tailor make a hybrid class, while the second would make things more rigid and could possibly lead to some odd choices, like when they finally come out with light/dark/wind technic talents.

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 30, 2012, 07:21 PM
If this is true, I will murder someone.

Someone responsible.

I doubt they would do something that incredibly disappointing.

Disappointing? How would it be disappointing? What would be the point of a Ranger using a Fighter as a Sub Class? The only sense it makes is if Forces use Fighters and Hunters and Rangers use Techers. That is if were talking Hybrids but even then whats the point of having a Hybrid if all the classes are almost perfect. Rangers and Force Rarely need to heal in terms of Damage a Monster can do to them compared to Hunters. As they are Mid-Long Range. Thats my Perspective of it and i know everyone is entitled to their own opinions and depending upon how the Sub Classes are setup i can find some instances where hybrids could be useful but in the end id rather have more weapons and Techs based around my main class. All in all i want Knuckles :3

Jonth
Jul 30, 2012, 07:31 PM
What would be the point of a Ranger using a Fighter as a Sub Class?

Gunslash Masters.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 07:37 PM
There's two ways I can imagine it'll work:

1. You have your main class with it's skill tree and stuff, and your subclass. Depending on your main class and subclass combination, you end up with a different subclass skill tree.

Hunter/Fighter: High damage potential or high damage mitigation/tanking.
Hunter/Gunner: Focus on wired lance, daggers, AR, mechgun
Hunter/Techer: Focus on sword, partisan and offensive AoE technics

Ranger/Fighter: Focus on sword, partisan, gunslash and launcher
Ranger/Gunner: Crazy crowd control and debuff potential
Ranger/Techer: Focus on AR, mechgun and support techniques

Force/Fighter: Focus on wired lance, daggers, rods and support technics
Force/Gunner: Focus on AR, mechgun, cards and ranged offensive technics
Force/Techer: Crazy elemental damage potential

2. You have your main class and subclass, but the subclass trees are the same regardless of your main class.

The first would allow them to really tailor make a hybrid class, while the second would make things more rigid and could possibly lead to some odd choices, like when they finally come out with light/dark/wind technic talents.

Since this is more than 3 classes - and fighter/gunner/techer aren't true "classes" (assuming Sakai was correct - and translated correctly - in stating that there would indeed be 3 new classes) then here's another thought.

Fighter, Gunner, and Techer are standalone classes with their own distribution of specs, weapons, and trees. Subclasses are ANY other class that you can tack onto your current class, gaining access to their weapons, full/partial access to their trees, and 50% or perhaps 100% of all stats. XP is applied to both relevant classes at once. New areas have considerably more difficult enemies to kill, REQUIRING these extra stats. Digging into your existing class may be possible, for a 1.5x bonus to all stats.

Or.

Each of those combinations, with F/G/T being just a secondary title for H/R/F, are the same. Hunter/Gunner = Ranger/Fighter. That's a total of 3 new classes.

Those are my two best guesses.

Macman
Jul 30, 2012, 07:39 PM
I bet it'll be like this:

Primary class determines your stats
Secondary class only gives you access to weapons/PAs/skill tree

Jonth
Jul 30, 2012, 07:43 PM
Since this is more than 3 classes - and fighter/gunner/techer aren't true "classes" (assuming Sakai was correct - and translated correctly - in stating that there would indeed be 3 new classes) then here's another thought.

Fighter, Gunner, and Techer are standalone classes with their own distribution of specs, weapons, and trees. Subclasses are ANY other class that you can tack onto your current class, gaining access to their weapons, full/partial access to their trees, and 50% or perhaps 100% of all stats. XP is applied to both relevant classes at once. New areas have considerably more difficult enemies to kill, REQUIRING these extra stats. Digging into your existing class may be possible, for a 1.5x bonus to all stats.

Or.

Each of those combinations, with F/G/T being just a secondary title for H/R/F, are the same. Hunter/Gunner = Ranger/Fighter. That's a total of 3 new classes.

Those are my two best guesses.

If you assume that Ranger/Fighter is one class, then sure. However, the assumption is that you have two classes at once, not that adding a sub-class makes a completely new class. So in that mind set, Fighter, Gunner, and Techer could be three new classes, even if they exist only as sub-classes.

Zyrusticae
Jul 30, 2012, 07:46 PM
Disappointing? How would it be disappointing?
In what world is having fewer choices and options ever a good thing?

What would be the point of a Ranger using a Fighter as a Sub Class?Besides the obvious Gunslash Master, what if someone just likes the idea of shooting things until they get close to skewer them with a blade?

Just because something doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean the idea is completely without merit. :-?

G.A.M.E.R-X
Jul 30, 2012, 07:48 PM
Inb4 "Collect 120 biomaterial data ( that drops at a shitty random rate so have fun killing 500 of each areas enemy if you're lucky to get them) each from Forest/Caves/Desert/Tundra/Mines/Floating Islands to earn license to access subclasses"

You know its gonna happen. If there's one thing wrong with this game, its the unnecessary tedious bullshit to draw out playtimes, its stupid length padding.

The client order to get a MAG wasn't bad at all, but the 90/90/90 quest was flat out horrible and alot of my friends that were fairly new to PSO and played a ton up to level 30 flat out quit, because that client order is a bullshit chore and I don't blame them.

Can't wait to see what retarded hoops sega asks players to jump through this time...

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 07:50 PM
If you assume that Ranger/Fighter is one class, then sure. However, the assumption is that you have two classes at once, not that adding a sub-class makes a completely new class. So in that mind set, Fighter, Gunner, and Techer could be three new classes, even if they exist only as sub-classes.

It depends on perspective. The information we have is vague at best, and not even necessarily true anymore.

I don't think that's likely. A subclass isn't a class (Or perhaps it is, and it was poor phrasing on Sakai's part).

It's possible, though. The new weapons being "usable by two classes" may indeed mean the main class gets it as well as the subclass that can be used by everyone, but some of those weapons seem distinct to that class and not really something you'd give to a different main class. Twin daggers, for instance.

Soul Guardian
Jul 30, 2012, 07:53 PM
It's possible, though. The new weapons being "usable by two classes" may indeed mean the main class gets it as well as the subclass that can be used by everyone, but some of those weapons seem distinct to that class and not really something you'd give to a different main class. Twin daggers, for instance.

The way I see it, if both Hunter and Fighter can use daggers or double sabers or what have you, only Fighter would have access to the gear skills for those weapons. Similarly Techer would get exclusive access to wind/light/dark trees, and gunner would get skills that boost mechgun utility.

EDIT: This would allow for even more variety, since playing Hunter/Techer would then give you a completely different set up than Force/Fighter, even though they're both Melee Force combinations.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 07:56 PM
The way I see it, if both Hunter and Fighter can use daggers or double sabers or what have you, only Fighter would have access to the gear skills for those weapons. Similarly Techer would get exclusive access to wind/light/dark trees, and gunner would get skills that boost mechgun utility.
This is how I think it's going to play out too.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 07:58 PM

EDIT: This would allow for even more variety, since playing Hunter/Techer would then give you a completely different set up than Force/Fighter, even though they're both Melee Force combinations.

I like it.

You guys need to stop posting good ideas, you're getting everyone's hopes up and we all know full well that nothing this good will be put in. Watch as fighter/gunner/techer are just the ability to wear class-specific costumes.

Soul Guardian
Jul 30, 2012, 08:02 PM
You guys need to stop posting good ideas, you're getting everyone's hopes up and we all know full well that nothing this good will be put in. Watch as fighter/gunner/techer are just the ability to wear class-specific costumes.

inb4 class locked original PSO costumes/parts in AC scratch

GoldenFalcon
Jul 30, 2012, 08:08 PM
inb4 class locked original PSO costumes/parts in AC scratch

HUmar Legacy
Only equipable by male humans who have Hunter and/or Fighter currently set

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 30, 2012, 08:10 PM
Gunslash Masters.

Still no point as all classes can use the Gunslash its slated as a Generic Weapon. Even Fully Upgraded it cant keep up with my non upgraded Hunter Weapons and Im sure the same apply's to Rangers. Unless they give it a Boost, which they wont.

In what world is having fewer choices and options ever a good thing?

Besides the obvious Gunslash Master, what if someone just likes the idea of shooting things until they get close to skewer them with a blade?

Just because something doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean the idea is completely without merit. :-?

I also stated in some cases Hybrids would be useful but others wont make sense. Refer to what i said above about Gun Slash's. And i never said it doesn't appeal to me, more like it wouldn't make sense other then most if not all people using Techer as their Hybrid Combo. Using Fighter as your Sub Class of your hybrid with Ranger is useless. Not only are you wasting a Sub Class on a weapon that wont do much damage but even so the Damage is and always will be less then what your Main class's Damage does. While i do understand people would like to experiment with Hybrids i feel that the Main Classes now are fine the way they are, and that Sub-Classes would only perfect and refine those classes in a way that benefits those classes and those classes only. But knowing SoJ you never know what they might throw at you next.

Selphea
Jul 30, 2012, 08:15 PM
Give dual wield Gunslashes >_> If one Gunslash can't cut it, use two!

So if the new classes are confirmed to be subclasses, does that mean the new weapon types will be hybrid-oriented? Like Twin Daggers being Twin Dagger-pistols, Mechguns shooting Techs and Wands having a melee mode where they produce a lightsaber beam

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 30, 2012, 08:17 PM

So if the new classes are confirmed to be subclasses, does that mean the new weapon types will be hybrid-oriented? Like Twin Daggers being Twin Dagger-pistols, Mechguns shooting Techs and Wands having a melee mode where they produce a lightsaber beam

I doubt tbh, the way it looks is that the New Sub Classes will bring new Weapons for those Classes and hopefully for Hunters we get Gear for those weapons.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 08:18 PM

Back when I thought they were gonna be combo classes exclusively I thought it might be something like that, but if they're subclasses I don't think it's as likely, especially if it's going to be possible to have a main class and subclass of the same type (hunter/fighter for instance).

Shadowth117
Jul 30, 2012, 08:40 PM
Support techs aren't effected by your weapon's T-atk so casting resta with a tech weapon wouldn't be any different than casting it without one. I hope wands get some sort of special ability and aren't just shorter staffs.

I can prove to you this is wrong if you want. Its not nearly as much as your base T-Atk, but it definitely does affect it. I believe with maximum buffs without a weapon I heal 260 or 280 with charged resta and with the same buffs I can switch out to my rod and heal 315 with charged resta. Its not a huge difference, but it definitely counts.

As for wands... I would love to see something like a dual wield wand deal. They could perhaps have two slots per hand with individual charges on each hand. Their T-Atk would obviously be less than a rod, but I think it would be cool to see. Perhaps have them charge faster too? I doubt Sega would be that creative, but it would be cool in my opinion.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2012, 08:55 PM
I can prove to you this is wrong if you want. Its not nearly as much as your base T-Atk, but it definitely does affect it. I believe with maximum buffs without a weapon I heal 260 or 280 with charged resta and with the same buffs I can switch out to my rod and heal 315 with charged resta. Its not a huge difference, but it definitely counts.

As for wands... I would love to see something like a dual wield wand deal. They could perhaps have two slots per hand with individual charges on each hand. Their T-Atk would obviously be less than a rod, but I think it would be cool to see. Perhaps have them charge faster too? I doubt Sega would be that creative, but it would be cool in my opinion.

Does your rod happen to have a T-atk bonus from equipment abilities? As I said that effects resta, the base weapon T-atk is all that doesn't. I tested it by using a +10 but otherwise clean rod, and then a 2 star gunslash with +10 T-atk. The gunslash was higher. Likewise, casting barehanded was the same as using the Rod. I can make a video if you want.

I like the idea of dual wielding wands too, even if it's just an aesthetic thing, it amuses me. So does casting two techs at once actually.

Yo dawg I heard you like rafoie

Darki
Jul 30, 2012, 11:25 PM
I don't see why would the hunter be the only class to get gears for the new melee weapons... What would be then the skilltree of the sub-fighter? For me the cool thing would be actually that we'd get the gears of those weapons, gunslash included.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 11:35 PM
we'd get the gears of those weapons, gunslash included.

y esy esy esy esyesyeyseyseyseyseoysyesyeyse;gusyyesesyes

I initially liked gunslash being specialized in each class's tree, but having it in the subtree that any class can have is awesome. A hunter with weak bullet on gunslash, a force with gunslash gear, and obviously techs on gunslash for hunter/ranger (and all other weapons).

This sounds wonderful.

Darki
Jul 30, 2012, 11:37 PM
Wut?

Wouldn't it be just the gear for everybody who goes sub-fighter?

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 11:54 PM
That's what I said. I didn't specify which subtree though, I guess.

Darki
Jul 31, 2012, 12:51 AM
You just gave me a cool idea that obviously they won't implement, lol.

It'd be nice that the Gunslash, being a weapon used by all classes, had specific skills depending on the class. So a Gunner would have skills that enhanced the use of the gun part, a Fighter would get Gunslash gear and a Techer would get some sort of tech bonus when casting with gunslash, for example.

That aside, I'm curious to see how will "class free" weapons work with sub-classes. For example, would a Force-Hunter be able to use partisan skills with a Soul Eater, even if they don't have access to partisan gear? I think this is an interesting question specially in the case of the "class free" talis. If the Techer sub-class doesn't allow the ussage of talis, you'd still be able to use that one, and being a Force you'd have access to off-hand techs, so you'd be able to use that weapon with it's full potential. In the other hand, the Soul Eater is a weapon that can only equip PAs on itself, not the hotkey bar, so you should be specifically allowed to equip partisan skills on that one. Or else it'd be a bit unfair (I think).

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 01:03 AM
Yeah, I've been wanting per-class gunslash spec all along. Forces can already use techs with it equipped, so it would need a good bonus that rods and talises don't already cover. Giving it a casting speed bonus would be good, or maybe it deals damage based on the last tech used or I have no idea. Rangers could get weak bullet use on the gunslash, letting them use melee without spending anymore weak bullets, and hunters get a gear of some kind - maybe reduced PP usage as you fill the bar or PA's benefit in unique ways like the sword gear. Just throwing thoughts out, I doubt any of those will actually happen.

And I had that exact thought with the all-class talis too (the Duel Gaze). I've been watching the markets for a reasonably priced one with lucky rise and ragne soul, and bought one specifically for that purpose. There's also a wired lance with a T-ATK bonus, it's that super cheap pink one.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 01:07 AM
It'd be nice that the Gunslash, being a weapon used by all classes, had specific skills depending on the class. So a Gunner would have skills that enhanced the use of the gun part, a Fighter would get Gunslash gear and a Techer would get some sort of tech bonus when casting with gunslash, for example.

Well...
Hunter's Fury Stance adds R-Atk for a reason (and lolstepattack)
And Ranger has Standing Snipe
Force gets to cast spells

Yet, the introduction of subclasses will completely water down these differences

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 01:07 AM
We still ain't gettin' this until fall.

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2012, 01:08 AM
We still ain't gettin' this until fall.Isn't that what they said about the mines before too?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 01:09 AM
Isn't that what they said about the mines before too?

No, not really

It's basically a fact that these won't come out in August

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2012, 01:10 AM
No, not really

It's basically a fact that these won't come out in August

Fair enough. Just wanted to be sure. I'm a bit surprised they're waiting so long to raise the level cap again though.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 01:12 AM
Well, it is what they said about the mines very early on. They pushed the mines forward but left the classes and new weapons until the fall.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 01:13 AM
Fair enough. Just wanted to be sure. I'm a bit surprised they're waiting so long to raise the level cap again though.

Well, since the max level is seemingly only 100 (in a few years) it makes sense that they'd increase the level cap with half the frequency compared to PSU

Darki
Jul 31, 2012, 01:35 AM
More than the level cap I think the reason for it to go slower is the fact that you gotta level from scratch every class on a single character.

Anyways I like that. I don't like to play obsessed with reaching the level cap, and knowing that I still have 2~3 months till the next cap to enjoy missions without needing to grind makes me play more relaxed. I know I'll be capped probably in two classes for that time with my main anyways.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 31, 2012, 02:06 AM
Still no point as all classes can use the Gunslash its slated as a Generic Weapon. Even Fully Upgraded it cant keep up with my non upgraded Hunter Weapons and Im sure the same apply's to Rangers. Unless they give it a Boost, which they wont.

*chuckles and goes back to leveling Hunter using primarily gunslash saber mode*

Love this thing.

Rei-San
Jul 31, 2012, 02:19 AM
This is what I was waiting for.

Going techer sub on my Rei so I can use Ice techs again. :)

Arika
Jul 31, 2012, 04:24 AM
Since I already cap 40 all classes since long ago, I guess I ll just wait and see which ability they allow for mix and match.

I m thinking about :

Hu+ FO => Hunewearl revival. close combat with support from shifta, deband. and AoE spell such as gi-barta, gi-foie. Self resta.

FO + RA => Tech spam + weak bullet + weak spot advance + stand snipe Ohhhh!!

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:29 AM
HunterTecher and RangerTecher

Although, in the case that the skill trees for Force and _Techer don't overlap, you'd need to be ForceFighter to have increased effectiveness for ice and fire spells. Which means you'd be more like a FOmar, which isn't too bad

Rika-chan
Jul 31, 2012, 05:38 AM
I think I'll have a subclass hunter or force. So I'd be either a HunterTecher or a ForceHunter

Mystil
Jul 31, 2012, 06:44 AM
Or maybe I'll just stay pure hunter, and just buy another tree for it.

Darki
Jul 31, 2012, 08:27 AM
It depends on the weapon combinations that we'll be getting. I think I'm a bit weird playing the "magic knight" role, but I love huge swords and strong magic. If I could be Force-Fighter and use Swords, even gearless, I'd be a happy player, but I suppose that won't happen.

I guess I'll level both Hunter and Force, and then Fighter and Techer, and pick the one I'm more comfortable with. I'm a bit sad that it seems you can't go "pure hybrid", meaning that there aren't truly 50% classes, and you gotta choose between a Hunter with techs or a Force with some blades. I guess being a newman the closest to that would be a Hunter-Techer.

kkow
Jul 31, 2012, 09:40 AM
wait are the 3 subclass types confirmed? I fail to see the point of such boring subclasses, except maybe tech to selfheal/buff... I wanted completely new classes...

Jonth
Jul 31, 2012, 03:38 PM
If I could be Force-Fighter and use Swords, even gearless, I'd be a happy player, but I suppose that won't happen.

Wait... Why wouldn't that happen? This is basically what I'm expecting to happen. Maybe you're saying that Fighter won't get swords whereas Hunter will? Since Sakai said the new weapons will be usable by two classes each, I personally think that the old weapons will be usable by two classes each as well. I.e. swords, partisans, and so on will all be usable by hunters and fighters, but only one or the other will get skill tree/gear gauges for specific weapons. My opinion at least.

wait are the 3 subclass types confirmed? I fail to see the point of such boring subclasses, except maybe tech to selfheal/buff... I wanted completely new classes...

No, they are not confirmed, but Fighter, Techer, and Gunner seem the most likely to most of us based on the information provided so far. They don't seem boring to people such as myself considering they each will have their own skill trees that will specialize on aspects that some of us have been wanting for a while. For example, a Techer will likely be able to specialize in Light, Wind, and Dark techs (Force has Fire, Ice, Lightning) and Fighter will likely specialize in Double Sabers and something else (Hunters have Swords and Partisans).

Also, by adding one of these three sub-classes to a main class, you have made a custom class, and this opens up 9 class combinations altogether as opposed to just 6. Nine, and that doesn't take into consideration the considerable customization that can be put into each skill tree. Hunter/Techer specializing in Swords and Light techs?

Paladins.

Coatl
Jul 31, 2012, 03:58 PM
Ok so...we still know NOTHING!

e.e;

The meaning for Sub classes could be stretched so thin it doesn't even mean anything.

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2012, 04:02 PM
Uh Subclasses confirmed, but Fighter / Gunner / Techer not confirmed to BE the subclasses, they might as well be 3 new classes varied to the original ones while the Sub Class system is a whole other deal.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 04:03 PM
Uh Subclasses confirmed, but Fighter / Gunner / Techer not confirmed to BE the subclasses, they might as well be 3 new classes varied to the original ones while the Sub Class system is a whole other deal.

I was under the impression that the 。ブ。ラス was coming with the 3 new classes update, imminently

Vashyron
Jul 31, 2012, 04:08 PM
I was under the impression that the 。ブ。ラス was coming with the 3 new classes update, imminently

Yes, but that still doesn't directly point that those are the Subclasses.

Jonth
Jul 31, 2012, 04:10 PM
Uh Subclasses confirmed, but Fighter / Gunner / Techer not confirmed to BE the subclasses

Thanks for restating that, I explained that part a little poorly.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 04:10 PM
Yes, but that still doesn't directly point that those are the Subclasses.

I'm not complaining if subclasses come earlier...

But either way, Sakai LOOVES being vague. So maybe they are just calling the subclasses the "new classes in fall" or...

Maybe they're not. e_e

Blegh...

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 05:29 PM

Not to mention the screenshot itself filled in the blanks with サ and ク, I believe. Which would be subclass.

But that doesn't really get us anywhere since subclasses have been assumed to be coming regardless.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 05:39 PM
Maybe he was actually hinting at ラブプラス and PSO2 turns into a dating sim in a future update.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 31, 2012, 05:42 PM
Maybe he was actually hinting at ラブプラス and PSO2 turns into a dating sim in a future update.

Love Plus

..I would have never seen that myself. I hope this happens.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 05:45 PM
If they make pso2 a dating sim the shitstorm that would hit these forums would be the best entertainment I'll have had in centuries.

That is to say, my entire life plus some arbitrary amount of time.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 05:49 PM
If they make pso2 a dating sim the shitstorm that would hit these forums would be the best entertainment I'll have had in centuries.

That is to say, my entire life plus some arbitrary amount of time.

And after that shit storm clears

Like 12 threads asking how to progress your relationship with Lisa/Risa and Koffee would pop up.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 31, 2012, 06:30 PM

Like 12 threads asking how to progress your relationship with Lisa/Risa and Koffee would pop up.

...People are attracted to Koffee? But she's a cold-hearted- Oh... I see what you mean. Maybe I could sweet talk her into letting me skip the next level cap client order or something.

iTz PooKiie xx
Jul 31, 2012, 06:37 PM

Love is neither plus or minus...

(waits for someone to get it)

jooozek
Jul 31, 2012, 06:41 PM
Love is neither plus or minus...

(waits for someone to get it)

Sadly I got it, is it even worth checking out? Saw that an english patch came out for it.

iTz PooKiie xx
Jul 31, 2012, 09:02 PM
Sadly I got it, is it even worth checking out? Saw that an english patch came out for it.

What game are you talking about? O.o

Ueno54
Jul 31, 2012, 09:16 PM

Pssh everyone would be after that little tart Laveille.

Gardios
Jul 31, 2012, 09:26 PM
What game are you talking about? O.o

He didn't got your reference (I did! I think...) and was talking about Love Plus.

Regarding how good it is jooozek, I haven't played it myself but heard that it is very good. If you're into dating sims, you should check it out.

Maronji
Jul 31, 2012, 09:39 PM

That would be the day. I'd need so much popcorn.

jooozek
Aug 1, 2012, 01:32 AM
So it wasn't Love Plus+ but one of the Gintama episodes? Damn. And not really a fan of dating sims, but if its something groundbreaking in the genre, I just might give it a whirl.

Jester Dash
Aug 1, 2012, 01:54 AM
I love how off topic these threads get here xD